[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Su Casa Es Mi Casa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 52

File: Aztlan House Girl.jpg (284KB, 700x989px) Image search: [Google]
Aztlan House Girl.jpg
284KB, 700x989px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to HomeNode...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53917229
>House_Hunters_Neo_Tokyo.trid
>New_Wallpaper.sim
>One_Less_Mosquito.mgc
>Bus_Routes.mpsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 223 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You've got a truck, right?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hunky_Repairman.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever give interior decorating advice to a dragon

Tell me about houses. But not your house; that's so 2076. Tell me about the homes you've been to in your games; your paramour's loveshack, your mark's high-rise apartment, your contact's squat, your draconic overlord's lair. What are they like? What pets do they live with, how are the kids' rooms decorated, what trid subscriptions do they have? What choices do they make about how they've living when they don't have to worry about their shadowrunning career bringing it all down around their ears?
>>
>>53958222
>One_Less_Mosquito.mgc
I need this spell. Can it be made to work on bug spirits too?
>>
Stone furniture looks uncomfortable.
>>
>>53958277
That's what blankets, furs, and pillows are for.
>>
File: Cat and Kitten.jpg (69KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
Cat and Kitten.jpg
69KB, 600x717px
>>53958299
And the cats. Don't forget them, they're very cuddly.
>>
>>53958352
As long as you have airconditioning, yep.
>>
>>53958222
>Cats just sitting there chilling, when there's birds outside the window.

Nope.
>>
>>53958432
They're probably realistic featured robopets, or awakened or some shit.
>>
File: Nope.gif (899KB, 158x129px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.gif
899KB, 158x129px
>>53958269
>mosquito insect spirits
>>
>>53958555
>>
File: prof_o'blivian.jpg (51KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
prof_o'blivian.jpg
51KB, 500x256px
Hey chummers, I'm planning on having my runners get contacted by a Mr. Johnson who's secretly representing a cult organization that follows the teachings of a pre-Awakening televangelist on a bunch of VHS tapes. The job is to steal a small library of VHS tapes containing more footage of the cult's leader, but I'm having trouble determining exactly how much information there is on VHS tapes and how easy it would be to find devices capable of playing them in case the runners actually want to try to find out what these tapes are and what's on them. Would it be common knowledge what VHS tapes are in the 21st century, or is it more likely that only experts on the subject of pre-Awakening media would be aware of them? How rare might VHS players be?
>>
>>53958871
It's like 100 year old tech at this point, right?
>>
File: 41dNVsxu-RL.jpg (17KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
41dNVsxu-RL.jpg
17KB, 400x235px
>>53958871
>>53958927
Break into a tech museum, steal a DVD/VCR combo. Have the players roll knowledge technology/history to not accidentally steal a VHS tape rewinder.
>>
>>53958871
Do you know what daguerrotypes are? If not, did you do a google search to find out?

That's about how hard it would be to learn more about the topic.
>>
>>53958927

For a game set in 2075, it's roughly 100 years after the invention of VHS, but VHS only got phased out in the mid 2000's, roughly 20 years before the Awakening. Some seniors would probably remember VHS, but it's hard to estimate how available the technology still is.
>>
>>53958871

Well, practical limitations of the physical format mean that at their normal quality a VHS tape holds between 3-5 hours of data usually, depending on if they're PAL or NTSC. Longplay can make that much longer but the quality is shittier.

According to wikipedia, the last known company IRL to produce VHS equipment was the Japanese Funai company in 2016. But there seem to still occasionally be productions and sales of materials on VHS up to and even past that point.

Not 100% certain on SR tech, but depending on if you want to fudge the history any, it's possible that analog materials could occasionally be kept for nostalgia or hipsterism - like with Vinyl now, that's a medium which is from the late 1800s. Libraries, universities and other repositories of knowledge could have tapes and hopefully some way to read the magnetic strip. Some people could be crazy enough to want to store data in analog formats (reminded of a Ghost In the Shell episode where a contact of the Major keeps all his shit on ancient floppies to people can't steal them).

As for common knowledge, what >>53958993 said. Assuming they aren't part of a scene which understands them, future-googling "VHS" can't be too hard.
>>
>>53958871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiiJKfsNxz0
I see what you're doing there.
>>
I'm imposing a -4 to social limit if you're wearing Sleeping Tiger from now on. -4 for hangers, -6 for socialites to represent how everyone hates it.
>>
>>53959170
Great.

Outside your head canon, not everyone hates it. Some circles like it, corp and non-corp, particularly corp trog risers.
>>
>>53959382
It looks like absolute trash and it is immersion breaking to think that it could possibly look fashionable.
>>
>>53959626
Fashion looks like trash. The parts that aren't trash are boring.
>>
>>53959746
Don't try to act like stylish suits are the same as Sleeping Tiger.
>>
>>53959764
You're right. Suits aren't trash, suits are boring.
>>
Oh boy it's time for SRG's favorite meme!!!
>>
>>53959851
Fuck off with your Sleeping Tiger apologism.
>>
>>53959065
>Vinyl now, that's a medium which is from the late 1800s.
You're thinking of Shellac discs, which are the direct predecessor to vinyl.
>>
>>53958352

Why is kitty mortality rate so high?
>>
>>53959764
I'm sure some stupid rich fuck wearing a WWII Japanese fighter pilot's outfit has very strong opinions on an outfit the book doesn't actually describe as being outrageous.
>>
Our runner group is all roomies in a house with luxury comforts, necessities and entertainment, it has ultramodern, What kind of shit do we have? Are we beta testing Ybox 360000s for MacroHard?
>>
>>53959764
Hell Heritage is bunch of Tradional Garbs smashes with Fashion Clothing and its selling like crazy
But people here are still hating the Sleeping Tiger on basis description from 3e. Even though the line was just brought back and fresh from R&D
>>
>>53960615
>Even though the line was just brought back and fresh from R&D
Because the R&D change amounts to "we put RPC in it instead of colour changing fibres!", and there's no fucking description of what it looks like in the last two editions.
>>
>>53959065
>future-googling "VHS" can't be too hard
After two matrix crashes and constant aggressive corporate pushes to support tech that's new and actually makes money, it really can.
>>
>>53958222
Hey guys, I've got a bit of an odd question but I figured this would be a good place to start asking:

A friend of mine suffers from extreme dyslexia and has a hard time reading. He loves the Shadowrun fluff and has been trying and straining for literally years trying to read some of the novels.

Anyhoo, I've managed to get my hands on a copy of the next book he wanted to read ('Changeling') and I was wondering if anyone knew of what might be involved in trying to fan-make an audio book for private use?

I know it's a bit of an off-kilter question for /tg/, but I thought I might as here before trying out maybe /lit/ or something.
>>
>>53961031
The easiest way would be to feed the text through a text-to-speech program. That'd sound kind of shit, though.
>>
>>53961031
I do a lot of voice overs for videos.

It would take hours upon hours upon hours of reading and re-reading the text as you inevitably fuck it up several times.

And probably a similar mount of hours to go through and cut out those verbal fuck ups.

Generally, I find it takes me a total of an hour or so to record about 5 pages of text, after accounting for re-recording and editing out my fuckups.

