[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a solid game with a strong system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is it a solid game with a strong system?
>>
Yeah, it's pretty decent.
>>
>Palladium
No
>>
Better than 3.5 caster edition
>>
>>54036158
Yes , just do mot think Rifts is a strong balanced system due to it's father system (Fantasy) being great.
>>
Like everything Uncle Kev does, it's basically stolen (from house ruled ad&ad). Pirate it if you want to check it out. Don't give that scumbag anymore money.
>>
>>54037049
Ironic, a game where the designer has stated that game balance is retarded is more balanced than a game that makes an effort.
>>
>>54037607
3.5 was a step in the right way they just forgot that a level 10 fighter and a level 10 Wizard in 2nd D$D was not the same power level. It took so much more XP to level the caster classes. By keeping the same spell slot per level and making all levels cost the same XP, They over powered the casters
>>
>>54036158
I like it and it does have a strong AD$D feel to it. Only done so much better
>>
The games great, real good history and setting.
Grab northen kingdoms and high seas for good add ons.
Not a huge fan of the jungles but western and eastern kingdoms are also great....whole games great honestly.
Wolfen necromancer and coyle air elemental were my last two chars super fun.

Assassin and the better of the two thief classes and the sruids class is total screwed up for leveling. But other than that its top tier
>>
>>54037726
Also, you could buy up your constitution and dexterity to make you less frail, and your spell selection was more expansive as far as the shit you could do. Also 2e had 45 1st level spells compared to B/X's 12, and was already a step in that direction, itself.
>>
Palladium magic and psi system are great too.
Versatile and powerful, good selection with out alot of repeats like 4d6 fire damedge vs 4d6 ice....the ice spell feels total diffrent than say fire or the call lightening spell.
Call lightning being the best direct damage spell in the game...imo.
>>
>>54037726
For the most part you're correct, but IIRC for 9th and 10th level the Wizard will reach that first unless you also use the per-class/per-person XP sources.
And the Rogue would have become a leader their own band of thieves like three levels before either of them reaches double digits.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.