[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 28

File: gg.png (495KB, 471x724px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
495KB, 471x724px
Previous thread: >>53929772
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/all-kindsa-drakulas-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Are any of you planning a elder game now?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>53949113
I might be now but have to finish my current game first. Then I have to convince my players to give dark ages a shot. Probably will dangle elder status as a carrot
>>
File: 1454873269836.jpg (296KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1454873269836.jpg
296KB, 1500x1500px
>>53949113

>Are any of you planning a elder game now?

I am unsure if i am going to start in the dark ages and have a fast paced game or if i am going to start in modern nights.
>>
Is the C20 book available for public (non-backer) sale yet, and if not, when? I've seen the deluxe edition pop up for sale in a few places and the pdf for download, but not much else.
>>
>>53949178
oWoD?

start in the dark ages, you can then shift time to cool parts of history and try get your players involved.
>>
>>53949266

>oWoD?

Yep not really a fan of CofD.

>start in the dark ages, you can then shift time to cool parts of history and try get your players involved.

I figured that too but modern nights are much more appealing as a setting. And i like the notion that a coterie of active neonates not playing by the rules can get dangerous really fast.

My idea was to start off in the 60-70s and have the introduction as fledglings very fast paced so that the actual game starts somwhere in the 80s.
>>
Anyone starting any playtests for the 5th ed kit?

Looking for a virtual tabletop run.
>>
So where did it say you can remove a Beast's Horror with Death arcanum like was said last thread? I'd have assumed Mind or Spirit would be what was required.
>>
>>53949309
>And i like the notion that a coterie of active neonates not playing by the rules can get dangerous really fast

And crazy.
>>
>>53948865
You can only commit amaranth by choice. Even while frenzing you'll only drain other kindred of his blood.
>>
>>53949390

I am not strictly talking about humanity.

Its more about actually having a coterie that works together etc.

Oh and all my players get generation 5 for free. In myWoD the Sabbath has a much higher median generation.
>>
>>53949113

Did someone already share ATYoN?
>>
>>53949113
On a related note, has ANY white wolf game done 'elder' or more powerful versions of regular PC's well? So far it looks like scion 2e is gonna be as close as we get
>>
>>53949113
No, because no one in my group is a Vampire fan. I'll probably create some NPCs inspired by the book.
>>
I look forward to someone statting out Dorjan and making him even more unpleasant.
>>
File: ahegao.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ahegao.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>53948752
That’s nice, but that’s Requiem thing and it is done for practical reasons.

Why didn’t Masquerade vampires do that for pleasure?
>>
Have any of you played nWoD as a Space Opera using the World of Darkness: Mirrors - Infinite Macabre book?

How did it go?
>>
>>53950516
I've not used the infinite macabre book. But I've used the setting of outer space for several story arcs in my Mage the awakening game.
>>
File: 1491491112364.jpg (245KB, 1920x956px) Image search: [Google]
1491491112364.jpg
245KB, 1920x956px
Anyone here from the Balkans perhaps? I'm going to be ordering WoD related stuff from DriveThru and I was wondering about the exact cost of postal fees, since the site doesn't exactly list shit.
>>
>>53950787
Why not get the PDFs?
>>
>>53951043

Because I have those already and I want a few of the books as actual physical copies.
>>
Has anyone used 'American Gods' as inspiration for a game? What splat and how did it go?
>>
>>53950516
It wasn't played as a space opera, but my Cyberpunk VtM game ended with my players fighting through an orbital workstation to grab an AI core and bring it back to Earth.

I didn't copy Neuromancer I swear
>>
>>53951412
Why would you do that in WoD and not scion?
>>
>>53948750 #
On page 226 of the Beast corebook it says a Mage can only take the soul of a Beast when in their Lair and that it takes the same ability with the Arcana as it does to take a Mage's soul.
>>
>>53949378
Here >>53951838
>>
>>53949309
Why not a fan of CofD?
>>
>>53951805
Because Scion doesn't work. Also, you probably want Mage, Changeling, or maybe a REALLY heavily reskinned Mummy as far as CofD.
>>
>>53952154
Not him. But CofD has too much imbalance for my liking. Mages are too strong / Vampires are too weak / etc

The contrast is much more comparable in OWoD. Mages actually die in a fight with werewolves and vampires and have to kill them from afar instead.
>>
>>53951838
Huh, interesting. Guess there goes my goetic summons idea.
>>
>>53952208
Ah, I've always solved that by houseruling down the more powerful splats and up the weaker ones.
>>
>>53952208
You must be new. I suggest you shut up now.
>>
>>53952243
Real constructive.
>>
>>53952195
2E should be out soon. It may stylistically not be your cup of tea but it will probably work internally at least and is built for gods and their ilk at various power tiers.
>>
>>53952208
>Mages actually die in a fight with werewolves and vampires and have to kill them from afar instead.

WWWWRONG
>>
File: how to express myself.jpg (92KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
how to express myself.jpg
92KB, 680x680px
>>53952208
>mages dying to vampires and wereturds
Gee, I wonder what happened to all the other 564564 threads discussing the exact fucking opposite.
>>
>>53952262
Oh I know, but the question was why not use it as of before so nonfunctional 1e was the thing in question.
>>
>>53952266
>>53952312
>He's never seen some Arete 3 fuckboy Euthanatos try to be Blade against a Vamp and get absolutely destroyed.
>>
>>53952383
That's called being a dumb excuse for a mage

God, I hate melee wizards. Other than Gandalf.
>>
>>53952427
I had a pretty good IX melee character once. But aside from that, all but maybe 2 Mages I've seen in oWoD got their asses kicked in close combat with other supernaturals.
>>
>>53952522
Did you not invent personal acceleration devices using time to mimic celerity?
>>
>>53951805
I like the idea of a mage meeting with the old gods of mankind.

Perhaps they've managed to exist in the real world and the Temenos simultaneously. Maybe they're potent spirits that mankind worshipped. Maybe they're something else entirely.

IDK, I think it would be fun.
>>
>>53952599
That's why my IX character was good. Main spheres were Ent and Time. And had all the Background points dumped into Enhancements.
Ironically one of the mages getting stomped by a Vamp did something similar, but has the unfortunate happening of rolling the most ill timed botch I've ever seen.
TLDR, he was trading accelerated punches with a Vamp, neither was doing much damage, then he rolled something like 9 1s on his Brawl check, after which the Vamp got more 10s then I had ever seen on it's next turn. It was like that vid where the guy throws a watermelon into a lawnmower blade.
>>
Anyone have the Thousand Years of Night PDF ready to be posted?
>>
>>53949178
Is that round area where his ghost dog piddled on the floor?

Does he need to hire a Wraith to get a relic newspaper?
>>
>>53949509
which can still kill them
>>
>>53952312
Not every mage is omnipotent or omnipresent. Not every mage is an absolute master of their powers. Not every mage creative. Not every mage is prepared. Many mages are overconfident and underestimate their foes. Not all mages know all spheres. Not all mages have their shields up at all times. Not every mage is an archmage, or even an experienced or elder mage. Not all mages have friends. Not all mages have a cabal of powergaming neckbeards behind them deciding every possible thing they could do no matter how out of character or impractical it may be.
>>
>>53952850
If they were, not even Mage would be fun to play because you're enemies would kill you in some bullshit way.
>>
>>53952383

I don't care how powerful the Vamp is, mindfuckery and a flaming sword will always put a crimp in his style
>>
>>53953174
>Not doing a ritual with ur Sabat Pack so fire doesn't bother, specifically so your pack can be assholes with torches. Provides nice fringe bonuses if you need to commit an arson for some reason. Also the more common boring mage ideas like 'flaming sword'. its so common even a vampire might think a mage would do it.
>>
>>53953318

Still doesn't help with the mindfuckery and sword aspects
>>
>>53953318
>implying fire is all you need to obliterate scores of kindred

:^)
>>
File: week of nightmares.jpg (31KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
week of nightmares.jpg
31KB, 329x475px
>>53952266
>>
So mages are the strongest playable in Old. What's the most efficient way to change that?

Could I switch Spheres out with Sorcerer Paths instead? Would that change anything?
>>
>>53953826
>Could I switch Spheres out with Sorcerer Paths instead? Would that change anything?
Depends on if you can change things like cannon crossover events to make sense with Sorcerer Paths. For example, which ones were used when the Ravnos Anti woke up during the Week of Nightmares?
>>
>>53953826
Why does it matter?
>>
>>53953925
This is house ruling. Canon need not apply.
>>
>>53953967
>This is house ruling. Canon need not apply.
Then why even ask?
>>
>>53953941
People don't like the idea of old men fireballing pretty undead people into oblivion.

Blame Anne Rice and all her fans
>>
>>53953977
Are you retarded? People tweak things all the goddamn time. This isn't exclusive to WoD.

Why even bother with canon when you're going for inner balance?
>>
>>53952850
Not every mage is what you say here, but the ones that survive night to night tend to have some of these traits.

As an oMage, much like a D&D Wizard, you play smart or you die. That means powergaming, that means prep time, that means taking high Arete and good Willpower so you can make your casting checks, that means thinking outside the box or using modern hard science to get the most out of what Awakening calls the Gross Arcana.

It sucks for the Mage players who get caught out, the Vamp players who get lawnchaired, and everyone who has to play with the little munchkin shits selected by mechanical pressure, but them's the breaks.

If that is untenable, there's enough Thaum and enough tries at Sorcerer to make a Mage-adjacent, crossover friendly game.
>>
>>53953978
I thinks its more a lot of people are sick of every thread becoming mage cock sucking
>>
>>53953978
I'm pretty sure wizards are generally stronger than vampires throughout the vast majority of fictional works.

