[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Story General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 35

File: c4rd4r7_AauMpY84d4.jpg (106KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_AauMpY84d4.jpg
106KB, 850x500px
"Insecticons, attack!" edition

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hour-glory-2017-06-21

>half way through the hours
>still no fucking Bolas

If his card hadn't been spoiled already I would half expect Rick Astley to be the last thing to emerge from the gate to the afterlife.
>>
I think it is taking a very melancholic turn what with the gods discovering they have all been deceived. Today's was mostly an action piece but those little snippets of Rhonas's mind were a nice touch.

I'm still thinking "Oketra's Last Mercy" is the saddest card name they've produced in a long time.
>>
Scorpion God is one badass motherfucker, when he ripped the snek apart while saying "Nah Nah Nigga"
>>
>No Bolas

Why hasn't Chandra simply burned the evil gods away? These ones aren't even Eldrazi Titans.
>>
>>53928317
For all she's accomplished on Amonkhet, she may as well have stayed with her mom and sit this adventure out.
>>
>>53928367
You say that, but she's probably gonna roast some locusts soon. I feel like they are using the insect gods as pseudo eldrazi titans, to be defeated by the gatewatch and be "see guise teamwork is stronger than gods" while selling more nissas. Then Bolas comes and wrecks them to sell Archenemy
>>
Where's the Jacetice League during all this?
>>
File: IMG_3537.png (182KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3537.png
182KB, 265x370px
>>53928290
>tfw you butt-rape a God so hard it severs the ley lines of an old walker and kills the victim
>>
>>53928195
I find it quite ironic that Amonkhet has produced more emotion than the entirety of Kaladesh's supposed moral conflicts. Naktamun is a Paradise Lost allegory if I ever saw one, but still quite entertaining.
>>
>>53928460
Kaladesh, along with all artifact blocks was a mistake.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_6E9Of7XiAz.jpg (99KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_6E9Of7XiAz.jpg
99KB, 850x500px
Spoil me that Scarab God already WOTC
>>
>>53928503
Calling it now, he has something to do with eternalize or similar GY mechanic
>>
>>53928541
As long as it's not mill. I'm so sick of UB's only identity being mill
>>
>>53928457
I think fighting Razaketh.
>>
>>53928541
>>53928568
Nah, he's going to have something like "Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may put a -1/-1 counter on it."

That way, having out all three gods together draws you an arbitrary numbers of cards.
>>
File: 13658395964.jpg (193KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
13658395964.jpg
193KB, 1200x675px
>>53928033
How was Rhonas able to die? each of the gods have indestructible. story wise this always means, hard to kill.

Will these new gods be impossible to deal with due to their ability to keep coming back from the dead?
>>
It feels there isn't much to talk about with regards to this story. I liked it, but it was over sooner than I expected.

However, I'm predicting a difference in the story cards, because during Amonkhet like 2 stories contained 2 story cards each, but with Hour of Devastation it looks like it will just be the hours and every weeks it shows another card.
>>
>>53928747
-1/-1 counters are scorp god's thing, and "Hour of Glory" exiles
>>
File: IMG_7577.png (441KB, 919x869px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7577.png
441KB, 919x869px
I don't want to see Hazoret or Oketra die. Especially not Hazoret.
>>
>>53928791
There are five Story Spotlight cards and four Hours. If card five is Samut's Victory or some shit we riot.
>>
File: IMG_3539.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3539.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>53929391
I'm pretty sure the last story spotlight card is hour of devastation
>>
So what's the point of Amonkhet if Bolas is just destroying everything? I thought he was going to harvest the gods once they were pumped full of souls, but he apparently had three of his own the whole time.
>>
>>53929391
You just know Samut is going to save some of the people so the plain can rebuild, causes she's a strong independent black women who needs no Dragon God Pharaoh
>>
>>53929739
>I thought he was going to harvest the gods once they were pumped full of souls

I don't know what Amonkhet you're thinking of (even though it sounds interesting), but Nicol Bolas wants to create an undead army called the Eternals that are covered in lazotep and look more like skeletons, and he only kept the mono colored gods to help them train the soon to be dead "worthy"

Now that he doesn't need the 5 mono colored gods, he's sending his 3 Gods he captured long ago to kill the others and just board wipe the crap out of everything
>>
>>53928033
could amonkhet have been made from old phyrexia's remains?
>>
>>53929821

As long as I don't have to see her after this set, I don't care.
>>
>>53929826
>wants to create an undead army called the Eternals
But for what purpose?
>>
>>53928460

Well, the villain in Kaladesh were Bad Boss Tezzeret and Bazinga! Vedalken. There was no moral conflict at all. It was just Jerk Evil vs Good Rebels cause we say so.

