[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 23

File: deadzo.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
deadzo.png
145KB, 223x311px
Deadzo Edition

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
http://basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
https://pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ (embed)
>>
First for dead and why did I make an OP when burgers are asleep AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: JuzamDjinn.jpg (78KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
JuzamDjinn.jpg
78KB, 550x300px
Would mono black stompy be viable in any way?
>>
>>54030162
look up demon stompy.
It's basically big red but with contamination instead of blood moon
>>
>>54030232
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>54029587
Can lelgacy gen be eternal gen?

I want spicy vinty memes and cheap pauper brews
>>
>>54030500
We don't talk about pauper much but we do discuss vintage sometime. Both those formats are liked here because they are not modern or EDH. Speaking of Vintage, I'm probably going to eternal weekend and so I'll have the opportunity to play it. My white cis-male privilege isn't stronk enough to afford me Power, but I really want to play a combo deck. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards kobold clamp...
>>
>>54031291
The vintage deck I play the most is and always will be grixis gifts, and I heartily recommend it to everyone. It's just about the hardest deck to play and the most satisfying. That said it leans more towards ""control"" than combo.

If you're looking for a fun combo deck Id recommend cobrastorm, although with gush getting the axe that's worse.
Doomsday is fine too
>>
>>54031291
>>54030500
I personally don't see the harm in a legacy/pauper/vintage as none of those three formats can seem to carry a whole thread through.
Thoughts DDFT? I think its most often you or me making an OP.
>>
>>54031351
Might as well just start calling it Eternal General. If it keeps the thread more active without people doinng shitpost bumps than I'm all for it.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/declans-green-shit/

Currently building a new deck with my little brother cause magic has got huge in the school he goes to. Since he's a poorfag high schooler, doesn't really have a lot of money so I threw him together a cheap deck. Trying to find somethong similar to beast within but what else???
>>
Wait no, I'm retarded. We don't need modern inbreds in here. Us namefagging shitposters are bad enough.
>>
>>54033110
Came across my mind, and we wouldn't want EDH mongs in here either. We need a name shorter than MTG Legacy/Vintage/Pauper General that's not as broad as MTG Eternal Formats General
>>
>>54033110
Only a retard imposter would think that modern was an eternal format.
>>
>>54030232
any more recent updated lists?
>>
>>54031351
i thought stoneblade guy makes them usually
>>
>>54032969
-1 Aspect of Hydra
-2 Feed the Clan

+1 Vines of the Vastwood
+2 Heroic Intervention
>>
File: So_Fucking_Mad.gif (352KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
So_Fucking_Mad.gif
352KB, 245x230px
how the fuck do i beat delver

i kill their lands and they play spells through deathrite

i try to kill deathrite and they always have countermagic

i try to attack their hand and they brainstorm away good cards

what deck do i need to make them suffer
suffer like im suffering
i hate them. i hate delver and delver players from the very pits of my cold dead heart.
>>
>>54035917
play pox
>>
>>54032969
Include whispersilk cloak, glistener elves, two become immense and some mutagenic growths. Everyone will love him. :^)
>>
>>54035917
Just stop fucking around and win the game anon.
>>
File: 213.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>54032969
play 4 vines of vastwood
i'd replace feed the clan with scavenging ooze and swap elvish mystic for any 2-power 1-drop. depending on the meta, dryad militant could be dope. dismember should probably be present in some number and might be a good swap for beast within
if format is loose, a different route he could try is mono green infect since invigorate is really cheap

