[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many gamesessions per week is too many? I may be pushing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: anuses.png (198KB, 476x427px) Image search: [Google]
anuses.png
198KB, 476x427px
How many gamesessions per week is too many?

I may be pushing it with three. Exalted on Tuesday, Warhammer Fantasy 2e on Thursday, and running Rogue Trader on Saturday.
>>
File: sauce.jpg (49KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.jpg
49KB, 500x280px
>>54074792
>>
>>54074807
no idea lol
>>
>>54074792
I dm Thursday and Friday, and play Saturday and Sunday.

I sometimes call sessions because I can't take the pressure.
>>
>>54074792
It depends on how much stuff is going on with your live and how much time you're willing to spend on rpgs, obviously. I've seen DAILY games advertised on roll20 before. I'm currently in semi-NEET status, picked 3 games and quietly waiting for at least one of them to die off so I can have some fucking rest or DM a heavily homebrewed B/X
>>
>>54074792

Through the miracle of unemployment, I'm in nine, two of which I run. Although eight of the nine are online and some don't run regularly.

Still, if I ever do get lucky and find my way back into gainful employment, I'll need to cut down. Not fucking likely with the job market around here, but we'll see.
>>
>>54074792
>>54075336

How much prep do you for DMing - do you improvise?
>>
>Japanese Erika Moen
>>
I'm a NEET til September when I go back to college. Had to take time off because of mental illness.

It depends on the game how much I prepare I'd say, I've never run RT before so I'm preparing a lot for that. The ship combat's a headache
>>
>>54074792
One a week is too many for me, bub.
>>
>>54075482
I improve a lot, don't get me wrong. I do not have enough hours in the day to lay out an intricate questline.

What I've done is take the knowledge that I have about my setting (it helps that I know the system back to front as well), and use it to approximate the "local amenities" and "coming attractions" if you will. This gives me a skeleton to build encounters around.
(crime bosses, warbands, cults, wildlife, etc.)

Player A wants to explore the other side of this valley? When the quest calls for him to be on this side? Doesn't matter.

I've come to enjoy stories where the players are given enough agency to build an arc for themselves. They can have their own encounters, find a secret item, or maybe trip and tumble down a hill.

Be spontaneous. Keep things moving. If you're doing your job right, the players will stop asking what their supposed to do and start with what they want to do.

NPC's can have one-note personalities, but as soon as a player wants to know more about them. Give that NPC a goal in life, a family, or anything that'd flesh them out as a real breathing person. It's actually not that hard if you just practice in your head a few times.
"My name is Miller, the millman."
>"Man, I wonder how you got that name."
"My father wanted me in his footsteps... I always hated my father."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.