[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make interesting gods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 12

File: nws-st-african-elephant[1].jpg (524KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nws-st-african-elephant[1].jpg
524KB, 1920x1080px
/tg/, I'm working on the gods for my setting, and I'm wondering how I can make them interesting. What makes a compelling god? Does it basically come down to the people that worship them?

I'm noticing that it is significantly harder to write "evil" gods, if you're trying to be authentic and stray away from edgy shit.

The first evil god that I'm working on is a god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity. Humans often depict him as a large elephant or ape-like creature with a fat, muscular form.

How do I go about building a mythology around him? If he is going to be a villain, or rather "inspire" villains of a campaign, how would I got about deciding his motivations?
>>
It really depends on how much you want to involve gods in your campaign world. I prefer to keep them as part of the scenery and not active participants. An evil god is not a villain to defeat, he is more of an obstacle to overcome - you can smash down his temples and kill his priests, reduce his worshipers to nearly nothing for all perceivable future, but you won't be removing an evil god permanently. Gods are inscrutable and more of pillars of existence than sufficiently powerful adventurers.

If you have a pantheon of specialized gods, there has to be a decent reason for someone to support an evil god of raping and killing puppies and kittens over some other god that actually promises good things to its' adherents.
>>
>>54029116
>The first evil god that I'm working on is a god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity. Humans often depict him as a large elephant or ape-like creature with a fat, muscular form.

Make him a big jolly guy like Bhudda, who's all about just having a real nice party and hanging out with your friends. However, his idea of a good party tends to involve millions of people dying. But in person he's just this really chill fat guy who encourages people to let loose and have fun. His kind of fun, that is.
>>
>>54029184
>there has to be a decent reason for someone to support an evil god
Yeah. That's a really good point. Some of the published modules that use evil gods don't even do this right.

Why DOES a person decide to worship an evil god?
I guess they have to make a promise to their followers that is greater than what's being offered by "good" gods.

I guess this means that it's important to observe the philosophies associated with different gods and their religions.
>>
>>54029116
Make your evil god basically a prison warden. Yeah, he's evil, and yeah, he's a monster. BUT, if his domain within the spirit realm or whatever didn't exist, then all the souls of the rapist, murderers, sadists, and psychopaths would be free to roam the countryside.

The only thing I can think of that's worse than being raped and tortured as a child, is being haunted for the rest of your adult life by the souls of those who raped and tortured you after they all died for one reason or another.

So yeah, truly sick twisted souls can and do worship this god, because they gain short term benefits. But the long term benefits for everyone involved is that the evil god/gods keep the evil souls contained in the afterlife.
>>
>>54029116
>What makes a compelling god?
Personality. Not usually their representation, but why they represent it or how they do it.
>Does it basically come down to the people that worship them?
Typically, no. The people worship them because they hold the same values or find them virtuous or true. Also rephrase this, I thought you meant to physically descend on them
>...if you're trying to be authentic and stray away from edgy shit.
This usually depends on the setting and what the people view as evil.
If it's your typical "murder, thievery, and all things gross" type of evil, then you don't have much outside of edgy that is still believable.
If it's something unique like keeping animals, then your evil god may have a menagerie or you'll find their symbol on animal-sized cages.
>god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity...fat, muscular form.
Think if Dionysus had the rape tendencies of Zeus, but the figure of Buddha.
>building a mythology around him?
Maybe there was a war between the gods and mortals, and he was a manipulator and took on human form, trying to fuck with people. Maybe there was a pantheon-sized disagreement and he just didn't give a shit. Maybe instead of take things seriously or ever heed warning, he just drank wine and tried bondage. It's up to your imagination.
>...how would I go about deciding his motivation?
Maybe he's a sadist or a cynicist. Maybe he just wants a really fucked up party going on down on Earth at all times, and his worshippers are just lazy bums who do what they want because it's fun.
As for the villains' motivations, maybe he promises eternal happiness as long as he's fucking up someone's day. Perhaps the villain has a rape dungeon or has killed someone, and he thought that was really cool of him and gave him powers of fucking stuff up for fun. Again, up to you and how you run the world.

Tl;dr
>>54029207
>>54029184
>>54029220
>>54029232
>>
>>54029220
Or it could be like Hades in greek theology: you simply feared him so much that you had to appease him with the occasional tribute
>>
>>54029207
>Hey evil-buddha, this is a really great party man! Lots of snacks, great music and drinks. Lots of cute girls...
>He laughs, sitting back, "I'm glad you're enjoying it anon! Say... How 'bout let's really get this party started!"
>A line of 50 slave girls come in, all chained together in a row. Evil-buddha releases their manacles, then pours a box of daggers in the center of the room
>He laughs then slaps you on the back, "The last one standing gets to fuck my friend, here. Then she's a free woman..."
>>
>>54029243
I don't see much need to appease a god of revelry, since he's all about enjoying himself.
Unless they were human sacrifices.
>>
>>54029116
In general terms? Make religions, rather than gods. There's a list, dr Zahir's questionnaire, that will help with making cultures and figuring out what's most important to them. Those important bits are your portfolios, and stories explaining or highlighting them are your myths. If they repeat across cultures, you have you major dieties and their aspects. Do it right and you have sensible religions that people would join and follow, as well as some quirks and oddities that make them memorable. The more you know about your world, the less you have to make up, and the more engaging it may be.
>>
>>54029264
I love this idea actually. The most sadistic shit and he treats it like a game, playing with freedom and mortality.
>>
>>54029264
Shamelessly going to steal this idea here for my own use later on.
>>
File: 1498469973974.png (27KB, 1247x935px) Image search: [Google]
1498469973974.png
27KB, 1247x935px
>>54029264
This is actively painful to read.
>>
>>54029286
>>54029270
>>54029264
I'm thinking of calling this god "Hraug" or "Hraug, The Reveler of Calamity"

What are other scenarios that Hraug would put mortals into?
>>
>>54029305
Watch Kaiji. Literally every situation in the anime is engineered by an incredibly rich, evil asshole.
>>
>>54029305
Think of the Hunger Games.
Now add good writing.
Your reason for this crucible is already answered: Hraug.
That.
>>
>>54029220
"Mindless brainwashed cultists" only go this far, typically. I think that it helps for evil gods to have more encompassing pantheons that aren't necessarily all about evil things. Urgathoa from Golarion's pantheon, for example, is a fairly generic life-hating goddess of undead but she is also a goddess of excess. You don't necessarily have to be an evil necromancer to pursue her - you could be a hedonist, trying to wring the most out of life in an admittedly selfish matter. At your death bed you might take the final plunge so you can savour your plunder beyond the mortal coil.

I don't think she's a particularly good example, but I like the connection between excess, selfishness, and undeath.

