[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with my ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

File: Rav.jpg (56KB, 506x755px) Image search: [Google]
Rav.jpg
56KB, 506x755px
I'm making a fallout campaign that involves the Wendigo, problem is I don't know how to end it. I trust my players and don't want to railroad them but I just don't know how to wrap it up.

The story so far is that the BOS is contracting the party out. They're sending them to the UP of Michigan to help with their greenhouse projects. About 50 years ago the BOS arrived at an airport in TN, and managed to jerry rig some vertibirds, in the software they were able to find an autopilot that leads to some place in Michigan. They send 4 vertibirds, about 20 BOS members ranging from scribes to paladins, to travel in the vertibirds up to a small base landing pad. The north is in a state of permanent nuclear winter. The BOS find a small group of native americans living on a tiny shithole reservation, they're living off a small greenhouse that keeps their village going. The BOS increases production and efficency of the greenhouse enough for the village to grow in exchange the BOS gets 70% of the food grown and they keep a squad near the village for protection.

Some time has passed and now the brotherhood are investigating their new base of operations. They are finding a lot of GPS coordinates that don't make sense and their radios are picking up garbled signals from the north. Turns out it's a research facility that the natives know about but the BOS doesn't. The natives are keeping them away from there because they believe it is cursed. They also know that the BOS would be irresponsible with the tech. Turns out that the base was used by the US gov't as some sort of paranormal research base. They were experimenting on the Wendigo phenomenon. In an attempt to control it and weaponize it for the war. They had abducted many of the native americans before the war to experiment on them, forcing them to eat human remains to transform into the wendigo.
>>
Cont. The villagers begin to sabotage the BOS supplies to try and deter them from exploring the base. They blame a group of raiders that used to give them trouble before the BOS moved in. Eventually the BOS still send out a 3 man squad, 2 paladins and 1 scribe, to investigate the base. On their way they are ambushed by raiders. The BOS killed most and took prisoners, blizzard comes in and the BOS are forced to take shelter. They make their way to the base, hanging off a 300 foot cliff. (Think that one base from inception) They turn off the security so they have free reign, turns out they free the lsat remaining wendigo.

The wendigo isn't frreed right away and the group of soldiers and prisoners begins to go crazy two prisoners kill a paladin out of his armor and begin eating him. The other paladin kills them both and resorts to cannibalism. He eventually kills the scribe as well. He makes his way back down saying that his group was ambushed and that there was nothing he could do.

I want him to be slowly turning into a wendigo, going on more missions alone so he can possibly get some more meat. The wendigo that still is in the base has grown intelligent. It can speak and it actually remembers its old life. 300 years of solitude forced him to ignore the hunger. He stays on the base and either kills or manipulates any explorers that would venture out there.

I just don't know what I want to do to end it. Blow up the base? Kill the Wendigo? If that Wendigo is killed will others come back?
>>
File: 9adOqNB.jpg (131KB, 811x608px) Image search: [Google]
9adOqNB.jpg
131KB, 811x608px
Bumping W/ fallout pics
>>
File: 1484513717886.jpg (362KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
1484513717886.jpg
362KB, 1024x711px
>>
File: 1484559737415.jpg (1MB, 1920x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1484559737415.jpg
1MB, 1920x1138px
>>
File: 1495591543764.jpg (358KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1495591543764.jpg
358KB, 1920x1279px
>>
>>54072903
>>54073045

I do not comprehend. What is the players roles in this? You've written a self contained back story.

I can see that the players might run into the paladin and he might have them do things, and further contact with him might clue in the party that he is degenerating mentally.

Then if he sends them to the base or the players kill him and find out from his journal what happened at the base, they could go there and interact with the ancient wendigo.

Plan for a couple different things that could happen depending on how the party handles the situation so you're ready to go depending on what goes down.

But it looks like you need to add some actual quests and objectives to the backstory you have prepared.

What do the paladin and wendigo want to do? Why can't they do it themselves? Why should the players help them? Why should the players stop them?
>>
File: Ash shop.jpg (442KB, 1920x952px) Image search: [Google]
Ash shop.jpg
442KB, 1920x952px
>>54073326
Ok, what I was going to have the party be doing was going and investigating the sabotages and disappearances. BOS would fly them in, have them pretend to be refugees and they would go to the village. They would be investigating the supplies, the raider attacks, the possibility of cannibalism, and any disappearances.

I wasn't clear but the objectives would be given like, "see what is going on in the village we believe that there is something up" that leads to them checking out supply lines, or the heads of the village, maybe investigating the raider camp from clues left at the last sabotage. There they find evidence that the paladin is lying, in the form of a journal or map to the base. There the ancient Wendigo would want to create other wendigos from the party, I would have him teach the players ways of eating humans to gain certain abilities. (enhanced intelligence from eating brain, or something like this) this would begin to corrupt them and they may eventually turn into wendigos at that point I would take away their character sheet and make them roll new characters. Ancient Wendigo would be Hannibal Lecter esc, manipulative and powerful. He would wish to gain the strength to attack the villagers, since they know how to kill him. I would say that he cannot be killed besides mystical means. Silver, burning its heart on a fire or something.

The Paladin turning wendigo would want the power that he feels but he doesn't know where it comes from. He would try to get them alone to kill/eat them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.