[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted Request

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So recently I've been in a campaign in which we are fighting Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventures. He's recently gotten his Stand, through the Arrow that our Night Caste was given to kill him with because Sidereal plots are actually nuanced as fuck and none of us figured out what the ST was planning.

From what I understand Dio is running nothing but Spirit Charms with some Vampire flavoring. His Stand works by Principle of Motion, so he's actually just doing a shit ton in a moment instead of actually stopping time, and the Stand also acts as a ally who is constantly defending Dio unless he's using it to ora ora ora.

To note something we're all Essence 2 starter Exalted.

I have recently been slain. Due to a side quest gone horribly wrong and I'm making a new character. I'm the Eclipse of the group and I'm making a new Eclipse, the ST allows us to get a free dot of Past Lives if we make our character the same Caste, and I was wondering if you guys had any advice on how to fight something like Dio Brando in Exalted.

Things I know about him from the game. He's basically a running Vampire Themed Spirit Charms. He is not a Spirit himself, though he counts as a Creature of Darkness (Creature of Death is what I suspect) and he does have a Perfect Soak, which looks like Wounds Mean Nothing from Abyssals. His The World thing is Principle of Motion, He's got decent stats all around.
>>
Are you playing 1E, 3E or 2E? In 2E as an eclipse you could also learn principle of motion for some Jotaro style time stop.

Is The World perfectly defending Dio?

You'll need to make a lot of Lore and investigation rolls to find out the extent of his powers from your ST - crossovers tend to work on ST fiat, so you need to make sure the ST is in sync with what you're doing. Otherwise he might decide it's not dramatic enough,

That said here are some thoughts on Dio once you know more on vampire weaknesses

Assuming he's an actual Jojo vampire and not abyssal, sunlight kills him, like Vampire the Masquerade he might take aggravated damage from sunlight - find out where he's hiding during the day and blow up the building

But it seems a bit cheap for such a good foe

If your ST allows it, totemic animas and charms like blazing solar bolt might do aggravated damage, like The Ripple/Hamon

Time stop powers are best countered by area of effect powers, essence draining and total defense.

If you want a free boost of lore how to fight Dio, why not use past lives to get experience of a first age solar fighting Jojo's Pillar Men (perhaps they are behemoths?), the creators of vampires? ST approved of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvsJn9Ncsk

Should give you a lot more in game detail on vampire's weaknesses.

Finally have you tried using the Stand Arrow on yourselves?
>>
Also relevent if it is 2e. Focus on Performance and use Writhering phantasmgora's mirror to inflict automatic aggro damage on that fuck
>>
>>53953451
>Are you playing 1E, 3E or 2E?
2E
> In 2E as an eclipse you could also learn principle of motion for some Jotaro style time stop.
Good idea.
>Is The World perfectly defending Dio?
Usually it's just using Defend Other but I'm not going to say it can't, I don't think the Charms allow it to interrupt our attacks though. Perfects for spirits are expensive as hell from what I remember.
>You'll need to make a lot of Lore and investigation rolls to find out the extent of his powers from your ST - crossovers tend to work on ST fiat, so you need to make sure the ST is in sync with what you're doing. Otherwise he might decide it's not dramatic enough,
True enough and we're already doing that.
>Assuming he's an actual Jojo vampire and not abyssal, sunlight kills him, like Vampire the Masquerade he might take aggravated damage from sunlight - find out where he's hiding during the day and blow up the building
I think he works like a Vampire, times we've seen him have been in a cave system and in a savager lands city where he activated some First Age tech. The original purpose was to kill armies with thunder and lightning but it just ended up shrouding the Scavenger Lands in cloud cover for weeks. He's smart.
>But it seems a bit cheap for such a good foe
Agreed on that part.
>If you want a free boost of lore how to fight Dio, why not use past lives to get experience of a first age solar fighting Jojo's Pillar Men (perhaps they are behemoths?), the creators of vampires? ST approved of course
Good idea I'll ask after that.
>Finally have you tried using the Stand Arrow on yourselves?
From what the Twilight can tell the Arrow has prerequisites you must meet or you instantly die from it. The only one we've nailed down is a description of ones willpower that matches the ninth dot description basically word for word.

>>53953691
Performance would be a neat specialty. Hmm also good for prayer. Maybe I could swing the Priest Merit with my bonus points?
>>
>>53953812
The name of the Mirror is Demon Wracking Glory.

And you should definitely JoJo pose as you kill it.

Demon-Wracking Glory
Cost: variable +1wp; Mins: Performance 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Speed 6, DV -2); Keywords: Combo-Basic, Holy, Illusion, Mirror, Obvious; Duration: Instant (see below); Prerequisite Charms: Phantom Conjuring Performance.

