[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im drained on character ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 200_s.gif (41KB, 368x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41KB, 368x200px
I've been having issues lately with building characters, i dont know whats wrong. i have come up with 15 different ideas for characters but none of them really pull me in.

what can i do? has anyone gone through something similar where no character they come up with is even fun?

maybe i can just get some ideas for stories to read? just branching out my tastes might help. i dunno.

im not worrying about "muh cliches" or making him super unique, i just dont like any of the shitty ideas that come to mind.
>>
Well, post a few character traits/ideas that appeal to you, and we can try to help you out. As for advice on how to get through your funk, try to take some time to explore different stories you might enjoy. Be it books, games, movies, whatever, seeing some other ideas can help spark new ideas in your noggin, and get your creative juices flowing with new perspectives.
>>
>>53994284
i like characters that are usually glass half full characters, even if theyre not explicitly good or bad they try to keep positive.

Generally they make me and the other players laugh even if the in universe consequences are bad.

i bounce around from playing the parties face to the party support character depending on the group of people I'm with.

I've played a couple things in my time and the one I've liked the most is the "Charming fool" character, but it would get old if i ever over played that.

but I've played many other things, the only thing i really didnt like playing at all was the lone wolf.

thank you, I've seen /tg/ has an approved literature thread every now and again, ill check the archives for something .
>>
>>53994432
Alright, this is a good start. Lucky for you I also love the charming fool type character. Now, what type of setting or game do you see yourself playing soon? That should help us narrow down some specifics for these characters.
>>
>>53994494
the next game im in is your basic fantasy setting, then the world has a sudden resurgence of magic.
>>
>>53994522
Any more details on the world itself, or are you coming in mostly unfamiliar with your game master's setting?
>>
>>53994549
I'm coming in very unfamiliar with the setting, its a home made setting and he hasn't released anything about it other than magic has been dead/banned for a long time now.

he however is very willing to add more to his setting it would seem
>>
>>53994570
Fair enough, it looks like you've got some creative freedom potential here. Though I would suggest taking what we do have, this idea of dead/banned magic making a comeback, and rolling with it.

Anyway, what classes are you interested in playing?
>>
>>53994570
I almost never create a character until I see what the other players are making. It usually gives me a few ideas of what role I want to play in the group dynamic.

Do you know any of the other PCs and what they'll be playing?
>>
>>53994613
i only know that one person is playing a bard type character, and one is supposedly playing a mage. but i dont know any of their characters just yet.

>>53994595
i would prefer a martial character this time around, I'm used to playing mage types so I'm trying not to use the same thing too often. i was originally trying to play a martial that would weaken and debuff the enemies so that my party could swoop in afterwards. but I'm more than willing to branch past that idea.

thanks again by the way
>>
>>53994652
Don't mention it, I'm happy to help.

Now, a martial character in a world where magic is coming back can be very interesting. Who needs martial arts or sword play when people are finally able to learn how to shoot fire balls again? But your character is going to be positive, and see the bright side of things, so there must be an opportunity for him.

Maybe he is a traveling monk, hoping to see the world and teach others his lessons of hard work, patience, skill, all that sort of stuff. Not realizing that people would much rather focus on magic than they would standing around for hours on end practicing the same attacks or meditating all day.

But that's just the first thing that came to mind for me. There's plenty of other things you can go with.
>>
>>53994694
oh right and the GM said we would be starting out by delving into a cave in search of treasure. a source told us there was something rare hidden in here.

traveling monk, I've never played any kind of monk or monk type character before. i could work with that.
>>
>>53994822
If it sounds good to you, give it a shot. Maybe for this first quest, they're not specifically in it for the treasure, but for the journey itself. You know, spirit quest stuff and all that. Probably plans on using the money he gets to help out his temple or feed the poor or something.
>>
>>53994844
yea ill look up some stories and see what i can find. one player in my first group was a monk. ill get thinking on a monk.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.