[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Street Samurai Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 67

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to HomeNode...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53958222
>Log_The_Bounty_Hunter.trid
>Gun_Benny_Summer_Catalog.ctlg
>PewTube_Top_Ten_Gun_Cam_Countdown.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 145 (62% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Kneecaps vs 9mm has been flagged for removal"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Bullet_Time.btl

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever shoot at a dragon.

Tell us about your Street Samurai. What is their favorite weapons and armor? Do they swear by any company in particular? Are they ex-military or former couch-commandos? Gillettes, Adepts, and casual gun bunnies also welcome.
>>
First for kill all trogs.
>>
>>54000931
Humanis fuck off back to /hfy/
>>
>>54000931

How about we do somethig like this?

>A fuel tanker wrecked in Seattle on Sunday, and as Orcs and Trolls converged to collect fuel leaking from the truck, it exploded, killing at least 140 people, according to police and hospital officials.
>>
>>54000931

Someone is angry because all the human girls prefer the ork/troll D
>>
>>54001083
Don't lump your tusker ass in with us.
>>
Is the portrayal of orks with green skin racist? Is that like the Sixth World version of blackface?
>>
Still no State of the Art ADL pdf ?
>>
>>54001071
Jesus Christ that was the biggest Darwin Awards event I've seen in a long ass time.
>"Man, stealing this highly flammable material sure is hard work, I'm gonna stop for a smoke while standing in and covered in this highly flammable material next to a leaking container full of the stuff."
>>
>tfw no qt ork bf
>>
>>54001838
Have you tried your local penitentiary?
>>
File: X2zs6B3.png (173KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
X2zs6B3.png
173KB, 700x900px
LAMIA LIMINAL BODY WHEN
>>
>>54001990

I mean I've already houseruled them into my game.
We get half man half horse.
We get pixies.
We get 3m monkey men.
And then a big snake. I mean come on.
>>
>>54002171
>I mean I've already houseruled them into my game.
How did you stat them?
>>
>>54001934
das racist
>>
>>54001180
Nope. The only green skin is metagenetic damage, skin dye, or chlorophyll gene mods to reduce your need to eat.
>>
>>54002241
It's also true. There's a statistically high chance of meeting orcs in jail due to societal pressure and fundemental differences in psychological makeup.
>>
>>54002241
>das racist

Lots of orks work in security, anon. You're racist for assuming I was talking about criminals. Not all orks are criminals, anon. Geez.
>>
>>54002216

Still a bit of a work in progress, but it's basically the Naga stats but with agility upped one point (since it's still about dexterity), and lowered STR.
Although on the off chance that you actually coil around another character (as a grapple) I'd say use double strength in terms of tests and damage.
>>
>all this hate for trogs
What's wrong with awakened chimps?
>>
Surely boxing, mma and the like must have added heavy heavy weight and upwards after goblinisation?
>>
File: BigSmoke-Artwork.jpg (121KB, 937x1070px) Image search: [Google]
BigSmoke-Artwork.jpg
121KB, 937x1070px
Your character has been called in for something very simple. To follow the damn train How fucked are they?
>>
>>54003403
Most sports are accommodating of metahumans. The biggest schisms among professional sports leagues is the validity of cyberware and adept magic.
>>
>>54003212
The Asonwu? They transmit diseases and attack livestock
>>
>>54003491
Didn't major league sports in general also ban technomancers?
>>
File: Eiger.png (2MB, 1643x2419px) Image search: [Google]
Eiger.png
2MB, 1643x2419px
I'd climb the Eiger.
>>
>>54003740

No, you wouldn't.
>>
File: Eiger_2415.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Eiger_2415.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
My Character would like to climb the Eiger
>>
>>54003478

Where are my bicycle rules?
>>
Have you ever run a game in which a megacorp was actually trying to do some good? I mean, sure, there might have been some profit for them in their endgame, but they generally tried to make the world a better place? What was the premise? How did it work out?
>>
>>54003977

In my Shadowrun I see most Megacorps in general trying to make the world better. Not for the people living on the other side of the law of course.
Some charity and work for the underprivliged is always nice for public appearance, and new developments that better the average quality of life will in the end bring profit.
>>
>>54003929
They're with the two number 9s, the number 9 large, a number 45, a number 45 with cheese, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, and a large soda.
>>
File: 1498179868161.jpg (58KB, 532x1315px) Image search: [Google]
1498179868161.jpg
58KB, 532x1315px
>>54004144

Seems like a perfectly fitting order for me.

(on that note, I need to make a Troll Big Smoke in my game now)
>>
>>54003977
The mistake a lot of edgy buggers make is to make megacorps actively capital "E" Eeeeeevil.

But they're corporations. Evil does not make money, but neither does morality. We've had examples of megacorps in real life, most notably the various East India Companies and the like. Our very own was the world's first modern corporation, and they were essentially a military force on their own with a carte blanche to operate as they saw fit. They did evil shit in order to secure their spice monopoly, which did in fact include a genocide, but there was no ideological motive behind it (and the people who bitch about them usually hold politics that committed many more genocides than these guys ever did). Meanwhile there was another, shadier version that mostly involved itself in the slave trade, and their slavery practices have rubbed off on the reputation of the more legit corporation.

A corporation will fuck you if you stand between them and profit. But they'll never murder your people wholesale for praying to the wrong god or following the wrong ideals. I think that's a distinction that could have some fruitful results in these settings. What if people involve themselves with rebels who fight the corps, but who are legit going around executing people for thought crimes? I mean, ISIS is against consumer culture...
>>
Does humanis hate all non-Humans equally/how do they feel about metasapients (better or worse than metahumans?)
>>
>>54004477
The exceptions here are Saeder-Krupp who WILL kill anyone Lowfyr dislikes, and Aztechnology who have proven utterly willing to kill people merely for disagreeing with them slightly.
>>
File: akuav.jpg (50KB, 559x557px) Image search: [Google]
akuav.jpg
50KB, 559x557px
>>54000880
WAIT, SAMURAI? LET ME SEE?

>mfw
>>
New 5e player here. Any advice for playing an Orc Rigger?
>>
>>54005361
Swarm or Vehicle?
Defense, Offense or Support? Rank them
What build system (Karma, Sum-To-X, Priority)?
Any modifiers (Primer Runner, Street Scum, etc.)?
Any house rules?
>>
>>54001678

But it makes for great running material. Who caused the accident. A radical ecoterrorist attack, humanis? Big Oil?
>>
>>54005453
Priority system for build, and I'm planning on maintaining a couple heavily modded vehicles and some modded combat and surveillance drones, with dog and bird personalities for the drones.
>>
>>54005558
>a couple heavily modded vehicles and some modded combat and surveillance drones
which of those are you going to prioritize?
Because getting both is going to beyond your allowance. Also: Jumping into vehicles, into drones, into both or neither?
>>
Are there any rules for animal people as a playable race? I am sure I saw something for Shadowing with that, but can't remember.
>>
>>54005612
Jumping into both drones and vehicles as needed. As for nuyen to mod it all, I was going to go with Priority A in nuyen
>>
>>54005657
Shifters or SURGE depending on how furry you are.
>>
>>54005558
Man, I don't know if you can have multiple vehicles, drones, AND mod them. Riggers are usually hit pretty hard for cash even when they stick with one or the other.
>>
>>54005754
450k during chargen is a lot of nuyen
>>
>>54005690
>As for nuyen to mod it all, I was going to go with Priority A in nuyen
How many drones and cars have you envisioned?
>>
>>54005789
2 cars, maybe a bike, and 3-5 drones. 2 combat and 1-3 surveillance.
>>
>>54005657
There's Shapeshifters, which are magical animals that have the ability to transform into a metahuman form. There's Naga, which are sneks with human faces. If you're after furry, then there's changelings.
>>54005690
Even Priority A nuyen will be a struggle. Control Rig is expensive, vehicles are expensive, drones are expensive and fragile as fuck, modifying all of them is atrociously expensive.
>>
>>54005784
Which disappears fast when you account for all the ware, vehicles, the real estate to store them, a place to work on them, drones, and so on chummer.

And that A priority is usually best put into stats or skills, so assuming 450k is in itself a stretch. No one wants a rigger with shiny toys who can't use them worth a damn.
>>
>>54005827
So then I put skills in B slot, and from what the core book says, I'm going to want a bit of cyber defense skill to protect my shit, even with a technomancer covering me, so I put my skill group points into cyber warfare, and the rest into drone and mechanic skills.

