[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 82

File: 1453558245524.jpg (147KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1453558245524.jpg
147KB, 1242x2208px
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piljepe7l3wcd4c/Fallout%20The%20Big%20Apple%20Wasteland.pdf?dl=0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/779ocuy1quxa7qb/Fallout+PnP+Complete+Kit.zip
https://www.mediafire.com/?jpk043dwnhsf60i
>>
First post! Ok, who tried all these systems and what is the best?
>>
>>53967474
I don't know how you could try out all the systems - there are several kinds, plenty of homebrews, and even games that can be made to work like Dark Heresy.
>>
>>53967941
I meant the ones in the OP.
>>
Just as a general survey of fans. Would you guys tollerate some shifting away from the given end-slides for a fictional best-case Independent Vegas scenario to feed a sequel with the most possible player options?

(IE, brotherhood cooperates with Vegas like they do in their best NCR ending, Khans mostly leave with some Followers but a few stick around, Securitrons are tied up pacifying the Divide so there's a reason Vegas still needs human forces etc.)
>>
File: 1446108155247.png (1MB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446108155247.png
1MB, 764x1080px
>>53967281
I think we should slow down on these Fallout threads lest we burn ourselves out. Maybe limit to certain days like other generals?
>>
File: f2_concept5.jpg (301KB, 1898x785px) Image search: [Google]
f2_concept5.jpg
301KB, 1898x785px
>>53968997
I think I'd tolerate it, especially if you wanted to make some post-NV setting for an RPG you wanted to play. But I doubt it would really matter, since I don't think NV will get a sequel - even if Obsidian made a new Fallout game, it probably wouldn't be a direct sequel.

>>53969202
That's not a bad idea, and in truth it seems like there's not all that much to talk about half the time. Weekend threads seem the most natural, but maybe we could try some sort of weekday focus.
>>
File: Fo4_KLE0.jpg (464KB, 1234x881px) Image search: [Google]
Fo4_KLE0.jpg
464KB, 1234x881px
So what does this mean if people are closer than the max range?

Do my players get a +5% bonus to hit chance per hex?
Sounds doable but it might be a bit too strong for snipers because those could just take out anybody at close range
>>
>>53969754
Sounds like you might be able to get around that if accuracy was affected by what kind of sight you have. Longer range scopes would have a bonus to long range but a penalty to close range.
>>
>>53969821
Yea thats what i was thinking of

So if you put a scope on a rifle that rifle wouldn't gain accuracy if an enemy moved closer than min range they wouldn't get any bonus

Then again that might seem to my players like i was gimping long range and being "unfair"
>>
>>53969754
>>53969821
>>53969867
That's what FO2 did with the scoped rifle.
>>
>>53969867
Long range weapons are meant to be used at just that: long rage. If the fight is happening in closer quarters, then that's what sidearms are for.
>>
>>53969977
Great, so there's precedent.
>>
>>53969821
>>53969977
>>53970027
Should shotguns and such get a bonus of accuracy at short range?
>>
>>53970242
I would say a damage bonus, because it's less of a question of "hit or miss" but rather "how many pellets make contact".
>>
This is like thread #5 for a setting we still don't really have a full system for. Impressive.
>>
>>53970322
This. Could think of it as damage multiplication, like what you'd see by the time of 3 and NV. Part of why the double-barreled shotgun in the Point Lookout DLC was so dangerous was because each individual pellet ignored any damage resistance the PC might have, so you got multiple hits of a large amount of damage at close range.
>>
>>53970242
/k/ here. Realistically speaking, the rule of thumb for real-world shotgun spread is about 1 inch per yard, ie if you shoot at a target 50 yards away, it will be hit by a circle of pellets about 50 inches in diameter.
Take from that what you will.
>>
>>53970498
So no?
>>
>>53967281

i played the one JE Sawyer threw together out of the actual game rules and, naturally, nothing was as good, because playing it means actually fucking playing fallout.

including the high fatality that tends to lead to every other encounter being fatal. Be ready for that shit.
>>
>>53970453
That one Todd poster made a D100 system for it. I read through it, it looks pretty comprehensive. The character creation was pretty good too.
>>
>>53970632
20 pages of perks dude
That shit is amazing

Combat rules are not too hard on the math too
>>
File: 1453599514744.jpg (186KB, 335x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453599514744.jpg
186KB, 335x640px
>>53970453
To be fair, /tgesg/. Sure they have the UESRPG, and we could theoretically do the same thing, but it's more a setting and lore thing with them.

On a random note, even though the Enclave should not have been treated as they were in Fallout 3, did you feel that their depiction - their uniforms, their armor, their equipment - was fair?
>>
>>53970776
I actually really dislike how Bethesda treated Prewar stuff.

If you look at the Fo4 intro everything is nice and clean and theres nothing of the oil crisis or all of the wars going on everywhere

With the enclave there was way too much infighting and the whole president eden thing was retarded

Just make a human president of the enclave and drop the whole connecting with the wastelanders thing
>>
>>53970776
The uniforms were a bit off. Overly sinister, too many Hugo Boss meets retrofuture bits. They think of themselves as the last true bastion of american culture, they should dress like it.
>>
File: fat_people_on_scooters_171.jpg (215KB, 674x506px) Image search: [Google]
fat_people_on_scooters_171.jpg
215KB, 674x506px
>>53970915
?
>>
>>53970837
>If you look at the Fo4 intro everything is nice and clean and theres nothing of the oil crisis or all of the wars going on everywhere
Not surprising. It's typical of people to pretend as if nothing is wrong, so I wasn't put off by a family being happy-go-lucky and planning an outing to the park. Plus the resource wars were kind of caused by that, people ignoring problems in order to carry out their happy Americana lives. But all that said, there was definitely signs of the war. The route to the vault was set up with barriers and such, the military was on the streets, and there were guards in power armor at the vault entrance. They didn't just magically appear the instant the sirens went off. They were already there. Plus, one detail I noted way back before Fallout 4 even came out, from just the demo, the power armor deployed to guard the vault was dirty and kind of dingy looking. That doesn't mean much on its own, but in the Fallout Bible it says that used power armor was deployed in the states to help control civil unrest.So there's also that.
>>
>>53971177
Thats a lot less than i imagined to be honest

I wouldn't be upset if they showed some more visible signs of dictatorship
I mean who cares if theres a lot of police in the streets if they don't do anything. The protagonist seems to be okay with pre-war life too and he doesn't complain about anything so theres that

You know it doesn't drive home the whole war doesn't change theme but rather subverts it and makes pre-war life seem harmless
>>
>>53971247
I would agree, if the pre-war segment was longer. But as it stands it was just inside one guy's house for a few minutes who had a pretty happy life, and then a rush down his street and to the vault. Also, it's not "a lot of police". It was the military. They had a tank. People were denied survival by soldiers in power armor, who had miniguns. Not even the Vault-tec guy made it in.
>>
File: Enclave_power_armor_CA7.jpg (3MB, 2079x3510px) Image search: [Google]
Enclave_power_armor_CA7.jpg
3MB, 2079x3510px
>>53970837
I do feel like they relied on it like a crutch - instead of trying to flesh out a fictional world, let's continually focus on the past. A lot of the DC quests involved American history, which makes sense for the area, but was frustrating when I was rarely ever asked a question I couldn't know the answer to even to surprise me (who is 'the most recent president,' i.e. the last one before the War, of the US?)

I admit, it does go with the 50s theme to kind of pretend that everything is fine, trust the experts, and maybe there's some irony in only finding out after the apocalypse nothing was as secure as it seemed, corporations were corrupt, etc. But I would have actually enjoyed some grittiness, even if that would be hard to manage in a suburban area - you can't really have soup lines or big billboards with patriotic propaganda.
>>
>>53971338
I mean if theres military presence that doesn't really convey that the Fallout US Govt. is doing really shady shit. Like if you do a pre war segment atleast let a bit of corruption shine through with the news?

I don't like how Bethesda just plays a lot of the self irony of fallout straight.

You look at the Fallout 2 intro and it's clear that the Enclave and the Fo-US-Govt aren't good guys.

No reason for us to have to play a 100% patriot or to not show how awful pre-war america was
>>
File: minigun.png (512KB, 1370x637px) Image search: [Google]
minigun.png
512KB, 1370x637px
>>53971464
>>
>>53971464
What country are you from that military on the streets doesn't convey problems? The US wasn't invaded, so why do you think that they had armed forces out and about?
>>
>>53970776
For the most part, I actually really like Beth's clothing, weapon, and armor design. There are some notable exceptions, but I think they did fine with the Enclave.
>>
>>53971557
Germany xd

Anyways i think they ought to have shown what was wrong in the pre-war us. Ressources running low, riots and stuff. Show a bit through the news, make the mood less relaxed
>>
>>53971642
The point is that people pretended things were fine, but the trouble was all subtle and below the surface, except for when it wasn't.
>>
>>53971962
They shoulda shown the non-obvious parts then because right now the Fo4 intro really gives off the vibe that everythings fine

Keep in mind that a lot of people who've never played a videogame before picked up that game
>>
>>53972075
I don't particularly care about people who have never played a video game before, and again, there were clear signs of stress and the war in the pre-war segment. In fact I appreciate that they didn't go overboard in trying to hammer it home. It's annoying when shows, movies, and games spell things out when visual cues can convey plenty of things to people with more than half a brain.
>>
>>53970837
Fo3 and its expansions got a lot of the Pre-war shittiness right, it's Fo4 that inexplicably takes a (Mostly) rose colored view of it. BUT Nate&Nora's family were something of the pampered elite, a decorated veteran and some ort of lawyer (Possibly JAG to explain some of her badassery)
>>53971358
>>53971177
Those are pretty valid points.
>>53971247
Yeah, maybe they could have had some points about how he'd thought he left the war behind but it followed him home. At LEAST as a rant on the way to the freezing chamber. (Or they could have made both of them war vets so no matter who you picked the character could have at least some dialogue based on that.)

>>53970915
It sorta fits from a theory that they grew from Project Paperclip Nazis (Ala MCU Hydra)
>>
>>53971557
>What country are you from that military on the streets doesn't convey problems? The US wasn't invaded, so why do you think that they had armed forces out and about?
Oh gee, I'm sorry, I thought Alaska was AMERICA,
>>
>>53972258
>I don't particularly care about people who have never played a video game before, and again, there were clear signs of stress and the war in the pre-war segment. In fact I appreciate that they didn't go overboard in trying to hammer it home. It's annoying when shows, movies, and games spell things out when visual cues can convey plenty of things to people with more than half a brain.
I mean, the Fo1 intro had American soldiers field-executing Canadians to patriotic music. Fallout's not exactly subtle.
>>
>>53973294
both of the PCs were war vets originally. Nora even has dialogue indicating this in the game files but it was strangely cut at the last second to make her a lawyer.

It's weirdly sexist.
>>
>>53973405
I think they wanted that 1950s gender roles vibe, despite that being one of the few 1950sisms that didn't seem to fully survive till 2077, at least not completely.

I just retcon her to a JAG officer who mustered out earlier to go into civilian law.
>>
>>53973481
I prefer to think of her as someone on the frontlines with Nate in a mechanized infantry division. When it came to combat the USSA really pulled out all the stops and PA is one of the things that would really balance out sex capabilities in war.

