[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 27

>Previous thread: >>53949113
>>Pastebin:
>https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>>News
>http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
>https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
>http://theonyxpath.com/all-kindsa-drakulas-monday-meeting-notes/
>>Question:
>Are any of you planning a elder game now?
>>5th Editions Cliffnotes
>https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
please... give me... pdf...
>>
we're so good at letting the thread die. just let it rest in peace
>>
>>53965164
Never.
>>
>>53965119
I kinda like this art

>>53965144
>Forever neonate
>>
All right lads and lasses, all anyone talks about in these threads is vampire, werewolf, and mage. Which is to be expected, since those are the Big Three. But some variety would be nice. Does anyone have good stories from other games? Favorite Changeling you played, the spoopiest monster your cell hunted, even that time you tried to make Geist work.
>>
>>53965408
Well there was this time my demon got dumpling joint from Russian embassy official with turned out to be safe house for Russian mafia...pretending to be afraid of thugs with guns has proven beyond me so it soon turned into normal restaurant.
>>
>>53965408
Beast is the best game ever. That's why no Beasts are ever right wing and no hero are ever left wing
>>
>>53965408
I'll dump a greentext in a couple months if my D:tD game is entertaining and doesn't fall apart.
>>
>>53965408
>all anyone talks about in these threads is vampire, werewolf, and mage

That's entire untrue. We discuss all splats and other beings in both the WOD and CofD with great fervor >in the context of how they're inferior to mages

The CofD Changeling, Geist and Hunter 2e's should all be released "soon." Other splats will get attention, although I hope and pray the revisions exceed the quality of Beast.
>>
>>53965534
I'm really worried about what sorta preachy and cringy BS they'll shove into Hunter and Geist.
>>
>>53964657
Vampires destroy stability by their very nature. Emphasis on the plural. Which is pretty funny, since they're basically the personification of stagnation and stasis.
>>
>>53965408
Last WoD game I played involved some houseruled Purified rules. We didn't know that, of course, because we were playing Vampires and thought he was just a really weirdly built Mekhet Dragon.

We didn't work it out until the fucker got staked infront of us, resurrected immediately gave the staker a faceful of fire.
>>
>>53965482
Really ? I have no idea about beast nur that sounds FUCKING horrible.

I mean it always sounded retarded that "heroes" are narcissistic killers. Sounds like postmodern edgy shit.

>>53965602
A coterie of ambitious neonates could destroy a super stable City with their Ambition.

And stability of vampiric rule is REALLY fragile. One prince going into torpor, one Sabbath pack or even a bloodless corpse in a bar and everything is fluid. And at that point you haven't even looked at the ambitions of the vamps populating the City.
>>
>>53965773
He's shitposting about Beast anon. But yeah, it's basically written from the viewpoint of the most batshit insane Tumblrites, and Heroes exist to be the strawman of that Jock that called McFarland a nerd back in Highschool
>>
>>53965250
I certainly dig it.
>>53965408
The best I got is the vampire hunter that worked for the Camarilla on the common grounds of, "The Camarilla at least keeps vampires in check while the rest are far more dangerous."

So the Camarilla fed him information and supplies and he performed a nice little culling this way. Eventually fell apart as all things do but it was fun while it lasted. Didn't end well, as most things tend.
>>
How could a country, ruled (open) by the circle of the crone, look like?
>>
>>53966114
well shit im curious
>>
>>53966052
Thats sounds like SJW OPP shit.

>>53966114
I like your scenario. The Camarillia could even put up a nice little show. Killing a poor shovelhead who supposedly killed a human and then acting as a hard line Organization that protects humans.

I had a similiar scenario in mind. A hunter really fucks up because he doesn't have a Clue. He attacks the sheriff who easily catches him. The sheriff is really corrupt and abducts the family/spouse/whatever of the hunter. Then the hunter gets a crashcourse in firebombing and gets prime info.

Depending on where i want to go the hunter kills some enemies of the sheriff. The sheriff expands his powers due to the Emergency and then triumphantly kills the hunter.

Or he kills the prince, the sheriff "catches" him and assumes power in a coup d' etat.
>>
>>53966260
By open you mean without the masquarade?
>>
>>53966472
Yes
>>
>>53966350
Beast is a special case though. Seriously, go look at Conquering Heroes in the trove and look at what their dev team considers 3spooky5me villains.
It includes: a l33t hacker from not!4chan, a girl who runs a support group, a Republican politician, and a guy who lays eggs out of his dick and tries to get you to eat the eggs so you also lay dick eggs.
Much memeing and shitposting was had after that book came out. It was good times.
>>
>>53966260
It depends on the Crone cult in question
>>
>>53966503
Russia, but replace drugs and alcohol with blood sacrifice and oligarchs with vampires.
>>
>>53966562
What splat are Slavs in this scenario?
>>
>>53966503
Open warfare.
>>
>>53966596
Proximi, maybe? Something to make them stupidly durable, with a curse of being a pack of utter fucking retards?
>>
>>53966350
>Killing a poor shovelhead who supposedly killed a human and then acting as a hard line Organization that protects humans.

>The NWO would like to have a word with you...
>Mage resistance
>>
Why is 5e alpha so shit, when it has famous devs on board?
>>
>>53966700
>alpha
>>
Which CofD splat is best for ERP?
>>
>>53966951
Changeling
>>
>>53966504

>4chan Hacker, Republican politicians

Jeez louis. Not really subtle with the political indications.

>>53966562

Russia isn't wrong but the Oligarchs are mostly human.

>ortodox church

In our scenario the crone cult is the state religion. Its propped up and most people respect it. Most people don't believe it and only so the bare minimum of religious stuff.

>Putin,military, Spy agencies

Thats where the Vamps sit.

>Oligarchs

The humans that support your system. They make mad cash, can become ghouls or even vamps and generally have a good live

>common people:

The ruling Elite is interested in self enrichment. So they pretend to have some kind of populist position.

Depending on the flavour you want thats either:

-hardline right Wing Law and order. The occassional pedophile and neonate who killed a human is sentenced to death. And we have a strong military and Government that tries to press our national claims.

-2: Some left Wing model where everyone is 'equal'. Wealth is redistributed (mostly to the Elites though) and the Crones are providing justice and a stable society that cares for everyone.

>>53966678
>implying i have mage metaplot in my vamp game
>implying True magic exists in my vamp game >implying that in my Game the hedges mages that exist would meddel in the Sheriffs business (or would even know about it)
>>
>>53967053
Oligarchs of Oligarchs, then. The Elder Vampires have their own little stable of Oligarchal blood/money dolls.
>>
pdf... please
>>
>>53967085

I would have them as the good president who tries to reign in the worst excesses of the oligarchs. Unfortunately he has to lead a war against the rebells in syria so the good crones don't know about all the corruption.
>>
Cлaвa Укpaїнi
>>
>>53967053
Remember you have Russian crone bloodline that recruits at least partially from Oligarchs and such(Yagnatia)

Also if you have VII book whole Betrayed bunch are vague-russian
>>
>>53967131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg
>>
>>53967404
i'm too dead to job
>>
>>53967283
Not that well versed about CofD.

Its mostly about having a system where the vamps appear as righteous. So you need humans to commit the worst acts. Or at least have humans as the ones the common man hates (that corrupt swine who evicted us etc.)
>>
File: download (3).jpg (28KB, 527x279px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
28KB, 527x279px
>>53967131
https://mega.nz/fm/ofxznChQ
>>
>>53967631
can't.... open
>>
>>53967800
It's a pdf. Shouldn't be hard.
>>
>>53967631
Link doesn't go anywhere anon.
>>
File: 1496491225409.gif (152KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496491225409.gif
152KB, 400x300px
>>53967504
>>
>>53967053

>True Magick doesn't exist in my games

The cry of the butthurt vampire fag.

Fun Fact: The Union actually works with the Camarillia on occasion. A group of Deviants that actively works to suppress evidence of the supernatural and has a shitton of money and resources at it's disposal is a group of Deviants the Union is usually willing to overlook.

Especially when the largest alternative is a group of deviant-supremacists who should be killed with napalm at the earliest convenience. Another fun fact - Individual Tradition Mages work with the fucking Sabbat.
>>
>>53967848
Oh. Try https://mega.nz/#!RDBnCayI
>>
>>53967899
>Individual Tradition Mages work with the fucking Sabbat.