How does that sound?
>>
>>54005797
Okay, so you need a RCC with rating at least 2 (so you can slave all your drones to it). It still is advisable to get one with a higher rating (so you can run more than 2 autosofts), so we're looking more into DR 3-5.
The price range for them is between 16k and 68k. Just for the RCC
Additionally if you want to jump into the vehicles and drones you need a Control Rig. Rating of it gives a dpm, increases the handling and speed and reduces vehicle test thresholds. They cost between 43k (R1) and 208k (R3), though the highest you can take at chargen is R2 at 97k
So you are already paying between 59k and 165k, just for being able to keep your drones safe from deckers and being able to jump into them. Autosofts, Noise Reduction and other shit not included

For surveilance you'll probably take Fly-Spys (2k) and for the attack drones a doberman (5k) or a Rotodrone (5k). So just for the drones you already spend around 14k, without any armor mods, weapons or other extras.

Riggers can do either well or both mediocre. So choose what you focus on
>>
>>54005999
Sounds like you can't sneak or lie to save your ass, or even use suppressive fire worth a damn.

And if you think you'll never run into such unexpected situations, Shadowrun is going to treat you poorly.
>>
>>54006057
>>54006076

Thanks for the advice anons. I'll build my character in chummer and post him here.
>>
>>54003478
All my characters have no less than 10 Pilot Groundcraft dice so they can probably pull it off.
>>
>>54006277
Well yeah but Big Smoke has all the accuracy of a one eyed Ork.
>>
>>54006566

Whenever I need a ganger to do a driveby I usually just default to Suppressive fire, but somehow I don't think that'd work in this situation...
>>
Someone said that the mods from the Form Fitted Body Armor doesn't stack or can't be used with mods on your top armor. Something like a rating 6 non-conductivity mod on the body armor wouldn't be counted if you are wearing armor on top of that. Is that true, and where is that ruling?
>>
>>54006742
Considering the gangers are also explosion resistant, throwing a grenade the right way can lead to a horrible misunderstanding and panic. (At least if all those vids involving shooting the train with a tank are to be taken seriously)
>>
File: th[1].jpg (5KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
5KB, 220x200px
>>54000880
That orc in the fish nets.
I'm ready.
>>
If I am running autosofts for the same model of drone, do I need a copy for each drone? And do I need a copy of Cleareye for each drone?
>>
>>54007065
>do I need a copy for each drone? And do I need a copy of Cleareye for each drone?
technically yes, though you can just copy it into each drone or use a RCC and just distribute it to them
>>
>>54007084
Thanks anon
>>
>>54004890
Humanis hates different metas for different reasons.

They hate orks because they threaten to outbreed humanity and become the dominant species. Also they are perceived as dumb and violent. They hate trolls for the same reason, regarding them as big, dumb brutes. Humanis suspects that Orks are also being subversively manipulated by Elves, being pushed to undermine humanity through violence and racial war.

They hate dwarves because they consider them untrustworthy. Dwarves tend to make connections and do business with other dwarves regardless of their ethnicity or culture and some humans suspect that dwarves are all in on some sort of cabal. Also the fact that dwarves tend to make their way into STEM fields more often than not, Humanis suspects that they may be secretly working to undermine humanity through economic and scientific means. Money spent on dwarven goods is money taken out of a hard-working human's pocket.

And finally, Humanis hates elves because they think the elven nations are part of a long-running illuminati-like plot to rule over humans through shadow governments and culture-warring. Anybody who subscribes to elven culture, race-mixes with elves, and supports elven politics is stupidly playing into hands of immortal beings who barely see humans as blips on the map, little more than short-lived animals.
>>
File: wallhaven-331295.jpg (697KB, 2048x857px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-331295.jpg
697KB, 2048x857px
>>54007473
>Humanis hates elves because they think the elven nations are part of a long-running illuminati-like plot to rule over humans through shadow governments and culture-warring.
Busted clock's gotta be right at least once a day, I guess.
>>
>>54006057
How does this look anon?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwveEGL3ahxJbi0wQS1sZWcwMEk/view?usp=sharing
>>
Has your runner done a run against the Azzies?
>>
>>54000880
Trogs should be rounded up and gassed.
>>
>>54008743
Don't be a pussy. Do it yourself if you feel so strongly about it.
>>
>>54009037
But I am. Though I am partial to a more hands on approach.
>>
>>54008660
My runners did a job to extract the head of security of the Azzie building in Manhattan. To cover it up, they detonated 10 rating 25 bombs in the dudes office as he escaped. The authorities assumed that the guy must've been vaporized, because they couldn't find any remains.

Believe me, they are on a most wanted list for that shit.
>>
I'm a long time dnd and wod player/gm with a little experience in various other systems.
Let's say I bought the fifth edition shadowrun rulebook on a whim because I want to cyberpunk with my players.
How do I not fuck it up and scare them off or the genre or the rules forever?
What are some of the pitfalls of your first game?
what should i know going on? How important is the meta plot? We said fuck the wod metaplot.
Does the game lend itself to be run seriously and edgy like ghost in the shell or tongue in cheek and campy like Transmetropolitan?
>>
>>54009037
>>54009079
You guys do know that goblinisation hasn't happened yet, right? It's important to me that you know this.
>>
File: Acting.jpg (19KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Acting.jpg
19KB, 620x349px
>>54009713
Autism
>>
>>54003694
Why would they do that?
>>
>>54007473
How does Humanis feel about the actual illuminati though?
>>
>>54009713
Yeah, and it won't happen at all if there's no one left to goblinize on account of the fact that they've all been gassed. That's basic logic, Yekka, try to keep up.
>>
>>54010042
I'm not sure if technomancers are that well known on the public scale, but technomancers, much like magicians, could fuck with sports super hard.

Lots of sports employ cybered athletes as well as tertiary employees. Imagine a boxing match where a technomancer can fuck with his opponent's cyberarms as he tries to throw a punch. Or maybe a technomancer can mess with the umpire's eyes during a baseball game, ensuring he is misses those super important close calls. They could make vehicles malfunction during a game of urban brawl, or simply shut down the more modern guns of an opposing team in Desert Wars. And worst of all, there is no real way to prove they are or aren't doing it, both because they have no tells and because public perception barely knows how technomancers work outside of speculated fiction that is based around them (much like magicians).
>>
>>54010089
Do you really think that the actual illuminati is within Humanis paygrade?
>>
>>54010089
At this point, they'd suspect that if there was an illuminati it was being run and/or manipulated by dragons and elves, both of whom they have a massive inferiority complex towards.
>>
>>54010139
They'd probably be shocked to learn that it is a 100% home grown human organization.

Though, I don't remember Humanis' stance on wizards. So maybe they'd still have beef.
>>
>>54009713
We just gotta start genetic screening. Both for goblinization and UGE.
>>
File: 43374967_p0_master1200.jpg (317KB, 656x1200px) Image search: [Google]
43374967_p0_master1200.jpg
317KB, 656x1200px
>>54010233

That still raises the question of "How do you know what genetic markers will express as metahuman?"

Until the mana kicks back in, it's all unexpressed junk DNA and you would have no way to tell which is regular human or not.
>>
God, I fucking hate priority builds. Character creation is such a fucking hot mess.
>>
Is there any place to get a hold of the German pdfs? I am willing to google translate for the stuff I want.
>>
>>54010948
Pegasus has an online store.
Pegasusdigital or something like that.
>>
>>54010948
I think they're with the rest of the English books in the pastebin from the OP.
>>
>>54006762
By RAW, a piece of armor only contributes its mods if it contributes to the global armor score.

So in the case of the Second Skin it should be kosher, since its a "6/+2" equipment.
>>
>>54010923
Then use karma build or sum to 10 or life module and quit crying. Faggot.
>>
>>54009712
Giving everybody their time to shine. This is really big. I like to give everybody a chance to do their thing, so if you have a decker, give him some stuff to hack and/or possible leads for him. Give your face the option to talk to people.

Letting people play terrible characters, I will explain a bit on this. One of the first characters I had seen been created was somebody who had 1 point in literally every skill, for a staggering dice pool of 2-6 for everything. Literally everything. This is obviously not a good idea. Make sure they understand what archetype they want to play and then guide them how to be decent. 12 dice pool is good for a skill you wish to focus in, anything above that is better, obviously.