It's called bias. It is the death of common sense.
>>
>>53953978
Vampire's going around blowing up countries are if anything more out of character w/ irl mythology.

I'm not sure why masquerade took a left turn into blood fueled dragon ball z.
>>
>>53954092
Masquerade authors had a bad habit of trying to one up the other lines.

It was really pretentious. They even tried denying the Week of Nightmares happened the way it did in the Gehenna supplement.
>>
>>53954166
>It was really pretentious
So the 90s?
>>
>>53954166
no they didnt
the way its describe in gehanna and how it went down is the same.
its mages that try to one up everyone
>>
>>53954166
>They even tried denying the Week of Nightmares happened the way it did in the Gehenna supplement.
I've skimmed that book a few times, but I've never bothered to actually sit down and look, what did they do to deny/retcon it in that book?
>>
>>53954166
>They even tried denying the Week of Nightmares happened the way it did in the Gehenna supplement

"no human weapon killed Ravnos!"
"wrong. nukes nearly did then satellites finished him"
"NO I AM RIGHT. U R WRONG"
>>
>>53954001

Things like this make me glad i restrict gnosis/arete advancement to time skips.
>>
>>53950225
because they suffer the same if not more problems, pretty sure there are plenty of back stories of vampires having commited diablerie while in frenzy in masq, theres nothing that says you need to be compus mentus, you just keep drinking, infact it says the hearts blood is even tastier than actual vitae so your more inclinded to keep drinking while in frenzy, right till theres only dust left.
>>
>>53954220
They tried denying that human technology was responsible for Ravnos' demise. Which is entirely what happened.

It was pretty funny.
>>
>>53954283
Human tech, aka, a fucking mirror, killed Ravnos tho.
>>
id like to see evidence where it says you cant commit amaranth while in frenzy in 1e/2e requiem please..
>>
>>53954295
The nukes nearly killed Ravnos as well. They weren't even intended for him.
>>
>>53954304
>ds and supernatural curses) apply to Resolve + Stamina rolls. Furthermore,
if the attacking character is in frenzy or “rides the wave” (see
p. 181) when attempting diablerie, rolls suffer an additional -
3 penalty.

So one can commit it in frenzy its just harder in 1e requiem, dunno if its changed from 2e.
>>
Aren't Antediluvians supposed to be unbeatable horrors?
>>
>>53949509
get fucking rekd
>>
>>53954377
by other vampires yes, by archmages, master mages no. next question
>>
>>53954377
No, just near unbeatable horrors. All you gotta do, like any vampire, is lure em into the sun.
>>
>>53954413
cept if your ravnos or have fortitude 10 ya know cos he fought for like 3 days and shit?
>>
>>53954423
Ravnos was one of the founders of Fortitude. He got disintegrated nonetheless. On the spot.

Weakened or not. That's just pathetic.
>>
>>53954473
Nigga he took not!HELIOS One to the face after getting nuked and fighting with kung fu Vampire demigods for several days.
>>
>>53954510
Pathetic
>>
It was already decided that Caine loses to an Archmage. And he's the original.

Can we please discuss something else? Like the book that was JUST released?
>>
>>53954540
The mage one? m20 book of secrets, that lets them fuck vampires. Or the vampire one that doesn't let them beat mages? Thousand Years of Night?
>>
File: Virtual Adepts.jpg (43KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual Adepts.jpg
43KB, 500x382px
>>53954571
>>
>>53954540
>It was already decided that Caine loses to an Archmage

Umm no?
>>
>>53954473
on the spot by a mirror that had the power of x amount of suns after he had been fighting 3 v 1 for 3 days and had been nuked twice for 3 or more days.

go fuck yourself, simply fighting him in normal sunny day time most non archmasters would get their ass handed to him
>>
>>53954571

>lets them fuck vampires

I don't know about you, but a hole that cold always makes my little wizard lose it's power
>>
>>53954602
um yes it was. caine looses, the curse is undone via fate, hes gone, nadda. Next
>>
>>53954571
bait.jpg
>>
>>53954607
But Anon, every Mage in /wodg/ is an Arete / Gnosis 9 Archmaster with 8 dots in every sphere and infinite Mana / Quintessence.
>>
>>53954607
>had been nuked twice for 3 or more days.
Wrong. The nukes were only deployed at the end to get rid of the Bodhisattvas. He was then promptly ended via satellite shenanigans.

4-5 dots maximum. No Archmages were even involved. I'm also convinced you're a baiter.
>>
>>53954602

Ummm yes?
>>
>>53954607
lol

The Union had the last say in the matter. They appeared just like 'Murica and saved the day whilst destroying a chunk of India like dumbasses.
It may have been a silly scenario, but mages really did prove their supremacy. I just wish they handled it better.
>>
>>53954283
I thought the Ravnos antediluvian died to Forces 4?
>>
>>53954749
He did. Technocratic Paradigm.
>>
>>53954644
some idiot was suggesting you just need to take EVERY vampire out into sunlight to end them. I pointed out it might take alittle bit more than that.

Everybody fucking argues over the details.

Fuck off, simple sunlight wont end EVERY vampire.
>>
>>53954813

oh yes it will, unless you are talking about yang aspect kuei-jin
>>
>>53954295
>>53954320
>>53954749
>Ravnos ante
>maximum dots in Chimerstry, the craft of illusions.
>Disappears after getting nuked from orbit
>We totally for sure killed him, guys.
riiight
>>
>>53954601
Also a viable read of some of the Free Council for the CofD
>>
>>53954870
>completely optional
>still canonically dead

>>
>>53954813
Forces 9 could technically kill every single vampire. Everywhere.

Throughout all of existence if you use Time.
>>
>>53954867
You can fucking survive pretty long with fortitude 5 if your soak rolls are good enough in sunlight. Fucking fort 10 wont do jack shit to somebody, they can probably stroll around in the middle of the day easily.

NORMAL sunlight....not a fucking mirror that magnified it x amount of times. Jesus, people are retarded.

OI cunto is forces 9 normal fucking sunlight?
>>
Ill make it easy for people:

Fortitude 10 vs normal sunlight. Who wins?
>>
>>53954991
It would win against normal sunlight. That'd be the point.

Against wizard enhanced sunlight? No.
>>
What is the current state of the ownership of the World of Darkness gameline? Could someone explain all of this OPP/White Wolf/Paradox shit for me? As an aside, is this the Paradox that makes Grand strategy games?

I am confused as fuck - a history lesson might help. I have been out of the gaming scene for a while, last time I played, White Wolf was kind of running itself into the ground printing paperback after paperback of just garbage writing, quantity over quality, seeming to try to play welfare for bad fanfic writers, which didn't bode well, but the core gamelines and supplements kicked ass overall, but now I come back and it seems like they just imploded, got bought out by a video game company, and kind of a moronic one at that, then got into some sort of a print on demand scheme, things got all fractured and weird... ugh - could someone provide some clarity, or at least some juicy gossipy explanation for it all?
>>
>>53954068
In other fictional works vampire's tend to be sorcerers themselves and wizards far from the what whitewolf defines as mages.

I'd even argue that wod vampires are as a whole are middling if not on the lower end of what vampire's can be. Vamps from DnD, Vampire hunter D, FF, Castlevania, Typemoon, and hellsing blow Vtm and Vtr vamps out of the water, and those are just some examples i thought of off the top pf my head
>>
>>53954991
The sun, but you can be awake all day as you die.
>>
>>53954991
Fortitude wins. Beckett has been jogging through bright day and he's nowhere neat Antediluvian power.
>>
>>53954413
there problem solved. Your not going to kill the antediluvians by just luring em into the sun...
>>
>>53955030
play what you know, ignore v5e thats being developed.
>>
>>53954936
That isn't how Forces or Time even work. 9 dots in anything isn't omnipotence, even with applied mental gymnastics.

Force or time manipulation aren't unbeatable, even at the furthest extremes.
>>
>>53955073
Have they released his stat sheet? I know he has a really A typical loadout for a Gangrel and im curious about what he has
>>
>>53954991
Chimerstry 9 can block out the Sun, change day to night, or raise illusion of shelter and make it real.
>>
>>53955173
what has this got to do with fort vs sun?

But yes thats another example of ante powers that would make daylight trival for one of them.
>>
File: 1476117299297.jpg (20KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476117299297.jpg
20KB, 431x450px
>>53955173
>, or raise illusion of shelter and make it real.

>headcanon

illusion fetish?
>>
>>53955171
Not to my knowledge, just Anatole and Lucita.
>>
>>53955226
considering chim 6 can create swords that do agg damage to thing, saying it can create a shelter to hide under seems like a stretch to you?

You are a fucking mongo.
>>
>>53955375
By the time the nukes came down the Ravnos anti was likely out of willpower and blood. At which point the sunlight becomes more than enough to finish it off.
>>
>>53951838
God, beasts are so very fucking *special* it's fucking ridiculous. They are so straight up mary-sue it fucking HURTS. Every time I learn something new it only gets fucking worse. I thought it was a joke/april fools thing for a while it is so bad, but nope, this shit got written, and in a non tongue in cheek manner, with the terrible mechanics you'd expect from someone to write such drivel, and then this shit got published... it actually got published...
>>
>>53955453
i am aware of this, please tell the guy who says otherwise
>>
>>53955135
>9 dots in anything isn't omnipotence, even with applied mental gymnastics.

