[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8th-ed Meta - 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 30

File: fuckthisshit.png (108KB, 171x292px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.png
108KB, 171x292px
Predictions or observations on whats strong so far and general opinions. Currently sitting at 3-0 with my chaos.
>>
File: beak.jpg (93KB, 464x599px) Image search: [Google]
beak.jpg
93KB, 464x599px
>>54003247
Inquisition acolytes.

>Cost 10 ppm with stormbolters.
>Cost 21 ppm with plasma.
>Reroll hits and wounds.
>Can ride in any Imperium transport

Put them in a pod, or any valkyrie, and you can drop them in and kill pretty much anything.

24 shots of S8, AP -3, D2 can kill pretty much anything. Does a mean damage of 18 wounds to something T8 with a 5+ effective save.

With good rolls 250 points of acolytes can kill a knight in one turn of shooting. With bad rolls they'll heavily cripple it.
>>
>>54003612
Not to mention, they are 3 wounds each
>>
>>54003658
Wow I didn't even notice that. What the fuck.
>>
>>54003247
I am predicting that most LGS's will quickly have a rule "Imperial" is not sufficient a "faction" keyword to define a detatchment. Enough to define an army, yes, but not a detatchment.This will have to come with some house rules for Custodes and Assassins, so they can be used in any detatchments at all, but that's not a difficult house-rule to make.
>>
>>54003658
>>54003689
OMG, I also didn't notice that. Inquisitorial vanguard detatchments just got scary as FUCK... I mean not quite conscript-horde-scary, but still damn scary.
>>
>>54003689
>>54003762
Relax, I'm almost certain it's a typo and will get FAQd. But enjoy it while you still can
>>
>>54003762
Why not both? Acolytes are cheap as shit, and you'll probably take them alongside IG for chimeras and valkyries anyways.

The Acolytes blast the shit out of hard targets, while the conscripts form an unbreakable mass to sit on objectives.
>>
File: IQ_McBlastem_1850.png (85KB, 682x1413px) Image search: [Google]
IQ_McBlastem_1850.png
85KB, 682x1413px
Thoughts?
>>
File: Lychguard high contrast.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Lychguard high contrast.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
My Necrons are 6/2/1.

4 games at 500 points for escalation league.
>Won versus Space Marines
>Won versus Tyranids
>Won versus Tau
>Tied versus Harlequins

Played a 1k game against Necrons and lost

Played a 2k versus IG with a knight and won

Won a 4 player FFA versus Blood Angels, IG Praetorian Guard (Lovely models) and Chaos (Nurgle marines) at 1k points each

Won 1k points game versus Eldar.

Lost 1k game versus Mechanized IG

>Lychguard in low point games are a destructive force to be reckoned with.

>Baiting charges with Annihilation barge is hilarious because of tesla special rule.

>Warriors are as good as ever if not better, especially with an ark and a Triarch Stalker

>Praetorians assfuck terminators and light tanks

>CCB is middling quality since you cant dismount the overlord now.

>Monolith is really strong in general and has the NOM NOM gate

>Wraiths are decent, can still shoot particle caster in melee but whip coils is mediocre now.

>Zendrehk Obyron combo is extremely good for surprise warrior blob teleportation.

>Trayzn is nigh invincible

>Immortals are meh, I dont bring them because I can just bring more warriors or upgrades for HQ.

>Doom Scythe is death for anything that raise its ire

>Obelisk still fucks Eldar jetbike armies and Space Marine armies heavy on jump infantry.

>Nightbringer is A tremendously good beatstick.
>>
>>54004115
>silver and green
You're putting me to sleep man.
>>
>>54004115
You are going to start having problems as you approach 2000 points. But yeah, Necrons are okay these days.
>>
>>54004115
That gold needs a few more coats, and do base the poor sods.
>>
>>54003247
Is it possible to run Heretic Astartes without cultists and be competitive? I tried using just marines for my troops and they don't out-shoot Tau nor do they survive to get into CC.
>>
>>54004483
>Insults my dudes
>Doesnt post his dudes

>>54004825
Soon. Im doing the second gold coat once I finish base coating all my primed warriors. And I am trying to find a way to make the bases look like they are walking on the ground inside the Tomb Complex.
>>
>>54003612
Acolytes and Crusaders / death cult assassins / arcos supported by heavy weapon squads or artillery.
>>
>>54003247
Non space marine imperial stuff is really strong this edition because of how cheap and points effective it all is. They've got all ranges covered. Long range with guard, close combat with Bullgryn and ministorum units, mobility with Valkyries and scions, cheap as hell bodies like acolytes and Conscripts and cheap access to psychic powers.
>>
>>54005922
Are you putting them in rhinos to get there? Cultists are terrible but cheap which is why people use them so they can cover mandatory troop expenses and leave more points for other things.
>>
>>54008063
>mandatory troop expenses
or you could just use a different detatchment type....

did you read the rulebook yet?
>>
>>54003612
>10 Plasma Acolytes: 210
>Drop Pod: 105
>315 for 20 Plasma Shots

>10 Vanguard Veterans w/ Jump Packs & 2 Plasma Pistols each: 320
>320 for 20 plasma shots

for five more points, you can improve the BS by 1 and get the same effect.

It's actually kind of rediculous that vangaurd veterans can dual wield whatever special pistols they want with no restrictions on number-per-unit.
>>
>>54003725
do armies have to be defined by a faction? i couldn't find anywhere that said anything more than a detachment has to share a faction.
>>
>>54003247

No one is sure if tau is good/mediocre/bad
Conscripts may or may not be a meme
Necrons are regretting their new meta position or will be because people whine about necrons now
>>
>>54003612
256 for the same thing in Scion command squads, except you get native deepstrike and guard orders (reroll to hit).

Ironically, I suppose W3 5+ Acolytes are more durable than W1 4+ stormies.
>>
>>54011008
I think it's cool. Now we can have John Woo Marines.
>>
File: ax10.png (1MB, 1363x1013px) Image search: [Google]
ax10.png
1MB, 1363x1013px
>>54011110
this sums up 8th edition on tg pretty well for now, aside from the wu-tang clan meme that was going around.
the only current meme is this useless piece of shit from FW which can't fire it's main weapons
>>
File: Implication but no proof.jpg (24KB, 243x233px) Image search: [Google]
Implication but no proof.jpg
24KB, 243x233px
>>54011067
Hmm, I can't find anything specific, but the passage in the GSC section of Xenos2 strongly implies it, and IDK about your local groups, but where I play, we play RAOI rather than RAW
>>
Knight lancer yes or no? It looks fucking stronk.
>>
>>54011110
There's a guy here with 200+ conscripts and he's been positively giddy since 8e came out. Have played against. Maximum size conscript mobs with commissar are scary (200 lasgun shots is a whole lot of diddly), but if you snipe the commissar they melt in the morale phase. They're very hard to get rid of otherwise she to sheer fucking numbers and only ever losing one in the morale phase if there's a commissar within 6.
>>
>>54003247
>not posting current 40k players
>>
>>54005922
Steel rehn and surprise terminators is how you get there, similarly to how loyalmarines work. You can also swap cultists for poxwalkers or plug demons if you want meatshields. Both options work.
>>
Anyone look through the FW knight rules? I've been eyeing a chinacast Castigator for a while and that Heavy 14 looks decent for chopping through 10 man squads.
>>
>>54011155
Can confirm, even 2 squads of 10man Scions with 4 super-charged plasma guns can melt things with ridiculous ease, but massed command teams work a little better and spread the targets around. Tempestus Scions as an army actually got better now that deep strikes and orders are always successful.

Though, seeing how the index is setup Tempestus Militarum as a codex might just be slotted back into the regular guard codex.
>>
>>54004115
>Nightbringer is A tremendously good beatstick.

All C'tan got a large boost with the new character rules.

It's fun hiding them in scarabs and watching them fruitlessly try to shoot him
>>
>>54011216
yea i'm not trying to bend rules or anything for cheese. it'd be kinda cool to see eldar bring another army since they goad unwitting armies into fighting battles for them and the like.
>>
>>54011488
You need to share one faction keyword, so alas, All The Elves is about as good as it gets for now. On the other hand, with how fluff is progressing, there may be combined elf/imperial options for duping the humies.
>>
>>54010685
What he means is so you can take detachments like the battalion to get those +3 cp cheaply, maybe double it. If you can take 6 really cheap troops and 4 hq, that's a total of 9cp in a game, which is good, and room to take whatever the hell else you want
>>
>>54011155

Reecius from Frontline Gaming has all but stated that Scion Command Squads are getting heavily nerfed in GWs balance-patch.
>>
>>54011451
>Though, seeing how the index is setup Tempestus Militarum as a codex might just be slotted back into the regular guard codex.

