[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: Hmm... Grues.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 64

File: 1498556726406.png (97KB, 962x697px) Image search: [Google]
1498556726406.png
97KB, 962x697px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Jimmy Rome lies again
Bad poetry(?)
Jimmy hints at changes to damage formula
Magic discussion

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480
>>
I can't really say I'm looking forward to SDB and standardized TOU. Half damage would only drag combat on, but I guess with everyone having 4 TOU as standard and having to buy boons to increase that takes care of the problem a bit, but I guess that's gonna be a change that will taste bitter in my mouth before it tastes sweet in my stomach
>>
>>54067740
I'm still for the idea of 2h weapons or power attacking with 1h giving you full or 3/4 str on the attack. It would give more of a reason to have big fuckin' bashy polearms, axes and greatswords once you start seeing plate.
>>
>>54067794
Something like that could be fun
>>
>>54067794
With how they gave polearms unilaterally competitive TNs, there's already plenty of reason to use them.
Back when they tended to be mostly 8s, a boost to power would be needed, but now that they're settled into mostly 7s, they already serve damn well as can openers.

>muh TOU 8 Knights
Yeah, there's a reason why we're changing that.
>>
>>54068214
A good weapon with joint thrust or AP qualities can take care of a TOU 8 knight, from my experience
>>
>>54068259
Only if you're a STR fag right now.
Unless you're halfswording a blade, the fall off of damage from joint thrust does not make up for penetrating the piece of plate armor in most cases.
>>
>>54068337
If you don't have above average STR then yeah, that's kinda the point. If you still wanna take down a knight you're probably better off with a gun
>>
>>54068435
Like, if you're concerned with people getting 8 TOU then maybe you'll want to reduce the number of attribute points somebody gets at character creation
>>
>>54068435
Are you dumb? Joint thrusts are supposed to bypass armor without the need for power (and irl no one had the power to just crunch plate). Joint thrusts were the attack du jour against knights.
>>
>>54068622
No need to be rude, dude. Joint Thrust still bypasses armor, and half-swording only makes it better. Jimmy already said he's gonna make JT better anyways, holy shit
>>
File: Jimmy.jpg (90KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy.jpg
90KB, 429x600px
>>54067507
>>
>>54067507
God I fucking hate Drowners.
>>
>>54067507
Is this a Witcher RPG?
>>
File: mastery preview.png (31KB, 644x317px) Image search: [Google]
mastery preview.png
31KB, 644x317px
>>54070960
No but you could totally use it as one. Especially when our monster rules come out, you'll be killing so many griffons and making so many deadpan grimdark jokes your head will spin.

Hey everyone, post your favorite talents from the old system so I know what to focus on implementing first.
>>
>>54071219
>2 CP
>could potentially repeat a 20 CP move multiple times for 2 CP a pop

Is this just unfinished or is this what mastery tier stuff looks like? This is an absurd step up from previous maneuver power.
>>
>>54067507
>Still not finished
>Still not published
Can this finally end?
>>
>>54072307
That'sthepoint.jpg
>>
>>54072476
The kickstarted ended in February and it's supposed to be done at the same time next year. I'd say this will end quite soon
>>
>>54071219
It's hard to get a list that isn't huge but I like the defensive ones, like Ironwall, Stepping Parry, Head Guard, etc.

And of course, the spear talents are splendid memes
>>
>>54071219
I like the more utilitarian ones like thread the needle and grappling at the sword.
>>
>>54071219
Flourishing Drills, Smash Punch and Rolling Hooks.
>>
>>54072476
We are VERY close to the end of the dev cycle for the core book, after that it needs to go through a lot of stuff to first be formatted and checked by editors, then to go through the process to be approved for printing and to get through our guys' backlog of prints, etc. And of course, there are more things to work on than just the core book, we have to get magic out, we have to get the monster business out, and then they have to go through the same processes.

Bones tells me it's under control but it is a behemoth of a task we face. At least the hardest part (for me) is nearly over.
>>
Oh God, finally. I've been waiting for this thread to pop up for days.

What do y'all think of a game set during the Roman Empire/Republic, where the players are gladiators under a currently failing lanista?

More focusing on the celebrity badass/career gladiator aspect than the Spartacus plot, with room for skulduggery as the lanista uses them to lay siege to enemies' backdoors with the cock of Jupiter.
>>
>>54073636
Any idea when the next beta update is ready? Even a rough ETA would be great i just cant wait anymore
>>
>>54073636
Same bullshit story as 3 years ago...
>>
File: d13.jpg (51KB, 610x478px) Image search: [Google]
d13.jpg
51KB, 610x478px
>>54075620
Don't be so negative. I was up all night really pounding out some of the last stuff, you guys will get something soon.
>>
>>54067794
>It would give more of a reason to have big fuckin' bashy polearms, axes and greatswords once you start seeing plate.
You already have those reasons and they're good reasons. They have AP and they have inherently higher damage.
>>
>>54075350
It'd be okay. Read the GURPS Gladiators supplement for some inspiration on playing the crowd during a fight.
>>
>>54075350
yea
>>
>>54075738
New race lore when
>>
>>54075738
> I was up all night really pounding out some of the last stuff
You shouldn't call your lady friend stuff
>>
>>54079770
It's not the lady friend. It's what was inside the lady friend.
>>
>>54079508
I was really, really drunk when I suggested that, I actually got in trouble. tbhq I'm probably not going to do it, we've got already-declared races that aren't released yet--I have a responsibility to finish those first.

To make amends, general Lore Night. Any and all questions (with restrictions for spoiling perfectly good plot hooks!) will be answered. We haven't had one of those for a while.
>>
>>54081308
Give some details about notable cities around Vosca, Galli, Kasel, Kamalcian, doesn't matter.
>>
>>54081308
What proportion of Dacians live in the Sich? With the food shortages and general violence, how fast is the population of Dace actually growing? Do they breed like the rat-niggers they are?

What keeps the balance of power in the inner-sea between the naval authority of Radovan and Hellian?

Are ogres/trolls still in the game?

If I drink spawn blood or eat spawn flesh unfiltered/untreated, what happens?

How long ago did the slavs seize !england?

Has anyone ever tried to shoot down a dark watcher?
>>
>>54081393
Well let's touch on Kalmacia, since we never talk about the place.

Kalmacia is a sort of oddity in the Voscan world, since it's both a functioning democracy and a country that has not been truly ravaged by wars in many years. Kalmacian government is based off of a few simple principles: The country is divided into two social classes--the land owners, and the landless. Landless people (including generally the non-successor children of the land-owners) live in the cities, whereas each parcel of land is owned by a man who works it along with his employed laborers. There are, very nearly, 100,000 of these parcels, or "Liturgies," each of whom is permitted a vote in State affairs. In reality, most of them have assembled into voting blocs based on interests, and are represented by a small council of politicians who pursue their demands by voting collectively. The cities have far smaller representation relative to their population, which leads to a degree of unrest, but the great wealth of the coastal ports tends to equalize things a bit.

