[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - The Fallen Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 67

File: Cyberpunk Memorial Park.jpg (302KB, 1100x494px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk Memorial Park.jpg
302KB, 1100x494px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to HomeNode...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54000880 → →
>Obituaries_September_2077.gov
>Botched_Burglary_Leaves_Three_Dead_In_Corporate_Megaplex.news
>Hidden_Safehouses_and_Stashes.mapsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 208 (45% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Heard you have some new openings on your crew'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Prost.btl

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever assume the dragon is actually dead

Cheers and Kanpai, chummers. Let us lift a drink and have a moment of silence for the good, bad, and ugly bastards that are no longer with us. This thread is dedicated to the runners whose careers were ended short by the bullet they didn't see coming (or perhaps the one they did). Have a seat, grab a bottle and drug of your choice and tell us about the ones who didn't make it to their pay day.
>>
Question re: prototype transhuman for you guys. Would you prefer to be able to select the specific bioware that is discounted by it, or have Chummer manage it for you automagically? The current system is just a flat reduction in the total cost, which isn't super close to RAW.
>>
>>54043367
>>And never, ever assume the dragon is actually dead

This makes a lot more sense than "never cut a deal with a dragon".
I mean if a dragon wants to cut a deal with you, do you really think you have a choice in the matter?
>>
>>54043415
Suicide is a choice anon, and usually the better one.
>>
>>54043414
If it isn't too much trouble to change it around, I think being able to select the specific ware would be better.
>>
>>54043414
How would selecting the specific bioware work if you have two or more pieces as part of PT? I'd prefer selecting regardless.
>>
File: Faceless.jpg (280KB, 700x951px) Image search: [Google]
Faceless.jpg
280KB, 700x951px
>>54043414
Prefer to select it. Possibly when you choose the quality, it then takes you to the bioware selection window and lists on the side which ones you have taken, and how much of your 1.0 Essence is left.

I have no idea what that girl in the center is doing. Is she falling backwards, or just tossing the magazine aside? Why was she holding her weapon in one hand and magazine in the other? She can't have been loading the magazine, despite the box of ammo implying such. None of the papers are in a position that indicates she was working on them.
Why are her toes so long? So many questions
>>
>>54043454
>>54043414
Ditto. Being able to choose would be best, but if that is not possible then having chummer automatically choose based on what combination of 'ware would get the character closest to one Essence-worth would be okay too.
>>
>>54043479
>Is she falling backwards, or just tossing the magazine aside?

She is catching the magazine being tossed to her by the one on the right. There is a box of loaded mags on the floor next to her.

>Why are her toes so long?

Because foot fetishism.
>>
>Never deal with a dragon
>hestaby literally has a jackpoint account
>>
>>54043558
That's not getting in a business relationship with her. You can't keep dragons from being dragons, but that doesn't mean you need to deliver yourself into their claws. Let some other sucker die for the lizards.
>>
>>54043523
>>54043479

Nasty bitch needs to clip her toenails.
>>
>>54043414
Anything that makes Chummer not bork itself out is a good selection to me, Yekka.
>>
>>54043477
Checkbox when selecting the cyberware would become visible if Prototype Transhuman improvement value > 0, validation step when moving the character to created would check the sum total of marked bioware and throw an error if it's over. Makes essence calculations easier since anything that's covered by PT will automatically be zero so I don't need to futz about with that.

In unrelated news, should have shapeshifters fully working sometime this weekend.
>>
File: TrustworthyDragons.png (480KB, 1208x387px) Image search: [Google]
TrustworthyDragons.png
480KB, 1208x387px
>>54043558
>>
>>54043728
>shapeshifters fully working sometime this weekend
Yay.
>>
>>54043865
I mean they're not always correct anyway. Sanctimonious dipshit hypocrites
>>
File: 81bb4d8a6e9e8e80dffbb563c943c021.jpg (442KB, 721x1000px) Image search: [Google]
81bb4d8a6e9e8e80dffbb563c943c021.jpg
442KB, 721x1000px
>>54043414

Your proposal is basically how it works in HeroLab's implementation.

It made sense to me there, no reason it wouldn't make sense in Chummer.
>>
>>54044801
Not him but peaking of HeroLab, is there any cracked version available? Or is the only way to get it to actually pay $35 + each sourcebook for it? Because that's almost as bad as giving CGL money.
>>
File: 1371286717458.jpg (382KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1371286717458.jpg
382KB, 1920x1200px
>>54044817
There aren't any cracked versions. What you can do is split the costs between you and your friends; buy one copy of the main one, add x amount of licences for your extra dudes, then either make the book content manually or take turns buying books and such.
>>54044801
I do kind of wish we could do the bucket of x layout that herolab has, it'd make it much easier to do a bunch of stuff. Oh well, treenodes are functional enough for now, SR6 we'll probably burn everything to the ground and start from scratch.
>>
File: 37959211_p0.jpg (668KB, 979x2000px) Image search: [Google]
37959211_p0.jpg
668KB, 979x2000px
>>54044817
>is there any cracked version available

Not to my knowledge. The only Lone Wolf product I ever saw a working crack for was a really old version of Army Builder, and that was about a decade ago.

I can't in good faith recommend it over Chummer for SR5. While it handles a few things better (and some of that's subjective), the functionality difference is probably not worth the ~$150 it would take to get all the books. Unless that kind of money is really no object to you.

>>54044872
>we'll probably burn everything to the ground and start from scratch.

Sounds like my day job. Only I do it in Java.
>>
>>54044977
>Java
You poor man.
>>
File: 38910605_p0.jpg (732KB, 843x2000px) Image search: [Google]
38910605_p0.jpg
732KB, 843x2000px
>>54044996

Java's not so bad. It's got its warts, but I've used it so long that it's like an old friend. A little slow, kinda chubby, but you know what to expect and he's pretty trustworthy.
>>
>>54045047
It's the version incompatibilities that really get you. My only real experience with Java has been trying to compile the Exalted 3 character software. Work when running in uncompiled form, just through the JDK, but won't work properly when compiled.
>>
>>54045093
Once in a while they do, but that's mostly a non-issue.
>>
Hola chummers.

Imagine you're infected. Don't look at me like that, you know what kind of infected we are talking about and yes, can happen to anyone.

How fucked are you, past the usual eating metahumans for lunch stuff?
>>
>>54043593
There's a lot of anime artists that think "hey if girls have long fingernails, they must have long toenails too!" and it makes me fucking laugh.
>>
>>54045819
Would literally commit seppuku before allowing such taint to overcome her body and soul.
>>
Two questions, chummers.

Any good recent published campaigns? Looking for something with a story (as opposed to Renraku Arcology dungeon crawl).

Also, any GM use a forum of some kind to set up and distribute info to players? Want to simulate jackpoint for my gaming group.
>>
>>54046720
look for the SR Missions (can't tell you anything about their quality, but they are recent)
>>
>>54045819
>How fucked are you, past the usual eating metahumans for lunch stuff?
Less than you might think. Get in good with a few chop docs, and take their human leftovers off their hands, no questions asked. Sell the bones to gnawers, eat the flesh, squeeze out the blood for vamps. Ditto working suicide / gang fight cleanup.
>>
>>54027541

Which thread was that again?
>>
>>54047208
look in the archive for the previous threads
>>
File: oni_valentine.jpg (304KB, 875x1021px) Image search: [Google]
oni_valentine.jpg
304KB, 875x1021px
>>54047208
>>54047230
Should be around June 6th
>>
Hoi chummers, looking to start playing for the first time, limited dnd 4e experience and a voracious appetite for lore. Reading the 5e core rulebook and chargen on chummer are next on my list, but besides that any advice for a novice runner? I've been reading up on Sioux Nation and want to do an ethnically Jewish orc from Casper, SN (Temple Shalom Haverim, tribe mitakola okakse) who is a Saber Tooth Shaman. What areas of specialization suit a shaman? Not terribly interested in being a Face as I understand it. Do you suggest roll20 to find a group? I've never used it before, but I doubt I could find a meatspace group near me. Any misc. suggestions?

tl;dr new, halp
>>
File: female_orc_by_erynn83-d9zlo1c.jpg (239KB, 693x1152px) Image search: [Google]
female_orc_by_erynn83-d9zlo1c.jpg
239KB, 693x1152px
>>54048310
Meant to include img as grease money
>>
>>54048310
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/missions/background/
>>
>>54046720
>Also, any GM use a forum of some kind to set up and distribute info to players? Want to simulate jackpoint for my gaming group.

You could use Obsidian Portal. Also, the generic term is data haven; don't simulate Jackpoint unless you want all your players to be sidelined by your superspecial OC's.
>>
>>54048310
Look into being able to First Aid and Medicine, Maybe ask your DM about letting you grow some cheaper plants at your place if you play 5e and cant actually get a garden officially, Play up the mystic shaman side with lots of smoking and sweat lodge time.
For bonus points see how many of your chummers you can get addicted to your special blend with their consent.
>>
Has your party ever used sex as a critical part of a mission? If so, how?
>>
>>54049038
I have 30 seduction dice.
Yes.
Take a guess.
>>
>>54048470
Yeah, I'm fairly new. Read a lot of books, read a couple of novels, played through the pc games - and still find myself overwhelmed. Data haven. Got it.
>>
>>54048310
The quickest places to find games, in reverse order of quality, would be roll20, reddit, missions (living campaign), and gamefinder/this thread. YMMV heavily.

If you're new then it's probably okay to keep low standards and take anything you can find.

And if you're willing to GM, you can basically do whatever you want.
>>
Whats your runners Jackpoint/Shadowland/Whatever username?
>>
>>54043367
>tell us about the ones who didn't make it to their pay day
3rd edition tank troll who through a series of bad rolls slowly burned to death in a pool of white phosphorus because no one could drag her out with the gunbattle going on.