Do they? Any reads on that?
>>
>>53967902
need... key
>>
>>53966294
I might greentext when I get off work.
>>
>>53967929
!SNvHO9fRLsBH72C9LUs6sOFziW-66c_DWq_EjFUZY6w

Happy to help!
>>
>>53967951
you sick fuck
>>
>>53967985
You forgot to specify which PDF you wanted.
>>
>>53967951
>>53967985
I ain't even mad.
>>
>>53968008
i want my... thousand years of... night...
>>
>>53967939
Yeah the stroy interests me too.

Espcially because i wanmt to use something similar in my chronic.

See >>53966350
>>
>>53968077
I want to know why you use so many ellipses, myself. What, you don't like The Witcher? Or the poles? Stop being such a racist. Racists don't play WoD games.
>>
>>53966504
What about the guy who is explicitly liberal but enjoys driving politicians to the brink? Sometimes to the point of suicide. I think they said he funds republicans more often just out of his own political bias but will do it to anyone available.
>>
>>53967927

>Guide to the Traditions (paraphrased)

"The Traditions have endorsed any act short of soul trade in their campaigns, including Terrorism and Mass Murder."

>Dark Ages: Mage

There's a story hook where a group of young hermetic PC's are offered to a group of vampires as a "peace offering" in the war against Tremere.

On the Vampire end we have The Bahari, Tzimisce, and although not Sabbat the Giovanni also have some Verbena in the family. And that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>53968115
because... i... can...
>>
>>53968152
>Giovanni also have some Verbena in the family.

Not sure with one of those is worse
>>
>>53968182
Corporate italian hippies. Gross.
>>
>>53968115
>racists don't play WoD games
you have never heard of the LARP community of Werewolf, have you?
>>
>>53968205
Do tell!
>>
>>53968193
In the name of Camarilla!....can we borrow one of those spirit nukes? Will be put to good use
>>
>>53967927
>>53968152
I think it's the Storytellers Guide, but there's a passage in the Vampire entry about how old Mages tend to get along really well with the Tzimisce on account of how warped both of their outlooks get, and the fact that the Vamps are actually very welcoming hosts if you're not a filthy mortal or Camarilla.
>>
>>53968376
>Filthy vampire I will turn you into lawn chair!
>Big whoop I have furniture made out of people too
>Really? Show me!
>Smash cut to mage and tzimisce roleplaying jousting tournament using moving chairs made out of people and lances with screaming heads on buissnes ends
>>
>>53968376
Speaking of Tzimisce, can they actually achieve metamorphosis or are they just chasing a pipe dream.
>>
>>53968376
Nevermind, it was Masters of the Art.
"Possibly the most alien of the vampires, but the closest to use in outlook. That frightens me. I have spent many a Transylvanian night discussing events of ages past with a Tzimisce lord. It's easy to forget just how bizarre he is until his three armed servant arrives with dessert."
>>
>>53968229
For some unusual reason, Werewolf: The Apocalypse is extremely popular among white supremacists, despite its leftist outlook.
>>
>>53968648
Not really surprising, with a bit of rewriting, you could easily make a white supremacist game. (replace Gaia with God/Odin, Pentex with jews etc...)
>>
>>53965408

I am playing a Changeling Lost game in Manhattan with all the Court except the oriental ones. Playing a Witchtooth ogre with gobin vow (Alcohol)
>>
>>53966951
Mage, easily. Followed by Changeling or Promethean.
>>
>>53968648

>get of fenris cooperated with the nazis
>nazis are really hot on preserving the environment, blut und boden
>>
>>53968567
Only 4th gen elders.
>>
>>53966504
>a guy who lays eggs out of his dick and tries to get you to eat the eggs so you also lay dick eggs.

Holy shit...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

For my entire life I always dreamed of having the powers of Superman. I never really could ask for more, save perhaps an immunity to kryptonite, and lack of dependence on specific sunlight .... but now... dick eggs..

JESUS H. CHRIST I WANT THIS POWER TOO.

Just imagine it... flying through the sky, seeing some thug roughing a helpless old lady, taking her purse, pistol whipping her her down to her hands and knees. As she cries, helplessly on the grimy, filthy street, you fly down, a glorious hero from the sky, her guardian angel...

With your laser vision, you seer the gun out of his hand... he turns, about to run, and in an instant, in a virtual blink of the eye, you are in front of him again, blocking his path..

Only now, your tights are down, and your huge fucking Kryptonian dick is erect as fuck. Raised like a fist in defiance to the very heavens above. The frail old lady gasps! Her eyes bulge!

The thugs eyes bulge too, from his vantage point, every vein stands out, every beat of your heart pulses threateningly, hinting at what is to come. In his mind, the depravities he is about to suffer are legion.. the crook drops to his knees, his muscles limp, all defiance drained from his body.

But that litany of depravities that was running through his tortured mind were nothing compared to what was about to come... As the superdick came closer and closer to his face, it seemed to grow bigger and thicker - and something else, a bulge began to appear, at the base, growing to twice the thickness of the colossal phallus itself.

As his mind desperately tried to make sense of what he saw, the thug felt the Kryptonian's hands at the back of his head and his head was pushed forward, his mouth opening, taking the dick in, deep, into his throat til he was choking... then egg shit happened. You get it. Mmh.
>>
>>53966562
What do you mean replace. The oligarchs ARE vampires.
>>
>>53969016
Nah thats boring.

The Vamps are priests and generals. The oligarchs are humans supporting the system.
>>
>>53968205
I find that 'avoiding any sort of LARP community' is pretty high up on my list of gaming priorities.

Those places are *terrifying*.
>>
>>53968972
Okay I can jerk of to this.
>>
>>53968376
>>53968637

Both the Tzimisce and the Hermetics have a strong distaste for the Tremere as well. They really would get along.
>>
File: 737a40e855816170d420aede8200d3d8.jpg (150KB, 1024x608px) Image search: [Google]
737a40e855816170d420aede8200d3d8.jpg
150KB, 1024x608px
>>53968095
I like the coup story. I'm all about political intrigue.

>>53967939
>>53966294
Aight aight.

>Witch hunter was part of delta green type taskforce
>Little government conspiracy
>Conspiracy ends when benefactors go to jail for whitecollar crime
>Rest of the team brutally killed in their homes
>Vampire influence obvious
>Witch hunter left alone
>No supplies
>No intel
>Very few connections
>Calls in last few favors, chases last few leads
>Finds himself a ghoul who runs a Red Cross blood bus
>Through gentle coercion, makes contact with the vampire
>She's a Western Ravnos vampire
>Not the best way into the Camarilla but she'll do
>Very tense but he convinces her that he's not interested in masquerade vampires
>Looking to score himself a few Sabbat or Assamites
>She coincidentally has a few interests to protect from the growing Sabbat presence in Chicago before she moves on
>Slowly building business relationship
>She feeds him intel
>He gets to kill Sabbat and Assamites
>Everyone wins
>His vampire contact finally gets him the name of a high ranking Ventrue in the Camarilla
>He sends a letter
>He makes a phone call
>He meets in person
>He walks out of the office thirty minutes later with the logistical support of the Camarilla
>Convinced the Camarilla that he didn't care about vampires who followed the masquerade
>They had a shared concern: vampires that operated independently with no regards for life or the masquerade
>Sabbat, Kuei-jin, Caitiff were usual business
>Business was good

Unfortunately, the only way you can go from the top is down.

Spoiler alert:
It doesn't end well for anyone involved.
>>
>>53969490
Nice. Thats alo a cool idea. Helps players respect humans more because they know a badass.
>>
What book are the v20 koldunic paths from? Cant recall where I saw them
>>
>>53969733
Core rulebook.
>>
>>53969490
well shit anon dont leave us hanging, what happened to him?
>>
>>53969733
Lore of clans also has a couple of them.
>>
Anybody ever actually bothered to RP transition from humanity to path of enlightement.

I once tried, but the campaign sadly died too soon.
>>
>>53969490

>I like the coup story. I'm all about political intrigue.

