[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/osr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 103

File: Capture+_2017-06-26-17-39-39.png (115KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-26-17-39-39.png
115KB, 720x1193px
About how many ways should the main entrance branch?
Were psionics or Clerics a bigger mistake?

>Prior: >>53965864
Trove: http://pastebin.com/QWyBuJxd
Game finder?: https://discord.gg/qaku8y9
Blogosphere: http://pastebin.com/ZwUBVq8L
In-Browser Tools: http://pastebin.com/KKeE3etp
>>
>>54024648
I'd say 2-4 but there should be immediate choices with consequences so it's not just a crapshoot of arbitrarily picking a direction. Maybe one door is locked, so for now you'll go looking for a key instead of bashing it down, and one way has a perilous spiked pit so if you have to flee in a hurry that would be troublesome, and the 3rd choice is partially flooded with water so you know that's gonna be some shit.

Psionics for sure

Clerics at least give you a good angle for having religious roleplay and have clear ways to advance- favor with their god, favor with their church, recovering holy relics, praying for miracles, etc

psionics are too independent and introspective. You just do whatever and your brain gets bigger and you get more powa and who gives a shit about anything else, right? Of course they don't HAVE to be that way but that's my impression.
>>
>>54024648
>ACKS Edition
Best edition
>>
>Were psionics or Clerics a bigger mistake?

Clerics because it furthers the notion that only spellcasters get fun toys.
>>
I've realized recently that the thing I value most in life (besides people) is experience. In particular, I appreciate experiences that make me feel something, that make me use my mind in different ways, and that feel aesthetically different from everyday life to a significant degree. I like to come out the other side feeling slightly different than before I went in. That's what I look for in music, books, and movies, and it's what I enjoy providing (as best I can) as a DM. In the past, though, I've been too railroady and focused on "modern" RPG goals, trying to use story to give players that "experience" when I think flavor, aesthetic, tone, the ways NPCs interact with the PCs and with each other, etc., can all do what I want to do much better without sacrificing PC agency.

As such, I want to try and run a game that's as immersive as humanly possible. I'm talking about a very distinctive setting, some background music, custom character sheets, cool handouts, and anything/everything else I can do to really suck the players into this place that feels very different from home, and from any other campaign they've played in.

Kind of the most intensely thematic hexcrawl I can muster.

Any tips?
>>
I know some folks here think 2e isn't OSR, but I want to know more about this edition that I never played.

How different is 2e's core from 1e?
What changes (if any) did you like?
What changes (if any) did you hate?
Why did the focus went from dungeon crawling to epic adventures? Was it related to the successes of Dragonlance?
Gygax didn't design any book for the second edition, so what are your opinions on the second edition's designer? Would you say they did a good job or did they don't know what they were doing? Why?
Is it worthy giving AD&D Second Edition a try?
>>
File: tumblr_nlh02oGray1uqdlfso1_1280.jpg (140KB, 984x1394px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlh02oGray1uqdlfso1_1280.jpg
140KB, 984x1394px
Does ACKs have some sort of info on Elemental attributes? Does it do anything noticeable at all?
>>
File: 1498340663179.png (283KB, 657x946px) Image search: [Google]
1498340663179.png
283KB, 657x946px
>>54025893
>I know some folks here think 2e isn't OSR
Nobody thinks that, we're just memeing. The thing about internet memes is they're not supposed to be funny.
Internet memes are a sort of secret handshake, to help weed out and ignore outsiders.
Pic related.

A few core bits of 1e were consigned to bells or whistles, and there were some extra bells and whistles.
n/a
Proficiencies were garbage.
Sold well. The focus was shifting even before Gygax left.
2e was written by Zeb "author of Expert set" Cook. He did a good job, but it's kind of stale.
2e is literally the same as AD&D.
>>
File: 1498253503471.jpg (164KB, 625x838px) Image search: [Google]
1498253503471.jpg
164KB, 625x838px
Wrong picture.

>Proficiencies were garbage.
*NWPs

t. >>54026119
>>
>>54025893
>How different is 2e's core from 1e?
Going by the mass of rules, not incredibly, but the changes they did make destroyed the play style and changed it to a different one that doesn't even work well or fit AD&D.

>What changes (if any) did you like?
Literally none. There are no good changes.

>What changes (if any) did you hate?
Similarly: all of them. The XP rules have to be singled out as particularly awful, though.

>Why did the focus went from dungeon crawling to epic adventures? Was it related to the successes of Dragonlance?
Yes, it was. It was such a gigantic hit that it bulldozed the entire publication schedule of D&D and changed the game itself. (Epic fantasy was the direction the rest of the market was going as well, but you can hardly call it "the larger market" as D&D had the majority of the market alone)

>Gygax didn't design any book for the second edition, so what are your opinions on the second edition's designer? Would you say they did a good job or did they don't know what they were doing? Why?
Neither. They did a bad job, but many of them were very talented people; Zeb Cook wrote Expert for Moldvay's Basic, for instance. I think they just got a shitball of a spec and were unable to do a good job.

>Is it worthy giving AD&D Second Edition a try?
No. There's literally no reason, just use the 1E core books with a 2E setting if one interests you.

>>54026119
>Nobody thinks that
Get the fuck out. Stop trying to force this meme. Outside these threads, everybody thinks that.
>>
>>54026337
>Going by the mass of rules, not incredibly, but the changes they did make destroyed the play style and changed it to a different one that doesn't even work well or fit AD&D.
Could you give other exemples other than the EXP rules? I don't think flavor or fluff can destroy a playstyle and Gold = EXP is something easy to introduce I think

Thanks for the reply btw!
>>
>>54015769
In case you're still around, there's http://www.fantasticmaps.com/. It helped a lot more than going to world building threads. Take a look at the tutorials and practice.

>>54026337
>outside the osr thread everyone memes this about osr
mhm
>>
File: fetish.jpg (16KB, 303x312px) Image search: [Google]
fetish.jpg
16KB, 303x312px
>>54026119
Wade RIGHT into my magical realm some more, why don'cha. Pic related.

Thread Questions:
As >>54024787 said, at least a couple, but perhaps not all at once. For example, for a mountain-based delve there might be two different entrances, one at sea level and one hidden and overgrown about 20' up the mountain, where the original entrance used to be.

As for the other questions, I like to concept of both, though I'm not a fan of either's presentation.

Referring back to the other guy's post again, I don't like the idea behind "get smart, get psionic powers" or really any of the actual powers themselves. My thoughts on the subject are that while magic can affect the unliving world (i.e. traditional elementalist wizards), psionics and psions themselves should be able to affect the living world.

To give an example, spells like Cat's Grace or Bear's Endurance from the 3.5e cleric's list would be lower-level psionic abilities (for the user only, to affect others would be higher-powered stuff), while the pinnacle of an introspective psionic would be, say, Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1. Supernatural abilities described as the full, unbound potential of the human body.

Whereas Clerics, I don't really like many of the older editions' spell lists for them, basically giving them a few healing spells, some neat utility stuff and a smattering of biblical abilities. Not every cleric should be able to perform miracles pulled from the Christian bible, as not every fantasy religion stems from it.

However, tailoring each religion's spells to that religion and that religion alone is far more work than necessary, and would be a significant timesink. I'm actually a huge fan of the cleric boons from Necropraxis instead of actual spells, as there's a decent list of abilities to pull from and can easily be tailored to allow religions to be different with a minimal amount of work.
>>
>>54026411
They hollowed out the DMG and shit into the empty covers, that was pretty bad. I don't really agree with the other anon that it wasn't a big change, however.
>>
File: Armello Mercanaries.jpg (406KB, 1157x600px) Image search: [Google]
Armello Mercanaries.jpg
406KB, 1157x600px
As I continue to design my high fantasy OSR setting, I keep bumping into issues with races.

Just to go off the bat, I don't like Race-As-Class for the type of game I'm running. I'd rather have some kind of high fantasy stuff. But the problem of races still comes up.

Should I create a few specific, classified races with actual mechanics? Or let the players play as "anything" they want but just make it cosmetic/base it on their stats and such?
>>
File: speaking of secret clubs.jpg (13KB, 588x98px) Image search: [Google]
speaking of secret clubs.jpg
13KB, 588x98px
>>54026337
>There's literally no reason,
Loadsacontent.
>>54026411
>Could you give other exemples other than the EXP rules?
2e has gp:xp. Labelled optional, but it's there.
>>54026515
TSR2011 > TSR 2160, but TSR2112 >>> TSR2011

>>54024787
>and your brain gets bigger
Every version of psionics is keen on saying, "it's not from big brains."
Though the only version with a reason says "concentration and yoga."
>and have clear ways to advance- favor with their god [etc.]
Basically just the "favor with their church" one.
Clerics advance by indoctrination into mysteries.
>>
File: race-as-class.jpg (24KB, 753x178px) Image search: [Google]
race-as-class.jpg
24KB, 753x178px
>>54026751
>>
>>54026751
I'd say have a handful of races to start with. If you want to go really high fantasy you could have a few 'template' races (tough race, magical race, sneaky race, etc) that players can refluff into whatever they'd like.
>>
Has anyone made a Not!Ars Magica / Mage: The Ascension OSR magic system? And if so would a kind anon mind posting it.
>>
What stops you from lifting that directly?
>>
File: gummies_in_space.jpg (423KB, 1936x2948px) Image search: [Google]
gummies_in_space.jpg
423KB, 1936x2948px
>>54025893
I know people keep showing up here hoping to find talk about 2E, even though the guys who coined the term OSR considered the "old school" style to have ended circa 1983. But my curiosity is piqued.

Why do you want 2E to be considered OSR?
What do you like about 2E?
I like that 2E streamlined the rules, but why are the 2E manuals THE SAME LENGTH AS THE 1E MANUALS?
>>
>>54027237
as always this is the best OSR definition;

best OSR definition incoming;

A game or supplement is OSR if it's one or both of the following;

1.) an edition of D&D(or AD&D) published by TSR Inc(certain other games published by TSR are also counted)

2.) is broadly compatible with any TSR edition and/or anything else calling itself OSR

or to TLDR it;

>A game or supplement is OSR if interchangeable with OSR and/or TSR D&D.
>>
What would be a good way of doing clerical magic in the Middle Ages?

Also, can someone recommend a good, grid-based system for skirmishes and small-scale battles?
>>
File: paratrooper.jpg (1MB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
paratrooper.jpg
1MB, 1280x4079px
>Semantics drivel
Not to disagree with you, but shush.

Do not reply to anyone who replies to you.
Let's nip this powder keg at the bud.
>>
>>54027313
>What would be a good way of doing clerical magic in the Middle Ages?
Behind closed doors.
You can get back there, blindfold, if you give the right alms and grease the right palms.
Don't even mention how it works.

>Also, can someone recommend a good, grid-based system for skirmishes and small-scale battles?
Strike!
>>
File: bookcity_zps20e7a465.jpg (56KB, 960x556px) Image search: [Google]
bookcity_zps20e7a465.jpg
56KB, 960x556px
>>54027313
>clerical magic

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly, but in the meantime:
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/06/osr-three-estates.html
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/06/osr-indulgences-and-clerical-services.html
might help.
>>
Is it too late to start my own OSR blog?
>>
File: hello there.gif (876KB, 209x300px) Image search: [Google]
hello there.gif
876KB, 209x300px
>>54027361
> Is it too late to start my own OSR blog?
Of course not! I just started 5 months ago and look at me now. 10s of views, people regularly calling me a faggot on /tg/... it's a dream come true, really.
>>
File: mushroom_man.jpg (457KB, 1530x2048px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom_man.jpg
457KB, 1530x2048px
>>54027361
I don't know, will it be a OSR = TSR blog?
>>
File: Cool Wizard.jpg (53KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
Cool Wizard.jpg
53KB, 564x797px
>>54026955

I'm not sure how you'd want to work in rote or ritual spells. Maybe rote spells give you a bonus to casting spells so you don't have to make a control or spell craft roll when you cast, and ritual spells can be done at downtime.

