[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/awg/ - Alternative Wargames General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 73

File: RADICAL.jpg (254KB, 525x641px) Image search: [Google]
RADICAL.jpg
254KB, 525x641px
Rad edition

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or people's homebrew wargames. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk
>>
File: bwak bwak.jpg (82KB, 750x491px) Image search: [Google]
bwak bwak.jpg
82KB, 750x491px
>>54072146
What you building, what you playing?
>>
>>54072654
Building Easterlings. Playing Mordor.
>>
Does anyone play the Quar series?
>>
File: 1498319476199.png (404KB, 877x539px)
1498319476199.png
404KB, 877x539px
>>54073220
>another evil player
>>
>>54073746
I already have a fully finished minas tirith and rohan force. i wanted something different in gold.
>>
Wargames General is a discord server that, while primarily focused on GW games, does have many people who also play other games, like kings of War and Flames.

You're welcome to come visit.

https://discord.gg/QU2djTV
>>
>>54072654
Waiting for my Shapeways, Brigade and Ravenstar orders.

Writing fluff and stats. How did I do?
>>
>>54074803
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT I FORGOT TO PUT THE POINTS VALUES FOR THE HECATE, ACHELOIS AND CHRYSANTHEMUM IN THEIR DATASHEETS

EVERY FUCKING TIME I THINK I'VE FINISHED SOMETHING LIKE THIS I FIND A MISTAKE
>>
>>54072654
Historicals, mostly...I should start painting minis for the original Warhammer Quest tho, but I can't bear myself doing it.
>>
https://strawpoll.com/47xc65g
I'm just curious.
>>
>>54073655
>Quar
What is?
>>
>>54077218
Seems to be WW1 with the worms from Worms

http://quarinvasion.com/
>>
what have you bought recently?
>>
>>54080312
Snagged about 750 points of Ghar suits during the warlord sprue sale

While I still have a backlog of some suits and outcasts

Send help please
>>
>>54077373
They're more like adorable anteater people.
>>
File: VombatRelease.jpg (110KB, 768x576px)
VombatRelease.jpg
110KB, 768x576px
I know someone a few threads back was looking for non-hovercraft 6mm tanks.

Brigade just announced these:

http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/Blog/2017/06/bring-on-the-guards/

Space BMPs and Space T-80s

Cheers.
>>
>>54080312
Still waiting on my Mominiaturas and Alkemy orders to come through. Hoping they're here in time for me to run a demo game next Tuesday.
Also got some Black Tree Designs fantasy spearmen (also for Alkemy) as they've got a 50% off sale on a lot of stuff .
>>
>>54080312
Paints.
To paint my new Antares stuff.
>>
>>54083484
That may have been me, and that's a nice expansion to their existing range. I just wish they'd do it for the non-Russian factions.
>>
Anyone got the One Page Warstuff rules? IIRC it was the toy soldier set, from before they took everything down and rebranded stuff - they seem to have ditched it in the transition.
>>
I'm working on an early draft for a 40k rewrite that uses alternating activations/interrupts rather than Igougo move-shoot-assault phases.

-Each army gets a variable amount of Command Points (CP) per turn.
-A unit gets a max of 2 actions per turn, chosen from:
--Move
--Attack (includes a 3" move). Assault Weapons can be used in melee if not used previously, so Breachers have a purpose, and Ork Warbikers get their old Psycho-Dakka-Blasta shtick back. You can split attacks between 2 melee weapons, use one melee weapon and one pistol, or two pistols.
--Defend ("Only lose a wound for every 2 failed saves, round up"). Defend replaces Smoke, Jink, Go to Ground, etc. and is a general catchall for protective measures. Only "Move" can be carried out twice.
--Some characters get noncombat actions they can take in lieu of attacking.
-Activating a unit lets it take up to 2 actions.
-Immediately after an activated unit declares an action but before executing it, the opponent may declare a unit will attempt to Interrupt. This lets the unit take one action.
-You cannot activate or interrupt with a unit that has taken any actions, unless you spend CP (see below).
-Command Points may be spent to:
--Bring a unit in from reserve.
--Interrupt with a unit that has already taken one action.
--Activate a unit that has already taken one action.
--Activate a second unit after activating one unit. You may not activate a third subsequent unit before handing the Initiative to your foe.

The system would have a few oddities/tweaks to represent old-school rules, hypothetical examples including:
-Dark Angels do not need to spend a CP to interrupt with a unit that moved, if that unit is attempting to shoot a charging foe.
-Dark Eldar have 6 - (Turn Number) CP per turn. They need to get in, accomplish their objective, then get out!
-Berzerkers can take two Attack Actions, if they're both with melee weapons.

Lemee know your thoughts.
>>
File: Khalid & Oracle.jpg (237KB, 890x1100px)
Khalid & Oracle.jpg
237KB, 890x1100px
>>54084745
Alkemy stuff came through!

I was a little worried about what I'd heard about the model quality but these seem to be a nice resin. The detail's good, very little sign of flash or molding lines. My main issue is with the staff and axe, which are way too bendy. The tails surprisingly aren't too bendy, and neither are most of the other weapons.
>>
File: Ghulam & Meharist.jpg (358KB, 1250x1400px)
Ghulam & Meharist.jpg
358KB, 1250x1400px
>>54089328
The Ghulam's got a nice bulk and size behind him.
Oh, and the models don't seem to have too much evidence of release agent, which is nice. It smells like garage kit resin stuff, which is normally a pain in the butt for release agent I find.
>>
File: Jarayas.jpg (304KB, 1300x1050px)
Jarayas.jpg
304KB, 1300x1050px
>>54089368
>>
Are dropfleet commander ships too large for full thrust?
>>
File: Bases.jpg (275KB, 1320x990px) Image search: [Google]
Bases.jpg
275KB, 1320x990px
>>54089437
What I wasn't expecting was that the starter comes with sculpted bases. which is nice. They're not something I've ever bothered with before.

It'll be interesting comparing the Alkemy and Mominiaturas stuff when that comes through.
>>
hi /awg/, what do you think of infinity? More specifically, once you start understanding the game, does it get much worse like some games do? (i know it isn't awg, but i don't trust the opinion of the genral made of peoplewho like it and i definitely don't trust the opinion of "common" /tg/)
>>
File: 20170630_182357.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20170630_182357.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>54089450
They would be fine to use but they're about 3x bigger than the official ones.

Speaking of FT, I got a parcel!
>>
>>54086741
are you going to remake all codices or will you try and use the official ones? because obviously the latter won't work and the first is a lot of work. I don't knwo anything about how the game will work, but defend is definitely OP. If you are giving units 2 AP, why make the attack let them move too? Does it apply to close combat only? Because you didn't specify that nor include a shoot action.
Good luck
>>
>>54089558
Have you played it? It seems a nice and cute game than I never will be able to play.
>>
>>54089328
>>54089368
>>54089437
How's the quality of the casts?
>>
>>54089696
Very good. Detailing is well defined and no casting errors that I've found so far.
One thing though, is that the inside leg of the Oracle is a solid flat surface, which is a little disappointing. Other than that no complaints.
>>
Rogue Stars:
>http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=CCF3915E01AE0576244C61B8B8F04E24

Broken Legions:
>http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=CCF3915E01AE0576244C61B8B8F04E24
>>
>>54090418
>same rather suspicious links
Not today, Mr. Hackerman.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (168KB, 1511x308px)
whatever.jpg
168KB, 1511x308px
>>54090489
literally one of the best known pages for ebooks anon.

Your loss
>>
>>54090528
Since these were both uploaded here, nah.
>>
>>54090541
They were? I missed them then. Actually i was asking for Broken Legions a couple of times and never got any reply so i was just happy to find it on my own and thought to share it.
>>
>>54089437
>>54089459
>>54089328
They look good.
Not so convinced by some of the blades (they look a bit 'soft') but in general really nice models, the Ghulam in particular.