Also I dunno about the Enclave being started by paperclip scientists. Visually speaking the nazi-ish uniforms are a little too on the nose. The armor is fine, its battle armor but I'd expect uniforms from an american remnant to look american.
>>
>>53970498
That's if your shotgun has a strong choke. A sawed off is gonna spread like yer mum's legs in a basketball locker room.
>>
>>53973701
Not even with a sawed off will it spread like that.

Contrary to popular belief, shortening the barrel of a shotgun has little effect on the spread of the shot, unless the barrel is made very short. Small Arms Review Magazine conducted a test in February 2008 in which they cut down the barrel of a shotgun a little at a time, firing it and recording the velocity (with slugs) and spread (with buckshot) after each shortening. With a 30" barrel, the spread was 10" at 15 yards. 24" barrel, about 11". 18" barrel, 8" of spread. 12" barrel, 12.5" spread. And with a 6-7/8" barrel, 17" of spread.
>>
File: 1497933673451.jpg (79KB, 640x774px) Image search: [Google]
1497933673451.jpg
79KB, 640x774px
Guy here working on that Fallout system that got blindsided by Wastelands 2.0 since it seemed to be nearly what I was already doing. Still working on mine, foundation is good but it's only been a week. If anyone wants to take a look feel free.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TszvB-8WOJt7TU_lZ-Bjuqs9Y0aZVoFjYo-Sb4qdKVo/edit?usp=sharing

To Todd, you mind if I co opt some of your stuff?

Also wondering if anyone would be interested in working together to throw our own 'Bible' of sorts with all the interesting setting material we've come up with.

Fully okay with this being a weekend thread only. Although I will miss during work down time watching 200 post long arguments about Cesar's Legion headcanon
>>
>read a bunch about Van Buren
>see things like a female counterpart of CL,a litteral eden in a deep canyon managed by a brain in a jar and other stuff
Soooo,anyone made a Van Buren setting ? This shit is full of good ideas !
>>
>>
>>53974789
Have you considered trying to work with Todd and combine your ideas, if they're similar enough? You could actually form a team and get this RPG knocked out.

As for a Fallout Bible, I'd shudder at it. Even if we avoided subjects of canon, everyone has different ideas for different regions of the US that haven't yet been covered - and sometimes it's as established as Florida, sometimes it's as vague as 'the Midwest.' Does anyone realize how huge the Midwest is?
>>
>>53975637
Pretty big. I found that out today while planning something.
>>
>>53974789
Feel free to use as much or as little of my system as you want man. I made it for people to use it.
>>
>>53973560
>We will never see Nate and Nora bond and fall in love while slaughtering Canadians
Why even live?
>>
To anyone building a system or a setting or running games, please describe shit as not being totally trashed. Like, remark on how homes or cities seem a bit tidier or organized, describe how things look lived in. That's one of the biggest things that gets me about the 3D Fallout games. The random fucking mess and squalor where people are supposedly building communities and making livings. You'd think they would take the time to clean shit up a bit if that's where they're settling.
>>
>>53975063
Didn't Van Buren also go full retard in a lot of areas? I remember something about a moon station.
>>
>>53975637
>Does anyone realize how huge the Midwest is?
I don't think even the FoT people did, considering the lenght of the roadtrip from Chicago to Mt, Cheyenne in a few beat up salvaged cars running on biodiesel.
>>
>>53976173
It was a pre-war defense satilitte. Honestly not too far fetched for a final area, especially when the climax was going to be that you fail to stop the antagonist and some of the nukes he was going to launch can't be stopped, so you have to decide which communities get genocides and which survive.
>>
>>53976231
I like the less intense version of that at the end of Lonesome Road a lot more.
>>
File: 1449533482761.png (112KB, 1931x862px) Image search: [Google]
1449533482761.png
112KB, 1931x862px
>>53976185
The area of Fallout Tactics is mostly within the green band, right? That's not even a quarter - maybe not even a sixth - of what I could reasonably consider the Midwest. And most people will focus on a much smaller area.
>>
Are all ghouls doomed to go feral one day?
>>
>>53976553
Why isn't SLC listed on its own? SLC and New Canaan are two different towns in the same alliance.

(And SLC was only destroyed in Van Buren, not canon.)
>>
>>53976648
We don't know, but we think so. It kind of seems random as to when normal ghouls go feral, too. Some have been around since before the war and are still fine.
>>
>>53977058
All ghouls will eventually go feral, radiation speeds it up.
>>
>>53977106
>>53977058
its pretty much implied that its one part physical degeneration one part mental illness.

Radiation doesn't play a part in it so much as living in shitty conditions.
>>
>>53967281
Wow I had no idea there was a new and improved version of the Fallout PnP rules! Thanks OP.
>>
>>53976648
Hard to say - there have been (at least in Fallout 3, I'm not sure in NV or 4) ghouls that have been around since the war, or even before the war. Generally it depends on how much radiation they take in that turns them feral, or what sort of living conditions - a ghouls that runs a hotel in the Underworld will do a lot better than a man ghoulified when the bombs dropped and spent the centuries rampaging outside a bunker.

But generally I think ghouls surviving since before the war are extremely, extremely rare. And it's never quite made clear how new ghouls are formed, so I don't know how long most of the sane ghouls have been around compared to the ferals. Is it a ticking clock, or is it a maybe depending on the circumstances?
>>
>>53976553
Wait, wasn't Necropolis to the east of the Hub?
>>
>>53973481
We all have are Nora headcannon. Mine is that she was a patent lawer for Robco. She got the employee discount on cogsworth. Helped Robco analyze the T-51 for patent infringment (West Tek's motion controlers were totaly a Robco design) and she runs around the commonwealth with a small army of robots.
>>
>>53977434
off the top of my head...
NV you have the Mexican ghoul companion that's pre-war.
4 you have the vault-tec rep, he names a few others, the toy maker guy, the ghouls on the norwegian freight ship, the mob boss, and the Peabody family.

The answer on how to make new ghouls is "radiation." Though yes, how much for how long, and how to trigger it are never answered. The Peabody family makes it sound like a genetic component is involved, but the mob boss/Valentine quest make it sound like it can be triggered intentionally.
>>
>>53977595
>>53977434
See, I always thought the idea was that ghouls were the first and last generation of their kind when the bombs fell. The idea is that not everyone can become a ghoul, and only people with the right genes can survive what the radiation does to them. So many Americans were victims to the radiation that it makes sense that lots of American with those genes would turn into ghouls at around the same time, a majority of them would become feral, and some would last until the start of the games. After that, though radiation is still an issue, the amount of people who both have the right genes, and submit themselves to enough radiation, and don't go feral would be significantly lower.
>>
>>53968997
Ehh, If I were DMing this, I would declare that "Infinite Crisis happens, Reality skews into a tangent and now the story of Fallout New Vegas never happened."

I'd run a scenario where Mr House is still in charge and the general set up i similar to New Vegas but with important details changed.
>>
>>53977224
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ghoul
>It is known that ghouls can turn feral when exposed to excessive levels of radiation.

The citation is from Fallout 4, so take with a grain of salt.
>>
>>53977843
I generally consider anything from the Bethesda written fallouts suspect as they're so bad at writing they can't keep their own stories straight.

In universe people might think that but ghouls are literally a product of wild strain FEV and low exposure to radiation. We know this thanks to FO1 and Necropolis. Originally they were a west coast phenomena only but considering the spread of FEV post war and how ubiquitous radiation is across the post war world its not unreasonable to think of ghouls occuring outside of necropolis.
>>
File: LVTH-6_AAC.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
LVTH-6_AAC.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Has anyone here watched the really goofy Mad Max knockoff "Wheels of Fire" (1985)? It's all on youtube and has a bunch of cultists trying to go to space and a relatively organized faction that has an army that rations out gas first for free and then at increasing prices.

(The army is played by the actual Philippine army and shows up at the end with some LvT-6 amphibious APCs and a few Howitzers... Footage from this is recycled in the begining of another Mad Max knockoff movie by the same guy.

I was really struck by how much the Authority seemed to resemble the late stage NCR.
>>
>>53967474
Fallout is the bastard offspring of a previous edition of Gurps.

Gurps.

They've even done most of the groundwork and actually specifically have supplements now for "After the End" type things and post apocalyptic campaigns, and you could readily mix and match with say, Gurps Action to make it very cinematic and stuff. Or you could go full on gritty, or some degree of it.

Actually I kind of think being at least a little gritty but willfully trotting out some cinematic stuff to make the PC's be sort of nuts/have ways to avoid ignominious death.

If you do though, know that the basic damage being thrown around is much higher in proportion to health than standard Fallout. A lot of armor is hot garbage. Honestly anything that isn't pre-war is totally inadequate against a real gun. Which is fair. It's more or less realistic.

If you give players credible ballistic armor that for some reason, lacks protection against lasers then they will get cut to ribbons by even a cheap laser pistol, or can be.

On the other side of it you could do some fun stuff having them merrily gun down Raiders and primitive screwheads using hunting rifles, even, and like, some shitty holdout gun a pre war office worker had in his desk or something because leather armor is BARELY adequate against getting knifed, and metal armor, even "good" metal armor made from pre war cars with pretty high carbon steel, is dogshit against that armor divisor.
>>
Hey Todd, what did you use to make your book look so good? I'm still trapped in the Google Doc limbo.
>>
File: wheeler.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
wheeler.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
Post any weapon that you would like to see in a Fallout game. Melee, weapons, real guns, archery things, weapons from other games, etc.
>>
>>53977500
>cogsworth
Why do so many people spell it wrong like this? The Jetsons maybe?
>>
File: Crossbow-Medieval.jpg (270KB, 3271x1848px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow-Medieval.jpg
270KB, 3271x1848px
>>53979037
What skill would these work with?

Guns? Survival?
>>
>>53979338
Survival, I would say. It's fairly different from firing a gun, and any related perks would most likely fall under survival. Like bolt crafting, being able to retrieve more bolts on average (some should break), a bonus to animal loot like extra meat and hides for getting a clean kill, etc.
>>
>>53979338
I'd put them under melee, use it as a catch all for primitive muscle powered weapons.
>>
>>53979379
Seems fair.
Maybe they'd take more duability damage too given that they're homemade
>>
>>53979412
Yeah, and have a mid-high survival perk to craft more durable ones.
>>
File: riefgraber.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
riefgraber.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>53979037
It's a sexy little pistol, and it even actually looks pretty good when it's all rusty junk.
>>
>>53975626
Dang, when did the powder gangers get giant water towers?
>>
How do you deal with vehicles in your games?

Are they just cosmetics that have to be refueled/fusioned every third ride or do you give them stats like DR+HP?
>>
>>53978201
I actually haven't watched any Mad Max films

Which is kinda shameful considering its basically source material for fallout
>>
>>53977843
I mean ghouls are literally immune to radiation so i don't know how that would happen

Necropolis had a lot of radioactive leaks and stuff and those guys weren't necessarily feral
>>
>>53980066
Don't feel alone. I haven't either. I thought about watching Fury Road but all the political stuff floating around it when it came out (on both sides) kinda turned me off from it.
>>
>>53980083
>all the political stuff floating around it when it came out
Care to elaborate?