>>54035917
when i get sick of delver decks i jam painter. ur delver is still hard but generally the decks running drs and brainstorm have a lot of trouble answering: 1) blood moon 2) ensnaring bridge 3) grindstone combo 4) weenie beatdown
>>
>>54032969
Bramblecrush is shitty, but it answers noncreature permanents unconditionally. Treetop Village is good and cheap, as good as it gets for G manlands. Oran-Rief, the Vastwood and Llanowar Reborn are also decent lands for making your big guys bigger.
>>
>a wild scrub wanders into the legacy thread
>bewildered and lost, it doesn't seem to realize the danger it's in
>but rather than eating it, as they commonly would their own young, the thread adopts it and raises it as their own
>truly a miracle of nature
>>
It's almost finished. Lend me your aid elegan/tg/entlemen.
4x animate dead
4x cabal ritual
4x exhume
4x entomb
4x collective brutality
4x dark ritual
4x lotus petal
4x reanimate
4x griselbrand
2x tendrils of agony
2x children of korlis
X spell/reanimation target
X swamp
>>
>>54036946
What's your sideboard plan look like? You might want a few W sources other than the Petals so you can cast Disenchant g2 to clear the Grafdiggers and Leylines.
>>
>>54037006
I do not have a sideboard (yet).
If you think i have too little W sources then give a suggestion what would you add/replace. I'm thinking about yawgmoth's will.
>>
>>54037133
Yawgmoths Will is not legal in legacy. You will want some lands that tap for white. This is where we run in to problems if you are on a tight budget. Unless you run a compliment of fetch lands and some number of fetachable duals, you will need to muddy your land base to ensure access to the colors you need. And you will definitly want them game 2 as your strat is easily hosed by some very nasty cards.
>>
File: IMG_1417.jpg (32KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1417.jpg
32KB, 720x400px
>>54035917
Chalice set to 1 so they waste like 5 turns waiting for a abrupt decay
>>
>>54037212
Thanks man
That will definitely be in my sideboard
Could i have some tips on a scenario without these nasty stratkillers? (The spell/targets and i guess the lands will have some duals)
>>
>>54036946
I found that elesh norn and avacyn, angel of hope are pretty fun reanimation targets atleast for casual.

For competitive what about tidespout tyrant/iona?
>>
>>54037329
What exactly are you asking?
>>
>>54037577
Look at my first post
Then, think of the most rad black spell that is compatible with my deck or reanimation target of any color you could think of (except for those who require additional spells like the flying spaghetti monster).
Write them down for me.
>>
>>54035917
Play lands, friend. The delver matchup is very favorable. You get to kill all their lands with wasteland/loam AND all their creatures with pfire/grove. Then kill them in one turn with a 20/20
>>
>>54037341
Elesh & avacyn would be awesome but it would kill my wallet even harder to have either of them. Iona would be absolutely disgusting if my local players would play monocolored decks, but they don't (unfortunately). Tidespout tyrant is pretty kewl; will consider.
>>
>>54037666
Probably Thoughtseize or Unmask.
>>
>>54037801
Budget recommendations I could give you are old gisela and akroma, angel of wrath. Maybe jin-gitaxias, core augur?

Old Sigarda is pretty fun too, flying, hexproof and shuts off lotv. Atleast her -2.
>>
>>54037666
I'd have to echo the other guy. Thoughtseize and Unmask are great and fit perfectly. I run both but I think unmask is the most badass. Thoughtseize would probably be best for your list though.
In regards to reanimation targets: Grave Titan, Tidespout Tyrant, Elesh Norn, Inkwell Leviathan, Iona, Sire of Insanity, and my girl here.
>>
>>54037915
Explain gitaxias to me
It just seems awful to me to draw 7 just before discarding the leftovers and killing my library.
>>
>>54038461
He will fill your hand (allowing multiple reanimations on subsequent turns) and dump your opponents should he live long enough. Your opponent or Jin himself should be dead long before decking becomes an issue.
>>
>>54038461
Jin also does a suitable impression of Big G if the later gets exiled.
>>
>>54038461
Basically what
>>54038557
and >>54038526
said.