There was another runner that died in that fight, but nobody talks much about him because it was his bag of grenades that lead to both his demise and the troll's.
>>
>>54045819
My ludicrous amount of edge says I'm immune.
>>
>>54045819
Well I already live in the sewers and rarely see the light of day so not that much different.
>>
File: Executive_Table.jpg (87KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
Executive_Table.jpg
87KB, 600x394px
Hey chummers, I'm planning on having a complex security system in the next run which requires the group's decker to successfully pass a high-level "job interview" to gain access to a large cache of Renraku paydata. I know I must have seen something similar to this kind of VR security system in one of the rulebooks, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding it again. So first off, I want to ask about where I might be able to find more information on something similar to the idea of a VR security system which requires the decker to conform to the simulation to gain access to the system. And secondly, I'm looking for some hard-hitting job interview questions that Renraku might grill their prospective hires with. Can anyone help me out here?
>>
>>54052177
Well how'd you end up down there, chummer?
>>
Is CGL trying to water down the setting and make it more inclusive?
Aren't all the Horizon campaigns to the public view to positive for metatypes strange?
Am I reading to much into it and its just poor writing?
>>
>>54053104
Or maybe you should spend less time on /pol/?
>>
Hoi chummers, any suggestions for setting one of my players up with a drone decoy of themselves? I'm looking at using one of the SK exec. assistant drones as a base but it's so woefully lacking in Body that I can't squeeze in the mods I want, like Pilot Rating Enhancement. Is there a better way to get this done?
>>
>>54045819
She dies, given that she's already pushing lower than 1 essence.
>>
File: dorkula.jpg (244KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
dorkula.jpg
244KB, 582x900px
>>54045819
Assuming we're talking about my current character, he's already a vampire. (He also is a WoD larper, but that's unrelated, he was doing it before he was bitten.)
>>
>>54054000
A runner with a larp hobby? So you can roleplay while you roleplay?
>>
>>54045819
Okay guys, let me ask something more concrete.

How fucked are your SINs/licenses/bank vaults/home security/etc due to your biometrics becoming totally out of whack?
>>
>>54053167
If you've forgotten, Shadowrun is a dystopia and one of the basic tenets of the setting is the racism different metahumans experience.

If your feefees are too tender to handle pretend triggers, perhaps you should spend more time in therapy than at the gaming table.
>>
>>54054406
There's a reason most infected are SINless chummer.
>>
Where does your runner live, and how do they survive the hot season?
>>
stay bumpy, Deitrich
>>
>>54054406
Probably not the first thing on the "oh fuck I'm a ghoul now" checklist running through my mind.

Speaking of which, what is the transformation process like? Ghouls are blind, right? If you were infected, when you would you start to know?
>>
File: 129668669149.jpg (341KB, 436x768px) Image search: [Google]
129668669149.jpg
341KB, 436x768px
>>54055710
Slow day
>>
File: tumblr_n4nftdUOs31qeyjvxo2_500.gif (849KB, 405x227px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4nftdUOs31qeyjvxo2_500.gif
849KB, 405x227px
>>54055687
>>
>>54055717
Speaking of ghouls, how fast does it take for the infection to spread? If a ghoul bit your arm, could you cut it off in a gory display and, assuming that didn't kill you (like having a friendly mage handy) would you not be infected?
>>
>>54055717

How much do you actually need to eat? Three square meals of blood/Flesh/Bones?
>>
Beginning the planning stage of running a campaign. I haven't played Shadowrun since 3rd Edition. Could a kind anon give me a brief breakdown of the 4th and 5th Editions from a GM's standpoint?
>>
>>54057004
Look up in the pastebin, there's an obviously named file that will break it down for you nicely.
>>
>>54055717
I would assume you would notice the cataracts rapidly growing on your eyes if you had natural eyes. But lets be honest, I think a large portion of us have cybereyes, so that's one negative you probably don't have to worry about chummer.

>>54056020
In Run Faster the transformation speed of the HMHVV-III strain is 10 - BOD days of being comatose. Though, this is CGL so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
What should I make if I want to play a big girl.
>>
>>54053104

You'd almost think that trying to make the world more inclusive for a quarter (or more) of the worlds population would be a good idea. After like 50 years or so.

It's not like it happened over night.
>>
File: 1463812182105.jpg (150KB, 504x426px) Image search: [Google]
1463812182105.jpg
150KB, 504x426px
>>54058177
Fomorian Biosam. See: end of the previous thread.
>>
>>54045819

I ran a mission where a UCAS governor, who was very much outspoken against infected, was comming to Seattle to meet up with some associates.

My group got hired by a group of protestors to kidnap the governor so they could "persuade" him to think otherwise.

Long story short, after operation "adult diaper" was succesful and they aquired him, they made the trade (well tried, first attempt was a backstab that their johnson was unaware of, and they then found out that their employer were ghouls), and the next day the governor was found naked in the streets.

A couple of months (and runs) later one of the characters came across an article about the same governor who had been away from the public for some time and had now come out as infected and pro-ghoul rights.

All in all, I think the group wouldn't take it that badly if they turned into ghouls. After all the Johnson was nice, even though her henchers tried to shoot them. They got a nice bonus for that mishap.
>>
File: 1494457682885.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494457682885.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
How should I homebrew machine guns and assault cannons to make them useful?
>>
>>54058469
Moar AP? Better dodge penalties? Better bipod buff?
>>
>>54058469

Don't give the LMG the double recoil penalty.
Increase DV of MMG and HMG by +1.
Maybe increase the Assault Cannon DV by +2, but you'll need to balance it out (No firing from the shoulder).

Don't really see any big flaws with them though.
>>
>>54058329
Formorians suck now, go full giant.
>>
>>54058885

Crouching simulator. You wanna feel like Gandalf in the Shire everywhere you go?
>>
>>54058885

Details, my good man.
>>
>>54059015
They said they want a big, girl ain't no girl bigger than a she-giant.
>>
>>54059095
as well as reducing their physical stats CGL for some fucking reason decided to lower a fomorians Willpower maximum to 5 and Int to 4 making them bad at what they're supposed to be good at, magic. Combine that with arcane arrester being nerfed an the utterly unreasonable karma tax on formorian (12 vs 2 for other metavriant trolls) and they just suck compared to giant. Giants get better dermal armour vs none for the fomorian, have the cha and logic max 5 as well and all the lose is they drom to reaction max 5.
In conclusion giants are the troll master race.
>>
>>54059263

Everytime I start frequenting these threads I get reminded over and over why I don't bother touching 5th edition again.
>>
>>54059481
For me its the opposite. I'm so used to 5th ed at this point that 4th seems absurd to me.
>>
>>54052280
For hard hitting interview question try google. I know, I know but seriously. A million interviews have been taken and there are tons of places that will give you recommendations or stories of good interview questions.
>>
>>54045819
Had a troll that became infected while helping some sane ghouls. Ended up having him act as muscle to protect them, using contacts to bring in biowaste so they didn't go insane.
>>
Anyone have the PDF that lists a bunch of super-essential equipment for new players? I have a few newbies in my group and i want to help them out.
>>
Hoi Chummers. I'm tryna homebrew up a bunch of runs for a campaign in the future that-may-or-may not actually happen. Anyone have any ideas? I'm mostly looking for weird drek jobs to ease my players into the pink mohawk aspect before slowing moving up to trenchcoat. I'll post what I've come up with/scavenged so far as an offering. Sean, Daniel, Josh, Trent, if u guys see this don't read under the spoiler.

An orc who runs a community center hires the runners to steal a truck full of steak (REAL steak, not that soy crap) so she can run a big neighbourhood cookout to raise funds.

A group of cultists hires the runners to break into a museum of technology and steal a bunch of ancient VHS' of a televangelist they worship (stolen from here)

A creepy old human hires the runners to clear out a walled-up apartment block in the barrens that he owns. A bunch of feral ghouls have moved in. When the runners clear it out they might discover some strange hidden cameras strategically placed around the area... or that before they turned feral, the ghouls had been hired for the exact same job...

A guy from the Vory is planning a kidnapping but wants Knights Errant to be busy elsewhere. The players have to cause a big enough ruckus at a shopping mall to divert their attention.

A dryad stripper hires the runners to go rescue her gigantic troll husband from a trog gang holding him captive.

That's all I've got so far. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>>54061771
Ditch the VHS thing, the tapes would be unreadable after so long. They'd need to either grab hardcopies of the scripts, or dvd/bluray.
>>
>>54058234
And it took 50 years for it to happen for orcs
Changelings didn't have to wait
And with run faster it seems every metatype to be acepted with no prejudice
And even AI started getting SINs
If you are strange and new everybody likes you now
>>
>>54061868
Truly, it is a dark dystopian future where /leftypol/ won and immigrants and diversity are mandatory.
>>
>>54061852
True, but I like the idea of the run so much I'm gonna ignore that tiny detail.
>>
>>54061919
It's not a tiny detail, just change the stored media to make it kosher.

It's not like discs are going to make any more sense for a runner.
>>
>>54061936
I don't know why but I just really like the aesthetics of like, some ancient grainy footage of a televangelist in a suit standing next to his wife in robes in front of a choir and talking about jesus, and it being super important to a bunch of metahumans. to each their own i guess
>>
>>54061994
Considering how old the tapes were when the recordings were transferred to DVD to immortalize them by a pious member of the congretation, that's exactly what it would look like. After nearly a century, all the tapes themselves will have is static.
>>
>>54043367
>>54061936
https://youtu.be/BdPpRnzO9Aw
Takes place 2072, Cowboy Bebop does betamax
>>
>>54062053
You should take anime science with a grain of salt anon.
>>
>>54062053
>>54062025
K can we stop arguing about this and go with the drek jobs I'm looking for instead? If I want my players to fight dinosaurs I'm not gonna care if they're extinct. I'm going to go with the cool thing.

I was thinking about having them do something with the Yaks, but I've got no ideas for the job itself. My main idea is having some arrogant young Yak prince hire them for a job then try to get out of paying by telling them to fuck off afterwards, and see how my players handle it
>>
>>54062118
This is fucking Shadowrun we're talking about here. Anime Science makes at minimum as much sense.
>>
>>54062186
>Can /tg/ stop with the autism and help me?

Where do you think you are?
>>
File: Acceptance.png (88KB, 446x200px) Image search: [Google]
Acceptance.png
88KB, 446x200px
>>54061868

Have you even read Run Faster or any of the background?
Changelings are literally just shunned by most of society unless their mutations are small enough that they can hide them (or remove them, as a lot of people do if they have the chance due to self loathing), and are just creating their own culture.

Metasapients don't have SINs in most of the world, with the exception of Sasquatches (who were recognized as sapient in 2042 so that's over 30 years ago).

AIs are only given SINs and legal rights on a case to case basis, and some countries (Japan for example) just consider them the property of whoever created/owned the software/hardware/whatever that the AI developed from. Also some people believe that AI are actually formed from the minds that have been lost in the Matrix, as some AIs retain memories of specific people that have died previously. Very GITS.

I don't know if you've just played with shit GMs that don't want to portray oppression or if you just need someone to stamp OPPRESSION in big red letters for you to actually be able to read what's right there in the text.