The major port cities are Narkos, Napakton, Megada, and Theron. These play a crucial role in the distribution of grain via ship to other countries, including neighboring Dace--the Dacians have thusfar been refused several times in their offer to construct a Trackway between Vedrim and the (perhaps generously named) capital of Kallipolis. Kallipolis, despite its wealth and size, has largely been overrun by criminals, dangerous religious fanatics and squatters dwelling in the lower levels of the city, which were each built atop a previous iteration of the town because the Genosian religion forbids the demolishing of old buildings.
>>
>>54081593
Is Kalmacia the one carved entirely into terraces?
>>
>>54081524
1: Perhaps a quarter of Dacians live in the Sich, though increasingly they think of themselves less as Dacians and more as "Sichski." Some even daringly refer to themselves as Ghoezats, a word referencing the old bandit-clans of the near steppe who were made up of riffraff, exiles and criminals from various Voscan countries. The Dacian population has been growing in the outer parts of the country, but shrinking in Vedrim as people either leave or simply die working. Housing space is at a premium, and many disaffected youths flee to the Sich. Women die in childbirth at absurd rates as well--the Dacian School of Surgery has been working overtime to figure out why, but so far the best they've been able to do is perfect C-sections. Not in terms of the mother living, but in terms of saving the child. The Pishkans enjoy more or less a stable society. Dacians as a whole are growing in population, though.

2: Radovan is very old, and has an old understanding with the Helians that he will take their side if they ever come into conflict in the Inner Sea. He also includes their subjects in his list of protected peoples--so they consider him to be a sort of vassal.

3: Yes, though (presently) not as playable races. Ogres are a race close to extinction dwelling on the very fringes of civilization. Trolls tend to be more... Predator. Particularly the Fascine Troll, which almost exclusively preys upon humans.

4: It tastes like honey and salt on fresh bread. Then you die.

5: About 300 years ago.

6: They're not exactly easy to spot, but in some countries it is common to simply fire cannons randomly into the sky to try and take revenge. At time entire swathes of the ground have been found covered in black ichor following the Eclipse--presumably from successful hits. Nothing ever grows on that land again, though.
>>
>>54081649
Yeah, it's carved into the side of the Osterbijan mountains all the way down to the shore. It's a very impressive bit of land-transformation. They were even starting to do land reclamation from the sea before the Zells stopped them.
>>
>>54081650
>Nothing ever grows on that land again, though.
Ah, prime estate for more apartment complexes.
>>
File: 5688-974067908.jpg (22KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
5688-974067908.jpg
22KB, 250x300px
>>54081308
Try not to get so drunk Jimmy. How hard were the porcs genocided? Tell me how they died, I must know
>>
>>54081777
In ancient times, Man and the primordial Ishkaldin cooperated to exterminate

Oh wait, the Ishkaldin.
>>
>>54081898
They're what the Burdinadin/Ohenadin were back when they were one race, right?
>>
File: Ishkaldin.pdf (99KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ishkaldin.pdf
99KB, 1x1px
>>54082041
>>54081898
>>54081777
>>
File: SoS Update.jpg (16KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
SoS Update.jpg
16KB, 640x353px
>>54082172
>00:00:00
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11KB, 245x36px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11KB, 245x36px
>>54082189
>>
>>54082202
>not EST
You should probably kill yourself nonAmerican scum
Just kidding I love you
>>
>>54082172
>The Ishkaldin are the genetic predecessors of the Burdinadin and Ishkaldin
>>
>>54082257
Ohanedin, I was in a bit of a rush.
>>
>>54081308
What does Genosus want?
>>
>>54082257
Jimmy! You can't write that. The future will be changed. You'll create a Time Paradox.
>>
If for example, a well meaning Ohanedin ate a Paladin how would that affect his social standing and what would the Paladin taste like? And if it so happened the paladin was actually Genosus in disguise, how would that affect any potential superpowers and/or the taste of the meat
>>
File: your post.png (211KB, 298x349px) Image search: [Google]
your post.png
211KB, 298x349px
>>54082356
>>
>>54081308
If Thaumaturgists can visit the realms of gods, so to speak, do they converse with the deity, or is the interaction more abstract?
How does the thamaturgist ability relate to the ability of Blood-Hunter Grandmasters to phone in with a higher being?
>>
>>54082304
He wants to do his job. He really wishes everyone could just do theirs too.

>>54082356
I mean, Paladins taste better than humans, but not by a whole lot. Humans tend to be very tough anyway, they live too long, build too much muscle. It's the sort of thing you'd have to stew to really get something proper out of it.

>>54082528
To a degree--It depends on the deity. It depends where you go. In the Stannic Realm, one can see Yog-Chiii wherever one goes in the Great Realm of Knowledge, but talking to him is right out. It usually results in coma and death.

But, if one were to go to the Realm of Yalang, The Last Outpost, The Final Gate, one would find a cheerful fellow who just wants to play some cards, or some darts, or maybe monopoly--whatever your favorite game is. And he always loses. Even if you try to let him win, he loses. It's a shame. But he's always happy someone wants to play with him. Very friendly fellow. Everyone hates him.
>>
>>54082699
how good is this guy at calvinball
>>
>>54082699
how does the dark fire form """naturally"""? or is it only introduced by alien actors?
>>
>>54082827
Well he can sing the anthem pretty gud.

>>54082850
Theoretically they can, but it's really better to say that it's always introduced by alien actors--but those can arise naturally, humans simply lack the mechanism to predict them 100% of the time.
>>
>>54082938
What was old Albion like? Wicked Chivalrous?
>>
So, does Ballad have naval technology similar to that of WW2 just like its aircraft technology? Save, of course, for the whole "floating in a breathable void" thing?

If so, some of y'all, even Jimmy, might find this site kind of useful as a reference bit: http://www.navweaps.com/
>>
>>54083117
Perhaps the highest of chivalry--it was more like pre-Norman England, with a few slightly more advanced technologies, mostly in architecture.

>>54083322
Wow, pretty cool. Thanks m8.
>>
>>54083395
Tell me about bread in vosca. Tell me about wine.

Is distillation coming into industrial practice yet?
>>
>>54083395
Does Arcturus the Forgotten live up to these standards of yore?
>>
>>54083415
>>54083395
What are the national beer preferences?
>>
>>54082172
brb preparing a SoS campaign where the antagonists are Ishkaldin Pillar Men
>>
>>54085967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
>>
>>54084723
Not drinking beer
>>
File: 1492977879830.jpg (174KB, 1276x709px) Image search: [Google]
1492977879830.jpg
174KB, 1276x709px
How would you guys stat this armour?
>>
>>54088011
Cuirass with gorget, pauldrons, and faulds.
The cloth is really strangely incorporated to my eyes, but it also appears that he's wearing vambraces, gauntlets, poleyns, and greaves.
He might have a couter on his left arm.
But, 0/10 on helmet there, hope he has one packed away somewhere.
>>
File: yes please.jpg (64KB, 372x335px) Image search: [Google]
yes please.jpg
64KB, 372x335px
>>54086103
>>54085967
>>
File: THE FUCKING ROCKS.jpg (24KB, 702x102px) Image search: [Google]
THE FUCKING ROCKS.jpg
24KB, 702x102px
>>54082172
I already like these guys.
>>
>>54088219
Ohanedin primal rage + Burdinadin autism.
>>
File: wewtwo.jpg (72KB, 751x662px) Image search: [Google]
wewtwo.jpg
72KB, 751x662px
>>54082172
Nice touch. Literal orangutan muscles.
>>
>>54088159
He does
>>
File: Eskarne 2.jpg (2MB, 3000x4624px) Image search: [Google]
Eskarne 2.jpg
2MB, 3000x4624px
>>54088727
>>54088727
That's been part of Ohanedin lore for a while, I guess they inherited it.
>>
>>54086910
No beer in a fantasy setting? Heresy!
>>
File: feanor.webm (3MB, 670x990px) Image search: [Google]
feanor.webm
3MB, 670x990px
>>54088219
Sounds somewhat familiar.
took me way to long to make this. Fuck
>>
>>54090725
>>54090725
Nice.
>>
File: 1471296344378.jpg (351KB, 1473x1990px) Image search: [Google]
1471296344378.jpg
351KB, 1473x1990px
>>
File: bump.gif (971KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
971KB, 200x150px
>>
>>54082699
Is Yog Yalang the Charlie Brown of Voscan gods?
>>
>>54067507