If he sticks around he gives you so much advantage, fills your graveyard with other reanimation targets and helps you to draw into reanimation spells while your opponet has no hand anymore.

considering how big your creatures are the drawback of being forced to draw seven should not matter. Treat him as griselbrand five basically.
>>
The OP pic for the EDH thread is throwing me off.
>>
4x animate dead
4x cabal ritual
4x exhume
4x entomb
4x collective brutality
4x dark ritual
4x lotus petal
4x reanimate
4x griselbrand
2x tendrils of agony
2x children of korlis
1x jin-gitaxias, core augur
1x tidespout tyrant
4x orzhov basilica
14x swamp
Is this ok?
>>
>>54039131
Everything but the land. You cannot hope for any consistency with only a play set of... are those bounce lands? Shit son, you might be better off with a basic plains or two and some evolving wilds/ terramorphic expanse.
>>
>>54031291
Dredge.
>>
>>54039371
Orzhov guildgate instead?
>>
>>54039464
What about isolated chapel? Sucks that enemy colours never quite get the love that ally colours get when it comes to lands and stuff.
>>
>>54039500
Use actual big boy duals anon.
And fetches.
>>
>>54039500
Yes; that will do.
At last, it is complete (not counting the sideboard).
>>54038640
>>54038526
>>54038557
>>54038054
>>54037915
>>54037341
>>54037212
>>54039371
Thank you elegan/tg/entlemen.
Have a (you).
>>
>>54039560
He seems to be on a budget so I made the budget suggestion.
>>
>>54039592
He should state his budget, and have a % be land-reserved, plus I'm sure there is a land that painlands are "cheap" as dual comes, and so are fastlands and they're basically what he wants.

Alternatively: try to go full mono B because multicolored that isn't dredge is asking for manabase troubles.
>>
>>54039627
I did originaly want to go mono b
But i'd need to replace children of korlis.
Maybe 2 more tendrils?
>>
>>54039627
Of course caves of koilos are even cheaper but I mean concealed courtyard costs like 5€ a piece. so Isolated chapel seems like a suitable option or not?

After that it's godless shrine for 8€ or something like fetid heath for 14€ a piece.

Unless there is something in between that comes into play untapped.
>>
>>54039696
Concealed is a fastland, take the one you want the most (neither maters, but I feel fastland is better on a fast combo deck) and you don't want Iolated as you can go off a single land, you don't want ETB tapped lands earlier on.

I'd say acquiring a few fetid heaths (2-3 since they're a seriously bad color combo in legacy (WB) they might not be of much work for other decks).

Also a general protip for everyone: NEVER. SKIM. ON. MANABASE.
>>
>>54038779
Same

> Doomsday now synonymous with unenjoyable EDH players
>>
Fuck 4c loam. Pre board its like 60-40, maybe a bit better. Post board it feels like 20-80. It really makes me miss top cause I can't dig for answers with chalice out. I'm kind of thinking this might be a match up where I side out doomsday and just lean hard on ETW
>>
File: IMG_2509.jpg (48KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2509.jpg
48KB, 223x310px
Is this card legacy playable?
>>
>>54044402
if BUG gets popular maybe a bit.
>>
>>54031351
How about australian highlander? I need to shitbrew somewhere
>>
>>54036902
>miracle

f
>>
Goblins or Burn?
>>
>>54045210
goblins for style points
>>
File: Relentless+Rats+%5BM11%5D.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Relentless+Rats+%5BM11%5D.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
I am determined to come up with a shitbrew for these things.
>>
>>54044402
I'll run him in my SB in canadian the next time I play at a tournament. I run 2 TNN in the board and this sleek MF would be alright against BUG(x) Leovold decks.
>>
>>54046574
Can't go wrong with Thrumming Stone with Labatory Manic as an alternate win.
>>
>>54035917
Just play death and taxes
>>
>>54037313
>Chalice on 1 can't beat tarmogoyf, TNN, FoW, Daze, Pyromancer, etc etc etc
Any delver player that scoops at chalice is retard
>>
File: hazoretsundyingfury.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
hazoretsundyingfury.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
Iiiinteresting
>>
>>54051517

