[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was asked to join a Fifth Edition D&D game with a bunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1438260074487.jpg (19KB, 366x274px) Image search: [Google]
1438260074487.jpg
19KB, 366x274px
So I was asked to join a Fifth Edition D&D game with a bunch of newbies including the DM. I've been playing 10 years and they said they needed some experienced help.

The party is Tiefling Cleric, Tiefling Pally, Half-Elf Fighter, Dwarf Warlock and Human Rogue.

What should I play to help the party or carry it if need be.
>>
>>53986658
Just be prepared to end up taking over as DM...
>>
what domain, oath, bloodline? is the fighter str or dex based? and is the rogue more a party face or a shady killer?
>>
>>53986658
You've got a divine caster, two warriors, what will likely be a blaster mage, and a rogue.

I suggest a utility mage but not one that goes full hog and ruins what the GM expects in the game. Focus on party buffs and utility solutions to problems.
>>
>>53987024
Fighter is Strength based, Rogue is more of a Party Face. The Cleric has the Life Domain, The Pally has the Oath of Devotion. No idea the bloodline.
>>53987032
I should also mention that there's also a bard, but they don't really have any discernible strategy outside of charm person and crossbow.

Utility Mage is what I was planning, I was thinking of going Illusion, Divination or Conjuration Wizard School Wise. Any input on that?
>>
>>53987349
You are going to be the 7th person in a party full of newbies?
Seems like a bad idea, things get really bogged down with anything above 5 imo even without all noobs and a noob DM.
>>
>>53987390
I'm guessing that one of them will drop out before their current campaign is over. I'm Jumping in at level 2.
>>
>>53986658
They don't have a wizard. I'd recommend you fill the spot. Having wizard rituals (and AoE) at hand is invaluable.

Go Halfling divination wizard (with Lucky later) if you want to troll the shit out of the DM.
>>
>>53987554
I was originally considering going Elf Wizard, but you know, Halfling Wizard sounds interesting. What does lucky do?
>>
>>53987743
Lucky is a feat that lets you roll again and take the best dice from all the rolls you made.

So if you roll with disadvantage you can roll a third dice then pick the best.

Halfling already has halfling luck that does something similar, and Diviner wizard can bank rolls for later and swap them in when needed.

A buncha times a day, you'll be telling who rolls what, which is very funny.
>>
>>53986990
This is pretty much it. You're going to be the DM after the first session pointing out the flaws in the DM's rulings and him ignoring rules/breaking them. Or you'll be kicked but eh.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.