I'm not familiar with the movie at all so sorry for the retard question lol
>>
>>53980106
Dumb shit about how it was an amazing feminist movie, while others were saying it was a great MRA movie, and others saying it was misogynistic, etc. I mean, I know 90% of that stuff is just clickbait articles trying to get attention, but at the time it just soured me on it and once all that stuff passed I just never felt like watching it. I also do not find Charlize Theron all that attractive, and even less so when she's practically bald. So there's that.
>>
>>53980106
Fury Road has Max, but the real protagonist of the story was a woman named Furiosa, and women escaping from being kept captive for breeding is a part of the plot.

Honestly doesn't shove any kind of message in your face, but yeah there was all kinds of political hubbub about it like >>53980181 describes.
>>
>>53980181
Lmao who cares honestly
If the movie is good its all fine
>>53980198
Yea that kinda plot sounds interesting tbhq
>>
Are there any bits in the canon about where nuka cola is made, and who owns the company? I was thinking of running a game where the players head to a main distribution centre and it's been converted into a fortress by a ghoulified ceo of nuka cola, and his army of raiders calling him the nuka king/the sultan of sodas/the baron of beverages/the duke of drinks, etc

Or has somethig like that already happened in the games?
>>
>>53981100
These guys apparently
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cola_Corporation
>>
>>53981100
nukatown DLC for fallout 4. good stuff, part of the facility was taken over by employees that became ghouls.
>>
>>53981100
I think there was some NPC who rode around on a bike restocking the Nuka-Cola machines.
>>
>>53981100
There was a Nuka-Cola factory in Fallout 3, where you could find a lot of Nuka-Cola Quantum and a recipe for a new Nuka-Cola flavor that never saw production (and got a hockey-themed raider gang on your case for it). But otherwise all it had was Nuka-Cola securibots and Mirelurks with glowing blue colors.
>>
File: 1470672088500.jpg (38KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1470672088500.jpg
38KB, 500x332px
>threads making me want to play fallout
>want to play new vegas specifically
>computer is a toaster and only console is ps4
>have to settle for fallout 4
>can't even install halfway decent mods because of sony being retarded
>>
What was the Institute's endgame anyway?
>>
>>53985240
Play Fallout 1 or 2.

Your computer would have to be over 20 years old to not be able to play them.
>>
>>53979388
Except it's Agility based, being a projectile weapon. You could have a check to reload it, if STR is too low.
>>
>>53985872
It's very confused and terrible. They really seem just be doing science for science's sake, with the goal of having the Institute itself survive long enough for everyone else to die on the surface before trying to reclaim the Earth. However, their synths are being used just to fuck with people on the surface and cause fear and anger towards them. Let's not forgot that they're basically making human beings with full emotions and are shocked when they learn they may not want to be servants. A problem they could easily fix by just using earlier generation synths.
>>
>>53986491
I am also broke.
>>
>>53987346
>what is pirating
>>
>>53987346
Just pirate it then, not like it's a moral quandary since almost no one who worked on Fallout are at Interplay anymore.
>>
>>53977843
Ghouls were a byproduct of the initial FEV lacing in with the whole fallout post war that horrifically gave them such a mutation with Harold being the most extreme example, they still needed to eat, drink, and repair themselves to live they just look like rotting corpses. As to why Bethesda decided to just make them immortal dudes who will end up spending the rest of their lives hunger free and eventually feral is beyond me seeing as the original ferals were just crazy dudes.
>>
File: nylon66 selection.jpg (327KB, 1800x1259px) Image search: [Google]
nylon66 selection.jpg
327KB, 1800x1259px
>>53979037
I feel like with their little diamonds the Remington Nylons fit right into Fallout's Americana.
>>
>players come into secluded zion-esque area
>people there are tribal and pretty amazed at all the boomsticks they have
>this happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igxDzfJ2MPo
>also potentially a cannibal plot to fuck their shit up
>>
File: tumblr_or20ud9jXr1vfkt12o1_1280.jpg (113KB, 799x1054px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_or20ud9jXr1vfkt12o1_1280.jpg
113KB, 799x1054px
>>
File: VTunnel03c_0.jpg (1MB, 2420x920px) Image search: [Google]
VTunnel03c_0.jpg
1MB, 2420x920px
>>
>>53980079
>Necropolis had a lot of radioactive leaks and stuff and those guys weren't necessarily feral
Did you miss the swarm of feral ghouls outside of necropolis my dude?
>>
>>53978554
Me? Book? I'm still in google docs my dude. I just made the spreadsheets green and use consolas font. There's nothing wrong with google docs, PDFs are just easier to spread around and make look good.

I'd use more spreadsheets if I were you. Nothing gets me harder then spreadsheets.

Here's the link for anyone who hasn't seen it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-Fgo8uM9IArOHd5ZkQ2V0hNSVk?usp=sharing

Take a look guys, feedback is a huge help.
>>
>>53987346
>>53987575
That and the fact that GOG literally gave it away for free a couple years ago when the rights to the series was up for grabs.

Since it's DRM-free, I'm sure there are copies of it floating around.
>>
File: V8708.jpg (3MB, 2491x2020px) Image search: [Google]
V8708.jpg
3MB, 2491x2020px
Anyone have more concept art to dump? It can be real inspiring for RPG scenarios or getting a part of the setting right. Most of mine is from 3.
>>
File: VisTron03_0.jpg (5MB, 4176x2412px) Image search: [Google]
VisTron03_0.jpg
5MB, 4176x2412px
>>
File: WorlDGlobe01.jpg (7MB, 2328x2953px) Image search: [Google]
WorlDGlobe01.jpg
7MB, 2328x2953px
>>
File: 1449728122737.jpg (3MB, 2550x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1449728122737.jpg
3MB, 2550x2340px
>>
File: Laser_rifle_CA1.jpg (5MB, 2500x1916px) Image search: [Google]
Laser_rifle_CA1.jpg
5MB, 2500x1916px
>>
>>
>>53990428
kekeke
>>
File: northernvirginia.png (3MB, 1307x855px) Image search: [Google]
northernvirginia.png
3MB, 1307x855px
I'm looking to falloutfy the northern part of Virginia for my adventure but i'm not a US native so i might need some assistance

>north of the map is obviously bombed to shit
>clean water would not be coming from several lakes in the region
>people build small towns around those lakes and purify water from small rivers
>mostly brahmin farming, some minor hunting action going on
>legion might have a couple of scout camps to the west of the map
>small bos presence
>the rest is custom factions
>>
File: better.png (891KB, 799x1048px) Image search: [Google]
better.png
891KB, 799x1048px
>>53990428
>>
File: qualitycontent.png (728KB, 796x1033px) Image search: [Google]
qualitycontent.png
728KB, 796x1033px
>>53996515
>>
>>53996553
ma wifu, senpai
>>
>>53976702

SLC is obliterated in canon, anon. It got hit with a dozen nukes, it is stated to be nothing but a glass crater with ruins in it.
>>
File: FatManCA.jpg (502KB, 1024x783px) Image search: [Google]
FatManCA.jpg
502KB, 1024x783px
>>
File: tumblr_o3ws4cArZj1t7y2q1o3_500.png (789KB, 487x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ws4cArZj1t7y2q1o3_500.png
789KB, 487x683px
>>
File: Vault87conceptart3.jpg (763KB, 1024x869px) Image search: [Google]
Vault87conceptart3.jpg
763KB, 1024x869px
>>
File: WasteLSandals01_0.jpg (4MB, 2428x2897px) Image search: [Google]
WasteLSandals01_0.jpg
4MB, 2428x2897px
>>
>>
File: 1453607053282.jpg (356KB, 1024x579px) Image search: [Google]
1453607053282.jpg
356KB, 1024x579px
>>
File: 1453607504873.jpg (120KB, 525x602px) Image search: [Google]
1453607504873.jpg
120KB, 525x602px
>>
File: ED-E.jpg (163KB, 734x1087px) Image search: [Google]
ED-E.jpg
163KB, 734x1087px
Just dropping in to remind you all that ED-E is the best companion.
>>
>>53998307
You mean Cass, of course.
>>
>>53998469
That washed up old drunk? Please.

Although if New Vegas had romance options I probably would have romanced her. Or Arcade.
>>
>>53998469
>Boone bugs out teleports everywhere
>Time go get cass
Shes not a combat monster like boone but i like her dialogue
>>
>>53996463
YO ANY VIRGINIANS UP IN THIS BITCH HELP A GUY OUT
>>
>>53996463
>>legion might have a couple of scout camps to the west of the map
What. Dude the Legion is from Arizona. Why would they send scouts a thousand miles away?
>>
>>53999005
ACCEPTABLE
>Raul, Danny Trejo. Doesn't want any trouble.
>ED-E, cute robot created by the last vestige of civilization.
>Rex, doggo. Of course he's acceptable.

UNACCEPTABLE
>Veronica, unironically voiced by Felcia Day. If you take her you might as well max out three credit card on loot crates, bad dragon dildos, League of Legends skins, and tickets to comic con.

>Boone, "MUH WIFE", has a perk that totally ruins the aesthetic of the game. Inspired a generation to squeal about how kewl the NCR is on the internet for half a decade.

>Lily, literally a super mutant. Should be shot on sight, a long side Marcus, and anything else that's big and green/blue.

>Cass, "long dick jonson had a long fucking dick" "fuck" "bitch" Wow, great writing oblivion.

>Arcade, faggot by every sense of the word. Feels guilty that his father tried to help reclaim America because his only character trait is being a big wet pussy. Have to waste your time playing tour guide if you want APA. Goes home and cries if you side with Caesar's Legion, which is pretty funny.
>>
>>53999745
>Shit taste
>Unironically likes the Enclave
Wow, it's completely expected.
>>
>>53999232
It's implied that they have scouts deep in NCR territory so i think it makes sense that they also have agents elsewhere

Its reasonable for them to have people where theres stuff they're potentially interested in

Another thing i've thought of is that a rogue legion unit wants to open up their own legion. Maybe they'll succeed maybe they'll fail miserably
>>
File: 1449449699501.jpg (142KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1449449699501.jpg
142KB, 1191x670px
>>53975697
That's something I have come across with my Mid-Waste campaign, I found myself needing to incorporate vehicles because otherwise the distances involved would simply be infeasible. It makes sense though, given that the majority of American car culture is focused in Detroit and the midwest in general.

The other problem that I found with the region is explaining how the fuck people stay alive in the northerly sections of the region, which made the cultures that I developed end up as significantly less compassionate in nature than usual, but also much bigger, as people need to be further apart to have enough food/land to be able to survive the cold months.
>>53976553
I honestly just ignored most of Tactics, outside of the idea that the Brotherhood used to be in the region but have now largely left, though I do sort of like the Reavers from there.
>And most people will focus on a much smaller area.
I chose Great Lake
>>
File: shi_emperor.png (19KB, 288x181px) Image search: [Google]
shi_emperor.png
19KB, 288x181px
What do you think happened to these guys after 2243?
>>
File: 20170128030229_1.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170128030229_1.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>53999005
Funny how I love a woman that insults me and talks shit about everyone. Probably because I think it wasn't just for 'adultness,' it hinted at a deeper character that I was interested in.