I didn't really like how they confined the whole plane to a city, but the deal with the Hours is going quite well. We've actually been given reasons to care. We could've done it without the Jacetice League, tho. Maybe Gideon cuz he's a bro and brings the outsider perspective.
>>
>>53929826
>Nicol Bolas wants to create an undead army called the Eternals that are covered in lazotep

I still don't get this tho. How is this going to give him is oldwalker powers back? It's his main goal, right? The first story of HoD had the short intro of how Nicky B did his thing to Amonkhet. This flashback strongly suggested, at least to me, that the mending was about to happen or had already happened and it's effects would catch up with him soon.

>He had days. Only days until he wouldn't have the magic left to execute this plan. There was just enough time left to put into place the possible means to regain his godhood.

So, how are zombie space marines going to make him an oldwalker again? I just can't figure it out. Sure he can invade other planes an shit, be real powerfull, rule many people etc. But when all is said and done an incredible army still doesn't make him an immortal demi-god like he used to be.

Why isn't he travelling in time or some shit, like Sarkhan, and prevent the mending or the events that let to it? It just bugs me that it's suggested that Amonkhet is invaluable to regaining his godhood and all it seems to be so far is an undead army factory.
>>
>>53930055
he has eyes on the eldrazi and new phyrexia, while i'm starting to get tired of bolas being behind everything i also understand wotc is building him up to be the uber bad hombre that will take the rest of the cast coming together to get rid off after bolas pretty much pees all over the multiverse
eldrazi cannot mutate undead (that's why lilly did ok against Emrakul's horde throwing her undead army at it)
perhaps phyrexian oil cannot affect eldrazi, so bolas is just getting all his pieces together to try and become the ruler of all the multiverse and somehow undo the mending
>>
File: solemnity[1].jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
solemnity[1].jpg
43KB, 265x370px
>>53929321
Oketra's not going to make it, unfortunately.
One can hope for the Pervert
>>
>>53930125
my idea is this >>53930135
bolas make an undead army of eternals (elite zombie warriors)
bolas cracks open innistrad's moon and uses his undead army to make Emrakul his bitch, he then goes to zendikar and uses his army plus emrakul to enslave what remains of the eldrazi
eldrazi not being made of normal flesh might be immune to phyrexian oil or will be used as a step to get somehting that is immune to phyrexian oil
bolas dicks new phyrexia's anus and enslaves them without having to become the father of machine
now bolas control probably 2-3 planes and has the means to move his forces wherever, so he invades that one plane where planeswalker meet and greet (where Koth got introduced to everyone else)
Bolas uses the sparks of hundreds or thousands of neowalkers to ascend to old walkerhood
Jacetice League fucks him over because plot
the end
>>
>>53929321
Amonkhet was pretty much a big waste of time. All of these Gods and the plane in general were created by Wizards so that they could blow something up again.
>>
>>53930125
Unless of course... now wait a minute... Maybe he is going to travel in time, with an army, to stop the events that caused the mending to be necessary.

Wasn't it Phyrexia and the war that caused the time rifts? Would Bolas try and stop old phyrexia before it's invasion of Dominaria?
>>
>>53930228
Bolas himself caused the earliest rift in his fight with another planeswalker that took the form of a demonic leviathan. The Talon Gates are his personal trophy to said first planeswalker battle in the multiverse.
The end of the Brother's War caused another rift when Urza blew everything up, though truth be told Phyrexia was partially involved in that. Though, honestly, even if it wasn't he may well have done that anyways, because Urza.
The Tolarian rift was a direct result of Phyrexia's existence - or rather, Urza trying to undo Phyrexia's existence.
The Invasion caused a few between Teferi phasing shit out and the Rathi overlay.
Biggest rift, however, had nothing to do with Phyrexia and everything to do with Karona's dipshittery.
>>
>>53928458
>The temple has to watch
>>
>>53930220
Fucking this. Super bummed that the story has been as predictable as it's been and that an interesting plane had to get completely shafted in the process. The only good thing about this story has been that the Gatewatch is going to get temporarily disbanded
>>
>>53930228
Isn't there some lore about a dragon corpse in Phyrexia? Bolas went back in time and failed?
>>
>>53930382
>temporarily disbanded
the Gatewatch, or whatever name they take in the future, is coming back
i don't dislike the concept or idea of the main cast of planeswalkers going around doing stuff, but i think WotC uses them too much, planes where the storyline is driven by Gatewatch members should be spaced apart by independent sets where multiverse stuff or new characters happen
>>
>>53930414
>the demonic leviathan was a mutated kiora trying to prevent a worse castastrophe caused by bolas time dickery and also failed
>>
>>53930382
Jesus Christ.