Faustian deals can be a pretty good motivator for some unscrupulous people too. Good gods won't help you off a competitor, but if you sacrifice an innocent to the God of Murder during new moon, that enemy of yours just might fall onto a blade. It's too bad that these dark deals often have further implications...
>>
File: religion.pdf (58KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
religion.pdf
58KB, 1x1px
>>54029116
Here, take this it should help.
It deals with making a religion, why people would worship an "evil" god, and even some on how magic might work.
>>
>>54029333
HOLY SHIT! I think I've seen this before, but I didn't have it saved. (I didn't even think about it, actually.) Thanks anon!
>>
>>54029305
>once a year have his followers capture the most loving, gentle, kind mother in the entire village/town/city
>bring her to the temple along with her spouse and all of her children
>force her to choose between killing one of her own children, or watching as they all die
>the blade she is holding is merely illusionary
>after her attempt at murder fails, tell the sacrificial child that their mother doesn't love them as much as her other children
>give the child the choice of joining their order by commanding the execution of all of their family members, or return home knowing their own mother would have willingly killed them to save her favorites
>no matter what choice is made, Hraug has received his entertainment
>>
>>54029305
>Party marathon
>Last 100 partiers get divine gifts
>the ones who succumb, one way or the other, get warped into living furniture to replace all the shit that gets smashed (and is smashed again).
>besides that it is a normal party with drinking contests, rousing songs, and a general good time had by all.
>>
>>54029328
>It's too bad that these dark deals often have further implications...

See, I think that this is one of the reasons why I have trouble writing evil gods.
Because evil gods mostly have bad intentions and are usually very clever.
As you can tell by how poor my my writing skills are, I'm not very clever, nor am I good at coming up with subtle intentions beyond the surface of a deal.
>>
>>54029338
No problem, I've been using to it set the background of a world for wargaming. There can't be the "Land of a Million Gods" without a few examples.
>>
>>54029364
Just make it petty shit. Like:
>woman makes deal with Hraug
>woman is transformed into most beautiful chick in all the lands
>perfect tits, perfect ass, 10/10 would fug
>every person she has sex with winds up with puss oozing warts covering their entire genitals
>>
>>54029364
If you feel like it, make that weakness into a strength. If you can't write in clever, subtle deals underneath the surface, maybe they don't exist. He just wants to see someone get mutilated in good fun.
>>
>>54029417
That sounds like it would come from a god of disease and infection more than a god of revelry in chaos.
>>
>>54029417
>>every person she has sex with winds up with puss oozing warts covering their entire genitals

Nah that isn't very party like. A better thing would be that she's so attractive everyone is constantly lusting after her. Even that 90 year old man down the street. Or the happily married groom. Or her own father.
>>
>>54029346
This is sadistic and evil and you should feel ashamed for even thinking this. Something must be seriously wrong for thinking like this.
I love it so much I'm stealing it.
>>
>>54029439
Well, it doesn't have to be warts on your dick, it could be something else.

>>54029446
Not just people, animals too.

>>54029450
Aw gosh, thanks anon.
>>
>>54029348
>>
File: 1458033546555.jpg (26KB, 547x274px) Image search: [Google]
1458033546555.jpg
26KB, 547x274px
>>54029348
>>54029346
Hraug is the fuckin' best!

>It is rumored that there is a legendary wine that is made from very specific ingredients
>The legend says that if it is poured into a golden cup, by one of noble birth that it grants immortal life

>It takes months of preperation to acquire the grapes for this wine
>It takes years to gather the other ingredients
>It must be stored in perfect conditions, and if it goes bad you must start over
>A craftsman must learn his spend his entire life learning the secrets of the trade specifically for this one serving

>It is actually just a very powerful poison
>The legend is circulated by Hraug himself... Just because...
>>
>>54029466
Don't you just hate it when that happens?
>>
>>54029346
>The followers treat this whole process as a harmless prank and joke around and laugh as it all happens, with the same innocence and jollity as though it was a harmless jest.
>They're all just here for a good time, after all.
>>
>>54029495
"Geeze man, relax, nine times out of ten nobody even dies!"
>>
>>54029495
I'm imagining after she "stabs" one of her kids some cultists jump out and throw confetti over everyone in a "gotcha!" moment and a laughtrack comes out of nowhere.

That's what I think the core of Hraug's worship is about. None of them are edgy or evil-sounding. They all act and look like mirthful revelers out on the town ready to have some fun with their bros.
>>
Either very "human", or 100% one dimensional.
>>
>>54029305
Simple one, but
>gift a villager on his moon day with a closed vase
>within is a venomous serpent who will obey your every command
>"The vase is very nice, and the prince will be making his way through tomorrow. The prince would love a vase like this, and a vassal like you. Take the prince's things in the night; they are yours now."
>oh, and the snake can't actually be controlled
>>
>>54029484
The most suspenseful, complicated prank ever, just to watch someone waste their lives and kill themselves. Genius.
>>
>>54029364
Assuming that gods do not take active participation in world events, they would have to work through intermediaries. Their priests, their divine servants, or even their avatars when things get dire.

I would think that even in a generic fantasy culture, an average person would give only nominal respects to the gods. To a commoner, the great god of farming and abundance is at best at the back of their mind. The fields still need tilling, and no matter how you venerate a god, he won't do it for you. An average pirate or soldier might carry a few trinkets of appropriate gods, but they're hardly devout.

Anyone who actually takes effort to venerate a god would have a greater connection. An average peasant from before might sacrifice some of his crop to the great Tiller of Skies once a year but unlike a priest he's not really bound to that god.

So if there is a great drought, the peasant might just go hungry but the priest might see visions sent by the god and be divinely compelled to act.

Followers of evil gods would have a much closer connection to their god simply because most of these gods would be underground. No functional society would openly venerate gods of murder - that's bad business for everyone even if the local duke goes peasant-huntin' every other month. So to follow an evil god is not just going into a church for your weekly sermon and forgetting the whole thing five minutes after, it involves willingly becoming its tool on the mortal realm.

The God of Murder doesn't physically come down and smite someone, but his followers are compelled to eventually have secretive meetings, form their own assassin guilds and the rest follows. If you're praying to a god of murder for the death of your competitor, you're probably into some shady shit to begin with - if you weren't, you wouldn't try to murder a guy to begin with.
>>
>>54029495
>>54029511
>>54029512
I think I found a patron saint of Hraug
https://youtu.be/4J9i91IuHOo
>>
>>54029512
>That's what I think the core of Hraug's worship is about.

Yeah, I think that's the core thing. Half of it has to be "a practical joke gone wrong" or a party that's went too far.

Whenever a highschooler throws a party while his parents are out of town, and he's not able to get it cleaned up in time? Hraug is there.

Whenever some asshat is doing a prank video for youtube and he accidentally starts a fire in his apartment? Hraug is there.

Whenever a huge battle breaks out, and the victors stand over the bodies of their slain foe, letting out a joyous cry, Hraug is satiated.

Whenever a raider throws a woman over his shoulder to make a slave of her, Hraug excitedly grinds his teeth and drools in the darkness.
>>
>>54029549
>Whenever a huge battle breaks out, and the victors stand over the bodies of their slain foe, letting out a joyous cry, Hraug is satiated.
>Whenever a raider throws a woman over his shoulder to make a slave of her, Hraug excitedly grinds his teeth and drools in the darkness.
These two have nothing to do with the first three
>>
>>54029545
HAHAHAH! I knew what this video was before I even opened it!

>>54029539
You could literally make a whole campaign where the players undergo a huge labyrinth of traps and challenges, literally months of sessions learning the secrets of "some strange, alien trickster god". And at the end of all of it, there's a masterwork chest. After spending days trying to unlock the box, there is nothing but a bottle of cheap booze and a folded piece of paper that says "Congratulations!"
>>
>>54029346
>parent nearly sacrifices their kid because God said so
Oh hey I read the Bible too.
>>
>>54029561
They're all examples. The first two are
>haha this idiot partied too hard now hes boned. that's funny and I like it.
and the other two are
>that's some shit that I would do, I like that a lot.
>>
>>54029561
Hraug is also the god of revelry in calamity. Whenever there's lots of bloodshed and someone starts celebrating, that's a tribute to him.