I think it was Alkemy that had a pretty nice Chinese-y line I was interested in.

>>54080312
I picked up a few models from Ramshackle Games.
Mostly some Dungers (think Squigs, but look like tiger/woolly mammoths) but also a few other doods.
No idea about what to expect in terms of quality, since they seem to be pretty small, but I like the look of a lot of their stuff, so I'll probably go back and pick up other stuff if it comes through nice.
Also the dude that runs it is responsive and seems like a decent guy, which helps.
>>
>>54089615
Defend may need tweaking ("only versus shooting" maybe), but the idea is to use it as a "catchall" for all the assorted "defend" tricks that 40k has done, from g2g to smoke to jink. I wanted it to just be "cut failed saves in half", rather than how 7e had Ravenwing with 2+ reroll jink or so. Dunno about you, but for objective play, it makes more sense to attack and clear an enemy from an objective than huddle and hope you don't die.

The "attack" move is one part pile-in, one part "repositioning for range", especially since this can be used as part of an Interrupt/for ambushing things.

I had a few thoughts for move and attack actions too:
-If your unit is in melee, your opponent gets a free round of melee with all b2b models. ("Free strikes"). You cannot move within 1" of an enemy unless you end your move within 1" of them, in which case models in b2b may make a free round of melee attacks.
-You may make a 3" step prior to an attack. If in melee, this is like 8e Pile in. Otherwise, it's unrestricted.

Yes, you could theoretically roll hot with charge attacks, and get a second "free move". This is intentional. Between the "interrupt" mechanics, and limited activations, this system is trying to make the game more dynamic yet tactical as a whole, bluffing your foe by retaining CP, etc.
>>
>>54091855
At this point you could just fire up Tomorrow's War, m8.
>>
File: IMG_3235.jpg (268KB, 1320x990px)
IMG_3235.jpg
268KB, 1320x990px
Models washed and assembled!

>>54091170
How do you mean by 'soft'? Some of them are quite flexible. I guess that's the difficulty with resin over metal, is that resin's more likely to bend and snap, as opposed to just bending out of shape.

Yeah, Alkemy has Jade Triad who are pretty cool
>>
>>54092615
>How do you mean by 'soft'?
Just stuff like the Oracle's sword - looks like it does not have a shard edge.

They look excellent put together though.
Cool that they give you bases with them too.
>>
>>54089690
I've played it once, and it was extremely good.

Possibly my only caveat would be use one of the fanmade houserule sets like Project Continuum, they bring together all the playtest rules GZG never finalised, add a shitload more stuff and do things like try to unfuck the incredibly dodgy salvo missile (mostly by increasing the number of guns that can shoot it down).

If you play FT and you use a fleet with salvo missiles, make sure your opponent has bothered to take point defence or Advanced Screens because otherwise if you're remotely good at guessing ranges with a 12" margin of error you'll erase all their battleships from 24" away.

To explain:

In Full Thrust if you fire missiles you do it in the movement phase. You pick a point within range (24" normally, 36" if you pay an extra hardpoint per ammo) and if, after all moves are done, there's an enemy within 6" it gets hit.

It gets hit d6 times per missile token in range, with each hit doing d6 damage. It gets to shoot point defence which in Project Continuum removes one missile from one salvo per 4+, or two on a 6 with the dice exploding. Unfortunately the defender assigns point defence before rolling, so if I shoot 2 missile salvos at a ship with 2 PD my opponent has to decide how to split it - 1 on each or 2 on 1.

As each salvo if unblocked can do 1-36 damage ignoring basic shields, and most things smaller than a battleship probably don't have 36 health, you can see that these weapons can be horrendous.

It's a characterful rule, and I like the way it works in theory, but my god it can fucking annihilate things if left unchecked and if your opponent didn't buy any defences.
>>
>>54089459
>What I wasn't expecting was that the starter comes with sculpted bases
It didn't when Kraken still made and sold them.
The bases are a recent thing and the starters all still use old boxart and promomaterial. Except that one new faction of course.
>>
>>54093955
Two new factions- Naashti (snakemen) & Utopia (pirates).
Were the subfactions really a thing in Kraken's time do you know?
>>
>>54089492
It's the opposite actually. The core rules are complicated, but after that it is easy because everything is standardized.
>>
>>54094239
Nope.
It was just Khaliman, Jade Triad, Templars and Aurlock Nation.
Stuff like the Khaliman alchemist was a tournament miniatures and there are - I think - two miniatures that haven't resurfaced since the fans took over.
One was a monkey like fantasy creature that was part of a scenario that was also given away at tournaments and the other one was a Knight Errant for the Templars.

Subfactions were not a thing. The new guys in charge have added a bunch of minis to the original Kraken range too, so that may be why they introduced subfactions.

I always liked the game, but never had anybody to play with. So when Kraken went under I panic bought all available minis for Khaliman and Templars and what I could get for the Aurlock nation.
Have never played a game though. There was no mention of subfactions in the original rulebook though.

The pdf version is bigger than 8mb otherwise I'd post it.
>>
The current state of Dust minis - are the mechs available at a decent price? Got a pretty well paying job and I'm thinking I might drop a few hundred on WWWII minis
>>
>>54094425
Yeah, I've got the original rulebook pdf, the new guys still have it up for free on their website. Seems like the best place to get the fluff still. Which is nice, as the fluff seems pretty interesting.

Neat, same factions as me- the Mominiaturas stuff I'm going to be proxying as templars. I like the official models, but with no retailers and quite expensive P&P across the Channel, it was definitely a cheaper way to go.

There's a new hero Knights Errant they've released relatively recently (November last year), might be what you were thinking of? The guy who got two Beathacrann grafts?
>>
>>54095315
I hear you about the prices. When I bought it, most of the stuff was on clearance, because it looked like the game would just die with the company.

>There's a new hero Knights Errant they've released relatively recently (November last year), might be what you were thinking of? The guy who got two Beathacrann grafts?
Yeah I think that is him.
It's been a while since I've seen the mini but that sounds like him. Suupermutated and extra holy.
>>
File: jingles.jpg (16KB, 262x400px)
jingles.jpg
16KB, 262x400px
Stop clowning around and bump the thread bump
>>
File: EHcover_news.jpg (397KB, 500x660px)
EHcover_news.jpg
397KB, 500x660px
>>54072146
What's /awg/ opinions on Brink of battle system and his fanstasy expention? I looking for a cool low fantasy skirmish game to use with perry miniatures. 4 to 12 miniature per side. I tried with Song of blade and heroes wich is fun but tend to feel tacticaly limited.
>>
Does anybody play Rogue Stars?
I got the impression it was really hyped up before it came out, but then kind of vanished into obscurity.
>>
>>54098966

There's a facebook group made by it's author, there's a supplement coming out. I guess that the problem is largely that it's of the interest of older gamers who don't have as much time on their hands as they'd like. I'd like to get a few games in, but finding time to paint up a force is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>54098153
Haven't heard of it so far.
>>
The guy making these (not related to that "Heroquest 25th" pile of lies) decided to end sales, after some random idiot started posting them all over Facebook trade groups with mock box artwork, and GW and MB logos. How fucking daft.
>>
>>54098153
it's too crunchy for my tastes, but competently designed.
>>
>>54100447
Man, that is a huge bummer.
>>
>>54100447
>when you brainwashed your fans so much they'll protect your long dead IP for you
>>
File: 20170701_131928.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20170701_131928.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Well, I am liking these Brigade spacebotes a lot, they're very cool.

And blue and orange is a patrician colour scheme.
>>
>>54100447
What a faggot, I wouldn't have minded buying the barbarian.
>>
>>54072654
Building Bolt Action USMC

Playing Frostgrave and Dragon Rampant
>>
>>54089492
That's kinda hard to answer. I do find the starter box games are really fun, but limited, and once you've played them a few times you start to figure out the best strategies. While discovering things though, they're great.

