[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GURPS General /GURPSGEN/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 28

File: gurpspdf.pdf (350KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
gurpspdf.pdf
350KB, 1x1px
Does what it says on the tin edition.

Discord shall not be the death knell of GURPSGEN.

Come home, GURPS man.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>53943919
How many points would be good for a dark fantasy game with some fantastic elements? I want the player characters to seem strong and competent but not invincible.
>>
>>53943919
I've been meaning to get to GURPS.

I've spent years with the books, creating characters just for the fun of it, generally having fun just with that, but I'd actually like to try and get to play something as well. How would I get around to do that?
>>
>>53943987
Anywhere between 175-250. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>53944024
There are a few different ways.

You could try your luck at gaming with randoms over a Roll20 campaign, or you can see if there are any gaming groups in your area through sites such as meetup or something of the sort, and try to get in with them.
>>
>>53943987
I'd go with 150/-50. This puts the PCs in the "competently skilled" tier where they fight external threats rather than the dice.
>>
For a GM that is just starting out, (as in about to run my first campaign in a few weeks), should I focus on a lower TL and pretty much do some dungeoneering sort of stuff, or should I do higher TL and just wing it?
>>
>>53944092
High TL gets harder when you deal with military firearms. Go with a game idea that sounds fun to you but maybe avoid guns to start
>>
>>53943987
Kill everything is around [55], and ability to became Ultimate God is around [100]...
>>
>>53944233
I honestly think the issue with high TL stems more from stuff like sensors and other electronics, medical gear, etc.
>>
File: GURPS Lite Add-on - Zombies.pdf (551KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Lite Add-on - Zombies.pdf
551KB, 1x1px
I think I've finished it. I'll get around to adding it to the archive after this thread dies so it's preserved, as long as there aren't any corrections needed.
>>
File: 1488409028277.jpg (102KB, 2126x1509px) Image search: [Google]
1488409028277.jpg
102KB, 2126x1509px
Just thought on how (romero type) zombies fighting
At most they probably not grab, but scratching and accidentally happens grip...
>>
>>53945949
I'm not sure that's the case. I just watched clips from Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead both '68 and '90 versions, and they all seemed to go out of their way to grapple or tackle.

If you wanted to do zombies with a sort of accidentally-grabs deal, though, you could just treat their attacks like a dog's bite, having them automatically grapple if their attack is successful, but without the free damage from worrying, since it's just a normal grapple.

Also, damn that's a lot of styles of machete. I guess most cultures have a need for knives that can clear out brush.
>>
>>53943987
I started Grimwyrd at 150/-50
It worked well. They're in the neighborhood of 350 points now. Still mortal, but very pointy mortals.
>>
For a magical "gravity well" attack, I have something like:
>Innate Attack, Crushing, Double Knockback, Area Effect, Persistent, yadda yadda yadda.

What would be the cost of a "reverse knockback direction" modifier? +50% Cosmic? Or is that too generous, considering it could potentially trap opponent in the well on par with a strong Binding attack?
>>
>>53946581
>reverse knockback direction
0-point feature i think, thanks to area effect.
>>
>>53946581
Kromm suggested +20% at some point.
>>
How fine to change HP/pound to 2 HP/pound, when every one gets 2 HP per ST, with 1 HP [1]?
>>
Hey

I'm putting together a Tactical Shooting-style SWAT vs. Vampires (plus Vampire minions) campaign. Squad tactics, check your corners, etc.

I'm looking for hacks to keep combat from dragging out too long. Any rules I should ignore/replace? What has worked for you guys?
>>
>>53946929
Remove
>Tactical Shooting and other SWAT-things
And use Gun-fu range table, and write down for everyone gunskills with&without aim bonuses, etc.
>>
>>53946876
People will be tough as hell. Why would you make that change?
>>
>>53947027
>Why would you make that change?
Everyone feels like glass cannon
>>
What is the best way to make a nonlethal superhero?
>>
>>53947114
That's what everyone is. When you get shot, you generally die.
>>
>>53947114
Then they need to buy some armor to up their DR, or use cover. GURPS combat is semi-realistic in that you generally don't shrug off bullet wounds.
>>
80 P O I N T S I N G U N S
>>
>>53947152
>That's what everyone is. When you get shot, you generally die.
Oh, gtfo, with that! 50 cent got nine shots!
>>
If I take multi-millionaire in a high TL campaign, could I theoretically just buy everyone power armor and railguns?
>>
>>53947178
>Then they need to buy some armor to up their DR, or use cover.
And, poof, we back to the same glass cannon problem, but now we need bigger hammer, with which killing much more guaranteed...
>>
>>53947119
Malediction affliction that knocks people unconscious if you don't want them in any danger of dying.

>>53947237
Theoretically, you could, but in practice, that's a question for your GM.
>>
>>53947237
You should have read entry for Wealth.
>>
>>53947199
80 P O I N TS I N S H O R T S W O R D S

>>53947209
Yeah, in the hand, legs, extremities, cheek...one shot in the chest. Limb damage in GURPS isn't as deadly, and a low roll to the torso by a 9mm is survivable.

It's not like 50 took nine shots to the gut or heart.
>>
>>53947330
Wealth doesn't seem to say anything about not buying things. Can you be more specific or at least something other than useless?
>>
>>53947330

Fucknugget here >>53947237 means the Starting Wealth blurb on B26
>"The GM should not allow wealthy PCs to bankroll their poorer associates. This makes below-average Wealth little more than “free points.” The GM might allow rich characters to hire poor ones. If so, he should make it obvious – through such means as NPC reactions (“Oh, so you’re the hired help?”) – that the poorer PC is earning his disadvantage points by giving up some of his independence."
>>
File: Capture.png (86KB, 552x391px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
86KB, 552x391px
>>53947428
I am not trying to be rude only a little bit but it's just right there.
>>
>>53947511
See >>53947499

Wealth starts on B25. Starting Wealth is on B26.
>>
>>53947393
50 Cent is also literally famous for getting shot nine times; that's literally the one thing people know about him. If getting shot nine times was no big deal, no one would give a shit.

If someone's famous for doing [X], that means [X] is one or more of extremely difficult, extremely dangerous, or extremely rare. It should be considered the outlier, not the norm.
>>
>>53947511
Okay.

I don't think that's, y'know, constitutional, but okay.
>>
When does the fantasy starter come out? Anybody know if it's easier to get into than the basic set?

If I had lite and the fantasy pdfs could I get a game going before the box set comes out? (Newb)
>>
File: 1491251489833.jpg (191KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
1491251489833.jpg
191KB, 1280x855px
hello friends I don't want to spam but if anybody has any recommended strats / resources for keeping things flowing in combat I'd love to hear about 'em.

In the past I've GMed a Western with noob players who never wanted to """waste""" a turn aiming and were appalled at the reload times for their six-shooters. I want to compensate for that phenomenon by making these turns pass quickly.
>>
>>53947542
Reality TV stars.

Being famous for something doesn't mean it was hard. It also helps that he was rushed to the emergency room before he reached -5x hp, don't you think?
>>
Am I getting this right?
So if I buy a 20d6 burning attack for 100 points, then increase its range by 5x for +50%, it costs me 150 right?

Then if I buy an affliction, that makes people unconscious +200%, it costs me 20 points per level. If I then make this an alt attack of my innate attack it instead costs me 4 points per level. Then I can increase the range for +50%.

For a grand total of 300 points I have an attack that deals 20d6 burn damage, as well as an affliction that attacks for HT -25.

Am I doing this right? Suppose I have 300 points left over what could I spend them on to make this character a bit more survivable?
>>
>>53947567
Some time in August or October. I certainly hope it's easier to get in to than the Basic Set as that's literally why it was made.

>>53947569
Nothing that's really GURPS specific. Make sure people are planning their turns in advance instead of zoning out and THEN spending time thinking when it's actually their turn. Promote the idea of a default action, something the PC will always fall back on if there's nothing better (this part is GURPS specific, I guess, as you can give out Trademark Move perks for free). In extreme cases, get a small timer for combat turns if people just can't stop wasting time. Ditch crit tables. Don't look shit up mid-fight. Eyeball and wing situational mods (Action's simplified range tables help).
>>
>>53947569
Use Action and/or Gun Fu. Action specifically was designed for high-speed shout-and-roll games, so it simplified some things.
>never wanted to aim
>boo-hoo long reloads
Meh. He would be fine with Gunslinger and decent level of Fast-Draw plus Quick Reload perk.
>>
>>53947737
When you buy alternative attacks you pay full price for most expensive advantage. Cost per level is irrelevant in those calculations, you should use final cost of each advantage.
>>
>>53947737
Affliction is a separate advantage at 10 points/level, making the total for knocking people unconscious 30/level. You can buy a max of 5 levels, for a total of 150 points, before it becomes too expensive to be an alternate ability of Burning Attack. Making it an AA drops the price back to 30. You have an improved-range 20d burn attack and can hit people to force them to roll HT-4 vs unconsciousness for a total of [180].

Honestly, 20d burn is overkill. Drop the damage and maybe add one or more of Armor Divisor, Area of Effect, Homing/Guided,Explosive, Knockback, Rapid Fire, Incindiary, or Cyclic.