Hraug loves REKT threads on /gif/
>>
More Hraug goodness
https://youtu.be/MrBW4EArpsM
>>
>>54029561
Not him but I think they kinda do. The first is the herald of a victory celebration, so maybe he wouldn't be satiated but he'd certainly be like "Oh shit I might need to keep an eye on this" and the second might imply she'll be entertainment for the night in their camp.

On another note, I think a good way to describe Hraug without mentioning him would be to call him "The God of a Good Time", since that's what he's about. It doesn't need to specifically be a party, it just needs to be an excess of celebration/tomfoolery that inevitably takes a darker turn.

On another nother note, do you guys think this could lead to kingdoms banning parties for fear of Hraug's influence? That could be interesting.
>>
This Hraug is starting to sound pretty neutral.
>>
>>54029545
>>54029595
Hraug's patron saint has competition https://youtu.be/7bCzbUiB87M
>>
https://youtu.be/7NxhEq_VKH8
>>
>>54029605
He sounds like a Gary Stu of a god that'd put even YHWH to shame
>>
>>54029606
That's nothing. DoF told Cody WW3 was happening and it's his fault their dogs are gonna die from the nukes. I'll try and dig up the video.
>>
>>54029605
>This Hraug is starting to sound pretty neutral.
That's probably what he wants people to think. Sometimes. I bet he likes to take it slow in places that are farther from his influence/harder to corrupt. Get some people to tempt the locals into having just one more drink, or finally knuckling down and seeing that prostitute that's been giving them looks, or smoking that weird herb that's new in the alleys. Hraug's people are those guys at a party always trying to take it to the next level and pressure people to get involved and lose their inhibitions, even if they feel uncomfortable.

>>54029631
This can probably be mitigated by sticking in some other gods. He just looks tough because he's the only one we have so far. Then again, imagine a setting with this guy as one of the biggest, most central deities. It'd be a fucked up place.
>>
>>54029598
>kingdoms banning parties for fear of Hraug's influence
Oh shit! You're right...

>The only celebrations that are now allowed are heavilly guarded religious affairs that only happen under the the eyes of priests
>Only specific dances are allowed, and drink may only be served with food.
>Even small rural communities that have had festivals for centuries are now forbidden to practice tradition without permission

I should make a goddess of "pastoral living" and harvesting/fertility that is the opposite of Hraug.
For centuries, her followers have celebrated the coming of events in their lives, and it is all ruined because of her fatass brother.
>>
>>54029116
I dunno hiow it fits your style bit gods in my campaigns are mortals. A godpower is reincarnated abilities from person to person and no god can make himself immortal, thus gods are truly fickle creatures. Power manifests at age 14, and person can live up to 200 depending on a race, before dying of old age.
They can be killed just as anyone, but the powers just jump to next random person who then immediately knows this as does immediately godpowers worshippers.

Dozen gods exist at any givem time.
>>
>>54029665
Hmmm... I feel torn between two concepts.
Do I want the pantheon to exist through its influence, like real religions?
Or do I want it to exist in a sort of "psuedo-real" way, like Norse gods?
>>
>>54029644
So this is basically Footloose?
>>
>>54029643
Oh, so now he's a master manipulator and cunning strategist on top of bring a prank obsessed hedonist that's also the god of war and rape?
>>
>>54029697
>You have to be a master manipulator to convince some peasants to liven up their shitty lives by partying just a bit harder

m8

I think what's gotta be figured out is how strong gods are in this setting. Like shit, every setting needs its Zeuses and Poseidons
>>
>>54029697
No, I don't imagine he'd be THAT clever. I think he'd only be able to take influence over people once they've gotten in to a certain mindset, or they're drunk.

But I always did intend for him to be a god of war. I just don't think he'll be THE god of war, in this setting. He's more like the god of rubbing it in people's faces after they've been defeated in battle. And he's only the god of gangrape or celebratory rape.
>>
>>54029644
>For centuries, her followers have celebrated the coming of events in their lives
How would this be the case if there was always Rapist Frat God ruining everything? Parties would never be a thing if each and every one empowered RFG, even without worshipping him.

Kinda like how no surviving human civilization has a "put your dick in a starving crocodile's mouth" gatherings
>>
If we're sticking with D&D's alignment system, Hraug doesn't sound all that evil. Probably Chaotic Neutral, he would accept CE rapists and murderers and CG party hounds just fine and probably enjoy watching them fight.
>>
>>54029717
>he's not THAT clever
>he just has the ENTIRE WORLD fooled!
Christ, he's a fucking LN protagonist. "He's not overpowered, he's just better than everyone in every way!"
>>
>>54029728
>Hraug doesn't sound all that evil.

>A line of 50 slave girls come in, all chained together in a row. Evil-buddha releases their manacles, then pours a box of daggers in the center of the room
>He laughs then slaps you on the back, "The last one standing gets to fuck my friend, here. Then she's a free woman..."

senpai...
>>
Soooooo Monkey Slaanesh
>>
File: alligator.jpg (150KB, 700x951px) Image search: [Google]
alligator.jpg
150KB, 700x951px
>>54029740
Again, I think this is primarily because we don't know how he scales against other gods. What if there's a dozen other deities in a massive pantheon that are as strong as if not stronger than him? We just don't know.

>>54029722
>Kinda like how no surviving human civilization has a "put your dick in a starving crocodile's mouth" gatherings

pic related
>>
>>54029722
Maybe Hraug is the younger brother of Harvest Goddess? He could be a relatively new god, or maybe he was a god of something else before he became Hraug.

Maybe he was just a good natured god of holidays and special occassions, but one day something happened and he started drinking...
Over the centuries he started getting a little wilder and a little crazier.
Right now he's just ushering people in to mass killings.
But one day, if he's not stopped, he's going to take it to a whole new level, and he's gonna date-rape reality into oblivion.
>>
>>54029740
>>54029697
confirmed for just trying to derail the thread.

Join us in the conversation, instead. Give some input on the specifics. If you think we should tone him down, tell us in what ways. :)
>>
>>54029766
>south Africa
>surviving civilization
It's being propped up by outside support.

Or are you saying Hraug I'd the god of welfare queens too?
>>
>>54029767
I like this. Gods are always supposed to be larger than life and have emotions beyond mortal ken, so what happens when a god fucks something up, gets ostracized, and turns to drink to numb his problems? Maybe that could be a thing for him, one of his weaknesses. You could rile him up by trying to force him to accept responsibility or otherwise blame him for whatever fuckup he did that caused him to become what he is now. Excessive partying can be an avoidance tactic after all.
>>
>>54029741
That's just one edgelord example of Hraug's doing. I'm pretty sure it's made up by anti-Hraug's activists.

Literally everything else he does is party hard and being a sore winner.
>>
>>54029777
How is a derailment if it's a discussion of the topic at hand, retard?
>>
File: alligat.jpg (92KB, 538x564px) Image search: [Google]
alligat.jpg
92KB, 538x564px
>>54029790
>>
>>54029799
It's actively trying to piss someone off or say their ideas are bad. It really doesn't help and we're trying to help OP create something new and cool.
Even though we've resorted to gatorposting.
>>
>>54029795
Well, he's sort've based on an "Anti-buddha". So, how could we impliment that into him?

