[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game would you use to run a campaign inspired by Pic Related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: thesecretworld_logo.jpg (91KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
thesecretworld_logo.jpg
91KB, 1200x630px
What game would you use to run a campaign inspired by Pic Related?
>>
Unknown Armies
>>
Unknown Armies 2/3
>>
Unknown Armies
>>
>>54061393

Feng Shui 2nd Edition
>>
>>54063471
Feng Shui 1st Edition is better.

Or GURPS for a completely different take.
>>
>>54061428
>>54063459
>>54063464
Yessshh! Thanks for the charge.
>>
File: UA v3 Character sheet.gif (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
UA v3 Character sheet.gif
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>
>>54061393
Unkown Armies
>>
Hows the relaunch? Should I reinstall? I never got past New England zone 3
>>
>>54065128
I love the game and would certainly recommend the reinstall. After all, it is free to play now. You might want to wait some time though.

Its still buggy, many features from TSW are still not implemented and they have downtime on regular basis.

On the other hand, i haven't enjoyed exploring and fucking around as much as i do now in... long time.
>>
>>54061393
Unknown Armies would be the easiest to port it to directly.
NWoD Hunter could work as well if you're looking at having the players just be some schmucks working for whatever faction/subfaction you want instead of being Bee Blessed.
maybe.... 'MAYBE' Shadowrun 5e if you want to just throw out 99% of the 'ware and possibly the hacking rules. But otherwise does breed the kind of thinking that TSW styled games would benefit from.

Now each faction also would lend itself to a different style of game.
Templars would make for an easy campaign of "hunt down the monsters lair. Murder everything inside" and general DEUS VULT against 'Evil'.
Illuminati would be all about high stake corporate espionage, rigging elections, gathering political power and leveraging the Arcane to gain more power and control.
Dragon would be... shit nigga i don't even know. Make shit up, toss in some mystical BS and be prepared to say "just as planned" whenever your players figure out the 'grand plan' you've totally been working on for months that and most certainly wasn't just made up as you went along.
Phonecians be all like HEIST HEIST BABY. Also making black market deals with entities that totally aren't going to stab you in the back. Honest.
And lastly for Venice...well playing as enforcers/agents for Venice would basically be suicide in slow motion.
>>
World of Darkness can also work, but you probably have to limit it to very minor supernatural powers that the PCs can get, and file off some of the restrictions of the various books.

Hunter: the Vigil is probably the main source book, with minor additions from the other core 3 books of Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.