Probably better that way, but I hope they change it so they aren't locked into one regiment. Means you can't field Kasrkin or Mordian/Praetorian Grenadiers and such.
>>
>>54011525
Really they aren't that bad. They're effective glass cannons, but they are JUST THAT--glass. Put any kind of volume of fire or AP -1 into them and they drop like flies.
>>
>>54011525
>some retarded blogger has all but stated his opinion
lol
>>
>>54011526
It really does, A few of the games I played I threw in some Ratlings and a Vindicare along with some Lacannon Sentinels and it went surprisingly well. Plasma/Volley guns may just end up being the base upgrades for scions now that both are just straight upgrades over the Hot-shot Lasgun. The melta works a little less well what with the whole 9" thing, but it still works out on hard targets.

I do want my custom orders back, sniper hot-shots in this addition would be hilarious.
>>
>>54004115
Digging the blue-green combo on the weapons.
>>
>>54011525

When is that balance patch coming, anything else broken?
>>
>>54011568
Plasma only being 7 points is the kicker, I think. Really it should be switched: 9 ppm plasma, 7 ppm volleyguns.
>>
>play spiky elves
>stomp on guard
>stomp on tau
>get my shit kicked in by slaanesh
>mandrakes kill two squads of tacmarines
>drazhar and the murderfuckers back on the stage and worth it

I like the new rules, but it feels like bizarrohammer. Nothing for my race works like it did for fifteen years.
>>
Orks player here

Am I fucked for this edition? Haven't played since 5th
>>
>>54011647
This edition unfucks you.
>>
>>54011647
all armies are good now and orks are no exception
>>
>>54003612
5+ saves aren't very good though.
>>
>>54011669
Is the old melta suicide drop with new frills. You deploy, you kill the thing, you die.
>>
>>54011680
I'm not that keen on sinking serious points into a one-shot unit.
>>
>>54011669
>>54011680
They've got 3 wounds each and Instant Death no longer exists. They might actually make it if you drop into cover.
>>
>>54011703
Then don't. You can get the same thing cheaper, or use the acolyte unit as an anchor instead. Is all good now.
They do have a solid combination of oomph and survivability with their 3 wounds, and you can chuck them into cover for 4+ saves, so they're not necessarily one-shot, and they will draw a fuckton of fire more than meltadrops.
>>
>>54011647
Infantry hordes are the flavor of the year (just like they were back before you could fit more than three templates into a list because oldschool FOC) and green tide is no exception to this rule. Hell, given the fact that the main means of destroying hordes is morale-losses, and boy-hordes get mob-rule, that's ALMOST conscripts with a commissar.
>>
>>54011554
>I have no idea who Reecius is

Hilarious. Tell me more about yourself brother. >>54011606
Dunno. He won't say what or how, I assume he's still under some kind of NDA
>>
>>54011806
>desperately defending some retarded blogger that nobody gives a fuck about
lol
>>
>>54011647
Orks are really good. No more templates is a god send.

It's essential to run mobs of 30 boyz and have a Weirdboy. Weirdboy can teleport the boyz within 9" of an enemy unit anywhere on the board and the 30 boyz give a +3 modifier to the weirdboy's psychic roll. Then, the boyz can charge at a unit getting to re-roll if failed from 'Ere we go. After they make their charge, the boyz each get 4 attacks because of Green Tide and Choppas. It's disgusting to do.
>>
>>54011866
And then you realize that you're never actually getting all of those models engaged
>>
>>54011908
If you can engage 15+ you're going to invite serious losses on anything anyway, and you have the numbers to do it again and again. Plus you do get to shoot pistols even if the unit is engaged.
>>
Can Tempestus even take orders? They don't have a <Regiment> keyword
>>
I'm 0-1 against Tau as Orks and have no fucking clue what to do. Someone please help. I've been fucking around in BattleScribe.

What I know doesn't work:

>Da Jump Weirdboy + 30 Sluggas

I wanted this to work really badly, but in a world where every T'au unit can overwatch for each other, deepstriking a single unit into their backline is useless.

>30 model footsloggers

I just walk into a firing range and lose all my models. Also since there's only two-three units, they can get fucked by For the Greater Good.
>>
>>54011908

It's not difficult to get 20 boys stuck in, 30 is only impossible because you will suffer casualties.
>>
>>54011937
lol your army idea fucking sucks
>>
>>54011971

180 boyz is only 1080pts...

You can bubble wrap them with grots or killa kanz if you really want.
>>
>>54011979
You're a retard and I'm not entirely sure you've played this game before.

Obviously you won't get all 30 engaged. That's why you bring 30. So casualties don't reduce their effectiveness.
>>
>>54011971
>0-1

Pretty tiny sample size
Try fast vehicles to soak up fire then follow up with dudez?
>>
>>54012028
Would it make sense to literally just throw 5 trukks at his line? Even if they're empty/just full of 12 boyz each?
>>
>>54003247

Everyone seems concerned with the hoard factions looking really scary now.
We solved that problem easily, no one plays unless its painted (3 colors minimum).
If you bring hundreds of Orks/Conscripts/you name it, to the table, your welcome as long as its all painted.

See this is what differs the "internet world" to the real world. Most of the time, no one in their right mind will actually go out and buy the shit that's on the army´o the month list. Just the same as the mathhammer experts who rarely, if ever, plays the actual game but still knowing "everything" about it. Compared to someone not sitting in moms basement, but instead is out there playing the actual game and knows what to take in to account during an actual match.
>>
>>54012033
Yes. They can charge to soak overwatch too. Alternatively, consider lobbas and burna bommers to soften the infantry positions up.
>>
>>54012053
Quite a few people use Vassal or TTS to play. Oh, and go fuck yourself with a ghostkeel.
>>
>>54005922
Blobs of demons are cheap but still murder things, also a CSM demon print e gives your Heretics AND your demons rerolls
>>
How's this list VS. Tau?

>HQ
Warboss, Attack Squig, PK, Kustom Shoota
Big Mek with Choppa, KFF

>TROOPS
29 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/BC
19 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/BC
11 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/BC
11 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/BC
11 Slugga Boyz, Nob w/BC

>ELITES
4 Nobz, 1 Boss Nob w/BC. Each has an Ammo Runt
3 Nobz on Bikes, 1 PK, 1 BC, 1 Choppa
Painboy

>HEAVY SUPPORT
Battlewagon w/Deff Rolla
Battlewagon w/Deff Rolla
10 Lootas w/Deffguns

>DED. TRANSPORTS
Trukk w/BS
Trukk w/BS
Trukk w/BS
Trukk w/BS
Trukk w/BS

Basically everything except the 30 boyz are in vehicles. Boss and Painboy ride in the 5th trukk, while Lootas and 20 Boyz ride in the Battlewagons.
>>
>>54012258
Forgot to say I might swap the Big Mek for a Weirdboy and zap the 30 boyz into their backline on the same turn the trukks all charge.
>>
>>54012288
Oh and shit, if I do that then add a Loota to the Loota wagon.
>>
>>54011067
All units must share at least one faction keyword.
>>
Autocannon or multilaser scout sentinals? I'm thinking multilaser.
>>
>>54011067
>do armies have to be defined by a faction?
In matched play yes. Narrative its just detatchment, so there you can still do the eldar allied with IG to kill chaos thing with multiple detatchments.
>>
>>54012258
Most of your stuff is a bike or in a box. That's a good thing against Tau, giving you ablative armour so the boyz make it. I would consider a biker painboy for the nobz, and maybe a biker warboss instead of the box for added versatility with your charges.
>>
>>54011668
Daemons are the exception
>>
>>54012713
Demons seem like they're supposed to be taken as reinforcements for heretic astartes, since all Chaos characters may summon them. On their own they are kind of shit, but I hope that this heralds making Chaos whole again.
>>
>>54011967
Tempestus is their regiment
>>
been going well with the space marines, gone 7/0 so far
>>
File: pilein.jpg (610KB, 1521x1140px) Image search: [Google]
pilein.jpg
610KB, 1521x1140px
Swarmlord nids are gonna be high-tier for his ability to let a unit move+advance then move+advance again instead of shooting
>>
>>54012511
multilaser is rubbish now, high strength bad ap low damage is the worst thing to be in 8th. Costs more than a HB and is effectively worse against almost everything in the game.