Thank you. But what kind of domain would it be without a corrupt sheriff on a power trip ?

>>53969876
How did it all end ? C'mon.
>>
>>53966700
Ultra SJW echo chamber is all that's left of the White Wolf core development team. The people who could keep the political shit to their personal lives and see to it that good gaming material, good gaming fiction was written are long, long gone. They're even turning Ken Hite's output into rpg.net indie hipster Narrativist style shit.
>>
>>53963276
I have run a verson of the scenario. The only thing that happened with Hunger is that it's a count up system instead of a count down, and players had to switch out some dice for another color. We had a few compulsions on the 1 hit scale, and a couple on the 2 hit scale, but not a whole lot else. It wasn't any more upkeepy than any other game. Hell, nowhere near as upkeepy as Scion's tick system, for example. We did have a hitter Brujah whose hunger went up fairly quickly in combat, but not much else bad happened. 3 attributes worked fine. 6+ difficulty worked fine. People are in histrionics because THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS. From the standpoint of game design, the narrative angle is what modern games go for a lot of times. Combat was a godsend though, the one roll combat made the fights go SUPER fast.

>>53963316
God, go back to the OPP forums, Camilla. We know you don't like any horror in the WoD.

>>53963479
Our group likes it, but I built a test game set in a US city after the fallout of the Anarchs fucking up in Berlin and word slowly getting to things. We're in 'cautiously optimistic' level of okay. In particular, most of us like the concept of dialing back elders, elders everywhere; but most of us are 1e Masquerade fans, so a lot of this is going back to a 1e Masquerade feel.

>>53963643
Yes, because the Beast was so front and center as a gameplay mechanic in many games. Also, 1 Hunger is fuck-all impactful. You have single-digit percent chances of rolling a 1 on a single Hunger die, and the concept of 'the Beast is never sated unless you do monstrous things' is a really good way to reinforce it, and also give some interesting mechanics to high Humanity and Path ratings.
>>
>>53966951
Vampire. It has always and will always be the best and only tabletop for getting laid. And whereas back in the days of 1e all girls played Vampire, now there's Changeling and Prometheans and Beast, oh god bless Beast to coral a lot of the hamplanets and tumblerinas and trannies and snowflakes and other problems human beings so the pickings are much better.

TLDR: Vampire the Requiem. It's how I met my wife, 17 years younger, a fun, capable, attractive medical professional with some fun kinks.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>53970647
>Our group likes it

Some people are into eating feces or fucking corpses.
>>
>>53970755
This. I don't want to dress up as a goth and start sucking each others cock to symbolize how my character is becoming estranged from his humanity.

>muh i met my wife there

I have a gf thank you very much. I want a fun game
>>
>>53970672
>Not having D:tD as your go-to lewd WoD setting.
>Taking a mobile corpse over a glorious biomechanical waifu.
>>
>>53970672
Sjw types hate Beast too.
>>
File: addams - feast.gif (998KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
addams - feast.gif
998KB, 500x230px
>>53970755
Sure, 'cause declare backwards, four roll combat, is super awesome. I could give two shits about the social insanity of the pregen characters and scenario (which is why I wrote my own). The mechanics, for what they are, are solid enough for what they're meant to do. Hence why I said 'cautiously optimistic'. It could go to shit, but right now we enjoyed the Hunger mechanics and the one-roll combat, which was the goal of the playtest.
>>
>>53968972
lmao
enough internets for today
>>
>>53970672
>It's how I met my wife, 17 years younger
>17 years younger

How old are you, grandpa?
>>
>>53970672
>met wife
>17 years younger

Wow, and people are screaming about the vampire pedo in the V5 playtest.
>>
>>53970870
30, my son
>>
>>53967053
>In our scenario the crone cult is the state religion. Its propped up and most people respect it. Most people don't believe it and only so the bare minimum of religious stuff.

Why should it appeal to humans? Strongly focused on vampires.
>>
>>53970957
>30-17=13

Wait a minute!
>>
>>53971003

>Why should it appeal to humans? Strongly focused on vampires.

You can become a Vamp? And maybe its organized like a sect. You get a different version if you are just an average joe.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (30KB, 1000x353px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg
30KB, 1000x353px
>>53971025
>>
>>53971083

Fuck off Lenny
>>
>>53968077
https://www.4shared.com/office/uikCgm02ei/Thousand_Years_of_Night.html
>>
>>53968785
not to mention there are traits like Pure Breed
>>
>>53971349
THANK YOU MY DUDE
>>
>>53971523
I like you better when you were in Torpor
>>
File: afghan girl.png (167KB, 398x269px) Image search: [Google]
afghan girl.png
167KB, 398x269px
>>53971025
>the implications
>>
>>53971523
>>53971349
How long till we get it on a site which doesn't take a log in via social media for a download. Mega or something?
>>
>>53971732

>Capable Medical Professional
>13

I'll say. Can't be too many real life Doogie Housers into Vampire out there.
>>
Sexiest splat is what?
>>
>>53971349

Thank you
>>
>>53972049

Vampire
>>
>>53971835
>How long till we get it on a site which doesn't take a log in via social media for a download. Mega or something?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3ao90u
>>
File: Chi_Tribune_Tower_night.jpg (118KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chi_Tribune_Tower_night.jpg
118KB, 399x600px
>>53969490
>>53969876
>>53970369
Oh yeah, sorry. Anyway:

>Witch hunter comes and goes as players do their thing
>Occasionally opposed but usually allies of convenience
>Players working mostly with Camarilla but occasional job from the Ravnos as well
>After quite some time, the combined efforts leave most free vampire factions wiped out of the city
>The only other major player remaining is the Ravnos woman's mercantile society
>Tensions grow
>Players start carrying out jobs hitting the interests of the other back and forth
>Finally they're all summoned to the Camarilla with the witch hunter
>They're all given a single target to end the game
>Assassinate the Ravnos woman
>Witch hunter is conflicted
>Tremere on the party who has an interest in wiggling his way to the top of Chicago's Camarilla sits down with him
>Convinces the witch hunter that the Ravnos woman was the only person who has really looked out for him
>The only vampire really worth trusting
>He listens and runs off to warn her
>War brews in Chicago as they have skirmishes every night
>Players' plan is to let the Ravnos kill the Camarilla and then step in to take over
>Doesn't go to plan
>Camarilla launches a preemptive strike, ends up killing the Ravnos woman
>Witch hunter did not appreciate this
>Witch hunter is no longer playing games
>Witch hunter starts harvesting and drinking vitae from Camarilla he takes out
>Witch hunter leads his own strike on the Camarilla HQ (Tribune Tower) while the party is there
>The party makes it just in time to see the witch hunter over the pile of ashes and bone that used to be the Camarilla prince
>Sheriff is with the party
>Party can't let it be known they were planning this outcome
>Party has to fight against the witch hunter
>The sheriff is killed and the party is banged up, but they kill the witch hunter
>The Chicago Camarilla falls under new leadership, but then Sabbat moves in force to take advantage of the destabilization
>>
>>53972297
Moral of the story:
>If you don't care about anyone, the likelihood of you being murdered by your friends and your hometown being overrun with blood-starved monsters is much lower.
>Especially not gypsies
>>
>>53972297
>>53972311

Epic. Sounds like a really cool clusterfuck. And after everyone and their grandmother slaughtered each other the Sabbath comes in and takes the spoils.
>>
>>53972049
Werewolf. From kinfolk to wild wolves, you get to fuck all that.

>>53972104
Asexual and most are incapable of intercourse. What is sexy about them?
>>
hay /tg/

how can a mage in Awakening 2e staple a soul and body to return the dead to life? assuming it doesn't matter if the deed is done half-assed.
>>
>>53972297
>the vampires run the newspapers
>both trying to control the media while being very out of touch since no one reads them anymore

That is a very realistic plot point.
>>
>>53972424

Fuck off werefaggot
>>
>>53971349

Thanks!
>>
I don't frequent this general, is there an ETA for deviant?
>>
>>53972848

I believe Dave and OPP just recently submitted the completed outline for Deviant to WW/Paradox for approval. Given the pace of releases for CofD, and the fact that we're still waiting for 2e versions of Changeling, Hunter and Geist, I doubt Deviant will be released for 2-3 years.
>>
>>53967899

>buhu someone doesn't want my splat in his Games

>how i am supposed to powerwank Now ?!

