[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Predictions for the new Dominaria set?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 16

File: 095.jpg (17KB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
095.jpg
17KB, 540x250px
Predictions for the new Dominaria set?
>>
>>54025366
It'll be shit like everything else neo-Magic does.
>>
>>54025366
Underpowered small creatures, burn spells, and counters. Overpowered fatties, Planeswalkers, and cheat into play cards. Just like every set these days.
>>
I just hope the poor Dominarians had the time to catch a breath for once.

>>54025387
The end of mtg, surely.
>>
>>54025366
>Every non-mythic creature below 3 mana will be shit
>Every 3+ mana creature will be OP
>Burn Spells and Counterspells will cost at least 3 mana
>The Planeswalkers will be insanely OP, and there will be no viable answers for them

Just like every set since Origins
>>
>>54025366
What I hope for:
>An Urza Planeswalker
>Counrerspell and Lightning Bolt reprints
>Real aggro and control strategies, no more Midrange
>Decks that aren't just piles of mythics

What we'll actsilly get:
>Another "diversity girl" Planeswalker, a la Saheeli/Samut
>At least 2 members of the Jacetice League
>4-mana Counters and 3-mana Bolts
>Every good creature will cost at least 3 mana
>Every deck will need at least 20 Mythics to compete
>>
>>54025366
There better be at least a hint that Yawgmoth persists in some way in Urborg.
>>
>>54025366
Angsty Liliana.
>>
File: 1496787740270.jpg (90KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496787740270.jpg
90KB, 1024x1024px
Phyrexians fighting Eternals.

Then, universe rewrite plus massive rules overhaul. Introduction of new card types and maybe a new color.
>>
Isn't this the plane Ajani went to recruit new members?
So I guess new gate watch members.
>>
The world is rebuilding and prepared for an interplanar war. Not against the phyrexians, but against the planeswalkers. Domina remembers far too well the cause of all the trouble in the multiverse and seeks to release "the shard" once again rendering interplanar travel impossible. Thran, Phyrexian, and Urzan artifacts dot the landscape and various factions vie for control of the powers that once ruined worlds.
>>
>>54025366
Slivers.

>>54026533
If only the writers were so clever to make a story like that.

I would expect a lot of shoehorned references with no payback.
>>
It's going to be a "Planeswalkers-matter" set
>>
>>54025930
The 6th color is anus.
>>
Jesus Christ tg could not be worse at magic
>>
>>54025387
That and it's going to be filled with tons of black people and lesbians, can't make that black consultant mad again.
>>
>>54025366
Knights
>>
MaRo's comments on not making it a theme park were not promising at all.

It'll be a theme park with a central hub again.
>>
>>54025366
Miragelands is now only dominaria.

t. Teferisnot
>>
>>54027392
>BBC
>>
>>54025767
Why would you want Urza in here? Knowing WoTC they'll completely ruin him, probably by adding some backstory about how the reason why he's so angry all the time is because he's actually "a woman trapped in a man's body"
>>
>>54031451
That, and they'll make him sexually attracted to Teferi
>>
Bring back Richard, Kick Rosewater out and MTG would maybe get better. Get a CEO that knows what players want like Games workshop has.

It wont be like this.
>>
>>54031577
Anon knows what's up.

That pide day tweet was blood boiling.
>>
>>54031577
The CEO is fine. He just needs to fire MaRo ASAP, before he does something drastic, like, as a previous poster said, makes Urza a tranny.
>>
>>54031601
What pride day tweet?

Source?
>>
>>54026405
Sassy black women?
>>
>>54031662
Check mtg offical twiiter
>>
>>54025366
Urza of the Oath
4UR
Loyalty: 5

+2 Urza deals 4 damage to target creature

-2 Draw 2 Cards.

-10: Exile all permanents you don't control.

Oath of Urza
Legendary Enchantment
1UR

When Oath of Urza enters the battlefield, draw 2 cards, then discard 2 Cards.

Planeswalker spells you cast can't be countered.

