[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evil games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1439719231401.jpg (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1439719231401.jpg
3MB, 1920x1200px
All of us at a certain point said "it would be cool if we play an evil campaign. Finally we can murderhobo IC and rape and pillage and conquer to our heart content."

And at the end it all turned in a horrible mess.

So what system would you use for an evil campaign? And don't say hurr-durr use the original system. Evil campaigns require mass battles, minion management and village terror mechanics.
Is possible to play it well? Have you ever played one and enjoyed it?
>>
>>54019957
>Evil campaigns require mass battles, minion management and village terror mechanics.
[citation needed]

To be honest m8 your kind of evil campaign seems indulgently evil for the sake of being evil, which hasn't been my experience in the two evil-centric (we still had at least one neutral player) I've been a part of.

I think your three points as identified can easily come into play in a non-evil campaign too, depending on the focus. It's much more about the style of the game than the evilness of it.
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>54019957

GURPS is best
>>
I have been playing RPGs for 15 years and I've never played a single evil campaign. I've never even been allowed to play an evil character.
>>
>>54020020
and you never wanted to?
>>
Our group played in an evil pirate game a couple years back. It was pretty much evil in name only except for us creating a thunderdome-esqu gladiator match with a ships crew that we captured.
>>
I had some success running it in a combo IKRPG/Warmachine campaign (I know, ded game and all that meme bullshit). Players have to balance raking in the income through less than legal acts, making thralls, and not getting caught by an Inquisitor. We use Warmachine for conducting games where they Track a village, usually with one or two squads from the matching faction. That's why I'm so goddamn excited for Company of Iron - proper rules for Skirmish gameplay.
>>
>>54019957

If I ever do an evil campaign again, my top choice would be Black Crusade. It's not something I'd ever run for my main group, but I ran it awhile back for the munchkin murder-hobos in my little sister's other group. I figured it would be the perfect game for them and they would be the perfect players for it.

Well, we all had a good time; but damn if their usual murder-hoboing didn't go right out the window. They got along well with each other, stayed focused and on-mission, and never really did anything evil. Don't know what happened; but like I said, we did have a good time.
>>
>>54019957
My favorite campaign I've ever played in was a combination of an evil campaign and a "we can't think of anything, so lets just insert our characters into a book we like and see where it goes" style of self indulgent trash.

We played as three Menzoberranzan Drow on quest to do as all Drow do and ruin everything for everyone. We also happened to be age/schoolmates of this little purple-eyed shit named Drizz't.
We played that game all the way to 20th level, where by the end we started moving into other Forgotten Realms plot nonsense, exploded paladin-kings, lit deserts on fire, animated undead by stringing them up with ropes, gotten our limbs chopped off, and driven poor young Drizz't absolutely fucking nuts.

It was great.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.