Go with AC or heavy flamer, depending on what you plan to use them for
>>
>>54012748

Yeah, I can definitely see that. The only way daemons are any good is if you have half your army as chaos marines, which kind of ruins wanting a daemon army. So at the moment, I'm shelving 4000 points of daemons as I'm not interested in marine/bad marine armies outside of HH. Fun times.
>>
>>54012831
>he doesn't know how to play 40k
>claims to have 4000 points of chaos demons
lol
>>
>>54012850

wot?
>>
>>54012831
Not necessarily. You can take cultists, poxwalkers, and machines from heretic astartes, maybe a sorcerer, and pile in the summoning rituals to pop huge mobs of demons right into charge range. Or mix. Play Chaos, rather than just demons or just badmarines. It's very easy to make a fluffy and effective list based on a cult taking some Imperial gear over and summoning friends.
>>
>>54011908

That's not the point of Boyz. They're decent enough in combat, though they'll struggle to bring down very tough stuff, and against dedicated CC units you'll be removing Boyz by the handful. That however is their secondary role. Their primary role is a buff unit. If you have a big unit of Boyz on the field, anything nearby that isn't a grot is straight up immune to Morale. That's amazing for units like Nobz, MANZ or even Koptas and Buggies, who can really suffer from models running on failed Morale.
>>
>>54012936

Thats what I mean though, pure daemon armies are dead at the moment, getting shot off the board before they can get into combat.

I did try a summoning list on the weekend, and I can see why people say summoning is dead, absolutely not worth it any more.
>>
>>54013008
In that case I agree. Summoning lists aren't dead as far as I can see (low sample because local flgs and some vassal shittery, played twice against that list and seen it a few times) , but they do require exceedingly clever positioning and lots of meatshields to deliver the demons, hence the cultist idea.
>>
>>54013046
Throw vassal into a trashbin where it belongs and start using Tabletop Simulator. Much more enjoyable.
>>
>>54013089
Alas, it's in the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>54013089
>tabletop simulator
>enjoyable
KEKKKKKK
>>
>>54013046

What I found with summoning, because of so many restrictions, you mas as well field them from the start as the models with lower movement like heralds wont get far enough up the board by turn 3 for it to matter that much and the fast units wont want to sit around not moving for a turn just to summon and then get fucked in your opponents turn
>>
File: pg214digitalrulebook(215inpdf).jpg (32KB, 475x232px) Image search: [Google]
pg214digitalrulebook(215inpdf).jpg
32KB, 475x232px
>>54011067
>>
>>54013109
YMMV. I've played ~50+ games with it and never had any real problems that would have affected my enjoyment of the game.
>>
>>54013114
You can if you stick some infantry into a transport with your summoner. You can derp strike the summoner. You can stick them on a bike or give them a jump pack. You can summon them to they summon demons, for no reason other than tasting the power of recursive satanism. There are options, especially if you consider terrain and objectives, instead of assuming a Tau gunline across a featureless plain.
>>
>>54013114
You can summon t1 with the new renegades characters, assuming the transport issue gets FAQ'd.

>stick 12 renegade characters in a valkyrie
>reserve the rest of your points as summons
>guarantee first turn, move anywhere on the map with Valk, disembark, summon with characters.

Alternatively, you can deep strike in termies, bubbling around a unit of termi sorcs to summon t2.
>>
hey /tg/ am I better off at 1500 points running

10xOccult Terminators w/hellfyre missiles with 3x10 man Rubric Marines w/soulreapers and two Exalted Sorcerors

3x10man Plague Marines with Plasma/Powerfist champions + 3 Terminator Armored HQ's + 2xBlightbringers

OR 3x10 man Bezerkers + Dark Apostle, 10XChaos Terminators + Duel Lightning Claws + Chaos Termi Lord w/claws + 7xWarp Talons?
>>
>>54011008
Marines need to take a captain with a jump pack to overcharge. Scions are the cheaper option, 64 points for 4 plasma command scions, 168 for 8 with a prime and they don't need transports.
>>
>>54012779
Nids are total balls due to their complete lack of ways to kill vehicles.
>>
>>54011621
Volley guns should be free. I can take 4 volley guns in my 10 man squad for 32 points extra and get 16 shots at +1 str or not take them and just use FRSF and get 16 shots at +1 bs after moving.
>>
>>54004735

What kind of problems? I'm starting up again since not playing since 5th and looking at either necrons or nids
>>
>>54013499
Swarmlord killed that knight fine
>>
>>54013499
Wot? They've got plenty
Hiveguard, most of the MCs
Stealers or Warriors with toxin sacs and rending.
>>
>>54003247
2-0 with tau so far, vs csm and orks
>usual stuff, but with minimal use of markerlights
>add a shaper, and lots of hounds and carnivores
>win
i like having mans in front of me to charge, kill guys, and have numbers to survive melee and fall back so i can shoot their mans
>>
Hi gang, I have some eldar I was collecting around 5E lying around in their boxes. How good is a mixed army without fliers or wraithlords/knights? IIRC I have the following:

Eldrad
Stock Farseer w. spear
7x warlocks (3x spears)
2x10 guardians
1x10 and 1x5 avengers w. exarchs
8x spiders w. exarch
8x dragons w. exarch
6x jetbikes
2x vypers
2x war walkers
2x serpents
1x falcon
1x prism/spinner

I noticed a nearby store has a wraithlord and I was curious about getting one, but I already have a fair few heavy support options.
>>
>>54011971
I play Tau. use lootas and/or shooty kanz to shoot up the tau before you get to them. tau hate the threat of being shot so theyll likely focus your shooty stuff first.

or theyll get shot up trying to kill the boyz
>>
>>54013553
Looks pretty solid. Big Cheese is a lot less comically broken than last edition, your machines are all good, and footelves got a bump up. You'll dominate the psychic phase as well. I'd say grab a serpent or two more and you're good.
>>
>>54003796
it might be... but on the other hand, lore-wise inquisition acolytes are very-nearly-heroes, so giving them the same number of wounds as actual heros would make some degree of sense - they have the same number of attacks as a sergeant anyway.
>>
>>54013553
>>54013621

Ok, I was worried that I had practically nothing for melee outside the warlocks. How big of a problem is that in 8th?

BTW, I was patterning them after the Ulthwe colors (but with silver rather than bone white) and I saw GW is selling black guardian stuff. Did they get a mini-dex?
>>
>>54013534
hiveguard are reliable but you need more than a handful
>>
>>54013636
There are t1 charges and deep strikes, but avengers are pretty solid against basic dudemans in melee, you can actually disengage now, and you retain your dakka when you prance thanks to battle focus. Also, funnily enough a dragon's breath exarch is useful now, as he will fucking exterminate most shit stupid enough to charge him.
>>
Mixed Imperium is going to be insane just due to its pure variety of available units allowing you to cover and weaknesses.

Some of the strong dudes I've noticed.
Arco-Flagallents are ws3 reroll hits when charging 5++. s5 weapons and with a priest 6 attacks average each for 15 points.

Contemptor Mortis Dread is bs2 t7 10w 5++ with 4 lascannons hes only 206 points. With a captain around he's almost going to score 3 lascannon wounds a turn.

Leviathan Dread with Grav Bombards bs2 t8 w14 2+/5++ 309 points, 4 shots of s9/-5/d5 against vehicles, usually 15 damage against t8 vehicles, or 4+ 4 extra shots per 5 models on the same guns. So you kill whatever you shoot whether its a terminator squad a Leman russ or a 30 boyz squad each turn.

A SM captain with thunder hammer/Jet pack/Plasma pistol will be quite good, 125 points and deals usually 6+ damage to a vehicle.