"Until all of Dominaria's enemies have been vanquished, I will keep watch"
>>
>>54031601
Let's just pray it doesn't end up becoming the official new logo...but honestly, I wouldn't put it past MaRo to do that.
>>
File: DDQmoZRXkAEY4i9.jpg (118KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DDQmoZRXkAEY4i9.jpg
118KB, 1024x768px
>>54031601
LOL DUEL MASTERS, DOES WOTC EVEN UPDATE THEIR SHIT?
>>
>>54028444
Man, even if you ignore tons others, Narset isn't that old, why libs have the memory span or a dead gold fish?
>>
>>54031831
God look at all of that cancer. Do those people actually mtg or are they just there? They dont seem the type.
>>
>>54031831
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>54031831
Look at all those fucking white people. Is this what they do for community events now that they've killed their taste for religion?
>>
>>54025366

A much better set than anything in the past few years, given that Richard Garfield is coming back for it.
>>
>>54031951
Basically, yeah.
>>
>>54031831
Ok fuck it. Im done. Not buying any Ixalan only secondary market from here on out.

Thats too much. Thought anon was full of shit. Now I'm just done buying Maros sealed products all together.
>>
>>54028444
It gives me no small pleasure that "kaya" means "outhouse" in Chilapalapa.
>>
>>54031991
Same desu. I've been doing reserve list buys recently however but putting this kind of shit in wizards is fucking stupid and will jave a big negative imapact in the coming weeks. I feel it coming.
>>
>>54031951
>Is this what they do for community events now that they've killed their taste for religion?

What else are they going to do? Humans are social creatures, and if they've been cowed into despising religion and national fervor than how the fuck are they going to scratch that itch to be a small part of the greater whole? Social Justice events are the only place left in the West where a white person raised on Worship of the Self (aka, the final stage of individualism) can say they're doing something for a greater cause.

Fuck, it's why you see so many people join Antifa.
>>
>>54032036
Only cringey paid soymonsters join antifa.
>>
>>54031831
Holy fuck the blatant lies, I don't see Dragons and Elves in the community
>>
>>54032154
Dragons and Elves aren't real.
>>
>>54032163
Astounding coincidence: Neither are all the genders but male and female
>>
>>54025387
fpbp

When the fuck will Dominaria be left alone?
>>
File: 1480049178743.png (586KB, 805x622px) Image search: [Google]
1480049178743.png
586KB, 805x622px
>>54025466
>>
Gaming and tcg in general are shifting their fanbase to a more SJWy one while telling their old fanbase to fuck off, they already got rich with our money, we don't matter anymore.
>>
>>54025767

I'm going back through Planeswalkers and Dovin Baan was the last male Planeswalker who was a completely new character, made just for the set. I'd also like to note that he was a "bad guy". Before that you have to go back to original Conspiracy for Dack Fayden, and I believe Theros for Xenagos.

There is a serious lack of new male Planeswalkers who are also new Characters.
>>
>>54032036
Ayn Rand was right.
>>
>>54032193
Kek
>>
>>54032233
If mtg turns into marvel comics level shit tbeyll go under. Not enough people play that shit or buy the products. Totally not the same as video games or comics anon .
>>
>>54025767
>>54025797
Urza and Yawgmoth are dead and gone. There will be no Urza card because Urza is part of Karn. There will be no Yawgmoth hints because the entirety of Magic's early story was about killing the bastard - and his work still lives on after his death, in the multiple worlds still dominated by Phyrexians.
>>54031879
Don't you see? Narset is Asian, and Asian doesn't count for diversity, only Africans count for diversity for someone like that. Doesn't matter that she's an autistic Tibetan, she's not brown and not the right SHADE of brown to be Diverse.
I mean holy fuck that woman is racist as all fuck.
>>
>>54031577
Richard IS back for Dominaria.
Also, Maro has less control over things than people seem to think - he's not responsible for everything being overcosted and shit, he's not responsible for storyline or characters, and he's not responsible for logos and company direction.
He IS responsible for general design of a set. Things like megamorph and devoid existing, Theros having shit-all for non-aura enchantments, and things like that are all squarely on his head.
>>
>>54031922
>>54031932
>>54031951
>>54031991
>>54032154
Wait, what's all the outrage about?

I don't see a single dildo anywhere in that image. I don't see any perversion or grossness there. It's just a company based in Seattle, one of the most liberal cities in the US, doing a little self-advertisement and virtue-signalling while also allowing its employees to have a good time on a day out. They're even taking their kids along.