Looks better than d&d, I'll be sure to check it out.
>>
>>54095101
If you ever want a tutorial, let us know, and someone will get into the roll20 room for you.
>>
>>54082172
>This kills the orc
>>
>>54083415
It's more or less what you'd expect. The closest thing to fantasy bread is stuff made out of Kesh, which is a reddish color, and has a bitter taste, but is very wholesome. The stuff tastes terrible without accompaniment though, and it isn't really grown as a cash crop because nobody wants it. The Dacians eat a lot of it though because Kesh will grow anywhere--the Vedrimites normally have it with vinegar, and the Pishkans slather it in cheese. The Volkodavs famously carry loaves of the stuff to feed to their horses.

Wine is a very, very large industry in Illegon and Galli, and it was in the Krajina before the war, when most of the vineyards were destroyed. The Kalmacians also produce large quantities of the stuff and sell it about. Distillation of spirits and the like isn't quite at industrial levels yet, but depending on where you go every town will have one or more small stills set up somewhere to make the favored local drink.

>>54083873
He is a contemplative man with a good head for networking and not much taste for violence. Most people think of him as a weak, irrelevant ruler, but that is part of his genius. All in all he is actually the antithesis of the pre-Osterbijan Albish nobility.

>>54084723
It really runs the gamut even within countries, but the great majority of beers in Vosca are of a light, amber type. Algenburg's "Green Grain" concoction is the only beer that is actually exported in meaningful amounts because of its novel color and taste--it's green, and has a bit of a sour twang to it that many describe as refreshing.

In Dace you can get Kesh Beer (which they call Kapiv) which is a bit weird because it's red, tastes like blood, and always has these little bits of fungus floating around in it. It's customary to strain it before drinking it--but they don't tell foreigners that because they enjoy watching them gag on the culture.
>>
>>54090147
Beer is a bit later than the time period of Vosca, isn't it?
>>
>>54098944
Beer has been around since there was barley to brew.

If by beer you mean lager, then sort of. The first lagers were brewed in the 16th century, although it's not until the 19th that it reaches it's modern form and explodes in international popularity.

The 15/16th centuries also saw an increase in the use of hops. During the Middle Ages hops were an optional flavouring used in small amounts if at all. Fast forward to period Tattered Realms is based on and we see that hops are used more often and in greater amounts.
>>
>>54098318
Dace is getting kind of cartoonishly silly.
>>
>>54099758
Dace was always ridiculous, it's like a little portal to Ballad.
>>
>>54099758
Dace is a direct descendant of Assholia or Shitistan or whatever the hell that one /tg/ storytime setting was. It's no wonder they have sattumakalja as their beer.
>>
>>54101193
It's been a long time since I've googled a word and found literally nothing.
>>
>>54101216
Finnish slang. Sattuma in this case means "random pieces of shit floating in..." and kalja is beer.

The half full warm beer can that is used as an ashtray is sattumakalja. Beer can with ants and flys and mosquitos in it is another sattumakalja.

Beer with fungus floating in it is clearly sattumakalja.

The proper way to drink sattumakalja is to take gulps of it, drink the liquid and spit out the sattumas.
>>
File: tumblr_oigjfuAIJ51v1frjoo1_400.gif (2MB, 336x189px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oigjfuAIJ51v1frjoo1_400.gif
2MB, 336x189px
>>54101528
Finns man.
>>
>>54101584
Putin a cute.

Cuuutttteeee.
>>
>>54101584
>That Russian incredulity
>"Did I walk into a stage play or was that Judo I... Oh clap okay"
>>
>>54101678
it's just koryu bullshit kata. Because nobody there outside of judo, kendo and kyokushin does alive training.
>>
>>54101584
At first I was like but then
>>
File: M1C1t8L.jpg (51KB, 504x292px) Image search: [Google]
M1C1t8L.jpg
51KB, 504x292px
Jimmy tell us about dragons.
>>
What are some magic items running around the Tattered Realms?
>>
File: 19 - cNua1pl.png (364KB, 354x394px) Image search: [Google]
19 - cNua1pl.png
364KB, 354x394px
>>54105642

King's seal.
>>
>>54105642
There's a magic sword that literally sends people to hell.
>>
>>54099758
>getting
>>
>>54101528
Your nation needs therapy.
>>
>>54105642
There's that poleaxe that permanently drains emotions each time it is used.
>>
>>54105921
You're forgetting that not only does it send people to hell, it brings you with them for a day trip so your victims can work out their frustrations.
>>
>>54105921
>multiple afterlife paradises
>only one hell
What did Jimmy mean by this?
>>
Perhaps there is only one hell because the different gods secure their followers an afterlife?
>>
File: 1MkAfwq.png (839KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1MkAfwq.png
839KB, 750x1334px
Daily reminder that SoS will update soon, according to Jimmy
>>
What parts would commonly be unarmored on warriors and soldiers throughout history? The face is the top obvious one but what are others?
>>
>>54112718
lower legs on foot soldiers, esp. the feet
hands on anyone with shields or elaborate hand guards on their weapon
faces, depending on individual soldier and the tendencies of the era
the back
>>
File: The Seal of Disapproval.jpg (32KB, 691x317px) Image search: [Google]
The Seal of Disapproval.jpg
32KB, 691x317px
>>
File: 71opHk+nheL._SX385_.jpg (118KB, 1544x380px) Image search: [Google]
71opHk+nheL._SX385_.jpg
118KB, 1544x380px
>>54113336
>>
>>54112718
Joints, lower legs, back of the thigh
>>
>>54112718
Mostly joints.
>>
>>54110044
It might not actually BE hell, it just fits the description well.
>>
>>54113336
The real question is what did we lose?
>>
Jimmy are there any notable slave forces like the Mamluks? Elite slave soldiers, often viewed with pride and honor.
>>
File: reeeeee.jpg (8KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.jpg
8KB, 325x325px
>>54088219
>>
File: hNfbXXt.gif (431KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
hNfbXXt.gif
431KB, 640x358px
Ded thred ded game
>>
>>54120104
It's only dead because the discord exists
Willingly moving off /tg/ is always a mistake
>>
>>54120104
>>54120707
The first discord was okay, but the "official" discord was nothing else than a mistake
>>
>>54120104
I'm just waiting for the next edition.
>>
>>54120909
We are supposed to be getting a total combat, skill and talent overhaul.
>>
>>54120953
Hopefully it's relatively fuck up free, I want to print out a copy and take it up to one of the FLGS's in town.
>>
>>54121336
>total overhaul
>untested
>fuck-up free
>>
What are grues, are they those green guys?
>>
>>54121404
That is the dangerous part. Jimmy is apparently against the wall for editing and is just trying to shit out the new features. Meaning we have no time to playtest it.
>>
File: Grues.pdf (69KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Grues.pdf
69KB, 1x1px
>>54122042
Grues are terrifying shadow monsters with venomous claws and blood. Here is the pdf.
>>
>>54122278
Blast from the past right there.
>>
Someone explain to a complete dipshit: what is a void, and what is a hilt push? The latter seems to be self explanatory but I can't visualize it.
>>
>>54123149
The void is a vacuum.
A space where nothing exists.
Hilt push is when you push your shaft inside someone, up to the hilt.
>>
File: IMgu0Yo.gif (491KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMgu0Yo.gif
491KB, 350x272px
>>54123176