When it's Kaladesh and shit, people keep posting "MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR YAWGMOTH TO STEAMROLL IN WITH PHYREXIA AND CRUSH EVERYTHING"
But when a plane (and not even a good one at that) does suffer consequences, the reaction is suddenly disappointment and sadness?

We pretty much knew Amonkhet was going to suffer from the start, deal with it. There's nothing interesting about the world at all.
>>
>>53930478
>everyone has the same opinions

I enjoyed Kaladesh for what it was and didn't care for Amonkhet getting introduced just to get steamrolled. It was an interesting plane conceptually but the inevitable "hurr durr Bolas smash muh UNLIMITED POWAH" ending is boring
>>
>Bolas is creating an army to fight the Phyrexians
>He's the good guy all along
>>
>>53930372
So phyrexia was basically the cause of at least 3 of these rifts, 4 if you question wether Karona would have come to be in a timeline where phyrexia never invaded. Still seems like phyrexia would be a good target. He could close his own rift be deceiving some poor walker sod to give up his spark/life, like Teferi did.

Godhood retained.
>>
>>53930444
Hell, this block in and of itself would've worked better without the whole group showing up.
Have Gideon and Nissa go to keep an eye on things, try to figure out what Bolas is doing. Ditch the demon entirely.
Gideon ends up doing the same shit he already did, Nissa does the same. The Hour of Revelation is caused automatically. The two planeswalkers try to do what they can to save people instead of trying to take on Bolas (which is pointless).
Now the plot's tighter overall
>>
>>53930582
Karona would've still happened had Phyrexia never invaded. Otaria was essentially untouched by the Invasion and all the key players were natives of that continent, and her resurrection was the result of a bunch of bullshit caused by some OTHER fucks pulling off their resurrection rituals in tandem.
The only way Karona wouldn't have happened is if the Phyrexians WON.
>>
>>53930414
>Phyrexia was created by a walker who preferred the form of a dragon
>Bolas gets defeated
>In a last ditch effort goes back in time to create another plane
>Dies in the process
>He accidentally creates Phyrexia

it's not possible in the slightest but it would be funny
>>
>>53930600
pretty much
place lily's demon target somewhere else (or not since she's still a selfish bitch that would temporarily abandon her teammates to go nab the fucker)
chandra and jace has no business being there, other than showing off how powerful bolas is by taking on the entire team, and they could have achieved that by arriving at the last momento just to get cockslapped as they try to help gid and niss
>>
>>53930648
>Implying Phyrexia didn't win

I don't see Urza but I do see Phyrexians

Checkmate, Walkers.
>>
>>53930683
>implying the Raven man isn't Urza
>>
>>53930732
>Urza
>Not Gix
>>
>>53928587
According to the narrative, Razakek was already gone.
>>
>>53929987
You mean the black walker or the consultant cause sadly neither are going away any day soon.
>>
>>53930732
Urza is gone. Yawgmoth is gone.
Neither of them are coming back. The best that will happen is getting a card in a supplemental product of one or both in the past.
Wizards may be good at wording things such that people think they're saying things they're not, but they don't outright lie, and they've stated that Urza and Yawgmoth are not coming back in no uncertain terms multiple times
>>
>>53930777

Today's story takes place immediately as the Luxa turns to blood, which we now know also unleashed the three other gods. While all this was going on and Rhonas was getting killed, the Gatewatch were off elsewhere dealing with Razaketh. The opening lines of the story are referring to Razaketh clawing at his own arm to cause blood to drip into the Luxa, not him dying.
>>
>>53930807

Do you seriously think we'll ever go back to Amonkhet, or see Samut leave it? If so, you're being paranoid over nothing.
>>
>>53930807
not him, but:
i don't mind there being black planeswalkers aroudn, but the one we had (Koth) is either dead or engaged in a plane we won't soom visit
we already have a black lady planeswalker from the conspiracy block, they just printed her and forgot her
we have that other brown walker woman from kaladesh
and now the new GR walker black lady, wtf
will ixalan now introduce some new ethnic woman planeswalker? the rebel planeswalker from non-egypt could have been from one of the beast races and it would have made no difference
like domri rade, samut is going to do her shit in her plane and never be heard of again
>>
>>53930836
I probably misinterpreted the "Whatever spell the now-absent demon had unleashed" part then.
>>
File: content_xln-keyart.jpg (445KB, 900x463px) Image search: [Google]
content_xln-keyart.jpg
445KB, 900x463px
>>53930933
>will ixalan now introduce some new ethnic woman planeswalker?
As a matter of fact...
>>
>>53930933
I wonder what new delicious brown waifu they'll give us next.
>>
>>53930978
Technically a spic so...
>>
>>53930933