As for other things, remember you need the Innate Attack skill to actually hit. If this is a 600-point super game, grab some fucking survivability traits like DR, enhanced speed, or Flight, because you're going to be going up against Supers-tier threats that can juggle cars, shoot lasers from their eyes, control robot armies, and have a host of skills in the 30s.
>>
What happens when someone runs out of FP?
>>
>>53948597
Read the Basic Set to find out.
>>
>>53948597
They have 0 FP.
>>
>>53946793
Thank you, after some consideration, this seems about right.
>>
>>53948597
So if I spend 50 points I get a 10d6 cr attack, if I spend 10 points I get a 5d6 fat attack if it is an alt of my cr attack.

Would it just be wiser to increase rof or something?

If I spend 100 points on DR(20) then spend 200 points on injury tolerance(DR) I divide things by 10 then subtract my DR from them?

I could survive a 200 point attack to the face, whereas if I spend 300 points on DR it would only be 60. Right?
>>
>>53948866
Crap I did that wrong it would be divide by 8
>>
>>53948866
Crushing and fat attacks? What are you, the Blob?
>>
>>53948866
>I divide things by 10 then subtract my DR from them?

"Damage Reduction: You divide the
injury you suffer by 2, 3, or 4 after sub-
tracting DR from damage and apply-
ing wounding modifiers."
I am not sure if you are high or just don't have a book and have to do everything by memory.
>>
Can a cone be dodged?
>>
>>53949041

Yeah. Same as any area attack you can Dive for Cover. If you're caught wide in the open and a large cone hits you you obviously can't cover enough ground to get into cover. Check the segment on Active Defense Options.
>>
What is your favorite advantage that no one uses?

Same question for skills, disadvantages, perks, etc
>>
Does the 4th edition have any steampunk resources anywhere, or need I go back to 3e?
>>
>>53949681
Visualization. I actually didn't even realize it exists for a long time.
>>53950365
There is Steampunk pdf for 4e although it has less material than old books
>>
File: ICELAND STANDS.png (767KB, 685x955px) Image search: [Google]
ICELAND STANDS.png
767KB, 685x955px
>>
Opinions of GCS vs GCA?

Somebody mentioned on here you could get data files for gcs that contained the descriptions from the books. I can't find a link to anything like that anywhere.
>>
>>53951004
I dunno if they communicated wrong, or if you heard wrong, but GCS does have a feature to open up a pdf to the right page of a certain ability; eg, if you highlight the stealth skill with a page reference of B222, and press Ctrl+G it opens the Basic set book right to page 222.
>>
Is there no charge maneuver in GURPS combat? All I can find is move & attack, which seems to actually penalize your hit.
>>
>>53952011

It is harder to move and attack than it is to attack while standing, it's realistic that your hit is penalized.

All-Out Attack lets you move up to half move and attack, that way you sacrifice your defense instead of offense.
There's also an optional rule called Extra Effort you can use to get rid of or minimize the penalty for move and attack by spending FP. If I recall correctly it's in Martial Arts.
>>
Can someone explain to me that if I have a gun with the RoF in the hundreds, and shoot at someone, I still only hit them 6 or seven times?
>>
>>53952265
You do recall, rate of fire bonuses add to your effective skill, yeah?
>>
What are some good ideas to make the Low TL disadvantage "worth the points" in a dungeon fantasy setting beyond limiting the player to lower TL gear?
>>
>>53952011
IIRC slams don't incur a penalty to hit. Their damage is based on your velocity and weight.
>>
File: 1477440283031.jpg (454KB, 1171x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1477440283031.jpg
454KB, 1171x1347px
>>53952265
Most guns which fire that fast aren't really meant to put hundreds of shots into one target but saturate an area so that everyone in it is going to be hit by a couple of shots. But yes, the rapid fire system breaks down quickly with lots of shots, which can be an issue with things like birdshot or firing a beehive round at a dinosaur.

>>53952011
Charging at someone is usually an All-Out-Attack, which lets you move up to half your full move (or more, with martial arts rules). It sacrifices defences, which is generally pretty realistic; charging at someone is dangerous and you generally rely on the impact of your attack to overwhelm them before they can hit back. It's also a good time to use Extra Effort in Combat rules (Basic Set p. 357, Martial Arts p. 131) to do as much damage as possible. A charge carried out at a full run is usually going for a slam or tackle (which don't take the penalties for move and attack) or made by someone on a mount (who isn't making a full move manoeuvre, just sitting on something that is).

Latest Pyramid:

https://mega.nz/#!7pt2FRJD!Qk7sdntoPuINH82crzPHuL7lQRKPaKNrPn1BTPQYgyw
>>
>>53952764
Ball of spikes man?
Ball of spikes man!
>>
File: 1357962127627.jpg (181KB, 684x800px) Image search: [Google]
1357962127627.jpg
181KB, 684x800px
Is there a better way to get modified spells than ignoring the spell list and building each spell from an advantage with enhancements and limitations, and letting the final cost determine the learning time?
I'm still reading through the Basic Set, and didn't see anything about modifying spells in the Magic chapter, and got the impression that spells were just skills.
>>
>>53952735

Skills like First Aid suffer from low TL. Technological traps, locks and devices might as well.
>>
>>53952286
RoF 300 is a bonus of +8. Assuming Skill-16, Rcl 2 gun, a moving target five yards away, and a skill roll of 10, that's only 6 hits out of 300, or 12 hits out of 300 for Rcl 1. I don't know how realistic that is, but the feeling is off if you only score one more hit over RoF 100, despite pumping out 3x the lead. This is a case of GURPS not playing well with extremes.

http://noschoolgrognard.blogspot.com/2013/08/using-size-modifier-table-for-rapid.html If you use these rules, the RoF 300 gun has a bonus of +13, meaning we succeed by 17. Divide that by two and subtract one, look value up on the SSR table, we score 30 hits. That's a lot better, but still not quite there. I don't really have a good solution to that problem.

>>53952818
Thanks.
>>
>>53952865
One of the core failures of GURPS. The basic magic set is neither generic nor customizable
>>
>>53952935
The magic book has some pretty good stuff, though, doesn't it?
>>
>>53952011
You can Slam (B371), which damages your target AND you, but has a chance to knock down.

Taking an All-Out Attack (B365) maneuver allows you to move half of your Move score, but forsakes defense as normal. Martial Arts adds All-Out Attack (Long) which adds +1 to your reach (a 1 yard reach sword can attack someone 2 yards away), which can be found on pp. 97-98

Martial Arts also adds a new way to spend FP in combat in the form of a Heroic Charge. When you spend 1 FP on this option, which can be added to a normal Move and Attack, you can ignore BOTH the skill penalty and the skill cap.

Hope this answers your question.
>>
File: shaman_by_soft_h.jpg (303KB, 900x812px) Image search: [Google]
shaman_by_soft_h.jpg
303KB, 900x812px
>>53952935
What about Thaumatology?
>>
>>53952865
What do you mean? You could just modify the spells as you see fit. The basic Magic system isn't based on advantages with enhancements. It's its own thing entirely. I recommend picking up Thaumatology, because it offers some good ideas to modify the basic Magic system, from minor to a complete overhaul.

Don't listen to >>53952935, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>53953179
>You could just modify the spells as you see fit. The basic Magic system isn't based on advantages with enhancements. It's its own thing entirely. I recommend picking up Thaumatology
So ad hoc customization if the basic set spells
Which means the exact caveat >>53952935 had: the basic set is very rigid and needs some heavy customization, or the thaumatology book, to be better
>>
>>53954011
Very rigid? How's the basic magic system rigid?

I want a new fire spell called Great Fireball. It will basically be a fireball on steroids, that only masters will be able to cast.

Great Fireball (VH) - Missile
Creates a large fireball in the caster's hand. This has 1/2 25, Max 50, Acc 1. This spell is very likely to ignite flammable targets.

Cost: Any amount up to 2x Magery level per second, for three seconds. The fireball does 5d burning damage per full 4 points of energy.

Time to cast: 1 to 3 seconds.

Prerequisites: Magery 4 and Fireball.

Some balance tweaking, some play testing, and you got a new spell easy.
>>
>>53954468
That's modifying an existing spell. There isn't a system for creating entirely new ones. There are guidelines, but that isn't the same has having a system to tinker with, such as Powers.
>>
>>53954468
>Nothing is rigid when you make stuff up on the fly!
I get what you're trying to say, but dude that is a horrible example.
>>
>>53954468
You can really just case Explosive Fireball with more energy.
>>
>>53953083
Slams with shields (a.k.a. Shield Rushes) don't deal damage to the attacker, making shields one of the only ways for realistic low-tech warriors to close the distance aggressively without being suicidal.

The list of reasons why shields are master race just keeps growing!
>>
>>53958126
They deal damage to shield
>>
>>53958126
Closing the distance exposes one critical flaw of the shield: close combat! Your shield is useless if someone is right up against you, even worse if they're grappling you. Of course, that's only an issue in single combat, but single combat's a rare event.
>>
>>53958223
Most games ignore damage to shields, but point taken. How much DR do shields tend to sport?
>>
Would it be uncool to just boost RoF of an innate attack instead of boost damage?

Would it be smart?
>>
>>53954516
That is true. Building spells as powers/advantages offers a way to fit a spell into a certain power level, for sure.

