[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20170629-WA0008.jpg (1015KB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170629-WA0008.jpg
1015KB, 2336x4160px
Hey guys, this is my intro marine, a mini to try and paint and play for the first time. Any thoughts/tips on the paintjob?
>>
>>54070966
Try painting inside the lines.
Other than that, by no means the worst first mini I've seen, your paint doesn't even look *that* thicc.
But yeah thin your paints anyway
>>
>>54071034
>Try painting inside the lines.
This.

Buy some better brushes, if you need to.
>>
>>54070966
Go to /wip/ general and ask them
>>
I can't tell what's real anymore.

You broke me /tg/
>>
>>54073292
This. Bite the bullet and get a winsor and newton 00. Itll be between 6-10 usd. Also get some brush soap. Life will become noticably easier.
>>
It's messy, but I can't do better much better than that myself
>>
It's shit but that's normal
>>
Advice from the guy who got me into this 17 years ago:

If you think he's done, set the model aside. Move on to the next one, and keep going, one at a time, at whatever pace is comfortable for you.

Then, when you're done with all the minis you have, you can compare your first with your last and see how much you've improved in such a short time.

It's one of the best feelings ever, bruh.
>>
>>54075075
Don't forget multiple coats with thin paint to get a good consistent paintjob.
>>
>>54070966
Thin your thumb.
>>
File: IMG_2949-001.jpg (437KB, 2048x1279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2949-001.jpg
437KB, 2048x1279px
>>54075075
00's way too small, and I never see them under $12-15 anymore.

For detail work, even on Epic-scale minis, I use a Windsor & Newton Series 7 non-miniature brush. Don't get miniature brushes - they're not labeled that way because they're meant for gaming miniatures, but because they have shorter bristles.

Be sure to use brush soap at the end of your painting session.

GW's drybrushes are actually pretty good. They're the only GW brush I'd say are currently worth the price. Their others are fine but lose their point pretty quickly without being any cheaper than the aforementioned W&N7.

In the beginning when you're still rough on brushes, feel free to get cheaper ones. Get watercolor brushes, not acrylic, ideally with Kolinsky Sable bristles.
>>
How do you thin your paints? I usually just put a bead of paint in a little tray & brush it on gently. Should I add water or something?
>>
>>54082021
the stupidest shit can also be the funniest
>>
>>54082102
Same anon who recommended the 00. Why is it too small? Also, if your over here in burgerland, see if you have a Pat Catans craft store near your. They have W&N on constant discount
>>
>>54084978
go to the warhammer youtube channel, there is a million painting videos there, yes with a dip in water, watch the vids
>>
Does anyone have the Squiggoth rules / stats from Forgeworld (regular squig not giant).

I really want to field mine.
>>
Does Ghazghkull benefit from his own Great Waaagh! ?

If he does then he gets to advance and charge and gains +1 attack correct?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.