I see nothing worth being horrified about. It mostly just looks like a wholesome day out for WotC's employees that enables the acquisition of a few LGBT brownie points. It's nothing more.
>>
>>54025366
/tg/ complaining about imbalanced cards in standard while mentioning that everything is too low powered even though multiple of the set's cards are played in modern/legacy

Red players companion that red got the short end of the stick

Complaints about planeswalkers

30% of dominaria suddenly being black

Wotc finally reprinting a card people have been asking for ages for like wrath of God and it seeing no play
>>
>>54032520
>What's all the outrage about?
They don't let dragons and elves in
>>
>>54032520
>virtue-signalling

You answered your own question. Also, I think it's hilarious that it's entirely white people.
>>
>>54032580
Corporations have been pandering in order to get good PR for generations though. This is absolutely nothing new.
>>
>>54032580
Nothing hilarious about it. Minorities aren't into nerd shit.
>>
>>54032552
Imbalanced cards are done add long add they aren't just for one some of deck. It's all midrange now. Red does constantly get fucked over. They've reduced it to just the "the burn color" or the color that does other color things with a downside ad's refuse to give it good cards in those niches that aren't overcosted. Planeswalkers have become too prominent and focus on the Gatewatch had reduced the planes we see to small, simple areas that don't resemble the well-built worlds we used to get like Dominaria, Mercadia, or Kamigawa.
>>
>>54032605
Except Asians, but they don't count.
>>
>>54032580
>Also, I think it's hilarious that it's entirely white people.

What's so strange about that? These events are never about attracting gays and lesbians to your product, it's about attracting white people who care about gays and lesbians to your product.
>>
>>54032631
Christ, I fucked that first sentence all up. I need to proofread when phoneposting.
>>
>>54032641
They are, after all, honorary Aryans.
>>
>>54032641
Not even Asians. Unless you are talking computer games.
>>
>>54032644
Yup. And that's what makes people's stomachs turn I think, even if they don't know it.

I don't give two shits if I'm sitting across the table from a gay dude. But what -really- grinds my gears is sitting across the table from the kind of white dude this advertisement is meant to attract.
>>
>>54032667
And TCGs. Magic is all math, dude. Maybe not tabletop games so much. Too social.
>>
>>54032683
>But what -really- grinds my gears is sitting across the table from the kind of white dude this advertisement is meant to attract.

It's no different than advertising a pick-up truck to "the working man" when you know 80% of the people who buy it are overcompensating Suburban men with delusions of masculinity. It's no different than advertising something as All-American or Green or Locally Grown.
>>
>>54032648
I also typed companion instead of complaining while phoneposting
>>
>>54032667
Ah yes so little Asians play magic that they had to stop hosting GPs in Japan and SEA
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 231x218px
>>54032760
>pickup truck
Sure, same advertising strategy I guess. Difference is that neither the macho blue collar guy or the milquetoast suburban dad wannabe are all that repugnant to anyone.

>All-American
>Green
>Locally Grown

I hate these kinds of advertisements for exactly the same reasons, though not as much. The kind of people they are actually trying to attract with these can eat shit and die.
>>
>>54028444
Is it just me or that black woman's face is extremely punchable? There's something smug and arrogant which just doesn't feel right on a face that ugly and fat.

[Spoiler] Pls no ban [/Spoiler]
>>
>>54032830

I assume you are joking, and forgive me if I am being dense, because there's a GP in Japan next month.
>>
>>54032970
Not just you, that's a natural reaction
>>
>>54032868
It gives me great joy to know that you are so brittle that even seeing things not aimed at you hurts your feelings. Good luck getting through another day of the universe not revolving around your particular brand of faggotry!
>>
>>54032970
>Is it just me or that black woman's face is extremely punchable?

She's got Fat Face, and people with Fat Face are either extremely depressing or extremely punchable.

You guys know about Fat Face, right? Every person who gets fat enough eventually develops the exact same appearance because all their otherwise unique facial features are covered beneath a uniform layer of chub. It's the same reason you only get, like, 5 unique baby faces.
>>
>>54032980
Yes I was joking. The notion that the only Asians that count are Asian Americans is fucking stupid considering the playerbase living in Asia
>>
>A new faction emerges that uses old Phyrexian tech to take land
>Over time Phyrexian oil spreads and begins corrupting other continents
>>
File: 1342630455425.jpg (9KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1342630455425.jpg
9KB, 177x278px
>>54026533
>Anti-Walker coalition
>>
>>54033410

No thank you. You have New Phyrexia, can you please just finish jerking off on that instead of spreading your seed everywhere?
>>
>>54033483
>can you please just finish jerking off on that instead of spreading your seed everywhere?

