[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do the other gods feel about Malal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: malal.jpg (36KB, 400x523px) Image search: [Google]
malal.jpg
36KB, 400x523px
How do the other gods feel about Malal?
>>
>>53957211
Angry and afraid.
Every time someone swears allegiance to Malal the dark gods shudder knowing that Malal is still out there watching and waiting for the day he comes to power.
>>
>>53957211
who?
>>
>>53957211
Enraged.
His servants hunts down thier greater snd lesser demons like cats hunt mice.
>>
>>53957589
This too.
>>
>>53957589
the chaos god of intellectual property
>>
>>53957211
Let it go you autistic faggot.
>>
File: Be'lakor the Great.jpg (197KB, 868x675px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor the Great.jpg
197KB, 868x675px
>>53957211
Not canon. Even Solkan is more canon, and Solkan doesn't even exist!
>>
File: The_Labyrinth.pdf (517KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The_Labyrinth.pdf
517KB, 1x1px
>>53958103

Like hell he's not. Black Library even still sells the short story that features the Sons of Malice and Malice by name.
>>
>>53958397
Malal never existed in 40K. Malice is just some call back and nothing more.
>>
>>53958636

Malal, no. Malice, yes, although the two are one in the same in spirit, Malal was copyrighted already, so GW changed the name for later references. And, of course, indulged in other subtle references as well.
>>
>The Chaos Gods are attempting an Imperial Truth-style complete information blackout in attempt to starve Malal
I could see it.
>>
>>53958741

But information and worship doesn't stop feeding the Gods, you think they themselves would have known that after the Emperor tried it.

Besides, it seems like Malice likes quality over quantity when it comes to his followers, seeing as he keeps very select company.
>>
>>53957211
Nothing, on account of him not being canon.
>>
>>53957211
I think he represents a lot of possibilities for a GM to craft a story around, or for a theme that a wargamer could design an army around.
>>
>>53957211
>>53958397
>>53958664

I actually like Malal as an obscure, mostly (in-universe) unheard-of renegade god that is only heard of or spoken about in rumors and whispers. It makes him feel more ominous and mysterious, like a chaos god rightfully should.
>>
Hey guys so if I wanted to make a Malal themed army, what would be better? Some flavor of Space Marine, or Grey Knights for their anti Chaos abilities?
>>
>>53958773
>But information and worship doesn't stop feeding the Gods, you think they themselves would have known that after the Emperor tried it.
It doesn't stop feeding CERTAIN gods. There's all sorts of evidence that there were loads more chaos gods before, squabbling over their little fiefdoms, and the "big 4" (and previously the big 3) were just some of them. It just so happened that they chose an ephemeral food-source that didn't require knowledge or worship, just resonating with one of the four humors. If anything, that's how they became the big 4. Malice/Malal, on the other hand, seems to be more particular in his fuel-of-choice in a way that requires at-least an understanding of what chaos is, and preferably who Malice/Malal is.
>>
>>53958890

You've quoted me twice, but I actually agree. I like it the way I like "Your Dudes," the idea that in the grand narrative of the 40k setting, there's backwaters and small, unheard of Chapters, and weirdos and renegades populating the fringes and dark spaces of the 40k galaxy.

Shit like what comes out of a Blanche painting or some weird obscure artwork, or any number of strange cults hiding around the fringes.

>>53958929

Malice's own select company could be to attract little attention and avoid the Big 4. But from lore it seems they feed off of parasitism and betrayal; sacrifice and back-stabbing being one in the same, where only the strongest and most cunning make it to the top ranks. Consider how often the Big 4 and their minions betray and backstab each other; Malice seems to feed on the nature of The Great Game itself.
>>
>>53958999
Malice feeding on the concept of Betrayal? That might do more to explain how strong and how few his followers are than anything else.
>>
>>53959046

The book posted in >>53958397 implies as much. There can be only a single champion in each game, so betrayal is a necessity when it gets down to the wire.