>pleaase just Take the mage mythology in despite that actively changing the tone of your Game and overloading the Background

Magefags everyone
>>
>>53972894
OPP is kill.
>>
So reading the crossover section in ATYoN...

Ancient vampires are apparently piss scared and highly wary of mages dabbling in death magics.
>>
>>53973136
There will always be a taste of Mage supremacy when crossover is mentioned, even minimally.
>>
>>53972923

I don't care what you do in your games beyond noting how pathetic it is.

The only time i flat out denied a splat's existence was when werewolf said vampires were "rumored" to be a thing in 2e core. And I didn't even have Vampire at the time.

Granted, most of my shitty high school games turned into White Wolf presents "the real world" which was often hillariously stupid.
>>
>>53973729

"Ok so maybe, maybe, I diablerized your consor. Look, we're damned things, it's what we do. It's not like I drained Poops-on-Wyrm-Face's special hippy grove to do "Important Wizard Shit," right?"
>>
>>53973869
>Poops-on-Wyrm-Face

>Children of Gaia
>>
>>53973136
>Ancient vampires are apparently piss scared and highly wary of mages dabbling in death magics.

Wouldn't you also be scared?

Did you also notice in Dvora's background it's implied she was created by a mage?

"A bloodied and nearly dead tribesman ran to Deborah’s palm;
he prayed for a miracle...prayed for salvation...prayed for justice.
He was mage before the word existed, reaching out and willing
a miracle into existence. As a draugr fell upon him, Deborah,
in the same full vigor as when she led the Israelites against the
Canaanites decades before, slew the monstrous Kindred with
her bare hands. Picking up a sword, she walked toward town
and began to sing. The remaining tribe people felt a swell of
courage and the blade blazed with fire."

So, what Arcana are necessary to create someone like Dvora?
>>
>>53968205
Goddammit, Jakki. Just let it go.
>>
>This book is devoted to elder vampires for Vampire: The Requiem.Requiem’s elders aren’t stodgy and outdated creatures locked into an obsession with a time that came before. Well, some are to an extent, but elders are also full of vitality. They are ruthless, extremely lucky, or very cunning to have made it this far.

Is that a deliberate dig at the oWoD and 1e? I mean I agree, I feel like predators who stagnate are doomed to never really feed again, but the idea of elders in goofy period dress is basically something I keep hearing about.
>>
>>53974367
>creatures locked into an obsession with a time that came before

Seems like a dig at mages and Atlantis
>>
>>53974398
Not Atlantis. Just ancient periods. They wouldn't be able to remember Imperial shenanigans, even though it sounds quite compelling.
>>
An eccentric comic collector and newspaper reporter dies of a heart attack. His daughter Julia Lo Nomos sells off his collection. Among his collection is a comic series about a hero named Captain Solomon that nobody seems to have any memory of. The buyer of the series (an eccentric comic book collector himself) Billy Buggers distributes scans of the comic series online for free because he has never heard of the series before and is interested. Two weeks later murders fitting the style of the main villain of the series, the Red Inferno, a communist mutant pyromaniac start appearing. The players are tasked by the local council with investigating.

It turns out, that long ago Captain Solomon used to be a very popular superhero like Superman. However, a powerful Scelestus skilled in the arts of Mind summoned Captain Solomon from the Temenos to act as his minion, erasing Solomon's memory from the minds of most of the populace. But Solomon was too powerful to keep controlled forever and managed to escape control of the Scelestus. But Solomon had no place to hide in the Temenos and so hid on earth as a newspaper reporter. He did however find it interesting to collect comic books and reminisce about the good old days. Eventually, Captain Solomon had a wife and a daughter who he named Julia. But man and spirit were not meant to mix! The only way that Solomon could create new life was to destroy his own and so eventually Solomon aged and died. But in this great meddling Solomon created a greater problem, that upon his death he ripped a hole in the Temenos from which all his enemies from his old days could come on through. Complicating matters, the old evil Scelestus from the past has deduced the real identity of Julia and has allied with the Red Inferno to capture her.

Can the heroes find the secret of Captain Solomon, save Julia, defeat the Red Inferno and the evil Scelestus and repair the hole in the Temenos?
>>
>>53974478

What the fuck is this
>>
>>53973729

>pathetic

Yeah no.
>>
>>53974478
Mages make the best villains.
>>
>>53974506
Sometimes I get ideas but I don't have groups to GM.
>>
>>53973869

And don't forget those wacky hunters next door!
>>
>>53974587
At some Point the technos are meeting every wednesday with the Camarillia and every thursday with Pentex. At some Point its just retarded.
>>
>>53974628

Their relationship with pentex ended. See Syndicate Revised
>>
>>53970870
I'm 45, she's 28. We met 5 years ago at a Vampire game one of my colleagues was hosting at the university. She joined the group, and ended up as my childe, she got really into the game, which at first was a red flag, but she was just an overstressed grad student who needed an out, and the game was it. She studied a subject I had one of my degrees in, so we ended up clicking and meeting and talking a lot out of the game, and well, it all added up. I really felt uncomfortable about the age difference at first, I mean I was just about 40, but you know she was an adult, I gave her a lot of space to make her own decisions in the relationship, and it has been good for both of us. Even her dad likes me. This isn't a pedo thing.
>>
Umm, guys, Stewart Wieck has died:

>>53975400
>>
Is there a feel good bittersweet/melanchonic Moros Legacy that is about coming to terms of the fleetingness and end of all things but the struggle and experiences give life meaning.?
>>
>>53975916
That sounds more like an Aspiration than a Legacy, or even a Sin-Eater Archetype (Celebrant, I think).
>>
God, you are just brimming with insecurity aren't you. It's someone else's game, and yet somehow you are /triggered/ by what they do to make it work for them?

And that is what really, really, really tears you apart, to your very, fragile, broken core...

That it works... just fine... without your precious splat. Your precious splat is entirely irrelevant to the enjoyment of the World of Darkness, it can be effectively tossed away on a whim and people would go on playing just fine, and that *breaks* your fragile little ass.

Go make a post about how your Archmage can fuck Luna in the ass while taking a righteous fisting from his pet gimp Caine to impress us. We'll all just laugh at you for being a faggot, but you'll be smug in knowing that you just showed us a tiny fraction of your power.
>>
>>53976059

here's your (you)
>>
>>53970647
>"Narrative angle" ... "Modern" games.

Confirmed for hipster trash. Opinions discarded as such.

I mean seriously, can't you see this hunger mechanic becoming trite and tedious after a very short period of play? It's absolutely like every other narrativist indie darling game out there, a one gimmick mechanic piece of garbage that hipster trash like you rave about, waving around your "narrativist... modern rpg" garbage, for a few weeks, even a few months, then forget about because a new one mechanic wonder comes along so you can just repeat the same song and dance again with not a hint more self awareness gained as the cycle repeats.
>>
We can't go one thread without splatwar, it's like we are massive faggots or something
>>
>>53970803
It sounds like you are someone who doesn't like WoD games.
>>
>>53975866
He must have read the v5 play test.
>>
>>53976439
>He must have read the v5 play test.

Too soon?
>>
File: morticia - u mad.gif (662KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
morticia - u mad.gif
662KB, 400x250px
>>53976287
It's why I'm cautiously optimistic. And I didn't say that I LIKED all narrative-heavy games, I said that 'that's what modern game design seems to be leaning towards'. I'm okay with it in some ranged and instances, but I fucking hate shit like 'make Assets' and such. Hunger seems pretty straightforward and easy to keep track of, and my group had no problems with it.

>>53976352
No, I like WoD games. I'm just not a grognard, and I like mechanics that back up the Beast being a problem and a threat.
>>
Another home-brew arcana attainment.

'Mana efficiency' Prime 4: After meditating at a hallow you may choose to roll (Prime+Gnosis) the number of successes restoring the Mana depleted at the hollow up to it's maximum rating.

e.g. You spend 5 hours meditating at a Rank 5 hallow and gain 5 points of mana. You roll the arcana attainment and get 3 successes so the Hallow still has 3 mana. You can continue meditating or channel the remaining mana with a spell.

