[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your custom Astartes chapters here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 59

File: sm.jpg (24KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
24KB, 400x500px
I'll start.
>Sacred Sentinels
>Progenitor Chapter - Imperial Fists
>Emblem - Shield with a rook symbol
>Color Scheme - white/light green
>Homeworld - Algastra, a temperate medieval world crowned by an immense castle in which the Sentinels reside
>Battlecry - "Only in death our watch ends, only in death our shields fall."
>Gimmick - Experts at phalanx tactics and sword-and-shield fighting. Have a specialized Terminator unit called Shield Brethren which has a huge plate shield that gives himself and his allies protection.
>>
>>54059413
Take the Knot
>>
Working on putting together a chapter of loyalist Night Lords. I'm thinking of going with some kind of spider emblem/theme, but I can't think of a good name. Colour scheme will probably be Night Lords blue with bone white helmets, pauldron trimming and details. Might throw some red in there somewhere, not sure yet.

I'd just play Carcharodons, since they're pretty much canon loyalist Night Lords, but I'm low on money and too autistic to play them without spending a shitload on Forgeworld MkV sets.

Any name ideas for Spider-Men?
>>
>>54060852
aranea? It's spider in latin according to google. Maybe google up different species of spiders' names and pick one that sounds good?
>>
>>54060852

are your spider men going to be red and blue?
>>
>>54060852

There are basically two ways to name space marine chapters.

The first is adjective noun combinations (space wolves, Imperial fists, Astral Claws, Sacred Sentinels etc) the second is just a simple verb convention (the ravagers, the reavers etc). you get some that are just simple nouns (Minotaurs) but those are rare. So pick a spider related noun that sounds good, and apply a sufficiently badd ass adjective.
>>
>>54060852
Dusk Raiders/Dusk Wardens, Shade Hawks, Moon Reavers, Star Weavers, Loom Breakers
>>
>>54060953
Dont forget "Xes of Y", the proud third option since Sons of Horus
>>
File: image.png (667KB, 1240x874px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
667KB, 1240x874px
>Lantern Bearers
>Progenitor - Salamanders
>Emplem - Flaming Bazier
>Colour Scheme - Coal Grey, with Red Gold Accents
>Home world - Fleet Based
>Gimmick - Using Alpha Legion-esq infiltration tactics the Lantern Bearers try to pre-emptively stop chaos uprisings by killing the heretics before they gain to much power.
>>
>>54060994
Shit, I like Star Weavers. Dusk Weavers or Night Weavers strikes me as a bit more sinister, though. I think I might go with one of those. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>54061050
>>54059413
>that feel when out of the two chapters post, one uses the same symbol as yours and the other uses the same color scheme
Fine taste gentlemen.
>>
>>54061006

True.
>>
File: Dawnbreakers.jpg (166KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dawnbreakers.jpg
166KB, 1080x720px
>>54059413
>Dawnbreakers
>Progenitors: Death Guard
>Emblem: Updated version of Dusk Raider livery
>Color Scheme: unpainted/gray and orange
>Homeworld: (I haven't named it yet, but it's a pretty uneventful place for the time being)
>Gimmick: Being anti-Mortarion and anti-Nurgle with a focus on medical and civilian support roles in combat and training an inordinate amount of apothecaries.
>>
>>54061358
That reminds me, are there any canon loyalists that are descended from traitor legions? It's something I've always thought about building my own chapter around.
>>
File: Scourge-Eagles.jpg (372KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge-Eagles.jpg
372KB, 2480x1748px
Scourge Eagles
Progenitor: Unknown; Chapter Established during the 21st Founding
Color Scheme: Charadon granite/Chainmail
Home World: Saer'rio

Fleet Based, favor Assault Troops and Bikes for Infiltration and Hit and Run attacks when planetside (Standard Issue Kit also includes Camo Cloaks for full Battle Brothers, some higher ranking Astartes even have camoline robes over their armor.), otherwise prefer Land Speeders, Stormeagles and Thunderhawks, although they truly shine most in fleet combat and boarding actions. The Scourge Eagles fortress monastery is a moon sized space hulk trapped in orbit of their home world.

A mutation haunts their Chapter, the geneseed slowly saps away the warp presence of these Astartes causing them to eventually become Blanks, though lacking the Pariah Gene. This has led to numerous alterations in Chapter composure leading to maintaining two extra Scout Companies, nearly six times the normal number of Apothecaries and four times the number of Chaplains. It is not known what has caused this mutation and many brother who eventually lose their presence are required to wear special gear to not disrupt the precious few Librarians within the Chapter or any allied psykers. This has also led to rumors of their souls joining the Legion of the Damned, possibly explaining the higher number of encounters the Scourge Eagles have had with these apparitions.
>>
>>54061858
Please note accents are Astronomican Gray, pipes in Boltgun Metal, adornments in Shining Gold; knee pads reserved for Company and Squad designations.
>>
>>54061746
There's the whole "Blood Ravens are descendants from the Thousand Sons" thing, but that's not really confirmed.
>>
I've been putting one together. They believe that their gene-seed gives the inheritor some of their progenitor's essence. So when a hero's gene seed passes to a new marine, he is taken and groomed to be a new leader figure to the chapter and is put through much harder training to "awaken his progenitor's spirit". They even use hypno-conditioning to help foster this, which sometimes ends up with the marine truly believing he is his progenitor. Once training is complete, he is then placed into a special unit called the Inheritors, made up of the decendants of heroes, past chapter masters, and the like.
>>
>>54060852
>Spider Theme

Orb Spinners
>>
>>54061858
>A mutation haunts their Chapter, the geneseed slowly saps away the warp presence of these Astartes causing them to eventually become Blanks, though lacking the Pariah Gene.

Ditch the snowflake and your fine
>>
>>54061746
None that are confirmed, only strongly hinted at. Blood Ravens and Thousand Sons, Carcharodons and Night Lords, etc. Not something the Imperium would want getting out.
>>
>>54062450

Let the man have his thing, it's far from the most ridiculous thing i've heard. All things considered it really isn't that bad.
>>
>>54062450
It's more there to give me a reason to field Legion of the Damned and help explain why I almost never use Librarians. Also tasty flavoring since they are a cursed founding Chapter and positioned near the Maelstrom. Honestly, I wish I could field more Apothecaries again like we could with the divergent rules from back in 3rd Edition. It wasn't really worth the extra 25pts to replace Sergeants, but it really made the Chapter my own, you know?
>>
>>54062899
It doesn't really make sense though. Blanks would kill the presence of the Legion because they're from the warp and a Blank Aura would disrupt their presence. Same thing with Librarians, you wouldn't just barely use them, you shouldn't be able to field them at all when all of your basic troops are basically causing them severe pain.

The other fluff is okay, it's just the blank thing that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>54063052
Most of 40K doesn't logically make sense. Besides the "special gear" is literally just the same kind of dampening device nonsense used in the Eisenhorn books. BL head cannon accepted, some fa/tg/uys head cannon accepted by that logic.
>>
>>54060852
The Edge Lords
>>
>>54061746
Everything is heavily implied but implied so hard that people just take it to canon.
>>
>>54063052
Yeah which is true. Theres a reason why there are a large number of Apothecaries, Chaplains and Scouts though. When a Battle Brother goes Blank, he gets the Emperors Peace.
>>
>>54061858
I actually have my own blank chapter I'm working on. The basic idea is that, through some geneseed fuckery by Cawl, he creates artificial blanks out of some Primaris marines. They wouldn't have any effect on gameplay, but I thought it could be the basis of some cool fluff.

