[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your humble opinions what would be the best system to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_omtow9O4Vf1r5a4m8o10_400.gif (520KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omtow9O4Vf1r5a4m8o10_400.gif
520KB, 300x300px
In your humble opinions what would be the best system to use to run a Super Sentai/Kamen Rider themed campaign?
>>
inb4 GURPS, DnD 3.pf, FATE, and FATAL
>>
Astrayman: Majinaru Tai
>>
Mutants and Masterminds could work. I played a Kamen Rider-esque character in one of the Mutants and Masterminds campaigns I've played in.
>>
>>53941715
>FATE
Not kidding, Fate would be best. It allows for customizing to all of your needs AND you can do one thing that Sentai and KR do well: character growth and interaction between characters.

As long as your players can see the game as building a story instead of self-inserting, then everything should be fine.
>>
>>53940087
Legends of the Wulin would work nicely.
>>
>>53944757
Came here to post this. Or that other one, what was that rules light system called. Wuxia?
>>
Strike! works pretty well if you have a taste for tactical combats with special moves sort of stuff.

>>53944897
Wushu. There's also Feng Shui.
>>
>>53941715
>DnD 3.pf
I agree it isn't the best system, but after seeing a few of the classes from pathfinder, I've thought it would be hilarious if a group of players conspired to play an aegis, synthesis summoner and alchemist, and surprised their DM with the fantasy toku campaign he was suddenly running.
>>
>>53945498
There's also the Vigilante and the Chosen One Paladin and the, errr... I don't remember what it's called, that Witch archetype that can merge with the familiar, and barbarian/bloodrager rages can come with physical change.

Could totally play Tokusatsu in PF, if you didn't mind that you are playing PF.

Then again, Legend has a Vigilante track which can be applied to any class, and isn't actually shit, so maybe you could give that a go instead.
>>
>>53944757
>>53944897

I was actually planning on running a KR game in LotW- Kamen Rider Mythic Edge, where the rider belts were created from various mythical weapons and the initial villain group was The Menagerie, who had been re-creating various mythological monsters.

Sadly the game fell through before it could really get started, but I really like the lore and planning I had ready for it. A big part of it was Excalibur- Yes, it existed, they had it... And they locked up in the deepest, darkest vault they had. Because if anyone was capable of using it, it mean mankinds darkest hour was upon them. They could only hope that the Once and Future King would never return to reclaim his blade.

Aside from all that, LotW deserves the standard caveats of 'fantastic system, awful core book, shitty editing, way harder to learn and use than it has any right to be'.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.