Space Wolf Venerable Dread is 145 points, ws2 t7 w8 3++ 5 attacks of s10 -3 d6.
>>
>>54013534
Hive guard are the only one of those things that are actually good at damaging vehicles. Genestealers are utter shit since they wound any remotely heavy vehicle on 6s and most of the monstrous creatures need to be in close combat with the vehicle to pose a serious threat to it and will be shot off the table by said vehicle before that happens.
>>
File: 1410992073425.jpg (60KB, 680x687px) Image search: [Google]
1410992073425.jpg
60KB, 680x687px
>>54013148
>>54012451
Does this mean that I can have Girlyman buff a bunch of plague marines if I name their legion Ultramarines? Hell, what about Girlyman leading a bunch of nids from hive fleet Ultramarines?
>>
>>54013747
no. There was a thing on the GW page saying that that is not legal, and there'll likely be an FAQ to cover it soon
>>
>>54011216
that rule is specific to GSC. No one else
>>
>>54013762
Figures. I'd be amazed that they let something like this slip past them, but this is GW.
>>
>>54013712
I think most people in general are undervaluing t8, xenos weapons in general are str8 or lower and its much harder to stack than the ease at which imperials can just throw lascannons on everything. Tyranids would have to throw a ridiculous amount of their attacks wounding on 4+/5+ with low rend, to get through the typical 40 wounds of t8 from double russ+baneblade you see in guard list.
>>
>>54011971
My ork list has a killtank with all shootas on it and the ram turned into a shooter as the rest of my vehicles are anti-vehicle.

BS 4+ Heavy 6d6 with no penalty to shooting and moving + 10 str charge 8 attack and 2+ d3 mortal wound on the charge + 12 box can shoot at 6+ to hit and repair grot all for 287 points
>>
>>54013666

Ok, thanks. Will need to check the core rules and the index xenos.
>>
>>54013636
There was a craftworld supplement, then they got rolled into harlequins and hilarious deep strike all the things specialised formations, and now they don't have rules.
>>
>>54013710
I'm surprised I don't see more people talking about arcos. I ran 5 with a priest in an immolator in my last game and they were getting something like 30 attacks. 2W and 5++ made them surprisingly durable as well, they held a terminator captain, chaplain and terminator sarge in combat for 3 turns
>>
I was pretty surprised by just IG veteran squads when I ran the numbers for guard units. For 124 points you get a Lascannon, 3 plasma guns, a plasma pistol and a heavy flamer at bs3.
>>
>>54013994
Few people play inquisition or sisters, so they don't get a lot of exposure.
>>
>>54013499
Throw more fexes at it.
>>
>>54013855

The difference between T7 and T8 is night and day, speaking as an Ork player. When I first saw the Battlewagon 'ard case made them T8 instead of T7, I thought "What's the point?". With a few games under my belt, I see exactly the point. It's impossible to understate just how much more vulnerable T7 is compared to T8.

I took a Dread Mob to a small tournament at my FLGS last weekend. I did pretty well, finishing a very close 2nd in the finals game. However a Guard player brought a full tank list. I got a lucky victory against him on kill points, but he walked all over everyone else. No-one could crack them. And these were just Leman Russes. The one exception was the guy I fought last, who had a las-predator. That did work.
>>
Alright, I'll put in my two cents with 2 general, but fundamental, observations.

A. There are 3 types of relevant targets now: horde, elite (as defined by: possibly high T, possibly good saves, possible more than 1 wound), monsters/vehicles. An all-comers list must be capable of defeating any of those. But this in turn implies that any army that can bring only one type of target for the enemy while retaining an array of weapons that can take on all three is at an inherent advantage.

B. S5 wounds T4 on a 3+ and T8 on a 5+. This is significant and it makes high volume of S5 fire potent against a wide range of targets. High volume S6 is also good, if it's not too expensive, for wounding on 2+ against T3.
>>
>>54014100
I guess, but more people have access to their rules with the way indexes work.
>>
>>54012019
>So casualties don't reduce their effectiveness.
getting them down to 19 isn't hard
>>
File: OrkDeffDread.jpg (22KB, 180x237px) Image search: [Google]
OrkDeffDread.jpg
22KB, 180x237px
This is my Ork army i have been running...
So far ive had a lot of fun with them and have played 3 games and won major victory on a mix of the normal and maelstrom games (1st against Tau, 2nd against CSM Khorne, and 3rd against Genestealer Cult).
Would like critique and any suggested improvements on it:
1500pts

HQ:
-Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field
-Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field
-Wierdboy

TROOPS:
-30x Gretchin
-30x Gretchin

ELITES:
-2x Runtherder w/ prodder & squighound
-Painboy

HEAVY SUPPORT:
-6x Killa Kans w/ scorcha, grotzooka and rokkit launcha
-2x Deff Dredd w/ 3 dred klaws and scorcha
-Gorkanaut

Battleforge:
Patrol,Vanguard,Spearhead 5CP
>>
>>54014271
I agree with you, I see Tau and IG as having all the tools.

Fire Warriors are 8 points for 3 shots of s5. Gun Drones are 8 points for 4 shots of s5. Suits and Devilfish have fly so they can screen, retreat and fire, and overwatch again every turn. Commanders with Fusion can deepstrike and easily kill any elites or vehicles. Vespids and get far objectives for cheap.

Guard have Taurox with 32 shots for 98 points, conscripts and vets or hotshot scion squads with 4 shots each. HvyBolter teams are 32 points for 9 shots. Screen with a Shadowsword with 8d6 heavy flamer shots that can fire in melee. Plasma scions can come down anywhere on any turn and kill anything.
>>
Is it okay to use bikes as a special weapons platform? I wanted to put some flamer and melta teams together to tie up some gaps but I am concerned if this is a good idea or not
>>
>>54014744
Which race?
>>
>>54014755
oh shit, marines, ravenwing specifically
>>
>>54014744
>>54014786
relentless gone
>>
>>54011647
30 man blobz of boyz
either have them advance buffed with ghazzy, a painboy, a weirdboy and a waagh banner, or just have the weirdboy and jump them around the battlefield.
Also meganobz in battlewagons are not only usable, but fucking ridiculous if you can pull it off.
>>
>>54014786
Bikes are good 46 points for 2w t5 a plasma gun and a stormbolter. Its like a terminator with a plasma gun instead of a power fist.
>>
>>54014791
not sure I follow? Noob here sorry
>>
File: resul.jpg (106KB, 437x738px) Image search: [Google]
resul.jpg
106KB, 437x738px
ITC results

Bugs confirmed for new Taudar
>>
>>54014786
It's not a bad idea: you have mobility and decent staying power. On the other hand, you have the knights with their plasma talons and they're universally great at plugging gaps. As they don't have the weapons you want, you could also try a land speeder squadron, or a largespeeder.
>>
>>54014847

Not really, consider the amount of players of each race, better to look at points per player, not total points.
>>
>>54014881
titan army confirmed goat
>>
I don't know who these people are saying that daemons aren't good now. Summoning is worthless but there's still a boatload of incredibly good, undercosted units.
>>
>>54014847
Objectively not the case. They were the most played army and got mediocre points per player.
>>
>>54014847
Today on: /tg/ is not merely bad at games, but fundamentally bad at math
>>
>>54014189
Your anecdotal evidence is consistent with >>54014271
>>
Is Deathwatch okay in this edition ?

It was really shitty in the last, even shittier than ork imo (and I play both.)
>>
>>54011967
From a tempestor prime. Which is why I have been dropping one with my scions.
>>
>>54014971
The kill team is costly, but extremely versatile
>>
>>54014874
I managed to snag a ravenwing battleforce and it came with 6 bikes, 1 attack bike and a speeder then I bought a box of knights. I was going to build the bikes as 3 flame and 3 melta seeing as the knights had talons, I was also going to use the bits from the knights kit to make either an apothecary or an ancient with grenade launcher then make the speeder have assault cannon+multi-melta for flexibility. Just wanna make sure I dont fuck up my models with a bad idea ya know? it seems solid but I am still very new and am pretty sure there is something I am missing
>>
>>54013499

