[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kobolds- Chicken of the Cave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 4e_kobolds.jpg (30KB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
4e_kobolds.jpg
30KB, 350x276px
Had a really weird game the other day, was fine until a friend of the DM, fighter named Mars, decided he wanted to eat the kobolds we killed.

He brought up that apparently in canon Kobolds are delicious chicken of the cave. This guy has been playing since 2nd ed- Is this true? Are kobolds canonically delicious and eaten by adventurers, or is this magical realm territory? He seemed pretty adamant that he was right, DM didn't seem too sure though.
>>
>>54040366
Chickens are not sentient. Bolds are. That said, it could easily be a taste of his character specifically, if not the setting in general.

>Put down the ladle Cedric, my momma made better stewed 'bold than that
>>
>>54040366
Do you eat goblins and gnolls?
>>
>>54040400

But that's my point; he was saying that Kobolds are canonic in DnD as being regularly eaten by adventurers. I wanted to know if that's true, as my google-fu hasn't found anything supporting that. He also kept using the "Chicken of the Cave" line. Like. A lot.
>>
>>54040366
>>54040427
2e is my favorite edition and I've never heard of this. Your friend is bullshitting you.
>>
>>54040441

Not my friend. Dm's friend. I was invited to the game. Seemed fine until the fighter suddenly announced he'd like to eat what I and my druid character consider sentient beings.

>>54040405
No, but my Druid is a vegetarian. Can't speak for the rest of the party.
>>
>>54040466
>Not my friend. Dm's friend. I was invited to the game
Semantics. Point is, it's bullshit.
>>
>>54040478

Alright. Well. Guess I gotta bring this up with the DM. I don't care if people want to RP badwrong characters, I kinda care if they're making shit up so they can justify eating people as in-canon.
>>
>>54040366
They're refuse eaters and cave dwellers, their meat is gonna be sinewy and poor tasting, they would be the crow or even worse, the vulture of the cave.
>>
>>54040523
Vulture is the chicken of the desert.
>>
>>54040523

Well that's what I thought too, especially as the DM described them as desperate enough to be boiling shoe leather for food. I'm hoping I've not joined a game with people that have really specific fetishes and like to RP with them.
>>
>>54040502
Just play it cool he was probably just joking
>>
>>54040366
I have played characters that eat Kobolds before, seems yummy.

I was a bear though.
>>
>>54040594
>>54040594
That kind of vore isn't common at all. I doubt he gets off to it
>>
Did someone say kobold?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.