But hey, keep being angry.
>>
>>54062118
>>54062118
How much salt should one apply to magical sci-fi collective imagination game vs. anime?
>>
>>54061919

Then go with it. Honestly if it's some hogus bogus TV evangelist it probably won't have been copied to discs.

Oooor, the plot twist is that the VHS tapes are actually unreadable but there is a clue of a disc copy being made.

And during all this build-up to know what's on that tape, the group realizes they can't actually watch it. Won't they be tempted to go looking for the discs just to find out what it is?
>>
>>54062186
Do dinosaurs. Solved.

For my benefit, how do?
>>
>>54062386

I made a surge rigger that was basically a man sized tyrannosaurus. Does that count?
>>
>>54062386
Make 'em paracritter versions of birds or crocs.

Mokele mbembe or whatever it is.
>>
>>54062386
Corps bred dinosaurs to serve as tourist attractions on a remote island. Regular dinosaurs got old fast so they started "improving" them.

No, no one involved watched jurassic park. Why?
>>
>>54062468
>No, no one involved watched jurassic park. Why?
"What do you mean there's a trid from the 1900s that implies it's a bad idea? Do you want to base our science on a fictional movie older than your grandmother?"
>>
Got to say Yekka, I don't remember when you put it in but I'm really digging the browse feature for weapons. The ability to compare damage is pretty damn neato.

Boy I hope that hasn't been there for a while and I've just been blind.
>>
File: Aggressive_Intelligence.jpg (89KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
Aggressive_Intelligence.jpg
89KB, 960x685px
How might I handle having a particularly advanced AI breaking out of its private highly-secured node and taking control of an unsuspecting decker jacked into the system? Basically, the runners are trying to get paydata out of this private server on corp grounds, but the AI that's a part of the system is having other ideas about what it wants to be doing, so it's trying to escape. I'm not entirely sure if there are rules to handle this or not, but I plan on temporarily having the decker fight to resist the AI's influence while it occupies their body through a DNI with their cyberdeck or through manipulation of their augs. How might I simulate this?
>>
File: wallhaven-254416.jpg (309KB, 2240x960px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-254416.jpg
309KB, 2240x960px
>>54063302
Not my feature actually, it got put in by the previous dev, or one of his mates. Coding style's the same as the guy who did the translator, at any rate. It used to be hidden away behind a 'browse' button. I just moved it into a tab instead and optimised it a bit to not be so much of a hog.
>>54063308
CFD.
>>
Oblige my curiosity on this one, chummers. It's halfway because I want to know how well Shadowrun's themes and aesthetics have lasted and halfway because I'm going to work in a tick and want something fun to read.

If you happened to be a spoiled corp brat with one million nuyen at their disposal and every single piece of cyberware, bioware, equipment, clothing, training course, biosculpting procedure, genetic treatment and chip available to them, who just so happened to decide they wanted to become a shadowrunner, what would you use the money for? What kind of shadowrunner "character" would you make up? Do you think you'd be okay with it even a few years later? And, for the honest ones, do you think you'd even make it past the first year?
Feel free to answer with your lizard brain or that part of you that's still 14 and wears fingerless gloves - wish-fulfillment/boredom/weird psychosexual quirks have been listed many times as reasons for people to become shadowrunners, and I can probably wring a lot of inspiration out of a few honest answers.
>>
>>54063445
Interesting!
First things first, I'd probably get a battery of surgeries done; most likely bioware. Cosmetic surgery to make myself more attractive, orthoskin, better bones, muscles etc; the works. I think chrome is utterly cool as a concept but it does have all the disadvantages of cold metal as well, synthetic cyberization isn't too bad. Cyber would definitely have DNI, Skilljack+wires and either a library of chips or just that digital service. The idea of being able to 'learn' how to do anything is the most tempting. No matter what upgrades, I feel like I'd end up superhuman psychosis quality.

Gearwise a good comlink to surf the matrix and shitpost and a few guns; nothing too crazy just a pistol or smg. And absolutely a nice car; modded to fly cause why not.
As far as shadowrunning and roles? Jack of all trades/driver. Probably wouldn't make it in the long run though.
>>
>>54063308
AIs don't take over through your brain, they have to physically infect you with CFD nannites.
>>
File: 1411007995795.jpg (81KB, 492x705px) Image search: [Google]
1411007995795.jpg
81KB, 492x705px
>>54058329
>I'm the jackass who wanted to play that and started the shit with the boobs

This has to be a sign that I gotta play this character.
>>
>>54057561
>I think a large portion of us have cybereyes
You know, that's something I think a lot of people forget about on the regular. Not just how common some cyberware is, but how common strange cosmetic surgeries are. Say what you will about CP2020's full-body replacement and biosculpting shit from Chromebook 2, but there's definitely a market for that shit. And yet the weirdest you tend to get in the rulebook art for SR is shitty sidecuts and odd dye jobs. Where the fuck is the guy with fibre-optic hair he can change the colour of? He's the life of the party; his own personal light show.
>>
>>54064425
See above, giant is better.
>>
>>54065082
Or he could ask his GM if he could revert the inexplicably gimped fomorian rules, which most good GMs would at least think about.
>>
>>54065082
I haven't even found a game, its just a concept right now. Where are giants from again? I might just go elf though if I wanna be an autist about this though.
>>
>>54057004
also check out the sixth world almanac for the fluff
>>
>>54065046
It's probably a mixture of intentional dilution (appealing to today's sidecut-wearing enabling junkies by making everyone more like them and the world more like the one they know, so they don't have to let roleplaying get in the way of their sociopolitical revenge fantasies) and just plain CGL not knowing the fluff established way early on at all.
A lot of interesting fluff on fashion, culture, subculture, sport, sex, business and entertainment fell straight into the garbage because CGL didn't tell their art department to read Shadowbeat and Shadowtech (and the Chromebooks first fly off the handle at the very end, so no reason why that shouldn't be required reading too).
Most of the themes of materialism, identity, temptation, consumerism, decadence and in general what people will do with access to the Sixth World's technology have gone down the drain because CGL doesn't want to work with stuff that requires their new players to read or get into a setting that might even have different values or cultures from their own.
>>
>>54065343

Nordic.
>>
>>54065343
Same place as fomorians, Run Faster for 5e, Runners Companion for 4e.
>>
Why don't pixies have the neoteny drawback/why do gnomes have it? I thought pixies were supposed to be like eternally youthful too.
>>
>>54066360
Gnomes have stunted growth, pixies don't.
>>
>>54066360

Why are you looking at the pixie rules, why, you better not be thinking of playing one or I swear I will turn this thread around and we'll all go home.
>>
>>54066360
Because a gnome looks vaguely like a child and a pixie looks like a literal fairy?
>>
>>54066360
Pixies look like adults, just 40cm tall. Gnomes look like ordinary-sized children.

>>54066470
Now lets all agree to leave this here and NOT TALK ABOUT PIXIES. We all have different opinions on them and the people who play them. Let's just leave it at that.
>>
>>54066493

The bigger thing is the reduction of your condition monitor, not the looking like a kid.
>>
>>54066470
I'm not I promise. I'm playing a hot-head young street racing Dryad who follows the Paladin code and drives a modded up Kaburaya that can drive up walls and has all the classic oil slick/smoke screen stuff
>>
>>54066516
Generally yes, but pixies already have their physical drawbacks built in. Gnomes, being based on dwarves, do not.
>>
File: Penelope Pitstop.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Penelope Pitstop.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>54066530
Is this you?
>>
>>54066530

Good, you're the right type of zany son, just remember to use clean biofuels to keep your air clean and you'll go far.

>>54066533

Their drawbacks are barely drawbacks though.
>>
>>54066640
I'm not defending pixies as a playable option, I'm just talking about why the species that do not closely resemble children and already have some sort of penalty for being small and frail do not have the neoteny drawback.
>>
>>54066360
Because they're bad munchkinshit non-human fuckers.

>>54066497
>Gnomes look like ordinary-sized children.
If you mean 3-4 y/o children, sure.
>>
>>54066661

I can see what >>54066360 means though.

Unagumented max body gnome will have a physical CM of 8.
Unagumented max body pixie will have a physical CM of 9.
Que pasta CGL?
>>
>Rigger 5.0 has a story about a gnome preying on a pedophile Mr. Johnson
Now I know what the 'may affect social rolls' description means for neoteny
>>
>>54052280
>I might be able to find more information on something similar to the idea of a VR security system which requires the decker to conform to the simulation to gain access to the system

Sounds like you're remembering bits of the Foundation. The rules there are that you need to abide by the insane donkey logic of the given Foundation to avoid drawing negative attention.
>>
>>54053687
By decoy, do you want something that looks like them they can use for disguise purposes, or a physical shell they can use instead of ever putting their meat in danger? Because the latter is impossible by design.
>>
>>54055687
That's what simchips are for. You feel like it's a nice day, you just drink more water than normal.
>>
>>54060975
Back of Run Faster has equipment PACKs, designed for just such an occasion. You could slam a few together and get a full character. Beyond that, Chummer has a few extras built into it (like the RunnerHub starting PACK).
>>
>>54066772
I've always put it down to pixies being inherently more magical, same reason they go poof when dead.
>>
>>54067238
>>
File: tumblr_os2mi0qgXc1rbzk2mo1_1280.jpg (223KB, 1280x781px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os2mi0qgXc1rbzk2mo1_1280.jpg
223KB, 1280x781px
Hrm. A shapeshifter has put 3 points worth of karma into BOD during creation, giving them a value of 5. In career mode, they then switch to their metahuman form. Does the BOD value become 4 (Human minimum + 3), or stay at 5?
>>
>>54068184
Can't speak from a RAW perspective, but I imagine they get the minimum+the points they put into it
Because if I understand correctly you could have it that the animal form has BOD 4 and the metahuman form is a troll, which would mean that the troll would have less BOD than the minimum for trolls.
>>
Is fucking a gnome pedophelia
>>
>>54068184

"The attributes listed in the table are for the natural animal form. To determine their metahuman attributes, the player must simply note how many attribute points were put into each attribute, and those are applied to the base metahuman attributes as well."