This Charm expands Phantom Conjuring Performance. The maximum radius for evoking unnatural effects extends to (Essence x 100) yards, or (Essence – 5) miles if the Solar has Essence 6+. More importantly, the Exalt may use these effects to cause physical injury to creatures of darkness within (Essence x 10) yards. The Charm causes harm through blatantly supernatural and suitably Solar effects: bright fires, scorching beams of sunlight, phantom executioners and the like.All other creatures caught in the effect remain unharmed.

Withering Phantasmagoria inflicts harm in three ways. The Solar chooses between them each time she uses the Charm. Two methods last as long as the Solar continues to sing, play, orate or the like, and spends Essence each action to maintain the Charm. The third is an instant attack. For each form, however, the Solar’s player must roll (Charisma + Performance) to initiate the attack. A character gains one attack form when she learns the Charm. Additional applications cost an additional experience point each, or all three attack forms for one bonus point. A character can use only one attack form at a time. Activating the Charm costs Willpower. Continuing it merely costs Essence (for the two continuing effects).

(To be continued next post)
>>
>>53953894
Area, Continuing: The Solar inflicts one level of lethal damage per two motes spent each action, to a maximum of (Essence) damage. Targets can soak this damage only with Stamina or soak-enhancing Charms. The Solar’s lethal performance affects everyone whose Dodge MDV is less than the number of successes from the attack roll. Continuing the attack counts as the character’s Charm use for each action.

Single Target, Continuing: The Solar’s chosen victim suffers one level of unsoakable lethal damage per action that the Solar continues the Charm. This effect costs three motes per action. The initial attack roll must exceed the victim’s Dodge MDV. Continuing the attack counts as the character’s Charm use for each action.Single Target, Instant: The Solar spends up to her (Stamina + Essence) in motes and inflicts that many dice of lethal damage, plus extra successes from the attack roll. The target can resist this damage only with Stamina or soak-enhancing Charms. The attack cannot be parried without a Charm or stunt, but it can be dodged like a normal ranged attack.
>>
>>53953894
>>53953909
>The name of the Mirror is Demon Wracking Glory.
>The Charm
Awesome!
>And you should definitely JoJo pose as you kill it.
Of course!
>>
>>53953812
the PCs knowing he's a vampire and vulnerable to sunlight gives you an excuse to learn a martial art to channel Hamon.

Obviously researching his character to find his flaw of invulnerability is great as well.

Perhaps being in direct or partial sunlight or even during the day is enough to break his invulnerability soak.

Again all ST dependent - you can explain OOC as you look IC so he can skip over stuff that'd be wasting your mutual time.
>>
>>53954004
>the PCs knowing he's a vampire and vulnerable to sunlight gives you an excuse to learn a martial art to channel Hamon.
I think I saw a Terrestrial Martial Arts on one of the Exalted Generals lately that might be a decent start. Then I can make the Celestial version on my own, well have the Dawn do it.

>Obviously researching his character to find his flaw of invulnerability is great as well.
True and something that the Twilight is doing.

>Perhaps being in direct or partial sunlight or even during the day is enough to break his invulnerability soak.
We know that contact with Solar Magical Materials is avoided, the the point he made sure to stand on a Moonsilver section of flooring even when he could have rushed over the gold stuff. Maybe that's it? That stuff is made by melting gold with sunlight right?

>Again all ST dependent - you can explain OOC as you look IC so he can skip over stuff that'd be wasting your mutual time.
True true.
>>
>>53954151
I believe so.

Though that brings to mind an awesome way of killing him. Think Ninja Scroll
>>
>>53954151
You can create orichalcum by melting gold in a volcano caldera. But the best option is probably to track down the tombs of your past selves for juicy orichalcum artifacts you can melt down if necessary - it'd make a better side quest unless you have crafter

This thread also has a Jojo/Exalted crossover with some mechanics https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/jojos-exalted-adventure-jjba-exalted.3016/
>>
>>53954174
Sorry never saw Ninja Scroll. The one time I had the chance to get around to it my VCR broke. Please explain the method?

>>53954252
Could have sworn it was mirrors and sunlight. Oh well.
>>
>>53954434
Basically the immortal villian gets completely covered in molten Gold.

Considering Oricalcum seems to be his weakness it'd be a fucking METAL way to kill him
>>
File: ROFL.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ROFL.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>53954520
Pic Related. Also thanks for the idea.
>>
>>53954434
>Could have sworn it was mirrors and sunlight. Oh well.
Yes, you just need magma as well, doing it in a bowl of a caldera gives you the best of both worlds.

>>53954520
"He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.