I meant void as in the maneuver.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
>>
>>54123217
Void as in Avoid as in Dodge
You are "voiding" the enemy's attack by placing yourself where it can't effect you.

Hilt Push is getting your weapons into a Bind. You know that moment in fucking every movie where two assholes with swords slam together and push their crossguards against the other, visibly straining? It's like that but less stupid and more dynamic.
>>
>>54123149
Ever seen when in some movies or games two people go at each other with swords? When they attack and parry each other and keep their blades locked, pushing against the sword of the other, trying to get the dominant position?
That's - as far as I know - what hilt push basically is.

Void is just dodging. Jumping out of harms way.
>>
>>54123217
I think he was just fucking with you.
>>
>>54123149
A void is a dodge. Hilt Push would be more properly called a bind, or Winding and Binding, but Jimmy is a literal retard and wants to use a made-up term that evokes that Hollywood sword pushing bullshit instead of actual fighting.
>>
>>54123657
>Wanting to have elements of the game that the devoted can use to lure in normies
>retarded
>>
>>54124018
>implying any normie knows what the fuck a hilt push is
>implying it shouldn't be called by its proper name to teach normies
>>
>>54124049

tfw genuinely thought hilt push was stabbing a dude and shoving the blade in.
>>
>>54124049
Each copy of the book now comes with a free "Baby's First Fechtbuch" CD. Learn all the moves to help Longsword Jobber defeat the Pirate King!
>>
>>54124546
Including on-disc DLC expansion detailing dog & beetle combat for just $0.99 extra
>>
How strong are all these lore characters relative to each other? Like, if I use them as examples for my players will it be weird to have Gizka up against the robot detective?
>>
>>54125486
They're not equal. Gizka, Eskarne and King are like an order of magnitude stronger than the others. It isn't clear how strong Sark is but he might also be up there because he was clearly designed to be super intimidating, which is ruined a bit by his goofy elf ears.

I think the redheaded girl, Arzalluz (he's not a robot he's an elf in power armor) Wilhelm and Sedeas are all supposed to be about the same power level, they're example PCs.
>>
>>54125530
>order of magnitude
35 CP is good but it isn't godhood. She and Burdlock Holmes is a bad match, but they aren't Dragonball power level differences.
>>
>>54125530
The detective guy is more like a villain than a PC. He'd make a good adventure bad guy desu.
>>
>>54125728
Aralluz is an upstanding member of the citizenry and I will not hear a bad word about him. Please leave this glade immediately you degenerate
>>
Hey Jimmy

Are there any named Iskaladin yet? Would the lair of one just be a spot on the map that is curiously blank?

Does the Sarturi fertility power apply to humans/din/dwarves as it does cattle?
Do animal sacrifices have any particular ritual?

Who has silk plantations?
>>
>>54127955
>Does the Sarturi fertility power apply to humans/din/dwarves as it does cattle?
No, otherwise it'd say so.
>>
>>54128493
>no animals [...] raised [...] on this land will grow sick
>>
>>54128843
>din
>animals
>>
File: sos - higher lifeform.png (31KB, 385x299px) Image search: [Google]
sos - higher lifeform.png
31KB, 385x299px
>>54128912
>>
>>54127955
>Named Ishkaldin
I mean, the race might be extinct, there are officially none left on Vosca, it would be up to GMs whether they want to include some holdouts. And yes, it could be a blank spot, or it could just be some remote part of Ohanedin lands where the old guys are still just hanging out.

It'd be really cool actually to find a village of "Ohanedin" who can break promises and touch metal, the party might panic.

>Does the Sarturi fertility power apply to humans/din/dwarves as it does cattle?
I'd say it does. People born and living (or who spend time working) in the affected area would be healthier.

>Do animal sacrifices have any particular ritual?
Generally it's best to calm the animal down, and then decapitate it with two or three strokes of an axe.

>Silk
Karthack produces a bit of it but for many reasons, their brand of silkworm does not like the climate or the plantlife in Vosca, so they are not very productive.

Most silk is imported from Dravokhand which is in the far-East, though they themselves import silk from Kar-Lang, which is even further East.
>>
>>54130101
>Dravokhand
>Kar-Leng
>>
File: totally a zell.jpg (57KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
totally a zell.jpg
57KB, 720x540px
>>54130101
>NONE LEFT IN VOSCA
>>
>>54130101
>>54130101
How much do the O-din and B-din know about the Ish-din?
>>
>>54130204
Dravokhand is a country that lays beyond Mudhakistan, which is itself the closest thing to a neighbor on Karthack's Eastern border, with only the Gray Path (an ancient stone highway built through the inhospitable marshes between the countries) laying between them.

Dravokhand is ruled by a King and a group of nobles, more or less like a Voscan country, but not too much is known about the structure of their society in the West. They tend to distrust Karthacks, and recently have learned to distrust Western Voscans as well, as groups of them have gradually trickled through Cross Way and the Gray Path to visit the far country.

Kar-Leng is a still more mysterious country that traders are forbidden to enter without licenses granted to Drovokhandian trading companies. As such, no Voscan or Karthack has ever been inside. It is said to be tremendously wealthy, however, and huge. All the silk in the world is grown there--or at least 99% of it.
>>
>>54130849
They are vaguely aware (at best) that they have a common ancestor, but very few know the truth. The Ohanedin believe that the common ancestor of their people was one man, Galdun, who they depict as being dark skinned like a Burdinadin, but with fiery red hair and green eyes, like one of their own.

The individual named Galdun did exist, but he was merely a warlord whose name survived because he built many stone monuments to himself in primordial times to commemorate his conquests, which the spirits were later able to identify as "Galdun's Teeth." The Ohanedin worship him as a sort of War God, and still occasionally invoke his name in battle.