>Higher rate of blank creation than natural blank births, but much slower recruitment than normal Space Marines.
>New marines have a high chance of going batshit insane after becoming blanks because they basically lost their souls (or connection to the warp), becoming homicidal or suicidal.
>Humans who have experience living around blanks are more likely to transition successfully without losing sanity.
>This has lead to the development of a unique method of recruitment, a human city built into the Chapter's spacefort. When on the station, marines of the chapter are expected to live in close proximity to the humans in the city. A not uncommon sight is for a Space Marine to teach classes in the local Scholas, so as to get children used to the presence of blanks.
>Despite this, chapter still maintains low numbers, and as such utilizes a specially formed auxiliary guard regiment that directly supports Space Marine operations. This provides the double benefit of also making more humans that are used to the presence of blanks, the youngest of the regiments being options for recruitment into the chapter.
>Chapter is the victim of a distressing number of friendly fire incidents with Imperial Guard, Ecclesiarcy, and even other SM chapters who mistake the blank aura for something Chaos related. Auxiliary forces have, out of necessity, become public representatives of the chapter to other Imperial factions.
>Chapter consequently has a strong relationship with the Sisters of Silence, since they, understandably, are one of the only Imperial factions that don't harbour an instinctive hatred of blanks.

That's what I got so far, basically blank SMs supported by auxiliaries, name and scheme TBD.
>>
File: some bs.png (1MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
some bs.png
1MB, 2480x1748px
Red Crusade. Basically just go off on some ridiculous crusade. Everybody dies on said crusade and then the whole crusade is replaced before heading back out.
>>
>>54063539
I'm feeling it. My Scourge Eagles have ended up having to take up a fair amount of auxiliary Guardsmen from Scout rejects and share part of the monastery with a small contingent of Sisters of Battle, but not Sisters of Silence. I did consider that for a while but that was more of a way to help them keep up the act like nothing was wrong and to somewhat distance themselves from the prying eyes of the Inquisition. Fortunately these problems and their fleet aptitude has gotten them on fairly good terms with the Mechanicus so the Scourge Eagles enjoy some small benefits of a well learned bunch of Techmarines and other armors since they don't have many suits Terminator armor.

Recruits come in, lose their souls over time, get a bolter round to the face when they finally lose their souls. The Chaplains are there to keep the Chapter faith (Literally just Imperial Truth from Big E's mouth) and morale strong with stories of their heroes.

How in depth are you going to try getting with your Primaris?
>>
File: 1498018379939.jpg (208KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
1498018379939.jpg
208KB, 1040x585px
>>54063785
>>
>>54063795
> How in depth are you going to try getting with your Primaris?
I'm already to the point where I'll need to use paste bin if I expand the fluff anymore. I'm going to sleep now, but I'll see if I can come up with a name and color scheme tomorrow along with some refined fluff.
>>
1. Blanks can't be Space Marines
2. If there was Gene-seed that turned people into Blanks, the Inquisition would be farming them
>>
>>54063952
Show us all where it is written that these scenarios can not possibly happen, in GW and/or BL published lore.

Pro Tip: You can't. Just because it isn't plausible doesn't mean it is impossible. That goes against the spirit of the game and you know it.
>>
File: WhoGivesAFuck.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WhoGivesAFuck.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>54063952
>>
I've brought up the idea of Buddhist Marines before and I'm trying to figure out what would be a cool idea for them.

One would be to have them have a lot of dreadnaughts as they see being intured in a dreadnaught as akin to monks who undergo the self mummification ritual or the other idea would be that their "scouts" are an active part of their fighting force being non codex compliant. Comapnies would be called Chambers and full fledged marines are expected to complete all of the chambers before given the chance to select one to become a full member of and take on disciples of their own.

And yes, a lot of their idea/aesthestic is inpsired by 36 Chambers of Kung Fu.
>>
Any Salamand-

>>54061050
Ma nigga.

Colors seem too much like a BA or DA successor chapter though.

Also where are you guys getting this Primaris Painter?
>>
>>54063090
>When a Battle Brother goes Blank, he gets the Emperors Peace.

Are you fucking kidding? Blank Marines would be an incredibly valuable resource.
>>
Argent Suns
Imperial Fists successor
Fleet Based
They specialize in armored spearheads
>>
File: Argent Sons.png (1MB, 2476x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Argent Sons.png
1MB, 2476x1748px
forgot pic
>>
>>54059413
Hey guys I am trying to come up with a colour scheme for Britmarines "Albion Reavers"

Any mock ups of potential schemes would be appreciated.
>>
File: 20170625_225230.jpg (2MB, 2094x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170625_225230.jpg
2MB, 2094x2080px
Void Knights

Arthurian, chivalrous & honourable, Imperial Fists successors
>>
>>54064145
Now that was a high quality webm
>>
>>54067476
That's a beautiful mini. Doesn't quite shout England to me and I'm apprehensive about having metallics as a base colour (don't have an airbrush)

I might do a test or end up using that as my base scheme then having a scot/Welsh/Irish theme for individual squads within the army.
>>
>>54066842
I know, but it's part of their Chapter and even their Home World culture. They can not risk detection by the Inquisition or any awareness outside of those brothers impacted by the mutation. If it were possible for Astartes to just go and retire, they would, but they can't. So it is the Emperors Peace or you're using McGuffins until you are actually dead. Some of them are convinced that they can earn their souls back by continuing to fight, some are convinced that they too must pass so that the Chapter may learn and study the mutation.

Besides this is also a Fleet based Chapter. It's kind of difficult to hide a dozen or so Blanks on a ship about to shift to Warp. The Navigators aren't bound by anything preventing them from speaking out about anything unusual. So between my fluff and narrative campaigns that I've been running since 3rd Edition, this is the present state of the Chapter and their culture.
>>
>>54068009
Think you're confused chap, I wasn't offering a scheme, just showing mine
>>
>>54069832
He's stealing it, anon
>>
No idea for a name. It's just a small kill team.
>>
File: Power Armor Wash.jpg (250KB, 1024x949px) Image search: [Google]
Power Armor Wash.jpg
250KB, 1024x949px
Bumping so I can reply to some of these without the thread falling off the board
>>
>>54064385
That could be pretty cool. Especially if they fightpunch to death all of the enemies of man.
>>
>>54075032
Is dual power fist an option? Dual powerfist and jump packs to get in quicker? I'm relatively clueless to 40k but the idea sounds cool
>>
>>54075076
You just described Angry Marines anon. You just left out the PowerFeet, Powerbaseballbat, Powerwrench, PowerFoldingchair etc. Oh and the Angry Marine Launcher.
>>
>>54075076
Probably want Lightning Claws instead.
>>
File: 1378992238867.jpg (204KB, 675x600px) Image search: [Google]
1378992238867.jpg
204KB, 675x600px
>>54076387
>>
>>54076438
AMEN BROTHER BALLKICKER!
>>
>>54059413
Needs some purple highlights.
>>
File: damn it.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
damn it.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>54076548
>>
File: Company Sergeant.jpg (41KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Company Sergeant.jpg
41KB, 400x500px
I've been playing around with a chapter called the Steel Spectres in my RPGs for a bit, but always in passing mention. Well recently I decided to actually fluff them out, so the color scheme is very much a 1st draft. (I'm mostly trying to decide if I want the gauntlets to designate company, or maybe add color to the pauldrons for that.)

But what I came up with is that they're an ancient Dark Angels successor (though no one knows how ancient, their first homeworld was lost and reliable records with it, but relics in their possession suggest reasonably so).
They're a terror force that specializes in heresy and secessions. Known primarily for the brutal retribution they bring down upon whole populaces. They're extremely secretive, and no one knows how exactly their chapter is structured, save for the fact that they have a large fleet (though the fleet is made up mostly of support ships, manufactorums and supply ships and such) and not all companies have such a support fleet.

