/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Stores Around your FLGS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Anons, what are the stores by your FLGS, and how do they have an impact on the store, if any?

I have two game stores in my town. One actually shares the space with a Mexican restaurant... which even the Hispanic guys that frequent the store say is a pile of Shit. The only good thing there is the Jarritos Soda.
However, there's also a Wienerschnitzel right outside the door, and we often just pitch in a couple bucks each to bring in some of their Combo Meals. This has led to a LOT of controversy surrounding chili dogs at the table.

My other store shares the block with an antique store and a Hobby Shop. The Hobby Shop is honestly a better, cheaper option when it comes to turf, terrain, paints, brushes... basically everything to do with miniatures BUT the miniatures.
The antique store has actually had a bigger impact on the store because they have three massive cardboard boxes stuffed to the brim with the 1995 Star Wars TCG, which has seen something of a revival at the store thanks to it.

So, you guys have anything interesting surrounding your stores?
>>
>>54000978
there was an awesome pizza place next to my place.
It got sold.
There's also an inconvenience store, that closes at 6pm, and a diner and Chinese food place which are pretty gud.
>>
>>54000978
Back in the day was GW stores were a thing, we had a few places around that store. a KFC, a Fuddruckers, a Genuardi's and a Panera Bread. I'd say it didn't do much for the LGS but it was great business for those places.
>>
>>54000978
Bump.
>>
>>54000978
My FLGS shares a strip mall with a pizza place (breddy gud, lots of business), a bar (a skeevy shithole patronized by locals who get belligerently drunk and tried to kill the FLGS's pet cat one time), and has a convenience store opening up soon (probably a shithole too, kind of not a great area of town).

Honestly, the FLGS is the big draw to the strip mall, it has done more for the other businesses then they've done for it.
>>
>>54000978

My main FLGS is in a strip mall that has a sports bar two doors down. Nothing has happened yet but I always expect some drunk and belligerent asshole to come over whenever I'm there in the evening. The other FLGS is in a secluded side road surrounded by closed shops which is nice and quiet but odd sometimes. They're kind of polar opposites since my main shop is in a high traffic area surrounded by restaurants, shops, and a Walgreen's.
>>
>>54000978
Flower shop
Physical therapy gym thing
Insurance agent
Chinese Foot massage
>>
>>54000978
My store is in the area's downtown. First off, the store itself has a wing that sells movies, music, and video games along with comic books and tabletop stuff. Across the street there's a bar, and there's the usual array of food places including a nice pizza place. On thursdays the town has this farmer's market where all the businesses set up booths along the main street, and you can get some awesome BBQ. There's also a movie theater with nice recliner chairs.
>>
>>54000978
Two LGS, both in strip malls. The first has a subway, a Panda Express, a White Castle and a steak'n'shake within spitting distance, but they only do casual play on anything - they refuse to sanction any kind of Organized Play events because they're "too competitive"

The other one has a subway nearby, and a hooters and a Taco Bell across the road. They do pretty good business all things considered, but it's very competitive.
>>
I'm not shitting you when I say it is next door to a parole office and a homeless shelter.
>>
>>54006314
At least the lease is cheap.
>>
>>54000978
FLGS in strip mall area with the following food places:
A bar
A japanese steakhouse
A bread something place
A subway
A chinese place
A seafood place
A supermarket

Outlying but withing easy walking distance:
Arbys
Mcdonalds
Little Ceasers

There's also a cvs across the parking lot that we direct the sweaties to go to if they stank.
>>
>>54006598
i know caesers branched out, but i'm guessing somewhere in the midwest?
>>
>>54000978
Mine is in a mall, which brings in riffraff and young kids, so we have to keep our swearing to a minimum. Also, the store generally has to close around when the mall does. Other than that, it's a really nice store with tons of parking, space, and nearby food.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.