The idea with this attainment is to give you a reason to perform an oblation at a hallow instead of channeling mana for everything once you hit Prime 3.
>>
>>53975866

Ah jeez, he died too young. Mageposting alone is a hell of a legacy to leave behind (he designed Mage the Ascension in the first place) but man what a career. RIP.
>>
Reading 1k of nights, got to the beast crossover....

ugg. fuck off.
>>
>>53976929
Way too young. Tragic.
>>
>>53976958
Beasts are condescending as a rule. Everyone is little siblings to them.
>>
>>53976992
I would gladly take an eternity of mage shit-posting if it meant erasing Beast from reality.
>>
>>53976958

ATYoN is marginally better than SotC, but that is a *very* low bar.

It took forever to get Requiem 2e supplements, and they unfortunately are, at best, lackluster.

At least The Pack for Forsaken was pretty good, but it's a shame no more releases have been announced.

If Signs of Sorcery is ever released, I hope it's a lot more impressive than the Requiem material.
>>
>>53977009
>erasing Beast from reality.

>Archmage Omen
>>
>>53977009
I would actually like Beast douchey personal supremacy if they made it more ambiguous or even blatantly false in the book. As it stands, its like the Lancea Sanctum or the Circle of the Crone got ahold of the Vampire book and took over writing duties entirely if that makes sense as a comparison
>>
>>53977041
I think that erasing Beast, along with the great Yiff Piles of Changing Breeds (Paradox free up to 3 dot Awakened magic? Jesus) is one of those things that all Entetes would sort of roll over and go "You know what? That's cool. Do whatever.". Maybe even let the person working the omen have a freebie Kenomic Working if they're a Scelestus.
>>
File: WesternCiv.png (43KB, 592x347px) Image search: [Google]
WesternCiv.png
43KB, 592x347px
>>53975077
>>
>>53971349
A thousand blessings, anon.
>>
>>53976958
What's it say?
>>
>>53978142
along the lines of hey little man remember when i scared the shit out of people and fed and then you fed on their fear flavoured blood, remember how cool that was? Hey where you been, you been sleeping where you scared? that wasnt me, hey so im much better than you look your teeth are falling out?
>>
>>53978184
Are beasts even long lived? Dont they become raging otherkin if they are?
>>
>>53972049
Changeling. I have two words for you lad: Doe Pussy.
>>
>ctrl+f wraith
>0 results
I feel like I'm all alone.
It's fitting
>>
File: sad skelly.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
sad skelly.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>53978486
Nobody cares about the Underworld

Not even Death obsessed magefags
>>
>>53978552
I think the OP writers hate it. Which is why they managed to make it seem singularly uninteresting in Geist.

The Astral Realms got a nice treatment. The Underworld, the Lower Depths, the weird border realm between gauntlet and shadow, the places mentioned in summoners - those should get an astral realms style treatment.
>>
File: wizard.jpg (215KB, 680x1240px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
215KB, 680x1240px
The Celebrity devotion is creepy as all getout. Reminds me a bit of Zagreus' "I lie so well the world does what I want" devotion. Just, you know, more useful. It'd take a lot of work out of a lot of things.
>>
>>53979009
Lighting your cig?
>>
>>53979113
oh Celebrity not Celerity....
>>
>>53979009
It's pretty cool, but probably takes a long while to take full effect.
>>
>>53978659

I don't know. I kickstarted a hard copy of Wr20, and Rich Dansky seems pretty hype about it.
>>
File: flash11752_Still-Waiting-on-OP.jpg (76KB, 413x309px) Image search: [Google]
flash11752_Still-Waiting-on-OP.jpg
76KB, 413x309px
>>53979193
when was the last time wr20 had an update

of any kind

any kind at all
>>
>>53979193
Then maybe they can make it something other than incredibly dull.
>>
How would I go about updating magical items from Ascension to Awakening? The Translation Guide doesn't mention it and it seems like just adjusting the spheres won't quite cut it.
Am I being retarded and overthinking things?
>>
>>53979463
You're shit out of luck for direct rules. Just pick an effect you like and apply it to the magical item rules from Awakening.
>>
>>53979472
Well shit.
>>
>>53976059

Well magefagging=wishfullfillment

The vamp crowd has bfs or or gfs. The werewolf fans have the dog they sit for ms robinson. Magefags only have mage.
>>
What was the name of that website that contained all of the rules for different books in a convenient location that Paradox nuked the instant they had their hands on the IP?
>>
>>53979568
>whatisgoogle
>>
>>53974872
You don't get it do you?

Having so many splats represented with their full mythology shatters the suspense of disbelief and takes away focus.

Lets assume you want to have a Game about a huge worldwide illuminati conspiracy. The tone should be somewhat serious. But wait you have to include all the other splats. So now you have Skull and Bones, Reptiloids etc.

At some Point its more about discussing if Dubbya was a Reptoloid who also joined Skull and Bones or a Illuminati puppet that infiltrated the freemasons.

It shatters the suspension of disbelief because how the fuck would this conspiracies be a secret of they control everything. And it takes all of your focus away from the Illuminati Story.

So if you like reptiloids maybe they are a failed Illuminati Project that escapes. That works much better and isn't creating the same Problems.
>>
>>53979715
You can't google things that no longer exist, anon.
>>
>>53979864

>Open google
>type Roman Empire
>Ton of results
>>
>>53979868
Now you're just being a cock. Even for /tg/. You know what he meant.
>>
>>53979880

No he was somewhat retarded. You can also find deleted websites via google. Even more obscure ones with the right google-fu. Some sites are lost though thats true
>>
>>53979896
Something with no press attention, though, and no real presence outside a subsector of the tabletop gaming community? We all know that's gone.
>>
>>53979908
True. Lost a Ton of good sides this Way.
>>
>>53979568
Was this the thing you were looking for anon? Or were you talking about a WoD equiv of the Pathfinder SRD?
>>
>>53979920
Jesus fucking Christ 4chan bugged out like 5 times trying to post that.
>>
>>53979920
That looks like what I remember, though I'm not that poster. Site had a black background, white text, side menus, possibly frames? Mostly merits, a few 'light' rules?
>>
>>53979448

Last month. It's basically done at this point.
>>
Aside from the Strix, Duat, that Seer beast that eats individuality and the Gardeners Legacy, are there any mentions of the Lower Depths anywhere?
>>
>>53980491
Inferno is a lower depth
>>
>>53979920
There was a WoD equivalent of the Pathfinder SRD. I remember before it got deleted that Mage players would use it a ton because it made oWoD Mage actually playable.
>>
>>53970794

Not the worst of hem.
The Worst of them love it.

Fuck you Nezumi-Chan.
>>
>>53965408
Does Technocracy count as Mage? If not, then I've been looking to run a chronicle for that (as Forever ST), same goes for Wraith: Oblivion.
>>
>>53966951
Vampire for obvious, direct sensuality of the very game and Changelling for the implications and erotic fantasy, so to speak, much like various others said.
>>
File: M20_Cover.jpg (256KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
M20_Cover.jpg
256KB, 612x792px
>>53965119

ST here about to run his first mage game, what Movie should I watch or what novel/comic should I read to get in the game's mood ?
>>
>>53979564
Wrong. Magefags have other magefags to obsessively circlejerk their spheres with.
>>
>>53980896
I would take a look at Carnivale and American Gods tv series
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
After gaining their freedom and developing the ability to embrace more of their own without level five thamaturgy ritual, how come gargoyles remained relatively obscure?

>Aside from a handful of blood magic masters, they are the only type of vampire than can fly, and they can fly really fast, that alone gave them massive advantage when it comes to organization and mobility over other clans
>they suffer amnesia upon being turned. This might seem like an disadvantage, but it means the fresh gargoyle has no mortal life baggage and can easily be molded into whatever person his sire wishes. That’s also an advantage of sorts.
>they have their own variant of earth meld through their visceratica discipline
>some of them knew some thamaturgical tricks, that’s more than could be said for most other clans untill modern nights

Why didn’t they overwhelm Vienna chantry with sheer numbers, diablerize Tremere and declare themselves full clan? Seriously, what could a handful of Tremere sorcerers do agianst potentially hundreds of Gargoyles descending upon them.
>>
>>53981071
Cult psychology. And Thaumaturgy is fucking bananas.
>>
>>53980896
Daemonium, an obscure French film on Netflicks that is almost exactly a mage game.