>4 cards

>F O U R C A R D S
>>
>>54051517
it's like a crappy mind's desire that is only useful after resolving a Doomsday
>>
>>54051517
The red Opportunity.
>>
>>54052190
BREWING

I don't think it will be good
>>
>>54051517
>red mage's undying fury at getting shafted every.singe.time
>>
>>54051517
Could they have been any more fucking thorough in making sure this card was potentialess trash? Holy FUCK
>>
>>54051517
It really really REALLY fucking upsets me that this isn't "hazoret's last _____"
>>
>>54053894
hazoret's last laugh
>>
>>54052689
It seems like it would be good, problem is getting to 4RRBBB on one turn.
Makes me think . . .
Manamorphose and wild cantor+pact
>>
>>54051517
somehow, every single clause and every single variable in the rules text is objectively bad

i feel bad for people who unpack these at the prerelease
>>
dominia bump- the choice of benalish heroes everywhere
>>
>>54054629
Have you seen the rares in this set? Even the ones that aren't awful are unplayable in limited
>>
TES is supposed to be an Ad Nauseam deck, right? like that's it's plan A? Why are my Ad Nauseams such shit? I just went 1-3 drop in a league and every game I lost was because my Ad Nauseams killed me from 15+ life, often with mana floating. And this isn't the first time this has happened. I either go 4-1 or 1-3 drop and 50+% of my Ad Nauseams fail.
>>
>>54039926
I only play Doomsday in EDH because I'm a poorfag who can't into Legacy yet. My deck is an eternal F for miracles since it still runs top :^)
>>
>>54058997
EDHFAG PLS GO
>>
>>54049926
No, chalice isn't always an auto win, but sometimes it fucks up their strategy so bad and slows them down so much they just flop.
>>
>>54058671
Are your running the grixis or the 4-color TES build? Also are you running PIF main? I had a lot of fizzles on Ad Nauseam when it was in the deck, it sucks to flip a lot and you win <10% of games via the PIF route anyways. The other question is are you at 2 Chrome Mox + 1 Cabal ritual or 3 Chrome Mox? I'm currently on the 2 Chrome Mox grixis build without main deck PIF and Ad Nauseams feel pretty good, you'll still fizzle occasionally, but not nearly as often as some of the older builds.
>>
>>54060296
But senpai I just want to play D+T and DDFT ;-;
>>
>>54038779
Guess who made that thread :^)
(it wasn't DDFT)
>>
All I want for chrismass is more common engines
>>
>>54061955
I'm running Bryant cooks''s list. Grixis, 3 chrome mox main, pif in the board.
>>
>>54058997
just buy fakes lol
>>
Is Palinchron playable in any other legacy deck than high tide?
>>
>>54067610
Is palichron even playable in high tide?
>>
Anyone got legacy abzan lists?
>>54029587
Where you from m8?
You from the isles?
>>
>>54066763
I've contemplated it to be quite honest family, but I feel like I would feel dirty.
>>
>>54070594
Abzan Nic Fit, Dark Maverick or a deadguy ale splashing green are probably your best bets for legacy abzan
>>
>>54071021
You get over those feelings very fast
>>
>>54053876
After thousands of people crying in standard because combo didn't let them tap creatures sideways? yes
>>
File: cart.png (109KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
cart.png
109KB, 223x311px
I'm currently building upon a budget Mono White Tokens deck list that I found with bits in my collection, and I wanted peoples opinions from here.

For an agro-tokens deck, how is the Cartouche of Solidarity seen? It's one white, so it's well within curve for the deck, and it seems to be pretty good.
Should I include a couple?
>>
File: terminus.jpg (22KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
terminus.jpg
22KB, 200x285px
>>54072084
>>
File: 1439952951056.jpg (92KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439952951056.jpg
92KB, 425x450px
>>54070594
binnland
>>
File: hourofreckoning.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hourofreckoning.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54072346
er, thanks?
>>
>>54072084
I wouldn't. You want your one drops to be playable, and meaningful, on turn one, which this isn't. Also, putting aura's on your dudes, even two-for-ones like this, let your opponent trade one-for-one with their removal, which is bad. One of the big draws to playing token producers is that they make your opponent's removal awful.