However the thing with the basic Magic system's approach is that is all seems to be "skillfully eyeballed." If you can figure out the general concept of a spell, such as how hard it should be to cast, how complicated the spell is, if it's a Regular, Area, etc. spell, and how long it lasts, you can probably figure out a ballpark estimate on what the spell should cost. what the difficulty should be, and what prerequisites exist.

>>53954649 and >>53956114 are correct in that my example was shit.

>>53958650
Ask your GM, I suppose. If it makes sense for the innate attack to have a higher RoF then it wouldn't be that uncool. For example, if your innate attack was a built in machine gun, a high RoF would make sense. If your GM gives you a pass on your Innate Attack, then it's cool.
>>
File: S70623-094640.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S70623-094640.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>53958446
>Most games ignore slam damage to self
Why you don't?
>>
>>53959308
Shield damage is a good rule to enforce, especially if you're using Low-Tech's expanded shield list, which almost requires it in order to justify a difference between shields of the same DB.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPhZsauluXM

Stat me
>>
>>53959808
Yeah, leather on wicker shields shouldn't survive the same abuse as a plywood. If you don't want to do that, at least make light shields roll HT after each day of use to see if it's busted.
>>
>>53959808
Yeah if you're not using damage to shields, just stick to Basic Set's shields.
>>
>>53947199
>>53947393
S I G N A T U R E G E A R (MAIN BATTLE TANK) beats both
>>
>>53947199
Why not just spend those points having two Allies that are always around and are 150% as strong as you? Maybe they even have 120 points in guns, each.
>>
>>53961127
Why not spend 80 points on Mind Control and just force everyone to be your friend?
>>
>>53961153
Why not spend 80 points Insubstantiality and ignore all your problems earthly problems all together?
>>
So, my group is ending sci-fi campaign that has been ran using 2nd ED Dark Heresy. Our next-to-be GM wants to try out GURPS, since he doesn't know much about 40k and he said he will be running more rational, but still space setting.

Thing is not a single one of us have ever played GURPS, and looking at the plethora of books, I really don't have a clue to which we should include and since it is kind of my fault because I told him about the system, I would really like to help him.
>>
>>53961336

>Basic Set - Characters
>Basic Set - Campaigns
These are two parts of the same book, and define the core of the system.

>Ultra Tech
Has some problems, considered one of the weaker GURPS books, but is a good starting point for a sci-fi campaign. Explores future technology, from computers and batteries to tools and railguns.
Mostly you'll want to look at equipment lists and ideas.

>Bio-Tech
Optional. An excellent book that explores the more organic aspects of the future. Bioroids, bioengineering, artificial parahumans, uplifts, artificial organs, artificial diseases, etc. but also the seedier underbelly that's commonly glossed over. Future drugs, sex-bots, fetishes, prostitution, etc.

>Spaceships
Highly optional. Doesn't translate 1:1 with the rest of the system, which is a big problem. Only really compatible with itself, and spaceship battles are sort of broken as they are (armor and hull does Jack Shit, missile-spam from across the solar system ends every fight before they begin).
But Spaceships can be handy as a GM tool for designing space-stations, slow-moving world-ships, transports and the like.

>Transhuman Space series
Super optional. A series of setting-books you might glance through as part of your extracurricular activity, for inspiration mostly.
Personally I don't consider them worth your time unless you're playing a setting very similar to the one presented. Of special note is Transhuman Space - Shell Tech, as it contains templates for a large number of robotic shells. The templates are occasionally a bit weird, having been shoddily updated from 3E, but they can be a good starting point regardless.

That about covers it. Remember the platinum rule: In GURPS; less is more. I'd recommend Basic Set and Ultra Tech only. If you're a furry and/or want to explore genetic engineering gone wild, add Biotech.
>>
>>53961486
Cool, these are basically books I was kind of expecting, thanks for rundown.
>>
What's an appropriate skill penalty for an archer firing a bow while also holding a knife or short sword with the hand he's holding the bow with?
>>
>>53962377
Next to impossible. Put the knife in between your teeth like any reasonable commando would.
>>
>>53962377
That seems extremely awkward to do, usually it probably wouldn't even be allowed since you need 2 hands for the bow. Probably -4 or -6, it isn't impossible, but why not just sheathe your weapon?
>>
>>53962398
>>53962414
A longbow is not that thick, you would be able to hold it while still using your pinky and middle finger along with your palm to hold the knife tang between the bow and your hand.

It would be a bit awkward and probably hinder proper firing, but it's nowhere near impossible.
>>
>>53962414
I forgot to answer the why. The player was player a Heroic Archer in close combat and wanted to be able to drop the bow and parry with the knife if an enemy got within attacking range, since they were ambushed and he had a crippling injury to his leg from a previous fight.

He figured a shitty parry was better than a really shitty dodge.

I gave him -4 to hit and -2 to parry on top of his other penalties.

Just wondering if there's some established rule on that, after the fact, for the next time this situation comes up.
>>
>>53962568
Try check LTC2. There was something similar for shields.
And why he can't just drop bow and fast-draw for parry, with no penalty?
>>
>>53962676
Because fast draw happens during his turn, if an enemy chose to run up to him with move and attack or something, he'd be stuck with the bow for that attack.
>>
>>53962684
Dropping your bow is also on your turn, isn't it?
>>
>>53962684
I read somewhere if you can successfully fast-draw, then it's free action, so when attacked you just drop handheld item, then fast-draw and parry, if fast-draw was successful, or should spend next turn on ready maneuver if you fail fast-draw.
>>
>>53962861
Technically, yeah, but since it's a free action I ruled that he could do it while parrying, with the -2 to parry.

>>53962865
Really? Any idea where?
>>
>>53962945
Sjforums, I think.
>>
>>53962945
I also fail to see what scenario he'd want to fire his bow with an opponent within distance to charge him to begin with. Why does he need to use such a contrived set-up?
>>
>>53962568
>Heroic Archer
No penalty then. HA means you are a larger-than-life expert bowman unhindered by petty issues mere mortal archers face. It explicitly removes any penalty for weird or acrobatic posture, so it shouldn't be an issue if a one-handed weapon is also held with the bow hand.
>>
>>53962993
Because he's has Heroic Archer in a mostly cinematic game, and that's what heroic archers do? Also the bow was the only way to make himself useful in combat at that instance.
>>
>>53963018
>It explicitly removes any penalty for weird or acrobatic posture
It does? I'm looking a the Martial Arts entry and I only see that it removes or reduces penalties for moving (including acrobatic moves), close combat, fast draw and quick shooting.
>>
>>53963065
I may be working off the DF version then, where firing while hanging upside down from the rafters is more normal.
>>
>>53963191
I'll have a look at what DF says, then. So far I've been handling it as Heroic Archer reducing penalties from things the rest of your body does intentionally while firing, as in running, jumping, sliding, whatever, but doesn't reduce penalties from outside influences like bad or slippery terrain, bad weather (wind or rain), bad posture, etc.

In the end, the character is less of a Legolas or Hawkeye kind of archer (nimble and mobile, with cool trick shots) and more an Odysseus kind of archer (strong and accurate), so it works out.
>>
>>53961650
Don't use any of those extra books. The basic set is already like 600 pages, but you'll be ignoring most of it since at most a third will be relevant to your game. That's still a pretty hefty system. For your first gurps game, it's all you need.
If you were going to use those other books, the intention is that you only use 5 or so pages from each one. They'll all have hundreds of optional rules, you're only supposed to pick a handful.

Starting your first campaign with a ton of splatbooks is the best way to think that gurps is too complicated.
>>
Is there a good resource for a condensed and well sorted list of skills somewhere? I'm new to GMing this system and there's a simply unreal amount of skills, most of which aren't applicable to low-tech.
>>
File: Skill Categories.pdf (229KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Skill Categories.pdf
229KB, 1x1px
>>53963943
>>
So RoF can be used for Lazers, according to Ultrahigh. If I wanted to make a really good innate attack the most optimal option would be.

>2d cor damage, costing 20 points will allow you to also destroy armor.
>RoF 300, costing +300%, boosts accuracy can fire as much or as little as you want.

For 60 points you deal 2d6 cor damage, if you attack properly you can get rid of 300 dr per volley.

For a non lethal option make a fat attack for 10 points, making RoF 300 for +300%, you can use as much or as little of that as you want. Make this an alternate attack for 1/5 the cost.

This gets stupid powerful with the rules found here http://noschoolgrognard.blogspot.com/2013/08/spaceshipsjc-corvettes-vs-strike.html?m=1

Anything I'm missing?
>>
TL8 gun combat is so fucking slow to play through, it's making me really steer my campaign clear of combat.

Anyone got any Helpful Tips And Tricks to make it less of a slog? I'm using basic and high-tech.
>>
>>53963943
Basic Set, page 301
>>
>>53963943
There's a document called something like "skills by category" which sorts skills by topic rather than alphabetically. It's not what you're looking for, but it's probably the best place to start if you wanted to make your own custom list.

I guess you could call each of the categories a skill, if you wanted to have fewer, but I looked into that once and it didn't look like it would work well. If you find anything that reduces the number of skills to like 30 or something let me know.
>>
>>53963966
Use Gun-fu range table, and write down for everyone gunskills with&without aim bonuses, range, etc other most encounter conditions.
>>
>>53944092
>>53944233
I actually think Gurps does intense rapid firefights really well.