Bonus points if you recognize the demon's incantation at the endscenes.
>>
>>53981123
They could have gone after Augusto Giovanni instead.
>>
>>53975866

F

>>53979778

I find it easier to believe in a whole bunch of different conspiracies who don't get along than one overarching conspiracy.
>>
>>53979568
What does it matter? It's nuked.
>>
>>53979920
Nah, the one he's talking about had literally every rule from every page of the WoD gamelines copy/pasted to it.
>>
Any advice for someone planning on running a changing the lost campaign set in Milan?
Relatively to the Storyteller system. Mostly run Warhammer fantasy role-play 2e, though I have played a bit of L5R, Shadowrun & D&D.

What advice would you have for a new Storyteller?
Any interesting campaign hooks that you might recommend?

Planning on having the players start out with the support of a mentor, an older Changeling who escaped the same Keeper as one of the Players.
The Mentor would be the deposed ruler of one of the courts with the Usurper being closely related to him and behaving increasingly tyrannically with the general aim of the campaign being the deposition of that ruler and then replacing him.
Thinking of including some side elements such as a powerful acanthus mage seeking to learn more about Arcadia that could be an ally or an enemy depending on how the players treat him, a powerful Mafia boss who is mortal but is seeking to expand into some possibly supernatural business though he does not fully understand it and a demon who acts as an information broker and maintains and enforces a neutral zone for all supernatural creatures around the piazza Duomo.

Any advice or comments on whether this would work or not would be appreciated.
>>
>>53981329
Thats retarded. A single conspiracy doing their thing is much harder to discover than a whole bunch of frats,orders and illuminatis supposedly controlling everything and engaging in constant warfare.

>>53980916
>obsessively circlejerk

Best description
>>
They ever actually write rules for spirits eating each other to gain influences, or did they leave it in the realm of "Gamemaster's problem"?
>>
>>53975866

Good riddance.
>>
>>53965119
I'm gonna run a Dark Ages game and it's possible for the silk route and the region of central asia to become important. Does anyone know where the domain of Kuei Jin, Hengeyokai, etc. starts and ends, geographically? Modern day china? Historical han china?

Also, how do the anda survive without masquerade when they live in a steppe region that is probably full of garou and very close to kuei-jin territory (if not inside it).
>>
>>53981839
The Kuei-Jin expanded with the Chinese influence, but you can find them as far out as India and Sri-Lanka, and down into Asia. Those Kuei-Jin outside of China withered as time went on, following lesser (and eventually heretical) dharma.
>>
>>53981864

>chink centricism

Disgusting.
>>
File: 1498227002651.jpg (342KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
1498227002651.jpg
342KB, 1000x767px
>>53981965
>>
>>53981864
Thanks.

We're gonna start in what some historians call Late Antiquity, way before the default dates of any version of Dark Ages. Han already fell and Tang won't exist for a century or more, I'm no expert on the region but I seriously doubt that the warring dynasties of that era had time to exercise influence in central asia or even mongolia. Would it make sense for the Kuei-jin to abandon such areas or would they need to be expelled by force by garou and normal vampires?

Also, I'm thinking about making the early turks, huns and avars kinfolk of the siberian and mongol garou, as it fits their myth of descending from a wolf. Stargazers don't fit this kind of peope at all though. What tribe would be better, Silver Fangs? Do they even inhabit siberia before Russia is even a thing?
>>
File: Come on now.jpg (79KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
Come on now.jpg
79KB, 499x498px
>>53981999
>It's another episode of "Anon has no sense of humor and cries /pol/ at everything he doesn't like."
>>
>>53981446

>Unexpected stock market shifts and political instability, gang violence, spree killings, and civil war

They'd sure have plenty of cover for their antics. Especially if they have supernatural abilities. And I think It's more cold war, brushfire conflicts, diplomacy, and proxy battles than open fighting.
>>
>>53981965
Not him but to be honest it never made much sense to me that there's Kuei Jin from outside of China and the chinese cultural sphere (ie Japan, Korea and maybe Vietnam). Recent invaders like the ones in California yes, but not natives.
>>
>>53982043
The Kuei-Jin as a subtype sort of peek through from folk religions, so they should be fine regardless of time. There was a huge chinese Imperial presence starting from the Shang Dynasty around 1700BC, so you'll be fine to set them in Late Antiquity - and that's definitely after the Fall, since the Three Sovereigns are supposed to be Wan Xian. You'll even have an established set of ancestors.

The Dynasties spread wide, but didn't really exert much influence outside the Middle Kingdom until the heavy Imperialisation of the nation. Central Asia/Mongolia doesn't have any historical central courts that we know about. I'd assume that the region is currently a frontier, since the silk road is just kicking off. You'd have a heavy Quincux presence, with the Golden/Green/Infinite Thunder courts slowly oozing into the region. That'd be causing a slew of dharma heresies, minor holy wars, territory wars and disturbing a very, very few local Kuei-Jin (Either exiles from further in the Middle Kingdom or a smattering of the reborn born on the very fringes) who are probably quiet mystics and ULTRA HERETICAL to anyone who so much as glances at their Way.
>>
>>53967899
I thought that it was normal for people to ignore or at least abridgge most of the stuff in other splats in their games. Specially rules-wise but also in metaplot.

I mean, different splats don't really fit that good with each other. Specially vampire with the rest of the series. If you want mages, changellings and werewolfs in your vampire games the wise thing is to present a dumbed down version since they're not protagonists in this specific game. The same with vampires if you're in a Mage game, of course. As a mage I may distinguish between tremere/blood sorcerers and others, but I don't really care if you're a ventrue, a toreador or whatever irrelevant vampire shit.
>>
>>53982333
I'd say that the awareness of Garou is iffy. More that they're believed in the way most folk religions believe in spirits and oddness. I think the Silver Fangs would be the best tribe, with warring Hengeyokai spilling out of China to create a cold war out in Mongolia/Central Asia. There's definitely one tribe of Japanese wolves who spread out around the pacific, but everyone hates them and they're a minority.

I don't know much about Garou, though.
>>
>>53982344

I use what I call the "Crowded Shadows" model - You're likely to at least bump into one of the other splats at some point or another, though pursuing it as a side-plot is a choice I usually leave up to the players.
>>
>>53982376
Well, as cold a war as any holy war of genocide can really get.
>>
>>53982333
How would that affect other supernaturals, specially fera and cainites?

I don't know much of Kuei-Jin and I don't have the kindred of the east book (although I did read most of it a long time ago for a campaign that never started). Typically they've been just antagonists or curiosities in our games, and it's probably the role they will play again although it's true that those games have always been located more far away from the Kuei-Jin homeland.
>>
>>53972185
Oh, the Akhuds are back ? And Praestantia seems as broken as it used to be.
>>
>>53982376
I'm not sure that the japanese wolves exist in the date we're gonna start, since they're samurais n' shit and japan is still in the Kofun period. Not that oWoD gives much of a fuck about stuff like this, of course.

Ayways they belong to the eastern branch and would probably not travel to central asia. The northern and western ones are more likely to be there.
>>
>>53982470
Yeah, you're right. It also leads me to tell you what I said earlier was bullshit. You want Shadow Lords instead of silver fangs - Eurasian wolves. Easy. They're also absolute bastards with a love of hierarchy, so they'd work well as a foil to th Kuei Jin.

>>53982417
Cainites would likely receive similar treatment as they do currently - courteous, cold and a sudden unexplained disappearance.

The 'Eastern' shapeshifters are covered pretty nicely by the Hengeyokai, and the time period isn't so far back as to be pre-war of rage or anything. Should be fine as is.
>>
>>53975866
why couldn't it hit Brucato?
>>
>>53979568
subnet
>>
>>53982685
>You want Shadow Lords instead of silver fangs

I thought they only existed in eastern europe?
>>
What were they thinking with kuei-jin?

They could make them just another breed of vampire with different origin myth, weknesses and powers.