I haven't worked out the system entirely, but my basic idea was basically like this. Every day your Wizard characters prepare Forms instead of spells. Spell slots go up to level 6, and in the Ars Magica rulebooks that I've seen at least it seems spells go from about 5 to 30 in terms of power. For this, I'd just divide the spell power effect by 1/5 and turn that into the spell slot. So anything that a roll of 5 effect in Ars Magica is now a first level spell, anything that's a 10 is a 2nd spell slot, etc.

So anyway your caster prepares say two first level Ignem and a second level Terram. You can do any combination of techniques from this point; You can use Creo Ignem to create a torch-like light, boil water, or light something flammable on fire. You can use Perdo Ignem to quickly extinguish enemy torches, or chill something.

Terram in this case is a bit stronger, since you can do any effect up to level 10. You could deflect metal weapons, with Rego Terram. You could fill an empty stack with sling stones with Creo Terram, and so on.

Obviously the good part about this system is it's very easy to do some freeform and on the fly magic. The issue I see as of right now is Magic users don't really get differentiated much mechanically, but that's never been much of a thing in OSR anyway.
>>
>>54027258
Just stop. Seriously.
>>
>>54025975
Bump
>>
>>54026976
Kind of want to try that. I haven't played any WoD in a very long time, but off the top of my head this might work:
>magic user having 1 dot in a school at level 1 >extra dot for int bonuses, can be a different school
>gaining a new spell means gaining a dot in a school already known
>gaining a new spell level means gaining access to a new school

The gm would have to adjudicate the shit out of it, but it could be fun. Maybe instead of per-day limits you have a number of uses/spell burn sort of system that if you go over causes paradox, aka weird neutral demons coming to get you.
>>
>>54026807

Doesn't help or answer my question in any way.
>>
>>54027663
why it's pretty much the only OSR definition that makes sense
>>
File: fedora.png (131KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
131KB, 625x626px
>>54028104 c >>54027318
>>
>>54027766

See
>>54027453
>>
>>54024648

Psionics, hands down. Clerics at least make some sense in a quasi-medieval fantasy setting (being men of the cloth and all); psionics are blatantly copy-and-pasted from sci-fi, with no reason for existence other than one of Gygax's (or maybe Arnesen's?) players got fanny-flustered that he couldn't play a Jedi.
>>
>>54028505
Eldritch Wizardry is a year older than Star Wars,
>>
File: Armello moonbeam.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armello moonbeam.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
How should I design my first dungeon?
>>
File: Appendix A.pdf (936KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Appendix A.pdf
936KB, 1x1px
>>
>>54029065
5 rooms, traps in 2, chest at the end
>>
>>54025779
>Any tips?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI
Start at 50 minutes or so. Or earlier, if you're bored.
>>
If >>54015769 map anon from last thread is still here I'd say look into vector graphics programs instead of the more traditional photoshop or gimp. Since you can zoom in and out of vectors as much as you want you can make true scale maps of states complete with city layouts, which is a really great reference for running games without faffing about with a bunch of different map scales.
>>
>>54031066
This guy makes pretty decent map tutorials as well. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL83FKhfEDI1J0FJhhxP3PVzM-vtTgWPKU
>>
I've been reading Discordian shit all day, and I intend to have one-axis alignment: the strange and incomprehensible, and that which is clearly understood and under our control. The former is dangerous and scary, but also where change and new things come from. The latter is easy and safe, but can easily become stagnation or even tyranny. Humans call these Chaos and Law respectively, but those are just human ways of describing a much deeper, richer duality.

After all, it is cities that are strange and wild to the elves, full of horses pulling great boxes full of people, folks who'll smile at you while their friend steals something of immense personal value from your bags. Give them the forest, where the bears emerge the same time every year.

So chaos shouldn't be used for the forest, or described as the opposite of order. Order and disorder are just ways of experiencing the same things. Chaos is the complex system, coherent but unpredictable. It's sensitivity to initial conditions. It's dropping the same group of adventurers in the same dungeon in two identical universes, and the difference between a PC making it out alive and dying horribly comes down to a dice roll that comes out differently because a player stopped to scratch his cheek before tossing the dice vs. waiting until after.

And so, in my setting, the druids worship not-Eris, the Goddess of what lies behind apparent duality, and attempt to maintain a kind of harmony between nature and civilization.

The elves, meanwhile, live in a kind of harmonious anarchist utopia in the forest, wary of human cities and their slow (by human standards) expansion.

Also there are goblins and shit but I'm running out of space in this one post and I don't want to hijack the thread. But what do you think?
>>
>>54025779
Read the book Play Unsafe by Graham Walmsley. It's about applying improv techniques to role-playing games. A lot of the examples demonstrate what you're looking for, such as how being completely obvious or not shooting down ideas can make for a much more entertaining experience than a preplanned set piece.
>>
File: The Thief Acrobat.jpg (509KB, 640x1406px) Image search: [Google]
The Thief Acrobat.jpg
509KB, 640x1406px
What is your honest opinion on Unearthed Arcana classes?
>>
>>54032289
These comics are great, where can I find them all? The author's website is confusing.
>>
>>54027346
... I should check these threads more often.

Needless to say, seconding.

>>54024648
I'll go ahead and be the devil's advocate and say Clerics. They overlap with the Fighting Man (being able to wear heavy armor), and they are the source of the "there must be a healer!" meme. Psionics can easily be just played as wizards with a different fluff, adventuring to find psi-stones and discover new psi-techniques or whatever.
>>
>>54032289
I like them as concepts but I don't like the execution.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G53n4r7eAHo&t=1h17m59s

God damn this whole conversation from here on.

tl;dw: D&D players now hate dungeons.
>>
>>54032357
I'm uploading all of them for you

https://mega.nz/#F!Us1SgQoJ!BI4FdZjsG2gI8jKjoBUaew
>>
>>54032357
>>54032601
Also here: https://rendedpress.blogspot.fi/2016/11/list-of-d-module-walkthrough-maps-by.html
>>
Looking at the best settings (TSR and OSR alike), each has its distinct "flavor."

>Planescape is this weird place where abstract concepts take physical form.
>Ravenloft is a land of nightmares and dread.
>Voivodja is a fever-dream wonderland.

What are some vibes you'd love to get from an OSR setting but haven't found one that does it yet? I'd like to take a crack at one.
>>
>>54032613
This is missing Blood in the Chocolate
>>
>>54032688
But Tamoachan is there
>>
>>54032601
Much appreciated, thanks!
>>
>>54032651
Has Lovecraftian horror been done yet?

I mean, it has to have been, but has it?
>>
>>54032488
Adam seems reasonable and like he does enjoy and have respect for old school play. The other players seemed more confused than anything.
>>
>>54032702
Finished the upload, every comic (as far as I know) is on mega now
>>
>>54032720
Carcosa.
>>
File: image.png (360KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360KB, 640x1136px
>>54032651
Dying world swords and sandals, think Zothique or Nightlands.
>>
>>54032651
I know people have made them for personal play, but I've never seen anyone actually publish a Dreamlands/Dunsany setting.
>>
What's everybody's favorite tables for generating content?
>>
File: tenor.gif (407KB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
407KB, 300x164px
>>54032488
I didn't need to see that.
>>
>>54024648
Clerics.

Second-biggest really early mistake - it's nowhere near as bad as the Thief, but it came first. Psionics are fine, just implemented awfully.
>>
>>54025362
It also uses the same spellcasting system as the M-U, which established a pattern. Even a fucked-up Psionics system would have been different.
>>
>>54033938
So if they hadn't made either of those mistakes and neither clerics nor thieves had come to exist, how would you then have done classes at all? Just fighters and wizards seems empty.
>>
>>54033976
Then perhaps classless gaming would have sprung into existence earlier and with greater strength, and we'd have no classes anywhere at all altogether.

Good riddance.
>>
File: Turn Undead (Classless System).webm (448KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Turn Undead (Classless System).webm
448KB, 480x360px
>>
>>54033976
Fighters are Thief-types, after the pattern of Conan, Fafhrd and the Mouser. They're also protagonist-types (in sword-&-sorcery stories, the sword is normally the hero while the sorceror is sinister). The modifications of these basic (stereo-) types would come from ability scores and alignment: an agile Fighting-man is an adept thief, a strong one a barbarian, a clever one a tactician (or by all means, another type of thief) and so on. A Lawful Magic-User is something like Ganbalf or Galabriel.

As a duality it actually makes more sense, and probably would have inhibited the avalanche of bullshit like rangers and so on. In the ideal case, one might hope that a profusion of special abilities for PCs would have flourished instead; a guy who wants to play Beorn gets shapeshifting in exchange for an XP hike or something similar, for example. Rules produced for the balanced addition of this type of thing. I know it sounds dangerously close to feats, but the difference is that these would be at-creation modifications, with major effects, and not appearing repeatedly during play as a buffet of small tweaks that can be combined to break shit. (I mean, presumably some people would still do that. But they'd be the recipients of Tim Kask's frustration in Supplement IV and nothing more would need to be said about it.)
>>
>>54028505
There shouldn't be a division between sci fi and fantasy
>>
>>54033293
You could check out Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea if you haven't already, it's an AD&D clone but its contained setting is very dying earth like
>>
>>54033976
Ditch clerics, and when you add a new type of magic or psionics or divine stuff you don't have the precedent of "yeah of course it uses the same rules as the m-u."

Fighters & wizards & monster races works pretty well. Fucking balrogs and vampires and dragons for the weirdos, swordhavers and bookreaders for most people, maybe add druids as something unique, and the monk would probably still turn up (based on The Destroyer, naturally)

>>54034211
>A Lawful Magic-User is something like Ganbalf or Galabriel.
And her husband, Teleborno!
>>
>>54032740
I have no idea how he stays so chipper and receptive during moments like these. Dude has the patience of a saint.
>>
>>54032740
I don't know. Two of those players have played B/X with Adam before and seemed to enjoy it and One of them said he probably would have enjoyed the dungeon with a different group of players.

Even one of the ones who hadn't played any old school games said that he was into it until they rolled up new characters to tackle the same dungeon after dying instead of going and doing something else.

One of the things both Adam and a bunch of the players also noted is that coming from 5th edition and playing that module was weird because 5th has a ton of combat oriented abilities. A lot of the dislike seems like it stems from that mismatch, rather than a strict dislike of an oldschool playstyle.
>>
>>54035563
https://youtu.be/-2SOc_JxT-o?list=PLTj75n3v9eTmoXmgjFS8hP0cFXAd5MR_f
>>
>>54032651
Crumbling reality in floating islands over the maelstrom of possibility? Sort of like Bastion or the later parts of that French Dungeon comic. It might be hard to mesh up the floating fairytale like qualities with a tendency to focus on grit, but now that I'm typing it, Beyond The Wall seems like it could be made to work.
>>
For the people in these threads who say that clerics and/or thieves were mistakes, have you actually removed them from your games?
>>
>>54035771
Given most games are balanced around the core classes from the ground up, I'd imagine it'd be far too much trouble for its worth.
>>
>>54035799
What is this balance you speak of?
>>
File: Ghostwalk.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostwalk.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>>54035672
Vaguely reminds me of the only unless you count Frostburn, et al. D&D setting WotC made.
>>
>>54035836
Most 2e and many later 1e modules expect certain party compositions.
At the risk of being a true Scotsman, no proper OSR modules expects "party balance."
>>
>>54035836
You know, play balance. As described on pages B53, B56, especially B60 and B63, X4, X7 and X8, (these two directly address classes' special abilities being balanced by worse combat ability and other restrictions), X43, X51, X55, and X59 of B/X.

Disclaimer: I did just Ctrl+F for "balance", and you should too.
>>
Any Roguelike fans here?

One thing I've been toying with is doing away with classes and doing something more like Brogue- everyone starts as a guy in leather with leather armor and a dagger. What you develop into depends on what you find in the dungeon. So you could load all the wizard stuff onto one guy and make them be an uber wizard, or spread it out so everyone has a few magical tricks up their sleeves. Maybe you'll wear that plate armor, or maybe you'll stay lightweight to be fast and stealthy.