Easiest game I have GM'd is near future street punks. Basically cyberpunk without any kind of datasphere stuff. Hacking was done by plugging in AI and letting them do it.

So player got shopping lists of cool guns and gadgets, and all they had to really get were the rules for shooting, aiming, and taking cover.

I find the melee system is actually a big stumbling block for new players, with grappling, several styles of unarmed, and all the possible moving parts with blocking, parrying, feinting etc.

The biggest thing is not to get bogged down in all the possible shit you can add, just keep it simple and remember that almost all of the complex rules are optional.
>>
>>53963966
The trick is to ignore all of the optional rules, unless you feel like it. So if a penalty would probably give a -1 or -2, don't even look up what it is. Only when you think it would give a -4 do you consider applying it.
>>
>>53963988
On the surface, the exhaustive list of skills is a bit overloaded but I'm eager to give it a try. I just wanted an easier method to digest the huge volume of information. I appreciate the answers
>>
>>53950365
Don't go back to 3e. It's not like DnD where the editions each have distinct advantages. 3e equipment can be converted by eyeball fairly easily and there are proper rules for it if you care that much.
>>
>>53961030
Yeah, but with all the points you need to buy and maintain a tank, you won't have the points left over to operate it, or have enough allies to crew it. You can't run an MBT with just one person!
>>
>>53963943
If too many skills are the issue, hit up Power-Ups: Wildcard Skills for a shorter list of thematic hyperskills (e.g. Detective! including all of Detect Lies, Intereogation, Body Language, Observation, Fast-Talk, Intimidation, and quite a few more skills considered essential to the "detective" archetype). Wildcard skills are great because they remove the risk of missing an important skill (happens a lot with newbies) and keep things simple--if you're doing something detective-y, just roll against Detective! and keep the game going.
>>
>>53964122
>maintain a tank
Im already paying Cost of Living!
>>
>>53953123
Great book for world building ideas. I really like the alternative magic systems and have used the 'spheres' one (forget the name but you have a skill that represents ability in a particular sphere of influence. I have never used base magic though.
>>
>>53964160
Cost of Living is just for you, not multi-million dollar vehicles that require maintenance. This is why you spend 8 0 P O I N T S I N P A T R O N.
>>
>>53963961
It sounds pretty good, but it probably wouldn't be allowed in most games anyways. It also still only has the base 100 yrd range. You'll definitely never hit all 300 shots unless you also have an insane skill level, even 10 shots hit will be difficult, but highly effective.
>>
Does Survivable Guns makes trauma plates actually indestructible?
>>
>>53964458
Maybe? I recall that halves damage and adds an armor divisor right?
>>
>>53964614
And plate need to take 10 [think as 3d] damage per 1 DR to break. [or after divisor it should be 0.5 DR]
So average vest with plate have 30 DR.
After AD there 15 DR, while LMG, 7.62mm do 3d+2 pi [per Survivable Guns article]
>>
>>53964101
I mean I wasn't going to go back to 3e as in to -play- 3e, but simply to having to read the 3e books to find what I was looking for.
>>
>>53965038
wut. Isn't plate just semi-ablative? It takes 10 damage (5 with AD) to drop DR by one. It doesn't require one big hit to shatter it; you can (and are usually supposed to) wear it down.
>>
>>53965888
>(5 with AD)
Why?
That means that with AD you do more damage, which actually don't exist, like need doing 10 HP injury instead of 20 to trigger death check for human
>>
>>53966235
No, with AD you tear through armor. That's literally what it does. Having it rip apart (semi)ablative armor faster is consistent in-universe and keeps (Semi)Ablative from being too good for its discount level.
>>
>>53966690
No. Armor Divisors do not affect the rates that semi-ablative and ablative armors decay. ADs only affect final initial DR
>>
>>53967298
Source?
>>
>>53967712
Well, the lack of a "source" seems evident that it's not true. It's not stated anywhere in the basic set, nor have I seen it anywhere else.

If you can provide some source, I'd like to see it.
>>
>>53967905
...On that note, are the forums down for anyone else?
>>
>>53967978
Yeah, I just noticed that too. The whole website is.
>>
File: dr.jpg (215KB, 937x812px) Image search: [Google]
dr.jpg
215KB, 937x812px
>>53966690
And then attack with AD 2 will destroy doubled amount of ablative DR?
This is ridiculous.
Point of S-A DR is destroyed per each full 10 points of rolled damage, and point of A DR per each point of rolled damage.
>>
I'm trying to learn GURPS, but I just can't wrap my head around the point buy system. Why does it take the same amount of points to upgrade two attributes as it does to literally walk on air? I understand that you're meant to limit advantages to what's feasible in your setting, but in a setting where you could do this, why would it be so cheap and accessible?
>>
>>53972664
That's a lot of points that could have gone towards being better at basically every single physical or mental skill, plus a boost to secondary characteristics. A trap that I've seen a lot of newbies fall into is spending points on glitzy stuff and ignoring the fundamentals. Walk on Air IS awesome, but all other thing being equal, higher DX will give it a run for its money as it lets you move first, dodge better, strike more accurately, etc. Even if the GM is liberal with supernatural advantage allowances, I wouldn't seriously consider too many of them until I was decent at my character's niche WITHOUT any of those extra things.
>>
>>53972664
What >>53972885 said. If you blow all your points on all flash and no substances, you end up with a character who can walk on air, sure, but gets beat the fuck up in combat.
>>
>>53972885
>>53972664
This is also part of why I recommend experienced GMs run games without point limits, focusing instead on character concepts, and balancing them by niche and what the PCs can do, instead of just raw point value. Some concepts are just SO much better for their point costs, than others.
>>
>>53972885
Kind of like focusing on your finishing move without any of the build-up for it, huh.
>>
File: autism.png (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
178KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw too lazy to convert all these PDF files to HTML
>>
>>53975217
That's not lazy, that's brilliant. Why be upset that you found a way that's a hundred times as efficient?
>>
File: autism.png (434KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
434KB, 1920x1080px
>>53975648
The brilliance of an idea means nothing if you're too lazy to implement it. I've been playing around with it for months, but I haven't completed even a single Pyramid article.
>>
What's the best way to stat up a penis? Striker with symptom enhancement for pregnancy? Damage could be based off HT instead of ST, and attack with Erotic Art instead of Brawling...
>>
>>53977328
Because of the humanocentric nature of the system, a functioning set of genitals is among the things characters are assumed to have by default. Lacking them or having them be nonfunctional is a 0-point feature or a quirk, depending on circumstances.
>>
For vehicles designed using Spaceships, how much of the mass of a weapons battery is assumed to consist of the turrets and servos and whatnot vs. the weight of the weapons themselves? I'm wondering for putting other weapons in them.
>>
>>53944636
>Those with a criminal past don’t necessarily have any equipment, but it is possible
for them to have drugs, counterfeit money, or other proscribed items.
>other proscribed items.
Prohibited items, I would assume.
>>
>>53978367
pro·scribe /prōˈskrīb/
verb
1. forbid, especially by law: "strikes remained proscribed in the armed forces"

Yes, that would be what proscribed means.
>>
>>53944636
I've added more to it, changed some things, removed some stuff, and even added a section for using the add-on for non-zombie games. It should go under unofficial sourcebooks, but if I label it as homebrew, would it be fine to put in the Lite folder so it's easier to find?

>>53978367
Proscribed means prohibited, just a different way of saying it. Thanks for giving it a read, though. Any other thoughts about it?
>>
How would you stat a limitation to an ability that makes it so it can only be used based on certain limitations?

Something like the idea of gods requiring a maintenance disadvantage in the form of worship to have access to their full abilities, or a wrestler in a campy action game needing the crowd to be hyped up before he can use his signature moves, that kind of concept.
>>
File: Percentage Based.png (37KB, 366x295px) Image search: [Google]
Percentage Based.png
37KB, 366x295px
>>53978460
I suppose the simple, eyeballing method is to add an Accessibility limitation and guess what percentage of the time (on-screen, I suppose) they will and won't have access to their unusual needs. (Table from Power-Ups 8)
>>
>>53977713
Negligible, I'd assume. Aren't there just as many cannons in fixed-point batteries?
>>
>>53978996
Yeah, fair point. I assume those would also need some mechanisms for them to swivel around a little bit but since those still wouldn't be the same I guess they must be negligible. So I can just throw the guns in a pile in a cargo bay and assume they work somehow, as far as design considerations go. Good to know.
>>
>>53978996
Well, negligible compared to the mass of automated stabilized mounts, which probably aren't feather-light either. I'm pretty sure between Vol. 4's SM+4 entries and RF/VRF battery options, you can find something with a similar caliber and damage (RoF will be trickier to scale down) between UT and Spaceships. From there, subtract (UT weapon's mass)*(number of weapons in battery) from the system mass; the difference will be (mounts' mass)*(number of weapons in battery).
>>
How to make guns from scratch?
>>
>>53979298
Usually I just look up an existing gun with a similar caliber and muzzle energy and just use that after modifying as needed.
>>
>>53979298
If you like ray guns, Pyramid #3/37 has an article for making those. If you want firearms that don't resemble real world ones you are sorta out of luck.
>>
File: eiedh-H9hgs.jpg (49KB, 1426x396px) Image search: [Google]
eiedh-H9hgs.jpg
49KB, 1426x396px
I've posted it already on Discord, but check this out. Russian bolt-action wall gun from 1876, firing 20.3x95R cartridge. Acc 4, ST 15B, Shots 1(3i), damage 10d-1 pi++ or 7d(2) pi++ with AP round.
>>
>>53947569
Here (this should display properly).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp374iv07e21fz4/GURPS%20gunpost.md?dl=0

Take specific note of the making turns longer, and thus it takes less turns to reload, and aim & fire can be done in one turn. Also put in spotting enemies.