As >>53961052 said, the easiest solution is Text-to-Speech. Recording it yourself (especially if you've got a nice speaking voice) will be better by leaps and bounds, but it'll take a ridiculous amount of time.
>>
Hey, whenever somebody brings up 1e, people always say that the 1e matrix rules don't work for some reason. Are they actually broken?
>>
>>53960386
it isn't uncommon for cat's first litters to be only 1 or 2 kittens
>>
>>53958432
They are going to play angry birds on the girl's tab.
>>
>>53961385
They require the GM to literally spend over an hour with a single player (Decker) while the rest can sit around doing nothing.
>>
>>53962269
Sounds pretty normal for SR decking rules. Or RPG decking rules in general. Somebody was trying to tell me SR1's decking is better than CP2020's netrunning, and I'm trying to get an idea of whether or not that's true.
>>
>>53962349
>>53962269
I solved this by setting up a game of Mastermind with the decker, and when it was his turn during combat, he would play his color choices; if he wanted to roll a skill check, I would give him better hints on what was right/wrong/close. It kept him feeling the pressure of a hacking time, while the others didn't get ignored.
>>
>>53962269
>>53962349
>>53962360
Personally I just speedrun it, Or do it all seperately from the normal game. Make it really feel like its happening in real time. Call for a couple rolls and then say how it goes, Or just have them achieve all their goals 'instantly' as it would be in real time, Because you already did all the rolls and stuff another time.
>>
when will armored school uniforms come into vogue
>>
>>53962742
start a few school shootings
I'm pretty sure that eventually they either will increase the security, invest in armoured school clothes or both
>>
>>53962742
When megacorps give a fuck about public education.
>>
>>53962742
I will take what is armored cloathing for 500, Bob.
>>
>>53962742
Now I want to run a street scum game where the runners are a group of school kids with overactive imaginations
>>
>>53963410
That sounds neat. Would headware be considered cheating on tests, though?
>>
>>53963432
Cerebral boosters and the like, no. An implanted comlink, yes.
>>
>>53963410
I ran a campaign where the PCs were all in high school.

Several events:
>played two runner groups off each other selling a lost extraction item
>one of them was initiated into a road gang
>attending the homecoming dance
>one hiding that he'd been bitten by a ghoul and trying to find surreptitious medical assistance for it
>rescuing one PC's sister kidnapped by runners in a case of mistaken identity
>investigated missing dogs leading to an insect spirit hive
>>
Funny story time

> be me
> be playing shadowrun for the first time **okay, second time. well, first character ever, second session ever... you get the point**
> Be a dwarf rigger with the alias Urist... because memes
> Mission goes better than planned. Spend the whole time that the rest of the party is scoping out the lower sections of the high security facility with one eye on the security cameras whilst i carry top secret bio samples up to the bar fridge in my van.
> Turns out the facility is running tests on a Roc in an attempt to harness its resistance abilities
> Relay new information to Mr Johnson with an inquiry as to how she would like us to proceed...
> Promptly asks us to waste the facility (luckily it's in the barrens)
> Send the orc street samurai the buildings floor plan so he can ask one of his contacts /theoretically/ how one would best demolish the building with Level 15 foam explosives
> Realise the building still has ~40 civilians/lab technicians inside
> Don't want that much blood on my hands so i check the fire escape plans and use the security system to give everybody in the building a warning that they have [recommended fire escape time]/2 to exit the building before it goes kablam with a not so subtle warning that any attempts to try to recover or save samples or data will result in a premature ignition.
> Hightail it out of there as the building collapses.

> unsurprisingly the authorities notice and check everybody's SINs as they leave the barrens. Still have my (single) edge point and instantly tell GM that i'm rolling with edge. Critically glitch the check on a quality 4 sin WITH EDGE.
> GM asks me to hand over my character sheet
> ohshit... it's character reroll time.
>>
File: Jontron sweat gif.gif (267KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Jontron sweat gif.gif
267KB, 320x180px
>>53963778
Continued

> OFFICER 1: Sir, there appears to be an issue with your SIN, would you mind stepping out of the vehicle?
> URIST: Sir, i assure you i have all the necessary paperwork right here... *hands over credstick loaded with 2k*
> MRW succeed whichever charisma based check the GM had me roll
> OFFICER 1: Everything seems to be in order sir, have a nice day

> realise i essentially traded a 2k bribe for an extra point of Karma in reward for a combination of good rollplaying and dice rolling

I'm starting to see why people talk so highly of shadowrun and i'm kicking myself for not playing it years ago.

In other news, the dedicated hacker we expected to have in our group is no longer able to come to sessions. How do i best initiate "script kiddie" mode to cover for his absence, whilst continuing to play the rigger character that i had planned?
(SR4e. Currently have very high software, mechanic, and electronics skills. Have a software suite, Data Havens 11 knowledge skill, and Data Havens Network contact with Connection 3, Loyalty 2, Size 2... no points at all put into hacking skill. I can literally write my own programs during downtime or rely on finding the programs on the DH network as long as i never actually have to rely on the hacking skill.)
>>
>>53963802
The cheapest way to get the equipment is usually the ghetto commdeck hybrid. Some people were discussing it higher up or in the last thread. As for the skills, I think you're kinda SoL.
>>
>>53963868
>ghetto commdeck hybrid
chummer, he's playing 4e
>>
>>53959382
>particularly corp trog risers.

OrkCEO specifically calls out how professional orcs and trolls hate it because it's a retarded stereotype made by humans. The people who wear Sleeping Tiger are the equivalent of Kevin Federline playing at being a street nigga.
>>
GMs, what's the stupidest thing you've ever gotten an idea for a run from? I just got an idea for one from, I shit you not, Mystic Messenger.
>>
>>53964004
Browsing the Fallout 4 mod page and seeing one that replaced the brown shitty Boston with a nice spring.
>>
>>53963894
Oh shit I'm illiterate. I can't help you but at least it means that it's less of a stupid idea.
>>
>>53960925
No, not really. The Library of Congress survived both crashes and was back on the net both times. Considering that in universe people still watch 'flat-vid' movies from the VHS age, it's actually kind of silly that anyone would consider videotapes some kind of lostech. I mean, it's not like you don't know the older computers ran off punch cards, and that was before the internet existed to document it.
>>
>>53964004
Please tell us about the mystic messenger run
>>
File: IMG_0854.jpg (22KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0854.jpg
22KB, 259x194px
The line from the Simpsons about how Milhouse's dad sunk the number 1 cracker company in town into a 3 way tie for 6th.

It was kind of a throwaway detail that my players latched onto and now we're pivoting into the Cracker Wars.
>>
File: Sleeping_Tiger[1].jpg (47KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping_Tiger[1].jpg
47KB, 350x304px
>>53963953
Sticking with pic related until there's a page number, omae.
>>
>>53964184
>people still watch 'flat-vid' movies from the VHS age
They don't. They watch modern remakes. No Predator, instead they have Manhunt. Etc.
>>
>>53964328
Meant to reply to this one.
>>53964004
>>
>>53964361
They do though, not every movie gets remakes. Think 'shit on the public grid', not 'Horizon milking the cash cow'.

Old PBS reruns omae.
>>
>>53964397
lol, how many reruns does PBS actually run of movies from the 40s though?

just because the number is non 0, doesn't mean it's not practically 0
>>
>>53964397
Then show it.
>>
>>53964527
I can't 'show' it because it was on the Neo Anarchy podcast everyone here plugs.

Is it a good source of lore or not?
>>
File: Babylon Rocker.jpg (268KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
Babylon Rocker.jpg
268KB, 670x503px
>>53964397
Not that anon, but the fact that people today still watch Oliver Stone's JFK doesn't mean they have 8mm film projectors at home or know anything about them. Technology changes a lot more quickly than the media it shows. You can still buy Chaplin films, doesn't mean a hand-cranked camera is something people would even recognize. The odds that VHS (a format that existed for about 30 years, 100 years before SR) is recognizable as anything other than vague hints that it's a very dead storage medium are very long.