>implying it requires an act of omnipotence to wipe out every leech :^)
>>
>>53955453
Unless he poofed himself away at the last moment which is possible given his plot device chimerastry
>>
>>53954991
Given that you get 5 dice difficulty 10 to soak at minimum 4+ Satellite Success Agg/turn I think the sun wins.
>>
>>53955135
>It isn't how Forces or Time even work. 9 dots in anything isn't omnipotence, even with applied mental gymnastics.

Forces 9 is the most broken of the already overpowered archspheres.

Such a mage can create ubiquitous forces that can do ANYTHING, including the force of vampire killing.

>WOD archspheres are insane.
>>
>>53955614
Its 10 dice, plus whatever elder level fortitude powers he has. He could very easily have one that halves damage via sun and or one that lets him add his stamina to the soak roll
>>
>>53955720
None of the Elder powers reduce damage.
>>
>>53955765
Where did you read level 10's text by the way?

Go fuck yourself too.
>>
>>53955002
>Against wizard enhanced sunlight? No

A related CofD question:

Will perfected light created with Forces 3 have the same effect on a vampire as true sunlight converted from Forces 4 or created ex nihilo with Forces 5?
>>
>>53955765
You gotta remember that the elders themselves make these things. Ravana should have all of the listed ones plus a hefty bunch more. Not to mention his plot device ones that he alone has>>53955765
>>
>>53955030

Old White Wolf: CCP buyout didn't go as planned, WoD MMO got cancelled and the parent company wasn't interested in keeping up with publishing. Became an IP shell, eventually bought by Paradox.

Onyx Path: Old White Wolf's creative director forms a new company to publish books. Licenses WoD, CofD (a rebranded nWoD), and Exalted. Bought the Trinity series of games and Scion from CCP, owns those exclusively. Partially owns Scarred Lands with Nocturnal Media.

By Night Studios: Licenses WoD for LARP systems.

New White Wolf: A subsidiary of Paradox formed when they bought the entire company from CCP, spurred on by the creative director of the doomed MMO. Owns WoD, CofD, Exalted, and all Guardians of Order IPs (Silver Age Sentinels, BESM, Ex Machina, etc). Licenses their properties out to OPP and BNS at the moment, with licensing being its major means of using their IPs. WoD is getting an in-house new edition and soft setting reboot however.
>>
>>53955851
light != sunlight.
>>
>>53955851
you can create as much light as you want, none of it coming from a sun so its not sunlight.
>>
So do we have more on Deviant? I just want to punch the guys who made me a monster in the face so hard I could potentially explode.
>>
>>53955980
you could use forces 4? to make a attack spell that uses light to do agg damage to everything but its magelight not sunlight.

magelight does agg damage to everything not just vampires, better than the sun!

mage supremacy.
>>
>>53955997
fansplat like vaporware that might come out before signs and sigil.
>>
>>53954644
>4-5 dots maximum. No Archmages were even involved.

Within the context of the Masquerade setting, the writers have always made mages ridiculously retarded and incompetent and conveniently ignored most master mages, no less archmages. You needn't look at the Gehenna series, the Blood Treachery book detailing the Tremere / Hermetic war provides more than ample proof that vampires had ridiculous levels of plot armor in the WOD.
>>
>>53956039
vampire gothgirls give better blowjobs than mage neckbeards hence the plot armour
>>
>>53955851
>>53955946
>>53955980
>Will perfected light created with Forces 3 have the same effect on a vampire as true sunlight

In CofD, the answer is definitely yes. First, in 2e, sunlight isn't special. It's just like any other force, and you no longer need Forces 5 to create true sunlight.

Although the final perfected substances rules will not be available until Signs of Sorcery is released [GenCon 2045], Dave has stated the following in the perfected item spoiler:

Perfected Materials as Banes

Many supernatural beings — including all ephemeral, Supernal, and Abyssal entities — have weaknesses to substances or forces. From a ghost unwilling to touch salt, to a high-Rank spirit of corruption that may be slain by a consecrated, silver dagger, to vampires’ legendary allergy to sunlight, mages have long experience of using materials, sometimes formed with magic, to fend off monsters while pursuing the Mysteries. And sooner or later, every young mage dealing with a werewolf wonders what a lunargent weapon would do. The result is both more and less than most apprentices imagine.

Perfected materials count as their mundane counterparts with regard to if a creature counts them as its bane. They don’t do extra damage or have any other greater effect beyond any special rules for the material, but they do discard all other qualifiers a bane might have. If a spirit is only vulnerable to a consecrated, silver, dagger, any lunargent object will affect it as a bane. This extends beyond simple weaknesses of monsters, too — if an artifact can only be melted in dragon’s fire, Perfected flame will do the trick.

Accordingly, sunlight is just light from the sun. Perfecting any light will satisfy the conditional "sun" part of sunlight, and act as a bane to vampires.

>sucks to be leech in the CofD
>>
>>53956066
>vampire gothgirls

>fat tranny LARPers
>>
>>53956171
still give better blowjobs
>>
>>53956157
so what you are saying is you no longer need forces 5 to create true sunlight you need to go further and create perfected light?

This non perfected forces created light that burns vampires, what makes it burn them exactly? Light created via forces might as well have been created by a torch or floodlight.

Vampires in 1e/2e are "cursed" so that only light from the sun, ie daylight causes them damage, its not like in Underworld where any old UV light with similar properties as sunlight fucks them up is it? It physically has to be light that has come from the sun, travelled through space to earth and burn them, not some faux light a forces mage pops into existance?
>>
I'm sorta new to the system but is it viable to start as a human using the world of darkness sheet and somewhere down the line convert to lets say vampire or is it not even worth doing?
>>
>>53956379
Of course, you'd probably have a better developed and more believable character sheet than the standard game.
>>
>>53956341
>Vampires in 1e/2e are "cursed" so that only light from the sun

That's your headcanon, not the actual mage rules. Creation, transformation and control of "sunlight" is discussed in the Mage 2e core, and "perfected light" detailed in the perfected metals spoiler from Signs of Sorcery. Using Forces sunlight well below 5 dots against vampires in the CofD has similarly been discussed ad nauseam here and elsewhere, including commentary by Dave.

I'm sorry if you don't like how an average Obrimos disciple can incinerate vampire elders without much muss or fuss, but you're welcome to complain to OPP or use any house rule you want to protect vampires in you chronicle.
>>
>>53956489
its your headcanon too till you can provide text to back up your claims too buddy.
>>
>>53956528
You're retarded.

>>53956489 Is talking about things n the book/from the dev.
>>
>>53956563
mage book that goes into huge details about what sort of light causes a vampire to burn now does it?

vampire requiem mentions "SUNLIGHT" which is light from A SUN. not some fucking faux magelight created by jonny nopants mage.

The forces 5 transform energy scale goes as far as stadium lights, doesnt even have sunlight on its scaling factor.

shove it, and just so you know i prefer mage over vampire, im just calling bullshit on non forces 5 making sunlight, (practice of "making" can make sunlight), hell control light can bounce it around at forces 2 all you want butbut actually making it is forces 5.
>>
>>53956631
shit below forces 5 you cant even create light, only transform it from something else at 4

hows that for ya
>>
>>53956528

See, e.g.,

Mage, p. 146, "Transform Energy." Sunlight is just like any other force and can be converted and transformed as Forces 4.

As for "perfected light" acting a vampire's sunlight bane, I already quoted the spoiler here >>53956157

The full spoiler is below:

http://theonyxpath.com/sheer-perfection-signs-of-sorcery-open-development/

>Damn, that spoiler is nearly a year old. Signs of Sorcery is beginning to look like vaporware.
>>
>>53956691

Nothing, forces or otherwise, can be truly created ex nihilo without Arcanum 5. However, it's very easy to effectively create sunlight (or any other force) at 4 dots. How else could you throw lightning and fireballs? You can transform ubiquitous energy including gravity, sound, kinetic energy. Heck, a simple maglight in the hands of an Obrimos is practically a WMD.
>>
>>53956700
i agree that perfected light will burn vamps thats obv.

And yeh transform energy at 4 converting something else into "sunlight" again fine but what level potency does one need considering the chart doesnt go that far, but CREATING sunlight outright is still forces 5

Lvl 4 is adept level, faggot boy aboved saud Obrimos disciple can incinerate elder vampires.
>>
>>53956754

A mage can blast a vampire with sunlight as easily as fire or lightning at Forces 4.

All a Obrimos disciple needs is to perfect the light of a basic flashlight with Forces 3 to create a vampire-killing "sun cannon" (to say nothing of what he's capable of with a zippo lighter).
>>
>>53956811
using something that isnt even written yet then yes.

I hope those perfected metals go through some testing/nerfing. Already heard some stupid assed examples of how people are going to abuse them.
>>
>>53956845
>unbreakable magic alloy
>only summoned with durability 1
>can only be enchanted to 5/5 armour
>not really that great
>>
>>53956845

I doubt the rules about perfected potential banes will change much, if at all. Rather than complicated applications of various circumstances and items, including against yet unknown future CofD beings, the current rule is simple, very easy to apply and universally applicable. It's also fairly mild in that perfected banes don't do any more damage or have additional effects on the target.
>>
>>53956957

?. To what are you referring.

If an item is perfected, it has all the perfected qualities. In fact, potency of the spell is applied to Duration.
>>
Has A Thousand Years of Night been shared yet?
>>
>>53957043
the perfected alloys
thaumium - looks good clashing vs spells helps more than extra withstand that prime spell wards give that ES can poke right through
sophis - mana scrounging is pretty intresting, though it gets explained here it doesnt get rexplained for dumanium, perhaps easier to say certain alloys have a mana scrounging effect such as x and then list it with the alloys that do
dumanium - meh

potency needs to be applied to durability, equipment bonus and mana capacity, lucky its only +2 reach (no extra mana?) to make it lasting
>>
>>53957201

Dave indicated that the spell will be changed, and it will no longer be possible to create Lasting perfected metals through spellcasting. Permanent perfected metals will need to be found or created manually, taking significant time and resources.