The "full" game of Infinity is a bit bewildering with so many rules and options, but I don't find myself getting flat out annoyed with it and usually it feels fair. Also, across the factions, you generally have access to most of the mechanics and gimmicks, so if you want to try something new you usually don't need to do up a whole new faction which I like.
>>
>>54098966
I have played two games and had a lot of fun with it with 5 models a piece Space cops Vs Bandits/ pirates. The system is interesting and a take on song of swords but sci fi.
>>
>>54072654
Currently playing
Kings Of War- 5 armies; Basilia, Dwarves, Twilight Kin, Orcs and Night stalkers.
Bolt Action- Soviets, French
En Guarde!
The Men Who Would Be Kings
>>
>>54093141
Wow spaming misiles seems deadly then, why bother with other weapons?
>>54101495
Cute boat mate.
>>
>>54072146

Never actually expected my pic to be used in the OP. Cool.

>>54072654

More stuff for This is Not a Test. Picked up some of the Dreamforge Games mechanical mules to use as objectives. The legs are a pain to put together, especially if you want them to look like they are walking.

Stowage is a mix of what you get with them and some left over Bolt Action stuff and a few AKs from the Zombie Survivor sprue. Technically you need four for the caravan mission so the fourth one will probabley be some kind of handler/operator since you get a little control computer on the sprue.

Also a friend of mine came up with a name for them: C.A.T.T.L.E. Which stands for Central American Trade and Transport Land Engine.
>>
>>54103876
>Wow spaming misiles seems deadly then, why bother with other weapons?

They're good, doubly good if your opponent doesn't have a counter, but have very limited ammo and cost a shitton of points.

Plus there are, as of the fanmade collated rulebooks, a LOT of counters.

And a cunning opponent can just facetank your missiles on cheap screening ships, as they hit the closest target to the target point.
>>
>>54104565
[I'm my own master now intensifies]
>>
>>54105926
Oh I see. How are the figthers? In my experience in games, they tend to be nearly useless or too op.
>>
>>54102383
Have any painted marines yet? I'd love to see them.
>>
File: 20170701_132049.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20170701_132049.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>54107507
I've not used fighters yet. They're expensive (minimum 9 hardpoints and 45pts a wing) and unless you spend even more on better payloads than guns they're no more powerful than equivalent points in actual gun turrets, albeit more mobile and able to work as PDS.

Plus launching/recovering isn't as easy as in some games, I think your carrier has to disable engines on a turn it does it (unless you pay even more points).
>>
File: Artakl.jpg (63KB, 960x960px)
Artakl.jpg
63KB, 960x960px
Don't know if these had been posted, but Mantic Games released pictures of their character models for their Summer Campaign.

Here's Artakl.
>>
File: Eckter.jpg (52KB, 960x960px)
Eckter.jpg
52KB, 960x960px
>>54110722
Eckter the fish man
>>
File: Jarvis.jpg (62KB, 960x960px)
Jarvis.jpg
62KB, 960x960px
>>54110754
Jarvis the nice Necromancer.
>>
File: Magnilde.jpg (54KB, 960x960px)
Magnilde.jpg
54KB, 960x960px
>>54110779
Magnilde the demon hunter.
>>
File: Mauti-Bu-Su.jpg (61KB, 960x960px)
Mauti-Bu-Su.jpg
61KB, 960x960px
>>54110799
And finally Mau’Ti-Bu-Su the demon.
>>
>>54110722
>>54110779
These are pretty good. Especially the Lizardman. The troops really don't look bad either, when painted properly. The store picture just kind of make them look a bit soft.
Had a picture of them somewhere with a better paintjob...

>>54110754
When I saw this guy on facebook I thought from the thumbnail that his shoulderpad was his face. Would have been cooler if it was more of a morlock thing I think.

>>54110799
I only just realized after reading the name you posted that this is supposed to be a female.

>>54110817
And her name sounds like a joke, but I don't think I get it.
Mitsubishi?
>>
>>54110779
He's going to get torn apart in my games. SAY HELLO TO MY ARMY OF NIGHT STALKERS!
>>
Hey, if anybody here is interested in getting the limited edition bounty hunter mini from Gates of Antares that came out with the dice game, warlord is selling him in celebration of their Antares tournament.
This weekend only, so only today left.
>>
There was a point at which things needed to stop.
We've come past that point.
>>
>>54112188
Wtf is that thing? How can it even walk?
>>
>>54112323
>How can it even walk?
It must have extremely strong glutes.

But yeah, cutting somebody's feet off and then attaching flails to both his arms AND putting out his eyes should make it extremely hard to walk or do anything really.

I was surprised they made that for LotR too.
Kind of looks more like a Warmahordes thing I think.
>>
>>54112369
Or a Fantasy orc thing.
>>
>>54112416
Maybe an AoS Orruk thing.
>>
>>54110722
If only their pricing was closer to their older pricing than GW's current pricing...
>>
>>54112188
God that thing looks ugly.

And not even in a cool metal way, it just looks bad
>>
>>54072146
Want to put together an army for Kings of War, it's actually active in my area.

Having a hard time picking an army. I'm really digging the Elves though since I like ornate armor.
>>
>>54115034
Don't underestimate the fun combinations you can make with a Dwarven army. Also Berserker Brock Riders are great if you need speed in your army and don't want to cast a surge spell to do it.

Around elves watch yourselves; join a Dwarven elf haters club today.
>>
>>54110754
This one is pretty cool, I want the next lizzies to look more like this than beefy salamanders desu. The tail is cute too.
>>
I kind of thought Ghost Archipelago had a sooner release than September.
>>
>>54116725
nah mate, theres some cool stuff with it though.
>>
>>54072654
building Easterlings, stripping a lot of random ebay LOTR, playing gladhirim
>>
File: Ubermensch.jpg (188KB, 728x816px) Image search: [Google]
Ubermensch.jpg
188KB, 728x816px
>>54115464
>I want the next lizzies to look more like this than beefy salamanders desu

What are you, gay?
>>
File: 1498754424024.gif (97KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
1498754424024.gif
97KB, 498x594px
I want to play wargames but i can't find anyone free
All the independant gaming clubs in my area fell apart.
All my friends stopped playing or just want to play card games
i can't even get a game of 40K what's going on?
>>
>>54112188

There was a reason they cut that scene from 300 this is it
>>
>>54119085
where do you live?
>>
>>54089450
Since both games use base as measuring point, I've been using UCM ships vs my Z4 not-homeworld fleet without any issues, mixing with my spartan models as well.
>>
Does anyone have the rules for Gates of Antares? There's like, zero scans that I can find.

Also, anyone played the Last Saga?
>>
>>54100447
> GW Bootlicker ruins cool thing for everyone.

Sadly this is not surprising.
>>
>>54119411
greater manchester of england
>>
File: IMG_3236.jpg (360KB, 1500x1013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3236.jpg
360KB, 1500x1013px
Mominiaturas stuff!
A lot more cleanup needed than on the Alkemy stuff, definitely a step down. Flash, pur stubs, mold lines etc. That being said, the actual detailing is very good and they hold up well after the clean up.
Turns out, when you buy two similar products, and one is less than half the cost on average than the other, the more expensive one is higher quality.
>>
File: IMG_3237.jpg (276KB, 1320x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3237.jpg
276KB, 1320x990px
>>54122620
Still happy with them though, and I don't regret my decision to save money by getting them over the official Alkemy models.
>>
>>54094586
Lads?
>>
>>54123489
Haven't seen any new for two years, haven't really looked eother tho
>>
>>54121788
Fuck off faggot. I can find games in outback qld, you can find games in a city of 2.8 million
>>
>>54121788
I'm sure you have a good big store somewhere near you.