Their composition is modelled similarly to their parents. They have a Deathwing (though they can't go full Terminator like the Deathwing always does), and Ravenguard, with ranks of secrecy. The 3rd Company always has half of the 1st and 2nd with them, and this force has a unique battle barge (not unlike a large Retribution) that serves it. This force is used almost exclusively to hunt the Fallen.
The 4th and 5th battle companies do more of the traditional wandering and looking for warzones with the back up from the reserve companies.
The 6th and 7th Tactical reserves however, often hover at the edge of systems that have not been visited by the Imperium in some time, or whose character may be suspect. They hover inside of augur range, as if to remind Planetary Governors that the Emperor is always watching (and of the brutal reputation of their chapter to traitors.)

That's pretty much all I got so far. I guess the next step is to decide what I want to do with their second, secret home
>>
I run the Immortal Judges. Burgundy/silver color scheme, Salamander successors. Home world is a mix of cultures, with vaguely Aztec, Persian, and Chinese groups being dominant over a bunch of tributary groups.

They're alchemy marines. Core belief is that the universe naturally tries to reach a balance between purity and impurity, and that's awful. Fortunately, there are ways to cheat. The Emperor is a perfected, pure being that can break the cycle and remove impurity permanently. Saints are pure, but can't break the cycle on their own.

You can move towards that perfected state through esoteric practices, like alchemy. The chapter has a bunch of temples, and they all teach different ones to their initiates.

At a slight heresy level, they have a feud with the Mechanicus, so they don't send techmarines to Mars for training. They did i themselves in secret. They also ordain some chapter serfs as tech priests (or hereteks to anyone in the Mechanicus) because the master of the forge is clearly high enough ranking to do that.

In a substitute for Salamanders honor branding, the marines weave their achievements and honors into capes that they wear into battle. I regret deciding on this before I realized how much of a pain sculpting capes onto minis is.
>>
File: Ghost Wolves.png (1MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Wolves.png
1MB, 2480x1748px
Ghost Wolves
Luna Wolves successor (thanks Cawl!)
Ultima Founding
Celtic Knotwork as campaign/honour markings
Considering using Tartan to denote Company designation
Fleet-based Chapter
Combat focus - Heavy Weapons, Tanks, and Dreadnoughts
>>
>>54063802
Swiss Marines? FOR THE GOLDEN TOBLERONE!
>>
>>54068672
It's just fucking dumb. There's no reason to execute them, there's nothing wrong with Blanks as far as the Imperium is concerned that would mandate execution.
>>
>>54077988
Seriously though where are you guys getting this Primaris painter?
>>
File: монгол орнамент.jpg (34KB, 362x568px) Image search: [Google]
монгол орнамент.jpg
34KB, 362x568px
>>54077988
>Tartan
>Not based mongol ornaments
I'm dissapoint.
>>
File: Brother Initiate in Training.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Brother Initiate in Training.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>54075032

I was thinking more Power Daos and Glaives mixed in with shotguns and bolt pistols for the initiaties
>>
File: SpaceMarineHeraldryCardA5.jpg (94KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceMarineHeraldryCardA5.jpg
94KB, 640x451px
>>54078287
One of the old threads had a blank .png at the top of the page. This one's close.
>>
>>54078350
Those are badass! If I had a steadier hand I'd give it a shot.
>>
File: ornamente_k200.jpg (15KB, 296x350px) Image search: [Google]
ornamente_k200.jpg
15KB, 296x350px
>>54078394
These seem to be less complex.
ACKHSHUALLY, just check these out
https://ru.pinterest.com/milana4758/mongolian-ornament-and-pattern/?lp=true
>>
Star Paladins
50 loyal Terran word bearers and five custodes stranded on a planet without an astropath before Lorgar entered the eye of terror along with newer word bearers. At the point the legion goes fully to chaos the newer word bearers are overcome and attack the custodes killing four of them but the Terran marines fight back and kill them. They remain on the planet for some years well into the heresy but when retrieved the custodes vouches for them and they are allowed to live while all records of their origins are scrubbed.

eventually formed into a chapter their geneseed is drawn from different chapters and is stable without significant defect, their gimmick is they aren't very aggressive tending to be quite reasonable and spend most of their time around their home world guarding an inquisition prison moon but they are always cursed to suffer some disaster reducing their number back down to 50

They have a more sensible strategic disposition with the basic task force element being 50 mixed troops in a gladius led by a lieutenant, 100 in a sword led by a captain and 300 in a lance led by a cohort captain. A full lance is always stationed on their home world, a verdant forest moon orbiting a nuked feral world they draw recruits from also orbited by the cold and dark inquisition prison moon.
>>
>>54072351
What about the Totally Tropical troopers or the Bongo Boys?
>>
>>54078248
It wasn't like that originally, rather it is something that has occurred through their evolution through the editions and a lot of narrative campaigns. This is what my play group has ultimately ended up creating as these guys have been one of, if not the last, standing at the end of our narratives. It's just a story to tell, you don't need to take it so damn seriously. Besides it's not like this impacts them gamewise outside of our narratives.

Ultimately, this a Cursed Founding Chapter that has had the Inquisition breathing down their neck on more than one occasion and threatened on numerous occasions by an unchecked mutation, disastrous results in standing fights and very open threats from the Ordos Malleus and Hereticus.

You don't have to like how the stories have caused this, but this is just a stepping stone for the path they walk. There's a storm brewing and there is going to be a huge impact on these guys once our new narrative campaign drops. Personally, I'm looking forwards to stopping the "sacrifice for the Chapter" approach with the end of this campaign.
>>
you let others tell you how to play???
>>
>>54079421
No. These campaigns have impacted all players involved. This is how my Hive Fleet has grown and changed over time. This is how my IG have grown. This is how my friends Chaos, Daemons, Renegades, DE, Necrons, Orks, Witch Hunters, Grey Knights and even Eldar and Tau armies have all grown. Each circulated around these stories from these campaigns.
>>
File: American Marine.jpg (450KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
American Marine.jpg
450KB, 768x1024px
Eagles of Liberty (Working Title)
Homeworld: Home of the Brave
Progenitor: Teddy Roosevelt, the secret second Primarch
Emblem: American Flag/Eagle
Motto: Freeeeeeeeddddddddoooooooommmm
Gimmick : Shock & Awe
>>
>>54079448

Pardon me but would you mind sharing with a newwe player how to have a narrative campaign with your buddies? I enjoy the game but a narrative campaign would make it so much better than kust meaningless pickup games. How do you do it?
>>
>>54064134
It's stated in one of the 30k novels that blanks attempting to become Space Marines fail, every time. Space Marines have literal warpstuff in them. Furthermore, you can't BECOME a blank. You are born without a soul or you are born with a soul. Finally, the Inquisition would again, be farming these individuals and not letting them run loose

YOUR stupid snowflake bullshit is whats going against the spirit of the game. Your autism is wrong, and you need to neck yourself, you sanic oc donut steel teenager
>>
>>54079943
Oh good, you're back again. Still Patriotic as fuck I see.
>>
>>54064385
Buddhist Space Marines are an idea i've had as well, i've got their paint job saved at home. Mine were loyalist wordbearers/geneseed who seek to eliminate ego, attachment, and the self from their thoughts to overcome chaos, and believe the Emperor is just meditating on the Golden Throne and when he reaches enlightenment he will help all of humanity transcend physicality.
>>
File: SlicingObrs.jpg (37KB, 988x204px) Image search: [Google]
SlicingObrs.jpg
37KB, 988x204px
>>54062431
Already taken by the Eldar.
>>
>>54080129
thin your paints
>>
>>54080079
ANALLY ANNIHILATED

Seems that his reasoning is that the chapter is a Cursed Founding victim which played dangerous, fast and loose with all of the rules and the end results were endless. Look at what happens to all of the other chapters of marines and suddenly this doesn't seem unreasonable for a mutation in gene-seed to rob a chapter of librarians and slowly severe the souls connection from the body and the warp.