>>53964551
Can you cite an episode? Opti pulls from tons of books, from every edition, and deals with the inconsistencies by coming up with his own canon answers where none exist.
>>
>>53964574
Fuck no, I was in the middle of binging. It was the one where he was talking about enjoying the old flatvid film noire movies.

Ironically, movies from around 1940.

And it doesn't matter if it's something the average person would recognize. The original point was that it was easily searchable in the net. Which it would be simply due to western culture and classical entertainment.
>>
File: phoenix-sweating(a).gif (56KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix-sweating(a).gif
56KB, 256x192px
>>53964004
Apparently my character is going to go and attempt to heist the soda equivalent of Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory in short time, due to a running gag of him only drinking SODA brand soda. GM said that he even made a modified version of 'Pure Imagination' for me.

My character has a mild phobia of dwarves, so I'm scared how the Ooompa Loompa knockoffs are going to be handled.
>>
>>53964643
Pixies
>>
>>53964633
See, to me this just makes it sound like he's pulling directly from Gibson, Stephenson, or whoever else has thrown old reruns into their dystopia. Great stuff for head canon.
>>
>>53964727
And given how many of Opti's personal details don't line up with canon (though I hear they put him into the vidya, so I don't know what he created for himself is now retroactive canon) I'd say it's way more likely to just be personal inventions.
>>
>>53954954
I also like the Az-Am war, in my game that I'm currently running the players are in Argentina in a three way civil war between a military coup, government loyalists, and moderate™ rebels.
It's only shortly after the Az-Am war but neither Amazonia or Aztlan can avoid meddling in the affairs on the doorstep of Amazonia, with Aztlan supporting the loyalists with materiel and "security consultants" and Amazonia totally not sending agents into Argentina to assist the rebels.
The players recently stole an APC for a Johnson of questionable nationality by finding a broken down APC, repairing it to working condition (although it had no working gun), then getting loyalist uniforms/ID tags, sneaking into the Buenos Ares dockyards where the loyalists were gearing up for a retreat into Uruguay and then stole a better APC and drove that to a safehouse, taking out an enemy helicopter, TOW-Humvee and another APC on the way.
>>
>>53964765
>I'd say it's way more likely to just be personal inventions.
Sounds as legit as standing in front of a Star Wars poster to talk about some donut steel idea for a sci-fantasy mono myth saga.
>>
>>53958222
What is life in Aztlan like?
>>
>>53965001
Like Mexico today except the blood of Christ is used very differently.
>>
>>53964982
Considering that the books usually reference obvious remakes of classic movies (and often say that they're remakes of flatvids) PBS anon sounds like he's full of shit.
>>
>>53965172
So it's still a shithole.
>>
>>53965182
Sounds like people have a working knowledge of flatvid and at least a cursory knowledge of what it was stored on to me.
>>
>>53965364
Complete with the Revenge, yeah. They've only spread it like a plague throughout all central America and the former US Southwest, because misery loves company.
>>
File: VHS City.gif (130KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
VHS City.gif
130KB, 500x333px
>>53965599
Working knowledge is giving them too much credit. Rather they are aware that they live in a derivative culture, with many movies being remakes of previous ones. They know that flatvids existed, but don't have a knowledge of what is on them beyond the most basic premise ["ll admit I loved Manhunt, that remake of the old flatvid with the alien hunting a bunch of mercenaries in the jungle."], which can easily be gleaned from the modern hype machine for the new movies.

And again, there is a huge difference between 'flatvid' and 'VHS'. Tapes are two decades dead and we're still in flatvid territory, but ask anyone in highschool or younger what 'be kind, please rewind' means. OP was asking if they are common knowledge (definitely not) and how rare VHS players would be (very rare).
>>
>>53958871
The tapes wouldn't work anymore. Too degraded.
>>
>>53966043
And the counter argument was that the flatvid derivatives of VHS/remakes are popular enough that you can wikiwander across VHS accidentally, or are almost assured to find one on a matrix search. Hipster elves especially would be posting about VHS and DVDs on their mefeed.
>>
>>53966582
Agreed. You'd want to be after old hard-drives with masters or DVD rips. Magnetic media just doesn't have the shelf-life you get with optical storage.
>>
>>53966043
>>53966582
IIRC, there's a part of either SR:R or Dragonfall where you have to find a flatvid player. VHS or DVD or something.
>>
>>53964781
Yeah, in mine there's the Cuban Nationalists, led by a recently leonized President for Life, the Metahumanist Movement, led by guys pissed off that Cuba still considers metas to be second class and that their president for life just extended his lifespan by another 60 years, and the Neo Communist party, who want to seize the means of production from all the megas and make them state owned and then kill all meta sapients because they hate Amazonia for "some reason."

The players were in Cuba because they were working for a rogue CIA agent that they busted out of prison. His name is Ivan, and he wants revenge on the guy who he believed set him up to get burned - another CIA agent named Nicholson. When they got there, a secretive group of mercenaries named the Boa Vista Burn Teams (who specialise in fire based weapons and collateral damage) show up and start killing people from all three factions indiscriminately. Both Nicholson and Ivan believed that the other hired the Burn Teams. Both of them were wrong, and are now working together to stop these guys.

I'd say more, but my players browse these threads sometimes, so I don't want to spoil anything for them. This campaign has been running for so long that my players have reached critical mass power levels, so I can truly throw anything I want at them and they'll be able to handle it without calling BS.
>>
File: 2014-07-01_00001[1].jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-01_00001[1].jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>53966643
>>
>>53966775
>2014
good times
>>
>>53965001
Fun, believe me, I've lived in Aztlan for my whole life and everywhere else sucks.
>>
>>53966803
You can go back. All the SRvidya are like $10 on Steam right now.
>>
>>53967391
I own dragonfall and dont have the money for any of the others.
Played em anyway.
>>
File: GURPS Fans.png (256KB, 451x571px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Fans.png
256KB, 451x571px
>>53967444
I mean that the whole set of them are $11 total, and it discounts out the ones you already own
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/532/Shadowrun_Complete_Collection/

Give in, you know you want them.
>>
>>53966648
Sadly my players also browse /srg/ so I can't say a ton more.
In mine the military are nationalists, trying to nationalize the corporations and are lead by national hero general Rodrigo Valencia, who became a hero by leading the campaign to retake the Falkland Islands from britain roughly 20-30 years ago. Rebels are a bunch of rag tag resistance fighters fighting for more corporate regulation and democratic representation, and the loyalists are just essentially a CC puppet government.
The coup happened as a forced election was being held after the current prime minister was forced to step down, with the military attempting a coup shortly before the election and the rebels capitalizing on the chaos to make their own grab at power.
>>
>>53964199
You know how the opening of the game is sketchy as fuck? All I could think was "if I didn't know this was a dating sim I'd assume I was going to be framed for murder." And then I realized that'd make a nice plot for a run. Prove the innocence of some kid who really shouldn't have listened to some sketchy chump who happens to text them.
>>
>>53964004
I watched somebody talking about Jason Vorhees and his impact on the world of horror so I made a run about the players stopping a chainsaw wielding madman who's been forced to become blasted off BTLs and only wants to kill people.
>>
>>53964004
Brainstorming about stupid jobs, we had an idea for breaking Mr. Johnson into his rival's corporate exectuive's highrise apartment in order to clog his toilet.
Then it got stupider. Turns out the rival is an avid follow of the shinto religion and his toilet has been pristinely cared for for 100 years and has an accompanying spirit. Which has now been desecrated and has become a toxic toilet spirit.
So now the runners have to kidnap Mr. Johnson and bring him back to the apartment to clean the toilet and appease the spirit.
>>
>>53968614
My favorite is the lawn sabotage job. So many different ways you can take it. Did that Anon ever tell us how it went?
>>
>>53968826
what is that? Just a pair of VR goggles with a camera in front?
>>
>>53964004
My whole campaign is based around a catastrophic case of miscommunication.
>>
>>53968923
Nothing functional, I think. It came out of a series of these sorts of images. I think somebody else posted the third one not long ago.
>>
We need more shadowrun games
>>
>>53970243
I've heard there's a few good fanmade expansions for them. Make your own.
>>
>>53970243
I would totally love a neo-XCOM like Shadowrun game where you play as a fixer/handler with a team of runners that you recruit, and you can choose what missions you want to do, negotiate prices, and stop some big conspiracy (or help it for monies)

