[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Deck-building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1382313044415.jpg (62KB, 826x862px) Image search: [Google]
1382313044415.jpg
62KB, 826x862px
Am I the only MTG player who has more decks than they know what to do with? I have 16 decks, and 2 more in progress, and endless more ideas to start. Deck-building is the most fun part of the game for me. Especially since I no longer have friends to play with.
Am I the only one who has this problem? Do I need to stop and reevaluate my life?

pic mostly unrelated
>>
>>54020668
I don't have this problem, but a friend of mine does. 27 decks and counting. Most of them are garbage and he only plays about 5 of them.

Deck building can be fun, lots of people like doing it (myself included). But, at some point you have to step back and ask yourself a few things.

>Am I going to play this deck more than three times?
>How much money am I spending on this deck? Does the amount of money correlate to how much fun I'm going to have?
>Will this deck be decent to play, or will it just be terrible and unfun?

Once you can comfortably and honestly answer these questions, look at those answers. If you're still comfortable building the deck, then go for it. Although, I suggest using a deck building app or website and really take a hard look at the deck, Goldfish some hands, then make a decision.
>>
>>54020810
I think I play about 10 of my decks frequently enough (or at least I used to). But damn. 27 is crazy.

Thanks for the solid advice. That simplifies things.
>>
File: dack_SA.jpg.png (1MB, 816x1110px) Image search: [Google]
dack_SA.jpg.png
1MB, 816x1110px
I mainly just net-deck and play decks that seem interesting to me. I've played the following:

Vintage: Bomber Oath, Dredge, Landstill, Remora Control
Legacy: ANT, Burn, Belcher, Dredge (LED & Manaless)
Modern: Ad Nauseam, Burn, Dredge, Grixis Shadow, Esper Shadow, Esper Control

Just finished putting together Modern Storm & BreachTitan. I love unfair decks.

Although when it comes to brewing, a friend of mine brewed up a vintage deck, so I tried to brew my own. Looked at the Stasis primer, and from there tried making a stasis gifts amalgamation. It was a janky mess that won one out of probably 16 or so games. So I'm definitely not the brewing type, but love playing. For a brewer, if you can afford to continue doing what you're doing, then no harm. If you don't play paper anymore, I highly suggest you do it on MTGO, as the spread for buying/selling is extremely low, so as long as you get a few games in with each deck, it should be worth your time.

Also, cube is my most favorite format, so maybe that's my inkling of 'deck building' is using draft resources, not so much constructed.

Pic of my favorite planeswalker.
>>
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night because I want to make something happen or play certain colors, and after 2 hours of gathering cards from my collection I realize that it won't work and I put everything away

I used to do this a lot more when I first started to play, but now that I actually have one deck that I'm working towards the urge to make jank has passed.

But some of those fever dream decks live on and I have like 7-8 of them that can put up a fight and that I give to others when they need/want to play
>>
>>54020668

Simple; design your decks on websites and share around your ideas on forums instead of keeping it to yourself. Try to focus on building only one physical deck at a time and aim to playtest it and revise it multiple times before you even consider moving on to another deck.

If you're struggling to find people to play against in person, just play MTGO. If you steer clear of trendy cards that will deteriorate in value, it is entirely possibly to brew and play multiple decks with the assurance that you can sell all the cards you bought to an online seller for the same price you got them for.

God Speed Brewer-Anon.
>>
Making new meme decks is the funnest part. I have 8 casual decks.
-Enigma Drake Control
-Wurm Ramp
-Landfall
-Hedron Crab Landfall
-Minotaur Tribal
-GB -1/-1 counters
-Lightning Storm OTK
-Crab Tribal
>>
File: never.jpg (15KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
never.jpg
15KB, 229x200px
>>54023275
I know this feel

Recently tried to put together a turbofog with a pair of Approach of the Second Sun, got to 60 cards and shelvedit

Actually my biggest issue is goldfishing control or reactive decks, which is awkward and boring. Compared to goldfishing aggro, tempo, or combo. I have shoeboxes full of cards, and sometimes enjoy digging for obscure cardsI know I own, only to get distracted by the possibilities. Eventually I have a few piles, think how much better other meta decks would be compared to my shitbrew, and get disappointed. Especially if I don't have a playset of something that would fit perfectly, since I don't really want to buy any more cards.

Brewing is hard, and next thing you know, you've spent a couple hours and are surrounded by piles and have made no real progress but a few land-less half-decks you'll probably tear apart.
>>
>>54028402
>Brewing is hard, and next thing you know, you've spent a couple hours and are surrounded by piles and have made no real progress but a few land-less half-decks you'll probably tear apart.

Right in the deck building feels
>>
File: yioz6ly.jpg (277KB, 1126x823px) Image search: [Google]
yioz6ly.jpg
277KB, 1126x823px
>>54020668
I do!
Deck-building is definitely one of the most fun part of the game for me. I mostly play kitchen table (though I sometimes go to draft FNM) and most of my friends too.

I spend hours on tappedout building decks (built 49 so far) and I buy some of them occasionally. Price range varies from 20 bucks to 150. Usually 20-60.

I have 10 decks I use on a regular basis with my friends, so I don't relate to >>54020810

Funny part is that I used to buy a lot of boosters in my first year of MTG, so I got a lot of cards, but I didn't build more than 3-5 decks with these cards. One of my friends make decks with every cards he own, so he got 40ish decks, though most of them are garbage, and he can't understand why I don't make decks with all my cards.

Decks I build are often tribal cause I love to play flavorful decks rather than unbeatable ones.

My favorite decks are Big creatures and mana ramp mono green, Esper Sphinx Tribal, Boros Soldier Tribal and Golgari Gorgon Tribal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.