That said, i don't know if legacy is the place to be brewing budget token decks. The only way you'll beat a lot of decks is with powerful (read: expensive) hate cards like chalice of the void. Modern might be a better place to do it, or even better, pauper. Tokens is a really solid and fun deck in pauper
>>
File: Burning ANTwDDay.png (535KB, 907x470px) Image search: [Google]
Burning ANTwDDay.png
535KB, 907x470px
Where do you all do most of your legacy playing? On MTGO? At your LGS? pic somewhat related
>>
>>54079518
I usually play on Cockatrice or Untap.in, no money for paper right now though.
>>
>>54079518
I mainly play cockatrice or proxy with friends. Slowly trying to buy into something.

Also what is that deck? Ad nauseum-less ANT with a doomsday backup and half a burning wish package?

Also, i just bought a yawg will for Aus Highlander storm, it makes doomsday piles brutal.
>>
>>54082156
It's a list I've been playing around with. Burning ANT is a deck that occasionally pops up, basically ANT with a light wish package for some extra business density and flexibility. I added a small doomsday package to give it another deterministic kill line that can ignore grave hate. So plan A is a PiF kill like ANT. Plan B is whatever else pops up. It's kind of cool because against super countermagic heavy lists you can drop the wishes and doomsday package and bring in the 2nd tendrils and 2nd pif and go full grinding station. I've bee considering trying to squeeze extra doomsday into the board so that in extremely grindy hateful matchup's you can transition more fully to doomsday where that deck is a bit better.
>>
>>54079518
I am lucky enough that my lgs holds legacy weeklies. Depending on the time of year, we could have as many as 25-30 people show up, although it is usually closer to 10-14
>>
>>54084578
My LGS holds legacy weeklies but they're on sundays and often get pushed out by pptqs, prereleases and shit. and when they don't it's rare to have more than 6 people. We've been pushing to have it on weeknights but they won't do it.
>>
As someone who spent a fair amount of time trying to find big, tough to deal with creatures for UB reanimator, I really like the new blue common Striped Riverwinder. 5/5, hexproof, cycles itself for a single blue, can be pitched to a FoW. It's not Griselbrand but it feels like a good card for the deck.
>>
I just play casually with friends. With the exception of our personal banlist, I think our format is closest to legacy? Maybe? I don't know formats. r8 my dragons.

4x Dragonspeaker Shaman
1x Archwing Dragon
1x Avaricious Dragon
3x Stormbreath Dragon
3x Thunderbreak Regent
4x Scourge of Valkas
3x Thundermaw Hellkite
1x Knollspine Dragon

1x Sol Ring
4x Dragon Tempest
4x Seething Song
2x Geosurge
1x Panharmonicon
1x Reforge the Soul
1x Divergent Transformations