Even old lore reiterates as much: Malice doesn't tend to have many followers, and those he does have don't tend to last very long, but those ones who do manage to stick around are not your average mook. Quality over quantity, which is why Malice is so small and insignificant in size, but also so menacing.
>>
File: Horned Rat.jpg (226KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Horned Rat.jpg
226KB, 786x1024px
>>53958999
>>53959046
>Malice feeding on the concept of Betrayal
So what you're saying is the best way to put skaven into 40k is as daemons of Malice/Malal?
>>
>>53959142

Maybe, although he seems to have his own Daemons already. Skaven could be a pretty good stand-in for Beastmen units, though. Tzeentch gets Tzaangors, Nurgle gets Poxwalkers... Malice could get himself some abhuman space-ratmen as cheap cannon fodder to put in front of his Sons of Malice.

How would Skaven look in a Black/White scheme? I know black and white and mottled variations thereof are common colors for rats.
>>
>>53957211
They're concerned that he's actually an Ash Vampire in service to Dagoth Ur.
>>
>>53959753
Is Dagoth Ur more powerful than the chaos gods?
>>
>>53959783

TES powerlevels get wonky and weird. Sure, Chaos is a fundamental underpinning of the universe, but in TES such underlying constants start to lose their free will and turn into fundamental forces of nature rather than remaining distinct entities.

I'd flatly say they're on scales that don't play at all with each other mechanically, but if we have to choose, I'd say he's probably on the playing field.
>>
>>53959826
It doesn't help that the mechanics of their respective universes are fundamentally different.
>>
File: IMG_0110.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>53957211
My Guardian of Contradictions, ready to be painted for Malal's service.
>>
>>53959923

Nice. I'm still waiting for mine to get here.
>>
>>53959142
Yes, actually. What the fuck? How the hell does that work so well?
>>
>>53959142
>>53959173
>>53960265
I could see it: an army with a few badass heroes who managed to backstabb their way to the topp, followed by hordes of backstabbing rat-men who just manage to reproduce even faster than they can backstabb. When they finally get to releasing that Heretics list that's basically Chaos+Guard, that'd be a damn good use of that list, I mean you could do it now with cultists.... but why would you?
>>
>>53959923
That's a nice bloodletter
>>
>>53960303

Cultists make a good counts-as. Renegades and Heretics would have more flavor to them, but Cultists are the simple answer.

It'd be more appealing if they had their own Mark of Chaos, though I suppose you could just steal Khorne's and write "Sons of Malice" in the <Legion> keyword. Malice has often been described as Khorne but more elite, intense, and spooky.
>>
>>53960327
Yeah, Malice is Doom Guy. Rip and tear. Rip and tear your guts. (But it's specifically Chaos's guts.)
>>
>>53960337

Well, everyone's guts. Chaos, Imperium, Xenos... It's all on the menu. Quite literally on the menu, actually, since they make living feasts of captured foes. The Labyrinth also has our main character eating a Plague Marine as a part of that feast, only able to survive doing so because of Malice's protection.
>>
>>53960303
Imperial Guard vs Skaven.

Good god. People are going to be confused and executing ratlings on sight. Skaven are going to sit on each others shoulders in Commissar uniforms and get away with it. Ogryns are no longer the most odorous things on the battlefield.
>>
>>53960412
>Skaven are going to sit on each others shoulders in Commissar uniforms and get away with it. Ogryns are no longer the most odorous things on the battlefield.
I want to model this army soooo bad now. Rat ogre ogryn. Rat Commisars. Stormvermin militarum tempestus...
>>
>>53960514
And there are a group of really dimwitted guardsmen trying to work out why their leadership are so much nicer, the ogryns so much smarter and cleaner, and why the stormtroopers aren't giving them so much shit anymore.
>>
>>53960539
At first they think to report it to higher authorities but morale is higher than ever and casualties are down so they just go with it.
>>
>>53959142

See >>53959922
>>
File: 1412881668532.jpg (22KB, 358x392px) Image search: [Google]
1412881668532.jpg
22KB, 358x392px
>>53961894
I am in-fact already in both threads, and the blending of the ideas of the two is at-least in part my intentional doing (though others seem to be cooperating between threads as well.)