DOES ANYONE KNOW A LOT ABOUT BUDDHA? What would an evil, yet jolly buddha be like?
>>
>>54029790
>lazy fat cunts who spend other people's money on their own hedonistic exploits and use their own children as meal tickets to further this life of selfishness
Sounds pretty Hraug to me.

Lonqueesha confirmed for Champion of Hraug
>>
>>54029116
>motivations
First rule of good character building: everyone believes they're doing the right thing, gods are no exception. Some gods may be overtly evil, but they shouldn't think that what they're doing is wrong; they would embrace it as the way things should be. So your god of Revelry might uphold self-serving hedonism as the highest ideal, regardless of the cost to others, and scorn anything else as self-deceiving altruism at best, or an oppressive threat to joy at worst. If mortals are inspired to take up his path, perhaps he guides them because they amuse him, and watching them reach new heights of destructive debauchery brings him joy.

Hmm...I could also see a childish, trickster god alternative to this. Powers and appetites of a deity, but the emotional maturity of a petulant child.

I'm getting a chaotic vibe off of this one.
>>
>>54029812
Yes. I am actively calling his ideas bad. That isn't derailment, it's disagreement. Since when is /tg/ such a fucking hugbox that dissenting opinions are considered trolling?
>>
>>54029812
>or say their ideas are bad.
But they are bad. Nobody would worship a god of gangrapes and senseless, inhumane cruelty of his worshippers unless it was to prevent that shit, not partake in it.
>>
>>54029799
It's literally "People are discussing something and having fun, so I'm going to try and shit on it."

You see more than one person discussing something and you actively try to fuck it up.
>>
>>54029805
>Florida
>civilized
On top of that, notice how he put his dick in the end of the gator NOT covered in teeth. AFTER binding the mouth shut at that.

In the end, you're just further proving my point.
>>
File: 1448441093182.jpg (26KB, 553x351px) Image search: [Google]
1448441093182.jpg
26KB, 553x351px
>>54029606
>a fire preparedness drill will traumatize your child
What the fuck is wrong with these two retards? Does anyone actually enjoy watching these shit cringy "reactions"?
>>
>>54029827
But I'm partaking in the discussion dumbass. I'm actively discussing how retarded it is to try and make this Hraug fellow (which is a retarded name, I might add) the god of Everything
>>
>>54029813
I know the basics. He was wealthy and lived in a palace and left all of it because he saw the world as full of suffering, so he meditated on that under a tree for a long time until someone gave him food. He declined, but they persisted and he became enlightened.
Buddhism is based on the principle of "Life is suffering. Stop wanting = stop suffering so no more pleasure."
Anti-Buddha would want people to want more, which kind of makes sense with Hraug here.
>>54029823
>>54029826
Then say that outright instead of going "hehe sarcastic remark because I know what's good and you don't"
Really, just provide something instead of underhanded depreciation.
>>
>>54029855
Well, it just got said. Do you have any respones that would contribute to the discussion?
>>
>>54029822
>Powers and appetites of a deity, but the emotional maturity of a petulant child.
Definitely this!

To a god, mortal lives are nothing. We are like ants. Our suffering is nothing. Our emotions are nothing.
It's a wonder that our devotion or praise means anything.

Maybe an older, wiser god that has had a lot of experience with mortals can understand.
But Hraug? He's a fuckin' retard. He doesn't just harm for the fun of it, he harms because he doesn't realize the damage he's causing. He's like a baby wiping chocolate syrup all over the carpet. It's funny and it's exciting.

He's literally drooling with his eyes rolled back in his head at the debauchery that's unfolding before him, but then when someone intervenes he starts screaming and crying and "doesn't know how it got there".
>>
>>54029813
>Anti-buddha
Buddha was never fat or jolly
>>
File: happy bhudda.jpg (22KB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
happy bhudda.jpg
22KB, 480x292px
>>54029813
I'm the guy who originally came up with the idea. I kinda made it up on the fly and it was generally just thinking of fat gods, then pic related, then what if pic related was evil, what would a fat evil guy's theme be?, excess, partying, done. Isn't Bhuddism supposed to be about letting go of the material world and finding Nirvana or whatever though? What if the philospy of Hraug's followers is kind of the same, but all warped. "All the stuffiness of the material world just gets in the way of people's happiness dude, just let it all go and watch these slaves fight for the chance to fuck you, c'mon man have a beer, you'll feel great in a couple seconds."

I should mention that its like 4 am here.
>>
>>54029850
Can you shut the fuck up about how much you dislike something when everyone else is trying to make it seem fair and interesting? We're fleshing it out as we go, not making it flawless with one remark.

Speaking of which, how would you design a god that revels in lust, debauchery, and calamity?

>>54029878
That's the point. Anti-Buddha.
>>
>>54029855
I am providing you with something. I'm saying "don't do that, it would be retarded".

When you tell your kids not to touch the stove, you're not obligated to give them a list of things that they should touch.
>>
>>54029850
>Still not contributing to the discussion.
Are you that bored, man?

Does it feel good when someone responds to your troll posts? I'll respond, if you need someone to talk to.
>>
>>54029880
That isn't Buddha, dumbass. Nor is Buddha a god
>>
File: Jesus Buddha 420.jpg (98KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Buddha 420.jpg
98KB, 500x281px
>>54029813
Buddha was a sheltered prince who one day saw suffering among his people and was like 'yo what the FUCK is this, this is bullshit' and then became an ascetic monk but grew weary of their self-flagellating ways and was like 'no this ain't the way either' and meditated on his lonesome for 49 days before arriving at the truth of the world and so on and then spent the rest of his life spreading his teachings and was jesus's room mate for a while if my anime is to be believed
So the anti-buddha should be a nihilist who cares for nothing but his own gratification and pleasure- a prince abusing his power to delve ever deeper in depraved attachment to pain and pleasure, spreading woe and suffering because it makes his dick tingle, a sadistic demon who revels in his monstrous appetites and seeks to bring others into the fold, but is too self absorbed to really care all that much about proselytizing.
>>
>>54029889
>we're making a turd right now, we'll polish it into a diamond later
That's not how it works
>>
>>54029880
Not me.

>>54029894
Welp, there goes the thread! Thanks for your contribution everyone. I appreciate it.

This is why we can't have nice things. Fuck this website.
>>
>>54029894
Yes but risking a child burning their own flesh on a household item that will always be there, and is a risk to them because of lack of responsibility is a far different situation than "hey I'm making a thing. Please help make it nice instead of shit on what other people say please."
And just because you don't like what someone has to say, does not mean they are a dumbass or retarded, thanks.
>>
>>54029897
I've contributed more than you. All you're doing is responding to me and derailing the discussion into some faggy Tumblr tone police bullshit
>>
>>54029116
Just take a shitty internet meme and make it serious. Put some fluff on top and you're golden.
>>
>>54029903
Well like I said, I just made it all up on the fly. The image I got was from when I just googled "happy bhudda" and was titled as such so I dunno, call him whatever I guess.