Except, y'know, not as bullshit as the new XCOM games.
>>
>>53970548
Yell at Long War Studios, they seem to have a better handle on things than Firaxis.
>>
Is it wrong to throw robotcop, ED209, judge dredd, and tank police at my players?
>>
>>53970614
If they are badass enough, no.

My players can casually throw around 20+ dice at anything and almost all of them have 3+ INI dice, so I wouldn't feel bad about doing it.
>>
>>53970614
I mean, I've already thrown the first two at mine, so I don't think I can say no without being a hypocrite.
>>
>>53970493
I'm not talking about the gay videogames, I mean campaigns
>>
>>53970696
Then run one or shut up.
>>
>>53970722
I'm already running two other games though Anon
>>
>>53970696
>>53970722
There's always missions :^)
>>
>Pixies are valued in the seelie court
>the tirs are run by the seelie court
>pixies can't get SINs in the tirs
Fucking just give lore info straight you anuses stop presenting your whole fucking setting through a conspiracy theory lens
>>
>>53970742
...sure. I'll just assume you're telling the truth and move on.

>>53970752
Here. Take your salt and go. GO.
>>
>>53970757
Pixies deserve to suffer.
>>
>>53970742
Sounds like you really want to play, Anon. Then next time you reach a lull in the campaign, tell your players that one of them needs to GM a one shot or something. If no one steps up they don't deserve you.
>>
>>53970784
It's not that it's the LOL ITS JACKPOINT SO YOU CAN'T JUST TRUST WHAT IT SEZ gets retarded when they don't actually provide any CONCRETE FUCKING LORE
>>
>>53970757
Maybe it's valued in the same sense that a well-trained monkey is. Somewhat impressive but still not a real person.
>>
>>53970769
>lying about being a GM on the internet
Why would a human do that though?

>>53970801
I don't necessarily trust my players to GM to a satisfactory level, Anon.
>>
Jaguars are CUTE!
>>
File: 1495234540008.jpg (21KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1495234540008.jpg
21KB, 358x358px
>>53970769
>not believing that you could run into someone autistic enough to run two games
>>
>>53971017
It's true, those who lie about GMing are subhuman.

But you're assuredly a human because you passed the captcha, right?
>>
>>53971017
Sucks, Anon. Hope you find a game.
>>
So i'm making a face and I can't help but think i may have gone overboard. Have i gone too far?
>>
File: erix_OniChan7[1].jpg (109KB, 1075x1600px) Image search: [Google]
erix_OniChan7[1].jpg
109KB, 1075x1600px
Just read the Oni-metavariant description and wanted to make sure if this is how they look like ? Straight horns, blue, red or orange skin and protuberant eyes. I don't recall anything about their jaws though.
>>
>>53971904
>(Seduction)
>>
>>53971904
>Shadowrun
>Anything being "too far"
You're good, anon.
>>
>>53971954
>not using 32 dice first impression seduction to solve like half the problems that come up on the average run
>>
>>53970757
You don't give your cat voting rights, you know, no matter how pure its pedigree.
>>
>>53971904
Okay, how?
AFAIS, you probably took an elf with Exceptional Attribute(CHA) and possibly an adept with Improved Ability (Con)

What else?
>>
>>53972048
The main reason it's bugging me is it means I can't make a Tir pixie using life modules
>>
>>53972391
What a tragedy.
>>
File: Capture.png (443KB, 1055x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
443KB, 1055x1084px
Why do so many of the PDFs in the OP have missing parts of pages?
>>
>>53972391
People pass down riches to their dogs and cats even though neither have SNNs. Maybe your pixie can have a metahuman benefactor or guardian to takes care of their legal needs.
>>
Has anyone tried to make a Shadowrun Minjature Skirmish wargame? Maybe using the Infinity system?
>>
>>53972677
Catalyst cant even afford writers and editors. No way they could afford to cast models.
>>
>>53972283

Raven Mentor Spirit can give +2 con. A point of essence spent on bio or cyber can be potent, so tailored pheromones. Fashion armor.

Thats +7 right there.

>>53972391

Life Modules are shit
>>
>>53972752
>tailored pheromones
wait, what edition did you make it in?
because giving a bonus to dicepools is only in 4e, not 5e
>>
>>53972732
Look at what happened to Leviathans for an example of when they tried.
>>
File: Core Rulebook.png (66KB, 309x194px) Image search: [Google]
Core Rulebook.png
66KB, 309x194px
>>53972816
>>
>>53973000
Huh, I remember it always being said that it only increases the limit.
Guess that range thing is why Chummer doesn't track it
>>
File: weird thing.png (90KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
weird thing.png
90KB, 1360x768px
Okay, this is weird
Just downloaded the latest chummer to play with it and noticed something strange
If you make a new character (elf, Karma) and try to improve their stats they use the higher Value of base and Karma field
So you can't get higher than 5 in CHA with an elf
>>
>>53973216
in fact this happens with every metatype, even with Priority
>>
>>53972732
I don't mean through Catalyst, but just as a hobby project with friends?
>>
>>53972599
They work for me, seems like an issue with your reader
>>
>>53973518
Yeah, I checked it with a different reader, Firefox's built-in one just sucks ass on pages with the tables for some reason.
>>
File: 1470401389673.jpg (39KB, 416x807px) Image search: [Google]
1470401389673.jpg
39KB, 416x807px
>>53972599
Try using a different PDF reader. I had that issue at first, but it fixed itself after I did that.
>>
File: stats_colored.png (72KB, 1346x757px) Image search: [Google]
stats_colored.png
72KB, 1346x757px
>>53968826
Oh fuck that was my run. Give me a few minutes to type it out.
>>
Question: What is Form-Fitting Body Armor actually meant to be used for? Sure it can be worn underneath clothing and other armors but it doesnt give a bonus to your existing armor. And its "concealed" as a selling point but only until you remove the clothing and armor on top of it. Better armor is available for half the price, at least the ugly stuff you dont wear in polite company. And even for the missions where you are schmoozing it up among some social elites, there are a dozen armored suits that do the job of FFBA, either at a fraction of the cost or at double the efficiency.