I also expect the alloy spells with similarly be revised.

It would be great if Dave gave a spoiler update for Signs of Sorcery since it's been in development so long and apparently nowhere near imminent release.
>>
File: Alter Universal Forces.png (184KB, 932x546px) Image search: [Google]
Alter Universal Forces.png
184KB, 932x546px
>>53955135
>>
>>53957276
why do you want to torture us with spoilers of vapourware
>>
Reading through the technomancer's toybox, it startles me just how much "vulgar" shit is now obsolete IRL. fitting 25.5 terabytes into 75mm is still pretty impressive though.
>>
>>53957553
That's not even DNA storage. Upgrade your gear.
>>
>>53957553

>Where's my laser katana?
>>
>>53957553
The worst part of m20 Book Of Secrets was that the VAs still use 'trinary computers' They could have just retconned them into quantum computers and given them a portable version. But no. Trinary. Why do they do this. Quantum Computers even got their own entry. Why didn't Phil ever learn what a computer is.
>>
>>53957648
>Why didn't Phil ever learn
>>
>>53957677
>why didn't Phil
>why Phil
>Phil?
>>
>>53957648

If Satyrdouche's only problem was computer mechanical illiteracy, M20 wouldn't be such crap.

I've been unable to finish the FAQ in Book of Secrets as Phil's unrelenting ego, total incapability to engage in any self-reflection and crass politics (and hypocrisy) makes me want to put my fist through a wall every few paragraphs (to say nothing of the fact that his writing abilities have actually gotten worse over the last two decades).

>Don't forget, contribute to his Patreon, or he might be evicted.
>>
>>53957695
Don't you mean Satyros? It's not polite to mis-species someone.
>>
File: cutie.jpg (28KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
cutie.jpg
28KB, 400x358px
In Chronicles of Darkness, can celerity be used to disarm someone without any form of opposed roll? Even if they have the disarm resist merit?
>>
How can A Thousand Years of Night include a crossover section, and then not have any references to werewolves?

I can *maybe* understand not including mummies, as they are very rare and not all fans are familiar, or human Hunters, as they rarely are a threat to elders, by woofs are one of the big three.
>>
>>53957800

Is "megadouche" a species?
>>
>>53957834
i would think its always some form of opposed roll?

stop trying to make celerity even better
>>
>>53957874
Nigger, I'm playing a fat black man with a tire iron. I'm the one getting disarmed here.
>>
>>53957874
>stop trying to make celerity even better

Yeah, is never going to be anything more than the bastard stepchild of Time 2.
>>
>>53957891
>I'm playing a fat black man with a tire iron

No supernatural powers against a vampire?

Good luck with that.
>>
>>53957891
then your ST is fucking you hard if he is allowing celerity to disarm you without some form of opposed roll esp if you have a anti disarm merit (from where?)
>>
>>53957787
>>Don't forget, contribute to his Patreon, or he might be evicted.
I keep waiting and it still hasn't happened. Sadly he gets $370 a month (ALMOST AS MUCH AS I PAID FOR THAT DAMN BOOK). Doesn't seem like he actually offers much besides more of his inane writing.
>>
>>53957935
$370ish for m20 book?

ah haha hahaha ha ha hahahaha hahaahaha

Why did you think paying that was a good idea?
>>
>>53957935
I wonder how much I can undercut him in the Patreon game. I can do fuck all for an RPG too, but I can also throw in the "not being an annoying cunt" service on top of it.
>>
>>53957856
>Is "megadouche" a species?

Yes, its diet is organic local produce.
>>
>>53957929
Well, that motherfucker was tryin to steal the radio from my ride in my garage. A man's gotta protect his stuff, despite the heat wave down in Florida, it's a cold world out there, brother, we all gotta fight to survive.
>>53957933
Retain Weapon from Hurt Locker
>>
>>53957968
Its a really pretty book! I was hoping for something like V20, a compilation and minor updates to everything. The leather bound version seemed like a great idea!. Nostalgia and books Phil didn't write tricked me into thinking he wouldn't fuck a book. Now I know better.
>>
>>53957968
>Why did you think paying that was a good idea?

Because the other 20th book were pretty good and i didnt knew who Goatboy was before putting money.
>>
>>53957068
Nope.
>>
>>53958004
>Nostalgia and books Phil didn't write

Throughout all the books Phil complains about virtually all the choices of the other Ascension developers and writers, and to the extent possible, tries to undo everything they did, often under the mask of "inclusion."

If I was one of the other Ascension developers throughout its long history, I would not be shy in expressing my displeasure at the pompous, opinionated and poorly written tripe in M20.

Rich's choice to effectively allow Phil to totally control and write M20 and turn it into a vanity political project is a sin that can never be forgiven. I can only imagine if the WW tabletop IP was controlled by some who actually understood the duties of "creative director."
>>
File: M20 Food.gif (42KB, 403x509px) Image search: [Google]
M20 Food.gif
42KB, 403x509px
>>53958013
>i didnt knew who Goatboy was before putting money.

That's unfortunate, you were robbed.

However, look on the bright side, you now have some culinary guidelines for your rpg play.
>>
>>53958121
Technocracy games should probably use processed food to set the right mood too.
>>
>>53958085

>I can only imagine if the WW tabletop IP was controlled by some who actually understood the duties of "creative director."

Given the kind of people who are still interested in it in a time when other games and media eat its lunch, probably not much better, Branford.
>>
>>53958121
He got paid 2c-5c per word on that? Fuck me.
>>
>>53958121
Imagine the chaos and anger there would have been if these pearls of wisdom were cut in favour of frivolities like explaning how the fuck magic works in a game about wizards.
>>
>>53958206
>explaning how the fuck magic works in a game about wizards.

True, but Phil added insult to injury when How Do You Do That still managed to not only fail to explain how magic works, it was an inconsistent mess that exacerbated the problem.

Setting aside all the political issues and Phil's snark, as a developer and author, his writing skills are middling at best, he has no organizational or editing talent whatsoever, and he was more concerned with reversing the decisions of prior developers than simply polishing the established setting and rules like in V20 and W20.

Nevertheless, the real villain is Rich. It was his job to supervise Phil and edit his work, a task obviously beyond his ability.
>>
>>53958206
>explaning how the fuck magic works in a game about wizards

>rules about spellcasting
>diatribes about "inclusion," eating habits and evil conservates

>pick one
>>
>>53958316
Satyrphil wrote for Demon the Descent ?

I really like that, i assume he wasnt left alone to sperg all over it but was controlled when writing for that?
>>
>>53958154
I prefer Asian takeaway.
It's a lot more fitting with the Technocracy's themes of globalisation, capitalism, and efficiency.
>>
File: Average WW players.jpg (473KB, 1283x1760px) Image search: [Google]
Average WW players.jpg
473KB, 1283x1760px
>>53958359
I think the books would suggest you go for Thai.
>>
>>53958347
>Satyrphil wrote for Demon the Descent

What did he write for Demon? I didn't know that he participated in any CofD project.
>>
>>53958384
Thai IS the classic takeaway.
And I live in a particuarly Asian part of a multicultural city.
So there's a plethora to choose from.
>>
File: U W0T M8.jpg (128KB, 906x815px) Image search: [Google]
U W0T M8.jpg
128KB, 906x815px
>>53958347
>>53958388
Is this a meme I'm not aware of?
>>
>>53958316
>True, but Phil added insult to injury when How Do You Do That still managed to not only fail to explain how magic works, it was an inconsistent mess that exacerbated the problem.

oh yes, the old "Concentration would be the focus needed for a psychic paradigm, the spheres are the same as always" followed by How do you do that "Pyrokinesis requires forces and mind"
>>
File: crazy uncle phil.png (477KB, 723x606px) Image search: [Google]
crazy uncle phil.png
477KB, 723x606px
>>53958121
Grog here.

The thing that you need to understand is that There are two Phil Brucattos. There's the Phil Brucatto who's kind of a cool guy and who argued against Masters of the Art while giving us the Orphan's Survival Guide, Tales of Magick: Dark Adventure, The Book of Mirrors and Infernalism: Path of Screams. All excellent books that absolutely hold up today. He also took over the incomplete 1st Edition of Mage and fixed it into a playable game before starting the golden age of Ascension. He can be funny, personable and down to earth.

And then there's crazy uncle Phil and WW was calling him on it in print a while ago.
>>
>>53958388
AFAIK the only nwod book Phil wrote was changing breeds
>>
>>53958469
Now that wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>53958469
im thinking of Dave Hill.
>>
File: Archspheres Revised.png (99KB, 987x528px) Image search: [Google]
Archspheres Revised.png
99KB, 987x528px
>>53958459

This could have been put in place of Phil's dining preferences or tumblrsexual sidebar, easily.
>>
>>53958506
>im thinking of Dave Hill.

Potato Patata
>>
>>53958469
>e only nwod book Phil wrote was changing breeds

That explains quite a bit.

My god, that book was crap.
>>
>>53958550

Yes, but unlike Phil, Malcolm Sheppard has talent.

Malcolm is not shy about his politics, but at least the needs of the book always come first.
>>
>>53957787
>>Don't forget, contribute to his Patreon, or he might be evicted.

