[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wmcyoa/ Worm Metropolis CYOA Thread #9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

To the Birdcage With You Edition

Previous Thread >>53729117

Discord: https://discord.gg/du3Xsdr
Pastebin : https://pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3
Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c
Drive Drop : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing
New Metropolis CYOA(WIP): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nFdmfWAqeiq12eCZK0VoxPsj8r6hWn-_buCRSyaFHmY/edit?usp=sharing

RP Rules, CYOA and Info Below
>>
>>53979939
>Hey. I tried something like this in the CYOA thread and there was enough interest in forming teams and shit as characters I decided to make this into an entire thread on its own. Basically you use the Worm CYOA to make yourself a superhero and join a team. The goal of this thread is not to build super OP characters, but build interesting characters who would work together in teams. Compared to the regular CYOA this is a low-power game. The CYOA itself is super easy to break, so there’s a few rules to go along with it to maintain the theme of the thread, keep things balanced and prevent this thread from turning into a race to make the most OP character possible.

>The setting itself is Metropolis, a typical extra-large New York sandbox rip-off. Even though it’s all the same setting you can pick Gestation, the Golden Age or Worthless Opponent as your scenario, but it won’t mean much more than a difference in starting points. Canon characters – Contessa, Skitter, Eidolon, Glaistig Uaine, etc – don’t exist in Metropolis. Every organisation mentioned in the CYOA still exists, but with none of the canon characters in it and they are based out of Metropolis. The Protectorate and the Wards still exist, as does the PRT. The Guild is not Canadian. The Undersiders are pre-Taylor heisters. The ABB and E88 are locked in a turf war and the Merchants sell drugs to homeless people. S9 exists and you can be in it, but you’ll probably end up with a kill order on you.
>>
File: IMG_0762.jpg (7MB, 1600x8000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.jpg
7MB, 1600x8000px
>>53979945
>1) Duplicate powers don’t stack. Two people with power fluctuation standing next to each other would not buff each other’s power fluctuations. This is to stop the most OP builds.
>2) You can only spend a maximum of 15 Shard points on powers. This includes the 3S it takes to upgrade a power to its second trigger. This rule is in place to stop people building characters with a million high S powers (vigilantes I’m looking at you) or who are otherwise obscenely broken – Worm parahumans are closer to being x-men than justice leaguers in power level. It also stops everyone from taking a million flaws to get ridiculous powers. We can’t all be vagrants who got kidnapped and tortured by S9 and Ziz. Conspirators are the exception to this rule – they can spend up to 20 points on powers (perks of being cauldron).
>3) No Abaddon shards, Trump second triggers, or Negentropy. No-one has Abaddon shards in canon Worm and this is a low power game anyway. Negentropy is a no go because the entities lose all incentive to hand out powers if they’ve developed immortality. If you’re upset because “muh immortality” keep in mind as a parahuman you’re unlikely to live for much longer than a decade anyway (life in spandex is violent and short). Trump second triggers are broken. All of them.
>4) No more than 3 Endbringers at a time. First come first served, and you play like canon Endbringers – you periodically show up to wreck everybody’s shit.
>5) I’m thinking of making this into a proper RP if I can find a decent place to host it. No drop-ins or gifts – let’s keep it in-character.
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (6MB, 1600x8000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
6MB, 1600x8000px
>>53979962
>A few final notes:

>Case 53 flaw x1 = you are a human with a few extra parts, like elf ears, feathers in your hair, weird pupils/irises/sclera, extra fingers etc. Think Canary from canon.

>Case 53 Flaw x2 = you are still recognisably humanoid, but not as a “human”. Think Gully or Weld from canon – you genuinely look like a monster and ordinary humans might be nervous or quick to judge you.

>Case 53 x3 = you are no longer recognisable as human. Think Garotte or Mantellum from canon. People who see you will think you’re a monster and may run screaming from you.

>Having a kill order on you means you did something truly horrific or awful, or have repeatedly shown yourself to be too dangerous to be safely apprehended by the authorities. In short, you’ve killed people and as a result there's a fuckhueg bounty on you, which anyone - from heroes to sinister villains to rule-breaking vigilantes to every yahoo with a gun - can collect on, with no questions asked an no attempts to arrest them. They just stroll into Protectorate HQ, drop off your severed head, get given their money and walk out, even if they're a wanted felon.
>>
>>53979962
The question is, can i see through clothing with X-ray vision ? Captain Pervert might be a reasonable idea
>>
how does augmentation "second trigger" work?
>>
Overhaul is in the works. Might be some time before I can 'shop something, but the crunch is coming along well.

>>53980729
A few people fluff it as seeing through specific objects, a few as it having an adjustable focal length of sorts. The CYOA is vague enough and it doesn't really make a difference in RP, so whatever you like.

>>53980880
Straight-up brain uploading, no squishy bits needed.
>>
>>53981985
Yeah but what if i don't like the idea of stripping my healthy body of flesh?
Can you download yourself into other bodies that's comatose? or back to yourself?

It seems to be very much like "machine Spirit" with the right setup.

Sorry Im trying to make a normal build with "negentropy" and that power is the cheapest towards said goal.
>>
>>53982120
Rule 3. Admittedly we should see about getting someone to plaster over the banned options.
>>53980729
Generally vague bits in powers are up to you to determine. Just don't go overboard and remember Manton limits you such.
>>
>>53982452
No. what i meant was just a "normal build" no rp just wanted to know the limits on the augmentation power.
>>
>>53982490
If you're "playing single-player," so to speak, it works however you like.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>53983903
But "machine spirit" and "body swap" is very much alike what i had in mind for the power feels wrong to me anon..
>>
File: 1468774909544.jpg (91KB, 599x707px) Image search: [Google]
1468774909544.jpg
91KB, 599x707px
>Genetic Tinker
>>
whaaat, we're starting the general again?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.