You should calm down, that level of rectal ruination can't be good for your health. It's an interesting take on what happened to chapters from the 21st Founding, not established cannon. There's no need to get so upset over other players having fun.
>>
File: Space Marine.jpg (417KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine.jpg
417KB, 768x1024px
Knights of the Blood Hawk

Homeworld: Voidship Fleet Thunderous
Progenitor: Unknown, Primaris
Emblem: Red Hawk
Motto: (No clue)
Gimmick: All Initiates are defendants of Space Marines & they wear their families heraldry on the left shoulder. Strong ties to the Mechanicus that travel with them, as they reconquer worlds lost when the galaxy went dark. Above average number of pskyers. They favor jump packs & firepower
>>
>>54080103
Just thought I'd reshare for a chuckle.
>Patriotic as fuck
Perhaps I'll steal that for their motto
>>
>>54080021
That depends A LOT on how far you want to go. Typically a good narrative campaign is a group of players handling games according to how certain conditions/flags/triggers are met.

The ones I get into are VERY detailed because we've all been playing in the 40K setting since the 90's.

A good starter Narrative is a handful of battle scenarios tied into one another, rewarding certain objectives met or victories won with a little something extra like a +1 bonus to seizing initiative, choosing the next battle scenario and conditions and special rules that might apply to armies involved. Just go out there and get creative!

With 8th Edition it's not as black and white and laid out for narrative campaigns but they are still totally viable. Maybe you're Astra Militarum trying to hold off a surprise assault from some Orks? Okay, call it a 1,500pt game. Well it's your home turf so you get a little extra cover, some fortifications or even a free unit or two to represent the standing forces in that area, meanwhile give the Ork player a free unit of Lootas or Tankbustas or Flash Gits to help over come this sudden obstacle.

Just get your creativity flowing and toss around a little bonus here and there. Chain battles together slowly and mix that up with some good old fashioned DM/GM narrative and world building elbow grease. Suddenly your desperate defense turned out to be the opening shots of an incoming WAAAGH! and you find yourself with detachments of Astartes, some Knights, an old Titan is roused back into life and even unlikely allies in form of Eldar. I recommend just reading the core rules for starters and try getting some ideas from there. After that start threads for feedback and even more ideas. /tg/ is a great think tank!

>>54080079
As for you, adjust your bust, lest it combusts. It's just old narrative and that is open for retcon at any time. Will I? Probably not because it makes for an entertaining topic. Your dramatic overreaction isn't needed.
>>
>>54080079
Okay. Eisenhorn/Ravenor had a Blank who burnt out and gained a "soul". Why isn't this a two-way street?
>>
>>54078772
I'm digging the bongo boys
>>
>>54080197
>There's no need to get so upset over other players having fun.

it is if their fun is wrong

God fucking damnit, everyone is a fucking perpetual, or a fucking blank, or a pyschic hive mind even though these things were supposed to always be insanely rare. Perpetuals shouldn't even be a thing! But instead we have terrible writers who started out as terrible fans (at best, at worst drek for hire that doesn't even know the property) taking a shit on a plate and everyone calls it fun

Your fun is poisonous fun. It decreases other peoples fun. You demean, recede, and denigrate what little value the IP has left with your buttfuckery
>>
Chapter Name: Ethereal Sons (name pending)

Progenitor: Dark Angels

Emblem: None yet

Colors: Light blue and white (pending)

Homeworld: Fortress Monastery

Battlecry: "Breath Deep! The Winds of Terra Bring Us To Battle!"

Gene Seed Mutation: Can only breath a very specific air composition mirroring the air composition of Terra

Gimmick: Airborne attacks and small unit tactics
>>
>>54080592
So your argument is that you think that this flavor is an abused trope that has undermined the core and integrity of a universe where literally anything can happen for any given reason with barely half-assed excuses for that rationale?

How badly has the Fall of Cadia, Gullimans Return, Primaris, the bullshit that happened with Hive Fleet Leviathan at Baal and before all of these the Newcron revisions trigger you as well?

The guy is part of a playgroup that openly does narrative campaigns and is self contained. Hell he even straight up says that his dudes are open for retconning and he even hopes for a chance to change some of the things about his chapter.

But no anon, you're a manchild with a shitlord-tier temper tantrum here, screaming foul but not presenting a valid argument outside of vast generalizations and simply insisting that "Everyones doing thing and it is cancer because I say so!", when the evidence (Or lack thereof...) doesn't support this.

It's a big galaxy, explainable and arbitrary bullshit happens all the time. Take your qq elsewhere you cranial cripple.
>>
File: primaris fillable better.png (953KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
primaris fillable better.png
953KB, 2480x1748px
>>54078287
>>54078363
>>
File: color scheme.png (208KB, 1241x1739px) Image search: [Google]
color scheme.png
208KB, 1241x1739px
>>54081794

That template works really quite well. Makes me wanna make marines.
>>
>>54080121

What a coincience because Mine were also of Wordbearer stock as well

Although I havn't really pinned down there history their gimmick aside from being CQC masters who perfer droppods is that the organ that causes them to go into suspended animation can cause them to go into a super meditiative state. The Chapter Master is currently in such a state himself being a Psyker who is in super meditation mode but he'll be carried into combat on his throne via two Dreadnaughts so he can participate in combat sometimes but the Chapter as a whole is ran by the 4 Wisdom Kings ( An Apothecary, A librarian, a Chaplain, and an Ordained which is their version of a Veteran Tactical)

Pretty much all of them would look like pic related wearing the robes over their armor
>>
>>54061358
>Plague Doctors
I love you and I want too kiss you.
>>
Hey guys Im making a chapter but I need some help Im making a chapter that is a combination of Space Marines and Sister of Battle. I wanted it to be founded by a space marine who was saved by a sister who was slain, and figured the sisters of battle would join as well as she would be held as a former living saint.

The research I did found nothing to support or go against the possibility of this being a thing but I would like to ask for your opinions. I wanted a monastery feel for their off hours with a Victorian theme. I have some ideas for fluff but want to get a opinion first before proceeding.
>>
File: ch1v3.png (27KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
ch1v3.png
27KB, 201x281px
I have two that I didn't really flesh out, at all. I mean it, they're even nameless.

This one used to be fleet based chapter searching for a planet they can take as their homeplanet, they did find one after searching for a long time.

However it was a tomb world.
>>
File: ch2.png (28KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
ch2.png
28KB, 201x281px
>>54083881
They decided to fuck them however and they're not giving up this one.

So after going in for a full planet and full companies, they come back with half of first company and half of chapter master remaining as well as half of the planet being turned into sheer glass. But they did manage to beat the tomb, even if it was minor one.

Now, after repainting and renaming themselves, they have EXTREME HATE BONER for necrons.
>>
>>54083247

Speaking as a sisters player this is somewhat put there. Technically I could understand having an order of sisters that was subservient or atraced to a marine chapter, but it would be a little out there since there is lore that implies they don't really trust space marines as a rule. Still an order could theoretically be closer to an marine chapter than normal. Maybe the marines influeneed the founding of the order. I've heard crazier. I personally wouldn't bat an eye, though there are some purists who might.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (50KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
50KB, 400x500px
>>54059413
The Crusaders of Dorn are an Imperial Fists successor specializing in close combat tactics.
>For millennium, the chapter has been tasked with the pretection of the desert world of Lemabeth, for within the fortress-capital resides a powerful artefact said to be touched by the emperor himself.
>The world has been striken with the chaos and destruction of the great rift, and yet the Crusaders of Dorn endure, hacking and slashing against the waves of heretic monstrosities that assault the holy city.
>With them fights a minor order of Adeptus Sororitas, the Order of Orlenius, and a Knight House, the House Teuton.
>May or may not actually originate from a loyalist company of Iron Warriors that was far across the galaxy when the heresy occured, with the biggest clue being an ancient dreadnought warrior that utilizes chassis elements of an Iron Circle Automata and is eerily silent during combat
>>
>>54061358
I recommend using Red Scorpions chapter tactics for lods of apothecaries
>>
>>54078019
You mean danish marines?
>>
File: HeraldsfOfDorn.jpg (40KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
HeraldsfOfDorn.jpg
40KB, 400x500px
>>54083247

>I found nothing to support or go against having a space marine chapter comprised of equal parts Adeptus Astartes and Adeptus Sororitas.