exorines kill vehicles just fine

a tyrannofex is alright too if you're lucky enough to get the double hit, but its a gamble
>>
>>54014847
Does this mean Ministorum is the best army now?
>>
What do you all think the stats gonna be on the new primaris reivers?
>>
You barely hear anything about Eldar or Dark Eldar. Where do they stand now?
>>
>>54015073
performance is middle of the pack and they are far, far less popular than last edition.
>>
Are the primaris Marines any good? Can you play a low model counts Elite Army and win most games?
>>
>>54015087
Which is good in my book, because I actually enjoy them for their lore and tournefags can get out reeeeee. As long as they aren't unfun to play, I'm good.
>>
>>54015052
m8 w3+ bs3+ s4 t4 w2 a3 (sarge a4) ld7 (sarge ld8) 4+ save. Likely will have infiltrate, -1ld aura
>>
>>54015101
you have to play well but they were made to be good
>>
>>54015148
Eh I genuinely hope that isn't the case, if they come in squads of 3 how could they be any threat
>>
>>54015213
infiltrate right next to you in cover, charge your dudes with 10 attacks, whoever isnt butchered is more likely to bail due to leadership penalty
>>
>>54014987
But if it doesnt move and shoots that rupture cannon twice youngot some pretty good odds bro
>>
>>54015148
pretty sure they'll still have a 3+ save
>>
>>54015321
they have stripped down armor to increase melee combat capabilities so maybe their stats will reflect that
>>
>>54014847
>Arranged by points
>not points per player
Anon is literally retarded, these data are unreadable
>>
Has anyone had a chance to play Renegades & Heretics? What about Genestealer Cultists?
>>
>>54015349
depends on whether it's normal armour stripped down, or a different make or armour that is harder to build, but stealthy AND protective.
>>
>>54015896
It's Mk. X armour stripped down, and you can see the black carapace on their abs
>>
>>54015148
M6 re-roll charge/advance more likely. M8 is genestealers. 2A but the sword will give +1 attack
>>
>>54014847

Where is this from?

Arranging it by points per player wouldn't give a good indication of power either anyway, sample sizes are too small (a single high coring player in some cases).

Arranging it by number of players will give some indication of tournament meta though.

Using some common sense to guess army strength, I'd say the top five armies represented are:

1. Imperium
2. Grey Knights
3. Militarum Tempestus
4. Daemons
5. Tau/Tyranids

I'd be interested to see what the Tempestus lists were.
>>
>>54017159

Fucked up, 1 & 3 should be switched
>>
>>54013994
>>54013710
Arcos are stupid good. Crusaders and DCA are also really strong. I've been using all 3 in the store and it's turned everyone onto them. I play guard with ministorum and I'm decimating people in melee with all 3 units plus Bullgryn.
>>
>>54015304
Not really l. It's BS4+ and you still need 2 hits from the same "salvo" to get the bonus.
>>
>>54015017
Ministorum non sister units are retardedly good.
>>
>>54003247

>IG are the new tau. IG players need to universally treated as such to stomp on the cancer before it roots.

>Conscripts are the new riptides

> Tau are the new Tyranids

>Hordes are the new msu

>Tyranids still the weakest horde race thanks to synapse

>Lascannons are the new gravcannons

>Snipers are the new plasma

>artillery spam is the new cheese.
>>
>>54003796
To be fair they are one PL each so I think the 3 wounds are not a typo.
>>
File: 1485903979783.jpg (73KB, 990x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485903979783.jpg
73KB, 990x640px
Chaosfag here, and I call this my "Now is the time to PANIC!" List.

Raptors w/Icon of Despair+Warpspawn+Noxious Blightbringer (cumulative -4 leadership with good positioning) = maximum RUN AWAY!!!
>>
>>54013712
Hive guards are better with Impalers or those shock cannons?
>>
File: 1457246576624.jpg (51KB, 499x847px) Image search: [Google]
1457246576624.jpg
51KB, 499x847px
>>54017881
*blocks your path*
>>
>>54017881
I should also mention it's a -5 against Psykers. So weirdly enough this would make a great anti Grey Knight or Tzeentch list.
>>
>>54017952
You can make good arguments for either. But I think impalers are better overall.
>>
>>54017731
>Lascannons are the new gravcannons
Grav cannons are still great. They're more effective against t8 3+ than a lascannon due to shot count. They just suck against a few light vehicles and aren't widely available.
>>
>>54013630
Perosnally they should have better ws and bs and only 2 wounds. Inquisitors are still weird only having 3 ws and bs. You'd think they would have at least 2 for both like a lord commissar. Even the special Inquisitors are only 3s.
>>
>>54018895
The Inquisition section is strange as balls.

Hell the church section is strange as well. All the melee option are better and cheaper than Repentias. Unless you are facing a lot of T8+ multi wound slow targets.
>>
>>54017815
I don't think you know how PR works. They're 1pr each because each one can possibly take a special weapon. It's based on average cost per unit, and averaging the cost of naked acolytes vs each one taking a combi-melta. That's brings them to determine each one is 1pr

3w for acolytes does not make sense, but I am ready to be wrong if it doesn't get fixed in the next faq
>>
>>54018962
It is weird. Acolytes being 3 wounds but Guardsmen stats and armor. Being like 1-6 as a unit. Inquisitors still not getting invulnerable saves.

The ministorum section is great. All 3 units are great in melee and stand apart from each other. Arcos are great against hordes, death cult assassins are good against higher armored targets and Crusaders are good with durability and acts of faith.
>>
File: ork list.png (62KB, 676x1232px) Image search: [Google]
ork list.png
62KB, 676x1232px
I'm now 9-0 with this orks list, my opponents just can't win between choosing to try and stop the boyz or the walkers

Most also ignore the flyer which they find is a mistake when it spits out a 18 S6 AP -1 shots at BS 4
>>
File: my actual list.jpg (539KB, 1800x1856px) Image search: [Google]
my actual list.jpg
539KB, 1800x1856px
>>54019143
fucking fuck me thats the wrong list

Here's my actual unbeaten list
>>
File: Sisters_949eb3_5944152.jpg (139KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters_949eb3_5944152.jpg
139KB, 900x636px
>>54014847
>SoB on 69

wew
>>
>>54018969
I wonder because each acolyte is 1 PL. Not a unit of 3 or 6. A single one is that much.

In any case the entire I, AM and AS is strange as balls.
>>
File: 1377719304373.jpg (50KB, 587x600px) Image search: [Google]
1377719304373.jpg
50KB, 587x600px
>>54019175
Why don't you put the Morkanaut's in a Spearhead detachment with one of the Big Meks for an additional command point?
>>
>>54014097
I like to toss them in a squad with shotguns and run then up the field in a chimera. They'll bend over any normal squad with the new +1 strength shotguns get at half range.
>>
>>54017731
>>54018620
Gravcannons>Lascannons
>source: www.3plusplus.net/2017/06/space-marine-weapon-options-8th-edition-warhammer-40k/
>>
>>54019649
I think you mean
>Gravcannon>Everything
kinda sad really
>>
>>54017881
>"They are my bulwark against the terror, they are the defenders of humanity"
>"They are my Space Marines, AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!"
I haven't come around to read it up, what does ATSKNF in 8th?
>>
>>54021219

Morale re-roll
>>
>>54021243
Oh, nice. But I guess it doesn't help that much if stacked against -4Ld, with Tacticals being Ld7
>>
>>54020957
See >>54014271
>>
>>54013468
Scion command squads are getting nerfed soon, though.
>>
>>54021668
Says who? Oh right you're stupid.
>>
>>54021668
They don't even need to be. They're good, but not insane.
>>
>>54021738
Says FLG who are continuing to playtest and still in regular contact with GW.

The official GW facebook page also said a comprehensive FAQ/errata is in the works. The Designer's Commentary they released was just a small clarification not the real FAQ.
>>
Ministorum Crusaders are funny.

>2 attacks base
>on a 2+, they get another free 2 attacks that don't activate the unit
>11 ppm, shitting out 4 S3 AP-3 attacks hitting on 3+ every turn

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

>add a priest
>6 attacks/model/turn
>>
>>54021883
They are 15 points but they are great. My personal experience with them has been amazing. Use faith to move 6 then D6 the 6 when it's your movement then th charge range. Boosting across the field.
>>
>>54011820

you
>>
I want to run a terminator only list for GK. Should I just go full Paladin or get standard termies?
>>
>>54022063
Running only a few expensive models is a good way to get shit all over against any good player (unless you're Imperial Knights, in which case good luck finding games at all). Stop playing shit gimmick lists or don't cry to us when you keep losing.
>>
>>54022146
Well, low model count GK armies have always been there, anon. No need to get butthurt over that. Are you angry because tyranids and orks kept getting fucked over in seventh?
>>
>>54022219
What is all this projecting

I'm telling you not to run a list that's "all [insert X unit]" and then come crying on the forums the game is unbalanced like all the other fags who do this dumb shit because you arbitrarily decided not to take entire sections of your army because you would rather have boring spam for some inane reason
>>
>>54022063
Whilst smite and hoards exists small elite armies will suffer, stick with normal terminators and kit them out modestly, and you might be fine.
>>
>>54022281
>>54022256
Now this is a more sensible, useful answer. I'm planning to give antiarmor support via dreadnoughts and/or a land raider. What about HQs?
>>
>>54022327
librarians are cash though honestly i cant remember all the GK HQ, and how god they are. as for anti-tank, psycannon are okay, though really you should be looking to IG HWT, because they are just that good now a days
>>
>>54015017
It only took ten thousand years for them to get there.
>>
>>54012053

>See this is what differs the "internet world" to the real world.

