[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Necron Lore - Mindfuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: lychguard_by_jasonjuta-d5lcagr.jpg (149KB, 504x720px) Image search: [Google]
lychguard_by_jasonjuta-d5lcagr.jpg
149KB, 504x720px
Lorefags of /tg/.

Busy writefagging as I am oft to do, and have stumbled upon a conundrum.

Necron lore, right, now do the Worriors loose their individuality, memories of themselves and their feelings due to their souls being stripped, (all Necrontyr had their souls stripped and fed to the C'tan, so lords, overlords ect should be the same...) or is it due to them being on the constant front line during the War in Heaven, loosing bits and pieces of their own identity after each death facing the unimaginable warp fuckery that is the Old Ones?

Also, how anti-warp are they? Assume Black Library material is unavailable to me. How daemon-melty are they?

Pariahs aren't what I'm talking about. Say a heretek tried to nab his own Necron Warrior and injected a script- or Scrapcode Daemon at its inner Glyph-code. (What I assume the Necrontyr used instead of plain old binary.) What can be expected? Would the ridiculously advanced anti-viral programming fuck the scrapcodes shit or would the daemon-code, not entirely definable or following basic logic actually get shit done?
>>
>>54039388
>now do the Worriors loose their individuality, memories of themselves and their feelings due to their souls being stripped, (all Necrontyr had their souls stripped and fed to the C'tan, so lords, overlords ect should be the same...) or is it due to them being on the constant front line during the War in Heaven, loosing bits and pieces of their own identity after each death facing the unimaginable warp fuckery that is the Old Ones?

It's because the royalty didn't want to spend the resources to give them good bodies, so their processors are shittier.

>How daemon-melty are they?

Not very.

>What can be expected?

It would probably work.
>>
As far as I know, they lost thier souls due to them being eaten by the c'tan, which also meant they lost all emotion, free will and thought as well. Tbh I never understood why some of their leaders like Trazyn or the Silent King where able to keep their personalities.

So first off, having neither a soul, nor any emotions makes them literally immune to daemonic corruption or possesion, so they're good there. Melting your enemies at an atomic/quantum scale is also pretty damn good, but I don't really know how that would equate to incorporeal beings like daemons. At least, though, they have the numbers to keep up with the daemons thanks to their living metal and reanimation protocols.
Also, in the recent gathering storm books it was revealed that the necrons built these so-called pylons, which where on cadia, for example. The pylons act a pillars that keep reality and the galaxy from slipping into warpspace. When cadia was destroyed, it literally cracked the galaxy in half.

The virus thing, I'm not sure. Chaos can infect AI, but thats because it's reached a certain amount of self-conciousness, and I don't think that warriors are selfaware. Also everz molecule of them is made from living metal, and as far as I know, thats pretty much immune to daemonic possesion.

Don't quote me directly on this, tho, since I'm actually just a nidfag.
>>
>>54039388
>Necron lore, right, now do the Worriors loose their individuality, memories of themselves and their feelings due to their souls being stripped, (all Necrontyr had their souls stripped and fed to the C'tan, so lords, overlords ect should be the same...) or is it due to them being on the constant front line during the War in Heaven, loosing bits and pieces of their own identity after each death facing the unimaginable warp fuckery that is the Old Ones?
Every single Necron lost their soul when being transfered into their new body, and every necron lost at-least a little something of themselves in the process, though the more perfect (read expensive) the process, the less was lost. That's why the lords/overlords etc... have most of their personalities... though even the best of them came back not quite... right (because, again, no soul.) The warriors on the other hand got cut-rate transferences that didn't bother preserving anything that wasn't of use to their lords.

>Also, how anti-warp are they? Assume Black Library material is unavailable to me. How daemon-melty are they?

Well, they were designed by the C'Tan who HATE chaos, and were masters of the physical laws of physics as much as the chaos gods are masters of the laws of the warp, so they are probably pretty resistant, though I guess... THEORHETICALLY succeptable... though again, no soul, so it's extra hard on-top of being built specifically to counter warp-users.

>Say a heretek tried to nab his own Necron Warrior and injected a script-
Hacking a necron warrior with Demon-code would be really Really REALLY hard... however, hacking it with some Demon-Friendly but not-itself-demonic code would probably be more feasable... though still insanely hard.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.