[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ghosted character while missing sessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: psyop.gif (4KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
psyop.gif
4KB, 320x320px
The party killed my character while I was on vacation...

My group started up a Dragon Age campaign with a first time GM. First session is cruddy, teleporting combat to combat on a railroad. My dwarf rogue leaves the railroad to steal lyrium and start a drug cartel. The rest of the party thinks this is great and follows. The session ends with my character about to enter negotiations with a drug lord to set up our supply chain.

Then I go on a vaction for nine days. I told the GM that a buddy could roleplay my character during negotiations for less narrative awkwardness. I just found out that in the two sessions I missed, my character became a noble lord and the party "had to kill him to ensure the loyalty of an NPC".

What the fuck do I do /tg/?

Also, any crazy stories of your character getting into dumb situations when you missed a session?
>>
>>54009796
No, but I actually like my players.

Their PCs are basically in stasis when they miss. I balance this out by only rewarding experience to those that show up.
>>
>>54009796
>What the fuck do I do /tg/?
Kill them all, OP.
>>
>>54009796
Roll with it mate it's a first time GM and you did miss two sessions in a row.
>>
Thats bs. Have the DM undo that. Having someone rp for you if you miss, and have let the group know in advance is good helps w the immersion of the experience. But letting something serious like character death happen is bs.

I like >>54009877 idea. Characters in stasis.

Ps sorry for bad flow of post posting from phone
>>
>>54009796
>miss 2/3 sessions
reroll and thank them for welcoming you back
>>
>>54009877
If you're using D&D or something similar, it's better to change the xp calculation, while still keeping everyone on the same xp count:
>encounter reward/present players

I don't really see how punishing players for circumstances that may be out of their control and unbalancing the group would enhance the campaign?
>>
Just roll up a new character, chuck a hissy fit like an entitled child, or find a group that is explicit about what everyone expects to happen when people have real life interrupt their ability to play.

I would laugh if I rocked up to a session and my character died while I was gone the last few sessions, and have fun making a new one.
>>
>>54009796
missing players have a autopilot default that i go with. The Warlock is too drunk to care, the arcanist is having a psychotic break, cleric is focused on divine messages, ranger is tripping out of his gourd on psychedelic fruits, or the sorcerer is busy getting plowed by anyone she can find.

I play it like darkest dungeon, they are releasing stress. If last session has them somewhere where they cannot totally escape, I have them hang around until they can. If there is combat, I have them fight, but they cannot die unless everyone else goes down. The only time I broke that rule was when I took a break and called the player to fill him in, and informed him that death was a possibility for an action the party was taking. He said go for it, though i never had to actually kill him.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.