>>54029920
Oh wait shit I didn't mean "Guy who came up with the idea of Hraug in the first place, I mean "first guy to equate him to evil Bhudda," located a few posts down.
>>
>>54029923
>And just because you don't like what someone has to say, does not mean they are a dumbass or retarded, thanks.
No, them making dumbass or retarded posts makes them retarded. You retard.
>>
>>54029928
That's literally what's happening in this thread right now. Hruag, Deity of 'It's just a prank, bro."
>>
>>54029880
That's a bit of an oversimplification. Even in the more theistic versions of buddhism, gods and other supernatural creatures are seen as trapped in the same cycle of suffering and the only exit is through nirvana.
>>
>>54029116
I'm so sorry your idea got turned into a couple of tards arguing about how smart they are and how wrong everyone else is. Hope you got what you were looking for!
>>
>>54029908
>nihilist who cares for nothing
>but his own gratification and pleasure

So he's a hedonist, not a nihilist. Stop oppressing the poor nihilists, they aint done nuthin' wrong.
>>
>>54029939
>Deity of 'It's just a prank, bro."
And war
And rape
And welfare
And cunning

Oh and he's also a good boy who dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>54029944
You guys helped a whole lot. He's really fleshed out now, and I've started working on the next god in the Pantheon. I'm actaully thinking of reworking all of the good gods I wrote today, now.

I might actually give the campaign an eastern sort of flair, concidering this is actually one of the first aspects of the setting I'm working on.
>>
Remember that time Carl Glittergold, a certifiably GOOD god, collapsed a cavern and killed all those kobolds? It'S JUST A PRANK BRO.
>>
>>54029920
>Fuck this website.
You can always fuck off back to 1d4chan or whatever other pit of cancer you came from.
>>
>>54029874
Ooh, interesting. That could push it back even further from petulant child to almost an animal force, without even an idea of right or wrong. He likes the taste of Revelry and so he wants more, period. Consequences are beyond his comprehension. and mortals under his influence have a similar lack of judgement. Nations would be brought to their knees in areas where his influence is strong.
>>
>>54029925
>>54029912
>>54029978
Quit trying to stop Hraug's will from being spread. Enjoy yourselves instead of shit on everyone else's sadistic fun.
>>
>>54029814
So does this make Jews his chosen people for propagating welfare states, racemixing, cultural degeneration and general degeneracy wherever they go?

It also fits into his "manipulative mastermind" aspect too
>>
>>54029777
>:)
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54029993
>So does this make Jews his chosen people for propagating welfare states, racemixing, cultural degeneration and general degeneracy wherever they go?
Would make sense for his inner circle to advocate sobriety ethnic purity and basically everything he overtly stands against.
>>
>>54029116
>How to make interesting gods?
Step 1: Ask /tg/ to make you an interesting god
Step 2: Do the opposite of whatever they suggest

Pretty much the only way to use this board, desu
>>
>>54029963
Consider a god of cataclysm/apocalypse/imminent change. "This, too, will end" would be his unofficial motto. An ominous figure, all kinds of disasters are considered connected to him, whether an earthquake, a plague, or a revolution. He might be supported by a raving lunatic living in a cave outside the town, or by glorious peasant revolutionaries, or a dark coalition of nobles plotting to take down the reign of king. He brings change, and it is said that he is an omen of the end of existence.
>>
>>54030017
They may not practice it themselves, but by controlling the media and entertainment venues they can influence everyone else into living the YOLO SWAG BBC4ME LGBTQIA+ PROUD KEK life that Hraug desires
>>
>>54029812
>It's actively trying to piss someone off or say their ideas are bad
What you are doing is attempting to create a Tumblr/Reddit/FF.net type hugbox.

Ideas cannot thrive in a bubble. They need examination, deliberation and - yes - criticism.
>>
>>54029983
What would a case of a cult of Hraug getting out of hand in one region look like?
>Local lord finally captures a bandit leader that's been giving him trouble for weeks
>Holds a feast to celebrate
>"Huh... That feast was pretty fun last night. Let's do it again!"
>The feast goes on another night
>Then a week
>The larder is starting to run out of stock
>"Haha! Have the peasants bring up some more food and ale!"
>After a month, the whole town is starving, the nobles are growing fat like hogs
>The local adventuring group goes to the castle to investigate
>They walk in on the main hall of a bunch of fat piglike noblemen having a food orgy in a pile
>>
>>54029889
>That's the point. Anti-Buddha.
You're so depressingly ignorant of other cultures I'm starting to think the cultural appropriation folks have a point.
>>
>>54030040
>criticism
Saying "That's shit!" isn't criticism
Saying "That's shit because ______. You should fix it by ______." is.

If you don't like it, you can go back to /r9k/, /b/, or Whatever MOBA you learned your social skills from.
>>
So if Hraug is the god of Jewish manipulation of mass media, does that mean you can appease him and convince him to pass over your village with an offering of bare feet from prepubescent teenage girls?

Is there a Hraug Day where all girls 12-15 are forced to go about their day barefoot in order to convince Hraug to leave them be?
>>
>>54030033
Sounds about right.

Remember, BLACKED.com and most gay sites are owned by jews.
>>
>>54030021
I think I'm definitely going to do this, and I don't even think I'm going to make him evil. I think I'm just going to make him the god that governs the passing of time. He is "He who watches the world unfold".
>>
>>54030043
Figures the Hraug idea would be co-opted by magical realm fetishists. What's so fun about an adventure where you walk into an orgy? That's gross. I don't want an adventure about going to see an orgy. Nobody does.
>>
>>54030058
I was feeling bad at first that I replied to this thread with advice without reading all the other comments first. Now that I've read it, I think I made the right choice.
>>
>>54030058
Yeah but some sacrifice their daughters to him for power. They usually become his concubines for a year or two.
>>
>>54030063
And the Russia/Trump Conspiracy is literally bullshit that CNN's jewish CEO is pushing for views.

An undercover journalist got their senior producer to admit it.
>>
>>54029116
>The first evil god that I'm working on is a god of Revelry in calamity, debauchery, lust, and depravity. Humans often depict him as a large elephant or ape-like creature with a fat, muscular form.

Take notes from Hindu mythology - several deities have rather sinister attributes, but none have these exclusively. You could make this god the origin of life, the protector of nature or the one who keeps the wheel of fate turning, or some such.
>>
>>54030056
>social skills
>this is shit here is why
>IT'S JUST FOR FUUUUN
>No really bruh it's--
>YOU HAVE NO SOCIAL SKILLS
People tried to explain the issue several times.

There is no point repeating it.
>>54030073
It's a magical realm fetishist idea.

Always was.
>>
>>54030081
Does he parade their bare feet about during minstrel shows that he puts on for the sake of profit and cultural manipulation to promote degeneracy?
>>
>>54030075
How can I prevent my threads from devolving into this sort of shit in the future? As you can see, the first half of it was going really good, but then something happened and it all turned to shit.

I've been lurking and posting on 4chan for almost a decade and it always devolves into this at some point. How do we keep the wave of positive feedback and open discussion going longer?
>>
>>54030073
The very first post had Hraug forcing slave bitches to murder each other in a blood orgu for the right to fuck him and only NOW you're complaining about MUH MAGICAL REALM
>>
>>54030091
Simple, it's the golden rule of 4chan: Don't feed the trolls.