They didn't forget about Kaya, she's just a part of the Conspiracy plane and we haven't gotten a new Conspiracy set yet.
>>
>>53930978
all of them women
all of them ethnic
all of them one trick ponies
meanwhile garruk had to become some AIDs ridden rapist, koth is MIA, Tezzeret is Bolas's dildo, Sorin is encased in (agony) stone
at least ugin and sarkhan are smoking pot having a good time
wouldn't have minded the not-amerindian girl being in bikini mail, but i guess WotC has decided their fantasy art can never exhibit Royo levels of fun anymore
>>
>>53931044

Why would she be in bikini mail?
>>
The only thing I ask is that Gideon goes full Guts when his waifu dies. For all the twirly dramatic bullshit that sorcery can do for a fight scene, the best ones we've had are one man beating an entire room into the ground with his fists
>>
>>53931011
>spic
amerindian if anything
spic is derogatory for hispanic, there were no hispanics in america before Columbus
>>
>>53930872
Some of the cards show survivors. There's a good chance of a Return to Amonkhet where we get the survivors rediscovering the true past of their plane, to get the modern archaeology/ohfuckmummy Egypt stuff taken care of.
>>
>>53931070
why is she in plate armor? those culture never developed advanced metallurgy and the methods to produce it
my complain is, if they are going to give us waifus then give us saucy waifus in tantalizing outfits, if they are doing this to be PC then they should make a new TCG revolving around that crowd
how many useless walkers do we have now? even after the mending those niggas are supposed to be rare, now every plane the Watch visits ends up having a new quirky one hanging around
>>
>>53931121
They learn how they wuz kangs before the oppressive dragon enslaved them all.
>>
File: 1468073343902.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1468073343902.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>tfw Harthag's spark will NEVER ignite
>he will never planeswalk to an ongoing battle and literally curbstomp the gatewatch out of nowhere
>>
Still waiting for the day they try to kill Bolas, get close, and all the shit hits the fan.
New Phyrexia didn't know it, but their true LORD was never the memory of Yog, but in fact the corrupt remnants of Urza. Who is purified by Karn after being ressurected to Oldwalker existance.
Urza wipes out the Phyrexians, Bolas dies to newwalkers, who then are suckered by Urza to hunt down the Real Phyrexia and Yog...
New walkers help, and destroy them both, because those two are scary supergods, and both are too dangerous to exist.
>>
>>53931135
>those culture never developed advanced metallurgy and the methods to produce it
They never used dinosaurs as mounts or brofisted merfolks either.
>>
>>53931135
>those culture never developed advanced metallurgy and the methods to produce it

Oh yeah, I remember the ancient civilization of Ixalan that rode dinosaurs. That must mean she should wear armor that would be absolutely awful for the climate.

Walkers are a one in a million people. Which is a lot when you consider the sheer amount of planes, and the amount of people on those planes.
>>
>>53931172
>backstory clearly shows the eight gods existing and ruling peacefully before Bolas interferes

Quit shitposting
>>
>>53931199
true, and the human culture in the GRW alaran shard felt more amerindian than this
>>
>>53929821
>beautiful
>>
>>53931221
I really like the old desert gods showing up and murdering Bolas' shiny servants, that was literally the one thing I wanted them to do for HoD
>>
>>53929821
>Egyptian Qts are a huge turn on for me
>Hope for pic related
>Get Kangz instead

Feels Bad
>>
>>53931219
>Walkers are a one in a million people.
not all of them need cards
not all of them need to have their spark ignited when the Watch dicks around in their plane for the first time
>>
File: Crop-Captain.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Crop-Captain.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>53931258

Yeah she looked alright
>>
>>53931272
>I really like Bola's mindless enslaved Gods showing up and murdering Bolas' shiny servants
>>
>>53931192
Sounds retarded.
>>
>>53931290

And they don't. Dovin Baan was a planeswalker before the Gatewatch showed up, so was Saheeli Rai, and Ob Nixilis, and Arlin Kord. So basically all the planeswalkers except Samut since the Gatewatch formed.