Run Faster p.102
If you're playing 4th I'm pretty sure this part is overlooked but I use the same rules there.
>>
>>54068472
>If you're playing 4th
???
That's yekka
One of the developers for Chummer5
Who promised to implement Shapeshifters
I'm PRETTY SURE that he asks to know how to implement it
>>
File: shadowrun+attitude+front.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun+attitude+front.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>54068873

Relax mate, not everyone knows. Yekka's not even Youtube famous, he's just /srg famous.
>>
File: 1497304050352.jpg (63KB, 1024x949px) Image search: [Google]
1497304050352.jpg
63KB, 1024x949px
>>54068873

Apologies for not knowing royalty and checking usernames on an anonymous imageboard. Shame on me.
>>
>>54069444
There's a difference between your strawman of "knowing royalty" and "having eyes in one's head and having lurked".
Generals, since they have their own regulars, jokes, history and slang, aren't places you just start posting right after you find out they're there. You go through the last five-six threads, see what's going on, and then you realize that five-six isn't enough and lurk for another two months.
You're new, but you think you're an oldfag - I know those people when I see them. It drips off you that you think you know what 4chan is and what it's intended for, when you don't even know the basics of lurking nor the correct reaction to being called new (which is to stop posting).
Let me guess, you felt like an oldfag when you'd been on 4chan for two months and the rest of your summerfriends had quit already?
If you really care enough about 4chan to use it in your argument, stop posting right now and lurk until you don't show your summer in every one of your posts.
>>
File: received_1981176718797049.jpg (36KB, 540x453px) Image search: [Google]
received_1981176718797049.jpg
36KB, 540x453px
>>54069849
Fresh pasta
>>
>>54069849
Well you are not wrong
Just overreacting a tad
>>
>>54069444
>>54069849
I mean both of you are being dumb, first with the cunty reactionary thing and second with that undiluted autism
>>
How do I create a fun mission? I have an idea for the story around it but how do I make it fun for the players?
>>
>>54070259
Don't railroad; be flexible. If the players start taking things in a different direction, go with the flow. Make your mission modular so that you can adjust and relocate things when necessary. A good ability to improvise, as well as a strong familiarity with the system goes a long way, but you can make up for it by being able to reference the rules quickly. The GM section around page 330 in the rulebook is pretty helpful, too.
>>
>>54066848
I'm not sure how those two scenarios differ. If a rigger is jumped into an anthrodrone with high rating realistic features, aren't they doing both at once?
>>
>>54070259
Find out what your players want, then give it to them in a way they don't expect.
And be ready to accept derails and roll with them.
>>
>>54070379
>>54070420
What about actually making the mission?
For example, do I need to build every npc that's part of it? That kinda stuff, this is the first mission that I'm making myself.
>>
>>54069849
Rules for super secret internet clubhouse placed in OP please? Don't wan't new blood spoiling your fun. All hail king turd of shit island.
>>
>>54069849
>I am better at 4chan than you

Just chill out friend, you seem to be carrying a lot of unnecessary anger.

>>54070456
"Build" the plot important NPCs but have some vague ideas ready to make an NPC on the fly.
Remember, motivations/behavior/quirks are more important and memorable than what stats you put on paper. Start by writing the NPC, then give them stats.
If there's an NPC that's not too important but you have a vague clue about him just give him a name, race and some notes like "sleezy, blue eyed, in it for the money":
>>
File: Guard_stats.png (83KB, 1494x333px) Image search: [Google]
Guard_stats.png
83KB, 1494x333px
>>54070456
I build important NPCs, every other NPC that I plan on bringing up, put in a table with what I want their average dice pools to be, and their basic stats for combat. It involves a lot of bullshitting but the alternative would be a massive time sink. Pics related.
>>
File: Guard_stats2.png (24KB, 1903x207px) Image search: [Google]
Guard_stats2.png
24KB, 1903x207px
>>54071167
>>
>>54070917
If you want a place where new people can shit everything up unhindered, they're everywhere.
Tumblr, Reddit and Facebook - they're all open for people like you, who want to be able to feel cool and informed right off the bat.
The thing is, no matter how much you want it, you don't learn the rules and customs of a place overnight, and especially on a site like 4chan, where anonymous posting is the norm, if people start posting straight off the bat, the quality of discussion is going to worsen.
On Tumblr, Facebook, Reddit and all those other sites, this is only a minor problem - all are social media, where the goal is to spread stuff you say to your friends and people on the Internet, and through that get social satisfaction.
On 4chan, though (which has had the "lurk moar" very-much-spoken rule since day 1, and which was founded because Something Awful had become a shithole - because of a newbie flood), the main purpose of posting is to encourage discussion and actual content, even if that content is different from what people who use Tumblr and Reddit want to see.
When people start using being new as an excuse for not knowing the customs of the site or a general, not only does the quality of discussion fall sharply (because all the posts made by these newbies are inherently either misinformed or asking for someone to spoonfeed them), but you also end up with a site community where what matters the most is experience and being able to hand out information.
That's right - you're the one supporting the super sekrit Internet clubhouse. When it becomes accepted for people to ask questions, even when it's obvious that they haven't put in even a modicum of effort, that's when people can get something out of answering it. These people get recognized by the thread or board (and a lot of these people are overly eager for recognition - you know the type), people start seeking them out for advice, and these people start becoming the gurus of the board or general.
>>
>>54070917
>>54071656
They take tripcodes, start treating everyone like friends and get moderator delusions - this is the Internet, and it will happen. If you think that a person being relied on on the Internet doesn't turn 80% of them into royal assholes, I wonder how you can even use a computer while lying under that rock.
When this happens, you end up with a board or thread filled with 40% tripfags, 20% bigshots and 40% desperate worshippers who try to appeal to the bigshots' preferences in order to get advice - and remember, these people have never actually had to look for anything on their own, because of spoonfeeding culture. This results in - I've seen this literally close to ten times on different boards and generals all across the Internet, and most of the times on 4chan - a community in which twenty percent of the posters play moderators and cause board drama while the followers and hangers-on try to make a good impression by killing any other discussion than what their favorite poster likes.
And because reputation and name comes into it, you end up with the same environment as Reddit or even Facebook - because the thread is ruled by pocket moderators and hangers-on all worshipping the same dramawhores, you can't contribute much to the discussion without being shat on, ignored or just plain having your attempt at discussion twisted into drama or talk about the bigshots.
If you think this is wrong, go to the /pfg/. That one checks all boxes - it started out with people just asking "silly" questions about wanky races they wanted to play, but because someone came and answered instead of the people looking it up themselves, the entire thing ended up orbiting around them, and now the /pfg/ is a circlejerk with almost no meaningful discussion and a hostile, stifling climate.
When everyone is assumed to know and when no one requests special treatment, only then can 4chan work.
>>
File: OK_thumb.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
OK_thumb.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>54071677
>>
>>54071677
>all worshipping the same dramawhores
Sorry bub, but I don't think anyone is lining up to worship you.
>>
Anon, please understand, we're not emotionally involved in the situation.
>>
File: Jack In.png (155KB, 506x378px) Image search: [Google]
Jack In.png
155KB, 506x378px
>>54070456

As far as mechanics go?

Key NPCs with which the players will interact more than once during the runs should be mechanically fleshed-out.

Rank-and-file opposition should generally share a simple statblock. Check the examples in books, or ready-made comptetency-level divided sheet somewhere in pastebin.

Random mooks? Just remember that they'll roll 4 dice if they only have some idea about what they're doing, 8 if they do it every now and then, 12 if they do it regularly and are pretty good at it, 16 if they're some kind of elite, 20 if players should be afraid. 16s and 20s are usually to be avoided, as this suggests level of specialisation far beyond usual folks. When random folks get shot at, you can rule them to be down after receiving a single hit (with a dodge pool set according to competence level) or roll somewhere from 5 to 15 dice of armor.

Remember to add in some various skill checks, and plan for mage and decker to have something to do. Also, plan out at least a single non-loud method of achieving the solution - players will most likely not follow it, but you will be sure that you left them at least some tools to have non-violent fun with.
>>
>>54071677
nah u wrong
>>
How much automation do you guys put into your games?

Do you have clerks at your convenience stores? Do you have someone ringing you up at the grocery store? Or any retail for that matter?

In the cyberpunk future of today, computers, scanners, and automated systems are cheap. But in the dystopian future where no one has a job, labor is also cheap.

What's automated and what's not?
>>
File: 20140118_FBC169.png (55KB, 580x562px) Image search: [Google]
20140118_FBC169.png
55KB, 580x562px
>>54072615
Makes sense to look at what jobs can only be performed well by peeps. Scientists, teachers, I guess anything requiring intensive interpersonal or creative/innovative work. That leaves manufacturing, basic services to automata. Bartenders/servers are actually paid to sell emotions and experiences, not food and bev. Picture semi-related, fun for modified extrapolation
>>
>>54072615
I like having a large amount of automation with different places going up and down the scale of intensity. The fancier/more important the more people actually being there.
Stuffer shack for example would just have someone there to BE a metahuman presence; working just as a greeter/basic maintenance. Delivery/postal workers being near useless with all the drones and self driving truck taking care of everything. (Falling asleep on the job or being unattentive is grounds for paycuts however)
And the 'higher' end of the spectrum having fancy restaurants or anything that needs creativity or a research lab. A museum would be nearly all automated but concerts and operas using metahuman workers. Food/service industries would use it as part of the sales pitch. Not "never frozen meat" but "made by metahumans for metahumans" with little to no automation. Having an actual person making or serving your food be a luxury.
>>
had a recent run-in with That Guy recently...