Is there a single scenario where this piece of gear would have any realistic application?
>>
>>53974715
Generally for those situations when you need to wear a disguise, but actual body armor isn't concealable and armored suits/high fashion shit is conspicuous. You know, like when you're impersonating a delivery or repair guy?
>>
>>53974762
honestly why would any runners ever wear proper-strong armor when armored tuxedos are just as effective, plus are capable of doubling as disguises?
>>
>>53974787
Because standing out and not looking like a runner will get you tracked down and fragged chummer.
>>
>>53973216
Yeah, I broke it trying to fix another thing. Will be sorted in a couple of hours.
>>
>>53974762
Even an armored vest provides more armor, is 800 nuyen cheaper, is half the availability, and can also be worn inconspicuously under clothing.
>>
>>53974715
Flavor
>>
File: 282c725da888948c0dfe5befc349c1aa.jpg (610KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
282c725da888948c0dfe5befc349c1aa.jpg
610KB, 1920x1200px
>>53974968
I guess that is fair.
>>
File: 1489923882254.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1489923882254.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
What's a cool city to introduce my group to Shadowrun with? Will be my first time actually running it, but I've read a lot of the books over the years.
>>
File: 1410212504374.jpg (52KB, 736x702px) Image search: [Google]
1410212504374.jpg
52KB, 736x702px
>>53975373

I've heard Seattle is popular.
>>
>>53975373
Feral Cities' Lagos.
>>
I'd climb the Eiger.
>>
>>53976343
She'd climb you right back for saying it. With her fists.
>>
>>53976343
I want Eiger to set up a firing position in front of my house so that she can assassinate me when I get home from work.
>>
>>53963802
The "best thing" to do to replace a dedicated hacker is to hire an NPC decker/hacker, and have the GM run it.

A) They'll probably be happy to have a character "in the party"
B) It won't be general DMPC nonsense.

Alternatively, you could just take jobs that don't require a strong matrix presence. Such as simple thuggery in the barrens, or personnel extraction with a stealth and physical approach, and just sidestep the digital.

In terms of Defensive Hacking, just get equipment with a high Firewall stat, or load your commlinks with ICE and let them run in the background.

Not having a dedicated hacker won't be problem unless you pick your missions in a way that makes it a problem
>>
>>53976343
I want to hold hands with Eiger.
>>
>>53977280
Eiger is pure you fucking pervert, delete this.
>>
>>53977326
Exactly. I want to corrupt her into doing despicable acts like cuddling after a long run.
>>
How do I make a sneaking suit? Start with a Catsuit or the Chameleon suit? Is it just better to put ruthenium polymer on a piece of high fashion armor like Sleeping Tiger?
>>
>>53970614
>robotcop

No trademarks were hurt in the making of this post
>>
>>53977652
Robotcop! A completely original concept!
>>
>>53972026
>Victory through premptive dickings

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter
>>
>>53970614
Judge Dredd is a tricky one to pull off, because the character is about having no limits on his authority, and shadowrunning only works because of weird jurisdictions.

I tried something like that, ended up with Sheriff Murphy, a combination of Wyatt Earp and Murtaugh who worked for Lone Star (back when they had jurisdiction on Seattle) who had enough contacts on other security forces to let him pull off some hot pursuit shenanigans. Worked pretty well, though the shock factor of someone walking right over that line and slapping cuffs on the leering sammy only works a couple of times.
>>
>>53977547
To be real, just get full combat armor with Ruth poly. It'll protect you a lot as well in case you fuck up.
>>
>>53977547
Sleeping tiger already has ruthenium in it, what you'd need is a custom ballistic mask (and I suppose technically gloves - but the system doesn't cover that) with weave to go with it and you could go invisible, as otherwise you'd be a floating head (which actually still give you a bonus, just not as much of one)..
>>
>>53978345
Considering ruthenium is forbidden, most people accept that it's just electrochromatic.

And it should bump Sleeping Tiger up into the five digit pricerange if it actually had rpc.
>>
>>53975373
Seattle is the most popular and has boatloads more documentation than anything else. Good choice if you're not big on world building because there's already so much made to go with it.

Second would probably be Denver. If you read German, a lot of the krauts play local. Lots of info on basically anywhere in Germany and neighbors. Beyond that, I for one, am fond of Miami.
>>
>>53975017
My shadowrunners 'Work' outfit is a bodysuit and a greatcoat, I didn't even realize I was copying.
>>
>>53975373
The neo new tokyo dome.
Fuck all of you, we domes now. Or multi-layered cities.
>>
what the hell is omegaware and what 5e book is it in?
>>
>>53974715
Get it modded with 5 ranks of nonconductivity. You now have near-immunity to tasers regardless of the armour/clothes you wear above it. The same mods don't stack, but this frees your visible armour to spend capacity on something else.

Short version, you should almost always be wearing form fitting body armour underneath your main equipment.
>>
>>53978417
>Considering ruthenium is forbidden
There are a number of Restricted or legal items that contain Forbidden mods. Accept it works something like licensing in America today - ie; it's politically driven nonsense, where an item can be legal until you make certain changes (not even the most dangerous ones, sometimes), and then law enforcement will book you for it.
>>
>>53979313
Shitty ware, Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>53958871
Really cool idea for a run, imma steal it.

Any one have any others?
>>
>>53979563
I have found it

My god it's shitty, even adepts would be better off taking standard used gear rather than omegaware
>>
>>53979728
That's a big statement for something that's essentially "figure it out with your GM".
>>
>>53970576
Lol.
>>
>>53979762
Anything that falls under the banner of "Let your GM figure out how to punish you for your bad decision" Tends to be an extremely risky venture.

I understand that RPGs are a a cooperative game between players and GMs, but this is the book actively telling GMs to punish players for choosing this gear
>>
>>53958871
Well, the current game is set about 50 years in the future from now, AKA maybe 60 or maybe even closer to 70 years since VHS tapes were relevant.

So, I would ask you if you or anyone you know is aware of how to use a Mimeograph? Do you even know what that is offhand? If the answer is no, which it would be with most everyone, then the answer to your question should be that it would be very unusual if your runners had ever even heard of VHS, and even more amazing if they knew what it did, and even more amazing than that if they had any useful information passed that.
>>
>>53979786
>Well, the current game is set about 50 years in the future from now
The current setting is 1980 + just shy of 100 years.
>>
>>53979719
For something similar-ish, you could try Shadowrun-ing the Media Junkie series of CP2020 adventures from Ianus Games. Basically, ten adventures loosely based off classic movies with some sort of twist so people who have seen the movies can't guess the plot of the whole adventure. Framing devices is that some movie connoisseur wants original film reels of these ten movies, and will pay handsomely for them. Your characters get drawn into the movie plot when they go looking for them.
>>
>>53979838
VHS were relevant up until the 90s, maybe early 00s
>>
>>53980619
I owned a VCR until 2005, just as an example, but apart from XXX shops it was tough to find VHS tapes for sale post-1997.
>>
>>53980619
See >>53966775. 50-60 years forward from a *parallel timeline that isn't our 1980s, let alone our 2000s*,

DVDs are virtually unknown unless you're a tech history buff, and can only be found with the aid of antique dealers.

VHS is the deadest it can be in the sixth world.
>>
>>53980739
I don't know if we can rightly take game lore to be setting-lore though, Anon.
>>
>>53980759
That's your dealio, if you think they got anything wrong. Short of digging through decades of books, which I'm not going to do, it's the best answer available.