Another thing - a lot of DMs don't learn the Matrix. To be honest, the game runs a lot faster without it, but if you have a player that wants to be HACKERMANG then learn it to fluency and make sure they do as well, and if they don't, tell them to change characters. Also, don't allow Technomancers as a first character, because they require advanced knowledge of both the system and the matrix that brand new players don't have.

Last but not least, don't let any player through with an attribute of 1. This means that they cannot default on any skills associated with that attribute. They can have a 2 if they want, but a 1 is a no-go.
>>
>>54009712
first
DO NOT BUY SR BOOKS
DO NOT GIVE CGL MONEY
ALL BOOKS ARE IN THE OP PASTEBIN
that said, second: Go into the pastebin, download the "GM Advice" pdf and read it
>>
>>54009712

If someone makes a melee character, let them get into some awesome swordfights. Or fistfights.
>>
>>54010948
You can also get them through Drivethrurpg if you look for them.

That's how I got State of the Art ADL, and got to polishing up my very rusty language skills.
>>
I have a character concept for a street samurai/infiltrator bumping around in my head, but I'm not sure how far I want to min-max it, and I'm not particularly good at optimizing in 5e either.
What is the highest possible bonus to Escape Artist, or indeed the most bonuses to flexibility, contortionism and fitting into small spaces that can be racked up without being Awakened? If someone can whip up a completely min-maxed build, I can just dial it back to being sensible instead of making it from scratch.
I originally slapped together a background - https://pastebin.com/PM3tivYW - for a 3e NPC, but I don't see that kind of character often and figured I could get some help with optimizing if I ever end up playing it.
>>
>>54011718
Not the other guy, but I haven't looked at sr5 for a long time and I've just got back in the hopes of running a game.

I understand that karma build is the standard from sr4 and that sum to 10 is about choosing priorities that add up to 10, but what's life module?
>>
>>54012232
On a related note, it's a lot easier to start off with a game that is more pink mohawk and ramp up the trenchcoat as they go after bigger and more dangerous targets, than it is to do the reverse.

Let the PCs get messy and cut loose, and then find out as the game goes on how tight you need to twist the screws.
>>
>>54012232
>tactical cyber-buttplug included in the futuristic armor's plastic thong
I take iot this artist doesn't finish jerking off before he draws shit.
>>
>>54014110
Life Modules are basically picking packs that represent your character's life -nationality, childhood, schooling, previous jobs, etc. Each is a set of skills, qualities, and other bonuses and penalties, which gets rounded out at the end with extra karma/cash.

Good for RP, terrible for making a quality character. Stats are all over the place.
>>
>>54014147
I see. Sounds like the right alley for a group that just asked me to GM, I'll look into it. Thanks man
>>
>>54014177
The modules are all over the place; a bunch in Run Faster where the system came out, and a couple in each splat since then.

I recommend going through it with the players for the fluff (especially if they aren't familiar with the Sixth World) to develop character concepts, then build the characters afterwards with Sum to 10. Because no yolk, Life Module characters are some hot garbage, and you can never get them close to what you have in mind.
>>
>>54014241
>The modules are all over the place; a bunch in Run Faster where the system came out, and a couple in each splat since then.
I'll compile them in a single document then, seems like it'd make things a bit faster.

>I recommend going through it with the players for the fluff (especially if they aren't familiar with the Sixth World) to develop character concepts, then build the characters afterwards with Sum to 10. Because no yolk, Life Module characters are some hot garbage, and you can never get them close to what you have in mind.

Ah, I see. They are all new to anything that isn't D&D, so I'll take your advice on this.
Although the characters being underpowered doesn't bother me too much, I was planning on having them start at street level so I could introduce complexity in their runs a little bit at a time.
I think I'll make a few characters and see how much they lag behind compared to sum to 10, if I deem them acceptable I'll just give my players some extra karma to round up stats after the modules.
>>
>>54014558
It's not that the characters are underpowered compared to canon characters, it's that the module system doesn't produce a coherent result. You take the things that should end up making a decker, and you get very little in terms of useful equipment and skills, and a lot of negative qualites.

As for ramping up, I recommend not using the street level rules; build standard characters and start them in the fiction at street level, doing Food Fight and other stuff. The 2D Storytime is a good showcase for that; complexity ramps up over time, but the players could actually make cool characters like an orc street sam with rocket feet and not be stuck gimped (because SR doesn't work great for getting signifciantly more capable in-game).
>>
>>54012170
It's too late. I like holding pages. I'll distribute pdfs to my players. This company suck dick or something?
>>
>>54014842
Tons of. And they never fucking learn.
>>
>>54014626
Damn, that sucks. I'll have to rethink some things, then. Thanks for all the advice man, you helped me a lot
>>
>>54014842
search for "CGL Coleman Embezzling"
>>
>>54014884
You can start them at a lower power level, but you must not do it using the "street level" rules. Somewhere in the core book there are "street scum" rules that are much more balanced. Or use sum-to-8 or something.

In short, the "street-level" rules penalize nuyen far more than karma. This causes a huge discrepancy in between the power of mages and adepts (largely dependent on karma) vs deckers, riggers, and street samurai (nuyen hungry)
>>
Would a Pixie be allowed to serve in the Tir Tangerine military despite not being issued SINs, given that they're still considered members of society? Like even if it's in 'squad mascot' form?
>>
File: 1486244125371.jpg (206KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486244125371.jpg
206KB, 1000x800px
What would some good special forces units for a runner to defect from? I'm thinking making a gunbunny, with a bit of bit of magic on the side
>>
>>54016218
>can non-elf be in the military of the elf only club
>>
>>54007978
Anyone got any criticism for this character? I have never played SR before
>>
>>54016863
>elf only
Non Elves are allowed, they're just discriminated against
>>
>>54017185
If that's the case, then it'd need to be an incredibly well-qualified Pixie to get in.
>>
>>54015242
Street scum and sum-to-8 seem pretty good, thanks. I'll ponder on this.

I still really like the idea of the module system, though. Sorry if I seem too much into this thing, I just feel like it'd be lots of fun; this group loves characterisation, it'd be right up their alley.
If you were to "fix it", what would you do? Give some extra karma in the last stage to specialize?
>>
File: 11937a-57294cada7a3e.jpg (77KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
11937a-57294cada7a3e.jpg
77KB, 400x300px
Drones with FEV sensor array

Yay or Nay ?
>>
>>54014873
>>54012170
Well. My book just came in the mail. What a piece of horseshit. The binding is completely off center and already ripping out from the spine after literally 15 minutes of leafing through it. Should I return it for a new one or are all of them this shoddily put together?
>>
>>54017298
Get a refund and print out the .pdfs if you absolutely need a hardcopy.
>>
>>54016365
Literally every country, and some corporations, have special forces. A notable one with specific flavor for being slightly magical is the Tir Ghosts, but they're all elves and they probably don't let people just quit.
>>
Vindicator german rules please ?
>>
>>54017180
Chummer, print that character to pdf and post it here
>>
>>54017272
If you don't mind the extra work, take the other anon's suggestion and remake their characters using sum-to-10 AFTER they build them with modules for narrative purposes. They don't even have to know if you're the type of GM who holds character sheets. Just say you cleaned up their sheets and fixed some things.
>>
>>54016365
Where does the campaign take place?
>if UCAS, come from CAS if you want to be White/Black/Asian, Sioux if you want to be Native American, Aztlan if Hispanic,
>if any where else, come from UCAS

Then you can make your desertion seem like there could be other things in play. Maybe you're in deep cover or something, or have ulterior motives come into play.
>>
>>54000880
good to see tarantino's still alive in the 6th world
>>
File: 1444156501405.jpg (201KB, 640x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1444156501405.jpg
201KB, 640x1200px
>>54018717
In the California Free State. Crew is cleaning out the Yakuza that didn't leave after the nips got thrown out.

>>54017430
I was thinking of playing an ork, which probably wouldn't jive with the knife ears. Any other neat units? Where would I go to read up on corp/national spec-ops?
>>
I have a hard time grasping the spells.

