[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Undead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 6

The Robert J. Schwalb 4e lore for the "shadow of the void" wraith and the "shape of fire" wraith include the following passage:

>The shadows of the void and the shapes of fire are peculiar wraths found in the starry realm of the Astral Sea and are products of Nerull’s dark designs. To feed the dark god’s ambitions, he annihilated entire worlds, his angels flinging their screaming forms into the stars to be consumed and their soul energy extracted to feed his rapacious appetites. So evil were these genocides, darkness infected the dead’s spirits and thus were born these most deadly of all wraiths.

In other words, these are wraiths born from worlds hurled directly into suns, which is insane.

What are some other off-beat undead you are fond of? Atropals, stillborn god-fetuses, and Atropus, the undead moonlet-head of the Prime Mover, tend to be popular specimens of weird undead.
>>
File: The Ghost of a Flea.jpg (2MB, 1609x2196px) Image search: [Google]
The Ghost of a Flea.jpg
2MB, 1609x2196px
>>54072496
I can't find any source for those in 4e. Are you sure it wasn't 3e?

More to the question, an idea I like and want to expand on is 'larvae' - evil souls who return from death in masked, insectile forms.
>>
File: Wraith.pdf (88KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wraith.pdf
88KB, 1x1px
>>54074785

This is quasi-official conversion work from Robert J. Schwalb's project to convert Epic Level Handbook monsters to 4e.
>>
File: Inspire 03.jpg (79KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Inspire 03.jpg
79KB, 650x650px
Well, there's those hobgoblin undead that liquefy living bones and suck them out of people. Then you have the skins of people that come back to unlife and skin people alive.

Lemme think, fuckin uhhhh, there's also shadows. I always liked shadows; in Pathfinder they give templates like the jungle shadow, which can be shaped like a bat and always causes its victims to become jungle shadows.
>>
>>54074785

Larvae are outsiders, not undead.
>>
File: pale reaver.jpg (169KB, 640x993px) Image search: [Google]
pale reaver.jpg
169KB, 640x993px
>>54072496
I've always had a fondness for these.
>>
>>54077624
http://archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wordz.pl?keyword=larva
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.