Point remains; Sixth World diverges from ours a long time ago. It doesn't share the same now, does fuck with updated Matrix media twice on a global scale, does fuck with stored media through multiple destabilisation events like VITAS/Nights Of Rage, etc ... and you're looking a long way into the future for something that's way more out of date, with a shorter shelf life, than DVDs.
>>
>>53980837
Didn't they still have floppy-like things in the 2050s?
>>
>>53980862
Optical Memory Chips might look vaguely similar (2cm*3cm*1cm disks), but they're nothing alike.
>>
>>53980988
>decide to go looking for stuff on SR1's hard storage media
>find this in Virtual Realities
>"Deckers without any sense of style rely on decks purchased through a fixer, or god forbid, off the shelf. [...] Should he decide to walk the path of a true technomancer, the following sections on cyberdeck construction are for him."
This is more amusing than it should be.
>>
>>53981028
Style over substance.
Back then more important of a rule than now.
>>
>>53981054
That wasn't the amusing bit.
>Should he decide to walk the path of a true technomancer
>a true technomancer
Looking back from now, this has a whole different meaning.
>>
How much do you focus on your PCs personal plots over that of a main game plot when you GM? Have you run any fun mini-sessions for individual players?
>>
File: Babylon-5-Data-Crystal-21.jpg (45KB, 575x515px) Image search: [Google]
Babylon-5-Data-Crystal-21.jpg
45KB, 575x515px
>>53980862
>year of our draconic overlords 2077
>still no Babylon 5-style data crystals for storage
Step up your fucking game, Evo.
>>
>party comp is almost exclusively metasapients (pixie sniper/hitman, Sasquatch street sammy, canine shapeshifter face, naga mage, and gnome decker)
Now obviously they're going to be running mainly for evo and horizon but what the fuck kind of run should they deal with? A fucking traveling circus doesn't exactly lend itself to stealth.
>>
>>53981105
Whenever my character isn't actively on a run she is dealing with personal plots. My GM even sets aside the occasional side session for me which is really cool.
>>
>>53981946
Wetwork, sabotage, kidnapping, theft, and intimidation. Essentially any run where they don't have to communicate with others, or their wierdness is a bonus.
>>
So what happens if a Shapeshifter gets dat hmhvv? Howling Shadows has guidelines for every other sapient species being infected.
>>
File: 1496957869263.jpg (129KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496957869263.jpg
129KB, 642x960px
>>53982104
HMHVV isn't zoonotic, it only affects metahumans. Since shifters are magic ponies that learned how to make their bodies look like metahumans rather than the reverse, it doesn't cross over.
>>
>>53982189
Except it also affects Sasquatches and Centaurs and Naga and Merrow?
>>
>>53982189

Yeah, it's an important thing people often forget with shifters. They are not metahumans, despite the look. Less 'Swan Princess' and more 'Sun Wukong'.

I had a Shifter end up going hand to hand with a Ghoul once because it was blocking the only way out and the cyberninja was human and thus risking infection.

In other news: Decontamination via flamethrower isn't fun, even if you do regenerate non-magical damage.
>>
>>53982224

I think part of it is the Regeneration factor. Shifters are innate shapechangers and regenerators. A mutagenic disease has a damn lot to fight through to get through to them.

You might be able to get one infected with powerful immunosuppressants, spells and lab work but it's not going to happen naturally.
>>
>>53970548
Invisible Inc?
>>
>>53982224
Sasquatches are considered metahuman as far as infection is concerned. I'm not aware of any canon instances of infected naga, merrow or centaurs aside from the homebrewed dullahan.
>>
>>53982317

Dullahan? Never saw that homebrew.

I've used a Dullahan as a contact in a game before. She was a free spirit employed by Docwagon, as High-Priority Security. Someone who can take anti-tank weapons to the face and be right as rain in under a month is valuable when you need to tangle with the sort of people trying to finish off High-Value Customers.
>>
>>53981946
>A fucking traveling circus doesn't exactly lend itself to stealth.
Dogs are common AF. Naga are common AF as security paracritters. Pixies are stealthy AF. That leaves the sasquatch and gnome, and they should be able to figure something out.
>>
>>53982224
As a virus that operates on the principle of, "Fuck you, it's magic", HMHVV can jump species gaps, but it actually has to do so first.
>>
>>53982317
Stats for Lamias Chirons and vampire merrow (name is complicated and dumb) are in Howling Shadows.
>>
>>53975373
I'm a really big fan of Hong Kong. Dubai's also pretty good. You could also just go the whole nine and make up a city on some artificial island somewhere.
>>
File: 243858751_1280.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
243858751_1280.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>53982224
Oh, nevermind. The chiron, lamia and Nibiinabe. Fucking Howling Shadows. Awful book.

Okay, so. HMHVV tends to introduce a bit of body horror and attempt to use the host's capabilities to increase its ability to spread; something about transforming into a third form, or fucking about with how one or both of their forms work. Something like Anubis heads, parts of each form carry over to the other?
>>
>>53982347
It's not super great: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/4ykfcj/dullahans_fan_made_infected_variant/
>>
File: Fuck No.png (46KB, 232x301px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck No.png
46KB, 232x301px
>>53982725
>muh magic shadow scythe
>>
>>53983048
>>53982725

Why a Scythe? The Dullahan Myth is a WHIP not a Scythe. It also kills by calling out the person's name.

If you wanted to be fluffy, you could give them a variant of One Less where they can apply to anyone, as long as they know the person's real name.
>>
>>53983048
Reddits gonna reddit. I don't really get why they went with sexy party horse in Howling Shadows though.
>>53983131
It's from Durarara!!
>>
>>53983183
>I don't really get why they went with sexy party horse in Howling Shadows though.

At least it sorta makes sense, in relation to wendigos as a creature that manipulates others to eat them. The dullahan is some high fantasy bullshit with magic bullshit falling out it's ass, and it comes apart into three pieces for some reason (what, does the torso just crawl around?)
>>
>>53979490
Or, Occam's Razo, the simplest explanation is the best: CGL fucked up. Again.
>>
>>53979786
Mimeograph was a predecessor to the xerox machine wasn't it? Like a rolling printing press or something?

Google says it was. And Lord knows Agents are better at googling shit than any mere human like me.
>>
>>53983478
Except for Sleeping Tiger, I can only think of firearms which come with integrated suppressors, which would be Forbidden if you wanted to attach one yourself.
>>
>>53983564
Yeah, but Ruthenium is singled out in the fluff as being super ultimate illegal because of what happened to that kid.
>>
>>53958222
Is that a fucking mudkip?
>>
>>53983621
Do u liek it?
>>
>>53983585
Zoe Second Skin also have RPC
should we just start a list with all the gear that is legal but have restricted or forbidden things on it ?
>>
>>53983636
Why not? It's always good to have a catalogue of CGL's fuckups. It's also in the same book as Sleeping Tiger, so don't you think it's the same group making the same mistake?
>>
>>53983683
There's also the Ares Polar Sneak Suit with ruthenium in it. Just weird how it's illegal to mod in RPC on your own. Do the restricted versions have some limitations hardwired in or something?
>>
>>53983683
Or you may consider that corps will be corps and what is restricted for general use is available in their own products legally if they so chose to be
>>
>>53983728
Possible, but it's still more likely that the people working on Chrome Flesh maintained that sterling CGL Quality,
>>
>>53983757
Firs its from Run&Gun
Second examples are also in other books starting with Ingram Smargun X
So its not anything new
Third it have still not been errated
>>
File: Axolotl-6.jpg (175KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Axolotl-6.jpg
175KB, 1200x900px
>>53983621
It's an Axolotl. They're aquatic salamanders native to Mexico and kept as pets.
>>
>>53984091
Semi-aquatic, aren't they?
>>
Hey /srg/, a while back there was this really neat fan book that was made to fluff out the SINs and what they do. I thought that was awesome. Are there any other fan books that offer some comprehensive stuff like that?
>>
File: unoriginal_sin.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
unoriginal_sin.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>53984261
>>
File: 1468289540781.jpg (312KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468289540781.jpg
312KB, 368x500px
>>53984261
Not quite what you want, but here's a quickguide for corporate threat response.
filedropper/sr5-guidetocorporatesecurity
>>
>>53983621
>>53984091
It's an ALBINO axolotl. Normally they're mud brown, but the albino ones do better in the pet trade cuz they're cute. (They'll probably be the only ones left in a few generations, given how axolotls are almost extinct in the wild.)
>>
Having an argument
If device is running wireless of would an icon still be presented in the matrix ?
And can you point me towards a source?
>>
>>53985474
From the "running Silent" description in SR5 core:

>If you’re trying to find an icon that’s running silent (or if you’re running silent and someone’s looking for you), the first thing you need to do is have some idea that a hidden icon is out there.