Thanks though, if I hadn't known about that thread, I'd have been quite grateful. Cheers.
>>
>>53958865
Kids that joined 40k after 3rd should not post.
They know less that Jon Snow and he was retard.
If something dosnt exist in your space yiff codex it dosnt mean it not canon you git.
>>
>>53958741
Mate, they've always been doing that, namely Tzeentch. Or did you not notice how Tzeentch, the driving force for change both had Daemons in his name set the key players in the heresy into motion, or how Lorgar, the Head of Chaos undivided and the guiding father of the faith, and thus is the one responsible for conduct and change in it has NEVER stepped foot outside of his fortress citiadel after the heresy, currently kept "meditating" for this long via "Visions"

Tzeentch is the only Chaos God that would ever have reason to seek self-preservation of his intrigues and interests, and most importantly Malal is the Warp's natural response to the cluster-fuck the War in heaven caused.

Effectively, it's Malal's job, if not by nature or result from it's ensuing actions to flush the thing back down to 0 returning the realm of souls to it's natural state.

It's daemons caputre others to toture by denying their nature, and his gifts and boons literally make his few agents the effective combination of a Blank, Grey Knight, and significant named character's kill ratio, rendering Daemons up to princes and Greater fucking sitting ducks in a fight.

Never mind what happens if one were jump in the way of a Chaos Champions ascension as a way to steal it, via the parasites Malal gives his loyal, because of his yes/no nature.

It's been a while since I talked about it, but effectively, Tzeentch has aims and goals thanks to him being able to pretty much datamine every thought made ever, and this is evidenced by his involvement in the heresy.
>>
I always wonder what goes on in Malalfags heads.

The Chaos Gods are often called The Four, the Four Powers, and so on. There are countless sources describing their champions, their demonic legions, incursions, feuds, even their realms in the Immaterium.

At the same time the only little snippets of material about Malal, all of it outdated and practicaly unreferenced by anyone or anything.

There is no such thing as Malal for fucks sake. If you like the fluff, sure, 40k is huge for this purpose, there totaly can be renegade warbands worshipping the concept of Malice. Make it a daemon prince or Tzeentchian Daemon acting just as planned.

But accept the fact that the fifth, anti Chaos god of Chaos is no more, has been gone for years.
>>
>>53962743
>SOMEONE IS HAVING FUN
>OR THINKING ABOUT THINGS
>THAT I DON'T PERSONALLY APPROVE OF
TO THE INTERNET!
>>
>>53962906

I kinda expected this kind of reply.

No, my post is not "stop liking what I don't like"

My problem is not Malalfags headcanon, to each his own and all that.

Problem is, oftentimes ppl just forcibly try to push Malal's existence down everybody's throat, he kinda becomes a hipster chaos god because of that. And everybody that uses the same three useless arguements all the fucking time to convince people to accept a concept many tomes proven wrong/nonexistant indeed rustles my jimmies.
>>
>>53959826
>>53959898
How cool would an Elder Scrolls 40K style game be?
>>
>>53963143

>what is scrollhammer
>>
>>53962743
You're right, Malal's gone, there's no way he's ever making a comeback. But I still think he's a fun concept to imagine and try to work into 40k, even if it's all just headcanon shit. But I don't think I'd be happy wrapping him up as a lesser daemon or being working for another chaos god, because Malal's shtick has so much potential as its own thing working against everyone, destroy chaos and inevitably all things. He may not be on the same level as one of the big four chaos gods, but I still gotta imagine him as his own unique force with a small but proud following that can never quite be crushed by the other gods. Will they ever succeed in ending the universe? Probably not. Will they keep trying? Absolutely.
>>
>>53962743
How buttblasted would you be if they announce the return of Malal?
I'm curious
>>
>>53963187

I wouldn't be at all my dear fellow warhammer enthusiast.
>>
>>53963148
>scrollhammer
One people actually play.
>>
>>53963215
Good answer
>>
>>53963148
Skirmish-shit.
>>
>>53957211
If we're talking about Gork and Mork...
That annoying lil' git they stuffed in their punching bag way back in the day and still haven't let out yet (the two have no problems with his servants or anything, they just fine the guy really annoying).
>>
>>53957211
Nothing because he does not excist
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.