[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you handle a football rpg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0915.jpg (39KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0915.jpg
39KB, 590x350px
How would you handle a football rpg?
>>
>>53933608
You cant unless you're the goalkeeper
>>
>>53933657
Um, but how do I do a throw in?
>>
Make it a LARP session
>>
>>53933686
Fernando is too fat for that though.
>>
>>53933608
This guy looks like an elf
>>
>>53933608
Hell ya bale is the shit! Nice tastes sir
>>
>>53933608
>Divegrass
>>
>>53933608
Like football manager.

Party take up different roles within the team and management, captain, manager , star player , marketer etc and go from there. Games a mixture of interpersonal drama and the daily management and training of a team.
>>
>>53933608
>>
File: firetornadodt.gif (3MB, 384x209px) Image search: [Google]
firetornadodt.gif
3MB, 384x209px
>>53933608
By going full anime with it
>>
>>53933608

High octane pulp football

>interpersonal drama with asshole primadonna NPC teammates, dastardly opponents, and crazy footballer's wives
>flamboyant managers and owners doing drastic shit
>match fixing cartel shenanigans
>hooligans
>media scandals

Playing out the actual footy games might be tough. I mean, I can easily simulate it mechanically but to make it fun, snappy and fit inside a reasonable IRL time frame is a lot harder. Seems like it would probably be best to gloss over a lot of the NPC play and make it more like a highlights programme. Only roll out what directly affects the player characters, and just use a really simple random table (or plain GM fiat) for the rest.
>>
>>53933608
like the fifa career mode
>>
>>53933608
By spending the entire thing fucking Ronaldo.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (514KB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
514KB, 2048x1280px
>>53933608
All the players have 3 con and fucking cry like little bitches whenever they slip and fall while the women players slide on fields made of razor wire and break their noses and keep playing

Alternatively, I play game about real football and leave poverty hackysack to the arabs, spaniards, africans and their culturally enriched neighbors
>>
Make the rules insanely different in America, but keep the name
>>
>>53933608

I haven't been able to find an initiative/tactical system that models sports well. How do actual spots games like Blood Bowl manage it?
>>
>>53937324
It's actually called football in the US becuase it is descended from the same game that modern association football was
>>
>>53933608
>football
Why do you have a soccer picture?
>>
>>53939789
Blood Bowl is a bit of an outlier because the action in American Football is already separated out into discrete chunks, making it easy to split into game turns.

If I wanted to write rules for miniatures soccer I'd do something like Arty Conliffe's Crossfire, where as long as you had the initiative you could keep moving the ball and players, but everything you did would give your opponent a chance to steal it away from you and seize the initiative for himself
>>
>>53940161
"Soccer" is just a short hand for "Association" in Association Football
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.