Though they don't know it, the Ishkaldin themselves were horrified by Galdun's behavior, because building monuments to oneself was considered a heinous act of hubris. The Ishkaldin believed in creating monuments only to the gods, never to men. Galdun was exiled to an island off the coast of Iber, where he continued making many monuments to himself to spite his punishment.
>>
>>54130985
The description said the Ishkies are blonde and white mostly, was he an exception or is this just a myth they use to explain the connection between the burds and the ohans?
>>
>>54130985
Are there any hive-minds in the setting, monstrous, magical, and otherwise?
>>
>>54131991
Honeybees and Zells.
>>
>>54131991
The Zells have the Dream, which is a localized hivemind for the crews of ships. They also buzz like bees. So that's about close enough.
>>
>>54130245
desu the only thing missing from ballad for it to be the perfect Outlaw Star RPG is catgirls werewolves. I think we can let that go since we have Slav Elves. Next best thing.
>>
>>54130245
clearly Die Lowen is Ishkaladin
>>
>>54133876
Who?
>>
>>54134594
Die Lowen (The Lioness) is a character in Ballad of the Laser Whales. She's an elf who showed up in Weimar Germany and taught Otto Skorzeny and a bunch of other people how to do elf-jiujitsu.

It's part of the lore that Space Hitler asked her to give him a demonstration of her martial arts, so she put him in the cobra clutch and executed a sick German suplex. He was so impressed that he gave her a "state dowry" (basically a huge bribe for her to get married and have kids) which she never took because she was too busy suplexing people to have a family.

People sort of assumed that she's Eskarne in the future, but it didn't really fit because Ohanedin can't touch metal and everything in the grim darkness of the 1940s is made out of metal. This actually makes much more sense. She's a fucking neanderthal elf.
>>
File: 1498835239806.jpg (16KB, 343x297px) Image search: [Google]
1498835239806.jpg
16KB, 343x297px
>Jimmy getting assfractured over Outsider updating faster than SoS in another thread

I pity the dead who can no longer know such joys.
>>
>>54134831
Outsider will be finished before SoS. Who would believe this in 2013?
>>
>>54134831
what's Outsider?
>>
>>54134948
It's a webcomic famous for moving at the speed of molasses. It's a sci-fi series with space elves. The similarities are striking. Jimmy Rome and Jim Francis are shockingly similar. They basically live in the same city, write the same kind of material, have the same name, share the same fetishes and are both really right-wing.

The primary difference is Jimmy is like a weird occult Catholic witch and Francis just an atheist. That's probably why one produced fantasy and the other produced sci-fi.

It's really no surprise that they know each other. There can only be so many people with that obscure an interest in one town.
>>
>>54135184
Also both write about elves. That's really the most important part.
>>
>>54134831
No links anon? For shame.
>>
>>54134831
>not linking to it
Kill yourself. Provide source.
>>
>>54126489
>>
>>54082257
The Ishkaldin^2 are exactly like Ishkaldin but twice as big and with larger breasts.
>>
File: 1468345197738.gif (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468345197738.gif
142KB, 500x500px
>>54139750
>>
This just in. Notorious smut peddler Jimmy Rome found catatonic in loose manuscript of RPG, Imported Ukrainian elf hentai and two thousand jergens ampules. More at page 1.
>>
>>54141574
We all knew this day would come.
>>
>>54142284
Only the true love's kiss from Mike Pence can wake this sleeping prince.
>>
>>54142336
Alright, I'll go get the jumper cables.
>>
File: undead liech.png (919KB, 1008x697px) Image search: [Google]
undead liech.png
919KB, 1008x697px
The Audatia mod received a small update just now. These two cards were missing from the Liechtenauer deck, because they were missing from the actual Print & Play deck available here. https://growlpartnership.selz.com/item/56753d7f6edca00e788fa00e That has been corrected by Guy & Rami, so if you bought that, go read your emails and download the proper file.
>>
>>54145474
>hilt push
>>
>>54145474
Is that card really punishes your opponent for having higher stat than you? Is there any other cards like that?
>>
File: 050.png (250KB, 361x501px) Image search: [Google]
050.png
250KB, 361x501px
>>54146381
It's a conditional punish, but yes, several.
>>
>>54146569
Is the author trying to punish Strength on purpose? I mean is there a card that counters any other stat like Audacity or Speed?
>>
File: 46.png (525KB, 481x668px) Image search: [Google]
46.png
525KB, 481x668px
>>54146587
Of course.
>>
File: 46.png (492KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
46.png
492KB, 480x670px
>>54146587
>>
File: 09.png (405KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
405KB, 480x670px
>>
File: 09.png (465KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
465KB, 480x670px
>>54146587
Oops, wrong one.
>>
File: 07.png (474KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
474KB, 480x670px
While there's no direct "If your opponent has more Celertias, then..." effect, there are indirect ones like this. It seems speed of action is supreme in swordsmanship.
>>
File: 13.png (406KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
406KB, 480x670px
>steal initiative
>>
File: 51.png (467KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
51.png
467KB, 480x670px
>blind toss
>>
File: 50.png (494KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
50.png
494KB, 480x670px
>weapon throw
>>
File: 47.png (457KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
47.png
457KB, 480x670px
>>
>>54122278
Has anyone made a character that can take one of these things? I guess they'd be pretty shit at dealing with someone in armor.
>>
>>54082172
So wait, are these the paleolithic elves?
>>
>>54147922
No, Paleo elves are their own thing.
>>
>>54147922
No. Paleolithic elves are different. They're godlike creatures, whereas these are just elves. Noted otophiliac and racial supremacist Jimmy "Zell Pride Worldwide" Rome has no end to the number of elves he can whip out for different roles.
>>
File: tumblr_nv24roFy1l1spd0keo1_540.jpg (123KB, 540x763px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv24roFy1l1spd0keo1_540.jpg
123KB, 540x763px
>>54147854
It's not too hard. Have high CP, about 20 something. Use a katana, deep draw cut the torso. Praise Kane-san. Get killed because the grue is a pack animal and you didn't bring grenades
>>
>>54148050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlNpSXlgAM
>>
So I might've missed something, but in the case of explosives as described on page 311 in the 1.9.9 LaTeX Beta, the Power of the bomb is "randomly distributed across the body using Table 22.2: Missile Target Zone" as damage. How many times do you roll on that table, though? Is there a guideline somewhere that tells you how many checks on the Missile Target Zone Table you should make? Because I see no such thing at the moment.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 2, 7, 6, 1, 8, 2, 8, 5 = 44 (10d10)

>Power of the bomb is "randomly distributed across the body using Table 22.2: Missile Target Zone" as damage
It's rolled equal to the power of the bomb. So with a power 10 bomb, you do it ten times. I'll demo how it works now, why not.
>>
>>54075738
>Don't be negative
Mate, this game is in "just finishing touches" stage for THREE YEARS. How about you either drop the project already or just finish it? Because as for now, my patience simply burned away and all the credit of trust I once had in this project is gone for almost a year now.
>>
>>54149395
>>54149475
>Chest
>Miss
>Head
>Upper Arm
>Groin
>Miss
>Lower Arm
>Head
>Lower Arm
>Belly

Totals to 1 Damage to the Chest, 2 to the Head, 1 to the Upper Arm, 1 to the Groin, 2 to the Lower Arm, and finally 1 to the Belly.
>>
>>54149475
Lol, so power 5 bomb can blow off your head or limb with 1/100000 chance
>>
File: 62847382_p7.jpg (1MB, 805x1145px) Image search: [Google]
62847382_p7.jpg
1MB, 805x1145px
>>54149524
Oh wait. No. This was the wrong way to do explosions. Lemme cite the rulebook instead of going off memory.