Does the target of a Control Thoughts get to resist when the spell is cast, and then additional resist tests on their turn?
>>
>>54019086
UCAS it is.
>>
>>54000880
My Street Sam is a PhysAd with a mono-wire whip. He doesn't swear by companies so much as swear at them. He's a crazy homeless guy who may at one point a long time ago have been a company man for one of the big ten. He goes by Stinky, although that's not what he chose for himself.
>>
>>54019668
Yes. they get to resist when it is cast.
Each turn after they get to resist as well, and all the hits they get stack up until they beat the mages initial net hits.
Eg:
Magic Mike wants to brain control Street Sam Sally, he initially gets 7 hits on his roll because edge, Sally only gets 2. Magic Mike's net hits are 5
Next turn, Sally gets to resist again and rolls 3 hits this time, not enough to break free yet, but she's getting there.
Turn after that, Sally resists once more and gets 4 hits because she decided to edge the roll. Her total resistance hits are 7, which is higher than Mike's initial net hits of 5. Sally breaks free, and is probably also going to break Mike.
>>
>>54017272
One way to do it is to strip it down to the narrative and suggested qualities - if you're going to compile it all anyways, copy only the fluff and put a listing for suggested negative and positive qualities under each one. Let them write down the ones they want, and from there winnow it down to enough to fit the 25 karma limit. Then use that as a base to build with Sumto10. Qualities are where you get most of the characterization - max out skills and attributes in the stuff they want to do (WoD rules where costs are flat at chargen and exponential in game, so build narrow and deep), toss in one of the multiple gear packs available through Chummer, and you're 90% of the way to a character.
>>
>>54020388
Thanks chummer.
>>
Are any of you interested in a pbp shadowrun discord game? I'm gming one, but we need more two more dudes. This'll be my first time gming, so you'd have to bear with me, but I'll try my best.
>>
>>54021032
Which edition?
>>
>>54021174
5th edition.
>>
>>54017277
Sorry i meant FAB

too much fallout lately
>>
File: Gel rounds.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Gel rounds.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>54000880

My group consists of bodymodification adept, summoner aspected wizard, infiltrator decker, and overly protective rigger-face-group's (usually) sane man. The last one became our group's honorary sammy after last session.

Situation was grim - unexpected mage burned our shapeshifter with aura reading, decker got hit with some nasty biofeedback on-site, and mage was tasered while trying to help out other team members. Rigger had a small breakdown, seeing how his plan led the team into this. Without thinking too much he speedballed some drugs, grabbed his drone turrets and with some string and duct tape managed to fit them on his harness. Then he started running first towards and then through the building we were penetrating while clanking slightly - with his turrets jellying everything that did not look like our team.

He managed to fire a few hundred gel rounds, crashed down hard after drugs wore off, had three drones shot off off him, took down a bunch of civilians and a dozen or so corpsec. The footage of a drugged out madman literally covered with drones trying to shoot everything made it to the evening news with headlines asking whether the mysterious "Spraycupine" was a next-gen soldier gone rogue, militant transhumanist, or some kind of a marketing ploy.

The team is now trying to come up with a new street name for him, before he wakes up.
>>
>>54021032
By play-by-post do you mean that it will be text based, but with regular sessions, or that it will be played in a distributed fashion.
>>
>>54021282
I'm interested.
Kondou#9180
>>
>>54021405

To do what? Detect magic?
>>
>>54021579
Sent you a friend request, I'm Vipersocks#1284
>>
File: SR 5 Vindicator.jpg (48KB, 614x273px) Image search: [Google]
SR 5 Vindicator.jpg
48KB, 614x273px
>>54017567
>Miniguns verfügen über mehrere rotierende Läufe,
mit denen sie atemberaubende Kadenzen erreichen können. Miniguns
können nur im vollautomatischen Modus feuern, in dem sie 15
statt der üblichen 10 Kugeln abfeuern. Rückstoß- und Verteidigungsmodifi
kator betragen jeweils -14. Wenn eine Minigun für Sperrfeuer
verwendet wird, feuert sie 30 statt der üblichen 20 Kugeln ab. Die
Regeln für Sperrfeuer ändern sich nicht, abgesehen davon, dass
ein Charakter, der vom Sperrfeuer einer Minigun getroffen wird, den
1,5-fachen Grundschaden der Waffe (aufgerundet) erleidet.
- You can only fire in FullAuto, with 15 bullets being used and recoil/dodge mod being 14

- If you are using the gun for surpressive fire, 30 instead of 20 bullets while be used. The rest of the rules stay the same, except that a target that gets hit by this takes 1.5 times the base weapon damage (rounded up).

Yes, this means SF with 14k / -4 Ap. Might actually be worth trying to get this weapon.

Funfact: There is a (giant) spider drone in the State of the Art ADL that sports two of these.
Might be fun to see how your runners react to this, especially if one surpresses and the other one uses targeted fire on the victims.
>>
Can players summon shadow spirits? If so what tradition?
>>
>>54022924
Are shadow spirits even a thing?
>>
>>54022976
They're listed on the wiki with summoning values. But I'm a new player and still unsure on some mechanics
>>
>>54022924
Shadow spirits follow the rules for free spirits as outlined on p 204 in Street Grimoire.
>>
>>54023057
Can anyone summon a "free spirit"?
>>
>>54023078
To call forth a free spirit, the summoner must possess the spirit formula and concentrate on the spirit. The spirit will be drawn to the formula and manifest nearby, usually with a bad temper. This summoning generates no services, but no roll is required, and the summoner suffers no Drain.
>>
>>54023119
Ohh I see. Thanks anon!
>>
>>54023229
you probably won't get much use out of shadow spirits anyways. They're kinda dicks.
>>
>>54000880
4e question - arsenal page 45 on the Mortimer of London Berwick line
The dinner jacket version, which is more expensive, provides less protection, whereas the cheaper suit jacket version provides more, for less nuyen, with no downside?
What am I missing? Or is it just that the dinner jacket looks nicer?
>>
>>54023412
I'm guessing it's for when that one point of Ballistic would get you over the limit and give a penalty
So you have one combo with shirt, trousers and dinner vest would give 4/3, while the one with the suit jacket would give 3/3
Also a dinner Jacket is larger than a Suit jacket.
That's at least my interpretation
>>
>>54023585
The encumbrance value would make sense.
I bought both anyway, it wouldn't be right for James Bond expy to lack either.
>>
>>54023585
wow, I should go to bed
switch the suit and dinner jackets in the calculation and ignore the third line

>>54023599
It's just 250 nY, that is acceptable
>>
Post female trolls, I need inspiration for my troll biosam.
>>
File: 1482026378915.png (479KB, 715x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1482026378915.png
479KB, 715x1010px
>>54023686
I'll post what I find
>>
File: 1455327459377.jpg (531KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1455327459377.jpg
531KB, 700x990px
>>
>>54023412
Not a 4e player but most places a suit coat would be appropriate a dinner jacket would not, and vice versa.
>>
File: 1455330400653.jpg (53KB, 365x892px) Image search: [Google]
1455330400653.jpg
53KB, 365x892px
>>
>>54023775
You're correct, I was so into numbers that I hadn't managed to step back into the rp part of the game.
>>
File: 1479571319099.jpg (237KB, 962x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1479571319099.jpg
237KB, 962x1600px
>>
File: 1482903929302.png (683KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482903929302.png
683KB, 1280x1024px
>>
File: 1473825772235.jpg (301KB, 448x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473825772235.jpg
301KB, 448x800px
>>
File: 1479720828667.jpg (37KB, 300x349px) Image search: [Google]
1479720828667.jpg
37KB, 300x349px
>>
File: 1453886137276.png (803KB, 743x506px) Image search: [Google]
1453886137276.png
803KB, 743x506px
>>
>>54023801
I remember seeing this picture on tumblr. I think some faggot was complaining that her boobs were too big.
>>
File: 1473712731881.jpg (156KB, 789x510px) Image search: [Google]
1473712731881.jpg
156KB, 789x510px
>>54023987
>Trolls
>Having boobs TOO big
What a faggot he was
>>
Well that's it
If I should have any more pictures of trolls then I don't see them
Hope you enjoyed those ones, Omae
>>
File: 1411007995795.jpg (81KB, 492x705px) Image search: [Google]
1411007995795.jpg
81KB, 492x705px
>>54024005
>looks like spinal surgery is still important in the 6th world
>as if a troll wouldn't have the strength to carry huge tits around

Shit, even humans or dorfs would be able to go around with troll sized tits with cyber or bioware.
>>
4ed question regarding how long it takes to search for items:

So, if i want to purchase an item with availability X, it has an availability interval of 1 day, and it takes me three days (rolls) to reach the required threshold ... How many hours per day do i actually have to spend searching for the thing and how many hours do i have left to code new programs, swap gear over from one drone to another, keep up my matrix presence in the data havens i frequent, and chill on the couch watching the latest pirated trids?
>>
File: Shiawase Logo Redesign.png (152KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shiawase Logo Redesign.png
152KB, 1200x900px
>>54019086
You could be from Shiawase's Marketing Information and Forecasting Department; they stayed mostly at arm's length during the Protectorate, doing information work. Maybe you found out something that meant you couldn't stay with Shiawase, maybe you found out something that meant you didn't want to stay with Shiawase. Maybe you decided to stay behind and make sure nobody else found something, even if it meant formally going ronin.
>>
>>54024109
I'd personally say it's about a third of the day, so 8 hours, though that is just my ruling.
I'd also rule that while asking though suppliers, storage and distributers takes some amount of concentration you can do small stuff beside it.
The CRB says:
>Interruptions
>Unless otherwise noted, characters who are pursuing
>Extended Tests can break off from their work and return to it
>at a later time with no penalty. Th e gamemaster must keep track
>of how much accumulated time the character spends on the
>task, calling for a test once the time equals the interval period.
So I'd say you can take small breaks as long as you work 8 hours per day asking people for the gear
>>
File: Troll Thigh-Crushing.jpg (186KB, 1120x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Thigh-Crushing.jpg
186KB, 1120x1280px
>>54023686
>>
>>54024224
But is "break off and return" mean that, 2 hours + 2 hours + 4 hours is close enough to count as a whole day's work? leaving me with ~8 useful hours left in an average day to spend on other things? (assuming that other 8 hours includes some down time)
>>
>>54023686
>I need inspiration for my troll biosam
... to jerk off to?
>>
>>54024435
I'd say yes.
So you can work 8 hours straight on getting it
You can split it into two intervals of 4 hours length
You can split it like you did.
As long as that time is in one day. (And longer than 1 hour each, but that's just preference)

But again: This is just my interpretation
Another could be: Make the test when you have spent the day mostly doing that thing (this would leave you with almost no free time)
>>
>>54024562
mmmm, does that mean i can look for two things at once? 8 hours search + 8 hours search + 8 hours sleep (or 6 hours sleep 2 hours "empty time/watching trids")

idk. part of me thinks i'm being a little autistic about all this desu and should just ask my GM "dude, is this reasonable as long as i don't pull too many 16 hour days multiple weeks in a row?"
>>
>>54024621
Also i really should have invested in a sleep regulator during character gen... but hindsight's a bitch isn't she.
>>
>>54024621
I'd personally rule that you can't search for two things at once, but if you could I would give you a -2 penalty on the second search (need to keep both sets of contacts in mind, overlap in being contacted, stress from spending 16 hours looking for stuff, etc.)
>>
>>54024465
Nah if I wanted to jerk off, I'd ask for elves. Then again my biosam is supposed to be a Fomorian so maybe subconsciously I want to jerk off to her.
>>
>>54024758
mmmmm

I'm more thinking is 8 hours enough time to count as "1 day" whilst I also put in 2 hours of drone repairs, 2 hours of loading/unloading software, and then 2 hours to go to that damn home owners association meeting (living by committee, lol) Still leaves me with 6 hours sleep, 2 hours to watch a trid on the couch and 4 hours nebulous "void time" eating/shitting/checking the news/bloggers/social media etc.
>>
>>54024107
Yeah, but she'd have to blow all the money she made from Shadowrunning on custom-fitted bras.
>>
>>54025154
Naw dude. Muscle replacement and bone lacing have her covered.
>>
>>54025191
You can't just have the girls hang loose. Doesn't matter how strong you are, it's just uncomfortable past a certain size.
>>
>>54025285
Orthoskin support.
>>
>>54025354
So your plan is to implant an underwire? You could do it, but it would ruin the shape of them and limit what you could wear.
>>
>>54025453
Naw dude, orthoskin's not an underwire.

Maybe you should read up on the game's lore and mechanics before you start posting.
>>
>>54023763
>thin
>human sized
>small mouth/tusks
>symmetrical
>small horns
>Barely any dermal deposits

Elf in trogface confirmed. Stop the orxploitation and stay in your lane please.
>>
>>54025504
>small horns
STOP HORN SHAMING
BEAUTIFUL AT ANY SIZE
>>
>>54025480
I know what orthoskin is. It's not the same as a fucking bra, it does nothing to provide support for your breasts, the entire point of orthoskin is that it's practically indistinguishable from regular skin. I assumed you were trying to connect a game concept you vaguely understood to a problem you don't understand. Now I know you're just an idiot.
>>
>>54025539
Uh, typical elf privilege response. When your too big to fit through your apartment door and you can't get a job as anything but a bouncer, then come talk to me.
>>
>>54025555
>resists damage by being tougher than normal skin
>Is indistinguishable
Yeah, naw. You're just making up bullshit because your autism can't handle fantasy.
>>
>>54000880
Is anyone else reminded of Salt and Pepper by the two chicks in OP's pic?
>>
File: Drink Up.png (125KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Drink Up.png
125KB, 400x700px
>>54025831
>A web of biofibers in the skin provides the equivalent of personal armor while being virtually indistinguishable from natural skin.

literally has never read the book
>>
>>54021032
I'll play too, but I need a timezone
>>
>>54021032
I'll play if I have the time. Like >>54026075 I'll need a timezone, as I'm aussie.

What are the others playing? Its my first time playing shadowrun and I'll fill any roll needed, but I'd prefer to play a sammie/rigger.
>>
>>54025989
>biofibers providing the equivalent of personal armor.

Exactly the fucking point. It provides structural support, or it's fucking useless against impacts and blunt trauma.

>Literally too autistic to extrapolate beyond what is literally spelled out.
>>
File: Catalyst 850000 missing.jpg (365KB, 1542x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Catalyst 850000 missing.jpg
365KB, 1542x1169px
>>54014919
>>54014842
>>
File: Autism.jpg (56KB, 448x609px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
56KB, 448x609px
>>54026242
You're off the charts. Something is literally spelled out and you insist that it is not so. What you want, you incredibly foolish person, is dermal plating, which you could fluff as having a breastpiece that supported an enormous pair of tits. Orthoskin literally just makes your skin tougher to damage, it provides no 'structural support' to any part of the body.
>>
>>54026375
So I just read through this post chain and are you guys literally arguing over the mechanics of bioware enhancements ability to prevent back pain from super huge tits?

Like, how are you guys taking this so seriously and getting so upset over it?
>>
>>54026375

>Can remove own head
>Runs over innocent joggers
>Breakdances
>Fights off huge trolls
>Throws midgets
>Fed a man his commlink
>Constantly prepared for buttsex

mfw my most recent streetsam fills half the list.
>>
File: Heresy Suppressed.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy Suppressed.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>54026435
If anon wants to jerk off to an imaginary character that is itself more imaginary than the typical imaginary character people on this board jerk off to, then by God he will learn the relevant mechanics and theorycraft correctly!
>>
>>54026565
Man, boob mechanics are complicated.
>>
>>54027057
This is why flat is justice.
>>
>>54026435
You clearly missed the entire 300+ post thread about boobs that we blew through in a couple hours a few weeks ago.
>>
File: 6lmPaoN.jpg (152KB, 778x1466px) Image search: [Google]
6lmPaoN.jpg
152KB, 778x1466px
>>54027541
Fuck, dont remind me.
>>
>>54027541
Or Sleeping Tiger, Logic 1, street samurai codes, etc.
>>
>>54028707
Shadowrun in a nutshell really.
>>
>>54023307
Eh you never know... Ace up your sleeve and all that...

>Hey, Wraith, bro', there's those two gangs having a meet downstairs and we really don't want them to collaborate. They're all yours, have fun!
>>
>>54028707
>few pics of trolls
>even fewer female trolls
>formorian trolls may as well not exist

Of course I would want to play something that theres few pictures of. Guess I'll have to play an orcfu then.
>>
>>54029036
>formorian trolls may as well not exist
Dumbass, the only difference between a Fomorian and standard troll is the height and lack of dermal deposits. If they don't look like a jagged rock, then they're candidates for Fomorian or cosmetic mods.
>>
>>54029924
Fomorians have smaller horns, no dermal deposits, are shorter in height, and don't smell like rhino musk.

If you want to find art that could pass for Fomorian trolls, look for 'Tiefling' or 'Qunari' art and just delete the tails and/or change the skin colour.

Pic related.
>>
>>54030020
I said no dermal deposits. Shorter in height, not lithe like a elf. Smell does not translate into art, either.

>The fomorian metavariant possess the standard thermographic vision, increased muscular bulk, pronounced horns, and enlarged lower canines of the primary subspecies.