3x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
1x Sarkhan the Mad

4x Dragonskull Summit
3x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
2x Spinerock Knoll
12x Mountain
>>
>>54087315
Just because you use older/legacy legal cards doesn't mean your group is closest to legacy. Casual/kitchen table generals pop up from time to time and get decent amounts of replies, I would recommend looking for that or starting one if you want that type of discussion.
>>
>>54087417
I can't say I understand your elitism about which Magic cards you talk about, but guess I'll go find a more fitting thread.
>>
>>54087469
I don't mean to sound elitist, but when people say "legacy" they specifically mean (mostly) tournament-viable decks and the metagame that those create. We know almost nothing about your play group, the power level of the other decks, how competitive you guys are, what your budget is, etc. so there isn't really much to work with
>>
>>54087526
I didn't consider it, but that makes perfect sense. I appreciate the reasonable answer.
>>
File: Image (14).jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (14).jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>54087693
>>54087526
Wait a second you two are supposed to blow up at each other, causing others to chime in with their unwarranted opinions and advice. That's how the Internet works. Don't go breaking the status quo.
>>
>>54087911
Is funny because I primarily play red and yell a lot over the silliest things while playing
>>
So, I'm new to legacy and have modern Jund. How's the deck in legacy? Is it worth it to take the jump?
>>
>>54088140
You don't really have an answer to turn 1 combo, but anything slower it easy to pick apart with Hymn and Thoughtseize.
>>
File: 1464430371920_nDDGpfe.png (18KB, 600x203px) Image search: [Google]
1464430371920_nDDGpfe.png
18KB, 600x203px
If Pauper was pushed to be more popular by WotC, where would it compare to Modern and Legacy? Is it really the home of shitbrews or is it just because so few people play the format comparatively? Also, I've never got a chance to play the format much, is it as fun as everyone says it is?
>>
>>54089883
I've only played it a bit but it feels pretty wide open. Surprisingly high power level considering the cards invovled. Not that many shitbrews, the meta is fairly well established. When I do play pauper, i play Burn........ but it's pretty fun.
>>
>>54089972
Whatever does it for you I guess. did Thunderous Wrath getting a common printing impact the format at all?

Anyone play Canadian Highlander? It looks like a fun in-between of Legacy and EDH.
>>
>>54091361
Most pauper burn lists play 2+ of thunderous wraths, and ur delver sometimes plays 1 or 2.
>>
>>54089883
Pauper works on the basis that
1. deck is dominant (wotc haet dis)
2. rogue decks designed to buttfuck that deck work
3. overpowered cards support dogshit cards (wotc haet dis)
>>
>>54089883
It's probably like tiny where tribal decks reign supreme.
I wish wizards supported tiny leaders as an actual format. I know they print cards for it but I wish it was a wizards supported format.
>>
>>54092503
Technically Leovold was thus.
>>
>>54088140
It's mediocre and sees almost little play. Decent against delver and creature based decks and that's pretty much it. It's also not that good against combo. I play storm and I've playtested against Jund with my friend. I think I'm 80+% favored preboard and 60-70% favored postboard.
>>
>>54091361
I'm building australian highlander, its got a different points list and is 60 cards. Very open, fun format. Usually a lot slower that legacy and modern due to the singleton nature, but decks are extremely powerful, due to stuff like vault key, tolarian academy and mana drain being playable
>>
>>54089883
>mfw brewing a pseudostorm in pauper
HAHAHAHA.
HAHAHA.
I'M A GENIUS.

Resolve termo-alch or the new archer (both cost 1R), buncha rituals and cantrips.
>>
>>54095546
I've been playing around with Canadian online and it's pretty great, really nothing like Gifts/Intuitioning for YawgWin and some lose/lose cards.
>>
File: breaking point.jpg (60KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
breaking point.jpg
60KB, 480x680px
Hey guys, I've been playing Moon Stompy and have been enjoying it immensely. However, I'm finding that if a True-Name/Big Delver threat resolves I have no good options of dealing with them post-sideboard. I've been exploring options and I've found this as a potential 1-2 of in the sb. Thoughts?
>>
>>54100150
If they're not close to deado then they'll just take the hit and continue to bash face.
>>
>>54100399

The 6 damage is not something to shrug off, especially combined with slowly burning them down with confluences, hazoret, chandra, etc. I think I'll try it tomorrow over a few games. It does seem a little too cute, but I have hope.
>>
>>54100449
This discussion about these cards that give your opponent a choice has been had plenty of times before. They will always choose the mode they care least about. If you want something to deal with those types of threats, isn't ensnaring bridge pretty stock in dragon stompy lists?
>>
>>54100940
Ensnaring bridge seems like it would work fjne
>>
File: 1498838256155.jpg (44KB, 265x368px) Image search: [Google]
1498838256155.jpg
44KB, 265x368px
Ooooh, Stax will love this. It's a strict upgrade from Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
>>
//Lands
1 Badlands
1 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
1 Verdant Catacombs
2 Volcanic Island
2 Wasteland