>Explosions have the following qualities: Damage, Hit Number, Blast Radius and Damage Type. When an explosion occurs, every character within the blast radius suffers the effects of the explosion.
>Roll on the Missile Target Zones table a number of times equal to the second number in the Damage section, and apply the first number in Damage to each section rolled - rolling again for specific Hit Location on the appropriate Thrusting table.
>In the event that multiple Hits land in the same Hit Location, each additional Hit adds half of its damage to the first Hit’s total. Only ever resolve one Hit per Location, combine all which land in the same area.
>Critical Hits count as an automatic miss for the purposes of explosions.
>If a character is in Cover, any Hit Results that land on a Covered body part are not re-rolled - they automatically miss.
>If a character is Prone, reduce the Hit Number of the explosion for them by 1.
>For every multiple of the Blast Radius away that a character is, halve the Damage and reduce the Hit Number for them by one. Once the Hit Number is 0, the explosion is no longer effective.
>If the Fuse entry has multiple numbers, it means the Phase length of the Fuse can be chosen before throwing the grenade.

>Light Hand Grenade
>Damage/Hit Number: 15/4
>Blast Radius: 1 yard
reeeee, use metric you fools
>Damage Type: Bludgeoning

That's my bad, sorry
>>
File: 1489694060163.jpg (85KB, 394x524px) Image search: [Google]
1489694060163.jpg
85KB, 394x524px
>>
>>54147854
I once killed three using a cleave with a halberd

then spent the rest of the session running in abject terror
>>
File: soonposting.png (12KB, 750x100px) Image search: [Google]
soonposting.png
12KB, 750x100px
>>54149497
We did have the kickstarter, finally. So there is actually a deadline.
>>
>>54149395
>>54149500
Right. But it's different in 1.3. Use that, not 1.9.9.
>>
>>54154639
Did we ever get an official answer re stat allocation at charges?
>>
>>54155371
I don't know. What's the question?
>>
For the people who run games of SoS,
Do you create actual Schools of weapon training for the setting? If not for the PCs to select from, then for the various NPC factions and armies? How do you handle Talent selection for these?
>>
Yo jimbo. In honor of the 4th, tell me about the use of fireworks in vosca and the void.
>>
>>54156679
Hard to say without the new talents, generally I try to run fast and loose with that sort of thing.
>>
>>54082172
>their bodies' aging process halts, so long as they retain their Focus. Each breed of Din has a different Focus
>Ishkaldin have no Focus
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JIMMY stop being lazy and come up with a focus.

>their abilities are MMO-style "spend mana to hit harder once or get a timed buff" bullshit
>fluff bits memed to shit
I think this is the laziest thing you've put out in a while. This is literally just "what if morlock elves".
>>
>>54109726
But you don't remember it after.
>>
>>54130940
>Jimmy adding still more countries
Are all these no-name shitholes going to even be on your map?
>>
>>54159394
>India
>no-name shithole
That really rustles my jimmies, anon.
>>
>>54159714
yeah, India's a shithole that's had many names over the centuries.
>>
>>54159714
>>54160542
>India
>a country
>a unified country with any legitimate name
Get your stupid limey memes out of here.
>>
>>54159292
> and come up with a focus.
Neck yourself nigger. They survive by eating people. They have no focus.
>>
>>54159285
Sorry, was out celebrating the holiday and all that.

Fireworks in Vosca are actually fairly common if you know where to look, the secrets of gunpowder and its use in such displays reached the West centuries ago.

In Karthack, many of the less talented Zophs more or less make a living producing the things, since the craft requires no magic but carries the same prestige. Setting off fireworks during the Eclipse is a common method of "fighting back" against the Dark Watchers.

In the Genosian world, fireworks are less common, as their sensibilities tend to discourage frivolities--but even so, nothing prevents the nobility of Illegon from setting the things off at all hours of the night to celebrate their weddings and birthdays. There was, very briefly, a movement in the Ruvian Church to celebrate certain Saints' feast days with fireworks, perhaps by designating a certain color or style in their honor. Pontifatrix Lea II quickly silenced this movement on the grounds that it was heresy and would also be absurdly expensive.

>>54159394
We'd have to zoom out waaaaay too far to cover that, just know that it's in the East.
>>
>>54159292
That was intentional. The older Elves had more generic focus that relied on fairly simple things. It is their descendants, bastardized by magic, that have these hyper-specific requirements to remain immortal.

When you look at the older Dinnic races, their focuses are pretty simple. Orredin just have to be around magic. Zells just have to live as they've always lived. Ishkaldin just had to eat people. The Ishks just ended up splitting because asdfg and so the resulting races had more specific requirements.
>>
>>54154639
Wait so which version is the definitive "to use" book, 1.3 or 1.9.9?
>>
>>54165474
1.9.9 is Alpha, 1.3 is beta
>>
>>54165504
So if you wanted to just play the game you'd use 1.3?
>>
>>54165556
Some new rules aren't completely explained in 1.3, like how talents work now, or how the new attribute points are supposed to work. So it kinda forces you to either mix 1.9.9 with 1.3, or wait for the upcoming update
>>
>>54165603
So hang on, I'm reading through 1.3 right now and the new school system basically makes it impossible to specialize, as far as I can tell? You're going to be as good a swordsman as you are a lancer as you are a spearman if you add those Profs to your School.

Not sure how I feel about that change. Makes master swordsmen or weapon specialists more difficult to build.
>>
>>54165904
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for the new update, because with the few hints that Jimmy's been showing us, like the Master Maneuvers, and however Superior Maneuvers and Talents are supposed to work from now on, it should make your character more unique, as far as I can remember
>>
>>54165904
We have no idea what the new talents look like and what you're describing is exactly how schools have always worked without talents included. All profs in your school are at basically the same CP except for Noble primaries. You specialize by just not fucking adding those proficiencies to your school and taking the talents specific to your fighting style. Apparently the new talents are more in line with Ballad being far more focused and impactful to that aspect of your fighting.
>>
File: Eskarne_Face.jpg (96KB, 974x888px) Image search: [Google]
Eskarne_Face.jpg
96KB, 974x888px
ELF PRIDE
WORLD WIDE
>>
I got a question, fuccbois. When did helmets start being made out of steel instead of iron in Europe?
>>
>>54166995
When they learned to make sheets of steel-ish iron.
>>
>>54167026
You know, I had a feeling it was around that time, but unfortunately I don't know the century since I'm just a guy who masturbates to elves and 2D women
>>
>>54167050
Didn't the Romans use a low grade steel?