Doesn't say smaller horns.

>The average fomori is only 2.35 meters in height, and ninety-fve percent of the adult population falls within ten centimeters of this average.

That's not much variation from the standard troll's 250cm average, either.
>>
>>54030052
Dunno why there's so few pictures of the metavariants with the except of Oni and maybe Dryad.
>>
Yekka, problem with the latest nightly. Limits are now based on your attribute MAXIMUM, not their actual values.
>>
>>54030544
Same goes for free contact points at chargen.
>>
Surely the awakening for Centaurs must have occured in the same way as UGE.

So how did the first horse breeders to have centaurs born in their stables react? Must've been a lot of awkward suspicions
>>
>>54031463
Just be thankful it's the top half that looks human.
>>
>>54031463
It's an interesting question, but not one that anyone at CGL has thought of.
The original metahumans and metavariants were fairly detailed and with a good chunk of fluff that allowed them to interact naturally with the setting in spite of being very different, and you generally had a good idea of how the members tended to live, act and be treated.
Nowadays, it's literally just as simple as a furfag freelancer writing a statblock and plopping it in, and if you're lucky, you get two and not one paragraph of fluff, of which one paragraph describes why they're special and the second describes the cool shit they can do.
Metahumans and metavariants started as a good device to include the alien, the foreign and the feeling of inevitable cultural change in Shadowrun, elements that are important to cyberpunk but can be hard to maintain in a roleplaying game where everyone plays hardboiled operators or alternately a howling loony squad - the idea that this could happen to you, your child or your best friends, that it's permanent, that no one knows the exact extent of the changes and that it's something that requires you to reconsider your place in society no matter if you goblinized or not made it good social horror and good at bringing out the mood of the Sixth World, because FASA bothered making the metahumans a part of the setting and treating them like people.
When SURGE and later CGL and their epidemic metasapients poured in, these things lost value - CGL neglected anything to do with setting background, fluff and culture, instead just throwing shoddy excuses for mage supremacy into the metaplot, and because nothing has been done to make these new snowflakes part of the setting in a believable way, you end up with a setting that by now has basically just become a lazy modern fantasy young adult novel of the kind where every main character is some kind of special fairy and the revenge fantasies, wish-fulfillment and pubescent alienation are in plain sight.
>>
>>54031598
tl:dr
>>
>>54031784
Poorly implemented crap to appease vocal minorities; news at 11.
>>
>>54031598
It's amazing what happens when you stop paying writers.
>>
>>54031598
CGL has basically been rehashing third edition for people who hated fourth edition and don't care (or at the very least will still fork out cash while complaining) about editorial quality.
>>
I honestly like metasapients, but I agree: it's frustrating that their entire lore is reduced to at most two paragraph snippets. It's also frustrating that they haven't released new setting books for half of the countries because with all the shit they've been adding I don't think it makes sense to use the 2e Tir Taingire book for a 5e game set there.
>>
can shapeshifter even cast in their animal form?
>>
>>54032610
Unless they have a geas that would be incompatible with their animal form, there's no reason why not.
>>54030544
Shouldn't be, code is set as
return string.Format("{0} / {1} ({2})", TotalMinimum, TotalMaximum, TotalAugmentedMaximum);

Can you show me an example?
>>
>>54032610
Generally speaking yes. The only think required to cast a spell is the link: natural sight or physical touch with the target.

There might be specific circumstances for individual spells/situations making it impossible.
>>
So lets say i have Shock Weave in my jacket and Shock Glove on
If I engage in a clinch does that mean I can hit a guy twice with the electricity?
>>
>>54033203

If I'd be GMing that situation I'd be fair and treat it like a burst fire DV bonus. Or something along those lines.
>>
>>54033371
For what ? Shock Weave happens automatically as part of the Clinch. Shock Glove is another touch as free action and there is simple action to shoot a weapon with stick-n-shock
Oh man I'm so doing this. Electro is reborn
>>
>>54033566
You can only make one attack action per initiative pass, unless you use a multiple attack free action and split your dice pool.
>>
File: nNUDuXe.jpg (163KB, 1335x598px) Image search: [Google]
nNUDuXe.jpg
163KB, 1335x598px
>>54033566
RAW are explicit about only allowing one attack per target per initiative pass. If one of my players came to me with this I would offer one attack at the larger DV + half the smaller DV rounded down.
>>
>>54033588
It's not an attack though. It's the same as someone standing in a fire or a cloud of Neurostun.
>>
>>54033588
But I'm making only 1 attack an that is fire weapon
Is clinch an attack? Is Shove and Push an attack?
The Damage from Shock Wave happens automatically and Subduing allows to deal damage as free action without any test. So you can inflict damage twice for each pass you maintain the grapple
Clinch would be the same just with shock gloves
>>
>>54033885
And why I continue to think about it
How about Elemental Body
So I can take Elemental Body(Fire) and grapple someone with my Shock Weave clothing.
Then on the next initiative pass spend complex action to maintain it and deal damage thrice
Elemental Body+Shock Weave+ Free Action Strenght Stun and I have made no attacks whatsoever
>>
>>54033936
>>54033885
And any GM worth their salt would call you out on tiptoeing around the word "attack" as much as humanly possible, and suggest something more reasonable such as >>54033705 even if technically RAW allows it.
>>
>>54033936
If you wanna be "that guy" so badly just start spamming pepper punch grenades
>>
>>54033936
If you want to be super munchkinmode about it actually, take Rapid Draw since you're already an adept. You don't actually need to spend a Free Action to do the subduing damage, it's part of the grapple, so you still have your free action, during which you can quick draw and fire a gun due to Rapid draw. If you get perfect time you get an extra free action, you can then drop the gun you just fired.
So you need to spend a Complex Action each action phase to maintain the grapple which deals your Elemental Body+Shock Weave+STR in Stun, at which point you quickdraw a taser and shock a motherfucker again, then drop it.
Just have a lot of tasers and high init and you can do this 3-4 times per round.
>>
>>54034117
This is so stupid but it works
I love it !
>>
>>54034159
Although it does work and I find it hilarious to break shadowrun on paper, I'm pretty sure anyone would slap your shit if you actually tried this at the table.
>>
So, for a slippery infiltrator type do you think I should build adept, ware, or edgemaster mundane?
>>
>>54034360
Depends on how much of a dick your GM is in regards to 'ware.
If they have cyberware scanners everywhere and watcher spirits patroling every location, the only real way to go is Adept .
Thankfully, most GMs aren't that black trenchcoat super operator.
Either can work in most situations, adepts have Traceless Walk which is nice, 'ware users find it easier to boost their attributes/have lockpick fingers/etc.
Usually the rule of thumb is taht adepts can have higher dicepools, but 'ware provides more utility functions.
>>
>>54034408
A spirit will notice your adept aura long before be knows specifically what cyberware you have in you and whether or not it's legal.
>>
Do you ever include sex in your games? Given how much of the fluff and lore is dedicated to sex, prostitution, and all that.
>>
Do vehicles in rigger 5.0 come with their 'standard equipment' already included in the price of purchase? If so, does that include the "standard equipment" listed in their text desctmripitions, ow only what's listed in the standard equipment section of their stat boxes?
>>
>>54034519
The issue is moreso that the spirit will notice your aura at all, and mundanes have no way of detecting a non-manifested spirit.
>>
>>54034760
Included in price, if something is mentioned but not included then mention it to your GM and 99% of the time they will realize it was CGL fucking up and give it to you.
>>
File: IMG_0555.jpg (32KB, 750x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0555.jpg
32KB, 750x164px
Did someone legitimately think this was funny?
>>
>>54034761
If you're not using steamers and Astral Powder, I don't know what you're doing. Or just shuffling around inside a cardboard box.
>>
>>54034810
Probably.
>>
>>54034810
Need to sneak rfids into some guards to track their location? Well, wage slaves love food trucks right?
>>
>>54034638

One run involved investigating the sex trade to recover a kidnapped girl. They asctually went to a whorehouse and two of the runners hired prostuitutes while they were they(only one actually fucked theirs though)
>>
I love having melee as an option as a samurai (swords are quieter and don't need to reload), but I just can't get over how few modifications they have.