ARE YOU TESTING ME SATAN?

Chapter name: Heralds of Dorn
Primarch: Rogal Dorn

The idea is a byzantine styled/influenced fleet based chapter specializing in rapid response.
So I'm forgoing tracked vehicles entirely.
Originally I was going to call them "Heralds of Terra" but I thought it was a bit too mary sue.
>>
File: `.png (772KB, 545x817px) Image search: [Google]
`.png
772KB, 545x817px
gonna derail since /wip/ is dead, any idea how to paint the ultrasmurfs white head on chaos black primer?
>>
File: Cyclops.png (1MB, 1736x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops.png
1MB, 1736x1224px
Cyclops Chapter

-Ultramarines Geneseed (founded from the Praetors of Orpheus, late M39)
-Homeword of Cyon (home sub sector just on the southern border of the Tau Empire)
-Pretty standard codex chapter but with strong links to the ad mech, likes to work as closely as possible with other chapters and imperial organizations
>>
>>54084176

Celestian grey to ulthuan grey highlight with white of your choice.
>>
>>54084152
Can't say I think much of their color scheme. A white tabard would go a long way.
>>
>>54078019
>>54084173
You mean malta marines
>>
>>54084599
L-AHJAR MARINES
>>
File: 1497904963629.jpg (304KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1497904963629.jpg
304KB, 1111x1111px
Defenders of Ciorte

A space marine chapter tasked with guarding an Imperial Ringworld at the edge of the Ghoul Stars. They are ultramarine successors, from the Ultramarines 4th company to me precise.

I don't have much more than that since I have just started collecting marines. Pic related is the the first (and only) space marine model I own and have painted
>>
File: triskelion.png (52KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
triskelion.png
52KB, 641x600px
I had a concept for one recently, looking for feedback.

Thousand Kings/Sky Seeds

Based on a planet several times bigger than Earth but with a slightly lower gravity thanks to its hollow core, the astartes chapter recorded as the Thousand Kings within Imperial records maintain a floating sky monastery high above the planet. All across the world are scattered numerous small tribes of humans, presumably leftovers from widely-scattered escape pods abandoning a Dark Age colony ship.

The final rite of passage to become a fully fledged Astartes within the Kings is to locate a human village on the surface that has yet to know the touch of the Imperium and drop from the floating monastery into their midst. From there, he establishes himself as the leader, and teaches these settlers how to improve themselves, teaches better agriculture, gives them proper governance and, of course, educates them on the Holy Truth of the God-Emperor. In turn, the astartes is intended to learn care for his lesser man, the importance of benevolent rule, to mete out justice fairly but firmly, and foment a connection to the mortal world. When his time with the tribe comes to an end, he selects a single promising youth and returns home to his brothers in the sky, to begin the process anew.

Due to an unusual mutation in their geneseed, the Thousand Kings are all low-level psykers, generally with only a single ability: they can pinpoint men who will become astartes with startling accuracy. Among all Space Marine chapters only the Kings can boast a 98% geneseed acceptance rate, a convenient quirk for their chapter culture.

Because of the method of arrival, the natives think of the Astartes as literal angels, and from their nurturing touch comes the local name "Sky Seeds." The chapter itself uses its two names interchangeably, or perhaps with subtly different meanings lost on outsiders, but they bear both as badges of pride.
>>
>>54084729

This is actually pretty cool. Only issue I can see is that sooner or latter they would run out of tribes to uplift that haven't heard the word of the emperor.
>>
>>54084051
I was hoping that the distrust would be put aside as they both in a way share a Saint, the Sister that saved the space marine that founded the chapter. I was thinking of having a holy trinity in a way by having the space marines be successors of the blood angels so you get a Father, son and holy spirit thing going.
>>
File: TestScheme.png (83KB, 1183x1619px) Image search: [Google]
TestScheme.png
83KB, 1183x1619px
Still in the middle of making/painting stuff so no actual finished models yet but here's what I'm thinking for mine (i'm not massively up to date on 40k fluff so if anything doesn't make sense please let me know).
Perditions Vigil (name subject to change) are an Exorcists successor chapter founded after a warp rift opened and hordes of demons attacked an imperial research station. A few Exorcists happend to be in the area and attempted to clear said base, one lone marine survived the incident and a new chapter, with this marine as master, based nearby was founded to prevent any further incidents.
>>
>>54085094
I don't see why this wouldn't work. It can also give you room to get some skitarii and Admech models to be the researcher and his/hers retinue of Skitarii.
>>
File: marine.jpg (124KB, 789x720px) Image search: [Google]
marine.jpg
124KB, 789x720px
>>54085094
pic of the one model I've almost got finished for them.
>>54085107
That's cool, Admech/Skitari weren't an actual faction when I last played 40k but those models look sweet, i'll definitely be doing this.
It's not too snowflakey to be an Exorcists successor chapter is it? I know canonically they don't actually have any but I figure it's a big galaxy and it fits the theme pretty well.
>>
>>54085146

Dude, who gives a shit. If you like it, go for it, and damned be the opinions of the faggots who try to keep others from having fun because their hearts and minds are too shriveled up with hate for them to have any themselves.

The paint job is awesome by the way. I like.
>>
>>54079943
Christ that is an insult to the eyes.
And I'm an American.
>>
File: IMG_1811.jpg (80KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1811.jpg
80KB, 550x778px
>>54085146
By the way, if you want to write fluff for you dudes, I have a small tips; use google docs, so you can write it easily either at your computer or on your phone when you get a cool idea. And it also makes it easier to share. Keep up your awesome work Anon, I really dig that model, how did you do the red by the way? It looks so nice and clean.
>>
>>54084656
I remember you posting this a while back. I'd say subdue the colour scheme a bit, it's very busy. Quartered armour looks cool, but you don't have to paint each panel an alternating colour. Have a look at the Howling Griffon's scheme for a cool way to do it. Welcome to the hobby!
>>
>>54085198

I'm pretty sure it was made to be as offensive to the eyes as possible in an attempt to offend American's actually. You could do much more tasteful things than that with red white and blue, he just made a mess of it on purpose to be an ass. I think.
>>
>tfw you don't have the time, energy, or painting skills to make a custom chapter so you just play an obscure canon chapter instead
>tfw you've never seen anyone play them, they've only got a handful of named characters so they're still /yourdudes/

Keep at it you crazy bastards.
>>
>>54085232
Thanks for the helpful advice, and I consider that just a test model, for the future marines I am planning to get I am thinking of doing a 50/50 split between the blue and green going down the middle. And I have been in the hobby before, but this is the first time I a getting into marines. So they are completely new for me to build and paint
>>
>>54084599
That's not a Maltese Cross.
>>
>>54085277
A 50/50 split is a good way of doing it. What army did you play before marines?
>>
>>54085218
>how did you do the red by the way? It looks so nice and clean.
Thanks, I used a base of Mephiston red, carroburg crimson wash, Mephiston again and added a bit of troll slayer orange.
Also lots of thin layers
>>
File: IMG_2060.png (402KB, 871x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2060.png
402KB, 871x960px
>>54085293
Tau. And I still play them, I just have gotten enough Tau and want to dip my toes into a new factions
>>
>>54085305
>added a bit of troll slayer orange
Did you mix it into one of the red layers or did you paint it on separately after the red and the washes?
>>
>>54085368
It was mixed in with the red after I'd washed the armour. It's too bright to use on its own
>>
>>54085397
Ok, and I hope this isn't much to ask, but can you give me a step my step guide on how you made the red?
>>
>>54067476
So Imperial Fists successors with an Iron Warriors paint scheme? Seems a bit wonky to me.
>>
>>54080592
Well it's a good thing that you don't get to dictate how I spend my money in the hobby or that you're part of a play group of 20 players who're there to enjoy stories.

