[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hail to the true God Emperor of Mankind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So /tg, I'm wondering to start a tabletop Dune campaign as my usual party would like me to GM one for them. Age is going ti be the last centuries of Leto II's reign. What system would be the best? An adapted Rogue Trader would seem to do fine, but I'm non confident enought. Any though/ideas/suggestions?
>>
>>54031747
there's definately nothing Dune specific, but FATE really does work well as a catch-all. Though, which catch-all/refluff would work really depends in the FEEL you want to give the game. Tell us more than just the genre or setting.
>>
>>54032496
OP here. The idea is to put them against the situation of the Empire at the end of the Golden Path - heavy on politics and schemes, between Tleilax powermoves and the resurgence of a splinter branch of Harkonnens, but with some combat somewhere. They will be "manchurian candidates" for the Bene Gesserit, descendant of centuries of specific breeding to achieve their goal (thus justifying their above-the-average stats).
>>
But the theme of the God-Emperor's reign was exactly that... nothing happens. Ever. Enforced peace. Utter boredom. Leto streamlined and simplified everything. As the wikipedia article on God-Emperor of Dune says:" the entirety of human society has become an audience for him".
Any sign of unrest? Leto send his fish speakers and the whole comotion is over after "an days", not even "an months".
>>
>>54033618
That is the reason for choosing the last century of His reign and the Tleilax as "enemies", with heavy politics and the Harkonnens resurgence - as you might now, they were one of the few families with a no-chamber even before the rise of Paul Atreides. I was planning to set the more "Active" moments of the story inside a big secret no-chamber build by the Richese in one of the smallest worlds once controlled by the Harkonnens. No unrest, only politics and detective job up to the no-chamber. Unless the PCs do something stoopid - in which case, it's Fishspeaker time.
>>
40ks Dark Heresy would do well
>>
>>54033172
Okay, but on a scale of 1-10 how gritty vs heroic do you want it to feel.

at a 1, we're talking The Dark Eye meets Dune: extremely gritty and deadly, focused on making the world real more than msking the story heroic. At a 10, we're talking hardcore heroism, where the actions of the players can change the fate of the universe (IDK, maybe they were secretly bred in No-Spheres, and distributed to orphanages around the universe so they're immune to prescience.)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.