Where's KM when you need him, someone light the beacon.
>>
File: IMG_4245.jpg (302KB, 1056x1408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4245.jpg
302KB, 1056x1408px
KM
KM
KM
KM
>>
>>54166995
It was already in place by the mid/late 1300s. Unfortunately I can't find reliable data on earlier helms that distinguishes iron and steel.
>>
File: 19a.png (70KB, 331x464px) Image search: [Google]
19a.png
70KB, 331x464px
>>54167566
Nice, thanks
>>
File: Roman cavalry sports 01.jpg (76KB, 634x753px) Image search: [Google]
Roman cavalry sports 01.jpg
76KB, 634x753px
No rest for the... metallurgist?

>>54166995
While steel armour started showing up at some point in time, iron was never phased out and remained in use for cheaper armour. It then had a big comeback ca 1500 with the Italian makers, and from there gradually replaced steel almost entirely, IIRC through the rest of that century.

I haven't the time before bed to look around for when steel started showing up, but you or someone else may be able to find it in here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lw9w2stunb6zyt/The_Knight_and_the_Blast_Furnace.pdf

>>54167436
Taking a quick peek in "The Sword and the Crucible" and trying to sum things up:
Dunno how it ranks in inclusions, phosphorus, and other such misery.

If we look at Roman and Celtic swords (the latter ending up making a lot of the former's stuff) then out of 59 examples 21 were of iron or unhardenable mild steel, 8 appeared to be all steel (one seemingly being made form a single piece), and the rest had hardenable edges with iron mixed in somewhere.

Almost all were made of multiple bits of metal, many simply piled (straight bars next to each other running the length of the blade), some piled and twisted so bad welds wouldn't run off quite so far. When mixed materials are welded together the high carbon materials doesn't always end up quite at the edge. In other cases blades are forged out of iron, and the edges (or the entire skin I guess) carburised. Blades are generally quite heterogenous. Quenching, even slack quenching, appears to be very rare overall, probably going from "nope" to "occasional" as we move through time.

Overall it seems they had to do with usually quite small pieces of metal, even smaller pieces of steel (if any), and the construction methods used to assemble a sword out of them are still a bit primitive compared to the more developed pattern welding and lamination of the migration period and later. (Of course, some would consider that Roman times too.)

No "dark age" science decline here.
>>
File: 1454181458389.jpg (266KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1454181458389.jpg
266KB, 1200x1200px
>>54168242
Thanks for the book, and the info
>>
Any ETA on release jimjam?
>>
>>54169874
Never, we're going to fake our suicide then escaped to Argentina with the money
>>
>>54170073
>escaped
Guess it's past tense. Fuck
>>
>>54165474
1.3 is a later version than 1.9.9. The OP is wrong. The next version should be called 1.4.
>>
>>54169874
We've given up on the base game of Song of Swords and are pursuing a new demographic. Aria of Anglers, an intense simulationist fishing game with a comprehensive selection of locales, fish and tackle. Kickstarter begins in 2025 we expect to see the game in 2030.
>>
>>54171039
Bobby Carthage warned us this would happen, but we ignored him. Who will carry out Norwood's vision now?
>>
>>54171185
i'd

i'd play this

unironically
>>
>>54171185
resident drawfag Teaevoker actually finishes a comic about it
>>
>>54172033
You have to hand it to Teaevoker, despite being on permanent bedwarming duty for the captain onboard HMAS Canberra she manages to keep all four of her comics updated several times a week.
>>
>>54172033
Took me a second.
>>
>>54163204
What about in the void?
>>
>>54175029
Fireworks went out of fashion during CWII where all sides were convinced that they would need to ration explosives--with a few exceptions. Bazzock, the largest city in Desotia, holds an enormous fireworks display every night because after tallying in subsidies, it was actually cheaper than installing streetlights. It isn't called "The Sleepless City" just because they pour amphetamines into the water supply.

Whenever war comes around, the domestic fireworks industry is easily converted to missiles, bombs and cartridges. The fact that the city is dark as a pit in hell during wartime is actually a good thing. It makes air raids more difficult.

Chiron has historically been fond of fireworks during Ascension Day, because it is just about the most vulgar destruction of wealth possible. Bonfire of the Vanities style, the Autarch and his household traditionally walk around their (very large) estate and smash all of the stained glass windows with hammers on the holy day, along with the statues of their ancestors. Other nobles can't really compete with this feat of iconoclasm (much less pay to replace the artwork afterwards) but blowing up their money in the sky is about as close as they can get.
>>
File: Bane.jpg (63KB, 471x710px) Image search: [Google]
Bane.jpg
63KB, 471x710px
>>54175458
Dace: Nobody will ever be a more obnoxious stereotype of Americans than us.
Rahoo: Hold my beer.
>>
>>54175458
Sounds like a grand holiday. Does this mean there isn't a lot of ancient art in Chiron because they keep breaking it?
>>
File: 1483605576499.png (341KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483605576499.png
341KB, 1080x1080px
>>54176958
Chiron is special because it manages to make Space Hitler seem kind of sympathetic. He just wants to build big stupid superweapons but everyone keeps blowing them up before they can be completed.
>>
>>54164462
It's not really a generic focus, because mana spending is relatively conceptually involved. Giving them an unimaginitive focus isn't the same as giving them one that's conceptually simple and therefore coherent with a primitive evolutionary origin.
>>
>>54177101
Well, if by Space Hitler you mean Space Ferdinand Porsche, yes.
>>
File: 1408723519727.jpg (34KB, 360x515px) Image search: [Google]
1408723519727.jpg
34KB, 360x515px
>>54175458
>Bazzock, the largest city in Desotia, holds an enormous fireworks display every night because after tallying in subsidies, it was actually cheaper than installing streetlights
HOW
>>
>>54176958
>>54176958
I think it's just the ruler's art that gets smashed.
>>
>>54174532
I wonder if the comic would actually get updated if coffee was a girl. It seems to me that the drawfagettes have a near endless supply of motivation to draw.
No science to back that up, it's just what I see
>>
Jimmy tell us about the deepest mine of the Dwarves.
>>
Jimmy.
Why do the dark watchers attack civilization?

What realms/people have converted because of the solar kingdom model?

How do Dacians justify entering the Purple Guard?

If I swallow uncooked unprocessed kesh seeds, what happens?
>>
Jimmy what lives at the bottom of the sea where the magic is thickest?
>>
>>54182476
...Spongedin Squarepants?
>>
>>54182476
Despair. If you kill it, people will never be sad ever againi
>>
Jimmy, do Dwarves have an adversity to magic? Tell me about Dwarven witch hunters.
>>
Do O-dins know when an Oath is fullfilled / ended?
Like, if Eskarne manages to kill the last descendant of that guy, will she know it's over, or can she never be quite sure?
>>
>>54182476
Well, there is Zoph Escher's summer house.
>>
>>54169874
From the comment section of the KS, posted 10h ago
>Hi everyone! Just a quick note to say there is an update in the works! You can look forward to a post this weekend or sooner!
>>
>>54185707
>sooner
>soon
>>
This just in; in a rare bi-partisan movement Hillary "HER EMAILS THOUGH" Clinton and Mike "shoot the fruit" Pence have signed a rare and auspicious cease and desist letter to famed Elven Asshole enthusiast and PR Disaster Jimmy Rome. The letter consisted of several specific demands, ranging from cessation of illegal Elven eugenics progroms and unlawful importation of Slavic alcohols technicaly classified as military grade explosive.

