[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone played this? How is it in practice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Hillfolk_Cover_reduced1.png (142KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Hillfolk_Cover_reduced1.png
142KB, 250x350px
Anyone played this?
How is it in practice?
>>
>>54072699
>Lindybeige/10

I haven't played it and am likewise curious.
>>
>>54072699

I have yet to actually play this, but it's very roleplay heavy. This didn't go over well with one of my players when trying to make connections/emotional bonds to the other players, as he's more of a min-maxer.

The DramaSystem sounds great--I got both the core book and Blood on the Snow.

The hardest thing will probably be finding people to play it, since it's much more player-driven in mechanics and RP heavy.

I wish I could really answer you question OP, but I have yet to play it too. But here's a link to helpful resources on the game:

http://site.pelgranepress.com/index.php/free-downloads-and-resources-for-dramasystem/
>>
>>54072699
Not a fan.
>>
>>54074930
Why?
>>
The Lindybeige video makes it sound like Fiasco with extra baggage.

Also he really needs to play more role-playing games.
>>
>>54072699
Stupid name, decent system.
>>
>>54077270
Given the basic setting is about playing hill-dwelling barbarians in an Iron Age Levant-y setting, it makes sense desu
>>
It's really fucking good, but /tg/ hates storygames because they're a bunch of grognards.
>>
>>54072699
The drama system is interesting, but that's it.
Nothing mind blowing or remarkable, and the drama system is very easy to port to another game, so no point in playing it.
>>
>>54077353
>Levant-y
>all the art has them as white people in heavy furs
>>
>>54074930
Because it is a system designed to encourage roleplaying and instead shackles the players.

It's more or less a slightly structured free form.
>>
>>54072699
The card resolution mechanics are honestly quite shit, not the end of the world considering it isn't meant to be used often. However this means that the game doesn't intend for you to 'do' things too often but instead talk or roleplay things out. Again, in and of itself not a bad thing, but don't expect the drama system to do well with any action heavy game ideas and it will fall flat. Playing a tv drama of most flavours is what it is intended for. If you have wanted to play Midsummer Murders or the Sopranos then this is the game, but don't try and use it to play Mission Impossible or Fantasy Land slay the dragon adventures.
>>
Dramasystem is an incredibly rules-lite game engine focused on roleplay to the exclusion of everything else. It's really fun if you like that style of story-focused play, but this board doesn't respond super well to it. The Hillfolk setting is nothing special; it exists more as a proof of concept than anything else, and the alternate settings in Blood on the Snow are much more interesting.
>>
>>54077769
The art is black and white, there's no reason they couldn't be Semitic-looking.
Also the only "heavy furs" I can find is that old woman wearing an animal skin, which could be chalked up to a shaman/religious thing. The rest of the art seems fairly biblical, except for the additional settings of course
>>
>>54072699
>How is it in practice?
The best.
>>
I think it was poorly named. When I see Hillfolk and then DramaSystem I think it's a game about the Hollywood hills and I instantly shut down on it.
>>
>>54080162

It's not the game's fault you're retarded, anon.
>>
>>54080186
Shut your whore mouth, yes it is.
>>
>>54080162
Ehuh
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.