She wasn't a combat monster, nah. But I liked giving her a cowboy repeater to back me up while I used a shotgun. Pain to keep getting her ammunition after a while though.
>>
>>54000059
It's unclear, but it's likely that they were in some way incorporated into the NCR, given that in some of Van Buren's documentation a scientist in the Boulder Research facility was a Shi, and the facility was tenuously in the grasp of the NCR.
>>
>>54000111
She ties well into Fallout 2, shes got character and her alcoholism hints at loss, maybe depression

She's also got a couple of fun things to say and her quest is fucking amazing

Also fuck the courier for not sleeping with her in the epilogue
>>
>the master is basically a nazi
>the enclave is a mix between nazi ideologies and the former us govt
>now that the metaplot is advancing there won't be big bads motivated by fev or other radiation induced shit
>caesars legion will slowly die out due to the brotherhood gaining more territory and the ncr actually using their techonological advancements

Whos going to be the big bad now?
>>
>>54000265
Does there really need to be a big bad? It can be kind of silly how each game has had some 'big evil,' no matter where you go.
>>
>>54000314
>people making fanart of a horrible cutscene and one of the worst parts of the fallout series
Kill me
>>
What goes on here?
>>
File: Canada.gif (293KB, 1000x871px) Image search: [Google]
Canada.gif
293KB, 1000x871px
>>54000552
*Here
>>
File: 1470951473999.jpg (539KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470951473999.jpg
539KB, 1920x1080px
>>54000552
Telling you to drop the fucking name, you idiot
>>
File: l9WGryj.png (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
l9WGryj.png
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>54000577
Make be plebian, you fags need to lrn2 ontology, philology, basic analytic philisophy, and argue.

Sad! Goes in all fields.
>>
>>54000552
>>54000575
We don't know really. It was annexed by the US during the resource wars, so we know it was subject to martial law for awhile. There's footage of US soldiers field-executing Canadians in one of the games. The annexation did not go smoothly or well, but it did happen. They probably were less nuked than the US, due to smaller population, but we don't have too much detail.
>>
>>54000603
>one of the games

Fallout 1 opening scene, to the tune of "maybe" by the ink spots actually. The Day of the rake was glorious apparently, but I thought there would be more lore about Canada from the Anchorage DLC.

That's kind of disappointing.
>>
>>54000265
>the master is basically a nazi

He's more of transhumanist desu, that's much different than what the Nazis were.

>Enclave are Nazis and US government

>Caesar's legion will fail because muh technology

Lmao no, it's a stalemate between brotherhood and the legion. The NCR might be conquered by the legion because of how easy it to infiltrate their socieities.
>>
>>54000596
>>54000639
>tripfag
Go back whence you came, edgefag
>>
>>54000784
>Enclave are Nazis and US government

Forgot the "K"
>>
>>54000812
Overton window, look it up.
>>
>>54000829
>look up this totally unrelated thing that I read about in wikipedia/in my community college class
??
>>
File: 1495076742112.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495076742112.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>54000896
>totally unrelated
>The overton window has nothing to do with calling other people edgefags

Brainlet detected
>>
>>54000265
Is the Brotherhood really capable of expanding that much? They are reduced to almost nothing in the West. It's also not impossible that new "villains" will be introduced, or that the Khans go full Genghis in a generation or two from the North, or even that the Legion will thrive despite its defeat. Caesar could survive a few more years or someone like Lucius could take over, and that's assuming the NCR/House/Yes Man won at Hoover dam. The Legion ending could be canon as far as we know, or it could be a combination of the different endings.
>>
>>54000923
>theory about public opinion influencing what a politician can do is related to telling a tripfag who tries to be edgy to take his trip off
This is some advanced shitposting, I bow my head to your unquenchable autism
>>
File: 1495560748469.jpg (186KB, 700x639px) Image search: [Google]
1495560748469.jpg
186KB, 700x639px
>>54000996
>theory about public opinion influencing what a politician can do
>That's all the overton window is

It's a measure of the public 's opinion on what is acceptable discourse and policy, it's not just what a politician can recommend , it's a measurement that a politician can use to see what said politician can realistically implement, sure, but it's not just that. Read the wiki article ffs.

When I reference you to the overton window after you call me an edgefags I'm making the point that you are too much of a centrist and are otherizing concepts you don't agree with based on public opinion (an unintentional ad populum) rather than your own thought.

It's an accusation of you being anti-dialological based on your own ethos being ad populum based.

Of course this would get into what is a priori deductive reasoning but hey if you don't even know what the overton window is, I'm not even going to bother with the a priori
>>
>>54000265
You don't really need a single big bad in a Fallout game as New Vegas has shown the next game could just have an over arching goal for the region or factions involved.
>>
>>54001433
I would argue that legion is the big bad in fallout nv as they are the primary reason for conflict in the region
>>
>>53999232
You could maybe go with the idea that New Vegas ended with Legion victory, and that for the final push against the NCR they sent agents far east to see what resources there are to be had.
>>
>>54001457
You'd be wrong, New Vegas had Brotherhood vs NCR tensions well before the legion came into the area. Hoover Dam and Helios 1 are the reasons for the conflict, it's just an important strategic location to hold for every major faction.

Nee Vegas doesn't offer a bid bad, just many competing factions. Every faction is a big bad in it's own way.
>>
>>54001546
Would you really say that the Brotherhood NCR conflict is bigger than the Legion conflict?
>>
>>54001433
New Vegas strove to have that 'conflict of interest' story, where each and every faction had pros and cons, but they fell short with the Legion. When all you see of them is wanton murder, destruction, and slavery, and all done with a condescending air of superiority, they pretty much take the role of big bad in New Vegas. The hints at the benefits of Legion life are minimal, and quite frankly they're all dicks. A well-written Legion companion would have gone a long way towards fleshing them out, as well as more Legion locations. Even the writers and developers of the game admitted the Legion was largely a one-dimensional bad guy faction, and said they regretted not doing a better job with them.
>>
>>54001662
Just filter the namefag.
>>
>>54001725
>Can do all sorts of quests to gain rep for NCR, and basically able to befriend them everywhere.
>Almost nothing outside the main quest line for the Legion
I tried to get into a Legion playthrough, but I quit that after I realized there were almost no different quests or areas offered by doing so. That was a really big let down, especially without a single legion friendly companion. Not even an option to put a Legion agent up as Primm's new Sheriff
>>
>>54001725
Pretty much the only people that really tell you about the benefits are cass, and that one merchant in the legion camp. Pretty much a shame since it means that no one will sympathise with legion just making them bullet sponges for everyone playing.
>>
>>54001845
The Legion apparently had a lot more planned for it, but most of it was cut for time.
>>
>>54001662
It was, then the Brotherhood got BTFO and left the area, and that doesn't make Legion a big bad either

>>54001745
Do you need a safe space?
>>
>>54001872
>Pretty much the only people that really tell you about the benefits are cass, and that one merchant in the legion camp

And NPC's like we went over before this thread was too butthurt to admit.
>>
>>54002027
There are no random NPCs that detail the benefits of life under the Legion. Some retard threw that claim out and couldn't back it up, and no dialogue that I found for any Caravaneer NPCs said anything close to it.
>>
>>54002220
>There are no random NPCs that detail the benefits of life under the Legion.

Yes there is

>Couldn't back it up

They are NPC's Christ sorry I can't remember every fucking location of every Npc unlike you rain man tier autists. The most we get about life under the legion comes from random caravaneers, Cass, and the Caravan guy at the Fort. Otherwise all you here is rumors (at least that's what I have seen personally) meanwhile the vault says this
>>
>>54002384
>Non-enslaved people living under the Legion are primarily inhabitants of non-tribal communities that existed before the rise of the Legion and have been left free, as subjects (for a lack of a better term). Instead of enslaving skilled people and cutting into their industrial and agricultural base, the Legion opts to enslave tribes (especially in areas dominated by them, like Arizona, New Mexico and other regions). In certain cases, for example, in active war zones like the Mojave or NCR-controlled territories, the Legion will make an exception and enslave non-tribal persons.[14]

>However, those who escape this fate and become subjects enjoy superior stability and security, thanks to the Legion's governance. People who live in Legion towns enjoy a stable, consistent flow of electricity and water, a steady and ample food supply, and very low crime and corruption levels. They enjoy safe and productive lives with one caveat: never disobey or disturb the Legion. Caesar's men only ask once and the order has to be carried out without question, even if it means resettling fifty miles away at a moment's notice. This generally means that Legion subjects have little, if any, political freedom, rights, or say in what happens to their communities.[14] However, if one keeps quiet, goes about their business and fulfills the rare request the Legion has, then Caesar is a peaceful and caring lord.[14][41] Many people don't consider this a problem, as even before Caesar's rise, they had little say in the chaotic wastes.[14]
>>
>>54002424
>Legion territories are also very profitable for traders. As long as the trader doesn't try to sell drugs or alcohol to the Legion, they will enjoy a safe territory and very light tax regimen. Traders can actually travel on their own without guards in Legion lands, as all bandits were either ruthlessly exterminated or driven off - something that's unthinkable in the NCR. Coupled with the absence of heavy Republican taxation, many traders stick to Legion lands for regular trading, though some cross the river to trade with the NCR from time to time.[42]

Now can I tell you all the npc and character names of the people where this info comes from? No.

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Caesar%27s_Legion#Social_structure
>>
>>54002384
You don't have to remember the location of every NPC, although the fact that you don't even remember the ones you swear exist isn't helping your case. Dialogue files can be found online. If you want your claim to be accepted, find them and link them. Otherwise everything you're saying is meaningless. Cass and Dale only say that the Legion keeps their roads safe.
>>
>>54001872
I haven't played much of New Vegas, but didn't the Khans have the potential for some sort of deal with them?
>>
>>54002424
Only one of the sources in the paragraphs you posted is actually from within the game, and it's Dale. Well, [41], is also from the game, but it's from an ending and only supports the Mojave Wasteland being chaotic. [14] is just a forum post about stuff they would have liked to be in the final product. Useless, since we're talking the Legion's presentation in the game itself. [42] is Dale, who we've already acknowledged.
>>
>>54002472
Yes, but since the Khans are a tribe they would have ended up the Twisted Hairs way and end up betrayed and assimilated like shown in the Legion ending. A way to make the Legion a bit less evil would be having them keep their auxiliaries/allies around and have the integration be voluntary and more gradual.
>>
>>54002472
I only remember the sissy poet boy who you can convince to go join the Followers of the Apocalypse and the Legion Frumentarius who just wants to take advantage of the Khans before having the Legion kill them all.
>>
>>54002680
>14

Is Joshua Sawyer saying what the Legion outside of the Vegas area is like regardless of if it was implemented in the game or not. The fallout universe still treats that concept as canon.

Also if you went on to read the rest of the link it still paints the exact same picture, all of which is 100% canon.
>>
>>54003341
We're talking about the Legion's portrayal within the game, and 14 specifically is somebody asking what they would have liked to show off with additional Legion locations and him answering that question. Sure it's canon via WoG, but it has no bearing on what we're talking about, because it's not presented in the game at all. I also don't care about the rest of the link. If there's something in there that supports whatever claims you would like to make, present it. I'm not going to trawl through it just to prove your arguments for you.
>>
>>54002680
We are talking about a fictional organization here man. If its your game you can present the Legion however you want. You can make the Legion one dimensional mustache twirlers who eat babies and die en mass to brave and heroic NCR soldiers if you really want to.