When I throw a totally bitchin' Renraku Red Samurai captain at my runners when I GM, I want his daisho to be appropriately totally bitchin', but there's just nothing for that.
>>
>>54035157

Adding a layer of customization at the weapon end of melee when you already have so many options at the ware end would surly break things. Balance is already tenuous at best.
>>
>>54035157
So make it yourself, chummer
>>
>>54035219
The laziest response.
>>
>>54035248
Hey, at least I added a picture. I'm contributing.
>>
>>54035248
He's not wrong, though.
>>
File: Missile Mastery.gif (4MB, 240x129px) Image search: [Google]
Missile Mastery.gif
4MB, 240x129px
>>54035282
It's like saying the sky is blue; technically not incorrect, but entirely useless to anyone with a very basic grasp of the situation. Game is shit, so you should work to make it not shit.
>>
>>54035282
It's also not super helpful either.
>>
File: 3.jpg (721KB, 1600x1105px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
721KB, 1600x1105px
>>54035373
>This is a sword of +2 to killing shadowrunners.

Consider yourself helped.
>>
File: e72.png (68KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
e72.png
68KB, 480x480px
>>54035338
Its a sword what do you want more?
mash it together with other if you want something special
This blade have shock wave and a battery pack in its hilt. It now have +1 DV and Electricyt Elemental attack
This blade now is monofilament adding -4 AP but wears out with use
This one have build in single dose coffe maker in the hilt
This one is coated with flamable gel that can be ignited with simple action. It now have fire secondary effect
Mash katana and the memory materials and have blade that can change shapes at reach durning the fight.
The Claymore have gun barrel along its length and 4 bullets sized clip
>>
>>54035338
Make it a weapon focus and slap some rails on it. Boom, you're done.
>>
How do I best weaponize insect spirits as a shadowrunner?
Where do I get bee grenades?
>>
>>54035879

That's one of those ideas you're supposed to laugh off in the bar, not start considering after sobering up, chummer.
>>
>>54035931
See, after I get those ideas in the bar, I go home and wear my loose tie and start drawing up blueprints.
>>
>>54035879
On the subject of insect spirits, I have a player who asked whether they'd be allowed to play a mantis spirit. They argue that mantis spirits aren't hostile like other insect spirits since they don't reproduce through humans but I still feel like this is a bad idea. Are my instincts correct or is this a reasonable character concept?
>>
>>54036051
It's usable, I think?
I mean, it depends on your tone.
If you're running a more horror tinged game, I'd go for it.
I need to come up with some word to describe the difference between scary horror and unnamable ancient terror horror, because that comes into play here.
>>
>>54036051
It's probably not a great idea, especially if they're not experienced with the game already. That being said, sounds like it could be interesting in the right hands.
>>
>>54036051
It'd still have an extreme version of superhuman psychosis or cyber-psychosis because it doesn't view human beings as people and probably views them as prey.

More than that, expect to shot by anyone and everyone who finds out what you are. And finding that out would be pretty simple.
>>
>>54002286
>fundemental differences in psychological makeup

Dats really racist.
>>
>>54036096
Not very horror focused. It's just your typical tale of assholes shooting other assholes for money.
>>54036097
This is their second time playing and their first time never had them run into any insect spirits.
>>54036143
They say they want to play a flesh form spirit (or whatever it's called when they look human). I realize that they could still be assessed but are there other ways it could be seen?
>>
>>54036051
As an actual insect spirit not as a adept or shaman with mantis spirit mentor?
Fuck this shit. Abort abort. Do not let anyone play spirits at any cost
>>
>>54036297
>Do not let anyone play spirits at any cost
Why not? Is this something you say from experience of is it just a meme?
>>
>>54036344
Its not a meme for fuck sake
You don't want this shit on your head as a gm
On top of that Insect Spirit
Fuuuck think about immunity to mundane weapons and other spirit shit
And all the knowledge spirits have but is not mentioned in any book
Don't do it man
>>
>>54036467
But you've never seen a spirit played in a game right?
>>
>>54036574
I've never seen someone burn alive in a car fire, but I have ample reason to believe it's unpleasant.
>>
>>54036593
See, these are two very different things. One is a game of make believe and the other is death.
>>
File: Praying Mantis.jpg (50KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
Praying Mantis.jpg
50KB, 500x685px
>>54036574
I have. It was shit in 4e, it will be shit if you allow it in 5e. Letting someone be an insect spirit is fucking retarded and will ruin your game, letting someone be an insect spirit shaman is slightly less retarded and will still ruin your game. The rules do not support it in anything resembling a balanced game, and the fluff does not support it.

They care about literally nothing but killing and eating people. They are not going to go commit crimes for rent money, they will murder whatever they want and devour it. Mantids do kill people, mostly people already infected with insect spirits, until they get to the point where they go grab a regular person and Inhabit them with another mantis spirit. Some might try and hide in metahuman society to make hunting easier, but they are all predators that are utterly inhuman and utterly inimical to metahumanity.
>>
>>54036627
Anon, if you die in the game you die in real life.
>>
File: Dragon install.jpg (11KB, 236x307px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon install.jpg
11KB, 236x307px
Is the Berserk adept power good? I like the fluff but am afraid it'd be total shit in practice and a waste of a power point
>>
Chromatic aberration makes everything cyberpunk
>>
What's a sum a normal group of Shadowrunners could consider a "treasure" around which you could potentially build a campaign ?

Is one million nyuyen enough or is that chump change for most criminals when divided between the party ?
>>
>>54036051
You would need some way to explain how they lost all their spirit powers.
You don't want your player to have access to spirit powers.
>>
>>54038154
depends on what you mean by "treasure" and which edition you play
For 5e:
If you mean "Treasure" as in "We get this and we can just comfortably retire" then I'd say about 2 million per player should fit
If you mean it as "This will really bolster our gear needs" then I'd say about 500k to about 900k per player would be nice

And generally in 5e you need higher amounts than in 4e due to inflation
>>
>>54038154
depends on how much people are in the party
250k per person is a giant payday and worth a lot of sessions to get too but not retirement size.
Compare the payday to buying permanent lifestyle to get a grasp of how much is worth it
500k per person: permanent medium lifestyle. The goal of any unambitious runner who is there to earn a living
1mil: permanent high lifestyle. Here we are in a category where you can start building campaign around it and by the end of it they would have enough skills to be prime runners
10 mil per person: permanent luxury lifestyle. This is where the shit is at and 100% guaranteed to keep you runners on edge and ready to go over anything for the price. Including team mates.
>>
>>54038383
>>54038404
DMing for the first time so it would be potentially the party's first adventure if I decided to write my own scenario instead of using a premade one. 5th edition by the way, most players are familiar with the world but didn't play yet while one guy GMed it for years and now is jumping at the chance of finally playing.

I want it to be enough to divide between between 3-4 players but fit in a good middle spot between these criteria:
>make them go holy shit when they hear about the sum and generally excited about the adventure
>be enough to get them some gear, not multiple tanks but give them enough funds to have options as far as equipment goes in the future similarly to the gang from Payday with multiple lower grade weapons, vehicles and a safehouse
>not enough that any job that comes after it is chump change because I gave them a fortune for completing one campaign

The treasure itself will be a collection of golden Krugerrands, with each coin being worth 1,000 Nyuyen. The plot is partially inspired by the golden coins from John Wick and the plot of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
>>
>>54031598
And you feel it in your games wit new (less than 10+ years) GM's.

In the Games with my GM there is no feeling of social alienation between metatypes. It's just
Human with horns
Human with tusks
Human with pointy ears
and short human

No unecessary police voilence, No "elf only" city blocks where htey call the police for as much as seeing an augmented ork, No backstabbing from Mr. Johnson since "they have a reputation to maintain", no backstabbing Mr. Johnson since "they would tell each other that you are bad news",no alienation from society for using/having magic, no shady megacon activities like human experimentation or leaking drugs/gear on the street, no looking into the darkness of the shadows, no working against the man.

Also every NPC is a snarky Asshole.

I have the feeling that i joined the most un-punk game of cyberpunk
>>
>>54038592
Well, it depends on a few variables:
>What power level are the runners?
Normal, Prime Runners, Street Scum, etc.
>What are you willing to pay them?
Are they doing runs for 3000nY/Person (Don't do this, the book rewards screw over any mundanes if they don't steal anything not nailed down, anything nailed down and the nails)? 6000 nY? 10000 nY?
How many runs per month? Many? Few? Medium?
>How many runs have you planned?
Do you intend their runs to escalate fast, keep them in the same level for a long time, or something in between?
>How many mundanes?
Is the party just awakened/emerged (Adepts, Mages, MysAds and Technomancers), just mundanes (Sammies, Deckers, Edgemonkeys and Riggers) or a mix between them?