I have noticed that a lot of players have a kind of video game mindset where combat MUST be constant attacking or they're "wasting" turns.
>>
>>53979481
>>53979344
And what about 3G3—Guns! Guns! Guns!?
I heard there gun building system, but for GURPS 3e
>>
>>53979575
Why 10d instead of 5dx2?
>>
>>53979870
3G3 is p good, I own a copy myself. You just need to keep in mind the differences between 3e and 4e, which aren't really that major.
>>
>>53979870
>>53980020
3G3 doesn't actually make guns for GURPS, though. It uses its own stats, and then has a set of conversion rules for GURPS 3, as well as ones for other systems and a generic set of conversion rules.

GURPS Vehicles has a gun design system, but it's A: 3e, and B: Meant for making vehicle weapons, with the rules for making them handheld relegated to a series of sidebars.
>>
>>53980041
>Meant for making vehicle weapons
It's really more than i want!
>>
Hey, been wondering for awhile but I could never find a clear answer on it, should certain limitations change in the discount they give based upon other aspects of your character?

If I take Backlash: Unconsciousness that gives an HT roll to resist but I have crazy high HT, would I still get the full -100%? If I had a skill of 16 I'd be failing so rarely it'd barely ever come up so it doesn't seem like a limitation.
>>
>>53980455
By RAW, no. As a GM, it's up to preference. It is a bit of an oversigt in my opinion for such things to exist.
>>
>>53980455
>>53980463
You're both wrong. Re-read the rules.
A) t's not -100% limitations can never be more than -80% total and B) if you can resist it then the value is halved. So it'd be -50%.

Buying up HT to mitigate that kind of limitation is kind of silly anyway unless you want to have high HT in the first place. It's not an oversight.
>>
>>53980455
>should certain limitations change in the discount they give based upon other aspects of your character?
They should, but there too many variations, and much of them not obvious

>>53980513
>A) t's not -100% limitations can never be more than -80% total
Limitation can be more than -100%, but you never get more than -80%. Like get bunch of enhacements for +250%, then slap one for -100%, you' ll get total +150%, not +170%
>>
>>53980549

Limitations can't actually be more than -80% each.

You can have enchantments for 250%, and two limitations worth -80% and -80%, for +90%, but you can't actually have one worth -100%
>>
>>53980585
[citation needed]
>>
>>53980585
Powers
For instance, Create (Metal) could have
Metal to Metal, Metal to Earth, or
Earth to Metal for +50% apiece; any
two for +100%; or all three for +150%.
Add -100% if you can only transmute,
not create; if so, you can’t also take
Destruction.

There's precedent for it.
>>
>>53980513
>>53980549
>>53980585
>>53980652
>>53980767
I think it's something like, the final result of the calculation can't be less than 20%?
>>
>>53980585
Immediate Preparation Required, 8 hours is - 90%
>>53980798
Yes, this rule only applies after you add all the enhancements and limitations together.
>>
>>53980652
>>53980767

I was thinking of Temporary Disadvantage, which is hard capped at -80%
>This limitation is worth -1% per point the temporary disadvantages are worth, to a maximum of -80%.
>>
What are the best advantages for making a character more survivable.
>>
>>53982200
Get HT to 14, grab Very Fit, should make it nigh impossible for you to be knocked out or killed, until you reach -5xHP or you get instantly killed by some effect. You could also get Unkillable for virtually the same effect (without the bonus of resisting stuff with high HT and the other stuff that HT does). So it depends on what you're allowed to take.
>>
>>53982294
Anything else? Like for a supers game?
>>
>>53982294
>Very Fit
Waste of points, get Fit and +1 HT instead.
>>
>>53982440
How is Very Fit not worth it?

It's just HT without 1 FP or skills (which there are extremely few of), as well as FP drain reduction.
>>
>>53982404
What kind of super do you want to play? You can survive in so many ways.
>>
>>53982682
Is there a way to buff dodge a ton?

Also how can you make a shapeshifter?
>>
>>53982404
>Anything else?
>for a supers game
IT (damage reduction) on top of DR
>>
>>53982706
Enhanced Dodge as many levels as allowed. By reading the book and looking into the Shapeshifting power (might be called Morph)
>>
>>53982404
rank 3 unkillable(they "you can't fucking die."-rank at 150p) rest on random skills and have a stick. Kill people with time.
>>
>>53983047
Morph doesn't seem to allow changing outside of racial templates, is there anyway to like make a club arm?
>>
>>53983074
Yes, grab Striker with Temporary Disadvantage (One Arm). I think you could use the Modular Abilities advantage to get "points" that you can shift around to become such changes.
>>
>>53983150
>Modular Abilities
There are way to cheap and fast slot change?
>>
>>53983150
Is there no adaption advantage? Do I have to buy modular abilities?
>>
Why Hellboy on sj forums not banned?
>>
>>53983329
What do you mean by adaptation? MA gives you a pool of points you can shuffle around as you see fit, letting you adapt to any situation.

An alternative is Morph with the Improvisation enhancement from GURPS: Powers.
>>
What the hell is up with Growth though?

I just realized that to have growth 8 you need at the least 250 ST (after growing) which costs 480 points alone. Certainly having 250 ST is nice, but that is one hell of a cost, that is a total of 560 points JUST to allow you to use Growth 8.
>>
>>53983329
>>53983608

Another alternative could be to buy 5 different transformation abilities as Alternate Powers of each other.
>>
>>53983623

I've always assumed it's some holdover from older editions or something, it doesn't quite fit, and it is way out of whack.

Clairsentience is another advantage that's extremely expensive, 50 points lets you displace your senses up to 10 yards. If you succeed on an IQ or IQ-5 check and concentrate for a minute.
>>
>>53983765
I feel like Growth at 10 points is fair, but the hidden cost of ST behind it is nuts. Of course if your concept is to be the strongest, Growth 8 for 80 points is a cheap way to get the -80% to ST, but it just seems to be more drawbacks than advantages!
>>
What is the most affective combat strategy assume TL 8, all advantages available, 300 points.

What is the most powerful defensive strategy? Same 300 points
>>
What would be some advantages needed to make a fungus people?
>>
>>53984379
Launch munchkin meme.

Have DR 1 (Cosmic, +50%)
>>
>>53984413
How does cosmic work?
In general I mean.
>>
>>53985099
The advantage breaks a rule or automatically succeeds at/beats things. Details are important. In this specific case, though, I think cosmic DR's only special feature is that it still works against cosmic attacks that ignore DR.
>>
>>53985099

Generally it overrides a specific rule. Cosmic DR, for example, works on things that have the Ignores DR rule going on.
>>
I assume this is one of those questions that gets asked every thread. But could you run a Mech game via GURPS? I have a mighty need to punch giant robots with other giant robots but all the other Mech systems are pretty shit.
>>
>>53985493
>run a Mech game via GURPS?
Through pain&tears.
>>
>>53985154
What if cosmic unstoppable car collides with cosmic immovable wall?
>>
>>53985786
Cosmic and Cosmic cancel out, so DR and damage are calculated normally.

It's not a difficult concept.
>>
What is a good way to get tons of ST cheaply?
>>
>>53985889
SM increase.
>>
>>53985904
Does that boost BM too?
>>
>>53985979
No
>>
Is slamming a legit combat strategy?

What are some advantages that work good with it?
>>
File: Abaziasanvittorefrasassi.jpg (24KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
Abaziasanvittorefrasassi.jpg
24KB, 340x255px
Speaks something against Tech level 1 with medieval fashion and architecture?
>>
>>53986231
With Large Shield.
Weapon Master or Sumo, tons of move, perk for full move calc and Enhanced Move to shrug off FP&HP movement penalty.
At minimum you get with that +5 to dmg and will drop most of targets on asses
>>
>>53986231
>Is slamming a legit combat strategy?
If you cheese
>What are some advantages that work good with it?
DR

The key isn't to charge from afar, the key is to charge from up close, because the rules regarding Slam are borked.
Get a Large Shield or long polearm and the Shoves and Tackles perk, and you're good to go.
You get to add the DB of your shield or range of your polearm (+3) as damage, and the perk gives you +2 damage per die.
Charge from 1 yard away, your Velocity is 1, your ST is 10 or whatever, and you end up doing 1x10/100 = less than 0.25, which gives you 1d-3 damage, +3 from shield, +2 for 1 die.
1d+2 total.
Let's say you're slamming a troll or something. He's big, and has ST 40. Velocity is till 1, 1x40/100 = 0.4, less than 0.5, so he gets 1d-2.