So, yes, there is still an Icon present in the Matrix, but it is invisible.
>>
>>53985549
not silent but wireless off
>>
>>53985571

"If I'm not connected to the matrix, am I still in the Matrix?"
>>
>>53985704
according to the gm
yes you are
and even if your turn your wireless off there are tags on all your item
and if you remove your tags your item becomes forbidden
>>
>>53985783

Your RFID tags will still be visible in AR even if the device itself is running isn't running wireless. And yes if you remove all your RFID tags and keep your commlink hidden you will look suspicious and law enforcement might stop you for questioning
>>
>>53985783
>>53985942

God invented Faraday bags for a reason.
>>
>>53985783
>>53985942
Wait, what? So unless you illegally modify your guns, anybody with AR can see that you're packing heat at a glance? That seems like it would make smuggling weapons into even the most insecure of places a whole lot harder (or at least require significant forethought).
>>
>>53987069
That's why you illegally modify your guns.
>>
>>53987069
You don't have to remove the tag, just edit it to look like the tag on a lighter or NERPS package.
>>
>>53987093
Seems like that makes concealed carry licenses pointless. If it's legal but concealed, everyone can see it anyway since it's on the Matrix.

>>53987121
But doesn't that require a decker to gain marks on the tag?
>>
>>53987285
Your runner team doesn't have a decker?
>>
>>53987311
Decker can slave cyberdeck ratings*3 devices
so you can slave around 12 devices
And by book everything is device even your pants so no way of keeping everything slaved.
Welcome to not shadowrunning society falling apart because even with decker you will be discovered by the security spider in about a second.
Because by gm words everything is always connect to the matrix so even with wireless off your icons still can be seen.
>>
>>53987069

Or you know, you erase the tag and make sure that the cops don't check you for illegal firearms.
And I'm sure if you have a concealed carry license you will have an easy time explaining to the cops why you're carrying a weapon that isn't displayed.
>>
Whats the best edition to start with if me and my group are looking to get into it for the first time?
>>
>>53987719
Go into the OP Pastebin
Download the document named "GM Advice"
READ IT
>>
>>53987738
On it thanks.
>>
anyone runing a game?
>>
>>53988026
Yes.
>>
>>53988026
Running another oneshot tomorrow for some friends.
>>
>>53987738
So 1 through 3 is retro gaming 4 is more high techy high power level and 5th is the newest and most popular and lower power level. That's all we got. Is there anything that really splits hairs and gets edition wars going or is 5th just pretty much all around better. It mentioned 5th changed the matrix. What are the difference or is it a "You have to play both editions to really understand"
>>
>>53988198
>Is there anything that really splits hairs and gets edition wars going
yes, see
>>53987719
>Whats the best edition to start with
>>
>>53988198

Well basically the largest complaint in 4th edition was Matrix (which seemed to be mostly fans of the previous games).
They changed Matrix and made the game more lethal in 5th. But its a mess.
>>
>>53988198
>That's all we got. Is there anything that really splits hairs and gets edition wars going or is 5th just pretty much all around better.

Almost everything involving the Matrix can be a deal-breaker for a lot of people. Every edition's Matrix rules are awful in their own way, which leads to a lot of arguments about which ones are the least awful. The wireless bonuses in 5e are almost universally regarded to be terrible, since they essentially make augmented characters useless whenever there's a Matrix specialist working for the enemy. Speaking of augs, they're almost prohibitively expensive in 5e. This is said to be done in the name of making character advancement possible, but augs are still so expensive without any change to how augmentation surgery works (in fact, nanotech being dialed back means that augmentation surgery is even harder) that it's completely unfeasible for a character to be out of commission for weeks at a time so they can slowly become equivalently-powerful to an SR4 character who just finished chargen.
>>
>>53989132
I play a Decker in 5e and can cofrim, decking is fucking awfull.

Don't get me wrong the basic idea behind decking in general is awesome and should be embraced, but the execution of it is hamfisted and un-intuitive. Basically: pounced as a tiger, landed as a rug.

The "fix" was getting a "hand of god" arm, an automatic pistol, a radar sensor and an agent rating 6 to do the hacking for me while i'm beign usefull to the group by shooting people through walls.
>>
With the Fianchetti Military 100's Smartlink, what does it do? From what I've read of the rules, I need a Smartlink on my person and a Smartgun system on the gun to make it work.
>>
>>53989926
should probably be a Smartgun System
otherwise post a screen shot

>captcha: Garage village
Actually captcha, I have that as a location
Commune of riggers and modders
You want a fast ride, a fast driver or both?
They are the place
>>
>>53989926
>I need a Smartlink on my person
You need a smartlink somewhere either wireless transmitting data to you, or wired, to translate the smartgun system data.

It doesn't matter if it's on the firearm or up your ass, provided you have some way to get the info (glasses with image link will work just fine once you have the smartgun system & smartlink), and considering the smartlink is 2000¥, I usually just go with it if it's listed and hasn't been errata'd. (which they haven't)
>>
Oh, and yekka? I found a bug
>Create a new character
>Go to the Gear/Weapons tab
>search for something
>go to the "Browse" tab
>Double click on any one
>Chummer crashes with This error:
Crash followup id = 07c32f30-75d1-4fdf-8149-4312f6deead4
Length may not be smaller than 0 (zero)
Parametername:length

This is with fresh characters
>>
File: IMG_1362.jpg (198KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1362.jpg
198KB, 800x740px
>>53990030
>>
>>53990208
Occam's Razor: CGL Editing fucked up. Again
>>
>>53990251
That's unfortunate. So the gun has no attachments, or they meant it to have an Internal Smartgun system?
>>
>>53990502
Most likely just a smartgun system
>>
>>53990561
And yet, they have not errata'd it.
>>
>>53990829
Considering how crap their editing is in the first place, I wouldn't hold my breath either.
>>
>>53990829
They also haven't errata'd the totally fucked addiction rules either. Your argument holds no weight.
>>
>>53990885
Here's your (you). I'm sure you'll return the favour.
Just because you hate the addiction rules and want everyone else to hate them too, does not mean anyone is obliged to give a fuck every time you bring your pet hate to the conversation. Both the addiction rules and Gun H(e)aven 3 are, at the least charitable minimum, RAW functional.
>>
>>53991073
No one wanted to give you a (you) for being so wrong. Here is a pity (you).
>>
>>53992185
>No one wanted to give you a (you)
Yes, which worked perfectly for an hour and a half. Shame you couldn't restrain yourself from being (You).
>>
>>53992476
And here's a (You) for giving me a (You). One who lectures others on restraint should practice it lest they be revealed as a hypocrite. :^)
>>
>>53990116
That's a new one. Hrm. Will look into it once I finish this thing with making shapeshifters behave.
>>
>>53992514
Talk of hypocrisy on a Filipino milk curdling board is for those who think their hands clean while flinging shit.
>>
>>53992743
But anon, they are clean. Gloves work.
>>
Are there any splat books for the Berlin Flux State?
>>
>>53987121
>>53987311

That requires a decker to not only have marks on the tag, but also be running wrapper in one of his precious program slots.
>>
>>53993325
Not if you permanently edit the tag.
>>
>>53993236
I'm pretty much sure that there is. But it's [i]auf Deutsch[/i], so if you [i]kennst nicht[/i], then you're a bit out of luck.