If you have a problem with this, what was your reaction to the Daemonhost Zoanthrope from "The All Guardsmen Party"?
>>
>>54080230
No arguments here, take it! Just remember to spam those missile launchers at all opportunities.
>>
File: sm.jpg (24KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
24KB, 400x500px
Star Forged. Sons of Vulkan and strongly believes that the Promethean Cult should spread on every human in the galaxy. This have garnered them the ire of Ecclesiarchy in more than one occasion. But their dedication in purging the enemy of and mankind and their altruistic views saves them from the worst.

Symbol is a Golden star with a grey anvil.
Fleet based Salamanders descendants, fighting with 10 full companies with a penchant for sudden overwhelming deep-strikes using plasma, flamer and melta weaponries.
Their battlecry is "Forge the Future"
>>
File: 20161016_160043.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_160043.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>54084656
Motherfucker, I came up with that colour scheme years ago. Back before I quit.

patrician taste
>>
>>54084791
It's true. That's why I went for the EXTRA WIDE planet, to kinda forestall that outcome and make it reasonable that this setup could work over long periods of time. Still, in the now, the Kings' culture is safe.
>>
>>54085198
>>54085235
You shut the FUCK up. The Eagles of Liberty are a blessing.
>>
Damn, all the hate in this thread. You see butthurt from marines who went blank, people dissing on the United Astartes of America...

Gonna need some popcorn and fries to put all this salt on.
>>
Mine are named Steel Warlords.

Essentially what if Iron Hands were less jerkass (as in jerks with hearts of gold...both figuratively and maybe literally), wouldn't abandon their allies if they saw weakness in them, and would actually go the extra length to save civilians (only to put them through a training regime so that in case they or other Imperials wouldn't be around to save them).

The Steel Warlords also, apart of having friendly relationships with the AdMech, are also bros with the IG (and will loan them their brothers as training instructors and tactical advisors). They treat the Codex as a big book of advice, yet will utilize their own flavor of improvisation and pragmatism along with extreme data processing combined with complete emotional control. Instead of purging their emotions, they rather want to control them and be masters of them.

They take the teachings of Ferrus Manus, those on self-improvement, seriously and always try to go beyond their limits. This, combined with the above, makes them pretty lethal.

Their homeworld is Krietos (a fortress world turned agri world) which also has bizarre tech mixed with stuff that da Vinci would've come up with while drunk. And their training world is Tiesto, which is Krietos's sister planet (and which is a jungle world with some lethal fauna and flora).

Have a lot of tech-artifacts and a shitload of MK. IV Maximus Armors, as well as Tartaros Armors.
>>
File: StormShikari.png (927KB, 1240x874px) Image search: [Google]
StormShikari.png
927KB, 1240x874px
Storm Shikari - White Scars Successors.
[My attempt of trying to make an interesting White Scars chapter.]

They're a fleet based chapter who do two things.
Crusade and Hunt, an emphasis on the later.

As a fleet based chapter they do not stick to one system for very long, choosing to purge xenos and continue along the merry path, for they are the oncoming storm.

Nothing deters this course, regardless of what the next system may hold with a single exception, the promise of a "Hunt." A target so notable that the chapter take notice.

Trophies of Ork Warbosses, Tyranid forms and Dark Eldar Archons decorate the trophy room of the Shikari's Battle Barge; The Eye of the Storm, although other ships are decorated in similar fashion to honour their resident company.
Smaller trophies are used to honour a marine, when a marine is promoted to Sargeant he is instructed to make planetfall with a large white stag and is ordered to hunt it after it is given three days headstart, its antlers will be harvested and attached to the marines helm.

The Shikari's have 9 Companies due to their unique method of training scouts and their use in recon.
The 7th, 8th and 9th are responsible for training the chapters initiates, the responsibility being split equally amongst the three, allowing their new brothers to soak in valuable knowledge from their seniors.
The three are deployed ahead of the fleet, providing vital recon and the initial strike against the foes they might come across within a system.

Although initially this doesn't sound like a very "scars" tactic, this is only to allow them to strike their enemies at full force when the remaining six companies join them.

Basically, Black Templars meet White Scars and a little Raven Guard.
>>
>>54085235
>>54085198

Hey, now. In all seriousness I wasn't trying to make it offensive. I think it looks okay, I threw it together one night for a laugh to show a friend. If you want to do better I'm not going to stop you. More America vibe marines would be cool
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (101KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
101KB, 400x500px
>>54059413
Ferrum Sacerdotes
Progenitor Chapter - Unknown (Grey Knights maybe idk yet)
>>
>>54078486
May get the FW transfer sheet for wolves as it includes some great celtic-style transfer. Has anyone used any of the FW sheets and are they worth the premium?
>>
>>54072351
the berry eaters

they stalk the jungle for berries and shove them into their rebreathers
>>
File: IMG_1384.jpg (32KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1384.jpg
32KB, 400x500px
Storm Fists
>Progenitor: Imperial Fists
>Homeworld: Tempestade. An arid Death World constantly wracked by massive lightning and thunderstorms. Locals mostly must live underground, so their settlements won't be stricken down by storms. Fortress Monastery is one of the only standing buildings on the surface. Aspirants must stand outside the gates of the Chapter Fortress for three days and nights, fearlessly weathering the elements. Being the highest object for miles, it draws in lightning strikes, frequently killing would be neophytes to the Chapter. Once they pass, they are found worthy to undergo the rites and trials to become an Astartes.

In battle, they favor speed and range, hammering the enemy with entrenched Devastators, while Land Speeders and aerial units dart in to finish the foe. Storm Shields are common in the Chapter, seen as a badge of honor. Currently, they are en route to Konor, upon reports of an imminent chaos incursion.

Ignore the splotchy color scheme. Doing that shit on a phone is a bitch. Blue armor, yellow pauldrons, black trim. You get the idea.
>>
File: Lions Militant Plasma Cannon.png (36KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Lions Militant Plasma Cannon.png
36KB, 201x281px
>Lions Militant
>Progenitor Chapter - Dark Angels
>Emblem - Skull and wing heraldry with the left wing inverted.
>Color Scheme - bone with green/grey accents
>Homeworld - Tobath, a feral world with ingrained tribal traditions, the Lions harvest the fallen warriors of different tribes and take them to their fortress monastery on the moon.
>Battlecry - "In the name of Caliban, we are the Lion's fury!"
>Gimmick - Ravenwing assaults with long range suppressing fire.
>>
File: Varian_Wrynn_TCG.jpg (131KB, 625x700px) Image search: [Google]
Varian_Wrynn_TCG.jpg
131KB, 625x700px
>>54077988
Lo'Gosh?
>>
>>54094724
Thoughts on the description of the emblem? I wanted to do something fairly original but I want to be able to freehand it,
>>
>>54094787

Sounds good enough, you could even drop the skull and just have the wings to make it a bit more unique.
>>
>>54093685
if they're a grey knights succesor do they have anything interesting going for them?
>>
>>54094770
Not a WoW guy, had to google that. Felt it appropriate as a luna wolves successor. Reviving the legion in a way, hence the ghost theme. I also love painting white.
>>
>>54077063
Adding on to these guys to bump the thread. I did have an idea of what to do with the homeworld, and give a possible explanation for lots of relics besides being old. I'm thinking on their new homeworld they uncovered a Great Crusade era cache of weapons belonging to one of the Legions. Thus the relics. It's another secret of theirs though because when they found the cache, they started whistling nonchalantly while filing off the Emperor's Children iconography.