//Spells
2 Abrupt Decay
4 Brainstorm
1 Counterspell
1 Engineered Explosives
2 Fatal Push
4 Force of Will
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Kolaghan's Command
2 Lightning Bolt
1 Liliana of the Veil
4 Ponder
1 Spell Pierce
1 Spell Snare
2 Thoughtseize

//Creatures
4 Baleful Strix
4 Deathrite Shaman
1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
3 Snapcaster Mage
1 True-Name Nemesis

//Sideboard
SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
SB: 1 Flusterstorm
SB: 1 Golgari Charm
SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
SB: 1 Painful Truths
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 2 Pyroblast
SB: 1 Pyrostatic Pillar
SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
SB: 1 Umezawa's Jitte

What would you change and why? Looking for some advice.
>>
File: pauper.jpg (46KB, 344x449px) Image search: [Google]
pauper.jpg
46KB, 344x449px
>>54089972
>>54089883
>the meta is fairly well established.
If you like this and dislike modern, then you have a serious problem
>>
>>54103467
enters untapped, bretty gud desu
>>
>>54104721
I don't dislike the modern format, I dislike people who play the modern format
>>
Do you guys think Paradoxical Outcome will get banned in Vintage?
>>
was thinking about getting into pauper

is it really pauper if you play with sleeves?

I just want to throw together 60 pieces of cardboard with a rubber band and hold my own at LGS
>>
>>54104721
There is a reason it's fine when most of pauper's field is aggro anon...

Here let me give you a spoiler, you modern cuck:
Wizards doesn't steer pauper into a direction, plus pauper has no real tools to deal with combo.

Also
>Mtgtop8
KYS.
>>
>>54105434
Not a chance. The only cards that have been banned recently are shops pieces and gush, which has been banned and unbanned about a jillion times and should just stay banned. Outcome is part of a combo deck that is far, far from broken. No way it gets banned.
>>
Played vs that Thalia stompy deck, though they opted for Lodestones instead of TKS, which seems strictly worse. Ended up seeing that white flicker eldrazi g2 though, so they might have played both. Either way turns out playing Dack turn 2 and stealing a Lodestone is pretty good, as is pitching Sword of the Meek to draw into Foundry.
>>
File: LithographFactOrFiction_lg.jpg (137KB, 708x500px) Image search: [Google]
LithographFactOrFiction_lg.jpg
137KB, 708x500px
I'm thinking about showing up to my LGS's legacy night with this shitbrew, what do you guy's think? Is the black splash worth it? My meta's been real fair with lots of DRS and UR/UBR delver decks recently, so I figured that a Pfire deck would do well.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/punishing-thing-v20/
>>
>>54105238
Was thinking the same. It stands out as possibly the best card allround in the set. Nice flavor and art too.
>>
>>54107923
Yeah, The Thalia stompy deck really needs its 4x TKS, It's a good chunk of how it interact. The real question with the deck is Lodestone vs Smasher, I'm still uncertain on the correct split. While Smasher is a great clock, Lodestone just feels so broken against huge chunks of the meta that I can't bring myself to cut it.
>>
>>54110118
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/punishing-thing-v20/
Seems unfocused, but if you have the cards you might as well. Hooting Mandrils might outperform TiTi, not sure. If you have them jam some Mox Diamonds if you're gonna play a Loam deck.
>>
>>54111122
>Hooting Mandrils might outperform TiTi, not sure.
TiTi has been absolutely nuts against all the fair decks, It stonewalls creatures early, bounces the board later in the game, and presents a 3 turn clock. Delver decks basically can't bet a flipped TiTi.

>jam some Mox Diamonds if you're gonna play a Loam deck
Loam is in there from a previous iteration of the deck when it had a larger green splash, there is a good chance that it should be cut entirely. I tried out a few diamonds at one point, I often found myself wishing they were something else and cut them.