Not only that, he doesnt appear on the OPP forums but instead on Facebook on a Ascension group in which one isnt allow to be "too negative as we should be grateful an developer post here" in which everyone there praise him and never bring up any shortcoming to his work.
>>
>>53950644
If you're still around, I'd love to hear more.
>>
>>53958704

Also he is saying that for book of the fallen Goat boy is gonna talk"a lot of material about predatory culture, manipulative abuse behavior, philosophies and metaphysics of evil, metaplot options, a seriously dark view of history, and more."

Oh i cant wait for goats-boys take on all of that.
>>
>>53958550
I could easily incorporate those rules for Archmage players. Doesn't even nerf them in any way.

Why did Phil deny such content?
>>
I keep hearing that it's impossible to make Scion work with WoD. Can anyone explain why this is so?
>>
>>53950787
Where from the Balkans?
>>
>>53954616
uuumm, Caine's character sheet clearly says "You fucking lose". Next Question.
>>
>>53958757
Everyone who ever lived is a nephandi except those in the Disparate treeehouse and the family that runs the local organic hummus stall.
>>
File: caine sheet.jpg (113KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
caine sheet.jpg
113KB, 500x663px
>>53958901
>>
>>53958901

Does anyone have the fixed version of the character sheet?
>>
>>53956039
at that point, there were no archmasters left, moron, due to the Avatar Storm, the Conflagration and similar shit (except Ishaq, but he is the top-judge of the Order, so he has better things to do than waste his time). The point of archmasters is that they are dicks who sit in their fantasy castles and play pretend while the earth falls under Technocratic sway
>>
>>53958934
The Aswadim were still active on Earth post-Avatar Storm. As was Senex and Medea.

>>
You faggatrons literally do not stop with this shit do you?
>>
>>53957837
Werewolves are not immortal and therefor of no concern in an elder game. The lack of Mummies is more surprising
>of course, Beast gets mentioned
>>
>>53958951
I think it's best to just let it happen.
>>
>>53958459
Has crazy Phil won?
>>
>>53958921
Archmages Vs. God.
>>
>>53959014

>impossible to determine
>>
>>53959050
>>53959014
>God is an Archmage.
>>
>>53958800
because Phil hates the arch-spheres and thinks they are a dumb concept
>>
>>53959050
Unless God IS a mage.
>>
>>53958946
Were Senex and Medea not in the Umbra? Senex to defend the Shade Realm of Entropy and Medea because she is a crazy bitch?
>>
>>53959120
Medea is practically immune to the Consensus. She is just too demented.

Senex is the Dumbledore of the Euthanatos and was active during Hell on Earth.
>>
>>53958986
We tried that for the past fucking month and it hasn't stopped.
>>
>>53959010
I'm afraid that he has, anon.
>>
>>53958459
This is the single greatest middle finger I've ever seen in the RPG community.

Except for that time Shadowrun got hit by an embezzlement scandal and Frank Trollman jizzed in his pants for a few months while outlining everything, anyway.
>>
>>53958384
That might be the best interpretation of the average V:tM fan in my neck of the woods. Despite being a parody.
>>
How would a Moros with Matter 4 Death 3 Space 3 Time 2 defend himself from getting ambushed by three Uratha and one Nosferatu?

Don't ask how it happened.
>>
>>53959630
>For the love of god, Keep this guy locked up or the ATF will kill us all!
>>
>>53959757
Sink himself below the earth and burrow away. He should be able to move faster than they can. He should be able to hold his breath for long enough to pop up somewhere else and take another lungful. Assuming he doesn't just turn the earth around him into air. Shouldn't be too hard with Matter 4.
>>
>>53959784
He might need to kill the Nosferatu and a certain Uratha while he's at it.

How would I do this without killing the remaining two? Just kill, not injure.
>>
>>53959877
Sink the werewolf(ves) into the earth and stick them with silver spines made from the earth. Or tarmac. Concrete. Whatever. Well within your capabilities. No forces makes the Nosferatu more difficult. I can't remember if you can make a portal as an instant action, but teleporting it directly up isn't too bad an idea. Otherwise, just sink it into the earth deep enough that it can't escape. Dig it up in a month after it's gone torpid and stake it.
>>
>>53959777
GOD TRIPS COMMAND IT! PHIL WILL GO DOWN IN FLAMES AT THE HANDS OF THE ATF!
>>
>>53959965
He'll charge out with an NDA smeared on his back in period blood, throwing bottles of orange juice and piss.
>>
>>53959910
You'll eat a pile of paradox, so it might be worth emptying your mana pool.

If it's in public, you're fucked. Run.
>>
>>53959910
Sounds much too easy. Or are four dot spells just that strong?
>>
>>53959757
He has Time 2 and got ambushed by someone without access to awakened magic?

Anon.

Liquify the ground underneath the woofs and the vampire and let them sink neck deep. Cancel the spell let the ground resolidfy and walk away.
>>
>>53959996
He would hardly be fucked. Just teleport away and get revenge at a later period. The ambushers are ones who are royally fucked at that point.

>>53960009
You have three dots in Space. You're already a god compared to them. Use Ban and you win.
>>
>>53960009
Paradox and mana, though the latter is less of a concern since he's a Moros and we're swinging a big old Matter dick.

I'm wrong about the transforming solid things into oxygen, that is a Master level trick. He *COULD* transform other gases into oxygen, though, giving himself some recycled air. Other than that, jamming the werewolves into the earth and giving them silver enemas? Totally inside your area of ability.
>>
>>53960031
I'm assuming he has to kill the pair he mentioned during that encounter. Killing one of three uratha and a haunt in public isn't going to be easy, even if people would probably clear out pretty quick thanks to LUnacy.
>>
>>53960035
How is that a Master level trick? You're shifting states of matter, not creating them.
>>
>>53959910
He has death 3. Hijacking a vampire's corpus and forcing it to just run in a random direction is well within the arcana's purview.
>>
>>53960009
Four dot spells are crazy. Four dots is when you can just flat out transmute things on a whim. My advice for killing them is just cast a spell that turns all the ground under them for a few meters into air. You keep the duration at absolute minimum so that they fall in only to have it turn back burying them all alive with a single spell. You can do fancier stuff after that, but it's a good opening gambit.
>>
>>53960048
The ambush is taking place in a rundown (but still functioning) motel at the far outer edge of Mexico City.
>>
>>53960049
Pretty sure transforming objects from solid to gas to water. I'll go find my book.
>>
File: 1284789857291.jpg (196KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1284789857291.jpg
196KB, 900x600px
>>53960067
to water is Master Level*.
>>
>>53959757
You're a moros. What mechanical objects are within sensory range? Are they in a car? Guess what? They're about to have a nasty car crash.

Or build a suit of armor with whatever matter is nearby turn it invisible and just walk out of there.
>>
>>53960067
>>53960082

It's not.
Five dots is Making / Unmaking

You're thinking of Patterning.
Four dots.
>>
>>53960143
Yeah, fair enough. So it's easier than I previously thought.
>>
>>53960065
If it's in the rooms? Just transmute air into silver around all of them. Then spike inward.
>>
Does Thousand Years of Night give any mechanical effects to interaction with mages? Does it say what happens when vampire drinks Mage blood?
>>
>>53960314

lawn chair lawn chairs and more lawn chairs
>>
>>53959784
space 3 bro

cast ban around himself and let them eat shit while your safe inside, then co-locate to safety and they cant do jack shit.

Why get dirty sinking into the ground when you have space 3?

why are you getting ambushed with time 2? rethink your mage life if thats happening
>>
File: Seal.jpg (7KB, 220x251px) Image search: [Google]
Seal.jpg
7KB, 220x251px
>>53950516
Yes!

I ran it as a sort of Star Wars thing, with humans as the North Korea of the Galactic community.

I've run a few games now in that same setting. The first one was a Lost in Space sort of adventure where it was all about just trying to get their spaceship back into known space, rationing supplies etc. Became infamous in our group for being the origin of "The Clarkson Protocol" named after the Captain, which was a complicated flowchart used to decide first contact protocols with aliens wherein the majority of outcomes were to kill and eat them.

The second campaign was kind of like National Treasure, but with museums for alien artefacts.

Pic related basically the first combat encounter they ran into while investigating a distress beacon from a ship crashed on a rogue planet.
>>
>>53955877
Thanks! That clarifies things a lot.
>>
>>53960065
has time 2, gets ambushed, kek
>>
>>53960380
Because most actual pcs don't to the autistic constant casting thing that the thread pretends everyone does.
>>
>>53955495
Why I won't disagree with you, what about that post is Mary Sueish?
>>
>>53960727
Read changing breeds. It's shorter. Now take all the furry pandering in that and apply it to otherkin. Now you havee Beast.
>>
>>53960725
omg its so hard to cast a instant spell asking will i get ambushed today while your brushing your teeth every morning.

fuckers with time who get ambushed deserve to get their shit pushed in hard if they arnt using it
>>
>>53958980
>Werewolves are not immortal
If they get high enough Primal Urge they are.
>>
File: Autism Intensifies.jpg (14KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
Autism Intensifies.jpg
14KB, 502x417px
>>53960797
>>
>>53960797
I never said it was hard, I said most people don't. Welcome to life outside the white room
>>
>>53960813
I'm sorry. But it only takes a moment to utilize Time 1. It's silly to think an Acanthus won't do just that.

It's akin to personal hygiene for your own safety.
>>
>>53960813
most people dont have a morning routine? righto faggot. its not hard adding a 3 second cast to your morning routine.

Im pretty sure non retards can go to the gym every morning, swimming every morning, commute to work every morning. But no some faggot gets ambushed because he doesnt want to cast a simple spell that takes ZERO effort, instead he'd rather get bummed in a dark alley by 3 werewolfs and a vampire.