My concern is that the players would feel like they're not adapting to dungeon junk, but to DM fiat, and wouldn't feel like they owned their characters
>>
>>54035994
Look into DCC funnels if you haven't already.
>>
File: On Balance and Hirelings.png (726KB, 718x568px) Image search: [Google]
On Balance and Hirelings.png
726KB, 718x568px
>>
File: A dark spirit appears.jpg (97KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
A dark spirit appears.jpg
97KB, 600x800px
>>54035994
>Any Roguelike fans here?
You might find a few neuteals, but I would sooner eat a hat than expect you to find someone here who dislikes them.

>everything else
Maybe take a look at Into the Odd?
>and wouldn't feel like they owned their characters
It amazes me that I need to say this. Find out what to prepare before you start preparing.
That's just good prep.
And ask your players (probably out of game?) what they're interested in. Block out some time at the end of every session for that.
Then make sure similar things are decently weighted on your tables.
>>
>>54035921
But that's all about the DM balancing the game around the characters, not the game being balanced around what classes there are.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-06-26-21-29-32.png (89KB, 720x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-26-21-29-32.png
89KB, 720x1193px
http://goblinpunch.blogspot.com/2014/11/last-night-i-dreamt-of-monsters.html

Anyone ever do a dungeon will only one monster in it?
Not one type of monster, just straight up one monster.
>>
>>54036008
I have, and that's sortof the feel I'm going for, but i want it to last through the whole game- not the wanton slaughter part but 'I found a piece of equipment- this could change everything!' feeling

>>54036145
Thanks for the tip, and into the odd is a nice inspiration
'
>>
>>54026751
You could try the ACKS-style compromise, where each race is given two or three racial classes. So Elves might be an Elven Spellblade (the classic B/X Elf), an Elven Enchanter, or an Elven Nightblade (a Thief/MU hybrid). This avoids some of the issues with "all characters of X race are the same" while still establishing something defining about elves (they're all good at magic).
>>
So, my setting is basically one in which the planet itself is essentially a slumbering deity that hates all life on its surface (with much of the horrible shit in the underdark being manifestations of its dreams).

Clerics don't work because the god/planet prevents their prayers from being heard. Arcane magic has all but been destroyed, and remains mostly in the form of artifacts. But psionicists exist, latent psychic energies awakened after a hellish nightmare encounter with the world or one of its many servants while sleeping.

My question is, where can I find a decent, relatively simple, well-described psionicist class?
>>
File: 1458646834265.jpg (835KB, 986x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458646834265.jpg
835KB, 986x1000px
Anyone have any tips on converting Pathfinder's artillery and guns from Modern Firearms into ACKs using Domain of War? Is this a hopeless endeavor?
>>
>>54036425 here.

For a campaign inspired by sword-and-sorcery fiction, especially Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser and the Elric stories, I'm thinking of restricting players to these classes:

>Barbarian
>Fighter
>Bard (has no magic; knows lore and can inspire allies and charm enemies with a successful skill roll; all skills use 2d6)
>Psion (still need to find a streamlined, straightforward version of this)
>Thief (skills are used like saves, on top of what anyone can do; also all 2d6-based)

All arcane magic is either granted by demons and the like or in the form of artifacts from long ago. Divine magic doesn't seem to exist.

Thoughts? Advice?
>>
File: Dixit-Expansion-Dublin-Ireland.jpg (253KB, 969x923px) Image search: [Google]
Dixit-Expansion-Dublin-Ireland.jpg
253KB, 969x923px
>>54036425
http://udan-adan.blogspot.com/2015/07/denizens-of-wicked-city-7-blighted-and.html
http://udan-adan.blogspot.com/2015/09/denizens-of-wicked-city-8-mindblade.html
>>
>>54036924
That first one, with a few tweaks, looks perfect! Thank you!
>>
>>54036807
>on top of what anyone can do
Suggestion:

Unless they do out right supernatural things (hide in shadows, etc) just give them automatic success.
Non-thieves advance chance of success, thieves advance speed. Apropos of nothing, call them Jewellers.
>>
It's been awhile, how's /osr/ doing? Got a minor shock when I looked up /osrg/ and saw no threads.

Planning on starting a B/X megadungeon over discord using a rollbot and voice chat. One thing I'm unsure about is how to handle mapping. Should I suggest players do it by hand and upload photos if another player wants to look at it? or is there some convenient way for them to do it on the computer?
>>
>>54037389
Roll20 has decent drawing and dice rolling tools, even if that's all you use it for.
>>
>>54037440
would rather avoid directing players to it. It's bloated, doesnt run on a lot of browser and requires an account iirc
>>
>>54037523
It runs on any modern browser and it's as bloated as you want it to be, really. You do have to sign up for an account but you can easily use a throwaway email address. If you use it for nothing more than drawing maps with freehand, line drawing, shape drawing, text, and snap to grid features, you couldn't ask for more.

Otherwise you could ask people to draw and upload their map at the end of each session, or maybe point a webcam at it. There are probably modern analogs to Whiteboard conferencing (a la NetMeeting) if you just want shared drawing, but I still don't see why you'd use that over Roll20.
>>
>>54024648
What is this screen shot from?
>>
>>54036202
>I Am Skullton Jelly
you want some (shitty) scans of the full comic skeleton jelly's from?
>>
File: sadfrogjapan.jpg (378KB, 899x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogjapan.jpg
378KB, 899x1280px
>>54038155
>tfw megaforce will never be rereleased in any form
>>
>>54034339
I disagree.

On the other hand, anything made in the past 50 years that features psionics or anything similar shouldn't be labelled as scifi.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-06-27-14-14-47.png (90KB, 720x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-27-14-14-47.png
90KB, 720x1188px
>>54037969
Reigns, a $3 resource management adventure/puzzle game.
Swipe left for no, right for yes. Also there's a dueling minigame.

Top of the screen is how the church, population, army, and treasury are doing.
You die if any get full or empty. Also some answers kill you.
>>
File: allyofjustice.jpg (548KB, 1320x920px) Image search: [Google]
allyofjustice.jpg
548KB, 1320x920px
>>54036507
Bump
>>
>>54034339
How would you classify stories based on classic folklore and mythology (elves, fairies, magic swords, and dragons) that don't have any science fiction elements?
>>
>>54039066
Fiction, Speculative Fiction, or Weird Fiction.
>>
>>54039236
What about before those latter two terms were invented?

Besides, isn't speculative fiction just Harlan Ellison's made-up word for science fiction that's not sci-fi?
>>
>>54039353
Speculative fiction is fiction where something is fundamentally different from reality. Weird fiction is speculative fiction that doesn't resemble reality.
>>
>>54039236
>there shouldn't be a division between sci-fi and fantasy
>instead, everyone should use this other division which describes the differences less well
>>
>>54038314
I've been debating whether or not I should have it torn up and cleanly scanned ever since I got it over a decade ago after reading those skeleton jelly strips that used to float around 4chan. It's great, and pure D&D. But I don't know if there's any interest in it to justify it.

I also have Brinkman's Teratoid Heights which goes for a couple hundred these days. Multiforce is better.
>>
>>54037621
Actually, I found a tool that's exactly what I was looking for:
https://campaignwiki.org/gridmapper.svg

It's actually intended for DM's but it should be perfect. Keyboard control is efficient, can easily link the maps, save it as a txt for later or even allow players to collaborate live.
>>
Does ACKs have some sort of info on Elemental attributes? Does it do anything noticeable at all, like extra damage dice or something?
>>
File: tyler-smith-fruitspider04.jpg (640KB, 1920x2487px) Image search: [Google]
tyler-smith-fruitspider04.jpg
640KB, 1920x2487px
>>54040566
I saw this last thread and looked it up for you. As far as I can tell, no. Some creatures are vulnerable to certain elements but that's about it.
>>
File: Arrows.png (2MB, 2587x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Arrows.png
2MB, 2587x1341px
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/06/osr-fast-mapping-part-1-kingdom-county.html

Here's the finalized Fast Mapping Post, part 1. Slap down a map and generate a nice chaotic set of duchies and counties in just a few minutes. As a bonus, not only does this map generate borders, it also generates terrain/prosperity, implies conflicts, and sets up enclaves.
>>
>>54040566
the elementalism proficiency in the ACKS core book does:

Elementalism: Choose an element (air, earth, fire, water). Spells
using this element do +1 damage per die and impose a -2 saving
throw penalty on the target. Elementals summoned from this
element gain +1 hp per Hit Die. The character’s magic missiles
can be considered to be of this element, if he desires.
>>
>>54040674
Damn, that's a shame. Do you think it'll break the game if I added elemental damage like how Pathfinder does it?
>>
>>54041063
Best way to handle vulnerabilities is rolling twice, taking the higher result.
Reverse works for resistance, but you're cleaner off jumping to immunity.
>>
File: geunjoo-baek-1-3-s.jpg (275KB, 1600x747px) Image search: [Google]
geunjoo-baek-1-3-s.jpg
275KB, 1600x747px
>>54041063
Not even slightly. OSR style gaming is break-resistant. It's just more tedious tracking to do and I probably wouldn't bother, but that's no reason for you not to do it.
>>
File: jakub-rebelka-broken-s.jpg (224KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
jakub-rebelka-broken-s.jpg
224KB, 752x1063px
>>54027353 >>54041178

Questions about your Cleric:

What exactly are their spells?
Angels?
Cast off (impure) bits and pieces of the Cleric's soul?
Near-heaven-ghosts earning their way in on good behavior?
(Are necromancy spells hell-ghosts on parole?)
What happens if you cram an angel into someone's skull?

What happens if two banish spells banishing spells overlap?
Do paradox angels show up?
Do the spells /become/ paradox angels?

How does soul flight work?
Can you fly up or down to heaven or hell?
Is your soul carried by the spell, or is your soul the spell?
(If you possess a wizard, can they fling you back out?)
(Can they nick your spell to fling themselves out?)

How do cantrips fall into your spell paradigm?
>>
File: tumblr_md2n7ug0dG1rjzye2o1_500.jpg (72KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md2n7ug0dG1rjzye2o1_500.jpg
72KB, 500x333px
>>54041383
I have a very simple answer: Clerics are not in my campaign. They don't exist in my setting. I don't use them. I just wrote them up so that people could have a GLOG cleric, because people wanted a GLOG cleric.

So I don't have to explain /shit/. It's like asking "how does The One Ring work in your system?" Dunno man. It's not in my games.

>How do cantrips fall into your spell paradigm?
Cantrips for wizards are tiny spells that live in your body/soul. They don't need space in your brain. They're like little sea anenomes that are attached to your soul. Little tiny spells, floating around you like feeder fish.
>>
File: C_-05_AUIAA7Mxk.jpg (463KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C_-05_AUIAA7Mxk.jpg
463KB, 2048x2048px
>>54041383
>Are necromancy spells hell-ghosts on parole?
Some of them might be, now that I think about it. Not "raise dead" or anything, but some of the other ones might be.
>>
>>54041444
Nice trips

Speaking of GLOG, did anyone make a compilation with all classes, especially the wizard schools? I'm too lazy to search...
>>
File: jakub-rebelka-andromeda.jpg (1MB, 1890x1881px) Image search: [Google]
jakub-rebelka-andromeda.jpg
1MB, 1890x1881px
>>54041444
Wouldn't your spells proper attract cantrips, too?
>>
File: gMYizSO.gif (944KB, 348x234px) Image search: [Google]
gMYizSO.gif
944KB, 348x234px
>>54041474
They should be tagged "classes". No compilation post yet. I'm also rewriting Wizard and writing Thief, Barbarian, and 2 kinds of Paladins.

Arnold K has the originals all nice and PDFed because he's organized.