That would be great, but the writers have apparently forgotten all about them.
>>
>>54031759
Reading this made me want to vomit uncontrollably and I have no idea why. I only got into MtG last year, sue me
>>
>>54033576
Don't worry. People actually wanting an Urza or Yawgmoth card is reason enough to vomit.
>>
>>54033502

So instead you want to ruin even more things with Phyrexian wanking?
>>
File: lesnar4.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lesnar4.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>54025366
Great things. I'm hoping Ixalan is the start of a new era of design where things don't suck. But realistically, not even Richard Garfield will be able to save this from being bad.

>mfw it's only one large set when it could easily encompass its own three set block
>>
>>54034033
Are you talking Dominaria or ixalan? Pretty sure Ixalan is 3 sets: Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, and Explorers of Ixalan.
>>
>>54034033

Creative might suck but I have a feeling design will be spot on.
>>
>>54034118
Explorers of Ixalan is a separate product that is some sort of...board game, Settler of Catan style thing.
>>
>>54025366
another phyrexia invasion...
>>
>>54025366
>Predictions for the new Dominaria set?

Endless complaints from /tg/, of which 10% are justified and 95% will be about SJWs and diversity. There will be proclamations of Magic's death, stalwart insistence that no more cards will be purchased, and then the usual caving in and buying because that's how it always works.

As for the set itself, I wouldn't mind seeing some Slivers, especially since they've admitted that reception to the new style of Slivers wasn't popular and Dominaria would be a great place to return to the old variety.
>>
File: 1269522757899.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1269522757899.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>54031759
I can do you one better
>>
>>54032580
have you ever been to the pacific northwest? portland was possibly the whitest major city i've ever been to in my entire life.

didn't go to seattle, was told the shitty traffic made it not worth going to.
>>
>>54032566
Worse, they let dragons and e*ves in.
>>
THEY'RE GOING BACK TO DOMINARIA!?!?!
>>
>>54031831
>Okay guys, let's make a list of POLARIZING THINGS
>So, the list is done so far we have "political stuff" followed closely by "Sexual issues"
>Uh. I wonder what we sh-
>TOO LATE WE #PRIDE GUYS!! #TRANSCLUSIVE!!

why can't more places be like nintendo and not get into politics?
>>
>>54032552
>30% of dominaria suddenly being black
didn't dominaria had straight up africa?
>>
>>54039706
Yeah, Jamuraa. Most of it's even still around, though a large chunk (Zhalfir) was permanently phased out.
Of course, Dominaria (the set) could change that, with Teferi finally managing to get his homeland back- or perhaps just the people.
>>
>>54039803
I'd enjoy if dominaria block was teferi getting his fucking island back.
Then making a wall around it to keep people out.
>>
>>54025366
Slivers. All of the Slivers and then some more.
>>
>>54031831
I just know some professional victims are going to get pissy about this saying that equating them to dragons and elves is oppressive.
>>
>>54032234
They're specifically not making many new male walkers because early on they made a fuckton of dudes and the ratio is still highly skewed towards male walkers.
>>
>>54025366
What I want to see is a set based on Dominaria rebuilding. Where the main drive of the cards is getting better over time, the residents dragging themselves back up from the multiple apocalypses they went through.
The main plot can be either 'fuck the guys who want the world to stay shit' or 'Teferi trying to bring Zhalfir back.' No world ending, just the place becoming not a hellhole.
I want to see references to a lot of old shit. Not necessary reprints or goofy callback cards like Time Spiral (as much as I loved those cards and that block), but a bunch of cards referencing things. A card with flavor text about Madara, or something noting how Otaria's doing, or the fate of Keld or Llanowar or whatnot, even if it takes place in a single area.
I...actually think double faced cards would work wonders for the set. Instead of things transforming into monsters, the front side is the crappy destroyed/destitute version, and the backside is what the place/creature looks like after everything's been fixed up. Like, say, a cycle of shitty ETB Tapped monocolor lands that turn into Acadamy/Cradle/etc when used enough
I want kavu, and at the very least a fivecolor sliver legend.
I want them to reprint Tomb of Yawgmoth with new flavor text stating just how dead he is.
If they go with DFCs, I want to see Teferi get his spark back
And, most importantly of all, I want them to show the entire Globe of Dominaria at some point.
>>
>>54040583

If we are going by characters, it's 13 women to 20 men, not counting Samut, Aishok, and Karn, and the new Walker in Ixalan. That means that the next 7or so new Planeswalkers who are new characters have to be women before they catch up.