But if you want a realistic and compelling setting the Legion has to be better than the NCR in some ways.
>>
>>54003746
What are you talking about? This all started with somebody pointing out the Legion's poor portrayal in New Vegas, the video game. If it was for a PnP campaign or something I could do whatever I wanted, and what I would do is flesh them out, show the benefits of living under them.
>>
File: 1471158112356.jpg (51KB, 540x535px) Image search: [Google]
1471158112356.jpg
51KB, 540x535px
>>54003746
>if you want a realistic and compelling setting the Legion has to be different than the NCR in some ways that can be construed as better depending on the situation, as considering either side outright better is wholly a matter of opinion as long as their societies are functional

Don't worry man I got you covered.
>>
>>53967281
Anyone know the starting caps for Big Apple Wasteland?

Or starting equipment? Im a little lost on this
>>
>>53998307
>>53998469
ED-E is best overall.

Cass is best girl.

I wish the Fallout 3 companions were as good. The only ones I liked was Sergeant RL-3. Charon was okay too.
>>
>>54000265
>Master was basically a nazi
Wrong, he turned others people into Super Mutants in order to save humanity but didn't bother to check if they were sterile.
>Enclave is nazi and former us goverment
Sort of, America became a very authoritarian government by the end of its lifespan and they are right about pure strains being different from other humans.
>caesars legion will slowly die out due to the brotherhood gaining more territory
You best be talking about the Midwestern Brotherhood because the Lost Hills Brotherhood is in no way ready to gain more territory.
>and the ncr actually using their techonological advancements
What Caesar's legion has is numbers and high morale not to mention they use whatever they scavenge and whatever useful thing they get from the tribes they conquered. The NCR lacks the same morale and many people within it don't even trust their own government. Sure the death of Caesar will cause the legion to slowly die out due to Lanius taking over and people not having the same loyalty to him but the NCR has already been dying out due to its corrupt leadership.
>>
File: devaluation_denarius.jpg (34KB, 450x313px) Image search: [Google]
devaluation_denarius.jpg
34KB, 450x313px
>>54005510
>The NCR lacks the same morale and many people within it don't even trust their own government.
Because the government is corrupt and running the country into the ground. They even recreated the Fed. Debasing the currency is the start of a death spiral.
>>
>>54005157
I wish I could say 'Butch was alright,' but I've never managed to survive the main quest long enough to get him. I know it's pathetic since you can skip right to the hidden Vault, but somehow it's so draining - I never get past the escape from the Enclave.

All I know is his voice acting is surprisingly fun looking back on it, and he was actually a pretty decent character - probably because he was actually involved in your backstory and had to get fleshed out a little. Probably far too weak to travel around with much though.
>>
>>54005510
>they use whatever they scavenge and whatever useful thing they get from the tribes they conquered
I thought the Legion was largely low-tech on principle?
>>
>>54006603
Did you miss the part where Legion hitsquads have plasma grenades and thermal lances?

Did you miss the quest where the Legion was trying to buy a shit ton of energy weapons from the Van Grafs?
>>
>>54006603
They usually make their own stuff but aren't stupid enough not to see the potential in using guns. That's why you see leaders and scouts using some sort of gun and Howitzer in the camp.
>>
>>53974789

It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever I see someone talk about FO: Wastelands 2.0. I'm glad it's getting some use.
>>
>>54006623
I thought the Legion supplied the Van Graff tech to the Fiends, keeping the energy weapons away from their own troops.

And yeah they use advanced melee weapons and grenades, though grenades sorta solve their own problem since they blow up.
>>
>>54005861
>They even recreated the Fed.
To be fair, they didn't exactly have control over Caps either.

The only time they had a backed currency was from a little before Fo2 up through the BoS pulling a Goldfinger on their Ft Knox equivalent.
>>
>>54006603
It isn't low-tech so much as it is non-dependent, the Legion never wants to be trapped in the situation that the NCR find itself in during the events of NV: Overreaching their supply lines and unable to adequately equip their troops. Almost all of the lower level Legionaries have equipment that could be salvaged from the local environment, from their Machetes and Throwing spears, to their Bitter Drink and Medicine Powder, you can get that shit anywhere.
>>54008107
They were supplying themselves for the Battle of Hoover Dam and were trying to get the Van Graffs into the fold.
>>
>>54008107
>I thought the Legion supplied the Van Graff tech to the Fiends
I'm pretty sure the Fiends having energy weapons is just a mistake. Veronica mentions that the Fiends are giving the NCR a lot more trouble than the Brotherhood did despite not having energy weapons and power armor.
>>
>>54006623
Did you miss the part where I said "largely"?
>>
>>
File: 1415833258015.jpg (74KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415833258015.jpg
74KB, 620x600px
>>
>>
File: Fallout_1___Companions_by_Neizu.jpg (124KB, 350x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_1___Companions_by_Neizu.jpg
124KB, 350x1428px
>>
File: 1430858335606.jpg (52KB, 386x650px) Image search: [Google]
1430858335606.jpg
52KB, 386x650px
Tribals.
>>
>>
File: fallout3header.jpg (245KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
fallout3header.jpg
245KB, 610x340px
>>
>>
File: friendly_fire_by_neizu-d4w6q50.jpg (129KB, 864x802px) Image search: [Google]
friendly_fire_by_neizu-d4w6q50.jpg
129KB, 864x802px
>>
File: fallout_ocs_by_psuede-d6m3bv4.jpg (560KB, 1210x760px) Image search: [Google]
fallout_ocs_by_psuede-d6m3bv4.jpg
560KB, 1210x760px
>>
File: Moira_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg (72KB, 302x337px) Image search: [Google]
Moira_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg
72KB, 302x337px
>>
File: arcade_gannon_by_neizu-d55vm3u.jpg (85KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
arcade_gannon_by_neizu-d55vm3u.jpg
85KB, 500x569px
>>
File: NCR_Ranger_concept1.jpg (102KB, 1066x1400px) Image search: [Google]
NCR_Ranger_concept1.jpg
102KB, 1066x1400px
>>
File: 1449731598585.png (924KB, 862x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1449731598585.png
924KB, 862x1217px
>>54011424
What sort of Fallout characters have you made in the past?
>>
>>54008308
Caesar seemed to hate the idea of too much tech isolating his men from the killing.
>>
>>54012659
Makes sense as the Legion is basically a big standing army. You are at a serious disadvantage if the men in your army haven't experienced killing someone firsthand.
>>
How do I justify my House-ending "Selfish lover of civilized comfort." character turning the Kings against the NCR?
>>
File: il_570xN.802873275_h3k7.jpg (75KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.802873275_h3k7.jpg
75KB, 570x428px
>>54014216
How is using melee weapons really all that different from using a gun?
>>
>>54017824
Its a lot worse given that you get killed both from afar and from up close
>>
>>54017824
Not him, but I think he means that only killing your enemies from afar puts a kind of buffer between you and the action of killing, and that it's better to have your army composed of hardened, desensitized killers.
>>
>>54017824
>>54018910
>>54019208
I mean he focuses on mainly short range guns, you only see a handful of Snipers in the Legion, most of them have lever actions or shotguns until the attack on the dam. (And really I feel like the Dam attack should have been Assault Carbines, not Marksman ones, but since even vanilla 5mm has 10 points of AP I think they reconsidered that.)
>>
>>54019208
But don't a lot of the NCR soldiers, or at least some of the snipers, suffer from PTSD or other problems? Doesn't seem like there's much of a buffer there.
>>
>>54020470
That's from the Bitter Springs Massacre, iirc. And maybe they wouldn't have gotten PTSD if they were desensitized killers. Anyway, I'm not arguing for or against, just saying what I thought he meant.
>>
>>54017824
Eh, Caesar was mostly against the use of Robots not Guns. I can't find a piece of dialog that says he's against the use of guns, in fact, he even taught a lot of tribes he conquered how to use them.
>>
>>54021546
I mean guns are technology and according to Caesars ideology technology makes you weak so if you take his shit 100% serious you probably would just use huge ass swords like Lanius

That said he's
a) full of shit
b) brain damaged
>>
>>54021672
He says he't not fully against technology, he just thinks that reliance on it makes people weaker. That said the Legion do use guns but only in very small amounts.
>>
>>53999975
>The other problem that I found with the region is explaining how the fuck people stay alive in the northerly sections of the region, which made the cultures that I developed end up as significantly less compassionate in nature than usual, but also much bigger, as people need to be further apart to have enough food/land to be able to survive the cold months.
I though cold, northern regions and other harsh, underpopulated, resource deprived places produced friendly cultures that avoid violence. Too much fighting during your three months of summer, spring and fall can really fuck up your ability to survive the rest of the year.

Also, the flags in that pic are top tier and better than a lot of real life flags. Especially the Great Lakes and Great Plains.
>>
>>54021672
He just doesn't want any technology that will remove men from the battlefield. Please try talking to Caesar next time.
>>
>>54023612
Laser and plasma weapons also increase the need for high skilled engineering personnel, people vital to the war effort that can't really be on the front and also can't be treated like slaves.
>>
>>54017824
>How is using melee weapons really all that different from using a gun?
You've never had to use a melee weapon in a real life-or-death situation or you'd never fucking ask that question. It's a world of difference. One way, you pull a trigger and someone falls over, maybe you see some blood spurt or a hole appear, but the visceral horror of the act isn't there. The other... you feel their body crunch and you hear the sounds of death and you smell it on your hands and your clothes afterwards and you can't get clean enough and you burn that shirt because you can't see it without seeing them and you can't see them anymore without going mad from what you did. Don't speak of killing and ask blithely "what's the big deal" if you don't know what it means to kill someone. For what it's worth, I hope you never know what I'm talking about. It isn't knowledge worth having.
>>
>>54025433
I'm not trying to offend what you're implying you have gone through, but it's not as if people who fought using guns weren't ever shocked by what happened, even if it's only after the fact. I admit I don't know shit, so I can't really know how much of it is stresses from other things and how much is the idea of visceral, close up horror.
>>
>>54023395
It does, for sure. But it also causes very strong in-group, out-group view points. That causes the polities to become extremely hostile on a macro level, since if you have no culutural touchstones there's very little reason not to kill you offhandedly since survival is more difficult. The Northern Europeans were extremely violent throughout their history, it's just that they had controls on it internally, and for several centuries a perfectly feasible outside target.
>>
>>54023612
>>54025290
Beyond that, blades don't run out of bullets. You could drop a group of Legion nearly anywhere in the wastes and they'd know how to get weapons thats they know how to use anywhere. Do the same for some NCR troopers and sure, they can fashion some rebar clubs and machetes, but they wouldn't fight with them like the Legion could.
>>
>>54025497
Hey, that's fair. Plenty of folk have suffered from having to shoot others, very true. I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who had to kill and was affected by it. All I'm saying is that asking "what's the difference" is just broadcasting that you're a moron. All I'm saying is that, in my experience, one is much more viscerally horrible than the other. Doesn't make the other situation less awful though. Truly, taking a life is a bad way to do things, I wouldn't recommend it.