I'm thinking of getting a couple Emperor's Children HH models from FW (the swords and the contemptor) and doing exactly that, defacing or entirely removing the Emperor's Children heraldry while keeping, say, their relatively unique aquila design. Might be interesting to see how many people catch on without being told at the shop.
>>
File: 1282133552304.jpg (77KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1282133552304.jpg
77KB, 1024x512px
bumping for all this delicious OC
>>
Black Dogs
Progenitor- Ultramarines
Emblem- stylized cog mechancius surrounded by swept aquila wings
Color scheme- Black with white trim/details
Homeworld- Keep 2 squads of of veterans and high command staff with allied rogue trader at all times.They provide tactical, logistical, and strategic advice and help to manage and develop the worlds in the dynasty.
Battlecry- For Humanity and Him on earth!
Gimmick- Maintain eight battle companies each assigned a squad of veterans and scout support. They maintain many apothecaries and carry large amounts of additional ammunition. Every battle company is cycled through strategic deployments with the Mechanicus, their Rogue Trader, the Inquisition, Sisters of Battle, Imperial Guard, and three other Space Marine chapters. After roughly twenty years time, they return to the dynasty teach the other marines what they learned and then cycle deployments. Deployed marines learn all they can from those they are assigned to and assist them with tactical and strategic planing and special operations. Because of the wide variety of allies they serve beside, the Black Dogs have developed a intense respect for mortal humans and a cooperative attitude toward other imperial forces.
Recruitment- some veterans, honor guard, techmarines, chaplains, and the 10th company captain are assigned to train promising recruits drawn from all over the dynasty, the best of which are selected for initiation into the chapter and many of which will go on to serve one of the chapters many allies. Women who excel well enough to become a space marine are given a chapter badge and sent to the sisters of battle. These warriors are well respected by the dynasty at large and are considered to be honorary members of the chapter.

Anything too mary sue about this chapter?
>>
>>54085146
I really like how this has turned out. What colors did you use for the greys and reds? The red is super bright.
>>
I'll give it one more bump as 'Murica wakes up.
>>
>>54059447
>>
I hope this thread is still up when I get home, I always forget my oc donut steel is on my laptop
>>
>>54101765
You heard anon! Everybody bump!
>>
File: IronDeadDreadnought.png (128KB, 1519x1336px) Image search: [Google]
IronDeadDreadnought.png
128KB, 1519x1336px
>The Iron Dead
>Progenitor Chapter - Iron Fists
>Emblem - Casket with a skull in the center
>Color Scheme - Iron, Gunmetal Grey and Rusted Red
>Chapter Motto - Mors ultra servitium
>Homeworld - Fleet Based
>Gimmick - A majority of the battle brothers of the chapter are interred in Dreadnoughts due to a chapter-wide mutation affecting the progenoid glands ending any hope for new generations of astartes. Most duties are left to chapter serfs now, Who also go to battle with their Dreadnought idols. Survivng Astartes are usually Techmarines, Terminators or Centurions.
>>
Is black primer a good color scheme?
>>
File: Helmet.jpg (79KB, 333x428px) Image search: [Google]
Helmet.jpg
79KB, 333x428px
>>54098334
The grey is Vallejo German Grey, black wash, then a mix of German grey and administratum grey for the highlights.
Red is 3-4 thin coats of mephiston red until you've got a really strong colour then carroburg crimson wash in the recesses.
After the wash is dry going back over it with mephiston red and mixing a tiny bit of troll slayer orange (maybe like one part orange to 6 parts red) and going over everything, gradually add more orange to highlight.

Still haven't got a chapter badge for these guys yet and i'm struggling to come up with anything that hasn't been done before.
>>
>>54102263
>2017
>Bothering to paint your minis

I'll be honest with you, I just push the unopened boxes around the table to represent the models now. I record casualties with a board marker.
>>
>>54102890
>2017
>Bothering to push unopened boxes of models around the table

I'll be honest with you, I just move small rocks I found outside around the table to represent the models now. I record casualties by throwing more rocks at my opponent.
>>
>>54102761
Well if you're feeling lazy, try mixing slide transfers around. Like the skull on red triangle stacked on top of the red heavy support insignia.
>>
File: Colors.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Colors.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Chapter Name: Stormborne Knights
Geneseed: Ultramarines
Specialization: Highly mobile, intensive planning and use of recon assets. Boasts a high number of MkIV suits of power armor and other heresy era equipment.
Background: The Stormborne Knights make their home in a small, but mineral rich mining system. Frequent Ork and pirate raids deemed the system threatened enough to warrant a Chapter of Space Marines for defense, but since these invaders have been dealt with, the system has been relatively quiet.

Warband Name: Lernaean Brotherhood
Geneseed: Alpha Legion
Background: Poses as a loyalist chapter for AdMech supplies. Pays gene tithe with slave grown Ultramarine geneseed after eliminating the Stormborne Knights to a man after they were depleted in the final battle against an Ork Waaagh. Most of their heresy gear is produced by the forges within a heresy era Oberon class battleship, which serves as the Brotherhood's base of operations for all actions hidden from the Imperium. Many failed aspirants are placed in local Imperial Guard, Navy and Stormtrooper command positions in the local area to keep complete control of the local military powers.

Would you like to know more?
>>
File: darkhounds.jpg (55KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
darkhounds.jpg
55KB, 400x500px
>Darkhounds
>Progenitor Chapter - Valedictors
>Emblem - Snarling black wolf head
>Color Scheme - bone white and Imperial red trimmed with black
>Homeworld - Sidia, a Death World of salt flats and shifting dunes inhabited by Dark Age of Technology abominable intelligences
>Battlecry - "Embrace perfection!"
>Gimmick - Codex Compliant to a fault. Focus on strategic and tactical superiority, to the point of obsessive-compulsion. Strong tendency towards cleanliness, uniformity and Apothecaries. Persian/Arabic culture.

They're basically Red Scorpions with the serial numbers scrubbed off. When the Fourth Founding chapter homeworlds were being doled out, Valedictor First Captain Cyrus got stuck with an otherwise unremarkable feudal world called Sidia. Cyrus and his new Chapter then participated in the expedition to suppress the Solar Rebellions in late M32, even winning victories alone against World Eater warbands.

Only a few years later, the seas of Sidia started to boil with archaeotech and thinking machines, which operated on an ancient predataxis-pattern of behavior. They drank the oceans and slaughtered all but a handful of the Sidian natives. When the Darkhounds returned, the lush forest world had been reduced to barren salt flats and seas of writhing mechadendrites.

In order to protect the nomadic survivors of Sidia, the Darkhounds took to battle against the abominable intelligences, which, glutted after feasting on an entire world, were unprepared for the ferocious counterattack. Cyrus and a handful of Terminators disappeared into the catacombs beneath Sidia's largest sea. Although they were never seen again, the intelligence coordinating the Men of Iron was soon destroyed in a massive underground explosion that shook the planet, and the roving swarms of nanoplague and tech-animals turned on one another. Soon after, an Adeptus Mechanicus exploratory fleet arrived to destroy, contain and study the artifacts of the Dark Age of Technology.
>>
>>54085243
Who are they?
>>
>>54064385
really good, they are the perfect counter for Khorne as they have no anger to feed him while killing his stuff
>>
This thread has spilled over into facebook groups...
>>
>>54098220

>black dogs
>not led zep themed
>>
Is there some kind of extreme correlation between people who refuse to use official chapters and people who have absolutely no sense of aesthetic taste or ability to make custom schemes that look believable?

