[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superhero RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: DCBigSix.jpg (97KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
DCBigSix.jpg
97KB, 560x420px
What is /tg/'s go-to Superhero RPG? Friend of mine wants to run a superhero game for a bunch of newbie retards+myself. Hardmode, not Champions.
>>
File: uncomfertble.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
uncomfertble.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>53963687
Tenra Bansho Zero
>>
>>53963687
Mutants and Masterminds.
Character creation is tricky and lengthy and you NEED to stress that the objective is not to make the most broken/powerful character but to make the most fun and entertaining one, but you can make literally any kind of cape book character imaginable and the actual system itself is almost ridiculously simple.
>>
>>53963732
I'll second Mutants & Masterminds 3e, especially if your group has ANY experience with d20 systems. If you do, the transition will be incredibly easy; that's the biggest reason why my own group adopted it.
>>
>>53963830
Not OP, but I'm interested. Does M&M have much worthwhile online game presence?
>>
>>53963852
What do you mean?
>>
>>53963946
Are there quality games running at places like roll20, or should I just focus on bullying my friends into playing?
>>
>>53963955
Couldn't tell you. I played with my local circle of friends.
>>
>>53963955
It's not DnD levels of popular (what fuck is really?)but it has a decent following. I would still try to get your friends into it though if your scouting fails.

The system is still getting supplements to this day, so it's not like you're going to be playing a dead game.
>>
>>53963687
Mutants and Masterminds is the one I see most frequently, though there's also Godlike/Wild Talents.
>>
Has anyone tried using Savage Worlds for this?

I figured it'd be easier to do a more gritty superhero game, but I don't know if anyone done a more fantastical approach with the system.
>>
>>53963687
HERO.
Sure, you need a few minutes with a calculator sometimes, sure combat might be a slower than other games, but for pure flexibility, able to do whatever you like, you cannot beat HERO and Champions.
If you want speed, this is not for you. If you want involved and flexible heaven, then this is yours.
>>
>>53963687
I'm waiting for aberrant 2e
>>
PbtA has a few superhero stuff, Masks for teenage superhero drama, and Worlds in Peril for a more generic comic book thing.

FATE/FAE are also pretty good at pulling this stuff off.

>>53966204
I haven't, but I don't see why not.
>>
godlike
>>
>>53963687
Marvel heroic role playing is pretty fun and enjoyable.
>>
>>53963687
>a superhero game for a bunch of newbie retards

Marvel Superheroes RPG

roll d100
consult chart.

that easy
>>
>>53963732
Herolab has a very nice character builder for both 2nd and 3rd. Demo version is free but you cant save the character, you write it down.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.