4chan friendly tl;dr: Killing at all is 0/10 would not do again
>>
>>54025619
I feel like that would be a better point if guns and explosives weren't so readily available in the Mojave.
>>
>>53976473
Or the least intense version at the end of Broken Steal
>>
>>54025691
But what is the situation in the Four Corners region? What I am getting at is that having uniformity in the legion's equipment as being low-tech, or at best rather simple tech, is that they have more flexibility in how they deploy their troops because they all can live off the land. 'The Army Feeds Itself' is a maxim that Caesar took to heart.
>>
>>54025874
Are you extrapolating all of this from Caesar just saying that being dependent on technology is bad?
>>
>>54025933
No, I am by the fact that if you look at the stuff that you gain from looting Legion members it's all stuff that can be either gathered or salvaged easily from the local environment. Throwing Spears, Machetes, Armor made of Football equipment, this is all stuff that you can get easily in a post-apocalyptic environment.
>>
>>54025798
>Do you chose the place that has been totally on your side the whole way here, and will cause the remnants of their faction to be hostile to you forever
>or the guys that have been antagonizing you since the moment you and daddy reunited and will be hostile no matter what you do
>also a few other options you can't even pick because fuck you

What a hard choice.
>>
>>54026127
>this is all stuff that you can get easily in a post-apocalyptic environment
Not quite.
>>
>>54025622
Military? Did you meet anyone who enjoyed the killing? What were they like?
>>
>>54026482
Really? Because The throwing spears just look like lengths of wood with crudely rigged pieces of metal, and the Machetes look the same, only with less wood.
>>
>>54026542
Not military, was homeless for awhile, it wasn't enjoyable (Texans are literally the scum of the earth). Never ran with anyone who liked fighting, I avoided anyone who expressed a like for it. Only had to do it a few times, only killed once (that I know of). Did run into a few guys who'd been out there for years and years, they had some fucking war stories let me tell you what. Fights with gangs of Mexicans, jumped up niggers, off-duty cops, each other, whatever. After hearing some of what they went through, I count myself among the luckiest fucks alive for getting off the streets and to safety again.

Here's a story about something I heard: Couple of guys were squatting in an alley behind a strip mall. A gang of local Mexican toughs took a dislike to them, rolled up on them one night with guns, dragged them to a local garage and executed one of them, gang-land style. Other guy manages to get free and bolts, Mexicans can't shoot worth shit and he's a hell of a runner so he gets away. Gathers some other homeless guys (there was an unspoken rule: non-homeless fucks with one of us, he fucked with all of us), come back the next night with a posse. Homeless guys have makeshift clubs and knives and shit, but they get the jump on the Mexicans. It's ugly, blood everywhere, bleeding/dying/dead guys all over, cops get called due to gunfire, everyone legs it. Our "hero" ends up with one other dude running after the Mexican guy who executed the first homeless casualty. They catch him in an alley, far from the scene of the fight. I won't describe what happened to that Mexican guy, but it was pretty bad sounding (and I say this as someone who saw some shit). It was over after that, a few homeless guys and Mexicans got rounded up, a bunch got shot/stabbed/whatever, some got away.

Just an example of the life. Don't EVER be homeless, man, especially not somewhere with racial tensions.
>>
>>54026706
If you mean you can find the materials to make them fairly easily in a post-apocalyptic environment, I suppose you could, if you had the tools to shape wood, cut metal, and then bind them together sturdily enough so that they don't break the minute they make a solid hit. But that's a moot point. Legionaries don't make their own weapons. They have blacksmiths that craft and maintain their weapons.
>>
File: 10572-1-1457046077.jpg (234KB, 1506x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10572-1-1457046077.jpg
234KB, 1506x1200px
>>53987346
I don't know if it works or not, but the Internet Archive has Fallout 1 on it.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Fallout_1997
>>
>>53993064
Can confirm.

t. torrented GOG version of fallout 1&2
>>
>>54026282
I mean if you check the wiki blasting the Brotherhood gets you a big magnum revolver.

And that's it.
>>
>>54027188
Technically you get some other goodies, but nothing that you can't get from scavenging in the Wasteland, or from blowing up the Enclave. So it's really the only perk to blowing up the Brotherhood, which isn't really worth it.
>>
>>54027461
Or just console command it because it's a stupid bit of loot that doesn't really have any story specific reason to be on that path other than "Gotta reward teh Lolevil players"
>>
File: VBlueSuit14.jpg (2MB, 1504x2876px) Image search: [Google]
VBlueSuit14.jpg
2MB, 1504x2876px
Love these threads, but I don't think they'll survive outside the weekend. Or even then. Wish we had more people playing games to talk about.
>>
What would be an illness too difficult for anybody but the folks from big MT to treat in the Fallout universe?
>>
>>54029244
Ghoulification.
>>
>>54029269
I was thinking of something terminal as a thing to explain a villains motivation, Walter White style
>>
>>54029280
Being a ghoul is terminal.
>>
>>54029307
Cmon bruh u know what im saying
>>
>>54029405
Yeah, I know. I wasn't just making a joke though. A ghoul feeling himself slowly going feral and trying to prevent it by any means would be an interesting character. It would also stick with things established in the universe, so you wouldn't have to make up some futuristic degenerative disease or something. Plus, the fact that ghouls are doomed to go feral isn't something that's really been explored in-depth, to the extent of my knowledge.

But failing that I suppose you could say cancer was never cured, or make up a disease like I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>54029537
How would that happen post-war to some kind of villain?

I wanted to do something south of the capital wasteland with the Lone Wanderer having some kind of break - i guess him turing into a ghoul would work if he wore powerarmor but its still iffy with the voice thing

Regarding cancer theres pecedent of curing it in new vegas so i don't necessarily want that
>>
>>54029556
>How would that happen post-war to some kind of villain?
I don't think all ghouls were created in the war. I think just high exposure to radiation can trigger it in somebody.
>>
>>54029244
Take a modern disease and mutate it a bit so it would take someone versed in old diseases to know the cure - or even a reintroduced old disease. If it feels weird to use the Bubonic Plague, just focus on the symptoms.

Problem with going Walt Whitman was that cancer took a reasonable amount of time and didn't badly impair him, where most diseases rarely have either luxury.
>>
>>53969754

I think you have it wrong, its a -5% percent per hex outside the gun's range plus perception
>>
>>54030327
Yea but what happens if they've got enemies closer to them?

The gun should give a hitchance bonus then, right?
>>
>>54029966
I was thinking of a strain of the trogg disease

Heightened aggression and physical degeneration sounds like a fun premise
>>
>>53970632
Link to this d100 system?
>>
File: MuseumofFreedomMural_1776.png (4MB, 1998x1440px) Image search: [Google]
MuseumofFreedomMural_1776.png
4MB, 1998x1440px
Post good ideas with a horrible execution
>>
>>54029556
Ghoulification happened in NV also, remember Camp Searchlight?
>>
>>54033005

Basically everything in Fallout 4 could have been a good idea if they had just hired a few semi-competent writers.
>>
>>54033472
Oh yea right
>>
>>54033520
A lot of the stuff is great on paper and then you actually play the game and the dialogue and rpg stuff is garbo
>>
File: todd_chim.png (174KB, 381x322px) Image search: [Google]
todd_chim.png
174KB, 381x322px
>>54033004
>>53970632
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-Fgo8uM9IArOHd5ZkQ2V0hNSVk?usp=sharing

It's WIP, so I put it on google. Instead of circulating a new PDF every time I add something, the google docs are always up to date.

I guess I'll give you the quick pitch.
>Stats and skills derived from SPECIAL
>D100 based, skill focused gameplay, almost all of the dice rolls you'll be making will be testing a skill
>Perks and Traits
>Combat based on AP just like the originals.
>Well tuned and balanced combat. No weapons should be totally useless, or totally overpowered.
>Spreadsheets which make character creation take under 5 minutes, and take zero math.
>Spreadsheets which make keeping track of weight and caps as easy as copy + paste.
>In Depth survival rules. Food, water, radiation, heat, cold, disease/infection, etc.
>Rules for vehicles in and out of combat
And much more.

So take a look. If you have any feedback just post it here or email me. It really helps a lot.
>>
>>54033714
Have you tested your system and how did it go?
>>
>>54033714
Spreadsheets are god's gift to us chimps. I really do like it, but unfortunately I have some institutional inertia going when it comes to keeping Rogue Trader rules.
>>54033520
They just needed to be braver, have the PC be a synth, have the Synths be a real threat, don't use Supermutants again. They never killed the darlings of the series in 3, nor did they do so again in 4, so these useless game concepts just stick around and have to be justified through shitty, Institute handwavery.
>>54026896
>Legionaries don't make their own weapons. They have blacksmiths that craft and maintain their weapons.
Yeah, but they don't need supply lines the same way that the NCR does, which is what I have been arguing the entire time. Caesar's genius in this way is evident if you look at their equipment, in the lower ranks it's as I said, shit that can just be scavenged and then almost immediately put to use, unlike the NCR which needs to have FOBs to supply it's troops with food and ammo.
>>
I've got a Fallout: Detroit setting I've been working on for a few months and would like some feedback.

Here's some highlights-

•Region affected by a nuclear winter cycle that has affected the wildlife and societies that dwell in it. I.e. White fur coated deathclaws, ice hockey Canadian raiders.
•Downtown Detroit has become a technological hub with the reclamation of a number of pre-war factories leading to a return of vehicles.
•Brotherhood of Steel has been trying, for a number of years, to acquire these factories due to a few of them having the capabilities to manufacture new suits of power armor.
•Flint is literally Murder City, a raider stronghold with all the typical psychotic attributes to a crazy settlement.
•A vault that has only recently opened holding a population of Dwellers submitted to constant war propaganda and a hefty arsenal since it's closing and now look to purge and unify the wasteland.

This is what I've thought of but I am open to ideas and criticism!
>>
>>54033863
Quite well. My players are on a mission to go save a kidnapped girl from some bandits. The Cast goes as such

Jack Young
>Autistic Scientist
>Wears broken glasses, a heavy labcoat, and bellbottom jeans.
>Part chemist, part boyscout.
>Has a bladed gauntlet and cowboy repeater.

Xander Polk
>Face of the party
>Friendly doctor trained by the Followers.
>Only character with CH above 4.
>Mainly support in combat. Pistols and Stimpaks.

Herb Roland
>Outdoorsman from NCR
>Quiet type (player is new to tabletops)
>Marksman in combat, Varmint rifle at a distance.

FLOUNDER
>Metal armored bruiser from Reno
>Borderline retarded. Would've been in special classes if he went to school
>Talks in all caps.
>Was once a fighter but lost a fight that cost his boss a LOT of money and was run out of town.
>Runs into combat with a custom sledge shaped to be a crow's head called BEAKER/BREEKER.
>>
>>54033982
>Yeah, but they don't need supply lines the same way that the NCR does
Yes they do. Legion still primarily uses guns because they're not idiots, and you can't feed an army on scavenging. Plus with their martial philosophy and shitty medical tech Legion would have far greater attrition rates.
>>
>>54034233
>Legion still primarily uses guns because they're not idiots
I mean, no, no they don't, you're just straight up wrong given how the game is written and the equipment that the troops are coded to have. The majority of lower ranked Legion don't have firearms, as per the wiki:
>The Legion excels at melee combat, as evidenced by their choice of weaponry - primarily, the machete, which cripples limbs. They are not averse, tactically speaking, to using firearms, but will not provide them to the lower ranked troops. They usually have to scavenge firearms, and the ones used by the Recruits are rather low quality and include .357 Magnum revolvers, varmint rifles, and single shotguns.