Some faggot's special house rule is what separates the internet world room the real world?
>>
>>54021923
Oh right. Stupid wargear shit.

Wish they could get other power weapons though. Sometimes S3 can be frustrating.
>>
File: mask.jpg (190KB, 882x608px) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
190KB, 882x608px
>>54022763
To me having power swords balances them nicely versus Death Cult Assassins and Arcos, which I like a lot. It's not one unit is way better than the others every time. With the Astropath/Primaris Psyker they can get a 2++ save, plus they have a lot of tactical options with the acts of faith.

I personally plan to take 1 of each unit or like I did last game and take 2 of the 3. I think I'll leave Crusaders out in the open and put DCA and Arcos in transports. Sure they have a 7" movement, but they aren't tanky like Crusaders and they don't have acts of faith so they can't speed across the field as easily.

These are my count as Crusaders, since I'm doing a whole thing of recruiting from feral/tribalistic religious worlds.
>>
>>54022063
Terminators lose most of their point in GK where everyone gets deepstrike, a stormbolter, and a power weapon.
>>
>>54022679
that thing
>what differs the "internet world" to the real world.
is some faggots unearned smug superiority over their own fantasy scenario.
>>
>>54015087

Were Deldar even popular post 5th edition? I mean they haven't been very good since then.
>>
Looking for input on my 2k CSM list. Have about 30 points to play with or can just scrap the whole thing. Mostly trying to use some of HH stuff.

Vanguard Detachment

sorcerer in terminator armor - force sword combi-bolter(158)

terminators(5) - combi-melta(5), power sword(5) icon of wrath (280)
terminators(5) - combi-melta(5), power sword(5) icon of wrath (280)

contemptor dreadnought - 2 hellforged deathclaws (196)

Spearhead Detachment

Chaos lord in terminator armor - power sword combi bolter(128)
hellforged leviathan dreadnought - grav-flux bombard, hellforged siege claw (290)

rapier battery(3) - laser destroyer (318)
rapier battery(3) - laser destroyer (318)
>>
I've noticed when playing Death Guard that taking both Typhus and Plaguecaster together lets you put out some serious damage with psyker abilities if they don't have a counter. Also been doing so much work with my Blight Drone that I've been considering buying 1-2 more. Having base 10 inch movement speed and assault on the dual plaguespitters is ridiculous. It eats Imperial Guard for breakfast.

Haven't gotten a chance to proxy the Blightlauncher, but it looks great on paper. Really wanting those Death Guard termies.
>>
>>54014847

Memescripts was real

But more miportantly

I WAS RIGHT SMITE SPAM IS REAL
>>
>>54003247
Sat around trying to figure out a way to make Guilliman effective without spending a billion points. I was thinking of Guilliman out front, with a line of plasma Servitors just behind on one flank, Techpriest behind them, a squad of Chapter Veterans on the other flank, Apothecary behind them, and they, in turn, flanked by a pair of Dreadnaughts with lascannons and fists.

The Vets catch multi-wound attacks, being revived by the Apothecary, while Guilliman allows the Servitors to reroll 1's on overcharged plasma and the Dreads provide support from every range.

OFC it costs an assload of points, but at least it's not two squads of las-missile Devistator Centurions.
>>
Anyone have any experience with Thunderfire cannons this edition? I'm considering running 2-3 of them in a list, but I don't know how viable it is.
>>
>>54025216

They're alright. Points went up a bit but it's still cheap, and it does 4-12 S5 shots at 60".
>>
>>54022928
Are those the tzeentch guys from AoS? I was looking to pick up more crusaders too.
>>
>>54025416
Yes they are. Masks are sisters of thorn, shields are upgrade packs for storm cast and blades are rust stalker blades.
>>
Suggested Land Speeder loadouts this edition?
>>
>>54011008
They aren't rerolling to hit and to wound like acolytes are and have 1 wound apiece.
>>
>>54017159

Dakka Tauroxes and Plasma Squads.

Feels good to be a Scions player.
>>
>>54026170
What's proper etiquette for acolytes in terms of quarry? In a tournament do you have to list them as what they are in the list? In a casual game where you don't always play the same list is it douchey to pick xenos against xenos races and switch to chaos against chaos?
>>
>>54026740
Dunno, I imagine tournament organizers want you write what ordo they are before hand. For casual games spamming a unit like acolytes is always pretty douchey. I say this as a player who has hit my friends with some pretty egregious lists back in the days of 7e. If you really want to layer on the cheese let your opponent know before hand so he can do the same. And you basically see who can make the gayer list.

I remember after Angel's Blade came out Death Company got a huge buff. With the formation they could pull six attacks apiece. Rerolling everything because of the chap. So a 15 man had 90 attacks on a charge.

I took 30 Death Company and put 'em with a librarius conclave so they were invisible and summoning demons. I told my buddy generally what to expect so he came with giant blobs of conscripts all with a priest, as well as some tanks.

So it was giant melee of death company with an ungodly number of attacks vs an ungodly number of conscripts who had a rerollable 5+, with Leman Russes blasting away at bloodletters in the background. Good times.

I'm glad formations are gone though, that's for damn sure.
>>
File: Fulgrim_WIP_by_SelenaH.jpg (90KB, 787x591px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgrim_WIP_by_SelenaH.jpg
90KB, 787x591px
What kind of stats do you guys think Daemon Primarch Fulgrim will have?
I think he'll have a lot of attacks, maybe 24?
12" movement, 2+ WS/BS, Strength 6? Not sure about Toughness and Wounds though. Leadership 10 and a 3+ save for sure. Maybe a Special Rule letting him reroll failed to hit rolls in melee? Some kind of Bubble buff that lets Emperor's Children units fight better somehow?
Any thoughts?
>>
7-8 attacks base, strength 6 base, +2 strength swords pen3 2 damage, to-wound rolls of 6 make damage mortal wounds. Always strikes first.
>>
>>54027037
Yeah I feel like for tournies you'd have to list it and stick to it. I was only going to take 1 or maybe 2 units of acolytes since I like having Inquisitors. I think I'll ask my opponent if I can select it or maybe just roll a dice and do 1-4, re rolling 5 and 6.
>>
>>54027059

Close combat beast
Monstrous creature 14'' move and reroll charge
6 attacks
Can parry and block in melee so minus 2 to hit him in combat
-1 to LD penalty for <ULTRAMARINES>

And... of course...
Does 10 damage per hit in combat against <Primarch>
>>
>>54013468
i don't see what overcharging has to do with anything, but yes, on the deep-striket turn, Scions put out more AT-Damage-Per-Point thank john-woo veterans.
>>
>>54027226
Just run them fluffy and they're not that bad. For a normal game it's probably fine if the quarry is the opponent, since it's the whole point of the rule. Unless you give them all plasmas they really aren't so bad. A supercharged guardsman is still a guardsman.