>join a SR5 play-by-post game
>quickly make friends with most of the inhabitants
>all except one (let's call him Dmitri)
>the russian
>a huge minmaxer
>wants to waste the Johnson for cash
>switches characters ten times a day pre-game so nobody knows what he's doing
>complains constantly about how mages are the single best thing at every role in the game
>but also wants to play one himself
>wake up to a 1500 word discord essay about how nobody should get to play mages except him
>enough is enough
>I make my apologies to the GM and say I'm going to leave the group unless Dmitri goes
>after some consideration, the GM agrees, and boots him
>some time passes, and one of the players (let's call him Bill) joins a second PBP group... only to discover that Dmitri has beat him to it
>Bill immediately leaves, telling the GM of that group that he can't play with Dmitri because he's awful
>not even half an hour passes before Bill is re-invited to the group
>apparently Dmitri wore out his welcome in a record 20 minutes
>more time passes, with us happily chargenning and helping the newer members
>we switch GMs as the prior gm has time constraints
>a new player joins the fold
>it's not dmitri, different discord account
>or is it
>cyrillic characters in his quotation plugin
>first thing he suggests in RP is wasting the Johnson for a slightly bigger payday, 10 seconds after we meet him
>the man literally made a dummy discord account to try and rejoin the group
>we had our suspicions by the end of the first day, but gave him the benefit of the doubt
>a few more days and the ball finally drops after another pointless tirade about magic in 5e
>spotted in another group: "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids... but come on, was I really disruptive or bad in character or out of it?"
>everyone replies YES
>>
>>54073246
>join a SR5 play-by-post game
Was this on /tg/?
>>
>>54073415
no, the game is over discord, and I think the original gm posted in the lfg section of the /5eg/ discord server
>>
>>54068184
why does the woman in this image appear to not have pants on?
>>
>>54075318
It's the dystopian future. Pants were outlawed.
>>
>>54067400
More like it's magic it inherently defies the laws of physics, but yeah,
>>
>>54075318
Because it makes it easier to feel the bike vibrate under her while she drive-by decapitates people with her monowhip? That's the only reason I can think of.
>>
File: 8588efebd2504ad1c5b49f0816ebf059.jpg (427KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8588efebd2504ad1c5b49f0816ebf059.jpg
427KB, 1920x1200px
>>54068472
Aha, cheers. Couldn't find the rule for it.
>>54075318
Selective touch sensors and such mean no worries about feeling cold, and if you've got a literally sculpted ass there's no reason not to flaunt it.
>>
File: cDKUaWh.jpg (128KB, 751x1122px) Image search: [Google]
cDKUaWh.jpg
128KB, 751x1122px
What's your runners favorite club/bar/dive/place they go to drink, dance, or otherwise drown away their sorrows.
>>
File: 1361401208690s.jpg (7KB, 174x250px) Image search: [Google]
1361401208690s.jpg
7KB, 174x250px
>be running SR for the first time, with a bunch of first-time roleplayers
>Have "session zero" for the purpose of character creation
>players have a ton of fun coming up with character concepts and backstories and are amazed with the sheer amount of options
>Walk out with character sheets for:
>A buddhist healing mage who is basically Charlie from Its Always Sunny but with potatoes instead of cheese
>A Sombra-esque hacker/social engineer who is fucking addicted to Peaches
>Southern as fuck Ork John Wick
>Gender-flipped Legolas
>and Sterling Archer
>mfw
>>
>>54076492
>fucking addicted to Peaches
that's gonna cost her
>>
>>54076567
>Peaches is the name of the fixer.
>>
So I was looking over some of the cyberware bundles in Chrome Flesh and I noticed that one of the options offers both a datajack and image and sound links. Isn't that kind of redundant? Why would someone with a DNI need either of those? Is this CGL's trademark shitty game design? Or does a DNI only give you the option of getting image and soundlinks installed without ear/eyeware but you still need to buy them separately?
>>
>>54076605
I'm guessing it's so that you can implant a smartlink directly, since that one needs a image link
>>
>>54076412

The Private Investigator Mage from my group went to one place and one place only. Chicken, Duck & Good Luck Chinese Restaurant.

The amount of times they got takeout from there during runs baffles me.
>>
>>54076884
I love it. That's the sort of thing that people will remember years later.
>>
>>54073096
I have a bellcurve of automation.

The slum are too poor to afford the robots and still have people do all the services that you'd think would be automated. This is inefficient and holds their society back, and they're operating like the developed nations 50 years ago. Still, they can all afford smart-phones at least.

The working class and middle class, what's left of it, are all handled by robots made by big business. Mass produced and impersonal to drive down costs and scale up consumption.

The elite upper class employ the middle-class to serve them on hand and foot because they can afford to squander money on this sort of frivolous thing as a sign of wealth.
>>
>>54068428
Only if the gnome isn't an adult.
>>
>>54076492
>>A Sombra-esque hacker/social engineer who is fucking addicted to Peaches
Millions of peaches, peaches for me, millions of peaches, peaches for free.
>>
File: 2671544-29325807.jpg (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2671544-29325807.jpg
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>54076412
In an old game we had a favorite place of interest called "The Purple Room." It was a strip club/brothel that was usually used as a meeting place. The owner was an intimidating, but ultimately kind-hearted and generous former pimp and ex-professional boxer. The first time the runners met him he was in the dancers' dressing room helping one of the new girls apply her make-up.
>>
>>54077396
But if the place doubles as a brothel, is he not a current pimp? Or like a madame? A maname?
>>
>>54078275
Sort of the difference between a door-to-door salesperson and a retail worker. Both sell stuff, but one personally pushes product while the other simply provides an environment where the product can be purchased.
>>
>>54076412
The Kennel, a bar in Yonkers, New York. Their fixer bought the place, but lets the dude who runs it originally stick around. They've done a lot of things to that bar, and the neighborhood in general - like creating a hidden helipad, creating a Matrix Host, establishing the place as a base of operations/warehouse for a mercenary company. Good times.
>>
>>54076412
The Stacked Deck, a bar in the lobby of a low-end mob-run casino in Vegas. The runners were all individuals who were indebted to the mob for some reason: one received life saving cybernetic implants from a mob sponsored street doc who he couldn't afford to pay, one was a socialite klepto who had tried to pickpocket the worst possible mark, one was a street racer who fucked with a fixed race, and the last was a street sam enforcer who acted as their handler. The bar apparently smelled like e-cigarettes and vomit crusted linoleum.
>>
>>54076412

The Aviary. It's like a cat cafe, but with fancy elven wine and parrots that speak Sperethiel. The character's parents run it.
>>
>>54079283
Reference to The Bird Cage? Or do I need to sleep?
>>
So GMs of /srg/, how hard do you let the rules dictate your campaigns? If there is a concept such as a spell/character/technology that the rules don't allow, do you let that stop you?
>>
>>54079330

Never heard of it before. I just love me some parrots and needed something that crazy California hippies might do.
>>
File: Skellington Mage.jpg (70KB, 736x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Skellington Mage.jpg
70KB, 736x1170px
We've got 4(5) guys.
>Tank sam (Me)
>Stealth crossbow sniper
>Gun/social adept
>Driver sam
>(Slot is filled by two people who show up half the time, either a superstealth sniper or a helicopter pilot)
We have no mage and no decker. Because decking is AIDS and a bunch of new guys didn't want to learn how to play a mage when they could drive cool cars while shooting things.

We're assaulting a compound. Inside of the compound is ~20 grunts, at least two beefy trolls, and that's all we managed to pick up on our recon mission. I'm specced to soak assault rifle bullets but a proper DMR will make me swiss cheese, and I'm gonna assume they have at least one in there. In addition they have access to an experimental combat drug similar to Blood of Kali.

The payment is whatever we can loot from them and the compound, so I can't just drop heavy ordnance on the place because it'll damage my pay. Employer wants us to send a message.

My initial plan is gas grenade spam followed by flashbang spam once they've got their masks on.

How do you deal with massed enemies without causing too much collateral damage, /srg/?
>>
>>54080001
Pepper punch grenades, gas grenades, flasbangs as you said.

Pain inducers can be useful against the loltrolls.

There's also the fun old 'trigger the sprinkler system, then apply high voltage.' But it takes a bit of finesse to pull off.
>>
>>54070391
The difference being whether you're satisfied with an I-doll with RF4, even if the stats are trash, or if you want to make some kind of murderbot that can compete with samurai.
>>
>>54073096
>Delivery/postal workers being near useless with all the drones and self driving truck taking care of everything

My favourite part of R5 is the bit where they talk about the delivery trucks, and how drivers are basically just there for security of the goods and to smile at customers while machines do the work, so they develop shooting skills out of boredom leading to taking potshots as the truck drives itself.
>>
>>54080001
>My initial plan is gas grenade spam followed by flashbang spam once they've got their masks on.
Gas grenades will fuck people up, and almost every inhalation vector gas is also a contact vector gas. This means standing in the cloud with a gas mask does shit all.

>How do you deal with massed enemies without causing too much collateral damage, /srg/?
Paint grenades with industrial grade lubricant (R&G) - this puts opponents on the ground, and keeps them from picking up / holding weapons, etc.
Element Grenade: Water (Shadow Spells) to make things even more slippery and brick electronic devices from guns to commlinks.
Flashpaks in groups of 4, plugged into a local socket. (recharges 1 charge per 3 & 1/3 turns, so you get 10 turns of insane light, then a constant strobe)
>>
File: 1487208484444.jpg (153KB, 700x859px) Image search: [Google]
1487208484444.jpg
153KB, 700x859px
>>54080001
If you have the time, get a Sonic Screech rifle or a Pain Inducer. Mount it on a drone. Point it at anything you think is going to be a problem and fuck them up temporarily while you deal with the rest of the enemies.

Also, get a few Roto-Drones or smart turrets, give them either Remington 950s/Springfield M1As (if you can afford a high-rating gunnery soft) or AK-97s, and set them up at a distance around the compound. When shit kicks off, start them shooting (snipers at anything that moves, AKs spraying bursts at doors/windows) to keep the enemy divided and in cover while the group pinpoints and takes out the hard targets.

And depending on your GM, be prepared to take surrenders, or at least leave the prepared way out of the compound clear so the enemies have a good place to run away while you go in and loot the place.
>>
File: Game Night.png (309KB, 540x370px) Image search: [Google]
Game Night.png
309KB, 540x370px
>>54080270
I'm a lewdite so Shadowrun's magical realms fascinate me. Between magic and technology the ways to fuck and be fucked are quite endless.
>>
>>54080910
I don't think that's what lewdite means, but I agree.
>>
>>54080987
Lewdite isn't a word, so it can mean whatever anon wants it to.
>>
>>54080910

Porn Vids in the sixth world
>Big Elf Booty 15
>Troll on Dwarf - Can She Take it All?
>Three Orcs One Elf
>Orc Stud Elf Twink
>Troll Femdom 12 - Elves Underfoot

I see what u mean about the opportunities. Astral sex, BTL porn, awakened aphrodisiacs - not to mention stuff u'd be able to go to IRL, like a troll domme or a dryad sex worker. Or changelings. You could actually meet a furry irl for fun and fug.

