[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post a cliche trope for gaming, then defy it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hESYogU.jpg (44KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
hESYogU.jpg
44KB, 600x480px
For example:
>AI starts nuclear war, sends a robot infiltrator back in time to kill the leader of the Resistance before he is full-grown
>AI, having later developed a conscience, sends another one to destroy the first infiltrator and hopefully prevent the nuclear war in the first place
>>
>there is an ancient and powerful evil sealed somewhere, and someone is trying to free it for selfish or stupid reasons
>once freed it doesn't actually do anything, having grown remorseful long ago
>>
>>54017016
Or better yet

>ancient and powerful evil is introduced to internet
>spends the rest of it's existence as a neet wizard shitposting and cursing anyone who posts anything bad about his waifu
>>
>>54016985
>villain thinks he's got the hero right where he wants him
>goes on a monologue
>hero strikes while villain is distracted
>the villain cornering the hero was an illusion; the real one comes out and strikes back while the hero is open
>>
>>54016985
>the princess is the vessel for a great evil
>eventually, the great evil willingly relinquishes its grip on the Princess

>a powerful hero is prophesied to be the end of a nation
>he unites this nation with the Empire, creating a new dynasty entirely
>>
>>54017016
The heroes seal away the great and powerful evil, it lay dormant for millenia waiting for the seal to be unbroken so it can again wreak havoc over the world
>When the ancient evil awakens it is by a group of desperate survivors living in a harsh and unforgiving future hoping that the monster of legend is more powerful than the even worse evil that now controls the world
>The ancient evil is now the protagonist and woefully out of it's element
>>
>>54016985
>The story is driven by a prophecy
>Which is entirely made up
>The villain even goes out of its way to mock the heroes for believing in nanny tales

>The heroes enter the evil tyrant's palace expecting traps, skull decotations and monsters
>It's actually a regular palace, even tasteful
>They reach the tyrant's rooms and expect an epic fight
>He's just a regular middle-aged man with no special powers or martial skills

>The party expects a dungeon filled with puzzles and riddles
>The dungeon is buried deep underground, its entrances are sealed shut, and the traps are designed to kill whoever enters, not to test how smart they are
>>
>>54020131
>>The story is driven by a prophecy
>>Which is entirely made up
>>The villain even goes out of its way to mock the heroes for believing in nanny tales
Dark souls?
>>
>>54016985
>the protagonists have a rival hero who acts super snobby and douche-baggy to them
>the rival never gets any better and continues to belittle and mock them because they're just a plain petty person
>>
>>54017055
This would explain /r9k/
>>
>In accordance with prophecy, an ancient evil has awoken
>being residents oh a magical world, the people in charge took the prophesy deadly seriously and parked an internationally supported crusader army outside the ancient evil's tomb the month before
>>
>>54020008
I'd play it
>>
>>54020633
But what system would you use?
>>
>>54020741
d&d 3.5
>>
File: 7e7.jpg (62KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
7e7.jpg
62KB, 600x516px
>>54020790
>>
>>54020008
This kind of makes me think of Crono Trigger. I like the idea.
>>
>>54019599
*teleports right behind you* Nothin personnel... Kid.
>>
>>54020131
>>The heroes enter the evil tyrant's palace expecting traps, skull decotations and monsters
>>It's actually a regular palace, even tasteful
>>They reach the tyrant's rooms and expect an epic fight
>>He's just a regular middle-aged man with no special powers or martial skills

>What, did you expect me to put up a fight? I'm a king! You don't rule for fifty years by sticking your neck out!
>I have bodyguards for that. Speaking of which, sir Black, dispatch the intruders!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.