Yeh well whos the retard?
>>
>>53960813
If your life depended on it you fucking would.
>>
>>53960829
This is /wodg/

People who have a specific distaste for Mage are going to act a bit silly.
>>
>>53960837
darwin will weed out the few mages with time who survive the first time they dont use divination to avoid getting raped. Those that survive will cast it every day.
>>
Mages only antagonize werewolves because they damn well expect to receive the knot on a full moon.

You're playing into their perverted game, werefags.
>>
>>53960821
Doesn't matter, still how most actual games are played. I'm sure there are some people who do, but most don't, it either doesn't fit their character or they don't feel like rolling the dice every day, or even just the ST asks them not to because he doesn't want to plan out every single day of the game in advance because it's a chore.
>>53960829
See above. Also stop getting defensive about imaginary games.
>>53960837
That's also part of it, since it is just a game it's hard to care that much all the time. Also blah blah hubris blah, probably the reason none of the people in the fiction anthology work like that
>>
>>53960330
That's Oldpire. In CofD that would take like, Death 3 Matter 3 instead of just Matter and getting that to stick without an Exceptional Success could be tricky against an Elder if they have high Resilience seeing as how they could have a physical Withstand rating that exceeds 10 (even if that would be pretty nuts).
>>
>>53960889
Death 4 Matter 4 to turn a vampire to a lawnchair.
>>
>>53960889
>Implying it's difficult to roll Exceptional Successes as a Master

>>
>>53960889
transformation shit is 4th dot in arcana

see matter 4 or life 4 or death 4
>>
>>53960907
folk are implying its hard to cast a divination spell every morning so most people wont do it.

implying that a ES is hard as a Master is well within these peoples retard zone
>>
>>53960790
>Beast is on the same level as Changing Breeds
Beast is bad, but lets not say things that we can't take back.

Also I don't see how stealing a Horror with Death is actually a knock against Beast in this instance even if it should take some Mind.
>>
>>53960923
There is some salvagable stuff in Beast(lair for example). No such thing in Changeing Breeds
>>
File: Lame.png (102KB, 449x358px) Image search: [Google]
Lame.png
102KB, 449x358px
It's always so nice to know Onyx Path is out there to teach us misguided manchildren that being crippled doesn't mean anything bad.

It's amazing the game even tolerates "flaws". Why isn't it offensive to say someone's "poor"? Don't you know the struggles the poor face every day, Onyx Path? Don't you understand the prejudice, you entitled fucks?
>>
>>53960886

I think the issue here is that you're assuming something completely unethical.
>>
>>53960907
Only a Moros is likely to have a spread like that.
>>
Are there any new or updated bloodlines in the new VtR books?
>>
>>53960957
Ummm, what?
>>
>>53949689
No. All their attempts across WoD, exalted, scion, and trinity share the same set of problems.
These games don't have the same dbz number increasing power curve that dnd does. You get stronger for sure, but not to the level of 'hey minched by a sturdy swarm of rats' up to 'slays demigods'. So in almost every case trying to stat out the elder vampires, elder exalts, quantum 6+ Nova's, or gods results in things that turn the PCs in side characters by being so awesome.
On top of that they're used for one of two things. Either a they sit around doing nothing (sleeping antideluvians, mask of winter's brooding in thorns, divisi mal dicking around, Zeus sitting up on Olympus) or they do on the rails nonsense the PCs can never hope of stopping (the aberent metaplot, all the end times scenarios, so on). In both cases why the fuck are you wasting space giving mechanics to something the PCs are never ever going to mechanically interact with? Why stat out divisi mal if all he does is shown up in books to push the plot forward regardless of any PC actions?
>>
>>53960950
Wait until you get to the half page textbox about neurodiversity.
>>
>>53961005
He probably means guaranteed access to both death and matter for the proverbial lawnchair spell.

Mind you there are plenty of ways to fuck over people w/o access to magic long before 2nd degree adept.
>>
>>53961062
Or the shit in promethean. Christ.
>>
>>53960988
Nothing in SotC nor ATYoN. ATYoN has lost clans thou
>>
>>53954258
You still have to drink the other one dry, which cant happen if he’s regaining the blood at the same rate you drain it away.
>>
>>53960950
This is virtue signaling so hard that I feel like tumblr would tell him to tone it the fuck back a bit.
>>
>>53961096
Some basically the Julii and the Akhud? What are they like?
>>
>>53959757
How is this a question?

You could kill all four of them so easily.
Ban itself is unbeatable.
>>
Why is Ban so strong exactly?
>>
>>53961251
Julii, Akhud, Hollow Mekhet and Pijavica

Here is important stuff for Julii
Clan Bane: The Strigid Curse
Whatever the cause, the dread Owls’ shadows fall heavily
on those of Julii blood, making them strangely vulnerable to
otherworldly influence. The vampire’s Resistance traits against
the Numina, Embodiments, and Dread Powers of the Strix and
other ephemeral beings, are capped by her Humanity.
Favored Attributes: Composure or Presence
Disciplines: Dominate, Resilience, Vigor
>>
>>53961251
Here Pijavica

Clan Bane: The Mutative Curse
Torpor represents both salvation and terror for a Pijavica, as
he performs his nightly balancing act between bestial instinct
and alien evolution. For every dot his Blood Potency falls
below 4, reduce his Mental and Social Attributes by -1. For
every dot his Blood Potency rises above 7, reduce his Physical
Attributes by -1. Holding onto his Humanity can help mitigate
the Curse; whenever he would take an action using one of his
reduced Attributes, his player may first roll his Humanity as a
dice pool, with a penalty equal to the amount his Attributes
are reduced. If he succeeds, he may restore the Attribute to its
full value for that action.
Favored Attributes: Stamina or Wits
Disciplines: Animalism, Protean, Resilience
>>
>>53961327
Interesting. I like that they're not simply Roman Ventrue now, though I think their discipline spread could be Animalism, Dominate and Vigot instead. Their weakness is also a bit easy to ignore in settings different from Requiem for Rome, but I understand they're not really meant to be played elsewhere. What about the other clans? Do the Akhud still have their unique discipline?
>>
Please... give me... pdf...
>>
>>53961405
You sound desperate
>>
>>53961367
Praestantia
Cost: None or 1 Vitae per active effect
Dice Pool: None
Action: None (for persistent effects) or Reflexive (for active effects)
Duration: Permanent (for persistent effects) or one turn (for active effects)
Persistent effects are
always on, and have no cost. Active effects are Reflexive, and cost one Vitae per effect.
Persistent: Add the vampire’s dots in Praestantia to her Dexterity when making Attribute or Skill rolls, and to her
Initiative modifier. This can raise her Dexterity above the normal limits imposed by her Blood Potency.
Active: By spending Vitae a vampire can call upon millennia of stolen Kindred experience, pre-empting disaster
and making violence look easy. For each point of Vitae spent, choose one effect from the following list. A vampire
may spend additional Vitae to invoke multiple effects simultaneously, but no effect of Praestantia may be used
more than once per turn.
• Add her dots in Praestantia as a weapon bonus to all Firearms, Athletics, and Weaponry attacks made with Dexterity
this turn. This puts enormous strain on weapons, especially those not designed for moving at high speeds. Improvised
weapons take one point of damage for every dot of Praestantia over that tool’s durability whenever they are used
in this manner.
• Replace a failed action to inflict violence with another, different kind of action as though the first one never
happened; the vampire instantaneously imagined the first scenario and foresaw how it would fail, then acted
differently. He can’t just try his original action again; something fundamental must change, whether it’s the Skill he
rolls, the weapon he uses, or the victim he targets. Simply enhancing the original action with new powers doesn’t
cut it either. He can’t replace a dramatically failed action, but if he can spend more than one Vitae in a turn, he
can use the previous active effect to turn the dramatic failure into a normal one first and then replace it.
>>
>>53961367
In theory second edition puts bigger focus on Strix. But yeah if ST does not give a fuck about them then Julii are curse-less. On the other hand book states that there are 3 julii elders left running around.
Thou treat it with a grain of salt since they state in antagonists section that there is only one pijavica and in another part of the book they present another one >_>
>>
>>53961346
Do they have any weird extra stuff with the whole "being a blob monster" thing? It bothers me they have the same Discipline spread as Gangrel, but at the same time what else would they have?
>>
>>53961447
Sadly they get nothing more with I think is bullshit considering how crippling that curse effect is. What is worst book gives example of Pijavica named Chernobog that ate a Fae and now has permament pair of wings out of his back. So you should be able to do cool stuff with but fuck you no write up
>>
>>53961425
Sounds absolutely busted. Didn't they also have Celerity in clan?
>>53961446
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the Licinii also survived the fall of Rome, which means there are a few more of them around.
>>
>>53961564
Disciplines: Celerity, Praestantia, Obfuscate

Yup. Unless you count in devotions this is much better than vigor
>>
>>5396113
>>53961131
If they are frenzied they will beat your ass I to torpor or just fucking aggressive bite you to death in masquerade, letting other vampires drink your blood often is a fucking stupid idea, but no you go ahead with your weird fuckinf biting fetish and let any St Worth his salt show you why no n retard vampires dont do it
>>
pdf... please........
>>
pdf............
>>
p....
>>
I think he fell into torpor. Quick bring toothpaste and marker
>>
>>
My take on Inconnu (Masquerade):

The Inconnu aren't Gehenna seekers. In fact thats just a lie they spread as part of the smokescreen sorrounding them.

Inconnu are the remnants of the Eternal senate. They were forced to leave rome before barbarians could overrun it.