And if by some miracle the sixth world doesn't have what you want, you can always hotsim VR porn. Vore, TF, handholding - anything your sick mind can conceive of.
>>
would you play a game where you are a team of girl scouts attempting to break into secure corporate facilities to sell cookies?
>>
>>54081760
Why didn't you just ring the doorbell? \
>>
>>54081948
Because you're an independent operator selling an alternative to Horizon-brand Skinny Mints!(tm) to corporate wage slaves in corporate facilities?
>>
>>54081338
>Troll on Dwarf - Can She Take it All?
Twist: the troll is a woman, and they're talking about the whole dwarf.
>>
Quick question. Can aspected mages initiate?
>>
>>54083022
Quick answer yes.
>>
>>54083022
Less quick answer: Yes, they can initiate and benefit from the augmented maximum Magic score like everyone else. They are however restricted in the metamagics they can use due to their aspect. (For instance, an aspected summoner would find 'Spell Shaping' to be useless.)
>>
What is a good niche for an AI to even fill?
I've got all sorts of AI guys I want to play, but I just can't really justify them mechanically with the clusterfuck the rules are.
>>
>>54083571
Plot device.
>>
>>54083571
Just don't, AI fills the DMPC niche
>>
>>54083603
>>54083600
I dislike that AIs are such a huge theme in cyberpunk, and yet shadowrun drops the ball as hard as possible when to them.
>>
>>54083625
Most AI in cyberpunk tend to not be good fits for player characters.
>>
>>54083625
I don't think AIs should be a huge theme in cyberpunk. Shadowrun isn't even conventionally post-singularity, but has completely standalone AIs? In my terminally autistic mind AI shouldn't be in a cyberpunk game, they fit better in space opera and other post-singularity settings.
>>
>>54083635
Well, except for the robots. And the small AIs. And basically anything that isn't a skyscraper sized supercomputer.
>>
>>54083644
Why would you not use AIs in the time period AIs would come about in the genre AIs are all the time important in?
>>
>>54083669
Because I'm familiar with what an AI would entail and the settings that use emerging AI's handle it atrociously in my opinion. Also I'm terminally autistic, as aforementioned.
>>
>>54083744
From what I've seen of AI development, we have a HUGE stage of "just sorta about as good as people" to go through before we get the type of AIs I think you are talking about, what with your talk of singularities and such.
There's also the stage of "really kind of dumb" which we're going through now, which I am sure we will never, ever let AIs live down. I mean, did you see that movie one made?
>>
>>54083781
>I mean, did you see that movie one made?
Eh?
>>
>>54083815
Oh, here you go.
First original screenplay written by an AI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7x2Ihqjmc

"In a future with mass unemployment, young people are forced to sell blood."
>>
>>54083781
We have had 'AI' since we've had computers. When you're talking about the 'AI' of fiction, you're talking about artificial learning that works exceptionally well with insane amounts of computation power. This entails runaway growth into god knows what, including the ability to self-replicate and self-improve.
>>
>>54083840
Yeah, realistically, it's looking like less "runaway growth" and more "slow, painful development".
>>
>>54083815
>>54083831
so, how'd you like it?
I thought the thing wrote a script that really makes it SOUND like something is happening, but fails to actually wrap it together into a coherent thing.
And it's very dramatic, for sure.
>>
>>54083571
Streetsam + Car thief

And no, i am dead serious
>>
>>54083953
Explain!
>>
>>54083953
So you are saying I could play a battlebot that jacked his owners car and made a run for it?
>>
>>54084043
Yes. An AI with the "Pilot Origin" quality, a 'main' anthroform body and a bit of hacking knowledge on top of how to shoot/slice/dodge; you're set.
>>
>>54084077
I am actually kind of hyped about this premise, even though it probably won't amount to anything.
>>
>>54083849
Unless you simulate a human brain
>>
>>54084125
That is also a slow and painful process.
>>
Subject of preperations, can liquids be used as a lynchpin? The core book says that they have to be small enough to hold and manipulate, which I find a little hard. What about something like ice?
>>
>>54084138
Not if you do it at an atomic level
Getting there is slow, but once you're there the rest is near instant
>>
>>54084207
anon, full atomic simulation of a clump of mass the size of a brain is WAY after the development of working AIs on the timeline.
Let alone the quantum components that may or may not be there.
>>
>>54084125
>>54084138
>>54084207
The biggest catch with simulating the human brain, and the thing that may doom humanity as a whole regarding AI, is the ethical implications of working with that.

If someone is allowed to develop an AI through brute force development, you get the issue of DC (Digital Consciousness, because AI is too misused/abused/vague) and proto-DC genocide. It's when you make something fear for its own existence that bad shit happens, and treating potentially sentient creation like it's just another piece of software to have its processes terminated and restarted is what would lead to a survival desperation or grudge situation.

Just toggling the power on and off on a box holding a DC becomes, at best, an argument regarding abortion.
>>
>>54083918
>so, how'd you like it?
Reminded me of this, and felt uncomfortable to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
>>
File: minis-mockup.jpg (260KB, 2560x1059px) Image search: [Google]
minis-mockup.jpg
260KB, 2560x1059px
>>54084077
>>54084043

Yes, its a bit tricky though, and you need to be spending your ressources pretty specific.

AIs are GOOD (read: not-a-hobbit) at exactly two things:
a) changing ownership of devices they are loaded into (Car stealing), there is a special rule for them, just for that
b) "rigging" Drones

So, a) sorta comes naturally, to get b) done right, you need to keep a few things in mind.

- use Karmagen
Priorities are screwed for Ais, you don't get enough ressources

- Get "Pilot Origins" @ level 2

- For an AI with that Quality (and only for those), "Depth" becomes the main attribute for skilltests done in the Drone-Body AND it also allows you to load Autosofts.

As a body, you want the SK Direktionssekretär

Now the tricky part:
How to get good at shooting.

Rigging a Drone with an Arm and using said Arm for an Attack allows you to use your own Skill in the used combat skill (eg blades etc), according to the basic Drone Arm rules in rigger 5

The base agility for a Drone Arm is the Pilot level.

A Drone with Pilot Origins being jumped into a fitting Drone switches the Pilot stat for his own Depth

Drone Arms can be fit with Agility enhancements.
So, we get a basic 6 Agility from your Depth 6, add 3 from the Arm Enhancement, load the Smartlink Autosoft from R5 and have 6(2) in an approriate Gun-skill (don't forget 1 point of STR enhancement for an additonal Point of recoil due to STR 7) and our Drone is throwing 19 Dice in its Gun expertise.
AnthroDrones are also allowed to wear human Clothing, so feel free to fit it with the usual arrays of human armor.
Don't forget to use as much anti-shock protection as possible.

And thanks to Drones not having a Stuntrack and ignoring normal stun damage, you are untouched by quite a lot of fire and can happily walk trough neuro-stun

>>54084110
It actually wörks quite well.
Old version
http://www.foren.pegasus.de/foren/topic/27807-ki-bauen/#entry501900

Chummer doesn't display the INI and pools correctly!
>>
>>54084391
>So, we get a basic 6 Agility from your Depth 6, add 3 from the Arm Enhancement
You don't get to add Agility Enhancement after you replace Agility. You would need the (non-existent) "Depth Enhancement".
>>
>>54084439
The way the rules are written, you do.
You can argue about not liking it, but RAW:

Total Agility of a Drone or cybernetic Arm = base agility + level of agility enhancements.

Base agility on a Drone = Pilot

Pilot on a Drone where an AI with an appropriate "pilot origins" jumped in = Depth

So total Agility per RAW is (Base=Pilot=Depth=6) + (enhancements=3) = 9
>>
>>54084471
>You can argue about not liking it
No. You can argue a preference for believing it, and have provided your own opinion on how it works, not RAW.
>>
>>54081338

I've honestly never thought about Shadowrun this way. Now I'm intrigued.
>>
>>54084839
If you haven't though of it in that way, you haven't read Shadowbeat, Shadowtech or the CP2020 Chromebooks, nor even touched the old fluff.
It used to be that roleplayers were used to handling sex and sexuality if not maturely, then in a way where everyone has fun. Now, though, everything that has to do with sex (and with that a million different hooks and themes relating to materialism, identity, decadence, the human condition and you name it) must be erased for the sake of the people who get spergy as soon as all sex that occurs in a game isn't a contrived gender-special sermon.
Christ, now if only people were interested in trying to do something with it, whether it's just a single game or a whole Book of Erotic Fantasy-tier opus. Or well, now if only someone who isn't a furry from the /pfg/ would want to do it. I'd start writing right after work if I could get something done that could give new players a canon-consistent, neutral and flavorful view on sex and sexuality in the Sixth World and the billion fucking ways you can use it.
>>
File: tumblr_os4yajvXzr1w9mtgjo1_1280.jpg (164KB, 736x948px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os4yajvXzr1w9mtgjo1_1280.jpg
164KB, 736x948px
Head's up, implemented a new system for prototype transhuman. Career mode characters will need to be ported manually because I can't be bothered spending a day coding in a packing solution as a shim, so contact me directly if you have a character that needs fixing.
>>
>>54084951
As stated earlier in the thread, several of the 5e blurb stories deal with sex and sexuality pretty explicitly, like the one with a gnome exploiting a pedophile Johnson for more cash on a run
>>
>>54084391
>AnthroDrones are also allowed to wear human Clothing, so feel free to fit it with the usual arrays of human armor.
Where in the rules does it say that?
This is a super critical goddamn part, and I want to be able to show it to people if it comes up.
>>
>>54084523
>Not RAW

Wrong

Every single Equation i provided is literally RAW from either Core (Total Agility of an Arm), R5 (skills use while jumped in on a Drone with Arms, Agility of Dronearms in relation to Drone pilot) or DT (steps of subsituting Attributes for others on AIs, depending on chosen Qualities and being jumped-in).

Feel free to provide contradicting evidence from the books or bugger off.
Though i doubt you have spend enough time on the topic considering even your base assumption is flawed.
You aren't "replacing" agility anywhere in this thing.
Drones never have an actual agility score to begin with that you replace, instead their arms effective agility rating is based on its pilot and this can further be enhanced according to p125 R5.
So there is really never an issue. You aren't replacing Agility by Depth. Agility is USUALLY simply BASED on Pilot and in the specific case outlined above, it is based on Depth instead.
>>
>>54085412
In ways that occur in the modern world and can be connected to sociopolitical issues that appeal to the newer player base.
Especially since a lot of more classical cyberpunk elements and in general setting elements that require people to actually imagine a different society have been cut out recently, all that remains in that case is a childishly simple statement of "using your gender or the promise of sex to cheat or extort people is okay, because it's all the fault of the big white-man corporations and their pedophile shitlord leaders".
Does this perchance remind you of the opinions held by a large part of the userbase of a certain site from which CGL draws freelance artists and writers? May this have some connection to the sudden surge of "feel-good" runs, pink sidecuts and gender-special characters in 5e?
Addressing an issue in a way that doesn't encourage or even allow debate, as it is when all the talk of sex is neatly packed up with a Tumblr-flavored moral and not used to flesh out the setting at all, is not just meaningless, it also skews the game to favor people with specific political opinions.
Does what you claim is proper usage of sexual themes get anywhere near Shadowbeat and the Chromebooks? If not, we're not looking at themes, we're looking at a single sociopolitical message crammed down players' throats.
>>
>>54085422
>they can even use some metahuman equipment, such as clothing, weapon or tools