>>54041474
Spells, probably not. They tend to not exist in one stable form long enough. But magical creatures like dryads and dragons are practically infested with cantrip-level spells. Occasionally dragons have to fly around shedding excess spells like dead skin flakes.
>>
>>54041527
>writing Thief
But thief was even a bigger mistake than cleric!
>>
File: Qxds9.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Qxds9.gif
2MB, 500x333px
>>54041563
Look man. My game is set in 14th century France, except the king is a bird, there are slug people and toad people and lizard people, spells are creatures, god is a modron, and one of the two popes is a stone elemental.

I could not possibly give less of a fuck about "mistakes" at this point because if there are mistakes, I'm making them.
>>
What's that OSR game that someone likened to Shadow's Over Mystara last thread?
>>
>>54041649
>god is a modron, and one of the two popes is a stone elemental.
Tell me more

>I could not possibly give less of a fuck about "mistakes" at this point because if there are mistakes, I'm making them.
But why don't you add clerics then?
>>
>>54036202
I mean, I really want to run Deep Carbon Observatory...
>>
File: SyIbohW.gif (475KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SyIbohW.gif
475KB, 500x500px
>>54041691
>Tell me more
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/04/osr-religion-in-elderstone.html
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/05/osr-creature-paradox-angels.html
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/05/osr-minor-angels.html?showComment=1494100391876#c8998155174052618630

The Authority is mostly omniscient but can't see the future. He's mostly omnipotent but can't unmake his own laws. He likes laws and he has a plan. The rest follows from there.

>But why don't you add clerics then?
Because I don't want to?
>>
>>54041723
>Because I don't want to?
but why don't you want clerics?
>>
>>54041760
It's right in the dang post: https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/04/osr-cleric-spells.html

>There are no clerics in my game. They don't have a niche. Priests deal with day-to-day matters. Paladins enforce the word of the Authority. A good lunch heals you.
>>
>>54041723
>The duty of the Adversary is to keep unworthy souls out of the world, and to torment them according to their sins, and to test the faith of the living. The devout have little to fear from the Adversary and her legions.
So the adversary and the Authority are not equal? That's the impression I got
>>
File: 1492875476575.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492875476575.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>54041907
>So the adversary and the Authority are not equal?
Absolutely not equal. This isn't Gnosticism. The Adversary is a created thing, an engine of temptation, and a tormentor of the impious and impure.

It's why She's obviously female. Obviously.
>>
>>54041949
In that case does being gay have positive religious connotations?
>>
File: OCiq2s0b2I76g.gif (992KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
OCiq2s0b2I76g.gif
992KB, 500x250px
>>54041987
>In that case does being gay have positive religious connotations?
No, no, the opposite of that. You're really not getting seeing this whole "generic fantasy Catholic" thing, are you? How else was I supposed to fit in original sin, Greek morals, and Catholic shame in just 1 or 2 sentences?

>inb4 "but Greek morals = butt stuff" that's not what I meant an you know it
>>
>>54042035
>generic fantasy Catholic
So in that case is homosexuality overtly opposed but secretly priests grope little boys and the institution not only keeps it a secret but allows it to continue to happen?
>>
>>54042035
Greeks didn't do butt stuff anyways, they lubed up their thighs
>>
>>54042064
>So in that case is homosexuality overtly opposed but secretly priests grope little boys and the institution not only keeps it a secret but allows it to continue to happen?
Correct. Plus, concubinage and indulgences and all that fun stuff too.

Nobody in the priesthood gives a fig if you fuck other men if you're very, very rich and powerful or pathetically poor, provided you keep it secret. After all, they're all aware at least some of their own Estate are playing "smuggle the treasure of Princess Rigunth".

>>54042066
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/erotic-graffiti-found-greece-180951979/

Yes, definitely the thighs. Mhm. For sure.
>>
File: fPq9Z5qE - Copy.jpg (78KB, 960x617px) Image search: [Google]
fPq9Z5qE - Copy.jpg
78KB, 960x617px
>>54042156
Sorry, let me make that blue board safe...
>>
File: 1460095323684.jpg (429KB, 1300x788px) Image search: [Google]
1460095323684.jpg
429KB, 1300x788px
So I want different flavors of Magic Users in my ACKS game. Do you think it's a good move go limit the type of spells a mage gets considering what sort of school they go to? Like mages that studied in the college of battle magics would get spells like cloudkill, fireball, shield, magic missle, etc, whereas mages that studies at the college of general magics would get spells like telekinesis, hold portal, read languages, locate object, floating disc, etc.
>>
File: james-zapata-fireknight.jpg (268KB, 846x900px) Image search: [Google]
james-zapata-fireknight.jpg
268KB, 846x900px
>>54042397
Not even slightly crazy. https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/03/osr-wizard-schools-stolen-from-goblin_7.html
>>
File: Satan's Throne.jpg (1MB, 1868x2242px) Image search: [Google]
Satan's Throne.jpg
1MB, 1868x2242px
Since everyone else is shilling their setting, I'll do it too.

Basically one of the core ideas I want to incorporate for OSR play is for a lot of the world to make sense. And part of that comes from an evil god, to which I still do not have a good name beyond the title; "The King in Red".

The King in Red is the closest thing this setting has to a monotheistic deity. This is only because every culture in this world worships him, but not out of love but out of force. Other gods, forest spirits, ancestor ghosts and so forth are local, helpful, praised. This guy is just a dick. Every year a meteorological event happens, the red moon rises. Everyone grants this dark god sacrifices this night, and if they don't horrible plagues and monsters descend upon those who do not. It's purely for his gain, he offers nothing to the people. Farming villages just have to give up a few sacks of grain, a few animals. Rich merchants and adventures are expected to part with gold and gemstones. Kings and Queens build entire wooden palaces and burn them to the ground. Monsters get a bonus HD during this night, but don't actually go raid the townspeople, and here's why.

This dark god is also the creator or father of all the monsters in the world, and this is where the game makes sense- all the loot and treasures the monsters have are gifts from their father, which were in turn stolen from the mortals. Recovering treasure is exactly that, getting back the sacrifices that people were forced to make to the Dark God.

So as far as a rough concept goes, how does this sound? While it certainly gives the setting a bleak atmosphere, unless the players are the ones trying to climb up to heaven and kill him at higher levels of play, it also explains why monsters have gold and xp gained for taking it back. What do you think?
>>
File: 1356112661377.jpg (63KB, 944x521px) Image search: [Google]
1356112661377.jpg
63KB, 944x521px
>>54042615
I think it's good. It's a little meta, but it works.

I remember that there was once a god in Exalted or something. He was just a simple cattle god of simple, peaceful herdsmen. Each year, the cattle-driving tribes would offer him one animal from their herds.

Then, one year, the god demanded 100 cows. Any tribe that could not offer 100 cows would suffer cruel and painful diseases, plagues, and torments. The demand was clear and unambiguous.

Some of the richest tribes could afford to sacrifice 100 cows. For the medium sized ones, it was their entire herd. They did their best but, with their herds dead, soon died anyway. Those that couldn't succumbed to plagues.

But some of the smaller tribes realized that they didn't have to sacrifice /their/ cows....

So when, the next year, the god demanded 100 cows again, the rich tribes wept, and the small tribes already had their axes and spears sharpened. Ambition is a terrible thing, among the gods. Why settle for ruling some herdsmen when you could rule the world?
>>
>>54042615
I like it. You could work in more astrological events , and use a fast-paced timescale so your players get to see them
>>
In The Black Hack, example of play, why is the Thief rolling Dex to dodge a melee attack, instead of Str?

> DM : Good hit! Now the Ghoul's turn. Thief test your Dexterity to try and dodge the Ghoul's paralysing claws and bite.
>>
>>54036507
No tips or tricks?
>>
>>54043009
Seems like a mistake on the author's part to me. Simple mistake to make, though, since "dodging something" has basically always been Dex.
>>
>>54042615
I really like this, especially the part about burning wooden palaces because it implies that the reasons the dungeons are so vast is because they were already once constructed. Most people who shill their setting do so by posting their blog. Do you have one?
>>
File: philotomy.png (180KB, 670x935px) Image search: [Google]
philotomy.png
180KB, 670x935px
>>54041527
>Spells, probably not.
Shot in the dark: You don't want to write up more cantrips.

A: Meditate for 1 hour to gain a new Save against any ongoing mental effect.
B: Veterans of drowning (DWs and their spies, etc.) hear a loud bell ring due north.
C: Touched creature believes that any who die by drowning instantly go to Hell. Lasts 1 hour.
D: Drip a puddle off metal then stare in for 1 hour to scry whoever last touched the metal.
E: Bleed oil by clenching a coin hard enough to draw blood. The coin vanishes.
F: Boil water by scowling at it. 25 milliliters per minute (40 minutes per liter).
G: Spit out (and thus forget) a thought or idea. Anyone who drinks the spit gains the thought.
H: Spend 1 hour in silence, and you can hear nearby air elementals. Only effects hearing.
I: While your eyes are closed, spells and wizards need 1 extra round to find you.

Drowned wizards have cantrip A, regardless of their spells.
Other cantrips are rolled (an noted) when spells are learned.

1: 2-in-6 chance for E, else B
2: 1-in-6 chance for D, else B
3: 3-in-6 chance for G, else C
4: 2-in-6 chance for G, else F
5: always E
6: 4-in-6 chance for D, else B
7: 3-in-6 chance for F, else E
8: 1-in-6 chance for D, else B
9: 2-in-6 chance for G, else C
10: always F
11: H, or 3-in-6 chance for A in other wizard orders
12: I, or 4-in-6 chance for A in other wizard orders

Carefully Prepared or Misshapen spells lose their cantrip for the day.
Speaking of which, are Carefully Prepared spells still prone to Doom?
>>54041563
But were Thieves a bigger mistake than psionics?

>>54041691
>But why don't you add clerics then?
He lets characters of any class (except Paladins) join the clergy.
Adding what basically amounts to a Church Wizard marginalizes that.
>>
File: 1492871735162.jpg (54KB, 960x631px) Image search: [Google]
1492871735162.jpg
54KB, 960x631px
>>54043447
>Misshapen
*Mishappen
>>
>>54043390

Nope, but I've always wanted to.
>>
File: Rats in the Walls-1.png (158KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Rats in the Walls-1.png
158KB, 1700x2200px
>>54043611
I mean, if I can do it melancholiesandmirth.blogspot.com then you can do it too.
>>
>>54042615
I like it because it does that Dark Souls thing where it explains game mechanics in terms of the narrative. Dark Souls had to explain check points in terms of undead respawning at bonfires while you explain dungeons full of monsters with treasure in terms of the setting's deity. Nice.
>>
File: 1489288388945.jpg (142KB, 900x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1489288388945.jpg
142KB, 900x1162px
>>54043447
>Shot in the dark: You don't want to write up more cantrips.

I love writing cantrips, actually. I just like having then kind of consistent. Wizards get SO MUCH GOOD SHIT already that it makes the other classes jealous. Adding more cool shit to their lives seems unnecessary when I still haven't even started on the Barbarian.

>Speaking of which, are Carefully Prepared spells still prone to Doom?
Oh my yes. Dooms are Dooms. They aren't coming for you because you fucked up. They're coming for you because you are.
>>
>>54044007
Until level 2, it's less (but more varied) good shit.
After level 2, you're ahead but incentivized not to be.
>>
>>54043174
You'd get better results if you asked for rules about using firearms in OSR rather than asking about converting a supplement I've never heard of in a game I don't play to a game I don't own yet using rules in a supplement I'd never heard of.
>>
File: quentin-de-warren-sketch-2.jpg (103KB, 600x971px) Image search: [Google]
quentin-de-warren-sketch-2.jpg
103KB, 600x971px
>>54044051
I don't mean it's nessesarily mechanically better. It just feels cooler. It's an entire subsystem of fun other non-wizard players don't get access too, neener neener neeeeener.

And that's harsh, in a game where magic exists and only some people can do it. That's not the goal.