Remember, if you roll more than twice your foe's damage, you knock him down AUTOMATICALLY, and for 1d+2 VS 1d-2 the odds are strongly in your favor. You could even All-Out (Strong) Slam from 1 yard away and beat down a dragon or something with this method.
>>
>>53985493
Basic is meh, but the system has improved a lot over the decade that's passed since its initial release. There's the Modular Mecha issue of Pyramid, another Pyramid article dedicated to fuckhuge fist fights that uses something more elegant than d-scale, and a few other things that escape me at the moment.
>>
>>53985493
With fairly minimal effort, yeah. GURPS tends towards realism though, so you'll have to put in a lot of work if you don't want to end up with gritty "two hits and you're out" mecha.
>>
>>53986231
>Is slamming a legit combat strategy?
Shield rush is much better way to get up close and personal than Move and Attack - no penalty, no skill cap, and you have chance to knock them on their asses.
>>
>>53986564
That being said, those same issues make it a natural fit for shit like VOTOMS
>>
>>53986613
Spending 1 FP can get rid of the penalties of a M&A
>>
So if you have a wildcard skill but want to improve one skill within it (say, you have Guns! but want to specifically be good with rifles), how does that work cost/level-wise - does the wildcard affect it at all, or do you just buy it normally from base DX?
>>
>>53987563
You buy up GUNS! Wildcard skills have very few drawbacks, but this is one of them.
>>
Simple synopsis for Grimwyrd after action report

>Guilt
>Determination
>Defiance
>Rest
>Surprise
>Compassion
>Regret
>Horror
>>
File: 1454533094014.jpg (281KB, 502x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454533094014.jpg
281KB, 502x800px
>>53988434
More in depth

>>Guilt
Ulm asked them about the Happening over breakfast. They danced around admitting they blew everything up. Ulm let bygones be bygones.
>>Determination
They left their militia to mind the refugees and set out
>>Defiance
They encountered a elf made demonic totem to a horned six armed God. They blew it up
>>Rest
Camped at the side of the road where session 1 (!) Ended
>>Surprise
A pair of wizards gate in on them unawares in the night! A torrent of blood follows the two hapless men into their midst
>>Compassion
They let the men explain themselves and don't open fire immediately. The one, Rolf, closes the gate behind them. The other, Simon, seems shellshocked.
>>Regret
Rolf is apparently a defector and is escaping High Lord Jadeite to help the South from his takeover! Something to do with all the evil juju floating about
>>Horror
Rolf realizes in his escape from the Capital that the men he took with him we're destroyed by the portal he made with his dark powers, and he faints. Simon is already gibbering.
The party collectively grimace and sigh.
>>
>>53987563
A GM could allow a player to treat specialties within a Wildcard skill as techniques that start at a default equal to the level in the skill, but can be increase to up to +4. It should be limited, however, to prevent players from buying techniques up instead of the base skill.
>>
Are TLs for (non-ultra tech) equipment intended to be what's possible to make using the given technology base, or only what was made during the corresponding stretch of history? I'm trying to figure out what's so high tech about flanged maces that TL1 bronze-smiths could only make round ones...
>>
>>53990497
Bronze is kinda bendy compared to iron so flanges wouldn't last too long.
>>
>>53990497
Flanged maces, like war picks, were developed to deal with plate armor. Without metal plate armor, there's little reason to make flanged maces.
>>
>>53990650
Iron is bendier than bronze. Steel is less bendy than bronze.
>>
>>53990702
Lacking +1 damage makes 'em pretty unappealing next to axes, though, where I'd like to see them used on account of thinking maces are cool.
>>
>>53990702
Most of those weapons date to chainmail, and are far more effective at countering mail then plate.

Plate armor was at it's most common when the weapons of war were the pike, gun, sword and polearms like bills and glaves.
>>
>>53988552
>Teleport portals

Fucking awesome!

>Drive you insane, powered by human sacrifice.

Goddamn it.
>>
>>53991468
I guess my armchair historian credentials aren't worth the paper they're not printed on.
>>
>>53977460
I think he means a floating, living dong
>>
How would you run a black crusade game in gurps?
>>
>>53992301
I wouldn't. Black crusade has a perfectly workable system, and GURPS is fiddly as all hell. Why would I fiddle with GURPS when a perfectly fine alternative already exists?
>>
>>53992418
Not that guy, but a related question: How do Black Crusade and the other 40k roleplaying games maintain the distinctive balance between people with crazy melee weapons and people with crazy guns that is characteristic of the setting, and how could GURPS be tweaked to emulate that specific aspect if possible? I say "balance" in the sense that tons of people in the setting use either or both and they fight each other on an at least comparable footing.
I'll note, because for some reason this kind of question always gets bogged down on it, that realism, here, is of almost no concern to me compared to gameability and internal consistency.
>>
Where can I find stats for very small creatures like spiders and mice? I'd like to have a point of reference for making things with low size modifiers.
>>
>>53993831
Pyramid 3-34 "when we were very small" article
>>
>>53992900
It's really hard to do the "orc with axe vs guy in power armor" fights 40k specializes in when you are in a RPG. I'd note that Black Crusade, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader and Dark Hersey mostly get around this by failing totally to account for it.

A marine in power armor can't be hurt by orc boyz, nobz, massed lasgun fire and is only barely able to be hurt by heavy bolters or power swords.

>>53992900

If you want to do it game wise, I'd hand out melee weapons with an armor divisor of (10) or so. Orc boyz and flak-armored guardsmen should be around DR 30, while Space Marines should get DR 80 or so.

An orc with an axe might do 2d+3(10) Cut damage, and thus be a threat even to a space marine with 80 DR, but his mediocre skills and DX means a marine can cut though a lot of them.
>>
>>53995191
>DR 30
You do realize that there is already a body armor of DR 40 in existence?
>>
>>53995599
40k isn't exactly realistic.
>>
>>53995772
But, well even if it is high-tech fantasy in space, there for sure should be more advanced weaponry and armory than in last century...
>>
>>53995806
There should be, but for some stupid reason people still run around with melee weapons.
>>
>>53995833
>stupid reason people still run around with melee weapons
At most on levels above than city thugs, much of them are chain-sword, -axe, -cestus and their psi-powered plasma-blade analogue.
While space elves have monomolecular blades, orks have wierd science mumbo-jumbo sharp sticks, and zergs have tooth&nail.
And main users of melee weaponry [boyz, banshees, zergs, airborne troops, daemons], in most are incredibly strong, fast, nimble and tough enough to run into close combat, while others usually prefer shoot until run out of ammo or enemy get close.
>>
Can you do mass battle in GURPS? Like just have a whole swarm of mooks charge in against a single hero? You know, without having to roll a million d6s for it?
>>
>>53997539
There's Mass Combat, a pdf dedicated to this, but it's a bit... ehh. Good for abstract stuff but meh otherwise. That being said, there is an article that converts individuals into Mass Combat elements, so it is a way to go full Dynasty Warriors if you want. When it came out, we converted a 400-point legendary swordsman to MC through the article, and the resulting element has enough strength to take on something like 100 standard infantry warriors by themselves, which means the article worked in my book.

However, you may want to look at Zombies instead, as it talks about a few ways to handle massive hordes at the tactical level in ways that doesn't require rolling a million d6s, and it's quite easy to convert these horde and mob rules into squads and even legions as long as everyone has the same gear (for teams of different specialists, run them as individual NPCs). Maybe have leaders' Leadership or Tactics skill give training bonuses to their unit's attacks, like Karate's bonus damage?
>>
>>53998161
Thank. I'll give them a look.
>>
>>53995599
40k is World War One Space Magic Fantasy Time. Guardsmen flak armor is noted as being sort of shit and provides limited protection, even from their semi-automatic "laser" guns.

>>53996012
A conscript squad with axes, swords and clubs can kill marines.
>>
How would you stat a fungus people?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>53943919
Anyone have alternate crit tables more in line with the crit tables from something like Rollmaster or Dark Heresy? Right now crits are kind of boring.
>>
Are there any advantages that scale exponentially?
>>
>tfw you want to play a GURPS adventure where the party starts out as a gang of 20-point kids and ends as 500-point legendary heroes, but everyone you know just wants to play more D&D, very few even know what GURPS is, they'd force you to run it even if you ever managed to pitch the idea through, and it'd probably die a couple sessions in anyway
>>
What's the best GURPS splatbook?
>>
>>54002459
Bio-Tech
>>
>>54002459
Martial Arts.
>>
>>54002459
The Dungeon Fantasy series.
>>
>>54002459
Tactical Shooting, but the Tech books come a close second.
>>
Say if I had 600 points to spend, would it be smart to add 40 to ST and HT? Could it be a viable super?
>>
>>54003757
If you assume I have 150 points for skills as well.