I'm sure it's Manchester...

I do know there're loads of Malifaux tournaments up your end of the country, and a total fucking drought south of the M25, which is a pain in the dick.

>>54122620
>A lot more cleanup needed than on the Alkemy stuff, definitely a step down.
You can say that again.
They look decent though.
>>
>>54121788
You are not trying very hard. Look at Meetup, Facebook, walk into stores and ask when players meet. You will find people or you will make a new group, but in a city that big there is no way to not find players. >>54123745
is 100% correct. I live in a Canadian wasteland and have managed to find or make groups for even obscure /awg/
>>
>>54121788

Mate you made it sound like you live on the fucking moon, get on google and facebook and stop being such a waster.
>>
>>54123745
Unfair OC advantage.
We've all heard your podcasts, with your beer and ballfondling and banter.
Dour English misery stands no chance against such foes.
>>
>>54119613
I've shared a collection of the Antares rules before, although it seems that nobody maintains the OP pastebin because it was never added (plus there are a few dead links in there). Anyway, here you go: https://mega.nz/#F!lbo2VRgZ!3bFhyvBC1g_Aq5a9MkhzGA

I'm going to get a copy of the Chryseis Shard and the updated army lists in the next day or so while that half price digital voucher still lasts, so stay tuned.
>>
>>54124329

>Gates of Antares

Is it good?

I sort of feel a bit duty-bound to like it because it's a Priestley joint, but the look is a narrow miss, and I know nothing about the rules except "sort of Bolt Action-y".
>>
>>54124863
I think it's pretty good. Resolution for most actions is simple but has enough ways to influence/react to the result to keep things interesting. "sort of Bolt Action-y" is true, but you'll find there's more than enough differences that you won't feel like your Algoryn are just proxies playing with German rules.

I've also warmed up to the fluff quite a lot, I enjoy the universe Priestly has written here, and I'm hoping the game sticks around long enough that it can develop some more.
>>
>>54125067
>and I'm hoping the game sticks around long enough that it can develop some more.
I'm pretty optimistic about that.
The Algoryn just got their second wave of plastics. I don't think the game would have come this far if it didn't do well enough to justify the investment.
They are planning on doing a new alien race too.

It definitely has an older target demographic than most other fantasy or sci-fi games though. Which I think is a good thing.
>>
traveller bmp
>>
File: Jez-Isorians5-600x450.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jez-Isorians5-600x450.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
Did you guys ever try to make your bases look really alien?
>>
>>54129488
Are they the old-school Grenadier minis?
>>
Can you even get the Battle of Five Armies stuff anymore?
I recently started looking into getting a somewhat more down to earth giant for Frostgrave and thought this guy might looks nice next to 28mm stuff.

Seems to be a rare collectors piece on ebay costing an arm an a leg overseas, though.
>>
>>54130502
Check Copplestone Castings, mate, they have some really nice LotR-esque minis in 15mm.
>>
File: 1402630184659.jpg (160KB, 1200x648px) Image search: [Google]
1402630184659.jpg
160KB, 1200x648px
>>54115034
You guys think the KoW elves might take well to painted armor Landsknect-style? They've got a lot of detail in both stripes and edges.
>>
>>54130896
Thanks. I think the 15mm giants were the ones used in the Rulebook.
I'm not sure 100% I like the sculpts though.
Another good fit may be the Demon World Stone Giant. That model is supposed to be around 50mm even.

And I also managed to find the old Grenadier Half Giant, going by the name of Duncan the Legend. I didn't know Mirliton does the old Grenadier models, they have tons of great stuff.
>>
>>54132779
Where's he chick from?
>>
>>54132929
http://blog.stronghold-terrain.de/tag/half-giant/
ax faction
>>
emergency bump
>>
>>54124329
God bless you, Anon.
>>
>>54133213
Cheers.
>>
File: MJB4.png (408KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MJB4.png
408KB, 1024x1024px
Some new Brood stuff previewed for Dark Age.
>>
File: Murtros.png (566KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Murtros.png
566KB, 1024x1024px
>>54137218
>>
File: gift_of_evolution.jpg (720KB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
gift_of_evolution.jpg
720KB, 1050x750px
>>54137250
They are also changing it so you don't have to be forced to take a named character if you want to take a subfaction Brood. Now you just declare one of 4 at the beginning of the game.
>>
File: 20170703_213014.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_213014.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Well, my Shapeways order arrived.

Presenting the Eruhainel Caslok Dreadnought, personal ride of the endboss of the campaign I'm planning.

Weighing in at 210 Mass and a frankly cheap as chips 822 points (adjusted using CV) it's got a healthy 63 hull boxes over three rows, level 2 advanced screens to fuck over inferior species' torpedo spam (advanced screens flat reduce torpedo damage by 2 per torpedo), an advanced drive to allow it to drift like it's in Initial D, the beautiful all-female Lorelai Squadron of fighter/bomber pilots to defend it or attack enemy ships, and enough guns to give it 12 dice of phasers and 15 dice of beams at 12", split between up to 10 targets.
>>
>>54138945
Note: I am firmly of the belief campaign games should be more about telling a good story than being balanced. The campaign will have last stands, Kobayashi Maru/El Facil tier hopeless situations, daring raids on the enemy flagship to try and damage it before the final battle, and when I place my other Shapeways order a dreadnought duel in some suitably dramatic situation (near a black hole maybe?)

Most of the scenarios are asymmetrical, but have scoring based on playing the mission rather than just annihilation. For example, the first one I wrote has one side trying to defend a space colony with a woefully undergunned fleet, while the attackers have to divide their attentions between intercepting evacuation ships and damaging the colony faster than its damage control teams can keep it intact.

If the attackers just focus on killing evacuees, they might still lose because the colony will be intact. If they focus too much on the colony, the defenders can just evacuate its population as their fleet is not being harassed.
>>
>>54138991
I've always wanted to do something like this. You're required to post battle reports.
>>
>>54131942
It could work anon.
Flamboyant elfs?Fuck yeah.
>>
File: Full Thrust Scenarios.pdf (41KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Full Thrust Scenarios.pdf
41KB, 1x1px
>>54139654
Once my opponent for it is off ridiculous shifts and has time to game, I'll be sure to post some.

In the meantime I've done a couple of "introductory" scenarios, the colony defence and a "your superiors tried to set an ambush but someone fucked up some critical detail and now you have three ships against the entire enemy force, survive until reinforcements arrive" one
>>
>>54139728
White Knight Miniatures (or whatever was their name) did sea elves with slashed coats. They look really nice.
>>
File: trav0.png (1MB, 1164x1068px) Image search: [Google]
trav0.png
1MB, 1164x1068px
>>54130416
As I recall, the men are really old WW2 15mm infantry, and the robots are from a webstore currently in business.
>>
File: trav.png (1MB, 1151x1051px) Image search: [Google]
trav.png
1MB, 1151x1051px
>>
Think I need to get back into the hobby. Tab at the pub is getting absurd.
>>
I'm really getting an itch for a space combat. What are the best games? And the best miniature makers for it?
>>
File: IMG_1253.jpg (509KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1253.jpg
509KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: 20170701_132127.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_132127.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>54140527
Of games I know of:

Fighter Scale:

X Wing is THE starfighter game of the moment if you like Star Wars

White Dragon's Shattered Void is in kickstarter delay hell at the moment but looks very good

Ganesha have a system they kickstartered recently, they make solid games.

Robotech miniatures is pisspoor, use the models for something else.

Big Ship Scale:

Dropfleet Commander has massive and pretty chunky resin and plastic models but is a game more focused on space D Day than anything else. You land troops to win, and take a lot of dropships.

BFG is a bit dead but is fun, if wonkily balanced. Play Imperial vs Chaos for a good time, kick Eldar and Necron players in the groin.