But your post is mechanically sound and if you run a game, including it would be just fine.
>>
>>54044080
Write "roll a cantrip of such-and-such order" onto a few background tables for the other classes.
>>
File: 1443148433350.jpg (407KB, 1109x1599px) Image search: [Google]
1443148433350.jpg
407KB, 1109x1599px
So I'm about 20 entries from being done my "Historia Francorum Tables".

They feature
2xd100 Table of Rulers
1xd100 Table of Deaths
1xd50 Particularly Horrible Deaths
1xd100 Warfare
1xd100 Events

And as a nice bonus:
1d100 Table of Male Names
1d20 Table of Female Names

So.... that's fun.
>>
File: 1309052239729.gif (2MB, 295x216px) Image search: [Google]
1309052239729.gif
2MB, 295x216px
>>54044148
>Write "roll a cantrip of such-and-such order" onto a few background tables for the other classes.
>>
>>54040694
I like this! It might be worth mentioning that you can use this same random-walk technique on 6-, 5- and even 3-mile hexes if you want to create something more like the Holy Roman Empire than England/France.
>>
>>54044376
Thanks! As we shall see in part 2, using 6 mile hexes to map the inside of a county, into baronies and fiefs, it's pretty useful on any scale. Mathematically though, you don't want it "require" extensions of more than 5 from the core for a county to work or you might not get any. Source: eyeballed it. This limits the utility for HRE-type states. You could probably use a "go until hit another marked hex, then reroll. If you still hit a mark hex, stop. Otherwise, continue."
>>
Is there such a thing as being able to run an OSR game just with a random table instead of mapping out a whole dungeon? Or does that ruin the whole idea of the game?
>>
>>54042615
>unless the players are the ones trying to climb up to heaven and kill him at higher levels of play
Obviously, he's what's at the bottom of the dungeon, not in heaven.

The rest is solid.
>>
>>54044482
It's possible and there are resources. Someone actually made the 1e tables into a poster, which someone else eventually made into a video game. Whether it's DESIRABLE to do that as anything but a one-off gimmick, rather than just using a module (assuming you're just too lazy to make a dungeon) is another question entirely

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2040314005/random-dungeon-generator-as-a-dungeon-map

http://blogofholding.com/dungeonrobber/
>>
>>54033802

Dude, I would murder for a fully fleshed-out Dreamlands setting. Short of that, I'm a huge fan of the stuff on Mazirian's Garden (https://maziriansgarden.blogspot.com.au).

I'm also working on my own setting that's a mixture of Lankhmar and the Dreamlands, with a bit of Planescape and Invisible Cities thrown in for good measure.
>>
File: Red Moon spoopy.jpg (135KB, 969x606px) Image search: [Google]
Red Moon spoopy.jpg
135KB, 969x606px
>>54044530

No, he's on the red moon that swings around every year. You have to fight to the top of a huge mountain where his strongest minions live. Then you have to cross to the moon.

The moon is a mega dungeon. At the bottom of THAT dungeon, that's where he is.
>>
>>54038704
>paying money for a game that is fun for maximum one hour
Android devs should up their game man
>>
Hey, so, there's a $10 bundle on DTRPG right now.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/214673/ConTessa-2017-Bundle-of-Awesome-BUNDLE

Don't get excited at the "savings" - it's just because one of those items is "officially" priced at $999. Do get excited, because that's the PDF of Fire on the Velvet Horizon, which owns and is generally only available in hardcopy, and because there's a bunch of really cool other stuff included.
>>
File: t3_5teh47.jpg (253KB, 1031x1400px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5teh47.jpg
253KB, 1031x1400px
>>54044688
Just to shill, Fire on the Velvet Horizon alone is worth the dough.

Not the $999. The $10.
>>
>>54044688
>>54044700
I'll second that shilling, because The Lapis Observatory is also crazy good. It's not that hard to get, but it's worth checking out.
>>
>>54044056
Okay, well let me rephrase. I'm trying to use firearms and artillery from up to the middle-late 19th century. ACKs has a supplement called Guns of War that gives eay guns of any kind a flat 1d8 damage, with the rifled flintlock as the most technologically advanced firearm and takes 4 rounds at the least to reload. In Pathfinder, it has two supplements I'm aware of that uses firearms, both early and modern types. Most guns there have variable amounts of damage according to range and at most takes a single round to reload. I'm thinking about switching towards Pathfinder's ruleset since ACKs just makes the inclusion of firearms a hassle.
>>
>>54044963
I believe the AD&D DMG has rules for converting characters from AD&D to Boot Hill. You could try using those to work out how to translate Boot Hill's guns into AD&D.
>>
>>54044987
I could do that, thanks. I haven't heard of Boot Hill up until now. Are they both located in the trove somewhere?
>>
>>54044687
I've put in about 15 hours by now.
There are a couple hundred events and the puzzle get tricky.

Plus, resource management makes for fun gameplay.
I can't even guess at how much time I've put into Dektop Dungeons.
>>
>>54044963
Another obvious thing for you to check out is the LotFP firearms rules, even though they probably fall foul of your "too much hassle for nothing" principle which I regard as commendable.
>>
File: swarm.png (42KB, 571x266px) Image search: [Google]
swarm.png
42KB, 571x266px
Reading Maze Rats spell tables, I noticed that there is a a "Swarm" entry for both Ethereal and Physical Forms.

I get that physical swarm is something acting like a swarm of insects. But ethereal swarm? Can't imagine that one.

How would you guys interpret this?

On the other hand, what other not listed ethereal form would you use to replace it?
>>
Sure. You can get swarmed by thoughts or ideas.
>>
>>54044963
Wizardawn has a pdf about higher tech stuff that you might be able to borrow parts of. It's not limited to just 19th century tech though. http://wizardawn.and-mag.com/files/tech_and_trolls.pdf. Also Stars Without Number has some rules for firearms. SWN is free I'm pretty sure. Again not limited to just 19th century.
>>
File: buster_is_coming.jpg (2MB, 1884x2974px) Image search: [Google]
buster_is_coming.jpg
2MB, 1884x2974px
>>54045473
>How would you guys interpret this?
Schizophrenia, or an adderall overdose
>>
File: tabloobloobloo.png (85KB, 593x823px) Image search: [Google]
tabloobloobloo.png
85KB, 593x823px
>>54045522
>>54045541

Here's the entire table to give some more context.

Basically you first roll on what two table you will roll and then roll on each of them.

So you can get spells like "Resurrecting Moss" or "Dispelling Fungus".

Also, interesting interpretation.
>>
>>54045473
Ghost bugs?
>>
Anybody have any hot opinions on the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (GURPS x OSR)?

>>54045058
Boot Hill's TSR's Western RPG, so it goes right up to the time you're looking for.

Boot Hill's under Other Oldschool, the 1e DMG is under TSR/AD&D 1st Edition.
>>
>>54045946
>Anybody have any hot opinions on the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (GURPS x OSR)?
Only the obvious one: it's not OSR. It's just GURPS minus the GU. In other words, they'd at best be unmaking it back into The F____y T_p.

Anyway, GURPS is always the wrong tool for the job.
>>
>>54045473
Why is an ethereal swarm harder to envision than e.g. an ethereal pyramid?
>>
>>54045983
You could argue it's OSR-adjacent, like Dungeon World and Torchbearer.
>>
>>54046004

Because it's a shape?

If I get get something like "acid pyramid" I just assume that the caster fires acid in pyramid-like shape, with the tip of the pyramid pointing towards the caster.

Think "cone of cold", but "pyramid of cold".
>>
>>54040217
I'd hate for you to destroy your copy, but if you did then that would be really cool of you. I have a compilations of scans from it but it's unfinished, and I find it kind of hard to read it on my computer. It's probably a better read on actual paper.
>>
>>54044688
Can someone upload FotVH to the trove?
>>
>>54044963
>>54045250
Stripping out a lot of the idiosyncratic shenanigans from LotFP provides some fairly serviceable rules. Make rounds 1 minute long instead of 6 seconds and bam you've got guns going on. Just the gun's damage represents one shot as opposed to a whole minute's worth of swording or arrows.
>>
File: Phooey.jpg (28KB, 459x304px) Image search: [Google]
Phooey.jpg
28KB, 459x304px
>>54045983
>It's just GURPS minus the GU
>>
Somebody give me a request for a 50 things list or a bunch of random encounters at a certain location or something.
>>
>>54046716
50 Hidden Locations Of Lost Cities
>>
>>54045946
This is a top notch western RPG and I might give a go on its own later. Do you know what page the rate of fire for a weaponis on? I'm using Boot Hill's 3rd Edition to be clear.
>>
>>54046762
One or two Careful shots per six-second Combat turn, and anywhere between one and six shots per one-second Shootout turn. RoF doesn't depend on the gun in BH.

It's all in the Gunfights section, which starts on page 23. Shootout stuff starts on page 33, Combat turn stuff on page 27.

Though, looking at the method of dealing damage, it might be a bit difficult to translate this into D&D terms of HP.
>>
>>54046716
50 dungeon entrances
>>
File: 50 hidden cities.pdf (65KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
50 hidden cities.pdf
65KB, 1x1px
>>54046735

It took me about half way to realize you probably meant "lost" cities as in places to explore like dungeons, where as I kind of assumed you wanted active cities that were just hidden. Either way, you could convert any of these to lost/dead cities and it can still work.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>54048073
Next: 50 tiny entrances that lead to unexpectedly large dungeons
>>
>>54048073
Another great list, how do you keep coming up with these?

Definitely stealing #22, that's hilarious.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1574x1242px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1574x1242px
I want to run a Gamma World or Mutant Future campaign, and I've made a collage of the kind of vibe I want for it. Is this remotely doable?

Basically, lots of pastels and neons in a weird twilit desert wasteland full of horribly damaged (physically and emotionally) but USUALLY well-meaning people, dangerous mutants, and hostile robots that look like they're straight out of 80s sci-fi. Lots of Synthwave music and sticking it to a corrupt would-be government, etc.

Kind of a surreal, grim, but not hopeless thing.

Any tips at all on how to play up this vibe?
>>
>>54045473
Orbs.
>>
>>54045473
>what other not listed ethereal form would you use to replace it?
Ideal.
>>
>>54050583
Run a few sessions in a monster-of-the-week manner when the players decide to travel somewhere. Give them a lot of small towns in bumfuck nowhere which they can bump into, and take advantage of that to showcase the setting. Maybe the ranchers in x town want help in getting rid of the mutants which keep attacking their cattle, maybe they come across another which is patrolled by defective security robots which over time have formed a sort of cargo cult where people are forbidden to do certain seemingly nonsensical things so as not to activate their attack protocols
>>
>>54050992
>maybe they come across another which is patrolled by defective security robots which over time have formed a sort of cargo cult where people are forbidden to do certain seemingly nonsensical things so as not to activate their attack protocols
Dude, gold! It could be the almost entirely overgrown ruins of a town, where the robots don't "realize" the buildings and streets are missing, so they still arrest you for jaywalking if you try crossing a "road" at the wrong time and place etc., handcuff you and bring you to the former site of the jail, currently home to a mutant hyena pack (because they've learned that the robots frequently drop off handcuffed dinner there).

If you trespass into the field where the vault of the bank used to lie, the robots' alarm goes to red alert and they zoom over there and shoot anyone present with their built-in laser pistols.
>>
>>54048073
Fucking brilliant. 5 stars, mate. Cheers.
>>
File: pic1484544.jpg (2MB, 1867x1440px) Image search: [Google]
pic1484544.jpg
2MB, 1867x1440px
>>54044180
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/06/table-of-rulers-history-of-franks.html
>>
>>54048073
These are dope, thanks.
>>
Hey guys. Guys.

>>54052418

You just gonna take shit like this without a fight?
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
Why wouldn't we take it?
>>
>>54054586
He's factually incorrect, though. See >>54054166 for example. Not all OSR games use the B/X save system.
>>
>>54042397
I didn't go as far to limit spells - I feel the fact that you only earn spells in play or research them (rather than learn them innately) generally makes wizards very different.

Secondly, the repertoire system means that while a player might possess many spells they rarely get to bring all of them with them on an adventure, which means multiple magic-users in a party end up specializing anyway.