Unfortunately, no one ever obeys this rule...
>>
>>54030073
Maybe they don't stumble on an orgy in progress, but they do stumble on the aftermath of one, and something dangerous got summoned from another plane and nobody that was part of the revelry is with it enough to defend themselves in any way. They're all just pointing and laughing as some horrible extraplanar creature devours them one by one.

For extra plot hooks, maybe there are visiting dignitaries from nearby nations, and if the party doesn't stop the summoned creature before they are devoured, then suddenly you have a war on your hands.
>>
>>54030117
Maybe it'd be better to let the war occur and wipe Hraug's followers from the face of this earth
>>
>>54030091
There is open discussion. People criticizing your idea is a byproduct of open discussion. What you want is a closed discussion hugbox where all ideas deserve positive feedback instead of just the good ones. A god of hedonistic rape and murder can work, but never in the way presented in this thread. They should be appeased out of fear, or warded against. Any cults that spring up would be tiny, obscure, and self-destruct from the way Hraug demands worship.
>>
>>54030070
I wouldn't say he's evil either. Probably neutral on the grid. He's a god of ending and change, whether good or bad, and the superstitious might see his hand in just about anything of note. (whether or not he is directly involved is up to just how involved your gods are in the world, i.e. can you light a torch without God of Fire)

So on the lighter side, he represents growth and recovery and on the darker side, eventual inescapable enthropy, aging and death.

"This too will end" is a fitting motto because it's the best thing one can say to someone going through agony and the worst thing to someone going through bliss, at the same time.

If undead or other methods of permanency exist in the setting, he might be pretty vehemently against that shit.
>>
>Hraug
>ZOG
Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>54030082
>12 intelligntce agencies agree they literally hacked the voting machines
>LOL CONSPIRACY JEW JEW JEW

The face of the Trumpkin movement.
>>
>>54030091
>wave of positive feedback
If you want nothing but upboats and circlejerks you're on the wrong site
>>
>>54030091
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I think this is par for the course on 4chan. You can put a question or an idea out there, but you don't get to decide who runs with it.
>>
>>54030091
Don't try to 'throw out' people.

Don't try to silence people.

Don't try to keep ideas the way they are when thei issues are pointed out.

Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>54030091
Just don't read and don't respond to trolls, as long as there is at least 2 interested posters on topic the thread goes on regardless of all the shit in between.
>>
>>54030133
https://youtu.be/jdP8TiKY8dE
Straight from the horse's mouth. But hey, you can just keep ignoring the truth and shoot up some more Republicans, Berniefag.
>>
>>54030091
This the natural state of free conversation on this website. All that can be done is ignore or accept them. I personally like it here because all the vitriol keeps the thin-skinned and joyless types out. Think of shitposters as 4chan's immune system. People who can't handle negative remarks and would encroach upon the freedom of speech present in this site are quickly chased away, even if the conversation quality takes a dive sometimes.
>>
>>54030158
Sure, but why so they have to shit on great ideas like Based Hraug? Do they just hate people who creativity and originality?
>>
>>54030166
Everything is hated on in equal measure. The subject isn't the target, the person behind it is. Regardless of the quality of the idea, if the person behind it is not able to handle people not liking that idea, then this site is better off without them.
>>
>>54030152
>shoot up some more Republicans
Well what else are guns for? Aside from shooting black kids because they looked at your lawn?
>>
>>54030158
That is a fresh take on it, actually. I guess I should appreciate that aspect of it. It seems annoying at first, but if you think about it by the time the "trolls" showed up, I had really had all the discussion necessary, so I guess it's time to move on.

Thanks Anons. Have a nice day/night!
>>
>>54030166
>>54030158
>>54030091
Read the book Antifragile.

4chan is like that.

It REQUIRES dissenters.
>>
I get up to take a shit and what the fuck do I come back to?

>>54030133
>>54030152
>>54030177
What the fuck are you retards going on about?

>>54030091
>>54030166
>>54030182
Quit being such a little bitch. If you want a circlejerk then find some other place to hold it.
>>
>>54030133
http://www.npr.org/2017/06/14/532824432/if-voting-machines-were-hacked-would-anyone-know
"There's absolutely no evidence any of this happened in last year's election."

You trust NPR, right? I trust them. They're pretty objective and good about fact-checking. If NPR is saying that officials are saying Russia didn't hack the voting machines, are they wrong/lying? Is this fake news?

>>54030166
Nobody would worship a god of wanton rape/murder by raping and murdering. That's an extremely anti-social religion that winds up making everyone else hate your guts and your cult goes extinct because all of your neighbors enact vengeance for your horrific, horrific beliefs. It's a shit idea.
>>
>>54030196
>Nobody would worship a god of wanton rape/murder by raping and murdering. That's an extremely anti-social religion that winds up making everyone else hate your guts and your cult goes extinct because all of your neighbors enact vengeance for your horrific, horrific beliefs. It's a shit idea.

They obviously don't build, like, grand cathedrals to the rape/murder god. Deeply anti-social religions with hundreds of cultists that are totally cool to slay because they're literally cultists of the god of murderrape who meet in some dank dungeon while wearing creepy masks and robes are a staple of fantasy.
>>
>>54030196
>Nobody would worship a god of wanton rape/murder by raping and murdering. That's an extremely anti-social religion that winds up making everyone else hate your guts and your cult goes extinct because all of your neighbors enact vengeance for your horrific, horrific beliefs. It's a shit idea.

Counterpoint: Non-whites.
>>
>>54030237
Sure, they're cool to slay, but those cults don't capture 50 women and have them murder each other for their freedom/participation in an orgy. Those cults don't go out every year, kidnap the kindest mother and her children, force her to pull an Abraham, then offer the kid the choice of killing off his family or not. The cultists may be certified lunatics, but the above activities are the number one way to get your shit immediately pushed in by whatever local force exists, which is why these cults would not exist. Evil cults need secrecy and low-key evil acts to stay operational, i.e. taking a prostitute off the street that nobody will miss once a month or the like. After a while it builds up and maybe somebody does something, but by that point they'll have amassed enough power to summon whatever evil whichever.
>>
>>54030177
You're right, let's get of guns completely.

All we need are trucks of peace and knives of multiculturalism, after all ;^)
>>
>>54030182
>That is a fresh take on it, actually
It's LITERALLY the oldest take on it, moron. It's why reddit's upvote ideology is so despised
>>
>>54029305
>a valley with three villages is cursed
>none may leave, though others may enter
>the villagers must serve the monks of Hraug in their monastery
>the monks desire a tribute of food and slaves that will leave the villages in a slow decline
>the only way to survive is to steal the tribute from the other villages
Actually, the only way to survive is to band together and smash the altar in the monastery

This was the first quest in one of my campaigns. But I did mellow out the Evil deity, because my players liked him too much.
>>
>>54029328
I have evil gods typically provide boons to followers. They are the gods that will let you fuck over your community for your own gain. Most people will, occasionally, pray to them in the same way a lot of people secretly relish people they don't like falling on hard times. They might also hold a portfolio that, while evil, also gives them the power to ward off things one might not want. For instance, if there's a God of Pestilence, who better to pray to in order to NOT get sick during times of plague? Who knows, maybe they even have shitty rituals where it's said you can infect some other poor sod in order to stay healthy yourself.