Assuming one new Walker character per set, with no new Walkers in the Core sets, that means we won't get a new male Planeswalker character until 2020. Which means 2 and a half years of Jace and Gideon as our main male Planeswalkers.

I am not okay with that.
>>
>>54040754

Booster Box says Dominaria is about Liliana going back there after Amonkhet.
>>
>>54040991
Bah, figures. Of course it's the old hag going home.
>>
>>54041029

I mean I bet a Booster box, not that I know for sure. But it makes sense, given that it looks like the Gatewatch gets scattered to the winds, and she's from there. So yeah.
>>
>>54040974
Based on Dovin Baan, there will still be new male walkers mixed in.
>>
>>54025366
Might it be a prequel?
>>
>>54041132
No, no. I get it. It's just there's stuff for her to do there (resolve the issues with her zombie/lich brother) and they're probably not going BACK to Dominaria again for a long while after so it makes sense for it to be 'Liliana takes care of her personal business the set' instead of something actually interesting.
Because no, it can't be about Teferi getting his spark back, giving them an experienced walker for the roster with a storied history, who isn't pandering yet still gets them those brownie points they've been hungering for. It'll be about Miss Not-My-Fault and her headmate.
>>
File: SpZgOFo.jpg (106KB, 853x565px) Image search: [Google]
SpZgOFo.jpg
106KB, 853x565px
>>54034984

As a Seattle Area native I hate driving there because of that reason. Traffic is horrid once you get into the city. However the surrounding towns, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, etc. are stuffed to gills with tabletop bars and game stores of all kinds.

This area is very much a tabletop mecca and it is great to live in. So many legends live up here

>Ran into Mike Pondsmith at a Farmer's Market
>Got Jordan Weisman to sign my 20th Anniversary Core book
>My face when I figured out my company assists Patrick Rothfuss with his financials
>>
File: Planeswalkers - First.png (5MB, 1115x4347px) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalkers - First.png
5MB, 1115x4347px
>>54032234
You're skipping over Daretti, and arguably Ugin and Ob Nixilis as well. We had both of their names, but knew pretty much fuck-all about them.
>>
File: Planeswalkers - Most Recent.png (5MB, 1338x4043px) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalkers - Most Recent.png
5MB, 1338x4043px
>>54042015
And, hilariously, when you look at the gender balance of the characters involved over the last year, it's precisely equal.

Nissa got four cards for some arbitrarily retarded reason, mind you.
>>
Human Slivers will be everywhere.
>>
>>54042056
Because they're trying to make her an actual character, I'd guess.
Can't wait for the colorless one.
>>
>>54026533
>Domina remembers far too well the cause of all the trouble in the multiverse and seeks to release "the shard" once again rendering interplanar travel impossible.
But the Shard of Twelve Worlds was literally formed by the giant fuckhuge catastrophe that Urza unleashed. They'd have to nuke themselves from orbit.
>>
>>54032250
Well, she certainly wasn't left
>>
>>54033467
This tbqh
>>
literally not a single piece of art will be rendered unlike any other piece of art, thus finally achieving total blandness
>>
>>54026533
Domina or Dominaria?
Really big difference between the two, after all.
>>
As long as Jaya Ballard shows up then nothing else really matters.

My body is ready for MILF status Jaya.