Would it be smarter to have ST 40 DX 20 HT 20 ?
>>
File: Ff8TCOY.jpg (185KB, 736x860px) Image search: [Google]
Ff8TCOY.jpg
185KB, 736x860px
Could you heal someone like this with modern tech?
>>
>>54004690
Yes.
>>
>>54004690
Pretty sure you can't heal destroyed bone, in case it's not broken, you can heal it with even in-age tools if the animals haven't destroyed you too hard.
>>
>>54004690
Four broken / dislodged limbs? Sure, even if the bones are shattered.
The state of decay when carrions start taking their choice picks? Not really.
>>
>>54003757
>40 HT
Unnecessary fucking overkill; I don't even know what 40 HT would look like. The 40/20/20 split is a lot better. 20/20/20/20 would make you a renaissance superman that's just better than normal people at basically everything and capable of anything.
>>
>>54004823
Do you think it would be cheesy to spend 60 points on a talent(everything) with the 20 20 20 20 character?
>>
>>54005399
Let me tell you a secret about GURPS: Your GM has to approve your character. If they allow it, it's not too cheesy. So you should be asking your GM about this.
>>
>>54005399
Literally cannot exist by the rules as written (or as intended for that matter). That's like saying "Is it cheesy to buy DX 40 and Shortsword-60 for 5 points?"
>>
>>54006095
>13 or more skills
>15 points per level
Technically it works, since everything is more than 13, so by raw yea.
>>
>>54006359
By RAW, yeah, but good luck convincing the GM to approve it.
>>
>>54006359
Huh, egg on my face, then, thought the rules were like 13-15 skills was [15/level]. It's still ridiculous to think any GM would accept that (barring outliers like the Jack of All Trades talent, which is its own thing), but yeah, you are right and it's not disallowed RAW due to how malleable GURPS aims to be.
>>
>>54006409
I mean if you characters thing is being good at everything, that's kind of tame for a supers game. Other dudes are flying around or shooting things.
>>
>>54006525
Yeah, but having 20 in each stat, and then every. Skill. In. The. Game. is just uninspired and boring for a supers game.
>>
>>54006596
Well, if you're going around in the company of flying bricks and espers and wizards and aliens, I guess you could be Batman?
>>
>>54006626
Batman doesn't have skills in guns tho. Or parents.
>>
>>54006525
Supers instead has those sorts of characters have a number of very broad Wildcard skills. At the Attribute-2 level for only 6 points per Wildcard, it's arguably more cost efficient seeing as no-skills-only-talents starts you off at attribute-5 or worse AND a number of important skills straight-up don't have defaults.
>>
How do I make a very versatile character?
>>
>>54007077
High DX, IQ, and Jack of All Trades?
>>
>>54007207
What book is jack of all trades in?
>>
>>54007214
...fuck I can't remember. But you'll still want to look into Talents and Modular Abilities regardless. I'm trying to find JoAT, but I think I may be remembering the wrong name for an advantage that reduces defaults.
>>
If you had to make a super soldier using gurps how would you do it? Preferably using as little points as possible
>>
>>54007214
>>54007305
Power-Ups Talents
>>
>>54007305
It's in PU:Talents. It's +1 DX, IQ, and HT, but only on default skill rolls; if you have any level of training (i.e. 1 or more points in the skill) JoAT doesn't apply.
>>
>>54007422
>>54007418
Danke

Yeah, for a very versatile character you want some combination of Jack of All Trades, Wild Talent, Talents, and possibly Modular Abilities.
>>
>>54007416
What TL? How "super" are we talking?
>>
>>54007416
I've statted delta operators for 300 points.
>>
>>54007580
12^ people
How super is up to you
>>
File: highlight.png (1MB, 1944x2012px) Image search: [Google]
highlight.png
1MB, 1944x2012px
>>53991489
Technically, it's really not powered by the human sacrifice. The gate magic is pretty common (in the fact that it can be used by any Mage with sufficient talent, and they invest in the power) and the Academy of Wizards in Greyhold had a pretty solid grasp on the mechanics of it, thaumatologically speaking. Problem is recently, there is this puncture in the veil of reality, (more like a wall missing, really) and The Darkness is seeping back in. The Fae are also bleeding through the greener edges, but the demons and eldritch horrors of the all knowing-encompassing-and-destroying Abyss that is The Darkness kinda trumps their activities.

The party have spent a long time fighting back the evils of the world, and the tainted suffering souls of those corrupted by bad choices and terrible fates. These wizards who accidentally mulched their friends in a long distance gate spell are just the most recent victims.

Grimwyrd Player spoilers:
They really just need to get some research time in, or some downtime where they can hone their skills. A ton of their lives as PCs has been a bunch of grabass point purchases on top of a vaguely defined background document on magic. Gray has been investing in the spirit magic, and Syviis in the holy storm, but man, nobody else seems to want to dip into ~dark powers~
>>
File: half-sword.jpg (25KB, 409x267px) Image search: [Google]
half-sword.jpg
25KB, 409x267px
Are there rules for holding a sword by the blade and using the hilt to attack? Like the figure on the right.
>>
>>54009211
Wield the sword with the Two-Handed Axe/Mace skill at a -2 to -4 penalty as appropriate for an improvised weapon. I'd eyeball it at around sw+2 to +3 cr. The big think is that it allows the Hook technique.
>>
>>54009211
2h Axe/mace skill with -1 - -3 penalty with pick or mace stats, and possibly with defensive grip effects.
>>
If a tech level 12^ society existed, what genetic modifications would they have?

What would the citizens be like through decades of genetic modifications, and evolution? Assume they have robots as the menial workers, and started as close too human.
>>
>>53944024
I just got some people who liked skyrim and tried an elder scrolls thing out.
>>
>>54009935
I think we need more information to speculate, since, as far as I can tell, TL12^ without qualifications basically amounts to "literally anything imaginable is possible."
>>
This isn't quite GURPS specific, but that's the system I'm working with.
My question is about your settings.
How do you make original and interesting settings?
In particular, I'm asking about cultures, or if you have any methods you like to use to make many different cultures or nations, or what-have-you.

For my own setting, TL3 heading into TL4 (with some fantasy but not a lot of magic) I was thinking of going through the skill list, and picking a few skills that each culture respects above the rest, and building them from there.
Clumsily trying to explore what cultures would bloom around what skills being the core of their identity.
>>
>>54010305
>original and interesting
First thing to realize is that original and interesting are not the same thing. I prefer to focus on good execution over originality.

Other than that, Dr. Zahir's Ethnographical Questionnaire is a good start ( http://www.frathwiki.com/Dr._Zahir%27s_Ethnographical_Questionnaire ). The worldbuilding general has a lot of good advice, too. GURPS itself also has the GURPS Fantasy book, which also has plenty of good advice. I also recommend the Kobold Guide to Worldbuilding.
>>
>>54010508
Thank you very much
>>
>>54010305
With GURPS, I suggest people try going with real world settings with some fantastic elements. You'd be amazed how much millage you can get out of 980CE Bavaria as a setting for a game, adding a mix of local legends and your own ideas.
>>
>>54009004
So not so much powered by human sacrifice as rabid hyenas on cocaine covered in gasoline.

I guess a certain amount of "fuck oops people died" is expected?
>>
File: 250px-Hilt_Strike.gif (2MB, 250x137px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Hilt_Strike.gif
2MB, 250x137px
>>54009211
>>54009716
>>54009710

I'd note that improvised weapon isn't really right here. This is a valid use of the weapon, and one that was part of it's manual of arms.

I'd allow it per the "turning your blade" rules on page 401 basic set. Just swaps the swing/cut to swing/crush.

Or just as a stylish finisher to a fight.
>>
>>54012079
>Just swaps the swing/cut to swing/crush
What would be the point of doing it against armored opponents? As per Low Tech (Blunt Trauma and Edged Weapons, LT102), cut damage that fails to penetrate twice the DR is treated as crush damage, or am I wrong?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a condition where swapping cut to crush is an advantage.
>>
>>54012235
Some armors, like mail, provide less damage resistance against crushing attacks than they do against other forms of damage. (I assume that's meant to be checked for before, and not after, Blunt Trauma and Edged Weapons is applied, but I have no proof.)
>>
>>54012079
Yes, and this is what defensive grip is.
>warrior using a Defensive Grip has his weapon firmly in front of him in two hands. He holds a two-handed weapon, like a staff, across his body. For any weapon, this grip gives +1 to parry attacks from the front but an extra -1 to parry attacks from the side (for a net -3; see Defending Against Attacks from the Side, p. B390).
>A warrior with a sword of any kind can instead opt to place a hand just behind the tip, as part of his Ready to a Defensive Grip or using a later Ready.The rules above apply for everything except reach and damage: regardless of the sword, reach drops to C (“close combat only”) and damage becomes thrust impaling – or thrust crushing, if blunt. Swung attacks are impossible. This allows superior point control, removing -2 from the penalty to target chinks in armor, cumulative with any similar benefit the weapon grants.
>>
>>54012235
>>54012300
>Why on armor?

Generally, you wouldn't. The 'turn your blade' thing is typically used when you don't want to kill someone.

Off the top of my head though..

Your GM might allow it as a dirty trick / unfamiliar attack form. This would give a target that doesn't spot it coming or know about mordhau a penalty to their defense. It's often worth breaking away from what is strictly optimal if you can catch an enemy off guard.

You really don't want to hit your sword's edge on something. A guy with really hard armor that might break your blade or something.

You just rolled enough damage to kill the enemy and end a fight and you want to describe doing something stylish.
>>
>>54012079
No, it is appropriate to apply an improvised weapon penalty because you're having one weapon serve double duty as another; no amount of purpose-built design is going to make a blade as easy or as comfortable to grasp as a thick, solid actual handle. There are designs that facilitate this sort of grip, though, with sections of the blade being thicker, unsharpened, sporting "hilts" of its own, etc. This is why I gave a range of attack penalties: purpose-built design can help mitigate the difficulties (but, as I said earlier, cannot remove them).
>>
>>54013417
>Generally, you wouldn't. The 'turn your blade' thing is typically used when you don't want to kill someone.
It's the complete opposite. The murderstroke is used when you want to kill somebody who is wearing armor.