After Rome they realized they had to look at the even bigger picture. Their aim is it to establish living conditions benefitial to their survival (and that of the vampiric race but thats a Distant second place).
>>
So, i didn't see anything in this Thread, but what is /wodg/s opinion on VtM 5th Edition?
Good/Bad/Indifferent?
From what i have seen of it i don't know what to think.
I am a bit skeptical of the changes, but i don't know if that's just grognardery on my part or not...
>>
>>53963104
I'm a requiemfag so mostly Indifferent but from what I've seen they made some questionable rule choices(hunger mechanics, 6+ difficulties) and also seem to want both more squick and less pulpy metaplot
>>
>>53963139
Lol, the two things you mentioned are actually the two things that where the most positive/intriguing for me.
The fixed difficulty gives some mechanical security, the 'either raise the difficulty or the number of successes necessary' was a mess.
And the hunger mechanic is intriguing, at least, but i can see some problems with it.
>>
File: Angry Shinji.jpg (142KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Shinji.jpg
142KB, 750x1000px
>>53958085
Pretty much this.

V20 and W20 were awesome, but M20 was a crock of shit, somehow managing to be worse than Mage Revised (which in and of itself, was pretty shitty)

Onyx Path and NuWW are plagued with shitty writers, shitty products, and shitty agendas (SJW identity politics for Onyx Path, 2edgy4u grimderp for Nu-White Wolf)

I don't know who's the worst of the lot. I've narrowed it down to three people....

>Justin "WoD is super-duper serious!" Achilli
>Satyros "Chaos Magick Goatboy" Brucato
>Martin "Edgelord Dracula" Ericsson

It's a real shame, because the early White Wolf stuff was pretty good, and this applies to both WoD and nWoD.

I'm officially done with both WoD and CofD. Enough is enough.

TL;DR Onyx Path sucks and New White Wolf sucks too. Fuck these companies.
>>
>>53963193
See I prefer nwod dice mechanics. Also whole blood rousing system looks like something that will take a lot of time and upkeep. Also not sure about 3 attributes
>>
File: Revy Angry.jpg (102KB, 580x478px) Image search: [Google]
Revy Angry.jpg
102KB, 580x478px
>>53963104
From what we have seen so far, it's really shitty.

As typical of Martin Ericsson, it's pretentious edgelord grimderp.

As pretentious and odious as Justin Achilli and Satyros Brucato are, Martin Ericsson is ten times worse.

Do what I do and ignore VTM 5e and VTR 2e. Either play with the old material and modify things to your liking (which is what I used to do) or just say "Fuck it.", abandon ship and go back to playing D&D and BESM (which is what I currently do).

There's no hope for WoD/CofD. Both OPP and NuWW are horrid companies who ruined their own products for the sake of thematic and ideological purity. Stick a fork in it, because this goose is cooked.

I'm sick of WoD/CofD and their shitty and pretentious fandoms, and I'm really sick of pretentious edgelords like Martin Ericsson who are driving a once-great RPG franchise into the ground.

Fuck Onyx Path, Fuck White Wolf, and Fuck Martin Ericsson!

Screw you guys, I'm playing Big Eyes Small Mouth, the one White Wolf-owned franchise that haven't been ruined by the White Wolf and Onyx Path scumbags or their pretentious fans.

Fuck all of you.
>>
>>53949113
>Are any of you planning an elder game now?

Nope
>>
File: 1495703570048.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495703570048.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>53963316
>he thinks VtR 2e is worse than 1e
>>
>>53958004
Satyros Brucato is a talentless hack
>>
File: shinji_ikari_by_sythius.jpg (89KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
shinji_ikari_by_sythius.jpg
89KB, 500x461px
>>53963414
Well, it kind of is.

1e was fine on its own, it didn't need Tilts, Conditions, Touchstones, reworked Disciplines, or the over-emphasis of the Strix.

What does it matter now? I'm officially giving up on both versions of Vampire. WoD and CofD collectively have the worst fanbase in Tabletop RPG's.

I'm sick of all the pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>53963414
Eh, some people aren't comfortable with such drastic change. Live and let live.
>>
>>53963442
>WoD and CofD collectively have the worst fanbase in Tabletop RPG's.

You have weird way of saying D&D 3.5
>>
>>53963316
Man, you seem salty as fuck, but could you elaborate a bit, maybe?

>>53963276
I mean, i don't care much about the dice either way, as long as its consistent and not counter-intuitive.
And as i said, i am mostly intrigued by the new blood system, not necessarily a fan yet.
But the thing is that , at least in the games i have played in and run, blood point management was one of the less interesting yet more time consuming parts.
Kind of a mathematical equation: I have x Ghouls, x Domain and z Resources, and i have n Days. By how much do my BPs change?
>>
Does anybody like VTM 5e?

All I'm hearing is negativity. I have a feeling this will get an even bigger backlash than Beast: The Primordial.
>>
>>53963469
Then what do you think about setting changes?
>>
File: Ayane.jpg (112KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Ayane.jpg
112KB, 894x894px
>>53963469
WoD and CofD have extremely shitty and pretentious fanbases obsessed with ideological purity and insisting that so-called "personal horror" is the only valid way to play a fucking pretend game about pretend monsters and that if you deviate from pretentious personal horror in any way, you're automatically "playing the game wrong" and I'm sick of the thematic purists who condemn others just because their idea of fun is different from the "One True Way" of so-called "personal horror" that White Wolf/Onyx Path have been cramming down our throats since Revised Masquerade.

I can't stand these pretentious pseudo-intellectual guyliner-wearing wristcutters who voluntarily listen to Sisters of Mercy and Type O Negative and think they're better than everyone else.

I've learned that WoD and CofD are no longer for me, I'm sticking to BESM and D&D.
>>
>>53963493
That's where my Grognard is showing, desu.
I am very skeptical, of what i have heard so far, but then again i ran my V20 games in a 'revised corebook' setting (Gangrel in the Camarilla, and all that) and didn't a deep-dive into 5th ED yet either.
>>
File: Stone Greaser.jpg (88KB, 859x930px) Image search: [Google]
Stone Greaser.jpg
88KB, 859x930px
>>53963465
D&D 3.5 fans are pretty awful, but nowhere near as pretentious.

You don't see many Goths, edgelords, or pseudo-intellectuals playing D&D 3.5

It seems the only proper way to play WoD or CofD is to be a pretentious and emotionally masochistic edgelord Goth/Punk/Emo/etc., and if you're not a pretentious asshole, you're a heretic for deviating from the "right way to play WoD/CofD".

Not everyone is a pretentious Goth who wallows in their own misery and powerlessness. White Wolf and Onyx Path have failed to realize this.

It's condescending bullshit.
>>
>>53963516
>pretentious pseudo-intellectual guyliner-wearing wristcutters
Not saying you are wrong, but you are at least 15 years to late with your criticism.
That's like groaning over rules lawyering power gamers in 3.5/PF

But yeah, the 'one true way' is pretty strong with WoD...
>>
>>53963537
I also ran my V20 games in a 2e-style setting. Revised was a low point for WoD, with its out-of-control metaplot and Justin Achilli's condescending writing.

The fact that 5e is resuming the awful metaplot even after V20 reached a fair compromise by being metaplot-neutral makes me realize that WoD is a lost cause.

Fuck, I need a drink.
>>
>>53963537
Myself as a requiemfag I kinda dislike them. While I never dug vtm setting and metaplot I do see reason why people enjoyed it. Now I kinda look at the changes and nuWW wants to have both requiem and masquarade without gettting any of those and doing them far worse IMHO
>>
>>53963104

Bad.

>lelelelel Camarillia are stupid 1% yet they somehow have the control
>poor occupy wallstreet fellow anarchs who are forced to do ISIS Style terror attacks against the ebil camarillia (despite the second inquisition thats going to fuck all vamps due to that behaviour)
>"Gehenna War"
>Second Inquisition to fuck the players when they build a power Base/herd so that zeee vampiric struggle always is the most important element
>you now have to Kill people to be satisfied
>every road and rail out of berlin is secured by Special forces (lel probably if you use all of the federal police units and most of the state ones) despite the fact that this is off the charts unrealistic
>if you just walk out the City doing the intelligent thing (((((somehow))))) a werewolf tracks you (apparently the get of fenris Now have armies at their disposal and their main purpose is to keep vamps in the city)

Nothankyou.png
>>
File: Sailor Jupiter Wrestler.jpg (142KB, 850x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor Jupiter Wrestler.jpg
142KB, 850x1400px
>>53963583
I know, it's awful, right?

I got into WoD back in 2010, so I was a little late to the whole thing. The idea of a modern setting was very attractive to me, but the thematic purism of the fanbase was very off-putting.

I spent the next seven years trying to homebrew and Rule Zero WoD and nWoD to my liking and trying my best to soldier on despite the condescending purists.

But now I have realized I've wasted my time and WoD/CofD has brought me more misery than fun.

I think I'm going to shut up now and watch reruns of Sailor Moon and maybe some 1990's pro-wrestling. I just got WWE Network, maybe I should check it out instead of posting in this thread.

Not sure if I should watch WCW, ECW, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, or Attitude Era WWF. Guess I got some thinking to do.
>>
>>53963598
Yeah, i too have the fear that nu-Wolf wants its cake and eat it too.
But i am at least looking forward to the computer game site of the IP, maybe that can win me over

>>53963592
Would you mind giving me a quick TL;DR of the new metaplot?
>>
>>53963643
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>53963643
Isn't that just the plot of the play-test, or is that the actual new metaplot?
>>
>>53963647

Just search a few good players. Invest a day to create a Background thats focused in your mainplot. Think about other splats you might want to include. Adjust their backstory. Cut the rest of the splats and the metaplot.

