[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FIASCO thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Fiasco-00002.jpg (115KB, 670x893px) Image search: [Google]
Fiasco-00002.jpg
115KB, 670x893px
Have any of you played Fiasco? How it went?

What playset would you like to try? I have already played Boomtown and LA 1936, with the second one being fairly spectacular.
>>
I played the wild west kinda setting.

The game is ok. Its more of an improv game than a real tabletop, but a have a lot of friends who have history in theater. The dice mechanics are kinda just a background thing, it's more about just getting a story to fit together.

Fun for actors, not very fun for gamers.
>>
>>53984692
shut up
>>
>>53984692
what the fuck has will weathon to do with it
>>53984722
I think it's a very casual friendly. No one in my group are actors and the most fun sessions came from that game.
Also, the writing is the most important part, more or so than the acting
>>
>>53984763
But you actually play a role and it's a game, so it's an rpg
>>
>>53984560
Played a star wars one, set after the Revenge.
Our pilot died.
Our Jedi Master fought Darth Vader, lost, became his servant, and was killed for his failures after we tilted.
Our Jedi Padawan that was supposed to turn evil actually stayed on the side of light, but failed to defeat his former surrogate Master and spent rest of his life running.
I don't remember the fate of the last person.

All in all, it was pretty good. However, I've played way too much of it on conventions and I grew sick of Fiasco.
>>
I have a group that usually has a Fiasco game every other week or so. We're all creative types, so it's a lot of fun to pick a playset and see where it takes us. We even invite others into our games as guests, and they usually wind up being huge fans who want to participate in more games later down the line.

So overall great game if you have good people to play with.
>>
>>53985968
>I've played way too much of it on conventions and I grew sick of Fiasco.
I feel like this could happen with any other game. Fiasco is just too convention friendly.
>>
>>53984560
played in the Suburbs.

The fat gay Indian who was an absolute asshole was the only person not to die or end up in jail.
>>
File: Pulp Fiction Adventure Time.jpg (1MB, 1800x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Pulp Fiction Adventure Time.jpg
1MB, 1800x1165px
>>53984560
I only played one game, but I loved the hell out of it.

Played a loser obsessed with joining my cousin's gang in the midwestern small town setting. Stole a dolphin, led the police right to the gang's headquarters, and ended up the only one to avoid jail, living as a hermit with a dog.

Really would love to play again sometime.
>>
>>53986438

Yes, it's way too easy to play not to be played so much on conventions. Our "games played" blackboard showed about 10-15 games of so after whole weekend, the most of all that were played.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.