That being said I did try my hand at trying some starting specializations that reflected a particular magical background education: http://www.autarch.co/forums/general-forums/house-rules/magic-user-starting-proficiencies-lores

In practice this ended up falling rather flat - most players just didn't really bother and rolled up default magic-users every time.
>>
>>54054031
This is one of the only generals in the board that generally don't feed the troll, and it's better if it stays that way. If someone doesn't like OSR systems that's fine and understandable, but no need for coming to the OSR general to yell about it.
>>
>>54055133
He's using an example, not an absolute.
>>
>>54054031

It's good bait, but why bite on it?
>>
>>54054031
Since /osrg/ started we've explained exactly why classic saves are great and not terrible approximately four million times. We only started reacting badly to it until there was a spergout twice per thread and the allegedly many anons consistently refused to even read any of the explanations, let alone consider them. Fortunately that was awhile ago now, and in all probability if a new poster were to ask about it (particularly if he didn't frame it as gigantic butthurt about trying to convince us that our favorite thing sucks and is in fact shit) he would receive a friendly explanation and would only get shit on once he showed himself to be just a raging sperg and/or deliberately obtuse.

The fact that anon knows we had a period of reacting badly to it suggests to me that we were totally right that it was one troll, and that guy was that troll.
>>
>>54055824
>until
*once
>>
>>54045564
Ethereal Swarm sounds to me like some kind of Magic Missile / Bullethell effect.
>>
>>54044688
>>54044700
>>54044726
The only meaningful shilling is PDF sharing.
>>
File: TR.jpg (784KB, 2849x3474px) Image search: [Google]
TR.jpg
784KB, 2849x3474px
>>54051903
>tfw reminded of that fucking episode with the salver
>>
>>54055824
>if a new poster were to ask about it
Could you give the explanation? I think the saves are fine, don't see anything "wrong" with them, but why do you think the saves are great? I'm curious
>>
>>54056210
Here you go: >>54054559
>>
>>54057072
Words can't describe the joy I'm feeling right now
>>
>>54056972
Fundamentally, two things are superior about old-style saves:

>they scale by the saving PC's level only, or almost anyway

>they're based on practical effects rather than some attempt to harmonize parts of the system so they look tidy

The first one's pretty straightforward. It's good that saving throws become easier to succeed at as you level up. It means Conan almost certainly won't get disintegrated if he gets whacked by a Disintegrate spell from a warlock. It's bad when instead, the caster's level is the main thing that determines how hard it is to make a save, because it means saving against a high-level caster's spells is more difficult -- you're more likely to save against Sleep on level 1 than against Disintegrate on level 11. The problems with that should be obvious, and it's a typical example -- perhaps the main instance, really -- of "butthurt casterfags shit up everything": basing save DCs on caster level was a 3E innovation and clearly motivated by assmangled Wizards being bitter that they never managed to one-shot the BBEG the way they mistakenly thought was their due when they read the spell description.

The second one's maybe not as obvious. Again, tying saves to abilities was a 3E innovation, and really came out of fucking nowhere; there wasn't much precedent for it in the preceding rulesets. It was clearly motivated by some idea that the old saves "made no sense" and wanting to make them orderly in a simulationist way, with the intention being that the means you used to save would be the most important factor rather than the effect you were saving against (a typical simulationist notion).

[To be continued, I ran out of characters. Sorry for getting long-winded.]
>>
File: fb-nine.jpg (68KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
fb-nine.jpg
68KB, 1200x747px
>>54056449
So many good episodes. I'd watch a cartoon history of the Franks any day.
>>54051903
Thanks, not-me...

>>54057178
It's so good.
>>
>>54056972
>>54057419

However, this again is super destructive because the old saves were based on how debilitating the effect was, so that (for instance) saving vs. poisons and death rays is easier than saving vs. being paralyzed, which is comparatively survivable. In the new-style system, with its simulationist reasoning, poison instead ended up being *harder* to save against than paralysis (both of them resisted with Fortitude IIRC), because "it's a stronger and more dangerous effect, so of course it's harder to shake off". So there you have another instance of 3E shitting up play by getting things exactly backwards. And this time, only so that the system could look more """elegant""", which of course 3E fails terribly at anyway. The old systems may seem somewhat disordered (or in the case of OD&D, very disordered), but every rule is there for a reason and was thoroughly trialled by people who had no goal but their own fun (*especially* in OD&D, ironically), so the game retains its vitality. In contrast, 3E was designed on paper and to sell well, and consequently came out crippled and fragile. Of course, that's the exact kind of claim that makes Anon in the other thread assmad.

There. I hope that helps and that I haven't sounded as though I were enraged out of my mind by the question.
>>
>>54055824
>Since /osrg/ started we've explained exactly why classic saves are great and not terrible approximately four million times.
Repeatedly saying something doesn't make it true. You can explain what kind of broader result each of the saving throw categories covers, but the very fact that it's not immediately obvious is a flaw. The names of the categories are long and clumsy, and I still couldn't tell you the logic behind which saves a class is comparatively good at. And even if you wanted to present a similar variation towards different saving throws, single category saves with a bonus category and/or a penalty category would be an easier, less data-intensive way of doing it. There's no sense having 5 different numbers for each class at each level step when you could simple have 1 number and a couple of categories to remember. There simply isn't enough variation between most of the numbers to justify a 5 category system.

But in my experience, /osr/ can usually disagree on shit without flipping out, so that's where that guy is wrong. And we tend to pretty openly discuss changes like this on a regular basis. I mean, Swords & Wizardry embraces single-category saves, and you don't see people spazzing out about it all the time.
>>
File: HWxI68g.jpg (88KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
HWxI68g.jpg
88KB, 700x525px
>>54051903
Anyway, to shill this some more, because apparently I got scooped, I created some tables for rolling up Frankish kings, histories, deaths, wars, and other nonsense.

If anyone wants to give it a whirl, I'd be delighted to see an example. If you like Gregory of Tours and all the utterly wacky stuff that happened in 6th century Gaul, this table will entertain you. If you have no idea, then you'll probably learn a thing or two about the true Dark Ages.
>>
>>54057596
>>54057419
Saving throws getting easier as you level is good. Better saving throws against things that kill you is good. And if you want to categorize saving throws by the methods used to avoid them (like Ref/Fort/Will), you need to take into account the fact that this makes saving throw weaknesses more easily targetable, but I still think the problem with 3e-style saves is in the (horrible) execution, and not the fundamental concept. You could do Ref/Fort/Will saves that get easier as you level, include a bonus against deadly shit, and are balanced in a way that a spell caster doesn't get an unfair advantage by targeting somebody's weak spot.
>>
>>54057694
>Repeatedly saying something doesn't make it true.
No, it's the fact that it's the truth that makes it true, not the repetition per se, I agree with you there.

>rest of post
All of this stuff is entirely reasonable critique that I even agree with in many cases (the unclarity about the reasoning underpinning the design in particular, which plagues the old books), but it also wouldn't make anyone in here annoyed. It's the angry shitloss about Y NOT 3.PF??!?!?!?!!! that gets grating. Besides, as you said yourself, several OSR games *do* introduce such revisions and clarifications as you're discussing, which are popular, especially S&W's "one save with mods".

I believe I'm not wrong in saying that S&W was one of the earliest retroclones to not just be a straight OSRIC/LL-type imitation, as well, so these variants have been around for a long time.

So no, I agree with you about everything modulo some personal tastes (e.g. I find five-category easier to manage mentally than one category plus saves, which is obviously just a difference in how our minds work). In particular, I feel that saves could be much more tightly and clearly tied to class, with larger bonuses and stronger explanations of the logic behind a class' bonuses. (I've also always felt that the Thief should probably have the best saves in total, to make up for being total shit in most other ways).
>>
File: 90404069.jpg (56KB, 387x411px) Image search: [Google]
90404069.jpg
56KB, 387x411px
>>54057596
>It was clearly motivated by some idea that the old saves "made no sense"
>but every rule is there for a reason and was thoroughly trialled by people who had no goal but their own fun
So, tl;dr:

3E designers didn't know Chesterton's Fence?

The first reason you gave I already knew, but the second one is new to me, thanks!
>>
>>54058151
>one category plus saves
Durf, *one category plus specific bonuses.
>>
>>54058155
>3E designers didn't know Chesterton's Fence?
Pretty much, yeah. "I bet they just put this in here because they were retarded" is the worst possible attitude to have if you're trying to fix something.
>>
>>54058151
Quit with the endless accusations and conspiracy theories, dude.

>(I've also always felt that the Thief should probably have the best saves in total, to make up for being total shit in most other ways).
Just speaking logically, it seems like getting out of scrapes is what a thief's about. Maybe he's not as good as a fighter when it comes to toughing something out, but for anything that can be dodged, rolled-with, or prepared for, it seems like he should be the king.
>>
I kind of wish that saves were either really different or just didn't exist. My players still haven't grokked the concept, not even when I switched to DCC and the 3e saves. Everytime I ask them to roll to save they just look at me confused, then down at their character sheets confused, then confusedly roll the die.
>>
>>54057178
Does /nobody/ search __Inbox?
It's been in out Trove for ages.
>>
>>54058747
>It's been in out Trove for ages.
I'm mad
>>
>>54057072
Nice.
>>
You know what I like about you guys? You make stuff. 3.PF, 4e, and 5e players are all obsessed with builds, but you guys create new shit, (most) all of it usable content.
>>
>>54057596
Fortitude, Reflex, and WIll are far more intuitive than the old save categories. I think the idea is decent, but the execution is quite lackluster.

If you want poison saves to be easier than paralysis, then save at Fortitude +4.

Save-or-die poison is retarded, anyway.

>get bit by spider
>immediately keel over

Dummmmmmmb.
>>
File: blurg.png (2MB, 1623x768px) Image search: [Google]
blurg.png
2MB, 1623x768px
>>54059625
Greetings newfriend!

We have long stretches where nobody makes stuff.
We solve this by constantly scouting. new blood.

The people who make stuff fuck off the the blogosphere.
>>
File: Make TG great again.png (348KB, 1927x377px) Image search: [Google]
Make TG great again.png
348KB, 1927x377px
>>54059712
Most of them stick around though. /tg/ is great for excellent and timely feedback. It also provides a lovely source of questions to answer.

>>54059625
>>
>>54059712

Just because they go to the blogosphere doesn't mean they don't hang around (and shill) here.
>>
File: LIES.jpg (29KB, 284x321px) Image search: [Google]
LIES.jpg
29KB, 284x321px
>>54059806
I can think of TWO (2) Blogsters who stuck around, and one of them *only* stayed to shill.
There might be more, but they aren't posting any content here.
>>
File: Khajiit Rogue.jpg (157KB, 474x575px) Image search: [Google]
Khajiit Rogue.jpg
157KB, 474x575px
I had the thought to let Rogues use ranged weapons really well, as well as Fighters could. But then I thought about it and wonder do you think that would make fighters shitty or bad? Like if Rogues can fight pretty good with ranged and also have thief skills do fighters seem redundant or useless if they are just good fighters with melee? Maybe make Rogues a bit weaker with ranged then fighters are with melee, but still advancing in it as they level?
>>
>>54059844
Skerples, the Occultesque guy, and melancholiesandmirth.blogspot.com who just started up and is doing a great job. That's 3 in this thread alone.

Why, there are probably dozens of us. Dozens!
>>
File: 1479885879638.gif (956KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479885879638.gif
956KB, 500x375px
>>54059872
You're thinking about it wrong, IMO.

Fighters should be good at fighting. They should fight all day, and fight all night. They should fight until the cows come home and then fight the fucking cows.

Rogues should be /able/ to fight (everyone should be able to fight), but Fighters are really, really good at it. That's their trap. If live by the sword, and you die. One day you'll fight a problem you should have brained at.

Rogues are for braining. They are for thinking through a problem - how do I steal that, kill that, avoid that, not die because of that.