Planeswalker is a card type whether you like it or not, and they'll have a couple cards per set to support that type. Just like they wouldn't have a modern set completely devoid of artifacts.
>>
>>53931272
...did you even read the story?
>>
My best guess is that bolas, after wiping the floor with the gatewatch and buttfucking amonkhet, goes "see ya bitches" and takes his zombies and his gods to another unknown plane that will be teased in archenemy to seize some artifact or power instrumental in his rise to godhood.
>>
File: 1476032153326.jpg (47KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
1476032153326.jpg
47KB, 243x348px
>>53931336
>>53931368
>implying a give a fuck about the story
I just wanted to see more giant desert stuff like this guy they put in amonkhet
>>
>>53931367
>a couple cards per set
2 in amonkhet planeswalker decks
2 in HoD planeswalker decks
new lilly in amonkhet
new nissa in amonkhet
new gideon in amonkhet
new bolas in HoD
samut's intro in HoD
that's a lot of walker cards, even if you ignore the planeswalker decks that is not a couple of walker cards per set
>>
>>53931410
>I'm going to talk out of my ass and then act like there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>53931291
Is it too much to ask for Egyptian in the Egyptian block?
>>
>>53931451

You seem to be confusing block for set. But I agree that there have been too many Gatewatch planeswalkers, but as you describe it there are at most a few planeswalkers per set: 3 in Amonket and 2 in HoD. Planeswalker decks are another thing entirely, even if they are standard legal, and I wouldn't expect stuff designed for new players to be devoid of planeswalkers.
>>
>>53931491
according to Wotc, yes
>>
>>53931491

Is it too much to ask for /pol/ to leave Magic threads? Based on the last couple years, apparently it is.
>>
>>53929821
>there is no person of color trying to save other persons of color

In what fucking world does this matter

I just want to play a fucking fantasy card game without getting politics and stuff like this shoved down my throat.
>>
>>53931410
>doesn't care about story
>in a story thread
Leave
>>
File: 1474230056854.jpg (686KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474230056854.jpg
686KB, 1280x960px
>>53931461
>>53931583
there is literally no reason to care about the overarching story of a children's card game
>>
>>53931626
Okay
>>
>>53931626
(you)
>>
File: c4rd4r7_Gr3H4kmzlS.jpg (72KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_Gr3H4kmzlS.jpg
72KB, 850x500px
>>53928195
Rhonas's last might
>>
>>53931626
Honestly, what purpose does the story have other than throwing out contrived reasons for putting black folk in their art?
>>
>>53928317
They were kinda fighting the demon....
>>
>>53931626
you know what?
Magic is NOT for kids it's for 13+ which is a teen
fuck you man, some of us actually like this stuff maybe you should go back to wherever you were before!
>>
>>53931681
I liked the story more when it did not focus entirely on five mary sues.
>>
>>53931706

How are they Mary Sues? Bland, sure (except Liliana), but what makes them Mary Sues?
>>
File: 1487537559878.jpg (343KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487537559878.jpg
343KB, 750x450px
>>53931722
>>
>>53931722
Maybe mary sue is not the right word, bland would put it better, sorry.
>>
>>53931722
>Mary Sue
not america here, I've seen this thrown around a lot of late but uhm... what is a mary sue?
>>
>>53931491
>>53931528
elaborate
>>
File: 1495124221486.gif (939KB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1495124221486.gif
939KB, 255x164px
>>53931491
Can we get some real snake people,
Can we get some real minotaur people,
Can we get some real bird people
>btfo and shut up, this is a made up world based on inspiration of egyptian culture, nobody bitches that there isn't a water shield, or animal people, but not dark enough brown people... Riot...
>>
>>53931821
a character with no flaws or shortcoming that always gets things his/her way and never gets seriously hurt, usually powerful, intelligent, skillful, and charismatic

since i only care for MtG general lore and setting i have no idea whether or not the five main planeswalkers are Mary Sues or not, for a while people insisted Jace was one despite Bolas besting him pretty much everytime they meet and Garruk almostr killing him
>>
>>53930808
Uh, give us this source, my friend, because I have no idea where you're getting this

> and they've stated that Urza and Yawgmoth are not coming back in no uncertain terms multiple times
>>
>>53931821
It evolved from fanfics, essentially a female in this case of mary sue, they are amazing at everything and everyone loves them and they have no flaws. Is stupidly powerful for being "just an average person" and usually have love interests that fight over them...
After that idk how it has devolved...
>>
>>53928317

What part of "that trick barely worked on Zendikar and sure as hell wouldn't work anywhere else" are you finding difficult to grasp?

>>53931491

...There WERE Egyptians in the Egyptian block, you salty motherfucker. The majority of the humans depicted on Amonkhet are.
>>
>>53931914
That's not wholey correct.

The markings of a Mary Sue isn't that they are the best at everything or that they are special in anyway.