Seriously I wonder what was the mental process that leading to them.
>>
>>53982760
Started out on the Steppes, sacked rome, turned into muslim wolves for a bit, became turks, but never really left the steppes. In East Europe they had the Silver Fangs using them as scapegoats and Baba Yaga hunting them.
>>
File: maximum shitpost.webm (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
maximum shitpost.webm
2MB, 400x226px
>>53982797
Shouldn't you be baiting with mageposting right now?
>>
>>53982797
they are?
>>
>>53982685
>Cainites would likely receive similar treatment as they do currently - courteous, cold and a sudden unexplained disappearance.

But Samarkand is firmly under ashirra/assamite rule in 1196, according to the chapter three Veil of Night. The narrator of the same chapter also mentions anda being present around Bukhara (this is before papa Genghis has unified Mongolia, mind you). The narrator getsquartered and killed by kuei-jin the second he goes further east, but his sire is able to travel there to retrieve his journal and also those anda had to go across today's Xinjiang to reach Bukhara.

It's clear that Wan Kuei grip on central asia is kinda feeble, with the local kuei jin either being weak or small enough in numbers that they can only target weak and trusting cainites.
>>
>>53982807
Oh, great. My knowledge about werewolves is pretty much limited to modern nights to be honest.
>>
>>53982797
I think it's perfectly acceptable to have them being a completely different thing. Native american and south african vampires should've been made in the same line too, instead of being bizarre cainites.

Remember this is not requiem, you can have a different origin myth like the setites but it's objectively false (at least partially). Caine is the first if you're a vampire, which make it better to limit them to semite and indo-european traditions.
>>
>>53983076
Caine is a member of second generation of mankind. It’s not hard to imagine that as mankind was preading eastwards, some vampires followed. Just as they did with people moving towards Africa.

Unless asians have different creator.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480495805634.jpg (51KB, 960x708px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480495805634.jpg
51KB, 960x708px
>>53982181
We might have a different view here. You can only cover up so many clashes as gang fights without people wondering.

Oh and btw how the fuck is anything the werewolfes do a Cold war. They might crack open a few cold Pentex execs with the boys hahaha...

And the even stronger argument: The whole Background gets super messed up. Is vampirism just a special Form of banes? In a Vampire game fuck no, in a werewolf Game yes. You have to decide which splat is right mythology Wise.

>>53982344
Most people do. Magefags get angry about that because people don't care about their powerwanking that way.

In my games a few other splats exist but they are heavily abridged. Werewolfs don't have clans and their umbral/spiritual shit isn't a thing. Mummys are evil beings. The old sorcerer kings of egypt kept alive by necromancy. True Magic doesn't exist. Only hedgemagic etc.

And who the fuck wants Kuei Jin in their Game? Instead of populating Asia with your own Vamps.

>>53982391
Similar here. My players surely will meet wolfs (who are primitive beings driven by the beast with no complex society) and probably a Mummy.
>>
>>53983185
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdR6TGItCD0
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wYmkhDR5E
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzDxQ6G5ZXA
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcPMx4iN1_c

I think Gentleman Gamer’s made up asian clans make a decent replacement for Kuei Jin
>>
>>53983076
>>53983162

It would have made uch more sense to have normal vamps in Asia. Kung fu and Chinaxploitation is retarded.

In my WoD Asia is claimed by some very feral and very old gangrel metusaleh. The old colonial hubs are ruled by the sects
>>
>>53983162
>Unless asians have different creator.

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest, they're pretty alien even irl and this is a fantasy game.
>>
>>53983233
Thanks senpai. I will surely watch it.

In my WoD Asia isn't good vampire turf though. Metusalehs killing everyone they can get hold off. And hunters Getting their shit together. Apart from Hong Kong and similar cities not a Place to be.
>>
>>53983233
Would eventually watch, but if I'm to replace Kuei Jin I'm gonna make the new bloodlines myself to be honest.
>>
>>53965119
How would a Shadow Lords Ahroun work in relation to how Shadow Lords work with their sneaky, manipulative ways? I imagine them being less punch in the face and more pocket sand
>>
>>53983236
there still are. Have you read the books?
>>
>>53983687

ONLY normal vamps. Kuei Jin are retarded
>>
I can understand why white wolf had the kuei-jin, magic kung-fu, and whatever. It's kind of weird for there to be a supernatural monoculture. And tying the fluff to abrahamic tradition creates the uncomfortable situation of what the true religion is.

Their handling of the situation lacked nuance, good taste, or competence, mind you, but I can understand why they did.
>>
>>53981138
It's clearly Spanish.
>>
>>53983185
Like I said: As much as a racial holy war can ever be cold. They're not walking into each other's territories howling for blood every night, but little acts of sabotage, border skirmishes, the odd rape and murder inside another's territory, etc? Sure. Fits the Shadow Lords pretty well.
>>
>>53983792
They're supposed to be the spiritual/thematic descendants of the asian mummies anyway. The ones who were such utter cocks that Heaven sat up, told them that they were utter cocks, and cast them down. Which left the door open for more to awaken, for some reason.

Then Heaven went and made some more china-mummies later on for funsies, I guess, and hoped they weren't such dicks.
>>
>>53968785
Motherfucker there were Get of Fenris on both sides of that war and the Get who were nazis were warm corrupted
>>
>>53983923

>blowing up multibillion dollar corporate pipelines

Haha its the odd little rape here and then.

Sure kid
>>
File: 214.jpg (33KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
33KB, 615x630px
>>53984098
>>
So anyone here have any interesting folklore etc. about Munich, planning on running a CtL game set there.
>>
>>53984132
Tatzelwurm.
>>
>guy at LGS says he wants to start VtM
>get to talking about characters
>gives me the ok to play a Malk
>spend forever building the character
>the actual character not the sheet
>this was a year ago

Fuck
>>
File: fishmalk.jpg (149KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
fishmalk.jpg
149KB, 600x665px
>>53984354
>gives me the ok to play a Malk

RED. FLAG.
>>
Has OPP indicated if they intend to release any more supplements for Forsaken?

The Pack was pretty good (better than SofC and ATYoN), and I'd like to see more.
>>
>>53984644
Nothing announced
>>
>>53984903
>Nothing announced

That's disappointing.

Any word on when we might see Awakening supplements?
>>
>>53984644
>>53984937

Awakening and Forsaken were screwed by not having a Kickstarter.
>>
>>53980896
Doctor Strange is a good movie for Akashic inspiration
>>
>>53982081
>it's another episode of Anon thinks racism is funny like he did when he was in high school
>>
>>53985025
Anything that makes people en masse mad is funny, and it always will be, no matter how butthurt little bitches get about it.
>>
>>53985025
>Anon cements the statement that he has no sense of humor
>>
>>53984972
I think it's for the better considering what happened with Beast which had one.
>>
>>53985100
So did Demon! Hell they are by the same lead dev! How did beast even happen? Its fucking bizarre.
>>
>>53985075
What do you mean? I'm laughing at you right now!
>>
>>53985100
>I think it's for the better considering what happened with Beast which had one.

Beast was an abomination, well below the quality of other CofD games (including others developed by MattMc), its poor quality was readily apparent before the Kickstarter because of the leak and yet nothing was done, and thus Beast shouldn't be the standard for anything other than RichT's incompetence as "creative director" of OPP.

Simply, without a Kickstarter, a gameline will almost certainly have very few supplements, and those that are released will take years to see publication.

Even though Beast was crap, it already has a number of releases and more should be released very shortly. We certainly cannot say the same for Mage and Werewolf.
>>
>>53985125
Quality control by the rest of the dev team? Maybe McFarland is like the Lucas of RPGs. He can do good stuff but only when you have someone to go "No George, that's fucking retarded now go sit down and let me work"
Beast is the Phantom Menace of TTRPGs
>>
>>53985190

Indeed. Beast, like M20, is further evidence that RichT is a complete failure as the "creative director" of OPP.
>>
>>53985227
I think he got their core audience down.
>>
>>53984022
Isn't that a later thing that was only added so the Get was a bit less controversial?
>>
>>53985303
Da.
>>
>>53985283
>I think he got their core audience down.