Give a Rogue class enough cool tools to be the smartest, luckiest, and best planned guy around, and they'll be happy with a 1d6 dagger, 1 attack per round.
>>
File: Classes Oblivion.png (711KB, 789x628px) Image search: [Google]
Classes Oblivion.png
711KB, 789x628px
>>54059969

My problem is that Magic users contribute to fights, Fighters obviously contributes to fights, but Rogues don't really get anything that makes them good at fighting.

Personally I just love generic video game archetypes so having the rogues be good at ranged weapons and stuff just works really well with me.
>>
>>54059931
You're the second mention of that blog, anywhere.
The Occultesque guy dropped his full and true name.
Skerples only pops in to shill and nag.
>>
File: XU3U2W5.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
XU3U2W5.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>54060005
The Rogue's job is to avoid the fight entirely. That might seem unsatisfying, so if your game is about fighting, then don't do that.

But most OSR games are about not fighting. Balancing around fighting is like balancing around swimming - how much swimming do you expect to do? In a fight Rogues contribute as much as anyone else with a dagger. If you've got just the 3 classes, that's trickier, but give Rogues a situational backstab and it's all fine.

Incentivize behavior that you want to see through mechanics. Backstab? Sneaking around and flanking. A one-time bonus if you attack from surprise? Ambushes, or sniping. Etc.
>>
File: 1488173573539.gif (692KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488173573539.gif
692KB, 480x270px
>>54060022
And you?
>>
>>54059625
Pretty much this. 90% of the talk in 3.PF/4e/5e threads is about character builds, the most boring part of those games.
>>
>>54060142
>the most boring part of those games.
It's one of the more boring parts of 4e.

You've underestimated how boring 3&5e are.
>>
>>54059844
>>54059931
>>54059625
I like making content for people in the /osrg/. Even if it's total shit I know someone will get a kick out of it, and I've gotten some of the best constructive criticism from people in this crowd.

That said, time to shill. "Eating Good in the Dungeonhood" update, this time with food tables, tweaked rules and increased healing.

Next up: Descriptions for all 90-something unique food items and the edible portions of them.
>>
File: Dungeon_Gourmand_v0_1_2.pdf (101KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon_Gourmand_v0_1_2.pdf
101KB, 1x1px
>>54061013
Let's try that upload again.
>>
>>54061036
>>54061013
Looking good!

I'm considering going through the Monster Manual and maybe Fire on the Velvet Horizon and doing a "what happens if you eat this" table for each entry or group of entries. All the dinosaurs are more or less the same.
>>
>>54061225
Oi, Skerples!

You're testing the waters with enjoying the more paletable weebshit, right?
Might I recommend everything by Dowman Sayman?
>>
>>54024648
Magic-users were
>>
File: Troll - River.jpg (138KB, 1694x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Troll - River.jpg
138KB, 1694x1049px
>>54061225
FotVH would be a terrifying book to do a 'guide to eating' on.

You'd have to do it as a first-person journal sort of work, assigning Michelin stars to each monster.
>>
>>54061735
Nah. See, if I was Patrick Stuart, that'd be what I'd do. An entire guidebook to the finest meats of the underworld. But I want gameable content now, so I'll create terrifying little tables instead. Implied content. Purple prose, but tabulated.

Stuff to create a story, but not the story itself. No hidden stories, just tools.

>>54061336
Sadly, no time.
>>
File: 005.jpg (394KB, 1113x1600px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
394KB, 1113x1600px
>>54061828
Can you find time for just the Voynich Hotel?
>>
>>54062019
are you me
>>
File: buster030705.jpg (326KB, 1200x1642px) Image search: [Google]
buster030705.jpg
326KB, 1200x1642px
>>54062130
>>54062019
How many of you are there?!?
>>
File: nrOEMDV.png (190KB, 444x445px) Image search: [Google]
nrOEMDV.png
190KB, 444x445px
>>54062214
Douman Seiman a best.
>>
File: alqadimthief.jpg (156KB, 584x771px) Image search: [Google]
alqadimthief.jpg
156KB, 584x771px
>>54060005
The Thief is about making the fight start in your favour. He is the strategic scout - by scouting ahead or by taking paths that are difficult for other classes to traverse (i.e. sheer vertical walls), the canny Thief spots traps and ambushes and allows the party to approach by the most favourable route and method, and when battle is joined he can open with a devastating backstab to neutralize a spellcaster or ranged combatant in the back rank.

This is not a glamorous job and results in a very high attrition rate; people will remember the Fighter bursting down the door and cutting down a bunch of orcs, but few will remember the Thief's timely intelligence that made the ambush possible.
>>
>>54062583
The main "problem" with the Thief is that a lot of the advantages he grants are only useful within a context that supports this. If your dungeon is made of straight line corridors that are perfectly lit (or worse, enemies that cannot be ambushed), with no traps or locked doors, then there's really no way for a Thief to contribute.

Even if your dungeon has design that helps a Thief, if the players think that a character "scouting ahead" is bad form then a Thief will be of questionable use if embedded in the middle of the party and only brought out as a human lockpick.
>>
What OSR/TSR games have a comprehensive amount of magic, comparable to 3.5/PF?

Particularly magic that could serve a more utilitarian purpose for a kingdom and let it advance.
>>
File: 1497097626661.jpg (267KB, 1280x752px) Image search: [Google]
1497097626661.jpg
267KB, 1280x752px
>>54061828
>>54061036
Good news! Thanks to some html magic, my task of sorting the Monster Manual into delicious edible categories is much easier.

Bad news! It's still going to take bloody /ages/!
>>
>>54041383
>weird ancient non-physical thing wants stuff done in the physical world
>weird ancient thing can't affect the physical world directly
>weird ancient thing CAN convince a human to worship it, and can give the human weird gifts
>weird ancient thing uses the human to advance its agenda and attract more worshippers
basically, clerics are chaos champions, but rather than for huge cosmic entities they're for smaller and less fundamental forces. A particularly strong ghost might be granting the cleric their spells, or a dreaming aboleth, or a demon, or something like that.
>>
>>54044482
>Is there such a thing as being able to run an OSR game just with a random table
This is kiiinda how I run wolfpacks. Nothing is too planned in advance. When the players find a cave (or something similarly interesting), I dump a bunch of dice on some paper, consult some tables for what each dice means, and BOOM, that's the skeleton of the dungeon. A few random encounters and so on later, and I've got a good enough skeleton to improvise out the rest.
Then again, I try to run games as 0 prep; when the players look at a thing, I roll some dice and we all find out what's there together.
>>
>>54059844
I'm still around! I mostly don't namefag, though.
Tried getting a blog going, didn't like it.
>>
File: john448.jpg (115KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
john448.jpg
115KB, 780x520px
>>54041465 >>54041649
Any relation between the Popes and Underpopes?
>>
File: stepan-alekseev-03.jpg (208KB, 1024x1313px) Image search: [Google]
stepan-alekseev-03.jpg
208KB, 1024x1313px
>>54063859
Oh yeah, there are two Counterarchpriests as well, who rule over the Church in Hell. They are appointed by a conclave of Countercardinals, 88 black-robed Liches who have forsaken both life, death, and heaven. Since one of the Counterarchpriests is made of stone, they really only need to deal with the election of the undead half.

Most Archpriests don't know about the Counterarchpriests.
>>
File: 1492400136870.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492400136870.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Ok, any complaints about my menu classifications?

++Normal Meat++ (will get a flavour and maaaaaaybe a minor effect)
Ape
Axe beak
Baboon
Barracuda
Baluchitherium
Badger
Bear
Beaver, giant (hur hur hur)
Boar
Buffalo
Bull
Camel, wild
Cattle, wild
Crocodile
Dinosaur
Dog
Dolphin
Eagle, giant
Eel
Elephant
Flightless bird
Frog, giant
Goat, giant
Herd animal
Hippopotamus
Horse
Hyena
Irish deer
Jackal
Jaguar
Lamprey
Leopard
Lion
Lizard
Lynx, giant
Mammoth
Mastodon
Mule
Otter, giant
Owl, giant
Pike, giant
Porcupine, giant
Ram, giant
Rat, giant (Sumatran)
Ray
Rhinoceros
Roc
Sea horse, giant
Sea lion
Shark
Skunk, giant
Snake, giant
Stag
Tiger
Titanothere
Toad, giant
Turtle, giant
Weasel, giant
Whale

++Normal Insect or Other++ (same thing)
Ant, giant
Beetle, giant
Centipede, giant
Crab, giant
Crayfish, giant
Gar, giant
Larva
Leech, giant
Octopus, giant
Portuguese man-o-war, giant
Scorpion, giant
Slug, giant
Spider
Squid, giant
Tick, giant
Wasp, giant
Wolf
Wolverine
>>
File: ZKFnv.jpg (91KB, 751x1153px) Image search: [Google]
ZKFnv.jpg
91KB, 751x1153px
>>54064064
++People++ (“wears clothes and makes weapons” and “if the PCs eat them, it’s kind of maybe cannibalism?” and “the PCs aren’t that likely to eat them”. They’ll still get flavours and maaaaybe minor effects)
Brownie
Bugbear
Centaur
Dwarf
Giant
Gnoll
Gnome
Goblins
Halfling
Harpy
Hobgoblin
Ixitxachitl
Jackalwere
Kobold
Lamia
Leprechaun
Lizard man
Locathah
Lycanthrope
Men
Merman
Naga
Nixie
Nymph
Ogre
Ogre mage (Japanese ogre)
Orc
Pixie
Sahuagin
Satyr
Sprite
Sylph
Triton
Troglodyte

++You Can't Eat This++ (The creature evaporates, sublimates, or vanishes completely.)
Aerial servant
Demons (all varieties)
Devils (all varieties)
Djinni
Efreet
Elemental
Elf
Ettin
Ghast
Ghost
Groaning spirit (Banshee)
Hell hound
Imp
Invisible stalker
Nightmare
Quasit
Shadow
Spectre
Thought eater
Titan
Water weird
Wight
Will-o-(the)-wisp
Wind walker
Wraith
>>
File: 1489721113390.png (584KB, 1168x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489721113390.png
584KB, 1168x1000px
>>54064073
++Special Creatures++ (each one will get its own d10 table or share a table with another similar monster)
Anhkheg
Basilisk
Beholder
Black pudding
Blink Dog
Brain Mole
Bulette
Carrion Crawler
Catoblepas
Cerebral parasite
Chimera
Cockatrice
Couatl
Displacer beast
Doppleganger
Dragon
Dragonne
Dragon turtle
Dryad
Ear seeker
Eye, floating
Eye of the deep
Fungi, violet
Gargoyle
Gas spore
Gelatinous cube
Ghoul
Golem
Gorgon
Gray ooze
Green slime
Griffon
Hippocampus
Hippogriff
Homunculus
Hydra
Intellect devourer
Ki-rin
Lammasu
Leucrotta
Lich
Lurker above
Manticore
Masher
Medusa
Mimic
Mind flayer
Minotaur
Mold
Morkoth
Mummy
Neo-otyugh
Night hag
Ochre jelly
Otyugh
Owlbear
Pegasus
Peryton
Piercer
Pseudo-dragon
Purple worm
Rakshasa
Remorhaz
Roper
Rot grub
Rust monster
Salamander
Sea hag
Shambling mound
Shedu
Shrieker
Skeleton
Slithering tracker
Sphinx
Stirge
Strangle weed
Su-monster
Trapper
Treant
Troll
Umber hulk
Unicorn
Vampire
Wyvern
Xorn

Complaints about classification welcome. Complaints about post length will be sheepishly ignored.
>>
>>54063787
>I'm still around!
Hey, cool! I asked in a recent thread, but nobody knew: did you ever finish any supplementary stuff for Wolfpacks?
>>
>>54064086
Dryads don't count as people?
>>
>>54064140
They probably do but the effects of eating one seem waaaaay more fun to tabulate. Plus, they're mostly made of magic. A satyr is still mostly made of meat.
>>
>>54064064
I think Portuguese men-o'-war are incredibly poisonous, aren't they?