A Mary Sue is a character that everyone in the story instantly for no other reason than the story demands it.
>>
>>53932019
>everyone in the story instantly for no other reason
wut
>>
>>53932019
Rephrase please
>>
>>53932034
Sorry. I meant to say instantly for no other reason everyone likes and respects.
>>
>>53931914
>>53932000
not america here again, if this is the definition then I'd say no, the Gatewatch aren't mary sues.

Still, I'd like them to be a little less bland. Gideon seemed to have some nice story moments going during kaladesh and Lili seems interesting but the rest is kinda meh.
>>
>>53932073
you have to consider that since the books don't make much money they have given up on writing professionals to write the stories so now R&D just wings it and tries to write something not terribad, give them a couple of years and maybe we can get better character development
>>
>>53932034
I once instantly somebody when I accidently a banana.
>>
>>53932001
Yeah, but most the women were either ugly or Kangz. The cute and sexy Egyptian girls are on the spell cards.
>>
>>53931744

Yes, it took them the power of Zendikar's leylines to defeat them, and only barely. And then SoI came along and we saw how they fare when they don't have that level of power at their disposal against an Eldrazi Titan.

So what about it makes them a Mary Sue? Are you just salty about the way the story went and are inarticulately using terms you don't understand?
>>
>>53931667
It's not very effective...
>>
>>53930372

Barrin also caused a rift when he nuked Tolaria, which was all because Urza was an autistic cunt who didn't tell the man that his daughter died four years prior, which of course didn't help the fact that Urza was largely to blame for his wife being dead.
>>
>>53932329
That didn't cause a rift, but it made the already-present rift there worse and impossible to fix during the Time Spiral Crisis.
So Karn just hopped back in time to fix it instead, because he could do that.
>>
>>53932099
>they have given up on writing professionals to write the stories
I don't get this. Another anon, in last weeks thread I believe, told me that al this, the retcon and the gatewatch etc. was building up to a Avengers style MtG movie that Wizards apparently really wants, even though we all know it's gonna suck monkey balls and if you still really really wanna do this a series on netflix or something would have a better shot and probably be cheaper to, but I digress.

If they really are building up to this, wouldn't at least a few professional writers to set up your story good make sense?
>>
>>53932376
>So Karn just hopped back in time to fix it instead, because he could do that

>the world's being destroyed by the rifts in time created by the rampant misuse of time travel!
>how am I going to fix it?
>more time travel, of course!
Genius!
>>
>>53932499
Nobody has ever said Karn was anything other than a fucking dumbshit.
>>
>>53932444
I don't think they have the kind of money to back up that kind of production.
even just for a netflix movie/series they would require Hasbro's approval of the budget, since it would be an expensive and risky deal

personally i just think they want to have an story arc like they had with Urza and the Weatherlight crew, Bolas being the main antagonist and the Watch the protagonist

if you have any source backing up the movie deal, please share
otherwise i think hasbro might just have told them to stop wasting money on stupid shit that doesn't sell like books, and spend it on more useful things like strenghtening the brand (hologram in new sets, WotC own Beleren typeface for their products, exploring more premium products like commander anthology and bolas's archenemy box, etc)
>>
>>53930478
>But when a plane (and not even a good one at that) does suffer consequences, the reaction is suddenly disappointment and sadness?
This is the whole fucking problem with Amonkhet. The set was designed from the ground up to be destroyed. It only ever existed so that it could be nuked, and because of the two-block paradigm, it's even more egregious.

Amonkhet's story is "Bolas showed up and kicked our shit in, then he left, now he's shown up to kick our shit in again and he has." There's almost nothing more to the plane than that. It was designed from the ground up to be destroyed, which is just fucking boring.

The main plotline was also predictable and awful.
>WE WUZ FREE AN SHIT
>WE WUZ rebels
>WE WUZ sparks
>All the gods die
>Plane explodes

Everyone tells Wizards that they're sick of their shitty walkers, and they've gone and designed a whole fucking plane to be destroyed just so they can be disbanded for what's going to amount to a about a year. Hurrah.
>>
>>53932663
>if you have any source backing up the movie deal, please share
I have no sauce. Like I said, just heard this from another anon in another thread. I believe it's based on something Rosewater once said on a blog or something.
>>
>>53932711
>Everyone tells Wizards that they're sick of their shitty walkers
i don't think this is a reaction to the gatewatch being disliked by some portion of the fanbase
i think this is a hamfisted attempt to make them fail for the first time, grow up as characters, come back together stronger, and then eventually beat Bolas
>>
>>53932793
look, if they made a low budget (say, like StarGate's first seasons) netflix series focusing on a different set of low power neowalkers that would be great
but the people on the gatewatch and their other contacts (tamiyo, kiora, fukken Ugin) are just too powerful to not need a large SFX budget to make it worth it
>>
>>53930732
Lim Dul
>>
>>53932799
>i don't think this is a reaction to the gatewatch being disliked by some portion of the fanbase
Yes it is. Wizards needed to craft a narrative that allowed them to get rid of unpopular characters and dump them somewhere.

