[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for wands and wand accessories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: Ollivanders-Wand-Shop-3.jpg (173KB, 2000x1124px) Image search: [Google]
Ollivanders-Wand-Shop-3.jpg
173KB, 2000x1124px
Are there any settings with interesting mechanics/fluff for wands and staves?

I'm thinking about making a setting where they're massed produced and available to the common folk, and I'm looking for some inspiration.
>>
File: Wooden Wands collection.png (667KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
Wooden Wands collection.png
667KB, 900x744px
Anyone can pick up an use a basic wand. Wands can do anything, they can literally create matter and energy, rewrite reality... but it depends entirely on imagination, will, magic energy, and training of the user.

Everyone has magic power inside of them, but without a focusing wand the power cannot be controlled. By simply taking a wand and focusing it, you can will things to change or magic to happen. But it takes a lot of power, imagination, and will for this to work, so most people picking up a wand can only make very temporary changes happen, or objects to move a fraction of an inch. More powerful users can move large objects, give life to the lifeless, and make permanent and drastic changes to objects or beings.

Wands are made of wood but are not just wooden sticks. They must be cut from a living tree that has a strong bond with its human gardener. It must be shaped with a special metal blade that has never drawn blood. There are a million more superstitions and rules that come from making wands from wand makers, and many of these are believed to be based either on the artificial magical 'humors' the wand posses and/or the pact of magic given to humans by the god of magic.

Young children are often given wands by their parents as playthings and with their imagination and youthful vigor they tend to be pretty decent at minor cantrips and playful illusions, despite being crude and lacking form. When they get older their innate talent starts to fade unless they were very gifted or went to further training. Most adults can still pick up a wand and move around a coin or change the color of a candleflame for a few seconds but it's very minor and draining to them mentally, they leave it to the Wizards.

This isn't from any setting, just what I think of what using all purpose wand-based magic might be like. Not the wands you're looking for with spells 'stored' in wands for later use.
>>
>>54048578
>Not the wands you're looking for with spells 'stored' in wands for later use
Your variety works too. Anything that makes them usable for regular people is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>54048698

My wand idea fits better for a novel then a game though, I don't know how you'd do that kind of freeform magic in a game.
>>
File: 058_1486980390.png (372KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
058_1486980390.png
372KB, 1125x1600px
>>54048342
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tongari-Booshi-no-Atorie
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.