Firestorm Armada works, it does the job but suffers from being a second string Spartan game. Expect slightly wonky exploding dice and dubious release schedules.

Halo Fleet Battles is Firestorm with tweaks and Master Chief as I gather.

Full Thrust is old and seems to suffer from some weapons being really good unless your opponent picked a thing that protects against them, but does a lot of things right. Either use premade fleet books or read the fucking manual, especially the bit about not being a dick and cherrypicking stuff to make a flawless ship. It is from an era of "don't be a dick" being so prevalent designers could have "design your own unit" without qualms. I recommend getting the fanmade Project Continuum book ( emeraldcoastskunkworks.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/full-thrust-project-continuum/ ) because it collates all the rules and fixes up the balance a bit.

Warcosm is a very light hex and chit game with.a cursory "use models if you want idk" paragraph. It is probably fun but you may find it lacks options. It's all of 8 bucks though.
>>
>>54140527
If you want some quality space autism there's always Ad Astra Games. Attack Vector is the most fun math test I've ever taken.
>>
File: 20170703_213034.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_213034.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>54141051

Model Ranges:

Firestorm Armada: Huge, resin and possibly metal, generally very nice and easy to build. RSN and Sorylians are god tier.

Ground Zero (Full Thrust): High quality metals, quite small (2-10cm ships). Quite retro (old Trek/B5/BSG style) "shape with greebles" designs, but cheap and paint up nicely. Shitloads of fleets. Scandinavia, Europe and NSL are the best looking.

Brigade Models: The same sort of scale as Ground Zero. Ostensibly based on Hammers Slammers but I don't know. Quality is variable but newer ranges (Neo Soviet and Indonesia) are fucking great. Multipart models may prove miserable to assemble. They also do a very ropey steampunk range.

Ravenstar: Their stuff looks ace but my parcel hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if it is as good in person. Mauridians are some of the best starship models I've seen if you like anime.

Dropfleet: fuckhuge multipart plastics/resin kits. Look ace but are way bigger than most ranges and battleships are massive lumps of resin.

Shapeways: Star-ranger (a quality site for space gaming) has a list of stores doing 3d printed starships. You will pay through the nose but the quality can be high. See pic. Great for copyright infringement if you want a "space cruiser argo" or "battleship galacticus" to fight your "cyber warstar" or "enterprising science ship" (http://star-ranger.com/Minis.htm)

Zandris IV: they do Homeworld models. They look great.
>>
File: Hero08.jpg (190KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hero08.jpg
190KB, 1280x600px
>>54141275
Also Battlegroup Helios does some nice not!BFG but they seem to be in some weird transition period right now.
>>
File: weapon chart.png (22KB, 1152x676px) Image search: [Google]
weapon chart.png
22KB, 1152x676px
Hey guys, working on a little mini neutral homebrew, and currently its all about weapons. Trying to make it possible to make just about any weapon one might can think of. If you guys could help me ID any potential issues or shortcomings I'd be super appreciative.

Notes
>Game is played like ogre battle, so imagine ranges as 1" square spaces
>The frames mentioned are additional add ons you put on a character to unlock certain builds
>Attacks in this game are simply your melee ability, represented by a d#, against an opponents armor roll, which is also a d#. Equipment/skills modify these rolls
>Overwhelming strike will be something along the lines of "if you manage to not get damaged by this, you still get pushed back/knocked away"

hope the image works, doing all this from an awful tablet
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54141910

That didn't work, let's try this...
>>
>>54140527
Firestorm Armada is my pick of choice. I find it's an elegantly simplified version of Dystopian Wars. There's with a shit load of different factions to choose from, with quality models for very nearly all of them at this point.
But if you're looking for something simulationist
it won't scratch that itch.
>>
So let me get this straight with the new Heavy Gear kickstarter.

New Models for
>Nucoal
>Utopia
>Black Talon
>Caprice
Possibly CEF?

Along with new rules? Somebody mind giving me the rundown?
>>
>>54112369
>I was surprised they made that for LotR too.
they made it because it was in the goddamn movie you stupid wop dago
>>
>>54140527
I really enjoy Star Wars Armada. Even if you're not super into Star Wars (like myself), the game plays quite nicely and I really like the different dice corresponding to different weapons and range bands. It's not perfect but it's a good time with the lads.
>>
>>54138945
That's a hot-looking spaceboat.
>>
>>54144802
Nucoal, Utopia and Peace River

They already did CEF and Caprice in the first KS
>>
>>54144802
Plastic core models cor PRDF, NuCoal and Utopia(barring any stretch goals).

CEF and Caprice got their plastics in the last one, rules are up online as the living rulebook.
>>
>>54145897
>>54145973

Fucking A sweet.

This fucking rules I love the aesthetic of Nucoal and peace river. Winner winner chicken dinner.
>>
>>54146219
Yeah, PRDF is my favorite faction so I'm fairly stoked.

Here's hoping for a wild dream of a plastic Red Bull Mk2.
>>
Hey Alkemy anon, I have a Fu Nihao & Shadows box untouched, and probably some archers too somewhere if I can find them. I'm the anon who was looking to trade some MoM spearmen, if you'd need these, just tell me. Couldn't find a decent picture of them.
>>
>>54141051
>>54141275
Wow, quality posts anon, Full thrust seems cool, now I will have to convince some normie to play with me. I think I will get into x-wing as well to hook them first tough...
>>54142349
Looking at some pictures only, they are hugh. Like they make Sw Armada ships look like runts, only the biggest imperial star destroyers holding the candle.The quality is nice tough, the terrans and Hawkens have picked my interest.
>>54145255
I think I will have to use it to introduce any normie into space fleet games anyway, anyone know star wars. And it will be the perfect excuse to get me some sweet, sweet imperial star destroyers. I ever wanted a little fleet of Carrack, Dreadnaugths and Lancers anyway.
>>
>>54147130
Statting Armada ships in Full Thrust is possible, and means you can get double duty from the models. It's scale independent, so as long as stuff looks good to you you can use it.

I'm sure someone has already done it.
>>
>>54141221
I looked and I can't seem to find the manual online. Anyway, I will get lucky if I find an X-wing group or dude than wants to play without having to convince it first. If it's kinda of elaborated,it would scare the prey for sure.
>>
File: demonworld rock giant.jpg (78KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
demonworld rock giant.jpg
78KB, 600x513px
gigantic stone bump
>>
File: BloodRage2.jpg (159KB, 1600x851px)
BloodRage2.jpg
159KB, 1600x851px
>tfw only way of getting these magnificent bastards is through buying the full Blood Rage boardgame
>>
>>54149667
Nah.
You can get the miniatures on ebay.
I bought a some of the minis from the Conan boardgame that way too.
I've seen these trolls on ebay before.

The Kickstarter exclusive stuff is usually more expensive, but it's still cheaper than buying the whole game if you just want two or tree pieces from it.
>>
>>54149693
>tfw I want all the minis but don't are for the boardgame which makes up the bulk of it

When will boardgame manufacturers learn people might want the minis only?
>>
File: 22402359087_fd757d64f9_o.jpg (140KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
22402359087_fd757d64f9_o.jpg
140KB, 800x511px
>>54149693

Actually just had a look on US ebay, can get the left one for $8, so about £6.

Only one available in the UK is £20, and the US ones posted here all have £15 postage minimum, plus the figure. Bugger.
>>
>>54149702
I feel your paint.
I was salivating when I saw the Blood Rage and Conan greens, sadly some of the minis didn't translate well into the PVC plastic.