So yeah, seriously, shut the fuck up.

>>54034087
Being that my setting in Fallout is based out of the great lakes, yeah I have lots of thoughts. In my setting the city of Detroit became the hub of one of the major cultures in the Mid-Wastern region, the Wheel Clans. Quickly reclaiming the factories, the Wheel Clans are a strange combination of technological know-how and savage violence, they use their vehicles to attack like the Mongols of old, riding up to vulnerable cities and travelers and carrying off as many slaves and as much loot as they can manage. The issue is that as the setting grew more mature, the Clans found that they were less and less able to feed their constant need to plunder to keep their economies going, so they began to sell not only their vehicles, but their services as some of the finest mounted warriors that America has produced since the War.
>>
>>54034188
>scientist
>melee
Oh boy
>3 guys with charisma below 4
OH BOY
>>
File: metal_helmet_cyka.jpg (95KB, 700x636px) Image search: [Google]
metal_helmet_cyka.jpg
95KB, 700x636px
>>54034188
The players are mercenaries. Traveling through the town of Shilo in Cascaida, an agrarian nation is Oregon which exports most of its crops south to NCR.

Everyone but Dr. Polk (who's player was absent this first session), meet in the town hall to speak with the mayor about the job. With all their characters being low charisma the meeting with the mayor is rather awkward. The mayor comes in and is a short, portly man who was clearly once a farmer.

He introduces himself very jovially, as Dolent Wilcox and starts to ramble on about the the town and Cascadia. Flounder, who speaks with a vaguely slavic accent interrupts "MAYOR, WHAT IS JOB?!" as he pushes up his helmet (pic related).

"Ah yes, the job. We've had some bandits hasslin' and wraslin' the nearby farms. A local gang, they've been around for a few months. This time they gon' and done it, kidnapped a farmer's daughter. Simple work really, need y'all to go and get her back. Pay is 500 apiece" he explains.

"GOOD, WE SAVE DODDER, KILL BANDIT! HOW GO?"

"How go?" The mayor asks?

Jack Young pips up "I think he's asking for directions" he says as he pushes up his frames."

"Oh, yes of course. Just take the 97 up until you hit a little pit stop, sand creek station. Then head west on the road just before that. We think the bandits are hole up in the caves under Mt. Scott, jus' next to the lake. There's also some tribals in the area who might be friendly. We gen'rily stay away from 'em." The mayor explains.

Flounder blinks. "PLEASE AGAIN. HOW FIND DODDER?"

The mayor starts to repeat himself, while Flounder visibly grimaces in confusion.
Young pips up again, and leans close to the mayor "Here explain to me, my buddy is, ah, uhm, a little slow."

Young finally gets the directions explained. Then the mayor asks "So, yall want the job?" Everyone nods in agreement "YES WE FIND DODDER!" Flounder proclaims. "Right, then sign these." The mayor hands each of them a small contract, and they set off north in I-97.
>>
File: crash_slide.jpg (38KB, 469x344px) Image search: [Google]
crash_slide.jpg
38KB, 469x344px
>>54034459
Queue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkvLLAphDQ4

The mountain is about a day and a half's walk from Shilo. The first morning of travel goes by rather quietly, and they break for lunch. Special encounter incoming, the first random rolled in the whole game might be a werewolf attack or monty python bridge. While enjoying their hardtack and jerky, the see and smell what seems to be smoke coming from up road. After they finish their lunch they set off.

As they get closer to the smoke, the acrid stench gets more intense. They see off road what looks like a plane crash, or at least part of one. A large tail section of some kind of aircraft, it has noticeably large engines for a conventional plane however.

Queue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7zfrSJUEbY

As they approach the crash site Young audibly "Hmmm"s. He tests science to try and identify what type of aircraft it is. He remembers from his books a spaceplane of all things with an identical tailsection, a Repconn SR-800 Dragon.

"Ah, a spaceplane!"

The other two squint in confusion. "A what, exactly?" Herb asks with one of his first sentences.

"A sort of reusable space shuttle it can go up and down and up again!" Young tries to tell him. Herb looks in disbelief "Who in the hell is flyin-" he starts before being interrupted.

During their conversation Flounder trundled up to the crash, and started to loudly clamber up the side of the plane, partially using BREEKER as a sort of ice pick.

He shouts when he reaches the top "STILL HOT, MANY HOT!!", stepping from foot to foot in a sort of hot potato maneuver. "I SEE BODY!".

Flounder seems himself in the sort of back row of some kind of crew cabin. In one of the chairs is a charred skeleton, with what looks like a golden necklace. Flounder violently rips it from the remains, decapitating the crisp skele, and hops down.

"Look what found." He says in a rather solemn tone for a man who breaks things for a living.
>>
>>54034363
I like that Mongol theme a lot. That's sort of the feel I have for my Murder City inhabitants ala Mad Max Fury Road. The settlement in Detroit was pretty much reclaimed by dwellers of a Vault within the city that managed to restart a lot of the factories. The raiders of Murder City cover their vehicles and either poach the vehicles or make rare trade agreements. The reason the Detroit Settlement has been taken over is the fact that their militia is heavily outfitted akin to Brotherhood of Steel Knights but dedicate it to defenses only.
>>
>>54034087
I don't know why, but I can see a faction devoted to the worship of all things speed and car armor oriented somewhere in there.
>>
>>54034725
Flounder inspects the piece of treasure. It's a small amulet in what seems to be the shape of a wagon wheel. At the end of each spoke a small gem is encrusted. On the back there is some inscription in unreadable runes.

"Flounder, let me take a look!" Young queries.

"SURE. LOOK." Flounder says as he chucks him the amulet.

Young inspects it and sees the same thing Flounder did. He recognizes the gems as bits of opal, a rather rare find in the wastes. On the back he reads word 'Hubbel' written in cursive.

"Hmm, quite a find. Anything else here?" Young says.
The party looks over the remains, and find nothing but charred bits of metal. They depart.

The rest of the day's travel goes without incident. They stop around sunset for dinner and make camp off in the woods. Flounder is the only member of the party with clairvoyance to have bought a tent.

"Flounder?" Young starts "Can I sleep in your tent with you?"
Flounder slowly turns to Young and stares intensely for a moment before shouting "NO. NEVER! AM NOT THAT KIND OF!!"

Herb returns from gathering firewood and starts a fire with Young's help while Flounder finishes pitching his tent.

After the fire is set they all sit on an adjacent fallen tree as a bench and enjoy their dinner.

"Flounder?" Young pesters "What were you before a mercenary."
"Hmm? WAS FIGHTER IN ... RENO. WAS VERY STRONG"
"Were you good?"
"YES BEAT MANY HEAD IN!"
"Why'd you leave? Did you lose?"
Flounder pauses.
"ONLY ONCE." he say sternly as he stares Young in the eye. He tosses down his can of vegetables and heads off into his tent.

Young sighs audibly. Herb looks at him, chuckling softly. "What?" Young asks.
"I got first watch, you catch some shut eye boyscout. We got a long day ahead of us"
>>
File: Raid Leader.jpg (284KB, 783x797px) Image search: [Google]
Raid Leader.jpg
284KB, 783x797px
>>54034869
I tried to pattern them after steppe dwellers in general, they are people who value freedom above all else, to the point where they even think things like slavery are okay because you're free to do that, just like you'd be free to try and murder your master.
> That's sort of the feel I have for my Murder City inhabitants ala Mad Max Fury Road.
Indeed, I started this campaign before Fury Road dropped, but I admit to feeling like the cat who ate the canary when I saw such a similar theme to what i'd been developing on my own. The big differences between the Clans and the Scum you see in Max is that the Clans have progressed to somewhere beyond mere day-to-day palace economy styled survival, they have actual culture, a violently meritocratic one, but a culture nonetheless. They have a religion in the form of worshiping the General Motors factory and equates bodily fluids as to those that are required to keep a vehicle running, even going so far as to refer to dying as running on empty.
>>
File: gecko.png (16KB, 170x210px) Image search: [Google]
gecko.png
16KB, 170x210px
>>54034973
Herb's watch passes without incident. He wakes Young and they swap places. About halfway through Young's watch he hears something moving near the road. The snapping of twigs, and what sounds like a pained cawing. Immediately he steps over to Herb and whacks him in the leg with the butt of his repeater.

"Eh? Huh!" Herb groans as he springs up.
"Heard something!"
Herb cycles the bolt in his varmint rifle, chambering a round.
"Jus' hold still boy, listen carefully."
They both go silent, and hear whatever creature is making the noise come closer to the campsite. Young reaches to his belt and pulls his flashlight. Just then he hears a snap of a twig and reacts. He turns on his light and points it at the noise. Herb reacts and tries to grab the light but isn't quick enough.

In the beam of the maglite the two see a Golden Gecko, rather large, and clearly sick. It seems to be foaming at the mouth, and is covered with sores and pustules. Immediately it covers it eyes and loudly caws in agitation. It charges at the two. Young, who had pulled his 9mm, lets go two rounds which fly over the Gecko and into the woods. Herb takes and aim shot with his rifle and pegs it in the leg. The gecko charges a head, getting quite close. The both try shooting again, and miss. The gecko continues forward, now just a few feet from the campsite. Young aims and lets go two rounds, both impacting it's chest. It crumples and slides along in the dirt. It begins to squeal and wheeze, as it's lungshot. Flounder, who has heard the commotion, has gotten out of his tent with BEAKER in hand. He approaches the dying gecko and realizes immediately what he's looking at.

"IS SICK!" He barks at the others. Then he, keeping his distance, brings down his might pick on the back of the creatures neck. Then he approaches the campfire and shoves the head of his hammer into the hot coals.

"DID GET BITE?!"
Herb shakes his head "No, we dropped it before it could reach us."
>>
I like the concept of the Children of Atom becoming a major player in certain regions. Seeing them as a significant power in Far Harbor was cool.
>>
>>54035238
CoA are okay, but I'd prefer something more akin to The Church(es) from A Canticle for Leibowitz, Christianity folding the apocalypse (and subsequent horrific mutants) right in and hardly skipping a beat. My issue with the Children is that they seem too divested from the Old World to seem like anything but LolZANY! to me, of course I share this view with basically anything that Bethesda had a direct hand in 'adding' to the setting.
>>
>>54035302
I mean the concept of worshipping the destructive power of the Atomic Bomb is a cool thing.
>>
File: Sanly Bowitz.jpg (155KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sanly Bowitz.jpg
155KB, 338x400px
>>54035351
Oh well then you need to go read Canticle, that's exactly what they end up doing in some senses. There are Saints dedicated to Radiation, Mutation and more. It was also a huge influence on Fallout, along with Mad Max and A Boy and His Dog.

It may help to read up on you Catholicism and Judaism, otherwise you're going to be like Job in the Desert.
>>
>>54035203
They all catch their breath.
"BOY! Go sleep. Flounder will finish watch!" Flounder says at Young. The other two nod and move their bedrolls away from the infected corpse as Flounder dons his metal armor. The right of the night continues peacefully.