>i think this is a hamfisted attempt to make them fail for the first time, grow up as characters, come back together stronger, and then eventually beat Bolas
This is something the Eldrazi should've done, but Wizard's hire shit writers, so here we are, over a year down the line and several sets later, dealing with basic shit that should've happened at the start.
>>
How long before they bring back Marit Lage just because she was pretty popular again during SOI?
>>
>>53933167
>This is something the Eldrazi should've done
i'm pretty sure R&D just picked up a "How to write a Hero's Journey for Dummies" by Joseph Campbell
The Eldrazi were the first challenge the group faced together, the success pushed them to go against a bigger baddie
Bolas was too much for them and Amonkhet is the point of Death for the watch, a few blocks ahead (copuple of years down the line) they might come together again, perhaps with some new faces and beat bolas
also, link your sources that support the claim the planeswalker crew is not liked by a substantial majority of the consumer base
>>
>>53930057
>Hating on Dovin Based

What the actual fuck is wrong with you? He was the only one in the Consulate with his head on straight, Tezz was an incompetent child as usual, and Baral was too busy stroking his hateboner for Chandra.
>>
>>53933264
>link your sources that support the claim the planeswalker crew is not liked by a substantial majority of the consumer base
Seriously?

Have you been living under a rock since Neowalkers were announced? Everyone is sick of seeing Chandra, Jace, Nissa, etc. being printed so often that one of them has 4+ cards at any given time in standard. Wizards has had to go on record stating that feedback surrounding them has been largely negative since OGW, which is why they're rarely going to be printed on cards, both as planeswalkers and on cards that refer to them directly, after Hour of Devestation. The fact that you even need citations for this is absurd, but have the most recent one:

>http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/159305558583/we-have-another-standard-environment-with-a-top
>>
File: 1468291504368.png (275KB, 474x348px) Image search: [Google]
1468291504368.png
275KB, 474x348px
mfw I'll never get to see the true forms of the Scorpion god, Locust god and Scarab god before Bolas fucked with them.
>>
>>53933630
Commander Deck Material Bruv
>>
>>53933639
Or they just.. always looked this way
>>
>>53933630
>>53933639
After what they have done with Ludevic and the Kami from Kamigawa, idk if I want more Commander representation of story characters.
>>
>>53933671
Nah
>>
>>53932711
I like how you conveniently leave out that Wizards has been aware of the Gatewatch problem for several months now and that they're actively fixing it so you can parrot your shit memes. Also, we don't know the rest of the plot, twit. Amonkhet may very well survive.
>>
>>53933690
>implying the kami is not fucking cool in the new 2017 commander dragon deck

You, my friend, are crazy.
>>
>>53933264
If I have to see one more gideon I'm going to puke to be honest.
>>
>>53933766
He's garbage. Cool garbage, but still garbage.
>>
>>53933671
It was said all the gods were birds, reptiles, and mammals in a story, which implies Bolas twisted them into bugs.
>>
>>53933565
>Yes, you wanted Gatewatch planeswalkers but we didn’t need to do them so often. You wanted the opportunity to see other favorites return or have new planeswalkers in some of those slots.
>They’ll appear when it’s important but at a much slower rate
this is fine by me, in fact is what i argued would be best, one watchteam set then a nonWatch set so they can flesh out the Bolas storyarc without stuffing us with new cards for the same 5 characters
>The fact that you even need citations for this is absurd,
i don't read tumblr and i am not in touch with the standard/modern playerbase, so thanks for the sauce
>>
>>53933264
Nah, they're using their copy from Theros that they only half finished reading.
>>
File: 1466267984995.gif (354KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466267984995.gif
354KB, 240x200px
>>53933799
>>
>>53933799
is not just those 5 characters getting new cards every expansion, is also the fact they all have to be in the story all the time even when they contribute nothing to it
>>
>>53933881
at least in the end their Zeus-proxy was a dick like the mythological figure he was based upon
>>
>>53930125

The rifts would have collapsed the multiverse if the mending wasn't done.
>>53930135
That plane was dominaria
>>
>>53933761
>I like how you conveniently leave out that Wizards has been aware of the Gatewatch problem for several months now
I didn't leave that out, what? I specifically said that everyone has been telling Wizards that Gatewatch is awful right in that post, sorry if I didn't illustrate that it's been going on for nearly two years for you, as if that point matters at all.