>Seems unfocused
What do you think in particular makes the deck unfocused? I'm very interested in any feedback I can get, I haven't had much time to playtest
>>
>>54111325
The Dacks and FoF kinda threw me, but if it works for you that's great, I love Dack and wish I could play him more in Legacy. It seems like you want to play a threat and protect it with reactive spells, so I would think a tighter curve with Daze and more Ponders would be better. If you're gonna hang onto that Loam you've gotta get some Wastelands though.
>>
>>54111919
I was looking for the deck to be a fairly controlling with countermagic and grove+fire to control the board with TiTi, jace, or dack ult+Pfire being the big finisher. I've also been considering a more tempo-ish approach without the grove+fires like you mentioned, but haven't had the chance to test it. I think your right on the Loam, I'm going to cut it, just not sure for what yet.
>>
>>54105635
>There's a reason I can be an hypocrite Anon, what you like is wrong and what I like is correct
At least you could have given a good argument. But pauper Commons have been useless with each iteration of NWO where complexity is frobidden, and that's clearly the direction that drives pauper into a nearly 80% aggro meta, something that is the definition of a shit and no diverse format.
So, if you don't like modern because there is too much aggro and like pauper, you are an hypocrite

If you don't like that WotC has an idea of standard defining the power of modern, but don't realize that NWO does exactly the same for pauper, you are an idiot and an hypocrite

And if your argument to sustain that the horrible aggro format is because pauper doesn't have the answers for combo with counterspell and daze, while modern does not have any of these and the best counterspell is remand or Mana leak, then you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>54112894
>Hurff if you has daze and cunterspull DED GOMBO xD

t. Memedernette
>>
>>54112894
Do you know how many commons from recent standard sets see pauper play? Very few. Off the top of my head I think thraben inspector and pulse of murasa see play in certain decks. Most of the playable cards come from innistrad and before, where nwo hadn't fully taken effect yet. Most of the playables that make it into pauper actually come from the masters sets, where nwo isn't even applied. So this notion that wotc keeps printing absurd aggro/simple cards at common that is ruining pauper is just incorrect. Wizards is far too afraid of putting powerful cards at common in standard sets to ever have a big impact on pauper.
>>
>>54115318
>I don't have better arguments hurt dur I go on insulting him

>>54116779
The new ones like thermo alchemist end focusing on aggro decks because the complexity is too low for interactions powerful enough to combo, and answers cannot be at common became then Timmy will feel bad that they got their draft bombs killed by doomblade. So all few Commons are token generators or aggro cards
>>
>>54116875
Not too long ago eternal masters introduced peregrine drake to the format, which led to a combo deck completely taking over the format. As I said, most new cards come from masters sets where a lot of cards get down-shifted in rarity like dinrova horror and augur of bolas. Yes, most new commons in standard sets are more aggro focused, but none of them see play in pauper because the power level is so much lower. How many new cards are in affinity or stompy, the premier aggro decks? Zero.
>>
Did anything come from the worldgorger + new desert combo? It looked like fun for me at least
>>
>>54118431
I don't think so. No one every really tried to develop it. A few lists got theorycrafted but no one really tested it seriously.
>>
>>54116875
>I don't know magic so I'll just say that if you have a counter you kill combo dead!!
>Also I use MTGTOP8 like the proud bbc addicted memedernette I'm!
>>
>>54028539
I want new meta decks :-(
>>
What's the best deck in the format and why is is storm?
>>
I'm brand new to this game and picked up some Kaladesh cards on a whim. Some quick Googling indicates that Artifacts/Vehicles are the focus here. Any recommendations on how I should try and expand my deck?
>>
>>54122200
Modern and standard generals will have better info
>>
>>54118431
I mean the infinite loop already existed, this just used a land to kill instead of any other ETB effect
>>
>>54123880
yeah but the idea was that lands have a smaller deckbuilding cost to include so you could put more disruption in your deck
>>
>>54120422
Then play nourishing lich
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.