Or you can just make half of the squads ordo malleus, and the other half ordo xenos.
>>
>>54017539
ALSO, while it's true most sisters are underwhelming, vanilla john-woo seraphim can put out a crazy amount of dakka per point, to the point where they are a valid mainstay (not QUITE conscript-tier, but they have fly.
>>
>>54019649
Grav-cannon vs Las-cannon is a lot closer of a call than that list makes them out to be. Grav-cannon wins out vs MEQ and TEQ for sure, but the range on a lascannon as well as having it's damage on one die (for command-rerolls) are pretty big.
>>
>>54017990
WTF that bolt pistol is not even loaded?!
>>
Inquisitors in terminator armor are so expensive. 118 points. But they also seem kinda awesome. Teleport one in with Scions, smite units or cast terrify. Then blast things with scions and let them eat shots and charges then let loose with melee man.
>>
>>54027550
>WTF that bolt pistol is not even loaded?!
He's reloading. Why do you think he's reaching into a mag pouch?
>>
>>54022146
>unless you're Imperial Knights, in which case good luck finding games at all

Superheavies have been rebalanced a lot this edition. I fought against a list made of only three baneblades variant this weekend, and my had little to none dedicated anti tank. It was a hard battle, but I won. I killed one of them with just weight of fire.
>>
>>54025189
http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/06/26/results-8th-edition-gt/

This guy won a tournament with Guilliman and simple Marine stuff with lots of heavy weapons.
>>
>>54029385
>Tarctical Squad
>>
>>54026019
either typhoon config or twin heavy flamers
>>
>>54027974

That's the treat pouch. He's fetching a treat for the good guardsmen.
>>
>>54029385
>asscannon razorbacks are 108 points

that seems wrong
>>
>>54030665

RBs are the best marine vehicles for guns + wounds. 2 TLLC RB are more efficient than 1 LC Pred
>>
>>54030693
>2 TLLC RB are more efficient than 1 LC Pred

That seems wrong too
>>
>>54030765

IT IS YOU WHO IS WRONG!

WE 8TH NOW
>>
>>54003247
Observation 1 - still a lot of little dicked twats play this game.
Observation 2 - we need to root out the cancer that are "competative" players. They need to be killed and their kids sold to brothels.
Observation 3 - If you build your life around being "gut" in playing toy soldiers you will fail in other areas such as professional work - and your life will suck.
Observation 4 - If you play warhammer to show yourself or somebody that you are good at something its to late for you - you lost - your life is worthless and you should end it.
Observation 5 - 8 edition is best for sucessfull people that like to roll dice and chat with friends with a beer in hand in relaxed casual format.

so much poorfags here its depressing ...
>>
>>54026170
Also Vanguard have 12" range, not RF24"
>>
>mfw I can legally take 18 Armored Sentinels in one list
>mfw it doesnt even break 1000 points
>>
File: 1456797393085.jpg (94KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1456797393085.jpg
94KB, 878x814px
>>54030865
this post sucks
>>
>>54031197
Armored sentinels are plasma bait
>>
>>54027254
Overcharged plasma deals double damage to vehicles and monsters, those are the highest opportunity targets.
>>
File: 1439610356061.png (668KB, 955x836px) Image search: [Google]
1439610356061.png
668KB, 955x836px
>>54030865
>if you try to be good at the things you do you'll fail
this is what casualfags actually believe
>>
>>54030665
Yeah 100 points for 12, s6 -1 1 shots on a strong body with a transport attached. Taking 5 of them isn't even expensive, and get all your transport taken care of, plus a bunch of fat ass bodies to screen with and enough shots to wipe a 30 boyz unit each turn.

I thought it would be fun to get to bring marine shot volume for dealing with hordes with stormbolters, heavybolters and dakkadreads and shit and the stupid transport ends up being the most ridiculous thing they have.
>>
>>54011525
Seemed like just his opinion to me, reasonable but then he started talking about how the dakka taurox sucks so I disregarded/10.
>>
>>54031197
Armored a shit. I made mine Armored in 7th, but now I'm just saying they are Scout. Now that they fire at BS5+ on the go, I'm going to have to change what weapons I give them. Missile Launchers or Flamers since everything else sucks for it.
>>
>>54032056
Damn, is there just no way to play Mech Guard now aside from Leman Russ spam?
>>
>>54032073
I mean, Scout and Power Lifting Sentinels are good, Basilisks and Manticores are good, Russ tank commanders are good, Mechanized Scions/Veterans are good, so Mech Guard is still viable.

If you want to field the majority of the army as Sentinels you can, but I'd mix in some Scout and Power Lifting ones so you've covered some bases like tarpitting and melee.
>>
File: dumbest shit.jpg (84KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
dumbest shit.jpg
84KB, 312x321px
>>54013835
>>54013747
>That retard who stumbles upon the most obvious immediate rules exploit in 8th everyone picked up on day one thinking he just thought of it

Fucking hell. Had one at my lgs yesterday too
>>
File: fuckmyshitupgw.jpg (178KB, 758x698px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmyshitupgw.jpg
178KB, 758x698px
>>54014847
CSM absolutely awful points per player...
>>
>>54013747
Read the designers notes they released along side the rules
>>
Some observations from my first 8th game a few days ago playing as Chaos with the FW index

Keres Autocannon is shit....just terrible. Shortranged, and 2 extra shots doesn't make up for the lost damage/strength

On the other hand a Contemptor is really survivable. I thought getting swarmed by Genestealers would be the end of it, but every time it lost a few wounds it backhanded a few bugs and got them back.

The Conversion Beam is still bad, big surprise there. I'll go back to laser destroyers and see how they fair.

Plasma Destroyers just aren't that scary anymore. It didn't preform bad, just not terribly good. I guess there's a reason it's the baseline for the FW Pred instead of the Autocannon.

Scarab Occult Terminators are murder machines. 10 of them popping up in the backfield took down the Swarmlord, Broodlord, three Zoanthropes, and probably 30+ Gaunts while losing only 1 of their own
>>
>>54029385
Not even a brigade either, Guilliman's a lord of war, need another HQ to fill that gap.
>>
I play Admech
current record 6/1

Lost first game against ultramarines
I had no idea what worked so stupidly charged a pack of 3 dreads with infiltrators and ruststalkers. Didnt work at all
Won vs necrons
Kastelans with trip heavy phosphors shot and killed everything EVERYTHING
Won vs necrons
Ran more Kastelans and onagers, killed monolith before he could get warriors out, used robot shield and bounced most of the heavy fire back at him. He quit turn 2
Now at a tourney
Won again against necrons (sooo many necrons)
Kastelans in building with cawl wrecked face. Ran 2 squads of 10 infiltrators for max dakka dropped a ctan in 1 round with them. Tabled on turn 3
Won against Horde orks
Kastelans and 20 infiltrators killed over 100 boys turn 1. Game ended turn 3 when he ran Ghazskull off board to deny me killing him. That was his last model, tabled.
Won vs Marines lots of terminators
Again couldnt stand up to the firepower of a fully functioning kastelan horde. Tabled in 3.

Kastelans,Cawl Datasmith is a rediculus combo and I think it is complete broken filth. 72 shots hitting on 4+ rerolling misses from cawl. S6 ap-2 ignoreing cover. Drops knights, monoliths, dread hordes, whatever they aim at. And the save modifiers in cover and turn 1 when they have the ageis protocol up its pointless to shoot them with non ap weapons. They give you more mortal wounds then they take.

tl:dr Kastelan robots are OPAF
>>
>>54035439
i'm curious about your infiltrators, as a fellow devot of the omnissiah
how did you kit them out, swords or tasers ?
>>
>>54035855
For the surprise alpha attack definitely tasers and flachettes. The robots are there for mid to large targets and the infiltrators are there for everything else. 50 shots on the drop and 30+ attacks in assault at s6 is a crowd clearer.
>>
Any thoughts on what would be easy to transport to events using public transport? I was thinking of attending some 8th edition tournaments around the UK. Looking at my Dias demonettes I'm doubting they would travel well and my biggest objective would be to win best painted which that would make extremely difficult.
>>
>>54011374
How do you steel rehn with Chaos anon?

PS that ugly claw thing doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
>>
Can one of your make a data sheet for a Chaos Harbringer heavy bomber as im in the middle of scratch building one and really want something I can play with mates
>>
>>54004115
are you ready for that KIKE ABERRATION of the shithead king of dogshit ward finally getting PURGED FOREVER?!?!?!