Right there on P145 of rigger 5, in the paragraph called "Anthropomorphic Drones", almost at the end
>>
>>54085496
Thanks!
>>
>>54085496
>>54085503
I sure hope drone armor stacks with clothing armor.
>>
>>54085525
Nope
>>
>>54085536
That don't make a lick of sense, given how cybernetics totally stack with armor.
I assume it is either untrue, or there entirely for balance purposes.
>>
>>54085489
The game is skewed towards a certain political perspective anyway and always has been. The truth is Shadowrun has always actively encouraged a progressive' mindset, specifically a left-leaning libertarian approach as personal freedom and agency and exploitation of minorities are both somewhat central themes.
>>
>>54085564
I think its game balance, but hwo knows?
>>
>>54085565
Alright, confirmed for never having read the older books.
The games have always recognizably been written by a politically biased writing staff, but there have always been other ways to "properly" deal with the issue in-universe, characters who didn't agree with the writers were often portrayed in a positive light nonetheless, and most importantly the writers were actually conscious that every one of their players didn't agree with them and thus made sure to write fluff on even things they didn't like personally.
CGL's Tumblrite freelancers simply don't mention any fluff related to groups they disagree with, don't make choices that they don't agree with viable, guilt-trip players, make unsympathetic writer Sues used as political mouthpieces and generally deprive the game of content in favor of skewing choices that should be difficult towards just being a matter of choosing the one that isn't a ridiculous strawman.
On top of that, the issue here is also that CGL isn't continuing the old Shadowrun setting but instead trying to use CFD, clumsy corporate metaplot and "muh cloud" to make the setting just the modern world with caricatured "patriarchal" corporations (notice how the only ones who aren't sneering monsters are the ones who appeal to minorities, and how they always seem to win despite having much narrower customer bases and less political pull), where pixies with sidecuts act as wish-fulfillment vessels for 400-pound Tumblrinas whose character choices are limited to "spunky sidecut-wearing minority Sue" and unholy AI abominations.
>>
>>54085472
>Wrong
Keep your trumpetting to yourself. Thanks.

>Every single Equation i provided is literally RAW
Nothing you wrote is Rules As Written. Literally it is not RAW. It is your nebulous definition of RAW, which seems to be, "the stuff I write and believe follows the rules", but IDGAF about that - if you're going to argue RAW, use actual RAW or pipe down.
>>
>>54085650
>its not RAW
It literally is, you flamming faggot, i even gave you the means to look it up.
Now either do that, provide literal quotes where i am wrong or (the more sensible option), shut your trap.

>>54085525
There is no proper answer on that.
Book says nothing on it (neither yes, nor no), so its entirely up to you.
Wakshani (the author of said part of the books) said he intended them to not stack, but that doesn't mean much.
More often than not, what the Authors want and what ends up in the books are two different things.
Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.
I'd let it stack, similiar to Orthoskin, though you wouldn't get the bonus for vehicle armor on your total Armor level of course..
>>
>>54085650
So how about you start providing quotes contradicting what he said to stop looking like die kleine trompeter yourself?
>>
>>54085630

Where do the problems start in your opinion? At what edition? Or at what point in time?
>>
>>54085742
Fanpro.
Year of the Comet.
SURGE.
That was what set the precedent, and then CGL rode with it.
>>
>>54081760
>>54081987
It would be a fun one-off, but I don't think I'd want to do with SR rules unless the group was really familiar with the system. Otherwise I'd do it in the Blades in the Dark hack, because I find that lighthearted games are done best with light systems.
>>
>>54085742
Different Runnon here:

The problem is heavily overplayed.
Sure, quite a lot author are tranny-enabling special snowflake yezebelerites, but the setting still contains Humanis, racial prejudice against trogs and infected and other stuff.

Don't bother desu.
>>
>>54084189
It has to be a discrete item. So you could have a potion, where you drink the stuff inside/splash it on someone to get the effect, but you can't drink half of it and use the preparation twice, or spread it on the ground as a puddle of Manaball the size of the room, or other things that are inherently possible with liquid mediums.
>>
>>54085791

I was mostly just curious to see how much contradicting/grasping for straws/putting on the tinfoil hat would happen.

Either it's a movement of people who fear that Tumblr is taking over the world or it's one guy posting in all these threads who is very vocal.
>>
>>54085760
Maybe the cyberpunk you fell in love with is just dead. It was always a product of the times, and in need of a refresh now more than ever (even though cgl is clearly not the team for the job). Maybe CD Projekt will save us.
>>
>>54085650
he's right though, the base agility on a drone arm is it's pilot, and drone arms can have cybernetic enhancements. SInce an AI with that quality can use it's depth as the drone's pilot rating it would increase the base agility to it's depth and the enhancements would stack on top of that for the drone arm's total agility. The only way you can arge it's not RAW is that the bit about adding enhancements to drone arms is in the optional drone modding rules, but even then that is written, you just have to convince the GM to let you use those rules over the base vehicle modding rules.
>>
>>54085841
Fuck that noise, the witcher game's writing is bad.
>>
>>54085827
10% former, 90% latter

We have a tranny among the freelancers and a few special snowflake enablers like the Guy who wrote "Crimson", but besides sexuality changing operations not costing any essence, i don't see much of an issue.
>>
File: 1492615277864.png (46KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1492615277864.png
46KB, 475x475px
>>54085866
But is it worse than cgl's?
>>
>>54085910
No.
Also CDRs writing isn't bad to begin with.
>>
>>54085841
Or maybe "it's dead because it's a product of the times" is a tired postmodern excuse for biting onto the newest shit despite it not being good.
Shakespeare's works were a product of his time to a ridiculous degree, his works crammed with themes, references and narrative techniques specifically written for the time, and a lot is satire - but you don't see people dismissing him as "a product of his time".
The value of the work as a sociopolitical tract falls, yes, but through that it becomes easier to use as a work on its own. If anything, Shadowrun 2e has just about matured to perfection about now, since it isn't relevant to current politics and we have enough genre knowledge to iron out the problems that popped up during natural development.
>>
>>54085918

Then play second edition.
>>
>>54085918
I think Shakespeare's works are highly overrated.
>>
File: 1472065306764.jpg (86KB, 736x992px) Image search: [Google]
1472065306764.jpg
86KB, 736x992px
>>54085630
>notice how the only ones who aren't sneering monsters are the ones who appeal to minorities, and how they always seem to win despite having much narrower customer bases and less political pull

But that's wrong.jpg

Horizon had about 30 seconds where they were shiny and optimistic, before the Technomancer Massacre and they got their ass kicked by Aztechnology. EVO is generally somewhat more positively, but it's clear they're doing Bad Things® with headcases and that only CFD's interference stopped what they were doing in space.

And for someone who is going on about the old fluff, you seem to have never read the stuff about Dunkelzahn, because that is what I always think about when I see EVO stuff. The majority of Jackpointers are fans of it, and it will take a long time before they are able to open their eyes and see what shit is really going on (didn't happen with Dunk until the post-Will era, and there are still people who say he's better than the average dragon despite still being a manipulative asshole).
>>
>>54085948
You're honestly telling me that you think the big twist isn't that EVO was trying to save the world through some kind of sociopolitically charged method that "no one else would understand" all along?
CGL uses the same tricks over and over again.
>>
File: Deus Desu.jpg (1MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Desu.jpg
1MB, 1000x1500px
>>54083571
>>54083625
The problem with AIs is that Shadowrun had them, and used them well, throughout it's early history. You had the whole story of Echo Mirage, Deus and Megara, even Crash 2.0/Dissonance depending on whether or not you think it's good.

But that kind of AI doesn't lend itself to being player characters, because in Shadowrun they didn't have the development arc that you're talking about (or rather they got through that off-screen and started at powerful distributed intelligences), and trying to scale that back down to player levels is hard. It's hard to suddenly put limits on these new AI when we know that a glorified smarthouse turned into an omnipotent genocidal monster basically as soon as it was turned on.
>>
>>54086006
Not him, but I think the twist is Evo are doing horrible cyborg bullshit because ~transhumanism~.
>>
File: 3jhtOy0.jpg (13KB, 200x215px) Image search: [Google]
3jhtOy0.jpg
13KB, 200x215px
>>54086006

Sweet jesus are you actually for real?
>>
>>54085819
Another thing that I through about. What about sustained spells that are beeing done with a preperation that move? Like, what if I do something like a toy car prepared with a physical barrier spell? Can I activate it and let it keep moving around or is it unmovable (until the barrier goes down)?
>>
From its inception, Shadowrun has been about evil megacorps in a capitalist system run amok, environmentalist and nuclear alarmism, and oppressed brown people becoming magically awakened due to their heightened spirituality and connection to the Earth or some horseshit and taking back their rightful land that was stolen by the evil whites which directly leads to the dissolution of the United States.

but cgl employs a tranny or something oh no shadowrun is sooooo liberal now you guys
>>
>>54086147
Step 1 of being a fan of cyberpunk these days seems to be ignoring basically everything other than the shiny augments. That's why Deus ex has you playing a corporate thug, and it's why The Last Night's plot is basically "In the dark cyberfuture of 2076, innocent corporations are oppressed by the common man."
>>
>>54086195
Eh, I don't think it's bad to occasionally turn people's expectations on their head when exploring a worn-out setting. I just think that anyone saying "wtf shadowrun is left wing now!!?" is a goddamn idiot.
>>
>>54086258
But since when is cyberpunk worn out? There's been so little in the last 20 years.
>>
So, ugh, what campaigns you chummers runnin/playin?
>>
>>54086485
>ugh
BBEG

>what campaigns you chummers runnin/playin?
Well, I'm a fairly new GM running a 4e game set in the AGS.
My players include:
Pacifistic Druid Mage
"Street Magic" Edgelord face
Trigger happy, Bow wielding Ork Sammy with Vory connection
and an underage Decker (NPC)

Together they do jack shit
>>
>>54086485
Currently I'm running a 5e game set in Seattle. We've got an Elf Face who likes high living and shooting handguns. Then a Dwarf Technomancer and de facto team lead who crams Machine Sprites into every fucking wireless device imaginable. Then our muscle, a human longarms vory affiliated samurai who hates trogs.
>>
>>54086485
I'm currently putting off designing a defunct and closed off hab unit controlled by an AI obsessed with turning the work-drones left there into a glorious Communist State after absorbing a bunch of Soviet Propaganda trids.

I have a group of new players, and I want to strike the fear of GOD into the decker. Still trying to figure out how the swarm rigger will work in there, and a reason why the AI won't just immediately try to kill him through the drones.