The next morning they set off, and eat on the road. Before noon they hear some travelers up the road, around the bend. Rather rowdy ones at that.
"Bandits?" Young asks.
"Is possible." Flounder answers as quietly as he can.
"I'll head off around them, if we get any trouble I can pick 'em off from in the woods." Herb states.
The other two nod, and head forward.

When they turn the corner they see a group of what look like bandits or mercenaries, five of them. When the bandits notice Young and Flounder the stop talking. The leader, a large man, also in metal armor with a sledge, waves his hand. They spread out across the road, blocking the way.

"Howdy". The Bandit says loudly down the road.
"Uhm, hello!" Young says, cupping has hand around his mouth and waving.
Flounder remains silent and walks forward with a consistent gait. Young follows. They stop about ten feet from the wall of bandits.
The leader sizes up Flounder, who is a good half head taller than him. Some of the goons look nervously at one another. The bandit leader smiles at Flounder, and asks "Y'all NCR?" while holding his smile.

Flounder shakes his head. "Uhm yes, we're ju-" Young starts before being interrupted by Flounder.
"WE GO THROUGH?!" he shouts.

The bandit looks back at his men, and sniffs once. He nods. "Y'all head on ahead. We don't want no trouble."

They continue north, the bandits heading the opposite direction. After a few hundred feet Herb emerges from the woods and continues with the others. By this point the mountain's peak has become visible over the tree tops. They continue along, crossing two intersections, before reaching a small trading post. A building made to look like a log cabin with a sign that says -SAND CREEK STATION-
>>
>>54035513
That's all I got for now. I can pick this back up in a few hours if anyone wants me to.
>>
>>54035417
So the book does have a lot of biblical themes? I nearly looked at it for a class project, but since I hadn't read it I wasn't sure how much it actually referenced the Bible or borrowed from it, and how much it was a look at a whole new church and society.
>>
>>54035599
It is absolutely dripping with biblical themes, to the point where it can in some ways be read as apologia for the Catholic Church. It show three snapshots of SW US society, the first is 600 years after The Flame Deluge (their term for the Bombs), the next is 600 years after that (roughly medieval) and the last is 600 years after that (roughly modern).
>>
Anons, like more than a few from here I've tried making a Fallout version of my own area. The problem is I realize that I actually know shit about my own state and what would be interesting enough to have in a Fallout game.

What should I be looking for in the way of currently existing things to base new settlements or interesting land marks off of? I figure some military bases could be Enclave remnant territory, but should I be looking for certain towns or national parks?
>>
>>54035973
for starters if its post FO2 the Enclave should be flat out dead. Focus on having the bases looted or become places people settle in.

Consider prisons, the rangers from Wasteland 2 settled into a prison, in general anywhere that's big and halfway fortified is good.

consider the local environment, nature preserves will be full of useful resources.

consider the culture, america's fondness for militias has actually created a serious security issue with domestic terror groups posing as citizen soldiers.

Consider the environment, my home state doesn't have basements due to the sea level, they just flood. You'd need to make artificial hills.
>>
>>54036265
I know Fo3 soured a lot of people on the Enclave, but I still think surviving parts can be done well, and it's a bit of a waste to write them off entirely.
>>
>>54036589
the Enclave were based entirely out of an oilrig off the coast of California, one which the Chosen one blew the fuck up either intentionally or unintentionally.

Depending on their choices they may also have unleashed the Enclave's custom made plague on the inhabitants and used the onboard security system to slaughter the locals.

Short of anyone on navarro base they're dead. They're gone. They were never anything more than lobbyists and military contractors deluding themselves into being the remnants of america anyway.

Make more sense to have the descendents of a bunch of senators and whomever got crammed into the presidential bunker to emerge one day and start up a new government in D.C. than to have the enclave show up again.
>>
>>54036665
You mean like in the 100.
>>
>>54036665
But Arcade Gannon says that the Enclave remnants went to a number of different places - namely out East, but could be anywhere.

>But he doesn't know where they went or even if they went!

The fact that he says it as a possibility means that it's not getting hard ruled-out.
>>
>>54036665
>>54037888
There were also Enclave in Chicago, that's where ED-E traveled through to get to the Mojave, it's heavily implied however that they are not in great shape at all.

I'm fine with using the enclave remnants, the ones who show up in NV for instance were fantastic, but to just have them bounce back from Navarro and the Oil Rig like that for 3 is retarded. They go so against how the Enclave operate in previous games that it's utterly derailing, they were shadowy and distant in FO2, you don't really start seeing them until the latter third of the game, and even then they are not at all explained until basically the very last area. Having them just be 'LOLWE'RETHEGOVERNMENT!' completely misses the point of what they originally were.
>>
File: 1405855649285.jpg (573KB, 1248x1772px) Image search: [Google]
1405855649285.jpg
573KB, 1248x1772px
>>54038019
Just imagine it though - let's go with Fallout 3 being canon on some level, since I don't know how this would work without it:

The Enclave that head out east have to make a pit-stop in the midwest. They clear out a few spots to temporarily house their personnel as they hunt down some supplies they need - fuel, food, whatever. Some Enclave folks are left behind as Autumn makes his big push East, mostly to hold the fort in the flyover areas. They lose contact with Navarro about that time (since in Fallout 3 it seems hinted that the eastern forces thought the scientists at Navarro were still around), and there's months or years of radio silence that they try to blame on equipment malfunctions, reluctant to accept the hard truth.

Suddenly Autumn stops talking to them, and not long after they lose contact with the air force base out East, as if it had suddenly been destroyed. Maybe they start getting a few remnants from either coast to confirm, I don't know. But the chain of command has broken down, and there'll be quarreling between the remaining Enclave forces on how best to go forward, and even fractures - some might bury themselves and remain pure, some might try to obtain rulership over local wastelander communities...
>>
File: Chicago Skyline.gif (2MB, 714x389px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago Skyline.gif
2MB, 714x389px
>>54039307
I'm the Mid-Waste/Great Lakes Fallout guy, and I do have the Enclave Remnants lurking around in Chicago, where the players are about to arrive, so this is a pertinent discussion to me. The Mid-wastern Enclave is a shadow of itself, that trades mostly on it's ability to still engage in lightning raids and terrorize raider and Wheel Clans enough that they are able to keep themselves at the top of the pile in Chicago and the region surrounding, but that's it, they're the rapiest convicts in rapeville, but the Sioux, Wheel Clans as a whole and the Prairie League all blow them out of the water since you know, they can recruit people.
>>
>>54038019
>There were also Enclave in Chicago, that's where ED-E traveled through to get to the Mojave, it's heavily implied however that they are not in great shape at
Yeah, I still wonder if that was an attempt to retcon the Midwest BoS into an Enclave branch or if it was a retcon to explain how they could make brand new power armor that looked like a cross between West and East coast enclave armor.
>>
>>53999970
>scouting your main military rival competitor, which shares a heavily contested border, and in a major military campaign against
>therefore, we need to scout out some random piece of wasteland halfway across the continent
You don't have to shoehorn aspects of previous Fallout games into your setting to make it an authentic experience. You don't even have to set it in the same time period.
>>
>>54035036
What do they eat though? Do they herd cattle and goats with motorcycle riders?
>>
>>54040060
Do they have any goals for the future, even if they can't do what the original Enclave was planning? Even if they aren't recruiting, have they attempted to make alliances with locals to keep them from uniting against them, or are they just trying to force a constant state of chaos with their lightning raids? How are they doing as far as maintaining their tech level?
>>
>>54041759
They fell, hard. They have some vertibirds and power armor left, but the idea of concerted actions against the large political organizations is completely absurd, they could be crushed out of hand. They are irrelevant, an artifact that doesn't realize that it is fit for a museum yet. Their ideology and inward focusing nature kept them from leveraging their technological edge into anything but a regional one, since they cant very well abide by inferiors existing, much less clothing and feeding them.
>>54041196
Yeah, kinda. There are two forms of wheel clan, nomadoc and sessile, sessile ones look a lot like what a typical raider society would look like, brutal autocrat with a ton of slaves and an elite cadre of mounted warriors, but nomadic ones are dependent on mutant Buffalo, seed/oat pits, trading and raiding for their food. You have to realize how *much* a vehicle would be worth when there are only a few factories capable of producing new ones.
>>
>>54042210
None of the Enclave remnants have realized how untenable their situation is, and are willing to abandon their creed to survive? I imagine any one of the factions would jump on the chance of a rebel promising them tech and power armor for a safe haven.

Could be interesting, if nothing else, if a Vault opened up nearby and they poured every resource they had into conquering it, since it's the closest they'd get to having people of their level, rather than inferiors.
>>
>>54042379
I can see individuals, sure, but en masse? No way. How else would you keep a group like that going in the face on nuclear annihilation of their countrymen besides rock solid ideology? I like propping them up as Old World Blues in the region, people who keep humping the dream of America centuries after it died. I know it is heavily on the romantic side, but I just like the idea of them falling that hard.
>>
File: 1429801042125.jpg (51KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1429801042125.jpg
51KB, 540x360px
>>54042527
I'm the kind of person that is reluctant to let anything just die off, but I appreciate the sentiment. It's not just letting them die off because you don't really like them, or don't think they have an option that leads to survival.
>>
File: Car tank.jpg (65KB, 594x298px) Image search: [Google]
Car tank.jpg
65KB, 594x298px
>>54042647
I really like the motorcycles in Fo3/FNV, not QUITE Judge Dredd/40k levels of WIDE TIRE, but really cool in their own way.

Also trying to dream up a massive version of the highwayman: Have an album of my inspirations so far. (Aside from the original Highwayman, the Corvega, and naturally Max's v8 Interceptor Circa Road Warrior.
>>
File: Cadilac Trunk censored.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Cadilac Trunk censored.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>54042863
Also, you guys have naturally all heard of "living out of your trunk." Have a trunk you could live *IN* even with the rooftop mechanism up front!

http://imgur.com/a/EDHx3 And here's the actual album.
>>
File: 1473870463174.jpg (154KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
1473870463174.jpg
154KB, 1000x672px
>>54042863
Gotta love jury-rigged 'military vehicles.' Might share a few next thread for inspiration, even if they aren't really Fallout per se.
>>
>>54042906
Yeah, I think that one was a prop for a movie or a paintball field. I think a paintball field, I went to a paintball place in Pennsylvania with somethign incredibly similar. (But not sealed up which just encouraged people to take cover INSIDE and get tetanus.)
>>
>>54042934
>>54042647
>>54042906
Speaking of jury rigged military vehicles, I had a grand idea of the New Desert Rangers running in Motocycle+sidecar teams that had a pintle mounted LMG, Laser RCW, Grenade APW or maybe something heavier on the sidecar. And possibly forward facing rockets.
>>
File: 1473787723286.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473787723286.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>54042974
It's not a bad idea, but it might be hard to pull off in this post-post apoc world. Bikes would be hard to get and replace if damaged.
>>
>>54043038
There's an entire truck of pristine ones on the road to the NCR outpost, plus New Vegas has a functioning steel plant and possibly some other "Offscreen" industry.
>>
>>54033714
Thank you based Todd
Will read it after I finish my plane ride
>>
>>54042974
An idea I had for a Fallout character was a courier that rode a motorcycle. Although I always figured the roar of an engine would attract every raider, ghoul, and super mutant for miles around, so I just imagined that the engine ran off of MF cells and was relatively silent.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.