[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is Hyrule for a tabletop RPG setting? What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: zelda_races.jpg (680KB, 630x881px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_races.jpg
680KB, 630x881px
How viable is Hyrule for a tabletop RPG setting?

What do you do if you're playing the non-flood timeline and one of the players really wants to be a bird?
>>
>>53967084
>What do you do if you're playing the non-flood timeline and one of the players really wants to be a bird?
I use a good (read: non-D&D system) that isn't hamstringed by all PCs having to fit into the Str-Dex-Con-etc straitjacket.

Preferably one designed to accommodate different types of PCs. Maybe based on the Oz RPG.
>>
>>53967192
name it
>>
File: ooccoo.jpg (389KB, 1286x1352px) Image search: [Google]
ooccoo.jpg
389KB, 1286x1352px
>>53967084
>non-flood timeline bird

here you go
>>
>>53967084
It's pretty viable
For the bird I think it would be best to have an excuse for the PC rito to be flightless (in wind waker they had to do a coming-of-age ceremony to grow their wings, so let's say the PC can't do said ceremony cause they're too old or some other shit)

Also, Zora are totally zelda equivalent of elves
>>
>>53967296
Pretty sure it's just called "Adventures in Oz". There should be a link on 4plebs.
>>
File: Prince_Sidon.jpg (57KB, 658x537px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Sidon.jpg
57KB, 658x537px
>>53967303
>Zora are totally zelda equivalent of elves

don't talk shit about my boy Sidon like that
>>
>>53967409
Can I correct it to "Elves, but better and also in Hyrule and they're shark people?"
Does that work?
>>
File: races.jpg (1MB, 5000x2700px) Image search: [Google]
races.jpg
1MB, 5000x2700px
I made this a way while back, need to update it for botw's more bird rito and reemergence of the zora

and the evident extinction of the deku scrubs
>>
>>53967303
>so let's say the PC can't do said ceremony cause they're too old or some other shit

That's weak GMing. Give them the opportunity to earn flight with some sort of quest or item or something at an appropriate level. The stuff about the electric resist potions in BotW and the way the masks worked in MM, plus Link always being a Hylian, means you can just straight up go "most magic items are made for a particular race", and either don't work or work differently for each species. Like, in MM, the Ocarina of Time changed form depending on the race Link was. You could drop something like the Roc's Feather on the party, and say for hylians it lets them Jump Good, for gorons counteracts some of the detriments of their weight, and for your rito gives them their full flight. Not sure what it'd do for a zora, but you get the idea.
>>
>>53967552
Makes sense.
How about we say that PC Rito are young enough that they either 1. haven't done the ceremony or 2. have done the ceremony, but their wings are so weak that the best they can do is glide.

And then around level 5 (assuming DnD5e) they get some kind of daily limit on flying, like 10 minutes a day or something similiar

Would that work?
>>
>>53967518

I doubt Gorons can be related to Yetis, since there are male and female yetis but gorons are all male.

They have the concept of brothers and fathers/ancestors, so my bet is that gorons reproduce by budding off baby gorons from rocky growths on their backs. Variations in personal characteristics from generation to generation would be epigenetic.
>>
>>53967681
I think there are female gorons, but it's kind of like that "What do female dwarves look like? thing. In Breath of the wild, you see two gorons in Gerudo Town (where males are banned), one of the gorons is male and the other is female. You wouldn't be able to tell if they didn't spell it out for you. The male one says "I dunno why they let me in."
>>
>>53967630

Well, in WW rito had to get their wings from Valoo, so depending on whether you want this to be a place/time in the setting when he's around, you have free license to change up how getting their wings works. So, there are a lot of options.

>>53967743

I took the "I dunno why they let me in" line as the gerudo basically not knowing and not caring. For some reason I never spotted the other goron, did they have a line identifying themselves as female?
>>
>>53967801
>>53967743
both the gorons were male. I think the Gerudos just didnt wanna be racist because not allowing male gorons in would mean not allowing any gorons in
>>
>>53967192
Jimi>>53967303
He's not asking mechanically, he's asking from a canon perspective
>>
>>53967084
Easy. The rules in the setting aren't rigid enough that there'd be many issues adapting it into most systems. Anywhere between caster supremacy d20 to a full narrative system would probably work easily.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.