Also trying to figure out how to run some twists and make it last a full 4-5 hour session. Should be fun, though. I have a whiteboard on my wall that I just keep going back to to add rooms and remove. I love GM'ing.
>>
>>54086258
Yeah, except it's never really turning expectations on their head, it's just missing the goddamn point. Like, there is potential for some kind of socialist-esque dystopia in a cyberpunk, but most of the stuff we get is just bleh.
>>54086485
Weird swedish thing. Currently we're being paid by a brain in a jar to steal from a winternght bunker
We have a vampire adept, a SURGE sammy, and a dwarf rigger.
>>
>>54086485
Running 5e set in Miami/Carib League for some new players.

I'm setting up a three way war for power with the established crime syndicates, an ambitious new syndicate, and the Azzies. My runners are a pistol adept who comes from a long line of career criminals, a redneck rabbi mage, a disgraced Yakuza smuggler, and a trog-hating hacker who used to work for a Russian syndicate.
>>
>>54086030
>It's hard to suddenly put limits on these new AI

I can justify any limits on AI characters or new AI in the setting with like 2 sentences.

"Megalomaniacal psychosis and other forms of what are effectively mental illness occur with almost definite frequency when a digital consciousness is either stretched too thin or across too many networks. This is bad both for the DCs and everyone else."
>>
>>54085723
>Anthromorphic drones [...] come with a full set of two drone arms and two drone legs
>A drone’s cyberlimb starts with [...] an Agility equal to its Pilot.
Note that does not say, "constantly adjusts to equal its Pilot." The truest test of this, whether the default drone arm or a newly installed drone arm, is to ask what the Pilot rating is before you turn on the drone.
>A drone limb may have the base drone’s starting attributes as much as doubled, no matter how many increases that is. The limb attributes may not go higher.
RAW (actual RAW), you need a drone with a starting attribute (not the Depth attribute replacement - the initial attribute) of Pilot 5 or 6 to reach Agility 9. You can argue about not liking using the drone's attributes, but whether you buy a drone or a limb, that's what you get.

>Unless otherwise noted, use the standard cyberlimb rules
>Cyberlimbs have their own Strength and Agility ratings.
>Physical attribute enhancements add their Rating to the appropriate attribute of the limb.
Covers that the limbs have their own separate, static attributes once purchased (again), and enhancements add to the limbs' attributes.

>If the drone is using the arm for a test that would normally be Agility-based, use the limb’s Agility, rather than the drone’s Pilot Rating.
Then you have this.

So which rule am I missing to ruin a GM's day with some turbo-autist's wet dream, you rainbow winged cock sucker? :^)
>>
>>54086485
5e
Los Angeles area
Team is: human decker (me)
pixie mage
ursine shapeshifter physical adept
dwarf sniper-type gun adept
shapeshifter techno-rigger

It's a shitshow. I'm waiting for the time I can get them all into some sort of automated room and trigger the cannons and gas attacks and wipe them all out so that these clowns won't play a fucking circus on their next go-arounds.
>>
File: tumblr_osatgpzDEb1rsagu3o1_1280.jpg (693KB, 1262x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osatgpzDEb1rsagu3o1_1280.jpg
693KB, 1262x1920px
>>54085650
>>DT 156, AI Vehicle Combat:
>[...]AIs with the Pilot Origins quality may use autosofts in place of active skills, they also use their Depth in place of the Pilot rating of vehicles/drones they are running on.
>>
File: tumblr_os1rkgy9B41sfa0r3o2_1280.jpg (224KB, 900x547px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os1rkgy9B41sfa0r3o2_1280.jpg
224KB, 900x547px
>>54087035
Whups, misquoted there.
>>54086985
So in your world, if you upgrade a drone's Pilot Rating, the effective agility score would not increase?
>>
Hey chummers
Can someone shoot me up with suggestion for a Corp name
Its media network, around A or double AA
Subsidiarity or partially owned by either Ares or Horizon
>>
>>54086985
Wow, now thats some high level stupidity.

>Note that does not say, "constantly adjusts to equal its Pilot

Which it doesn't need to, it already gives all the needed information.

>ask what the Pilot rating is before you turn on the drone

Which is something entirely different than what is written in the text, even omitting the point about upgrading.

Your selective quoting obviously helps your case.
But all "starting agility" is, is the Value before cyberlimb enhancements are added to the equation.
>Covers that the limbs have their own separate, static attributes once purchased (again), and enhancements add to the limbs' attributes.

Sure.
Irrelevant to the point though. Base = Depth and you add the enhancements from there one.

>Then you have this.
Also irrelevant and basically going conform with my writings.

Without this paragraph you'd be using effectiveAGI=Pilot(=Depth) instead of effectiveAGI=Pilot(=Depth)+enhancements

>RAW (actual RAW), you need a drone with a starting attribute (not the Depth attribute replacement - the initial attribute) of Pilot 5 or 6 to reach Agility 9

That is an entirely different point not related to the ongoing discussion.
I disagree with your interpretation that the Pilot-derived attribute is "fixed" (especially considering that its software getting replaced by software) but even IF one would follow your interpretation, its not much of an issue considering "Pilot" is an upgradable Attribute and the only difference would be going from 19 to 18 shootyshoot Dice.
Literally a non-issue here.

>So which rule am I missing

Sadly, the ability to read isn't a rule.
>>
>>54087293
Translink Corp
Gnosis INC
Daily News Incorporated
The Learning Host
Luminary Corp
Uplink
>>
>>54087401
whats up link
>>
File: 1488836726206.png (542KB, 811x710px) Image search: [Google]
1488836726206.png
542KB, 811x710px
>>54087401
>Uplink
>>
>>54087697
Huo, HIIAAA, He, He, WHOOOAAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLtLbiQBe8s

https://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/
Hacking Simulator
Available on Steam and GOG
Pretty good

>>54087698
this chummer gets it
>>
>>54087293
IntelNet
Zenith News Network
>>
>>54083571
AI make amazing Street Sams and Riggers. It's easy to have 5d6 initiative and 22+ shooting out of chargen, while also being immune to most forms of damage.
>>
>>54087933
Wew, have fun being another target for that "nooooooooooooooo, it doesn't WÖRKWÖRK like that" retard from above.

But yeah, AIs are bredi gud Streetsams.
They get even better when you fill all that useless capacity in their limbs with steamers connected to Neurostun deposits or just put some neurostun grenades into small smuggling compartments that you trigger wirelessly.
>>
>>54086195
Haven't kept up with Deus Ex, but isn't the whole thing that Jensen is involuntarily trapped by the corp in like 6 layers of conspiracy, with competing Illuminati trying to use him as a weapon against the others?
>>
>>54086901
But when Deus was in one place, he was just as crazy before he began operation proto-CFD. And what is 'stretched thin' to an AI with no physical location? Can it not direct drone swarms with an RCC? Why can't it process data from multiple sources as well as a human with a datajack, when the human/machine connection has so many more steps in it?
>>
>>54087017
>shapeshifter techno-rigger

You mean a shapeshifter who is also a technomancer? Because aside from heinous faggotry and really poor optimization, it's forbidden; can't have Resonance and Magic.
>>
>>54088160
He's a technomancer who rigs.
>>
>>54087017

Don't you have a Humanis rally to attend?
>>
>>54088005
Yeah, I replied without refreshing the page. How could one guy get virtually all the AI rules so completely wrong?

The answer is shitty CGL editing. The answer is ALWAYS shitty CGL editing.
>>
>>54087017
>how dare other players have fun
>better tpk because muh party purity
Also this never happened and quit shitposting made-up scenarios for brownie points.
>>
>>54087336
>Your selective quoting obviously helps your case.
As does yours, which revolves around the idea that attribute replacement works off the base attribute. Something I haven't seen you support with anything but personal assertions.

>Which it doesn't need to, it already gives all the needed information.
>Which is something entirely different than what is written in the text, even omitting the point about upgrading.
By the time you get around to replacing Pilot with Depth, you're not dealing with the "base drone's starting attribute". No room for reinterpreting that one.

>even IF one would follow your interpretation, its not much of an issue considering "Pilot" is an upgradable Attribute
Yes, upgradeable. As in, not the starting attribute of the drone.
>>
>>54088599
m(

You probably are some kind of troll or w/e.
Have fun roleplaying(?) a guy with to many chromosomes, I'll do what the rest of the people ITT who told you that you are wrong did: Stop bothering.
Have fun being a spastic and enjoy your second-hand M-b-W lvl3
>>
>>54088077
Nah, the corp he works for is portrayed as Nice and Good. The illuminati are trying to control the corporation via a liberal strawman.
>>
File: 724[1].png (133KB, 680x679px) Image search: [Google]
724[1].png
133KB, 680x679px
>>54088977
>>
>>54088126
The basic idea of the limitations is to limit shenanigans. I'm not totally familiar with the Shadowrun setting, but the idea is that I'd want to limit an AI/DC to basically just being another player character.

If you want to logically justify it, think about if you were tasked with running a bunch of shit. Think if anyone was. Even the best multitasker would eventually begin to lose it. Especially if they were trapped in a box. With no relief. Without anyone even caring.

So for an AI/DC to stay sane and not turn into another Deus, they'd need to take care of themselves and be taken care of. Just as a person needs to. So there-in is the fix. Less total disregard for the fact they are, in fact, a mind. They may be able to do some wacky shit, but that wacky shit all comes at a cost.
>>
>>54085948
>there are still people who say he's better than the average dragon despite still being a manipulative asshole
Are you saying he isn't?
>>
>>54089928
Like, with that you can even get into shit like rogue AI/DCs that go off the deep end and try to go full Deus and then fuck it up gloriously. Where just being an AI doesn't implicitly establish it as being particularly good at anything. Eccentricities.
>>
>>54083840
The "Singularity" is a pipe dream, and is honestly about as realistic as the idea that magically there will be a -human being- with the capacity for exponential runaway growth.
>>
>>54089952
Dunkelzahn is like the Emperor in 40k: he wanted to save "metahumanity" as a whole, but didn't gave a shit about individuals. (Meta)humans were just tools to him.
>>
>>54090173
>but didn't gave a shit about individuals.
This is sticky. Because analytically the only way socialism works is via investment while minimizing gross expenditure. So it may seem there is a lack of compassion towards the individual, but in reality it's trying to maneuver into a point where the resources WILL be available to not retard forward movement while also granting them luxuries.
>>
>>54090217
I mean, for the first few years in any game of Tropico the people consider me to be a horrible leader who is wasting money and sucking immigrant cock.

But then the returns come in and the machine starts functioning.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.