>>54149726
I'm a Kraut, see if that helps.
>>
>>54149734

Unfortunately not, the only one coming up on ebay.de is the £20 one in the UK for €22
>>
>>54142349
See, I like F:A, but I am dreading the 3rd edition, since it IS being designed by the person behind current Dystopian Wars and the trainwreck that Planetfall was.
>>
>>54146983
Nah, it's good man. I'm gonna focus on building up my Khaliman stuff for now.
Ended up going with some Black Tree Designs spearmen instead of the MoM spearmen too, as they were on sale and I got exactly the number I needed.
>>
>>54149809
I've got all the 2.0 pdfs, so if 3.0 is a shit show I can just carry on playing 2.0 as if nothing happened. I remain cautiously optimistic though.

I've only played one game of Planetfall, but I found it to be a typical Spartan case of the rulebook being a mess, but the actual rules themselves being OK.
>>
Anyone has tried Firestorm armada Taskforce? Because the Dindrenzi/Terran boxset seems juiciy.
>>
>>54149811
Okay, but in case you need them, just leave a message here, I have this thread permanently open.

I won't do anything with them desu.
>>
>>54150405
Taskforce is, I think, super dead.

Like I'm pretty sure it got no support whatsoever.
>>
>>54150594
Darn, my fucking luck. Wasn't it launched relatively recently (less than a year I would have bet desu)?
>>
>>54150405
Played it a couple of times, I'm not a fan. I'd definitely stick with the full game.
But the models are lovely and are good additions to Armada fleets anyways. You can always use the starter to teach Armada too.

Does anyone have the DW Fleet Action pdf? Is that any better?

>>54150561
Cheers man, I'll give a yell if I do change my mind.
>>
>>54147130
Be wary that while the Armada core box contains a lot of stuff, the introductory games are good for teaching the rules but are not a very good representation of how good the game is. The player who chooses Imperials only gets the slowest, clunkiest ship, and it's not a whole shitload of fun to struggle to move it around while the Rebel ships are zooming by blasting you.

Once you add a few more ships (Gladiator, Assault Frigate, and squadron packs) though, the game is a very good experience. I highly recommend buying into Armada used as it's expensive to get a good collection for two players initially and I see real nice lots on Bartertown all the time.
>>
>>54151053
I'm from Spain mate, people there thinks second hand means selling it at the same price or x3 times if it's "pro painted". I was looking for Firestorm armada in Amazon and the Aquan Prime Patrol Fleet is 220 euros, probably waiting for some stupid one to take the bait. Ebay is even more ghastly, with shitty LoTR minis unthined going for absurd prices.
>>
File: es.jpg (299KB, 1600x1190px) Image search: [Google]
es.jpg
299KB, 1600x1190px
>>54151268

Ebay is pretty bad in the UK too now, it's majority single figures at prices like £3/4+p&p, getting constantly relisted and with barely any bought. There's still bargains to be had if you're patient though. I always go for old WHFB plastics, can get 6-10 miniatures for the starting bid of 99p quite often. Monopose 90s plastic is my fetish.
>>
File: 1424363902360.jpg (63KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1424363902360.jpg
63KB, 500x385px
>>54151268
>>54151539

Sweet Jesus

I basically only buy things used, and I generally end up paying maybe 1/2 price shipped. I this wasn't the case I probably wouldn't play many games.
>>
>>54150619
Year and a half.
>>
>>54151268
>>54151539
>Ebay is pretty bad in the UK too now, it's majority single figures at prices like £3/4+p&p, getting constantly relisted and with barely any bought.
>people (in Spain) thinks second hand means selling it at the same price or x3 times if it's "pro painted"

I've just got back on eBay after about 8 years of not buying things online.
God damn has it changed - people don't seem to sell stuff anymore, it's just BiN shops selling at barely lower than retail. When you do see a human sellingthings, it's for at least half of RRP, if not more, and usually comes free with three thick coats.
Or the noted "pro-painted" of a reasonable painjob and a well-lit shot.
>>
>>54151856
And it died already? Wew.
>>
>>54149758
huh, i spy lord of the rings scenery in the background there.
>>
Recently discovered Kensei and is wondering if anyone else is playing it
>>
>>54086096
It's at matt carons proxy, along with all the other old rules
https://www.mattcaron.net/opr_mirror/warstuff.html
>>
Thoughts on wrath of kings? I really like the models (except the underwater looking faction that seems out of place)
>>
>>54089492
It's not as streamlined as say, frostgrave or mordheim but once past the learning curve of using the army app it's fairly straightforward. The game is in it's third major edition and intended for competitive play, so there are some nuanced reasons for rules or equipment that might seem trivially different to an existing rule or equipment at first.

Anyway, if a local isn't available for an intro game watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMqM3P0Md3Q then look through the ruleset yourself starting here: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Icestorm_Expanded

No need to buy models, care about anon fanboys opinions, or even purchase(or pirate) anything.
>>
>>54154538
> Mordheim
> Streamlined

u wot.
>>
>>54152381

Yeah, a part of that is because ebay completely screws sellers now, so if you aren't selling in bulk you have a good chance of getting screwed by a scam buyer. All they have to do is complain that the wrong thing came to get a full refund and you don't have any recourse to prove it(tracking number just says something arrived, not what, and photos can be faked).

So instead reputation based trading sites like bartertown are used(lower rep has to send/pay first), or non anonymous boards like FB groups. Personally I avoid all of that and just sell locally.(but then again I'm stuck with thousands of dollars worth of WHFB stuff, but it's not like I'd get much online for them)
>>
What is your guys' thoughts on that legend of the fabled realms game by 4ground? Looking at it any a couple other games but wanted your guys' opinions.
>>
>>54154846
The minis look nice, and in case I'll have the money, I'll pick up a starter to see how it is.
>>
hi /awg/, anything in the market based in lets say Mad Max or a wrecking fest I feel I want to see crazy cars filled with weapons and lots of stupid details and speed.
>>
>>54154575

My bad, I had played loads of 6th and 7th O&G as well as bloodbowl prior to being introduced to it so it seemed streamlined in comparison, and I hadn't played it in nearly a decade. So my bad. Should have said Warstuff or similar other mordheim lite.
>>
>>54150619
Yes. They had zero support from the start, it was a fucking sad joke to begin with.
>>
>>54154892
Gaslands and Devil's Run are what you want>>54154958
>>
>>54154575

To be fair, Mordheim is a plain IGOUGO in-game, and advancements are fortunately different for Heroes and Soldiers, unlike Necromunda where it's detailed for everyone so a gang becomes more of a book-keeping exercise after six or so games.
>>
File: rm_wastelandwasters.jpg (232KB, 730x420px) Image search: [Google]
rm_wastelandwasters.jpg
232KB, 730x420px
>>54154892

Ramshackle Games is decent, just a guy called Curtis who's very pleasant to deal with. As well as full kits you can buy all the parts separate too.
>>
>>54155378
>>54155542
looks like there's a wargame for each type of genre so far. isn't like I'm complaining the more the merrier.
>>
>>54155542
Also Curtis is quite laissez-faire when he ships and often throws in free stuff.
>>
File: IMG_5099.jpg (119KB, 581x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5099.jpg
119KB, 581x640px
>>54155612

He does free miniatures for the Oldhammer day too. Wish I'd done last year and got this one.
>>
>>54155542
Seconding Curtis being a nice dude.

>>54155612
>Also Curtis is quite laissez-faire when he ships
>and often throws in free stuff.
These two clauses have opposite implications.

I'm waiting on an order now - expected some time in the next 7 days.
I am pretty excite.
>>
>>54155724
What I mean is he'll pack your order and then maybe chuck in some extras I guess because he feels like it.
>>
>>54154676
That's not entirely true. I work there and there's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than you may know. Sellers juat need to make sure they keep good notes and messages from buyers to keep themselves from getting scammed.
>>
>>54153210
I gave the rules a read some time back. Seemed a little fiddly and needlessly complex. Could have worded thinga better. Of course I can chalk some of it up to translation issues.