Can't wait for necron book!
>>
>>54038335
Ton of termis and warp talons DS, that's really the only option they have. Dreadclaws and drop pods seem to have lost their point since you can't DS right next to your opponent with them. Only use for a pod would be transporting a dread or something similiar to get close enough to possibly make a charge. But dreadclaws are 200 points a piece which is just crazy
>>
>>54039721
Any opinions on the GW knights? How are they?
>>
>>54040981
Sorry, didn't mean to reply to that AND I meant FW knights.
>>
>>54013747

You can't use official keywords as custom keywords anyway, slow ass motherfucker. Wu Tang Clan is old as shit.
>>
>>54038173
Get one of those roller cases?
>>
>>54011820
He was on the development team for the rules you absolute fucking retard. He literally wrote the official faction focuses on the official warhammer page teasing you on what was coming.
>>
>>54041067
the case it's self isn't the problem, it's transporting fragile models. Dias demonettes have almost no connecting parts
>>
>>54041328
I bit the bullet andhot battlefoam and bag myself
>>
How are you guys outfitting your Bullgryns in 8th? Slabshield seems like the best choice to me.
>>
Spiky elf man of the Dr. Frankenstein variety here -- I thought Covens were going to be kind of shit, but I've gone 3-0 with them in 8th. Wracks are fantastic -- T5 troops at that price point is sweet. I figured Grots were going to suck, but the 5++ plus actually having AP -1 (and consistently more attacks than they did in 7th) puts them in a pretty good place. I think the Flesh Gauntlet is a trap weapon. Not sure about the viability of the Cronos (I think it looks pretty shitty, so I haven't tried it out yet), but the Talos did pretty well overall. Even without the built-in AP 2, 6 attacks with the Macro Scalpels can do damage, especially with the useful PfP bonus. The Heat Lance seems worthless, but stick with a Splinter Cannon and enjoy a solid TAC MC that doesn't break the bank.
>>
>>54042134
(ETA: Wracks are T5 from the Haemy bubble. Haemys are also excellent and CC beasts; definitely not a typical HQ tax, like most of the DE HQs are now. Urien Rakarth is probably in the same boat, but more situational)
>>
>>54003987
Need a Commissar for the Conscripts to mitigate the effects of Morale damage.
>>
Thoughts? I'm going for Valkyrie drop play, Weapons squads in one, Bullgryns in one, and Tempestus in the last.

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [61 PL, 999pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime [2 PL, 40pts]: Chainsword, Tempestus Command Rod

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [6 PL, 70pts]
. 6x Scion: 6x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Elites +

Bullgryns [14 PL, 180pts]
. Bullgryn: Grenadier Gauntlet, Slabshield
. Bullgryn Bone 'ead: Grenadier Gauntlet, Slabshield

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 55pts]
. Tempestus Scion: Hot-Shot Lasgun
. Tempestus Scion: Hot-Shot Lasgun
. Tempestus Scion w/ Medi-pack: Hot-shot Laspistol, Medi-pack
. Tempestus Scion w/ Platoon Standard: Hot-Shot Lasgun, Platoon Standard

Special Weapons Squad [3 PL, 48pts]: 3x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Demo Charge
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer

Special Weapons Squad [3 PL, 48pts]: 3x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Demo Charge
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [30 PL, 558pts]
. Valkyrie: Hellstrike Missiles, Lascannon
. . 2x Heavy Bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

++ Total: [61 PL, 999pts] ++
>>
>>54042544
no idea how that'll go, but I'd love to see it in play
>>
File: admech.png (53KB, 676x1120px) Image search: [Google]
admech.png
53KB, 676x1120px
>>54035439
Can you post a copy of your list, anon? I'm curious. I just tried building a list that's sort of like that, and pic related is what I've created. I'm curious to see how close it is to your list.
>>
>>54031454
faggot. being good and a waacfag is different.
Most of the time waacfag are actually bad and compensate by having the souchest cheesiest list with little to no skill involved.
>>
File: 1437511444054.jpg (5KB, 261x114px) Image search: [Google]
1437511444054.jpg
5KB, 261x114px
>>54030865
>>
>>54014847
6 SoB players?!
>>
>>54014847
>Adepta Sororitas
>69 points per player

Obligatory giggity
>>
How are the Sons of Sanguinius faring in 8th ed? I can't seem to find any synergy that makes them very competitive.

Razorspam and Storm Ravens seem good, but I feel like the smurfs happen to do it even better. Any reason I shouldn't just play Red Ultramarines for the 3rd edition in a row?
>>
I'm getting into 40k just now. I've fluffed out my dudes as BA successors who rely on melee/air assault and I now see that I can't use a lot of models if I run them with BA rules, which I'd like to do. This is bullshit. What is the rationale behind BA and successors not being able to use stormtalons for example?
>>
>>54022063
>Should I just go full Paladin or get standard termies?
There are absolutely no reasons to run termies over paladins, third wound and quadriple heavy weapons are totally worth their points. Here's the list:

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) ++

+ HQ +

Brother Captain Stern: Gate of Infinity, Hammerhand, Nemesis Force Halberd

+ Elites +

Doomglaive Dreadnought: Gate of Infinity, Heavy psycannon, Incinerator, Nemesis doomglaive

Doomglaive Dreadnought: Gate of Infinity, Heavy psycannon, Incinerator, Nemesis doomglaive

Paladin Squad: Gate of Infinity
5x Paladin (Falchions): 5x Storm Bolter
Paladin (Psilencer): Psilencer (Terminator), Two Nemesis Falchions
Paragon: Storm Bolter, Two Nemesis Falchions

Paladin Squad: Gate of Infinity
5x Paladin (Falchions): 5x Storm Bolter
Paragon: Storm Bolter, Two Nemesis Falchions

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship: 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon, Twin multi-melta
>>
>>54044366

And being competitive and a waacfag is different.

Calm your autism, "narrative player".
>>
>>54031797

That's because you're an idiot.

The dude helped design 8th edition and even post-release is basically the liason between GW and the community.

>guardfags are THIS desperate to believe that their command squad cheese will be staying
>>
>>54021373
Use 2cp to beat morale test.
>>
>>54032073

Leman Russ spam is the worst you can go.

Artillery spam or flyers is the way to go. Now that manticores can be taken in squadrons the disparity is even greater.
>>
>>54046265
>manticores can be taken in squadrons
They can not.
>>
File: 1487855071636.png (573KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
1487855071636.png
573KB, 627x885px
Black Templar here

Is 8th out? Can i finally make my 5-man crusader spam WAAC list? ;_;
>>
>>54004115
Those necrons have bad posture
>>
>>54013528
Play nids, nids are good now.
>>
>>54011554
>partakes in a competitive metagame discussion
>doesn't know the largest global competitive metagame nor its founder and caretaker

See /tg/ this is why everyone says you suck at this game.
>>
File: at the frontlines.jpg (155KB, 443x508px) Image search: [Google]
at the frontlines.jpg
155KB, 443x508px
>>54046528
>FG
>competitive
>>
>>54046589
What exactly is your definition of competitive in this context?
>>
There's discussion going on about one of the first 8e GTs, from Boise idaho.

1st place: 4 Stormravens, 2 Stormhawk Interceptors, 1 Captain and 1 Tactical Squad.

2nd: Ynnari Harlequins in Skyweavers.

3rd: Bobby G and Assback spam.

Compared to 7e tournaments, there were more 19-1 scorings simply based on matchup. The Ynnari player got 19 pts on every game except the last, where it was 1 point.

Tl;dr, rock paper scissors rather than competition, skew rather than combined arms.
>>
So, are Imperial Guard Valkyries shit now?

We've lost Vendettas (who'd be OP in this edition..) and got Valkyries with a bit of dakka. They don't sound great on paper or am I missing something?
>>
>>54047667

Yeah, they're pretty underwhelming.

The rocket pods are okay, but only hitting on 5s is pretty bad.
>>
>>54047667
Vendettas are FW now. Vultures seem to be where it's at. 40 shots at BS5+ lol.
>>
>>54048071
It's got strafing run my dude.
>>
>>54048140
Don't back talk me.

Neat
>>
>>54048071

Why the fuck did they switch them to FW if they were on the usual codexes before? Oh well.

Also , what are strafing runs?
>>
>>54048295
+1 BS against targets that don't have fly.

So if it moves at shoot at infantry it shoots at a 4+
Or it it hovers, and doesn't move, it shoots at a 5+
>>
>>54048321

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Vultures are really good horde decimators, then.

I'd have to go for Vendettas for my list, though. Already have Pasknisher snd Exterminator LRB or hordes and beed something bigger and tougher targets.
>>
>>54048321
>Or it it hovers, and doesn't move, it shoots at a 5+
Shoots at 3+ I mean
>>
>>54046385
> 5-man crusader spam WAAC list
You cannot say this without explaining it to us, brother.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.