[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k 8th Edition Dark Eldar Discussion What are we doing with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1391440732808.jpg (92KB, 900x667px) Image search: [Google]
1391440732808.jpg
92KB, 900x667px
40k 8th Edition Dark Eldar Discussion

What are we doing with our HQ's boys? They mostly don't fit in our transports with other units.

I was thinking of giving the succubus the movement buff and having her foot slog it. Archons I'm not sure, maybe try a court.
>>
How does assembling a Court of the Archon work in 8th? Do you just buy what you want and put them in 1 squad?
>>
>>54065262
maximum of 4 sslyth/medusa/... can accompany the Archon now (as a court)
>>
>>54065285
4 total max or 4 max of each?
>>
>>54065317
4 total and they're all independent characters
>>
>>54065371
How does that work with putting them in a single raider? They all just join up into a single squad?
>>
>>54065409
Transports don't have unit restrictions anymore.They are just separate units sharing a space onboard.

You should pickup the rulebooks from the general. You're asking very basic questions easily answered by a quick glance.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170627-090609.png (414KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170627-090609.png
414KB, 1280x720px
how do i kill pic related x3 ?
Not kidding, ots awfull.
We play on city district boards and he can trap me everytime.
I have 9 ravager, 15 venom 10 raider and a pretty much complete collection of everything.
>>
>>54064921
I've played a game yesterday with two unit of 9 wyches + 1 succubus, embarked in a raider.
There is no restriction about how much characters can be embarked with a unit in a vehicule (I may be wrong, but nothing forbids this in the rulebook). The rule states the number and type of models, and does not restrict to only one unit. --> but we may have made a mistake, this was my firts 8ed game

The raiders are far better now, and can act as secured transports (unless your opponent commits all his firepower on them). I mean, they can play the role they were intended for.
Disembark within 3", and THEN move your unit, and THEN charge, gives your wyches a plain 3"+ 8"+2D6" charge threat (on turn 2 you can reroll charge distance with power from pain)

To answer the question about HQ, I think Succubus (+2" move drug) are the way to go with wyches/incubi. Charge with the succbus from behind a wall, to deny overwatch, and then charge with your CC unit.

Blaster Archon, with Trueborn maybe. 4 blasters + 2 lances + 1 blaster (Archon), in a raider with dark lance.
Quite expensive, but really threatening at 18". with split fire for everyone, shoot 5 blasters somewhere, 2 lances somewhere else, and then shot the raider dark lance to finish off the job.

The fact that the Archon can only buff the court is very limitative...

Lelith seems to OK
Drazhar is still a CC beast, maybe I'll give him a chance one day, solo or with incubi.

Haemonculus / Urien are for coven armies, I don't play them usually so i can't give any advice
>>
>>54065456
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to buy one. I have taken a hiatus from 40k for a few years now and was interested in getting back
>>
>>54065460
Don't let him fight at close range with your infantry in order to deny its 5++
shoot at them with all your lances (D6 damage), and use your command points reroll to achieve the kill if necessary
it has 14 wounds so you can target it anytime

stats for 1 ravager:
3x 3+ to hit, 3+ to wound, no save, D6 dmg
3x 2/3 x 2/3 = 1,333 wounds
Rend -4, means no save, with an average 3-4 damage (use reroll command point if necessary), you can expect an average 4-5 damage per ravager.
With rerolls you can increase this easily to 5-6 or far more! (max being 18 wounds ...)
I may be wrong but you're not limited to one dice per turn, you can reroll several dice - not the same one - if you spend multiple cmd points.

just deny him the 5++
>>
>>54065542
>buy
Well, I guess you are buying those internet megabits.

mega:#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA!LtB3Fbab
>>
>>54065569
>>54065542
Woops. Silly mega.

https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA!LtB3Fbab
>>
>>54065472
You did the transports right. If you really wanted to you could cram 10 archons in one raider.
>>
Anyone got a bunch of raiders and venoms they want to sell off? I'm still up in the air on whether I want to get back into the game, mostly because of the price of rebuilding my DE.

Unpainted would be best, but I can strip paint
>>
>>54065560
You can use CP multiple times a turn but only once a phase, as well in matched play you can only use a stratagem once per turn
>>
File: Capture.png (774KB, 862x505px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
774KB, 862x505px
>>54065560
>>54065722
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.