>>54153651
The rules are pretty sleek. I like the way it handles army building, and stuff like the different deployment zones and the motivations are really smart and well done.

My biggest gripe is how symbol heavy it can be.
>>
>>54156114

Yeah I'm seeing mention of the symbol bloat here and there. I really like goritsi and nisier looks though.

Jumping off that, I'm sure a lot of you guys are sitting on a bunch of alt games that you like to play.

>how do you store them?
>how do you typically get people into them?
>do you expect someone to buy into or do you just buy a shite ton of, say, two factions, and give someone else options for building a list?
>>
>>54141757
I'm not a big fan of 40k space ships, but those are baroque enough to be pleasant instead of irking.
>>
Been thinking of starting Rogue Stars, but since North Star hasn't that many miniatures out, I was wondering: Where can I find models for Space Pirates or Space Bounty Hunters?
>>
>>54156221
Deapite the symbol bloat the game is good, it's just remembering how certain symbols interact with attacks.

As far as the other half of your post.

>how do you store them?
In foam, or just scattered on my desk.

>how do you typically get people into them?
I usually get enough to demo, and then hope they'll actually be willing to try(because even getting people to TRY a game that isn't one of the big 4 is like pulling teeth from a particularly angry velociraptor).

>do you expect someone to buy into or do you just buy a shite ton of, say, two factions, and give someone else options for building a list?
All depends. Sometines I can find other people willing to go in with me on a game, other times I buy enough to have quick games(and some games there are multiple armies I want to play antway so it gives me an excuse to buy the modela I want).
>>
>>54158046
Reaper?

Also try bombshell miniatures. Their Counterblast game has some fun retro models.
>>
>>54158046
The people who play it at my club use Deadzone, warpath or infinity miniatures.
>>
>>54158046
>>54158080
>>54159811
Pulp City and Hasslefree are also good place to check.
>>
>>54158046

Artizan Designs' Thrilling Tales and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang ranges perhaps?

James bond/pulp action but nothing a couple of simple weapon conversions wouldn't fix to make a bit more scifi (or give them a reason to be using 1950s guns).
>>
>>54153292
ta.
>>
>>54158080
>>54159811
>>54161762
>>54161930

Thank you dear anons, I will check these out.
>>
>>54121788

element games - stockport
>>
>>54137250
>>54137218

Fuck all interest in Dark Age but I do want these chaps.
>>
File: wtfman2.jpg (79KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wtfman2.jpg
79KB, 768x1024px
So, two weeks ago I ordered a T7 transporter drone for Gates of Antares from an online store.
When it arrived it turned out that the plasma gun from the turret was missing. There are two sprues in the box. So I wrote Warlord Games and they promptly offered to replace the sprue with the missing part.

I just opened the package they sent. It's the wrong sprue.

They were super nice and quick about it, though.
>>
>>54164521
Friend of mine had a similar story.

Back in the days when Maelstrom was around, he ordered some 1:72 Soviets from PSC. He got Brits. He complained, they said they'll replace them, so he accepted it, and they sent him another box of brits. Then when he said again that they need to pay more attention, they finally sent him his Soviets.
>>
>>54165042
I just wrote another message to them, maybe they'll send me the right one.
I just feel awkward about asking for the other sprue now without sending the first one back, cause then they'd have essentially given me one for free. Minus the missing plasma gun of course.
But as it is right now I have two of these things I can't build properly.
So I'm just waiting to see how they'll respond to it.

The guy I talked to before was really nice about it before, so I hope it'll work out.
Still kind of a bummer though.

Kind of reassuring to hear a story with a good ending to this though. Thanks.
>>
>>54164521
I'm in a similar situation where I got some Freeborn Skyraiders, but they only included a single bike between three riders. Can't say I'm amazed with the response since they only got back to me 10 days after submitting the support ticket, although they were nice about it. Still waiting on the package itself to arrive since almost a fortnight ago but I don't mind that too much since I'm not UK.
>>
File: undead2lr.jpg (42KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
undead2lr.jpg
42KB, 600x314px
Bump
>>
>>54165042
>Maelstrom
Yeah, this story has to be a lie. They actually shipped something, and when things went wrong, actually eventually fixed it? And didn't just steal his money and laugh and funnel it over to Mierce?
>>
Some nice, modern-feeling 15mm rules for sci-fi? I've tried GruntZ, but it feels a bit simple, while Tomorrow's War feels far too complex and fiddly. Any alternatives?
>>
>>54166977
Interested too, I been mentally wanking at 15mm for a while, there are some sweet, sweet ranges right now, and after reading Hammer Slammers I'm getting an itch to make my own merc company.
>>
>>54166977
There's Dirtside by Ground Zero. I dunno how they play but I think they're free.
>>
>>54167535
Stargrunt, even. Dirtside is their 6mm rules.
>>
>>54166977
There's Halo Ground Command. I've only played it a few times, but it's kinda neat
>>
File: RSCN0821.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
RSCN0821.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Decided to get some transfers on the mules before starting to paint them.

Just some Bolt Action US Army wet slides but should go a long way to making them look the part.
>>
File: RSCN0818.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
RSCN0818.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>54167957

Also thanks to the decal sheet having nicknames for tanks all three of the mules have been christened.

Meet Barbie, Helen and Mabel.
>>
>>54167957
They're looking pretty dope senpai.
>>
>>54167957
>Decided to get some transfers on the mules before starting to paint them.

...seems a bit out of order.
>>
>>54168742

Nope. You want the weathering you apply to the mini to be applied to the decals too so you put them on after priming but before proper painting.

Thats is assuming of course that you want everything to be the same base colour.

It's a touch anachronistic since the US Army aren't as hot on painting everything green like they did in WWII and the 50's but given This is Not a Test borrows a lot from Fallout it fits thematically that the drones would be painted in the same manner as tanks of that period.

It's one of the things you have to kind of get over when playing historical games, you'll want to pick out every detail on your tanks in a different colour but in reality everything, including all the stowage and tools, was just painted the same shade of US Olive Drab.

tl;dr there's method to the madness.
>>
>>54167957
What system are these for?

They look pretty cool
>>
File: Malikh Jaraya.jpg (97KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
Malikh Jaraya.jpg
97KB, 450x700px
Got the first Khaliman painted up.
Got some blue wash coming in the post as Nuln Oil doesn't look right on that light blue.
>>
>>54167957
Those are ace
>>
>>54171144

This is Not a Test, it's a Fallout-esque post apocalyptic skirmish game.

There's a PDF in the OP but as far as I'm aware it's the old pre-kickstarter version of the rules. Mostly the same but some of the weapons and skills have been changed.

Worth checking out if you like Necromunda type games.
>>
>>54172651
looking good.
I know how tiny these things are, gotta be challenging to paint them.
>>
File: 11109_marine_scout.jpg (20KB, 235x226px) Image search: [Google]
11109_marine_scout.jpg
20KB, 235x226px
to few games these days feature dinosaurs.
>>
File: 20170703_201631.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_201631.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Man I love Flintloque minis. All of them of a unique feel to them.
>>
>>54169651
Those mules are p. cool. Would you say it's worth picking up the box to get them, considering it's mostly accessory parts for other figures? Do the pouches and shit work reasonably well with other 28mm figures? I assume the arms, hands & heads would be wasted on me, but the rest might come in handy. Somewhere.

The crates aren't included, right?
>>
File: 9HKwX5m.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
9HKwX5m.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
>>54181062
Wait, some reviews say they are, but the main store page says nothing about them. Huh.

Added to the shopping list, anyway. Maybe stick some spare Meng water bottles on them, can never have enough water in the wastelands and they may be less realistic, but they look cooler than barrels.
>>
>>54180327
>when you have Cuban Pete as the regimental musician and he's got a death rattle
>>
File: 20170706_034350.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_034350.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54181127

Hes actually a former maraca salesman.
>>
>>54181533
I think I broke my neck.