Even a lot of loyal and/or politically far-left WW fans thought Beast and M20 were disappointing.
>>
>>53984022
the Get who were Nazis were also corrupted by le ebil americans and their racist KKK :^)
>>
>>53965408

I actually still run a long-running Geist game that has been going on for about 9 months. We started off as a one-shot, but it grew from that quickly. What I have done is set up the Bronx as the City and the characters really drive the story. Little seeds occur when the characters do something in particular (if they do) or when they travel some place. It has worked out very well. This Krewe happens to want to keep the current order of things and work hard to make sure it does. There have also been plenty intimate moments with characters personal lives which have worked really well. It's been a really awesome Chronicle thus far. I am looking forward to (even though its far off at this point) the 2E update to Geist.
>>
>>53978659
>Which is why they managed to make it seem singularly uninteresting in Geist.
>The Astral Realms got a nice treatment. The Underworld, the Lower Depths, the weird border realm between gauntlet and shadow, the places mentioned in summoners - those should get an astral realms style treatment.

Have you read Book of the Dead?

It was an underworld supplement primary for Geist, but had a lot of crossover material.
>>
>>53982732
Yeah, that was it.
>>
>>53985303
It was in their original tribe book... players guide...
>>
>>53985431
Fuck off, /pol/
>>
>>53985775
That just means that White Wolf realized early that it was gonna be controversial to have an all-nazi tribe.
>>
How does one make peace with the magefags?
>>
>>53985871
Like irl or in game?
>>
>>53985900
IRL of course
>>
>>53985862
Where the fuck are you even getting this?
>>
Can a methuselah lasombra take on a combat focused mage?
>>
>>53986013
If the mage is at 4-5 dots. No.
>>
How "easy" is to create a vampiric bloodline? Not something super weird like the gargoyles or lhiannan but more like setite warriors. Can players start them?

One of my players who played a toreador had a bodyguard ghoul who eventually got embraced. We're playing 500 years later now and the same player wants to play as the "grandchild" of the original character, sired by the former ghoul.

Being embraced by a pretty simple minded warrior and being a warrior himself, it's needless to say that this neonate won't exactly be a typical Toreador. Could Warrior Toreador with let's say potence instead of presence exist to better fit the theme of the character?
>>
>>53986013
This is too broad a question. How powerful is the Mage? How powerful is the Methuselah?
>>
>>53986013
No, even the strongest Vampfag can't take on the glory of a Mage. Caine struggles to fight one of the weakest Mages.

The Mageth has Spoketh
>>
>>53986113
Let's say the Methuselah is Montano
>>
>>53986113
>>53986137
And the mage has 5 dots.
>>
>>53986072
So 5 dots beats 9? Ok.
>>
>>53986113
it all depends on the mage, the vamp, and the circumstances.
>>
>>53984526
>implying every Malk is fish Malk
The good ones exist. The best ones you don't even know are Malks
>>
>>53971349
>https://www.4shared.com/office/uikCgm02ei/Thousand_Years_of_Night.html

>VRE

Eww..
>>
>>53985283
The kind of people who share the opinions of the Beast authors don't buy or play games, they just complain about them on the internet.
>>
>>53986178
Not all Methuselahs are at 9 dots, dumbass.

The question is retarded. The sliding scale is too broad.
>>
>>53986137
>>53986178
I'm leaning towards the Mage assuming he/she is prepared.
>>
>>53986217
Yes. Though in-general mages just win.
>>
>>53981071

because tremere are going to die by tzimisce, usurpers deserve nothing less because of what they did to salubri.
>>
>>53986178
5 dots in the most powerful skillset available to any supernatural beats 9 in a middling skillset.
>>
>>53984977
Iron Fist is good for the Akashi Brotherhood.
Doctor Strange is good for Wu Lung.
>>
Charon > Caine

Fight me Nerds
>>
>>53986428
I'm gonna say neither are prepared and just bump into each other on the street
>>
>>53986262

Well tell me about the good Malks you have seen.

I am thinking about having one that has panic attacks and a general fear Problem.(NPC)

I am seeking inspiration.

>>53984130

>not seeing the Irony
>>
>>53986443
Gargoyles are tremere creation and were made from tzimisce.
>>
File: caucasus_ethnic.jpg (72KB, 788x634px) Image search: [Google]
caucasus_ethnic.jpg
72KB, 788x634px
How is caucasus in oWoD?
>>
>>53986262

>The common person has the nuance to hide lolsorandum without fully leaning into it at some point because they want to be interesting or funny.

Human nature is to lean into what gives us the most acclaim. Malks are walking one hit wonders.
>>
>>53986600

Well you know for sure Ravnos made it that far, since they passed through tzimisce lands to get there. Since asian oddities likely didn't go that far north, you would probably have ventrue or an off-clan bloodline. Maybe even Brujah trying to escape venture influence after fall of carthage, I could see them heading east. It wouldn't be tzimisce past their native lands, so it probably leaves it open to what you think would be out there.
>>
>>53986702

venture - ventrue*
>>
Is there a werewolf more weaksauce than Harry Potter werewolves?
>>
File: darkagesmap.jpg (656KB, 1258x841px) Image search: [Google]
darkagesmap.jpg
656KB, 1258x841px
>>53986600
>>
ATYoN, p.131:

"Mages have an amazing array of spells at their disposal,
though many only have access to three or four different schools
of magic at a time..."

Most mages *only* control 30-40% of reality. They're obviously are no match for vampires...
>>
>>53986950

You know how people end up hating 40k guys for obnoxious powercreep? Other deziens here think the same thing for your specific obsession, asides.
>>
ATYoN was lackluster, and like SotC, was focused far more on storyteller advice than expansions of the setting or rules.

Mechanically, elders, even methuselahs, don't appear all that more impressive than regular vampires. I knew that ATYon was not going to be the Imperial Mysteries for Requiem, but I still believed elders would see a little more "oomph."
>>
>>53987237
nWoD just hates vampires
>>
>>53986488
>>53986013
>can a methuselah lasombra take on a combat focused mage
>just bump into each other on the street

Where the heck would such beings just bump into one another, and how can everyone else in the WOD avoid the area?
>>
>>53987252
>nWoD just hates vampires

I think it's more an unconscious overcompensation by many OPP developers and authors for the excesses of Masquerade.
>>
>>53987339

But was it really excessive in context?
>>
>>53987300
This happens in a magefags wild crossover world. Its full of supernatural beings so you can kill everyone with your dank surpreme spheres.
>>
>>53987779
The metaplot was retarded. And Gehenna was an absolute catastrophe.

But you have to treat every PnP with a human sense and personal taste treatment imho.

If you use Masquerade as a toolbox (you don't need requiem to do that) and ignore Achilis metaplot antics you are good to go.
>>
>>53987237
I admit when I got it I was kinda alright with it and still there is a lot of nice stuff in it. However lack of proofreading and editing sucks and elder creation is a joke.

>Whoa you get 50 more exp than normal
Well shit nigger rulebook suggest 3 exp per session at minimum. I'm 20+ sessions in. If I would give out exp every game my neonates would stomp most elders build with this rules.
>>
>>53988355
Well at some point a neonate is able to stomp elders.

Most Elders are pretty inactive. Your PCs are movers and shakers. At some Point they are supposed to be nasty
>>
>>53988524

It's the mc-effect, every low level eventually becomes the ground stomper. And to be honest, elders should know about most kindred before they ever get to their door because of how the blood works.

When people make arguments about mages taking out methuselahs and shit, I always laugh as if they're going to have some kind of 1800s pugilistic dust up instead of brain raping hordes of humans to walk a nuke towards mage and vaping a huge chunk of the city.

Ruthless vampires come at people sideways, they're not going around dueling people. That is how they survive for thousands of years.
>>
>>53988524
On one hand I agree. On the other...at some point said elder was ancila and neonate and he had to fight tooth and nail for his position. So he should have skills to back up his claim. Also while many elder would just sit comfortably in their mansions, play cards with mages and changeling kings many other will be in positions that require stuff out of them(say sheriff or inquisitor)
>>
>>53988579
This. A vamp could just Hide and wait till the mage is Dead.

>>53988604
Well either you just buff the elders or you introduce even higher calibers like justicars to challenge the players.
>>
>>53986114
Yet another fantastic example of magefaggotry. Bravo to you, sir!
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.