African religion is full of these petty magic wars, with people lopping off the limbs of albino's to make magic charms, concocting bullet-stopping elixers, burying magic charms at each others' doors, or just throwing good, old-fashioned witchcraft associations around. There's even a dude who let a hyena eat his dick because spirits promised him wealth in his dreams if he did something like that.
>>
>>54030465
And look at Africa, it's a fucking shit hole where they murder farmers and take their land for being white and then beg them to return once starvation sets in so they can do it all again
>>
>>54029207
That's pretty much Bacchus. We have historical proofs that the more hardcore believers even engaged in cannibalism
>>
>>54030657
Sounds like the perfect source of inspiration for evil deities to me. In the end, that's the classic difference between Good and Evil: Good is selfless, Evil is selfish. If you want an Evil setting, you only need to create a crab basket where everyone pulls each other down.

In short, Africa.
>>
>>54030668
To be fair, under D&D alignment system pretty much all Hellenistic gods would be Neutral or Evil. Way too much rape, murder and spiteful smiting from the top and all the way to the bottom.

If you look at any body of mythology, there aren't really any gods that would qualify as "good" under the alignment systems. Every pagan pantheon has oodles of wanton rape and murder unless you read the cleaned up and christianized versions of mythology, and the abrahamic religions aren't better in any sense.

Which only proves that alignment system is shit.
>>
>>54030746
Praying at the altar of the God of Greed makes you richer at the expense of the peasantry and the common folk. Rumours say that rituals exist that turn human misery into pure gold!
>>
>>54029790
They lived with beliefs like that for centuries, what has it to do with UN gibsmedats?
>>
>>54030748
The alignment system is a barely defined DM's tool that doesn't even have any real consequence for character breaking said alignment aside from "I guess you change alignment now".

It's shitty DM's and players who use it as a license to externalize their crappy behaviour who are the problem. And you get those same cunts in every other game, except they channel their autism through different means.

Every idiot GM who shouts "muh realism" in response to being called out on his rape fantasies is basically doing the same shit as one who interpets "Evil" as "is magically compelled to kill kittens".
>>
>>54029908
Budai, the Buddha from where the fat image comes is a much simpler story than Gautama. He was just a nice and happy monk who was supposed to have been an incarnation of Maitreya, the next Buddha. In myth he was found to be so beautiful that even a man wanted him for a wife, so he cleared that up by taking on the fat form we see.
>>
>>54029908
It's not quite the Anti-Buddha if he doesn't lead you to an opposite version of Enlightement. It's just another version of Mara, the buddhist demon of ignorance.
>>
>>54030126
D y o n i s u s
y y
o o
n n
i i
s s
u u
s s
>>
>>54030817
>They lived with beliefs like that for centuries
And got fucking destroyed the moment they came into contact with people without those retarded beliefs and are now kept alive via the nigger wildlife reserve we've turned Africa into
>>
>>54030152
Project Veritas is a well known propaganda creation group, who are headed by a convicted sociopath and well known liar who has been convicted of making up shit up about people. They have been caught making false edits to video and audio to get whatever they want. If you care even a single iota about intellectual integrity, you would drop that source immediately. They cannot be trusted.
>>
>>54035085
Are you talking about PV or CNN right now? Because I can't tell the difference.
>>
>>54029278
That would depend on a very important factor: are the gods real?
If the gods are real, then they're as part of the history of the world as people are, and unless it's an American Gods deal where people made gods, they tend to come first.
But if the gods are not real but the people believe they are, then follow your advice.
>>
So in my setting deities are done like this:
>divinity is defined by one's ability to interact with higher levels of existence
>the most common form of divinity is passed through a parasite (giant fly) which lays its eggs inside humans and hides them in an upper level of existence to keep them from predators
>these eggs turn one into a saint
>most often the eggs kill you so saints most of the time are homeless and the poor
>the rich who contract it are hid away in mirror boxes that prevent there eggs from hatching
>a person infected in taken by the church and given areas of concern they have to govern
>these saints often then die within the next year when the eggs hatch
>those who don't become minor objects of worship
>besides the parasites sometimes being attacked by upper dimensional predators can cause spontaneous divinity

My friend when described the setting said its best genre approximation was 'Mirrorpunk'.
>>
>>54029116
Might as well throw out an idea for an "evil" god I had stuck in my head.

Ego, god of the self, pride, and individualism.
When mankind stopped worshiping the gods of old, their worship turned towards themselves and their accomplishments. Soon this worship manifested itself in the form of a new god. One that does not require traditional prayer or worship, but instead gains power through mankind's worship of the self. Be it through ambition or vanity, training or hubris, these things are what he takes pleasure in. It is these acts that one "worships" him.

That's all I have so far, I might post something else later.
>>
Are priests fine in their current state? Should there be more divine spells?
>>
>>54029116
>his setting isn't atheist
>>
>>54029116
Read the bible, OP. The best villain is the one that fools people and make them think they are following a good god.

Satan, our lord and savior, had a legitimate reason to hate on humans and betray God. He was cast down on earth as punishment for his hate towards humans. He knows tempts and cucks people into falling for his tricks. Making them lost souls in the process, who he will catch upon death for torture. Lucifer was smart as fuck, he wasn't just "evil for the sake of evil"

You can also look at Hades. Hades always gets his way, he was a fair god willing to bring the death back to life, for the sole price of "you don't have to look at your bride until you get out of here, she will be right behind you, trust me on this :^)", the whole journey to return the in-love man wondered "Is she really behind me? Maybe Hades has tricked me", but when the man was 10 meters from returning to the surface world he decided to turn around and look at his wife-to-be, she was there, and so the young man doomed her to eternity, while Hades laughed his dick off at him for not believing in him. He was also willing to ask for Zeus' permission before he went and kidnapped Persephone(was it her?) and raped her forever. But even then, he allowed her once a year to go back and stay with her parents. Then he would kidnap her again and rape her one more time.

Evil gods aren't meant to be edgy, they are meant to be people too, with feelings that motivate them to act that way.
>>
File: 1475369202184.jpg (83KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475369202184.jpg
83KB, 768x1024px
>>54038909
This is some dumb motherfucking post right here. So for starters: For someone who seem to look down on edginess, you sure as hell like to use a lot of edgy phrases like "Satan, our lord and savior" or "cuck" all the time.
Second of all: maybe you should reflect on your advice to read Bible, because the stories you attribute to Satan actually aren't there. At all. No part of Bible, be it old or new testament, actually describes Satan as being punished for his hate towards humans. There are mere two allusions to the fall of Satan in the Old Testament: both indirect, both in prophetic texts condemning the rule of two different rulers, both comparing them to Satan, and both also comparing them to "Morning Star": which itself is an allusion to older, pre-Judaic myth of Attar, Canaanite diety associated with Morning Star, who was allegedly punished for his hubris when he attempted to outshine Elohim (Elyon), the ruler of Canaanite pantheon and a solar diety. Through that it is tenatiously established that Attar/Satan was a lesser diety that attempted to challenge Yahwe, and was punished for that.

Absolutely no part ever mentions people losing their souls: in fact that is literally impossible in both Judaist and Christian tradition. People might condemn their soul to Hell, but can't actually lose it. Rest of what you are saying seems like an incorrect interpretation of the story of Lucifer as described by Milton in Paradise Lost - text rather obviously non-canonical to the Bible.