In all seriousness, I'm willing to bet that somehow a portion / segment of the plane is only now being brought back into existence and that portion still thinks that it is at war with Phyrexia...and then it turns out that they are right as the Phyrexians actually show up - not the whole shebang, but a few sleeper agents which will lead into future blocks, etc...
>>
>The last three blocks on Dominaria have had nothing to do with Phyrexia, and have all pretty clearly cemented the world as post-apocalyptic fantasy
>The Phyrexian arc is currently proceeding just fine on New Phyrexia
>Everyone here is still wanking about Dominaria = Phyrexians
what is wrong with you people
>>
>>54043028
I really want to see a story arc where remnants of Old Phyrexia encounter New Phyrexia and proceed to wreck their shit when they learn that New Phyrexia is lead by a white-aligned slut who isn't even made of metal.
>>
>>54032234
That one Gruul dude from RtR
>>
>>54026533
Could be fun.
>>
>>54032520
It's something that nobody would mind if not for a bunch of other truly terrible shit they did recently.
>>
>>54034182
I was never around for either type but old silvers did sound more fun. Do they mean the new designs or new mechanics proved unpopular?
>>
>>54040535
Probably yeah.
>>
>>54040754
>I...actually think double faced cards would work wonders for the set. Instead of things transforming into monsters, the front side is the crappy destroyed/destitute version, and the backside is what the place/creature looks like after everything's been fixed up
Welp you sold me on the idea.
>>
>>54031879
"Diversity" means blacks and muslims.
Indians, native americans, non-muslim arabs, hispanics and asians don't exist. Mexicans and japanese are enemies because they dislike blacks and muslims unless they've been drastically californicated.
>>
>>54031670
nah, like 5 old women, two of them are Jaya and Jhoria. The man is a cat after all.
>>
>>54040974
Idealy they would do something like two females to every male until they caught up. Would take longer but the act of catching up would be less noticeable.
>>
>>54041449
Already confirmed it is set after recovery from the disasters.
>>
>>54032233
Except music, movies, comics and vidja are already swinging back because they've noticed in their ever decreasing paychecks that SJWs have no money.
Shamefully WotC is two years in the past.
>>
>>54032467
MaRo does have one thing of power over everyone else at WotC. He holds the funnel of information between the company and it's consumer base and of course he chose Tumblr of all places to anchor his presence because he's totally not a crafty little merchant with a bridge to sell.
>>
>>54032552
A card can be shit in standard and still awesome in eternal, ie. Deathrite Shaman.
The problem isn't that every card should be legacy playable, the problem is that nowadays they're printing 50+ cards each set that are shit even in limited.
>>
>>54033067
Not him, but sorry not everyone likes false people who vociferate false worries about the enviroment as they drink from a styrofoam cup.

Maybe consider growing a personality of your own and drop the labels, that shit shouldv'e stayed in high school.
>INBF underageb&
>>
>>54039803
>>54039826
I'd actually like it more if Dominaria was 100% in Jamuraa with 100% Jamuraan not-africans. Instead of Otaria/Sarpadia/Shiv/New Continent that is now 50% black because THE CITY OF SEATTLE
>>
>>54032605
Not as often, but they do exist. When I was younger I lived with a trio of maori drug dealers who played DnD, 40k and Mtg religiously
>>
>>
>>54025366
>Let's make it into something that could be described by one word!

It's gonna suck, the mechanics will probably be some boring +1/+1 counters shit.
>>
>>54034598
That's surprisingly balanced, more so than the other one. Why? Because doubling season doesn't cause him to ult the turn he comes out.
>>
>>54046569
New appearance was drastically more unpopular than new mechanics, but both were less liked. They're less likely to budge on the mechanics - it's simply how they do tribal shit nowadays (compare the alpha lords to modern ones, for example)
>>
>>54048080
>They're less likely to budge on the mechanics
Shame.
>>
>>54046628
...when he set his stuff up on tumblr, it was before it started to get really big (and before it became a haven for SJWs). It's there because he was looking for a place to put his dumb comic panels because he thinks he's a master of comedy.
Then people started asking him questions.
>>
>>54048092
It's been that way since Kamigawa. Every lord pumps your guys only, and slivers are a tribe of lords - they only continued to pump your opponent's creatures in Time Spiral block due to the nostalgia theme
>>
>>54048080
>compare the alpha lords to modern ones, for example)
Oh yeah. I see.
>>
Sjw pandering and plenty of things balanced for EDH as well as making removal and counterspells more expensive and shittier.
>>
>>54025767
Urza's dead. Like, completely. Why would we get an Urza planeswalker? We'd be more likely to get a new Teferi.

>>54025366
I dislike it, unless the whole thing is going to be a romping adventure across all of Dominaria where we visit multiple disparate lands like Jamuraa, Shiv, Caliman, and so on.

