[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

make money Running TableTop RPGS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: HeroForgeScreenshot.png (254KB, 1858x990px) Image search: [Google]
HeroForgeScreenshot.png
254KB, 1858x990px
I'm wondering what a good model would look like for a Paid Dungeon Master experience.
I live in a pretty big metropolitan area, and I think I could probably run 15-20 sessions in a month. I'm just not sure how I would approach the payment / pricing plans.

charge per session
charge per person
charge per hour

do I include materials that players keep, or charge extra? (like minis and character sheets)

what about long term, ongoing campaigns? Do they get discounts if they buy more sessions upfront?

should I bother with patreon and shit like that or just advertise at the local shops?
>>
>>53969051
I'd do it in packages.
For example

Package A would be theater of the mind (so no mini's) , smaller number of players and 2 or 3 hours long. You want to get the hipsters with this, it will be your bread and butter

Package B would be much more focused on minis and should be a subscription for a long term campaign. Like levels 1-14 or whatever. have a fuck ton of minis that actually represent the monsters, even some real scenery and props.

Or just charger per session and per person, more players is more difficult to work with so you should get paid more.
>>
>>53969051
I would pay for something like this. But only if the GM was "professional" tier good.

You would need both 1 shot sessions with a slick execution, premade characters and an adventure you are intimately familiar with running, and longer running campaigns on a subscription basis.

The 1 shots are for drawing in new customers, the longer campaigns are your steady income.

Run it in a private, quiet, professional setting and spend a lot of time getting the atmosphere right and making it clean and comfortable for your customers.

Don't make players pay for dice, sheets, minis etc, it will make some people feel scammed. Include the cost of these materials in your upfront pricing. Obviously this doesn't include snacks, drinks, souvenirs etc, or if the players want to purchase their dice/minis.

Patreon, I don't think so, unless you want to broadcast material on the internet. Which you should expand into, but it will require a more complicated operation.
>>
>>53969051
One thing i will say is don't run your sessions out of your own home
>>
>>53969051
I hope you die on AIDS
>>
It feels like there have been a lot of threads about this topic lately. Or at least one other.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.