It seems like scorpions and spiders and shit like that would require a roll as well to determine if you get the venom out.

>>54064073
For most of the "Cant Eat This" category, I'd prefer if it were altered so you have to do something wacky and/or arcane to snag it to cook, like when they catch the water elemental in Dungeon Meshi. Also, why is the Elf on there?

Some examples would be using a Brazen Bottle to capture the stuff of an ifrit after beating it, so that you can use it as a spice. (Maybe it becomes a cinnamony dust or some shit?) For demons and devils, if you actually venture into Hell (or the Abyss, Gehenna or whatever) their real forms are established to live and be killable there, right? So you could get their meat that way.

Thought eaters seem like they'd be killable but gross and I don't know why there would be a problem with eating a titan beyond it being basically a guy, and also massive.

>>54064086
I imagine you have to prepare troll /really carefully/ to avoid having a horrific chestburster experience. Also, wouldn't a golem be really hard to eat? Maybe not a flesh golem, I guess. It does occur to me that the undead ought to be a category of their own, though, the "inedible because already rotten" file.
>>
File: 1399599387510.jpg (394KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1399599387510.jpg
394KB, 960x640px
>>54064175
>I think Portuguese men-o'-war are incredibly poisonous, aren't they?

The description will go something like "Portuguese Man-o'-War: squishy. Instant, horribly painful death".

Not all flavours are tasty flavours.

>why is the Elf on there
Copy/paste error

>Some examples would be using a Brazen Bottle to capture the stuff of an ifrit after beating it, so that you can use it as a spice
I think that's a really neat idea, but given the workload I've got, I might just need to lump them all under "another day." Writing rules for that esoteric side case (PCs actively want to trap, kill, and... season? incorporeal creatures) seems not so useful right now.

>eating a titan beyond it being basically a guy, and also massive.
Aren't they from Somewhere Else? It'd be like eating an angel - they just poof back to Somewhere Else, right?

>I imagine you have to prepare troll /really carefully/ to avoid having a horrific chestburster experience
Hey, no peeking at my tables.

>Also, wouldn't a golem be really hard to eat?
Correct, but if you make a horrible soup out of the clay and a scroll, you might become a savant. Or obey every command you are given. Or literally shit bricks.

> the "inedible because already rotten" file.
Oh you sweet summer child: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummia
>>
>>54064113
no, my laptop died and then my asshole housemate let her pet rats eat the backup usb stick. I shit you not.
I'm re-doing it from memory, but it's slow.
>>
>>54064289
>my asshole housemate let her pet rats eat the backup usb stick
aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

That's the kind of shit I have nightmares about, in the literal sense that I'll dream that shit and wake up in the grip of horror.

>>54064217
>Mummia
I actually considered mentioning mummies but felt like it would be too pedantic to start going into all the edge cases immediately after making the basic point, "oh and ghosts are probably just ectoplasm, you could probably use that as aspic, and..."
>>
>>54062583
>>54062678

Make him fight like a Spy/Sniper from TF2? Sounds perfect.
>>
>>54062678
Everything you say is true, but at the same time it's almost impossible to work around. D&D *is* designed to do particular things and do them well, it's not contextless.

If anythign I'd go whole hog with it: the Thief is the class whose whole schtick is to hook into the expected exploration modes. Scouting in dungeons *and* in the wilderness, traps in both, ambushes in both etcetera.
>>
>>54064217
>Also, wouldn't a golem be really hard to eat
STONE TO FLESH EXISTS FOR A REASON
>>
>>54064217
>Writing rules for that esoteric side case (PCs actively want to trap, kill, and... season? incorporeal creatures) seems not so useful right now.
>here are my draft rules for eating a clay golem
???
>>
>>54063091
Fantastic Heroes & Witchery has 666 spells, that might be worth taking a peek at
>>
>>54029732
I wish there was a Zizek vs. Peterson debate.
>>
>instead of fighters getting bonus attacks for killing enemies, they get to make a bonus attack if their d20 attack roll + attack roll bonus is over 20
>maximum number of bonus attacks equal to level

What do you think about this?
>>
>>54065804
How fast does the attack roll bonus scale?

It's a cute ability, but it scales quadratically, since the higher the chance for a new roll, the higher the chance for a new roll off of that new roll, etc.
>>
>>54060005
>Magic users contribute to fights
Not at all necessarily.
>>
>>54063091
Have you heard of our lords and saviours, the Priest's and Wizard's Spell Compendiums? This handy seven-volume (that's 7 whole books) set contains almost every spell every released for AD&D (and I believe AD&D-converted versions of BD&D spells, too), even ones from magazines like Dragon and Polyhedron.

If you're after something more physical, feel free to browse our four-volume collection of magical items for the AD&D system, the Encyclopedia Magica.

EM does not contain items released after 1994, WSC does not contain spells released after 1996, and PSC does not contain spells released after 1999. Volumes may not be legal on all planes, consult your archmage before usage.
>>
Did City-State of the World Emperor end up in the Trove? I pulled the JG folder a while ago and didn't see it.
>>
Why are alteration spells so common in OSR when compared to everything else? How the hell could spells like Dimension Door or Teleport be alteration?
>>
How do I get a hold of Troveguy or whoever to either remove or replace one of my homebrews in the trove?

The version of Ruinations in the LotFP homebrews section is old. Really, really old. Same with the character sheet. Can you replace it with these here, please? Or if not, then remove that old version entirely.

Core (v2.5):
>https://www.docdroid.net/FrxCKOl/ruinations.pdf.html

Character Sheet:
>https://www.docdroid.net/6zjkFLM/ruinations-cs.pdf.html
>>
>>54067269

I don't really think spell categories should or do matter in OSR. Spells should be more about their effects.
>>
Do you have druids in your game? How you use them, are they a PC class?
>>
>>54067868
I've been debating this very question recently. I want to include druids in my game, but not as just another magic-user. Still trying to decide how to give them useful, varied, interesting abilities without making them outright spellcasters.
>>
File: manuel-castanon-chartreuse2.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manuel-castanon-chartreuse2.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>54064400
>>54064445
I'm trying to think of stuff that players would be stupid enough to do.

Players /might/ be stupid enough to rig up a system to catch and eat ghosts, but that'd give me time to write rules.

Players /will/ be stupid enough to eat a thing made out of clay, paper, or stone.
>>
>>54067961
>>54067868
Rituals and shapeshifting?

Shapeshifting alone is a ridiculously versatile ability, more than enough to carry an entire class.
>>
Is the 10 feet the "default" corridor width in OSR? And it allow two humans to fight alongside each other without problems?
>>
>>54067961
>but not as just another magic-user
>>54067961
>Rituals and shapeshifting

I agree that shapeshifting should be the focus for druids as a PC class, and I i like the idea of rituals too, as I think druids should have I way to cast spells, but not not in the traditonal way.

But how do you flavor your druids? Tree lovers are so boring imo
>>
>>54068040
It allows 4 humans to fight alongside each other if they fold in tightly.

Realistically, in a 10 foot corridor you should be able to get 8 people attacking, especially if the front rank is kneeling down.
>>
>>54068216
A conduit for primal spirits, in the form of animals.

Also, celebrating life by building a big pile out of it, then burning it, annually.
>>
>>54068216
How about as clerics who apostatize?

http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2011/01/druids-of-dwimmermount-part-i.html
http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2011/01/druids-of-dwimmermount-part-ii.html
>>
In the last session, my party dealt with a bunch of ghouls. But the map I used for this little adventure had a few more areas yet unused, and I'm only going to have half the party for the next session, so I figured I'd have them explore there.

What could this second half contain? Bonus points if it involves elves somehow, since the PCs I've got are both elves and I'd need an in-universe reason why the rest of the party can't contribute.
>>
>>54068496
Well, elves are immune to ghoul paralysis, right? Maybe the horrible secret is that ghouls are distorted elves and the PCs have to go in and remove the evidence that the dungeon was an elf tomb before any humans find it.

Or maybe their immunity is just a good opportunity to make a venture with lower risk than you'd expect.
>>
>>54067329
-4 Cha for Meth is stupid. Hitler would have lost all his backing if that was realistic at all.
I'd say a period of uneasiness after usage with a -2 on rolls or something.

The change in Medicine is good. Didn't like the former rule.

Good that you brought Wis back in.

I'm undecided with the mutations. It can throw in a lot of problems for a DM, when the player gets really lucky.
>>
>>54064016
If someone gets pissed off at the counterarchpriest, can they appoint an anticounterarchpriest, like an antipope, and try to take over the mantle of the true counterchurch?
>>
>>54064175
>Also, why is the Elf on there?
They're on the wrong list, but they're still not people.
>>
I'm thinking of an OSR game set in Atlantis after its height. The empire has collapsed, the land is slowly sinking beneath the waves, divided into several large islands now. The problem is that OSR characters are still generally too squishy for that sword-and-sorcery vibe.

How can I both make the game deadly and make the PCs into badasses?
>>
>>54064064
Move Roc to special.
Maybe move giant Snake (or at least make it medicinal).
>>54064073
What if you eat them alive? Or tie their bodies down with magic?
>>
>>54069704
Start them on level 5. Atlantis times were in the mythical past, during those days you were probably born on level 3 and chopped your way out with a bronze sword.
>>
>>54069721
Level 3-5, and a better stat-rolling method, and throw in a minor magic item as a starting toy. Sword, shield, couple of scrolls and a wand or two for the m-us, since a wand was the basic standard toy for a first-level m-u joining a higher-level party.
>>
>>54069756
Note that I say this as a die-hard LBB-only obsessive.
>>
File: greenteaneko.jpg (316KB, 1280x1136px) Image search: [Google]
greenteaneko.jpg
316KB, 1280x1136px
>>54064073
Move Harpy, Ixitxachitl, Nixie, Pixie, Sahuagin, Sprite, and maybe Kobold and Slyph somewhere else.
>>
>>54069721
>>54069756
How about this:

>NPCs are all level one fighters by default
>characters roll 5d4k4 for stats and all get max HP for level 1
>PCs start out at level 2 and get to roll an extra d4 for one physical and one mental stat, to a maximum of 20
>they get one minor magic item
>if a thief or something has lower HP than the average person at this point, all the more flavorful since it means they learned their skills to compensate for being physically weaker than most
>no divine casters except evil cultists
>no arcane casters except evil sorcerers and rare good wizards
>all people have latent psychic ability and psionics are trained in special schools
>>
File: greenteaneko.jpg (287KB, 1600x1431px) Image search: [Google]
greenteaneko.jpg
287KB, 1600x1431px
>>54064445
I dunno man. Latest chapter of Dungeon Meshi had Laius eat a wall.

>>54067868
Vaguely Arnold K. druids. Not a PC class, but I wouldn't stop a PC from running one if they convinced me.
Low Druids rise or fall to level 3 when they start running on instinct. High Druids aren't classy.
Beyond that, they'll got a short list of non-combat powers that mostly involve rabies or shrooms.

They also won't stockpile food and have a very real risk of starving.
You don't tend to find Druids near the coast. Eating fish cures the Druidism.

>>54068611
Or maybe the Elves have a small town in the tomb.
They were using the ghouls to keep apes at bay.
>>
>>54069929
NPCs should be Normal Men by default, and it also seems like there should be some Clerics of Poseidon or some shit.

But in general it seems like it could work. I'm not anon who asked for help though.
>>
>>54069788
>>54070020
>both jokes are the same joke
How many of this exact strip has this guy drawn?
>>
File: 034d5f3258b9130999daf2aaa32b78b7.jpg (410KB, 677x2490px) Image search: [Google]
034d5f3258b9130999daf2aaa32b78b7.jpg
410KB, 677x2490px
>>54070202
That's a good question. For harpies specifically, just the two?
Come to think of it, those are probably straight up birds. Not harpies.
>>
>>54070589
>>
Does anyone have that OSR version of Warhammer Fantasy? It was fairly complete and I think it was on a blog with a black background.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.