[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer and Firefly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Flayed.jpg (162KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Flayed.jpg
162KB, 704x1000px
I had this idea for a meme and when I thought about it 40k lore actually leaves room for Firefly to be in the same universe. Thoughts?
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
agreed, you should fuck off and not post here again.
>>
File: Chapter of the Dead Insides.jpg (162KB, 1050x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter of the Dead Insides.jpg
162KB, 1050x1200px
>>53989103
Actually... yeah that could make complete sense. But in my mind it would have to be well before the age of strife, probably when humanity first left for the stars. It's possible - ever here about the Event Horizon headcannon? However, there are a lot of sticking points - if humanity abandoned Earth that Was, how did that become Holy Terra? What do you think supports the idea?
>>
I advise going to any forum. They'll entertain your idea more than anyone here.
>>
File: serveimage[1].png (9KB, 371x136px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].png
9KB, 371x136px
>>53991584
>headcannon
>>
>necrons
>clothing
>>
>>53991651
It's called a headcannon because it destroys your mind
>>
>>53991584
Claiming the Earth was used up could be a good lie for why the colonists' descendants never were in contact with Earth. We know people lie in firefly.
>>
>>53993382
If we accept that as a lie then Earth was still populated and Firefly universe's descendants would eventually be joined into the Human Empire during the Age of Technology
>>
>>53993464
Assuming the system they are in isn't inaccessible to warp travel now.
>>
>>53989103
I mean yeah. We no little about what happened between modern day and 30k, you could fit practically any science fiction that fits between those dates in your headcannon.
>>
>>53989103
That image is stupid. Your idea is stupid. There are certain similarities and you could certainly have a game of Rogue Trader evocative of firefly

But no. The cosmology and method of warp travel in 40k prohibits either being in a pocket in the other.
>>
>>53993464
You don't need to accept that it was a lie, Earth was and in many ways still is a shithole in 40k. There's absolutely no reason why the framing of Firefly couldn't fit into the early or even pre-DAoT diaspora, when mankind first spread out into the galaxy - anyone with any money or clout got the hell off-planet, leaving the proles to descend into barbarity on a dying planet. That's basically the story of the Dark Age of Technology in a nutshell and why the Emperor had to fight the Unification War before he could conquer the galaxy.
>>
40K is so large as a setting that just about any fantasy or sci-fi setting could be adapted into it. If you change Firefly to not being about Earth... but being the product of a much latter settlement you could do it without changing much at all. Throw in severe warp storms to prevent warp travel (they use Gravitic FTL like the Tau) and bang there you go.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.