Wham oWoD works.

Fuck the fanbase. I just Post here to fuck with magefags and their constant powerwanking and to have the occassional interesting Masquerade discussion.
>>
>>53961292
Ban bubbles off an area by curving space so that a straight line in any direction leads back to the center of the bubble. There's no walls punch through, no way to fly out, you're just stuck in an Escheresqe hell until the spell wears off. Most supernaturals have no way out of that. And because it targets the area around you rather than yourself, you generally can't Withstand it.
>>
>>53963680
Finally, someone here who makes sense.

Now I just have to find some good players.
>>
>>53963680
This guy gets it
>>
>>53963669

Well the playtest might have been over the Top but:

>Gehenna War seems to be canon
>camarillia is a 1% Club for priveleged vamps (that at least in berlin likes fucking with anarchs for no reason whatsoever)
>second inquisition is canon (i can't Stress how stupid this whole KSA, GSG 9 running around everywhere Concept is)
>First of all in Germany only the Verfassungsschutz is allowed to do domestic Spy agency shit ( and they are mostly old dudes organizing lectures about neo nazis at schools, they are somewhat effective at Monitoring islamists though)
>a KSA doesn't exist
>probably 90% or more of the GSG 9 assets would have to be deployed only in berlin to pull the shit of the demo
>>
>>53963680
Yeah, basically this.
Masquerade is best played with people you already know (or vetted beforehand) and if you all have a somewhat similar idea for the game in mind.

><><

As a side note, is it only me or is it actually kinda difficult to earnestly be angsty when playing Masquerade? I mean, at the end of the night being a Vampire isn't that bad, is it?
>>
>>53963792
Not in Masquerade, no. Requiem, on the other hand: Your unlife is a big sack of cocks, and you have to suck all of them before naptime.
>>
>>53963792

Well for me the scary shit always was that you loose all of your Mortal background (hard to pull off ingame).

And you are dragged into the mafia in Crack with dudes from the 15th Century in Top. There is a realistic chance you have to fight against crazy Catholic vampire surpremacists using terror tactics. Oh and Werewolfs exist...

Its not angsty though.
>>
>>53963792
Ech I run requiem and me and my players are of simmilar opinion. Probably because on our list of vampiric inspiration top positions are
1. What we do in the shadows
2. Everything by Guy Richie
>>
>>53963826
Really? Because second ed gives you a shit ton of cool powers, workarounds on the curse, and drops whole no feelings/fog of ages/predator taint bullshit.

Even ATYoN is wrriten in rather upbeat tone
>>
>>53963876
Only ever skimmed it - the core, anyway. My impression of 2e was "1e, with with devil owls".

You had feelings in 1e. They were just really shitty ,and your entire unlife was built around "I am a monster, and everything about me is trying to sink into wickedness and sin." From what I'v seen of ATYoN, Elders only 'get used to it' rather than actually enjoy their unlife.
>>
>>53963903
Dunno I never got this "woe is me" from requiem. But on the other hand I used to get bombarded by it by Vtm fans back in the 90s and early 00s.

>hurr masquarade is serious game
>its about playing a monster
>hurr grimderp
>doomed existance
>true art is pain
>>
>>53963977
Honestly thats still better than mage powerwanking.
>>
>>53963789
I was about to write something about the fact that maybe Berlin was a special case because it was only 'taken back' from the Anarchs recently, but then i remembered that that was Shadowrun, not Masquerade

>>53963840
Yeah, i didn't mean to say that there aren't any downsides to being a Vampire, only that being a Vampire isn't inherently bad.

I don't know, it's just so difficult so see why you would mope around if you are an Übermensch with magic powers.

And it would be hard to be depressed if there was a fire as strong as the Beast inside of you, i think a Vampire would be far more likely to go rogue and turn into a murder-machine if none of the human emotions carried any weight anymore than to be depressed.
>>
PDF PLEASE
>>
>>53964064
A Thousand Years of Waiting
>>
>>53964023
I dunno. Powerwank does not ruin Awakening for me(Ascension I never cared much about thou technocracy is neat). On the other hand Masquarade is kinda ruined for me due to edgelords. I know I could play it as I play requiem(supernatural mystery, cloak and dagger game) but "wrongbadfun" is ther in the back of my head
>>
>>53964064
(Of what?)
>>
>>53964146
thousand... years... of night...
>>
>>53963977
I think that's more the fact that goths and emokids played it. VtR really stepped up that your life sucks. Hard. WtF stepped up that you're a homicidal motherfucker, and MtAw stepped up.. something.
>>
>all bodily fluids are replaced with blood
>can imitate sexual acts fully

do vampires jizz blood
>>
>>53964084
>A Thousand Years of Waiting

Sigh... at least ATYoN's been released and will almost certainly be shared in the coming days.

Us poor Awakening fans can't even get a Mage FAQ, and I'm convinced that Signs of Sorcery is never leaving the bottomless pit known as OPP "development."

>My faith in DaveB is waning; the Komodolord is a false god
>>
>>53964212
>MtAw stepped on.. something.

Fix that for you
>>
>>53964041

Even with a WoD treatment the playtests berlin is retarded. Everyone who knows Germany or Berlin sees how stupid that is.

Well i think Personal horror is hard to pull of. Becoming a Vamp would mean loosing family,gf and Friends. But i think 90% of the players don't want to explore that.

For me it is Fun at first. Ebin powers,hunting and bossing around ghouls. Then you realize all the other polite vamps are hellbent on fucking you. And there is a war going on. Hunters etc.

And quickly its not fun but fighting for your unlife.
>>
>>53964212
>VtR really stepped up that your life sucks. Hard. WtF stepped up that you're a homicidal motherfucker

The tone of WOD back from the 1990's, whether by design or not, tended to be goth superhero. The very intentional design and intent of CofD was always more personal horror, with *maybe* a more relaxed urban fantasy vibe is you squinted real hard (*cough* Mage *cough*), and the rules in both CofD 1e and 2e sought to very firmly emphasize the point. For example, virtually every merit or ability has a clear catch or downside, and the integrity and analog stats strictly punishes nonconformity.
>>
>>53964212
W:tF seemed to tone down alot of the retarded bullshit from W:tA though. They're still violent assholes but the "Your source of power is literally supernatural rage" seemed less stupid then "You're a furry hippy that's really triggered by pollution"
>>
>>53964300
>"You're a furry hippy that's really triggered by pollution"

>Half furry Captain Planet, half eco-terrorist. What could go wrong?
>>
>>53964272
>MtAw stepped on.. something.

Every other splat, and they really grind in their heels.

Mages are assholes, which is both a feature and bug in the setting.
>>
>>53964290
>For me it is Fun at first. Ebin powers,hunting and bossing around ghouls. Then you realize all the other polite vamps are hellbent on fucking you. And there is a war going on. Hunters etc.
>And quickly its not fun but fighting for your unlife.
Yeah, you are right, being a Vampire is pretty similar to being in a dealer for a gang:
At first you make make good dough, get the hoes, then you realise that the leader makes more than you just from selling to you and that the Cartel is moving in and isn't afraid to make some heads roll just to make their point.

At least, that's one way to look at it.

But i could counter what i quoted as well:
All the other Vampires don't want to fuck you over necessarily, its just that you are either a pawn, an enemy or not relevant for them, non of which gives them any reason to be any nicer to you than would further their schemes.
And the War isn't as hot as you make it out to be, it's not like every Cammy goes to bed with a pistol under their pillow out of fear a Tzimisce would turn them into a tree. For other reasons (like common sense), but a Sabat attack isn't an imminent threat for the average vampire.
Same with hunters: Vigilance is half the battle.

Of course, both ways are viable options, it all depends on what game you want to play and run.
>>
>>53963442
>WoD and CofD collectively have the worst fanbase in Tabletop RPG's.
That's Exalted. This one can suck but Exalted drove me screaming into you people's arms a while back.
>>
>>53964218
Yes
>>
>>53964549
Nigga play Pathfinder or 5e if you want to see cancer fanbases. WoD has problems, but shit, those games are so much worse.
>>
>>53964535

Ofc you are right. If you play in a non-frontline city with a stable Government, intact masquerade and a prince that isn't overly tyrannic all of that doesn't apply.

But thats somewhat boring. I mean Yeah you could play a slow and quiet intrigue Game. But its more interesting to play in a City where stuff happens.

You could play DnD in a boring kingdom with monsters and Dungeons far away... but Why would you ?
>>
>>53963559
>You don't see many...pseudo-intellectuals playing D&D 3.5

Now I know you're baiting. /tg/ is 24 hour proof this is untrue.
>>
>>53964613
I do play them. I will still contend Exalted fans are a special kind of horrible
>>
>>53964300

WtA, however, was way more self aware then, say, Beast. The game did have a major comedy streak running through it.

And my god is Pentex fond of the Double-Bluff.

>>53964549

Exalted is a game for sheer power fantasy in a fully realized fantasy world.

In Mage, power is supposed to have consequences that you might not be able to forsee. Often enough, mages are victims of their own success. There's a reason the Cult of Ecstasy accomplishes so little, and it's not just because they're a bunch of lazy hippies.

If the old Order of Reason guys could see the Technocracy today, they would weep.
>>
>>53964657
And how likely is a "Dream" City?

A stable Government is often tyrannic.

A non-frontline City often is torn by intrigue.

And the Masquerade for a party that knows Vamps exist(Hunter), isn't the problem. Finding them is. All it takes is a bad frenzy etc.
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.