Otherwise I would never have had a "Dominaria" set.
>>
is it just me or is this overpriced?
>>
>>54046648
Deathrite shaman was actually pretty great in standard, but I see your point.
>>
>>54050010
Way overpriced, but it is also out of color so it stands to reason that it would cost more than if it was black.
>6 mana to eternalize one creature.
If you have all the mana ramp and mana fixing in your colors you might be able to eternalize two whole creatures!
>>
>>54050010
Member when Unburial Rites could revive any creature and not nerf them to shitty 4/4s with cmc0? And it costed 1 less mana? And it was much less color intensive? AND it had flashback?!? AND IT WAS AN UNCOMMON AND NOT A RARE?!?!?!?!?

Geez, we've sure come a long way since then, eh?
>>
>>54050389
Remember when Unburial Rites was black (the color of reanimation) with a white flashback (the secondary color of reanimation), and not monoblue (which only gets noncreatures back, and rarely permanents)?
>>
>>54025538
>Every non-mythic creature below 3 mana will be shit
What is Aetherborn Adept?
>The Planeswalkers will be insanely OP, and there will be no viable answers for them
What is Dovin or Sahmut.
>>
>>54034182
>Endless complaints from /tg/, of which 10% are justified and 95% will be about SJWs and diversity. There will be proclamations of Magic's death, stalwart insistence that no more cards will be purchased, and then the usual caving in and buying because that's how it always works.

No anon, OP said predictions for Domimaria, not what was posted about Amonhket and Kaladesh.
>>
>>54040754
First set establishes current status quoted tensions.
Second set introduces bad guys trying to fuck shit up Mad Max style.
Third set is everyone kicking their shit in and continuing to rebuild, while Liliana watches and has nothing to do with the story.
>>
>>54052900
They stopped doing three set blocks two years ago.
And starting with Dominaria they're doing no blocks at all, just large sets (some of which will take place on the same plane/continue the storyline of the previous large set)
>>
>>54052201
Dovin? He was so busted that he ended up getting baanned.
>>
File: Hazorets-Undying-Fury.jpg (41KB, 266x371px) Image search: [Google]
Hazorets-Undying-Fury.jpg
41KB, 266x371px
Smells like shit
>>
>>54053154
Up to 20 mana for 12. Eh, could win you some limited games, or work well with Garruk Wildspeaker.
>Garruk t3
>this t4
>new land and two untapped by Garruk t5
>>
>>54053135
I hope you get trampled by a Newfoundlander tomorrow.
>>
>>54025366

>Ajani asks advice from Teferi on how to fight Bolas
>A new Karn planeswalker card
>Marit Lage finally appears
>Weatherlight crew cameos
>Otaria cast cameos

Throwbacks that I'd like Dominaria to touch upon, but would probably not happen:
>The Carthalion lineage
>Geyadrone and Dakkon
>The Thran
>>
As far as the cards in the set, I'm predicting new Teferi adn a new Liliana Planeswalker card, and we will obviously be getting a new Ajani card.

Returning mechanics will include Time Counters, Flashback, and Kicker. Returning tribes will include Slivers, Elves, and Atogs.

For reprints, we obviously won't be getting reserved list cards, or cards that WoTC considers "too powerful" for Standard (see: Counterspell and Lightning Bolt). Cards I do predict to be reprinted are Psychatog (along with the rest of his cycle), Wirewood Symbiote, and Cabal Therapy.
>>
>>54026725
>slivers
i hope so
>>
>>54055476
Hopefully Lord of Atlantis as well.

#makestandardmerfolkgreatagain
>>
>>54055476
Sliver Legion reprint PLEASE. That card is too damn expensive!
>>
>>54025366
The non future-shifted, non-masters set "reprint", standard printing of Tarmogoyf.

At rare.
>>
>>54055941
lolno
>>
>>54056606
What's wrong MaRo? Scared that Star City games will pull the plug on the funnel of cash they're pumping into your rectum to keep it down?
>>
>>54056719
I'm just telling you the harsh truth. Goyf will never be in standard again. just buy a box of modern masters 2017 or a single Goyf from your lgs
>>
>>54056864
Not with that attitude, anon. This is crazy backpedaling panic WotC. They could do literally anything at literally any time.

I'm also not paying that much for a piece of cardboard. My hard limit is like 45 bucks.
>>
>>54048588
>plenty of things balanced for EDH
That aren't playable on EDH.

Stop blaming the special kids for the merchant's tricks. 99% of cards are designed to be unplayable in every format so that the Gideons and Jaces are unbeatable.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.