Finally:
>Evil gods aren't meant to be edgy, they are meant to be people too,
This is about as wrong as one can be about religion. Gods are not supposed to be psychological characters: they are symbolic beings representing greater human observations about world. Trying to excessively humanize them is missing the point of real world religion completely. I'm not saying that gods need to be necessary one-dimensional, but they sure as fuck should not be psychological.
>>
In my setting, we have a fairly developed cosmology, but most of the Gods and Dieties are worldly based.

So, there's this place on the planet called the Sill. Nobody knows its full size but it's misty, constantly raining ash, and full of death and monsters and mutants. There is said to be gods there, the Four Gods of the Sill. They're shits. They're all about Chaos and hatred and have no real issue interfering with the Kin of the world. They taught humans about gunpowder and showed them industrialization to help their kingdoms turn into massive empires. Sadly, this caused...issues? But the Gods of the Sill didn't teach Kin tricks to make them richer, they love the chaos, feed on it, and enjoy the fact that Kin get stronger and more powerful as time goes on. The only one whose name is known is the Tinkerer, and that's just what it called itself because if you can make the pilgrimage to it, it will build you something, but only if it's never been done before. This is why the setting has a second, invisible, fully automated with clockwork people moon that leeches power from the sun to grant its owner eternal life.

Then, there's the Lords. Lords are minor dieties of just about anything you can imagine, and Lord is a gender neutral title. The Lord of Endurance is a woman who was tortured for hours and suffered horrific injuries but her devotion prevented her from crying out. Thusly, the Lord of Endurance. Lords typically are not well documented, and many of them are fictional, but there are many people who have had real encounters with Lords. Worship is rare, but the larger Great-Cities tend to have temples to the really famous ones like War and such.

Okay, enough about the Lords. So there's a heaven of sorts. The general belief in this comes from a sagelike figure, a Lord, who told everyone what awaited them at death. The good and kind end up at Par'Kriener, the Last City at the End of Time, a sort of Tanelorn and Avalon mashup, where Imir, the Last Born Kin lives.
>>
>>54041013

The general idea of Par'Kriener is those that have sort of lived great and fruitful lives of purpose will end up there and their combined souls will form an Egg of a new universe, one which the wicked and purposeless end up crushed into entropy.
Most of people believe this, and Imir's role in all of this was never explained well, but he's not worshipped as a god.

This isn't a universal faith though, just a popular philosophy and many people don't like it, because it means their children that died before they were adults get entropied, and someone who was a horrible crime lord that also ran orphanages and built hospitals get to go to Par-Kriener, so that's a bit of a massive fucking piss off to some.

We have the proto-buddhists who seek the crushing influence of entropy but believe life can have purpose. For them, one must master oneself, and there is no greater purpose. They do not wish for any afterlife, hoping and willing themselves to simply cease to exist, so they're usually Chaotic in alignment but not evil by any means.

You got the Elder-torians, which are a people that live in an area where the trees grow from flesh and they constantly rain seeds. They've adapted well and the trees are more valuable in a battle than a wall of stone, due to the self-regenerating property. Elder-Torians have to cut through the trees with super-heated metal that usually gets too damaged and corroded after a few uses so lots of times it's repurposed as a shitty weapon, but nobody fucked with Elder-Torians because they'll simply stop selling you super-repairing wood that can be used to make castles that don't burn down easily. And you don't know how to harvest them. Also if you attack them you have to go through the South Grove and the last army that did that made the south grove bigger by 15,000 trees. Whoops.

Anyway, the Elder-Torians have a hard life and a fucked up belief, that being that all evil in one's life accumulates as a spiritual sickness.
>>
>>54041119

This must be purged, usually through self flagellation, and it's taken pretty fucking seriously. Parents are actually punished for NOT whipping their kids with a switch, but again, its usually done when kids sin a whole bunch. This doesn't lead to a really lawful population, because most people have massive pain tolerances and just go beat off their sin but since the base punishment for almost every crime is having a tree grow through your body and digest your innards over the course of a month people are generally kept in line by force.

The shitty part of the belief is their kings, which function in name as heads of the religion. All that purged sin, where does it go? Into the bodies of the kings! Thank fucking god, and look at how disgustingly fat and unhealthy the king is. That's the sin corrupting his body, nothing else.

Kings live a really easy life but when the nation is in danger, the sin is finally purged from the world in a ritual sacrifice that supposedly removes the nation from danger.

One example - a queen, the first in their history, was dealing with a neighboring nation that straight up threatened to invade and conquer them. The diplomats were making it very clear that this was it, and war was inevitable. Nation's in crisis! The diplomats were invited to watch this purging ceremony and they watched a fourteen year old Queen get flayed alive, limbs burnt off with hot fucking saws, her hair torn out in bloody clumps and finally kicked nearly to death. She stood up one last time and looked at the diplomats and they saw conviction. She wasn't even remotely upset about the whole being tortured to death thing, she 100% believed in it, and they said "holy shit these people are fucking insane" and reported such to their monarch, who called off the invasion out of disgust. And so, it worked!

What else do I have for gods...? Oh yes, the Patrons.
>>
>>54041222
The Patrons are my own little Night Mother from the elder scrolls world, but they're kept in one of the great cities underground, and they're massive wooden idols. People worship them for help, and thieves, murderers and cutthroats get granted boons, but they must be paid with murders the patrons give you. You must kill the people the patrons demand you too, and the patrons...generally assign them based entirely off your skill level. A fat retard will probably get someone he could beat, like a child, and a skilled master assassin will get kings and other assassins.

There are four patrons, each of which corresponds to a kind of murder injustice.
The Blacked Hands is a woman who was bound, hands behind her back and they were kept so tight for so long that the circulation cut off and they rotted off. She died from an infection due to this and became the first.
The second is the Mother, who was a woman nonhuman(when i run it with DnD, I just say elf) who was savagely kicked to death for getting impregnated by her master and owner.
The third is a man who was murdered by a cult seeking to extend their lives and targets cultists, and the fourth was a noble who refused to join in on a plunder-pillage-rape scenario, and, offended by his prudishness, his monarch gave him, his family, and ancestral home up for plunder as well.

So that's a bunch of the supernatural godly things I have. Fuck I'm an edgelord tho
>>
>>54038909
Holy fuck you know nothing of Hades and judging by your biblical knowledge, are probably a teenager. Let's debunk this piece by piece, shall we?
>Hades was an evil god
Already wrong. He was never once stated to be evil until Christianity tried to merge him with the devil. In fact, he's the most fair and reasonable god, and was even willing to abdicate his claim as the eldest son to Olympus' throne due to losing it in a game of dice to Zeus in which he knew that Zeus cheated
>Laughed at the man who rescued his wife
Again, wrong. At the end of the day it's his job to keep the dead in the ground, hence why he has such random rules for breaking niggas out.
>Hades asked for permission to kidnap and rape Persephone
Wrong on two accounts. He asked Zeus for a wife, which Zeus owed him as part of the whole claiming Hades' rightful throne thing so Zeus promised him Persephone wothout asking either her or her mother first.

He also never raped her or even laid a hand on her until after the whole ordeal got sorted out. All he did was feed her some pomegranate seeds.
>hurr durr he rapes her every year
Wrong again. As per the pomegranates, she stays with him for nine months of the year and returns to the surface for the other three (or something like that, I forget the exact numbers), but by all accounts he was a loving and devoted husband and theirs was the only celestial relationship that didn't involve boatloads of cuckoldry and/or rape.

Watch less Disney, fag
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.