The letter culminated in immediate orders to retire from politics, reading "Bruh, that's a bit fucking much" a quote wrtitten in addendum by human shitstain, Senator Chris Christie.

That is all for Thracian News at page 9. I'm Johhny Thrace and Carthage must be destroyed.
>>
>>54188439
Sun-addled Chris Christie
>>
>>54185707
Thank God.
>>
>>54184053
It depends on the caliber of the oath. In Eskarne's case, she would definitely know.
>>
>>54186814
And this is to go even further beyond soon.
>>
>>54183617
I don't think it's written anywhere but it'd make sense.
>>
>>54196455
No, that's boring. Then they're just like every other dwarf from fiction. If there's one thing about Jimmy's writing it's that his races are not THAT closely copied from the collective meme.
>>
>>54191052
>>54196763
Does the rare chance of rogue Fedarshin thaumaturgists tapping into The Call of the Deep?
>>
>>54196869
Sorry, it's late here.

Does the rare chance of rogue Fedarshin thaumaturgists tapping into whatever the fuck The Call of the Deep is pose a significant risk to Dwarven society?
>>
File: hero.png (794KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hero.png
794KB, 679x1000px
Stat me
>>
>>54188439
>illegal Elven eugenics progroms
I'm not sure whether it was 'pogroms' or 'programs' originally
>>
>>54197929
Quilted vest+skirt
asymmetrical leather vambrace
leahter boots
cloth everything else
Baselard?
>>
>>54197929
Nice knife. Looks like a quilted vest as well.
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (58KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
58KB, 680x661px
>>54185707
>Oh, you think promise of soon is your ally. But you merely adopted the wait; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the deadline until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but HOPEFUL.
>>
LFG European timezone
>>
File: 1415981978659.png (317KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1415981978659.png
317KB, 800x800px
>Preparing some monsters for upcoming campaign
>Lamia
>Harpy
>Medusa
>Drakaina

Fucking monster girls, I just wanted do add some greek mythology flavor
>>
So I'm having a hard time defining CP by ability here. How good is 15 CP? What about 20? How much should your average trained soldier or guard have, as opposed to a true world-class master or fencing champion?
>>
>>54201393
The Greeks were all about monster girls, even Scylla was female.
>>
>>54201560
10 CP was described to me as the minimum player character level of CP, as you can actually do things.
If the person is just a sleepy town guard, anything goes, but active duty probably drills 10 CP into recruits
>>
File: Zeppelin_Postkarte_1936_a.jpg (78KB, 1043x640px) Image search: [Google]
Zeppelin_Postkarte_1936_a.jpg
78KB, 1043x640px
IT WAS FRIDAY MORN WHEN WE SET ASSAIL
AND WE WERE NOT SO FAR FROM THE LAND
WHEN OUR CAPTAIN SHE SPIED A MERMAID SO FAIR
WITH HER COMB AND HER GLASS IN HER HAND

THEN UP SPOKE THE CAPTAIN OF OUR GALLANT SHIP
AND A PROUD OLD SAILOR WAS HE
THIS FISHY MERMAID HAS WARNED US OF OUR DOOM
WE WILL SINK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

THEN UP SPOKE THE MATE (LADS!) OF OUR GALLANT SHIP
AND A FINE STRAPPING MAN WAS HE (LAND HO!)
OH I HAVE A WIFE AT RAHOO BY THE SEA
AND TONIGHT A WIDOW SHE WILL BE

THEN UP SPOKE THE COOK (AHA!)
OF OUR GALLANT SHIP
AND A CRAZY OLD NAZI WAS HE (HEIL HITLER!)
I CARE MUCH MORE FOR ME MP44 THAN I DO FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

THEN THREE TIMES AROUND SPUN OUR VOIDSHIP
THEN THREE TIMES AROUND SPUN SHE
THEN THREE TIMES AROUND SPUN OUR VOIDSHIP
AND IT SANK--EXCEPT FOR WE LUCKY THREE!
>>
>>54202210
I would watch a movie about a female (?) captain a handsome first mate and a nazi cook surviving on a desert island fighting hordes of cannibals awaiting rescue after their airship crashed.
>>
File: Jimmu.jpg (44KB, 818x227px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmu.jpg
44KB, 818x227px
Jimmy is a treasure.
>>
>>54201560
The latest version buffed up CPs for everyone by about +4 dice, so maybe this isn't true anymore, but an average soldier should have around 14. A poor soldier will have around 10. If you get over 20 you're a real hardcore fighter. The best fighters in Vosca have over 30. As a PC you'll probably start in the 10-20 range.

As for what a CP or Bonus Success represents in reality? No one knows. It's an abstract measure of how good you are at fighting. If you try to think more deeply about it, you will run into a brick wall.
>>
File: The Taking of Tiger Mountain 2.png (178KB, 346x362px) Image search: [Google]
The Taking of Tiger Mountain 2.png
178KB, 346x362px
>>54202896
He needs a bigger fanbase.
>>
>>54175458
I love this, Desotia is now Disneyland for adults. How magical.
>>
Magic when?
>>
>>54208490
After naval combat but before Mixtape of Mecha
>>
>>54208609
I want MoM so much.
>>
>>54202896
He's wrong though. California specifically added cursive back into the new common core standards for the state.
>>
>>54211707
Can confirm, but Jimmy's in his late 20s, maybe it was true when he was in high school.
>>
>>54202210
I am nowhere near esoteric enough to get this reference.
>>
>>54211739
It was still in the basic curriculum in my school area, and I'm in my early 20's. It only left a few years after I left.
>>
>>54213473
I'm the same age as you. I went to university and half of the students in one of my classes did not learn how to write in cursive in grade school. These were 18, 19, 20 year olds.
>>
File: best general ever.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
best general ever.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
I hope if Jimmy and co. do a mass combat supplement one day it will be literally "Sun Tsu's Art of War: The TTRPG". With rules for the combat beginning from how you march and feed your men and shit.
Building ambushes.
Maneuvering your troops before they clash with opposing troops.
Planning the rotting of your opponents grain with rain.
Reinforcing losing lines, sending troops to flanks.
And most importantly: launching fire attacks.
>>
>>54213927
that would make it just like combat in the normal book. You have this major page count devoted to mechanics you'd be a fool to use in play.
>>
>>54214106
Well
I kinda feel like that would be the point of a mass combat supplement.
Also there's no combat mechanics in the core book that suck that bad I think?
>>
>>54214106
You don't like Song of Swords?
>>
>>54214132
It's not that they suck. If you're ever in a duel in SoS you fucked up.
>>
>>54214148
It's fun, so it doesn't matter. Just make a new character if you die.
>>
>>54214148
Just like if you actually fight in Art of War you fucked up
>>
>>54214148
The best thing to bring to a duel is a sniper.
>>
>>54213927
Well, there already is a mass combat supplement
>>
>>54215046
what?
an official one?
>>
>>54215077
yes, in the mega
https://mega.nz/#!utEGVSRZ!v24hyo7iOxidI7foCfr9LQv0nB5HFbV5ZEWYwGe72vM
>>
>>54215222
Needs more fire attacks/5
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.