Generally:
Higher powerlevel means higher amount, due to the increased need for high-quality gear and ware
Higher paying runs mean higher amount, to not have it feel like chump change
More runs mean higher amount due to wear, though this depends on the difficuilty (more difficult=more replacing=more money needed)
More mundanes means more money, since they need a lot of dosh for ware and gear
>>
>>54038982
Just starting so they're going be normal. At the moment it seems like it will be a rigger/hacker, shaman and probably a Street Sam.

The campaign would revolve around getting the "treasure" and all jobs would be related to it, trying to get the location, fighting other groups that are after it, etc. So not much pay until they secure the coins for themselves.
>>
>>54038865
That is a really shitty situation. Are you sure you're not just playing Forgotten Realms with gun rules?
>>
File: Shadowrun vs. Dungeons & Dragons.jpg (221KB, 1343x607px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun vs. Dungeons & Dragons.jpg
221KB, 1343x607px
>>54039109
>a rigger/hacker
>not much pay

So have you told this player you hate them and want them to suffer, or are you hoping they pick up the context clues?
>>
>>54039697
He plans to take a lot of cash at character creation the treasure is expected to make up for the rest of the campaign.
>>
>first time GMing
>first time doing Shadowrun for entire gaming group
>first couple of sessions go by
>feel like some people aren't having much fun or feel ignored because their skills weren't used much
>try to balance runs out so that if someone excels in one, others get a chance to be the MVP badass in later sessions, and then try to have everyone play an important part in larger-scale runs
>players still seem disengaged
>ramp up the difficulty a little, try to surprise them more and make things a little more tense
>still feel like I'm wasting people's time
How the fuck do you do this
>>
>>54039840
You tried asking your players if they enjoy the game, and if there's anything they'd like you to improve on or change?
>>
>>54039913
I have, and they say they do. But I think they're lying.
>>
>>54039817
That's not how it works. Being a rigger is a huge moneysink to start, you can only take a very small amount of nuyen into the campaign, and literally every run costs an assload in repair work and replacements. And that's just for running in place, not for doing anything at all that makes it better.

SR doesn't work well when you starve a group of cash, because running expenses are constant and expected, and doing it to a rigger is unnecessarily cruel. If you want some Legend of Curly's Gold metaplot, scatter those runs between regular work, otherwise things will come part at the seams.
>>
>>54039919
Well if they say they do, and keep showing up to your games, they enjoy them. You could try running a different & lighter game for a turn, to see if they're just choking on the rules.
>>
>>54032460
Tir had an (admittedly slim) 2074 setting PDF, 'The Land of Promise'.
>>
>>54039929
If I was to scatter something I would just make it so all the runs include picking up parts of the treasure with the main stockpile still waiting for them at the end of the line. That way they would get a taste of the rewards and still be kept funded without doing stuff not related to the campaign.
>>
>>54039640
I'm not even sure anymore, everybody is just
a snarky asshole or a whiny drama queen. The other players are cool tho'.

I'm pretty sure the GM want's to run something more themed like a sunday morning cartoon, but also gritty cyberpunk. Which leaves every character pretty one dimensional.

Pretty much like the MC's in god of war or gears of war... the only emotion they show is anger and it becomeq just dull and annoying way too quick.
>>
>>54040431
>Implying the cast of Gears was one dimensional.
Nigga you wot.
>>
>>54035157

Make it a Vibro Katana. Slice through their armor like butter.
>>
>>54038213
Spirit powers are not very difficult to get into your grubby PC hands. Invoking can be acquired as early as 13 karma into the game, and if you start with high magic and summing and binding skills, you can have Force 6 great form spirits printing out Regeneration, Earthquake and Paralyzing Howl for every member of your crew by the second or third run.
>>
>>54040480
A lot of people use Gears of War as an example of emotionless shooter guys when in reality one of the main things going for it was the fact they were specifically not that.
>>
>>54039817
No.

To either a Rigger or a hacker, let alone somebody trying to do both, even the max amount of money you can start a campaign with is practically table scraps. If you continue to give out regular karma rewards to the party without money, then you are going to hamstring every mundane and turn your game into magicrun.
>>
>>54036051

Try telling the rest of the world that you're "the nice kind of insect spirit"
>>
>>54001071
>google to find that story
>first link was the Seattle Times

New surge incoming.
>>
>>54040597
>TFW bee insect spirit
>TFW all you wanna do is get it on with plant spirits but everyone is chasing you with RAID and lasers.
>>
File: Hulk vs Bees.jpg (149KB, 1252x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk vs Bees.jpg
149KB, 1252x1081px
>>54040638
All you want to do is fug plant spirits, build up your population to unsustainable levels, divide the hive and move en masse to somewhere new, and suicide bomb anyone who gets too close to your house. Nothing untoward about that.
>>
Hey yekka, I think there's some weird interaction between prototype transhuman and magic. I put in two points of ware for bone density and striking calluses, then muscle augmentation, which gets my essence down to 5.66, but when I finalize the character, it keeps putting their magic score to 4 instead of 5. I'd link the sheet, but i'm away from my computer at the moment. Just thought that might be something to glance at and see if it was on your end or not.
>>
>>54032460
Problem is that the world books barely make any money.
>>54040734
Looks fine at first glance, the main way PT is broken at the moment is that it's effectively a point of free essence, while RAW it's supposed to be a specific set of bioware, so if you had 0.9 covered by PT in creation mode and then added another bit of bioware, it'd be discounted by 0.1. I need to look into that.
>>
Okay >>54039817

Listen to
>>54040549

Anon is right, even the, largest amount of nuyen ist just barley enough vor a Decker and comfortable for a rigger who knows how to handle his finances. (the trick to buy different cars / drones for different jobs, instead of trying to mod up "the beast" (also giving cars and drones overflow reaaaally helps))

But as a Decker player myself i can confirm: If you try to do anything out of chargen besides decking, you are going to suck at it. The alternative is getting the radioshack deck from data trails, tinker with the hardware a little and install the best agent you can get. This won't replace a decker (and decking is fucking frustrationg imho) but it will be your magical lockpick when you need doors opened, cars cracked and power outs.
>>
>>54040734
>I think there's some weird interaction between prototype transhuman and magic.

PEBCAK
>>
File: 3d7e9c82.gif (548KB, 255x184px) Image search: [Google]
3d7e9c82.gif
548KB, 255x184px
>>54041008
Pretend I'm an idiot for a sec here anon: what the fuck is a pebcak?
>>
>>54041779
Problem
Exists
Between
Computer
And
Keyboard

>See also: ID10T error
>>
File: xlarge.png (2MB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
xlarge.png
2MB, 1125x1500px
>>54041779
Problem(s) Exist Between Chair and Keyboard. See also Layer 8 issue, ID-10T error
>>
File: boob_runner_by_sourgasm.jpg (293KB, 1200x744px) Image search: [Google]
boob_runner_by_sourgasm.jpg
293KB, 1200x744px
>>54034638
All the time. My group is good though. All of them (and myself) are adults and have proven they can handle mature content in a responsible (and not creepy) way.
>>
Are there "lesser" forms of spells, or does the ability to cast a spell let you use it for other purposes? For example, if you know ice spear can you freeze a glass of water? If so is there a page number?
>>
>>54042269
You can opt to cast spells at lesser Force, lowering their damage and effectiveness in return for less drain. Aside from that there should be more appropriate spells for casual cantrip casting.
>>
>>54034638

People have done the sex in my campaign yes.
If someone wants to get a sleezy pickup at a bar, they can do that.
If someone wants to hire a prostitute they can do that.
If my straight player playing a gay dwarf wants to look for a big burly troll to bring home he can do that.
It's all good.
>>
>>54002283

That's what makes it even more racist. Green Skin is just like Black Face - both are racist caricatures of attributes of disenfranchised groups
>>
>>54042269
>Are there "lesser" forms of spells

Short answer, if someone makes them. Every spell in the Sixth World is made according to a specific formula, and produces a very specific spell effect. When you choose to cast a spell at a low force, it still is the same spell, it's just less effective - it's like how a car engine works the same whether you're moving at 40 km/h or 100 km/h, it's just not working as hard.

So trying to freeze a glass of water by casting an F1 Ice Spear will just summon a very weak ice spear that launches out, shatters the glass, and sticks into the table. If you want magically frozen water, you need to go hit up your local magical suppliers/magic support host and see what formulas they have for sale.
>>
New Thread

>>54043367
>>54043367
>>54043367
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.