Depends on how good you can decode the Google Translate.
>>
>>53993397
There's nothing in the books that indicates that's possible, and if it were, it makes wrapper 100% redundant.
>>
>>53993851
You can edit tags, but wrapper makes it so that you don't have to edit them back after the job's done. Which is really useful for those R-rated weapons that you can have licenses for.
>>
>>53992876
>being this literal
Wew.
>>
>>53993964
>Being so autistic you can't tell blatant sarcasm

I mean, I know it's the internet, but goddamn.
>>
>>53993878
Basic Matrix protocols require device icons to pro-
vide some hint of their real-life function. A firearm’s icon
looks like a weapon ... a vehicle’s
icon looks like a vehicle, a lock’s icon looks like a lock,
a refrigerator looks like a cold box for food, etc. SR5 219

CHANGE ICON
(SIMPLE ACTION)
Marks Required: Owner
Test: none (Data Processing action)
You change the target’s icon to one that you have
a copy of or have designed yourself. Changing an icon
doesn’t change the results of a Matrix Perception action,
but might fool personas who don’t take the time to in-
spect your new look. You can target your own icon, if
you like. SR5 238

Wrapper: This program overrides the Matrix’s proto-
cols for icons. While this program is running, your icons
can be anything you want them to be when you use the
Change Icon action. SR5 246

The rules indicate:

1) Without Wrapper, icons must suggest function. Weapon == weapon. Holster == holster.

2) Change Icon follows Matrix iconography rules, unless you're running wrapper.

If you have a restricted handgun with tags in it, you cannot make them look like anything but restricted weapon tags without using Wrapper.

Iconography being enforced is what makes deckers actually worthwhile. Without it, they would fumble around like idiots every combat, praying to god they come across their opponent's gun icon somewhere in the mess.
>>
>>53993878
Tag icons represent tags, not whatever they're inserted into. The item they're inserted into has its own, separate, icon when wireless active.

Using Wrapper on tag icons is to make them look like something other than tag icons, not to edit the data they put out. You can do that with a simple edit action.
>>
>>53993971
It's not the first time someone has tried to use sarcasm over the internet, and it won't be the last time it fails, either.

I'm sure you'll return the favour.
>>
>>53994060
Fair enough, it just seemed so obviously tongue-in-cheek. That'll teach me to underestimate the level of autism in /tg/.
>>
Anybody know where the rules for shooting targets you can only see on drone-cam or security camera are?
>>
I like it
>>
>>53995464
No you don't, asshole.
>>
So I'm new to 5th edition SR, and have a sorta noobish question. My previous experience is all with 3rd edition, so I know next-to-nothing as far as a frame of reference goes.

What amount of initiative should a character who expects to be in an upfront fight have? I'm currently sitting at 2d6+12, but don't know if that's enough to be a relevant fighter in this system, or even if 5th edition cares quite as much about getting multiple turns as 3rd.
>>
>>53995585
It does care as much, if not more. Initiative is king.

12 + 2d6 initiative isn't bad, it guarantees you two passes enven on a shitty roll with a chance for a third one if you roll high. But if your main shtick is "kill things so hard they die to death when shit hits the fan", you should crank it even higher.
>>
>>53995585
You should focus on getting more dice rather than just flat bonuses.
4d6 with +9 beats 2d6 with +14
Invest in some drugs to add more dice when shit gets real too.
>>
>>53995718
potentially beats*
Roll 4 1s on those d6s and your +9 ain't shit compared to 2d6+14.
>>
>>53995840
Statistically you're more likely to do better than worse anon.
12-33 versus 16-26
>>
I'm a tad on the dumb side so can someone explain to me the various actions involved in locating a place (I know where it is physically) in the matrix and checking out its security and whatnot?
Am I just going to Data Search it up?
>>
>>53990208
Did they really make a pea shooter with 4P damage, or did i misread ?
>>
>>53995418
Blind Fire.
>>
>>53996306
That's 20A, it's 6P in 5e.
>>
>>53996306
4th edition rules.
>>
What does 100+ in regards to Sim Module costs mean?
If I spend 100 am I using basic bitch shit and 1000 I got dem ultra graphics?
>>
>>53997011
+100¥

As in, you add 100¥ to the price of any commlink, and it now has a standard sim module included.
>>
>>53997323
So I have to pay my entire commlink cost again?
Cause its not 100 cost, its 100+
>>
>>53997375
A sim module is useless by itself. It's a modifier on the cost of the commlink you add it to.
>>
>>53997402
So theres effectively no reason for it to be a input it should simply be 100 cost flat. Got it.
>>
>>53997375
>its 100+
No ....

It's +100¥.

>>53997536
It's something you never buy as a standalone product. So no.
>>
File: Decking Flow Chart.pdf (819KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Decking Flow Chart.pdf
819KB, 1x1px
>>53996142
>>
Can someone run me on how to use Clinch?
Planning on getting Krav Maga but still cant wrap my head around it
Clinch is a simple action so what do you do with your other Simple Action. Unarmed is Complex, Shooting would be ton of penalties and dont know what else to do.
>>
File: 6kWordsOnMartialArts.pdf (76KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
6kWordsOnMartialArts.pdf
76KB, 1x1px
>>53998146
>Can someone run me on how to use Clinch?

>Clinch is a gamechanger of a technique because it allows you to easily control a target's movement, while also providing extreme penalties to ranged weapon usage in the engagement above and beyond the relatively minor 3 that close quarters combat provides. Clinch makes being in a knife fight armed with a pistol terrifying, which is the dream of every melee martial artist in SR. You now actually have the advantage in close quarters combat unless you either bomb your clinch roll or your opponent somehow can afford to do a long full auto burst without taking recoil penalties. As a bonus, it sets up perhaps the most transformative technique in the game...
>>
>Humanis Johnson sends runners to cause a fuel tanker to crash in a z neighbourhood as they lure trogs to the tanker in hopes of free fuel.

>Explodes, killing hundreds of trogs
>>
File: IMG_20170625_022429_952.png (628KB, 716x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_022429_952.png
628KB, 716x522px
>>53998595
>>
>>53998595
>Trogs
ALL THOSE AWAKENED CHIMPS
DEAD
>>
Would your non human runner take a job from Humanis?
>>
>>54000359
The real question is why Humanis would give a job to a non-human unless they were setting him up for failure.
>>
>>54000359
Nuyen are nuyen, omae. Some of us don't have a choice.
>>54000420
False-flagging. Even a succesful run by non-humans can be exploited for propaganda if you give it the correct spin.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.