My guess is all the players autistic enough to know how to make a passable scheme are willing to just play an established chapter.

Like when have you morons EVER seen a chapter that paints their belt buckles, shoes, wrists, elbows, etc different colors? That's not how you fucking incorporate extra colors or spot colors on a marine scheme.
>>
>>54108947
The game is about letting players be creative. It is openly encouraged by the producers to make things to your own tastes. It doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to follow the rules and for players to have fun gaming, building and painting.

tl;dr: DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>54108947

These >>54105535
>>54104775
>>54093685
>>54092452
>>54091683
>>54085146
>>54083881
>>54063785
>>54061858
>>54061050

These ones look pretty cool. The rest need some work, but in terms of color scheme you kind of have to try to screw them up in an egregious way.
>>
>>54109378
>"why are your tastes so illogically bad"
>"DEAL WITH IT"

Spoken like a true tasteless faggot. Get some sense of aesthetics, scrub.
>>
>>54109676
Seems that you're in the minority. As such, enjoy the back of the bus.
>>
>>54110218
>seems like you're the minority of this minority

Are you retarded? The overwhelming majority of players don't have custom paint schemes with bad colors. Of course if you take someone not in your sample size and compare him to your sample base he won't fit in.
>>
File: 1490514958378.jpg (57KB, 700x941px) Image search: [Google]
1490514958378.jpg
57KB, 700x941px
>>54107327

If I was any good at editing I would have them in the Mark X armor where they have the robes that leaves on arm exposed (although in this case it would simply loop over one shoulder).

The Color scheme I'm thinking of is Black with the Orange or yellow you see on their robes. The Brother Initiates will wear grey robes. Enlightened Brothers wear the Orange ones and have prayer beads and the the other members of the Command staff (Librarians, Apothecary, Tech marine, and chaplains wear a red sash).

Their organization structure is similar to the Wolves in that once you are taken in and survive the surgeries you are basically ready to wear fulll armor but you still have to go through the 10 Chambers before you are considered a Arhat (which is their version of Veteran Tacticals) who can teach any of the Chambers and take on disciples. They have no problem fighting in and out of their power armor and freely go between them as the mission requires.

Basically they would look like pic related except with scout armor under the robes.with the same for when they are wearing power armor.
>>
>>54110334
>Are you retarded?

The answer is yes.
>>
>>54060852
>I'd just play Carcharodons, since they're pretty much canon loyalist Night Lords

Wrong

>>54062774
>Carcharodons and Night Lords

Wrong

They literally have printed text saying they have Raven Guard geneseed markers and the Nicor was a Raven Guard ship in HH yet you dumbasses still spread this bullshit 3 years later
>>
>>54110376
They literally submitted their geneseed for testing during the Badab War, and the Inquisition okayed them after confirming they were distant descendants of the Raven Guard.

But I bet these NL conspiracy faggots will say something like "Oh they just didn't want to turn away potential allies to the war."
>>
File: Gypaetus Astra.png.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gypaetus Astra.png.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
>>54059413

>Void Vultures
>Progenitor Chapter - Blood Angels
>Emblem - Fang with wings
>Color Scheme - Dark red/black
>Homeworld - Callisto, a temperate, barbaric feudal world dominated by jungles, mountains and deserts.
>Battlecry - "Let all blood fly!"
>Gimmick - Hyper-Omophagea. Causes the Chapter to be as, if not more, cannibalistic than what the Flesh Tearers and Blood Drinkers are capable of. Feast on the dead after a battle. Squadmates consume their fallen in ritualistic feasts. Blood is removed from the fallen brothers and added to a vast pool for neophytes to bathe in during their initiation.

Going to grab a Sanguinary Priest and another two assault squads and call this army finished for the time being.
>>
>Lightbringers
>Ultima Founding (Primaris Chapter)
>Progenitor Chapter - Imperial Fists (Probably)
>Emblem - Still in progress, I'm thinking a hammer or a golden flame.
>Color Scheme - Purple and gold, with a light grey spot color.
>Homeworld - Fleetborn Chapter, strictly speaking. Rather than choosing a single world they set up Chapter Holdouts on planets all throughout their area of control.
>Recruitment - Most of the original chapter are made up of human children living in the Sol system, though now youth deemed worthy may appeal to one of the Chapter holdouts for the honor. The Lightbringers have also been known to take survivors of decimated chapters and adding them to the fold.
>Battlecry - "Light Prevails!"
>Gimmick - A support chapter in many ways, the boys in purple like nothing more than adding their firepower to local PDF, Guard, or Space Marine forces in any given warzone. They play nice with others, and strive to act as a shield to the citizens of the embattled imperium.

I'm still working on these guys, but I've been inspired by the image of the light of the Astronomicon fading/being blotted out by the warpstorms. They venerate that guiding light as a very real and vital thread that ties the Imperium together. It represents hope.
>>
>>54110334
Yes, damn those people who like different paint jobs than the official cannon! Clearly those degenerates don't belong in a hobby where general creative freedom is encouraged by people who made the fucking game!

You're making a huge deal over exactly nothing. A lot of "official armies" were once a custom paint job. Hence Golden Daemon, Showcases, Forge World, 'Eavy Metal...

Do you see why you're a fucking retarded faggot yet?
>>
>The Shit Stirrers
>Progenitor - Alpha Legion ofc
>Emplem - A crudely drawn dick jizzing on a pair of crudely drawn tits we the respective labels of "Me" and "Your mum"
>Colour Scheme - Black with double Nike stripes running down legs of their "power trakkies"
>Home world - Hive World Scrotarius, that looks like a giant version of a Hull council estate for 30 billion Traitor Imperial Citizens, most on jobseekers allowance.
>Gimmick - Fast Attack. Basically by putting a spoiler and £300 worth of strip lighting on their Rhino tanks, they charge in to battle at lightning speed, listening to Wigan Pier
>>
>>54101765
Alright, took me long enough because I'm a fag and forgot, anyway, War Beartime

>War Bears
>Progenitor Chapter- Unknown
>Emblem- Snarling Bear head
>Color Scheme- Tau-XV 88 body, Averland shoulders, Screaming skull face
>Homeworld- Biskupin, a forested feudal world with some rolling planes
>Battle cry- *WIP* "Face what you have Awoken!"
>Gimmick- Force Concentration, Shock and awe, mechanized warfare

Basically I want these guys to be a combination
of french/Canadian settlers and polish WWII resistance. I want them to be a chapter of small squads that are pretty self reliant. They have no rhinos and rely on battle brothers riding on top of predators and such. Also all attack vehicles have giant mounted Hussar wings.
>>
File: crimson hounds image.jpg (51KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
crimson hounds image.jpg
51KB, 400x500px
>crimson hounds
>progenitor chapter-blood angels
>color scheme: red blue and orange.
>homeworld: Gaeliar I, a temperate, gorgeous world, covered in sublime forests, but almost all plant life is poisonous, so....Death world?
>Battlecry: The Warhounds shall win the day!
>Gimmick: They have an unusual control over the black rage, known through the chapter as the warp spasm, they are able to bring themselves back fairly reliably.
>>
>>54108947
>Everyone that doesn't try is good
That's a fucking stupid assumption. It's like claiming the fags that field unpainted models are all good painters because they haven't made any mistakes.
>>
>>54112811
I had forgotten to mention the extremely dangerous fauna of gaeliar I, as well as its savage ork problem
>>
>>54112040
Not gonna convert some giant cybears for them to ride?
>>
>>54112811
>Battlecry: The Warhounds shall win the day!
>not "Let slip the dogs of war!"
>or just "Cry havoc!"

there was an attempt.jpg
>>
>>54113124
Space Bears, the furrier and more ambiguously sexually aligned version of the Space Wolves.
>>
>>54085094
Huh. Reverse Flesh-Tearers.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.