Oh the lost art of rotating pictures...
>>
File: 20170706_034350~2.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_034350~2.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>54181562
Fuck, just noticed that. How about now?
>>
File: 20170706_034350~3.jpg (2MB, 2452x3487px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_034350~3.jpg
2MB, 2452x3487px
>>54181583
Ok, this time.
>>
>>54181062
>>54181105

The crates are included on the accessory sprue.

It depends on how much you can get them for really, I managed to snag mine for £15 so for a fiver each and then a bunch of other stuff is pretty good. Worth remembering though if you want them for TNT you technically need 4 for the caravan scenario so you'd either need 2 boxes and end up with spares or you'd need to convert something else for the 4th.

The accessory parts look like they'd work well with other sets and you do get some genuinely useful parts beyond the usual holsters and pouches. You get loads of pistol grips for example which you could realistically use with any number of weapons that normally come with arms attached. You also get quite a lot of hands, both left and right, in a variety of poses. Gripping hands, open hands, hands with pistol grips.

Stuff like that is a godsend to me, I always find myself wishing that I could have a weapon left handed or slung across a guys back and it always requires a fair amount of work since I need to find the right parts and then cut them to fit. Now I've got most of what I need on one sprue.

Also, I don't want to imply anything about the guys over at Dreamforge but the arms and hands in the accessory pack could definitely be used to pose you guys in a certain salute that became popular throughout europe in the 1940's.

Shouldn't be that surprising I suppose they did release an entire line of Nazi super soldiers.
>>
>>54181127
What the hell is even going on in that boxart? That's ought to be one of the most 80s things I've ever seen.
>>
>read Full Thrust stealth rules
>Advanced cloaking device: you have to REMOVE THE MODEL FROM THE TABLE, MARKING LAST KNOWN POSITION.
>note down in advance how long you're running quiet for
>continue to plot moves
>when you appear measure your entire plotted course from the marked point, no takebacks

it's beautiful
>>
>>54180072

There is only one Dino-hunting game out there that matters: all else is trash.
>>
File: STALKER Careers.pdf (432KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
STALKER Careers.pdf
432KB, 1x1px
>>54182911
Pretty nice. Fog of war is always difficult in tabletop game, especially without double blind and a referee.

Good to see them at least making an effort at stealth. Looks like it would be pretty fun.

I've been putting together S.T.A.L.K.E.R. careers for Traveller, so I can one day run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with Traveller...

Done a few, but still have a bunch more to do - Duty, Military, Freedom and the Scientists. Still have to fill out the life events and mishaps in the Bandit career too.

If anyone is familiar with Traveller and wants to help out, just let me know, I can give you a template. I'm essentially just copying the relevant career from the Mongoose Traveller 1e book and altering things I see fit. Add some knowledges like knowledge (zone) and give people rooms or buildings to live in instead of ship shares or space vessels.
>>
>>54182911

I know, right?
Now if only it didn't have that retarded damage model, it'd be THE large-scale space battle ruleset of the ... well, basically eternity.
>>
>>54183085
>retarded damage model

Is the problem the fact damage is resolved immediately, X Wing style (so you can just shoot stuff that hasn't activated yet) that's the problem?
>>
did anyone ever scanned The halo: fleet battles or the halo: Ground Command rule book?
>>
>>54183124

That, too.
But I was thinking more along the rows of all the damage boxes that need to be crossed out (pun intended + I apologize in advance) to kill stuff.
>>
>>54183171

Next try at playing it will have a 1 to 5 hits (according to the hull strenght) requirement to destroy an internal system.
I'll see if that plays better.
>>
>>54182703
>Worth remembering though if you want them for TNT you technically need 4 for the caravan scenario so you'd either need 2 boxes and end up with spares or you'd need to convert something else for the 4th.
I was thinking two, the third as a wreck somewhere, and then two actual mules or packhorses.

>Also, I don't want to imply anything about the guys over at Dreamforge but the arms and hands in the accessory pack could definitely be used to pose you guys in a certain salute that became popular throughout europe in the 1940's.
They're really marketing towards a specific aesthetic, yeah.

>>54183014
Oi, Tusk is pretty good and I think it has dinos in the base game. Prehistoric Settlement has dinosaurs in one of the supplements.
>>
>>54183081
Looking at the Bandit mustering out table, you don't specify - which skill covers squatting, and what rank do you need to squat properly and not like western spy?
>>
>>54183171
I found once you got a decent amount of guns the lethality went up well enough, especially with exploding dice (6 is double hits and roll again) and crazier weapons.

If you still don't think it's deadly enough make Grasers or plasma cheaper?
>>
>>54183341
ah. you need knowledge (squat). If you don't have that, you have to use Deception to attempt to squat without looking like a decadent capitalist spy.
>>
Actually, what is the most slav-meme wargame?
>>
I was wondering if some of you guys may know if there is a way to get some of the old Ral Partha miniatures.

Iron Wind seems to do a few, but not this guy for example.
It's a sculpt from 1977, it's older than me, so this is a bit of a long shot, but I figured asking couldn't hurt.
>>
>>54184547
>>54185683
Ral Partha Europe
>>
>>54184547
http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/
>>
I'd love to recreate the persian throne from the movie 300. Do you of any mini which looks like Xerxes? Leonidas seems easy enough.
>>
>>54151268
Swede here, it's exactly the same in Sweden. You can get the plastic monopose ones for a few bucks maybe but anything still in it's plastic cover? Easily 1.5x the original price.
>>
>>54185711
>>54185722
Now I feel kinda stupid.
I googled, but that didn't come up for whatever reason.

Thanks.
Seems the Frost Giant is well out of production.
>>
>>54185900
Ask them, maybe they have the moulds somewhere.
>>
>>54185936
Guess it's worth a try.
>>
>>54185822
Patience being the greatest virtue, with being undiscerning being close second has always been true for buying from Ebay. You basically keep browsing it until something you can use for anything pops up for cheap and you snatch it up.
It has its own certain thrill, never knowing for sure which one or how your armies will grow next.
>>
>>54185711
They have some nice 15mm. I wonder why it isn't more common, 15mm games.
>>
>>54189547
I tend to find a lot of 15mm gamers just adapt games from other scales

28mm and 10mm games in particular can generally be used without too many headaches.
>>
>>54189823
I still never met anyone playing a 15mm army desu, and it's a shame because the sci fi stuff than I see online is cool as fuck.
>>
So Spartan Games is doing a kickstarter for GAS, should I be excited?

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Firestorm-Armada-Weekend-Offer---We-Want-Your-Views-.html?soid=1103441312609&aid=6uqvgMAv0yA
>>
>>54190769
Considering they are 3 months late on their last one...
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319847883/longsword-tabletop-tactics

=
>>
>>54185786
AoS has loads of overgrown bald men.
You could also check out Hasslefree and Red Box for heavily muscled guys who tower over the others.
>>
>>54196629
A bald head shouldn't be hard to get, after that you just start looking for barbarian miniatures because they tend to be lightly armored.
>>
>>54190769
Are they seriously doing another kickstarter? Fuck those guys...
>>
>>54190769

Starting to think Spartan Games should get their own general, where you can all throw money at their retarded schemes and moan about lack of support together.
>>
Anybody else feel like the biggest appeal of Frostgrave is the excuse to collect all sorts of random minis to complete the bestiary?

I feel more excited about painting snow leopards than wizards.
>>
>>54200431
>tfw in the meanwhile nobody's excited for Otherworld
Eh...
>>
>>54200570
I got a bunch of the models, but nobody to play Frostgrave or Otherworld with.
And Otherworld is a bit more obvious about targeting old school D&D, so in terms of flavor concerning my personal miniature collection I think Frostgrave is more interesting.

That said, since I basically just collect minis and don't play the distinction is trivial.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.