[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much experience does it take to get to 1st level?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: original.jpg (66KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
66KB, 736x525px
How much experience does it take to get to 1st level?
>>
>>53969871

1 xp.
>>
>>53969871

How long's a piece of string?
>>
>>53969871
Zero. You start at first level. Everyone starts at first level. You pop out of your mother at first level.

I thought we cleared this up in the dozen or so ">level 1 character has a background ugh.jpg" threads by now.
>>
>>53969950
In AD&D commoner NPCs were 0th level, and had to choose a character class if they gained even 1 xp though.
>>
>>53969871
>Starting at level 1 in Mutants and Masterminds

I assume you're running a high fantasy sort of MnM 3e game?

The lowest you can start is either PL8-10, it's not a system where your character grows into a demigod from peasantry. It's a system where you build a character who's complete and made in mind for the setting.
>>
>>53969950
depends on the system
anima: beyond fantasy has a level 0
>>
File: 1495607186596.jpg (23KB, 569x525px) Image search: [Google]
1495607186596.jpg
23KB, 569x525px
>>53969996
>be me
>apprentice to village blacksmith
>finally old enough to start my own business
>pretty successful
>at the end of the month, earn 1 gold piece
>SHIT
>Gain 1 exp
>suddenly lose all my blacksmith skills
>gain a bunch of shitty spell slots and get a book
>can't wear leather anymore for sone reason
>have to start dressing in faggy robes
>have 3 less hp than I did this morning, apparently I rolled a 1 on my hit die
>no choice but to become an adventurer
>join a party
>get killed by a sentient flying horseshoe
>mfw
>>
>>53970113
Fucking lost, good job
>>
>>53969950
So is everyone else just a really shitty, poorly designed class?

Why would anyone choose to play a baker class when you could play a fighter?
>>
File: bork.jpg (27KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
bork.jpg
27KB, 460x276px
>>53971085
>Thinking you ever get to choose your class.
>>
>>53969871
Depends on the class. Sorcerer? You gain 1st level whenever, no experience required. Wizard or monk? At least several years of training, and you most likely started in early childhood, either in a monastery/academy or as an apprentice to a master.

Note that experience in this context is different from experience points, which don't come into play until you've already chosen your class. Note also that multiclassing messes with this unless people include it in their backstory, so it's better to not think about it too hard unless you just want to ban multiclassing into certain classes without backstory justification.
>>
>>53970113
Rolled 1 hp... Didn't use minimum
>>
>>53971278
So why isn't every guardsman a fighter?
>>
>>53972278
Mainly because they can't (for flavor purposes I suppose) be as good at stabbing things as the adventurers.
Other than that? Experience. Both a fighter and 'warrior' have similar training, but the fighter is supposed to have more practical experience on top of that.
>>
>>53969871
One life changing event.

One bad day.

One epiphany, the dawning of such revelation that you can't unsee the world as you see it now.

One bridge too far.

One more straw upon the camel's back.

This is what brings you to level one.

Oh, and rats in the cellar.
>>
>>53969871
how much experience do you want?
did you serve in the town guard, and one day fight off bandits?
did you read so many books that one day you could cast magic missile twice a day isnted of once?
were you trained by abhumans living in the catacombs in the ways of the shadow?

let your imagination run free
>>
>>53969871
About 15-20 years of experience for human characters.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.