Well, actually there's a bit of controversy as to exactly what the murderstroke was for (hitting, hooking and wrenching, etc.), but it definitely was taught as part of the process for killing somebody in armor.

>>54013436
Thing is, it's not "using the sword as a mace" but more a technique of using the sword. Attack penalty would be appropriate, but changing the skill to Mace probably wouldn't.
>>
>>54013471
That's like having pistol whipping, bayonet thrusts, and strikes with the butt of a rifle just use Guns instead of Brawling/Spear/Staff, or attacking with Writing because your chosen weapon is a pencil. It is a different skill entirely.
>>
>>54013535
>>54013471
Wait, now that I think about it, what about a Perk? There's already one, Clinch, that lets you use a specific Wrestling move with Boxing new use the two are often seen together, so we have precedent.
>>
>>54013535
>It is a different skill

The manual of arms and training for a mace would never teach a person how to do it, so your point sucks.

Longsword fighting isn't just swinging it while holding the grip firmly in two hands. It includes using the weapon's other surfaces to hurt someone, ways to use it as a leverage tool and adjusting your grip to strike in different ways.

Also..

>That's like having pistol whipping, bayonet thrusts, and strikes with the butt of a rifle just use Guns instead of Brawling/Spear/Staff

No, it's not. You are either being disingenuous or are an idiot if you can't see how "different ways to hold and strike with a melee weapon" are one skill but marksmanship and close combat are different skills.
>>
>>54013535
>>54013568
Except using a ranged weapon in melee uses a completely different set of skills while the murderstroke uses the same skills as all the other sword fighting techniques, and is taught as part of a swordsman's training. It's not an improvised or separate technique, it appears in a lot of sword fighting manuals and was pretty common in its time. Also, a murderstroke is not quite the same as using a mace or a pick and can then transition into grapples, for example, thus it makes more sense as a technique as opposed to using a different skill.

Also there's precedent, since when you switch to Defensive Grip, you're still using your regular skill instead of changing to Staff or something (unless you want to), even if you're using a spear or polearm.

Although now that you mention Clinch, Wrestling and using the sword for leverage is also a large part of armored sword fighting, so that could come in there (although it's kinda pointless since any decent swordsman would have Wrestling at a high level).
>>
>>54013671
>>54013689
I feel that you're confusing skills for styles. Styles contain a number of skills beyond the core skill with the main weapon, especially grappling skills but really any that were taught beside it.
>>
>>54013689
Could make it a Technique.

Murderstroke, Defaults to Broadsword or Two Handed Sword -2.

Ready action to take in the grip. Can't make normal attacks but you can swing for the weapon's normal damage as crushing and can use it to Hook enemies. Counts as a "new way to die" to unfamiliar opponents and might net a defense penalty.
>>
>>54013789

>Using a rifle for automatic fire? LMG skill
>Using a rifle for semi-automatic fire? Rifle skill.
>Using a rifle with a bipod? Better use the Gunner skill.
>>
>>54013846
Yeah, because pulling the trigger vs holding it down is TOTALLY the same as swinging your weapon vs turning it upside down and whacking them with the handle. On that note, that's literally what rifle butt strikes are, and THOSE use different skills despite being taught together back in the day.

Also, speaking of striking with handles, does hitting someone with the basket hilt of a weapon while holding it normally call for a roll vs the weapon skill or a striking skill? It's the striking skill (p. MA111), because punching someone with a hilt requires a totally different set of motions that swinging a sword at them.

To recap:
>Punching someone with a sword held in a normal grip? Different skill.
>Striking with the butt of a rifle, which was a standard maneuver taught alongside shooting for a long time? Different skill.
>Flipping your sword upside-down to swing like a pick, a maneuver niche enough that most non-HEMA, non-hobby enthusiasts don't even know about? HURRR SAME SKILL
>>
>>54013999
>a maneuver niche enough
You're being disingenuous. The murderstroke was in no way niche back when people actually fought armored opponents with swords, it was part of the standard repertoire of sword fighting. What the modern enthusiasts know or don't know is completely irrelevant.

The point is that the muderstroke cannot be Mace/Axe since performing it is a different skill than hitting someone with a Mace and because it is a standard part of most sword fighting styles. It is a sword technique, thus it should belong to the sword skills.
>>
>>54014026
The sword skill overall is a lot more broad and involved than mace or axe or spear. Instead of being just about smashing or chopping or thrusting, a good sword wielder is expected to be able to do all of them and a whole lot more to boot.

The sword difficulty level should be a lot higher than with the other weapons. Hard and easy, respectively, instead of them all being just average.
>>
>>54014026
>it is a standard part of most sword fighting styles
Nigga so was grappling! That doesn't make Wrestling a part of Two-Handed Sword! You're even using the word "style." It IS part of the style, but not the core weapon skill; include 2H Axe/Mace in the martial arts style.

And please explain
>the muderstroke cannot be Mace/Axe since performing it is a different skill than hitting someone with a Mace
Because I'm not understanding it at all. Are you saying it's not 2H Axe/Mace because it's not 2H Axe/Mace? That is circular logic that gets us nowhere. Are you saying that swinging a weapon with a good portion of the mass centered on the strikikng head while holding the weapon with hands apart is closer to 2H Sword than 2H Axe/Mace? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.
>>
>>54011870
When a hell dimension is bleeding into reality, yeah, the critical fail table gets rolled on quite a bit
>>
>>54014122
I'm saying that swinging a 2 handed mace and doing a murderstroke are not equivalent, and in fact somebody who was good a using the mace or the axe wouldn't know how to perform a proper murderstroke at all, but someone who trained with the sword and had never picked up a mace would be perfectly capable of performing it in combat.

Your main mistake is that you think that all the murderstroke is is just grabbing your sword by the blade and swinging.

Your other mistake is that you assume that the murderstroke wasn't a core component of sword fighting but somehow a separate, rarely used improvised move done once in a blue moon.
>>
When striking with the butt end of a SPEAR or HALBERD requires a separate skill, there is no reason to think that mordhaus use Two-Handed Sword over Two-Handed Axe/Mace.
>>
>>54014179
The difference is that Staff defaults to Spear or Polearm while Axe/Mace doesn't default to any sword skill.
>>
>>54014234
Goddamn, you must be fun at parties
>>
File: IMG_0025.jpg (207KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.jpg
207KB, 1440x810px
>>54014234
Dude, how long are you going to keep this up? When punching with a sword uses Brawling, thrusting with a fixed bayonet uses Spear, striking with a spear's non-pointy bit uses Staff, and using the same weapon in one hand or two means different skills, it should be obvious that using a versatile weapon calls for a versatile skill set and that Skill=/=Style. Highly trained swordsmen had a BREADTH of skills beyond just the sword; they learned Wrestling, Knife, Brawling, and, yes, Two-Handed Axe/Mace, along with many others. To argue otherwise is to play down just how much their training encompassed.
>>
>>54014350
"It's hard to win an argument with expert on the subject.
It's damn near impossible to win an argument against a fucking moron"
>>
>>54014350
I agree, this needs to stop. This guy >>54013794 got it right a while ago.

But for the sake of argument, let's talk about Defensive Grip, which can be used with a sword by holding it in close to yourself (half-swording) similarly to a staff. When using this grip, you can Parry at +1 and you can attack with it like you would with a staff, by slamming. However, there's enough difference between a sword and a staff that you don't use the Staff skill in any of these cases.

If we followed your argument, then I'd have to use the Staff skill when using a sword in Defensive Grip.

My argument on this point is not that a swordsman wouldn't learn Axe/Mace or Staff or Wrestling or whatever, they obviously would.

My point is, and I need you to read this part very carefully: The usage of a sword to do a murderstroke is different enough from the usage of a 2H Axe/Mace to hit someone that it makes no sense to use the Axe/Mace skill for this particular instance. To argue otherwise is to play down just how specialized certain sword techniques are.
>>
Tips for making your own advantages?
>>
>>54014713
Eyeball it and base them off existing advantages as much as possible. Remember that cost isn't JUST a measurement of utility or power but also how much it strays from the human norm and how difficult it is for the GM to handle it.

What, specifically, are you thinking of? If the thread 404s before you get an answer, feel free to re-ask in the next one.
>>
>>54014783
I need to make a summoner advantage that grows exponentially compared to the players
>>
>>54014810
Like actually exponentially? Not just "grows faster than the PC"?
>>
>>54014942
More like starts at 75 and doubles 6 times to a max point total of 2400
It starts at 15 points and each double costs 10 points.
>>
>>54015032
Well, it seems you've already got the pricing down. Is this going to be a standard thing all the PCs have?
>>
>>54015048
Yea cause summoners are extremely powerful(as you might guess), but not individually
Most will have a 150 point summon, which costs 25 points, to start with a higher level one you will have to have a unusual background cost(40 points) as being a fully fledged summoner off the bat is extreme to say the least

All players will start with 125 points
>>
>>54009935
I'd suggest looking into the Culture. For most people, it's as you describe and enhancements and forms are to some degree 'whatever they want' - IIRC people can go multiple-limbed, or winged, or even have a completely alien body if they want, and as a baseline people have a whole host of improvements that let them subtly alter things as needed - the example I remember is being able to change what gravity level you're adapted to in preparation for going on a high-gravity world.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.