>Amonkhet may very well survive.
Who cares?

Honestly, who?

This plane was so paper-thin to begin with, and had terrible world building, that even if it survived the destruction of its only known city, why would that matter? Can you see the return block?

>Amonkhet Eternal
>We return to the desert plane of Amonkhet to venture forth into fucking nothing as we follow the efforts of the uselessly one-dimensional Samut as she yells at the viewer from her art in an attempt to save her completely dead home-plane that no one likes, through sheer use of ugly expression alone.
We already have cards spoiled from Hour of Devastation that tell us that all the gods die, Naktamun gets completely obliterated, and the soul of Amonket has been dead for a long time.

If it's coming back at all, it'll be a massive retcon or based around something completely stupid.
>>
>>53934118
>only known city
pretty much confirmed to be its only remaining city

i would not mind if action returns to it, i like egyptian mythology and its aesthetic
>>
>>53934184
>i would not mind if action returns to it, i like egyptian mythology and its aesthetic
I too liked ancient/classical egyptian themes, which is what makes it so awful to see Wizards bumble about like retards to form a plane based on it specifically to blow it the fuck up and kill everyone.
>>
File: 1000_Riptide-Laboratory.jpg (191KB, 1000x794px) Image search: [Google]
1000_Riptide-Laboratory.jpg
191KB, 1000x794px
>>53934118
Are you mad that we're going back to Dominaria after it's been through two reported apocalypses?
>>
>>53928458
>SCORPED
>>
>>53934239
Kaladesh should have been the plane they blew up and killed everyone on. That place had almost no charm to it
>>
>>53934118
Yes, I can. The gods of Amonkhet were born of the plane naturally to serve and protect. They themselves are magical beings, and I would not be surprised if the gods' magic being released back into the world, as Rhonas' was implied to when he died, causes a reaction that allows some form of life to remain, with Samut either leaving with her spark to rally help from other planes or using her new magical prowess to become a guardian of the survivors of Naktamun. You could even throw in some Exodus parallels where they're forced to become nomads, searching for the lost magics of the gods in hopes of harnessing them to rebuild their home.
>>
>>53934303
>The place had no charm
>Not liking the aether cycle and its creatures
Wish they would've gone deeper into it and not just have the story about Chandra & Co being mad plus Tezzeret scheming+failing.
>>
>>53934351
I fucking hate samut so goddamn much
>>
>>53934374
Meh, I've found her rather dull so far, but this does present one hell of an opportunity for character growth. I look forward to what kind of person she'll be and what actions she'll take following the fall of the gods.
>>
>>53934239
Youre realy fooling yourself if you think wizards is going to nuke the plane into unrecognizability. I think theyve learned their lesson by now as they've gotten burned by every single return they've done so far by ending on something that they dont want to or cant go back to (the vanishing on Mirrodin, the dissolution of the guilds on Ravnica, the return to peace on Innistrad, the Eldrazi infested Zendikar, etc.) and Kaladesh and Tarkir both ended in ways for them to start back at the status quo, and so did SOI and BFZ blocks. We're not going to leave Amonkhet without establishing the ability for Wizards to return to it relatively intact or with he potential to return to that point one way or another.
>>
>>53934270
>two
It's been through like four that we know of.
>>
>>53934374
why?
>>
>>53934413
She's a token character, they're not allowed to have character arcs
>>
>>53934477
this is actually what bothers me more
they create token characters to satisfy PC culture and they never use them again
>>
File: karona461.png (297KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
karona461.png
297KB, 461x346px
>>53934474
I've only heard of the one from Apocalypse and the end of Scourge, but I figured there were more.
>>
Rhonas got literally *Teleports Behind you*
*Nothing personel, kid*
>>
>>53934475
A number of reasons, starting with "Can we not be doing another "Rebellious rebels rebelling for no reason cause they're rebels" story again?
Also her entire base framework is really similar to that of narset
>>
>>53934270
No. Dominaria is a huge plane with a well-developed world. It has more character than every plane we've has since, save for maybe Innistrad, but even then all of the other planes combined can't match Dominaria's history.

If any plane can survive multiple apocalypses, it's Dominaria. The people there have proven time and time again that they are tenacious and able to conquer odds that planes like Ravnica and Theros would buckle under. Could you really see Phyrexia invading Zendikar, and Zendikar surviving? No.

The only thing that's probably going to be shitty about returning to Dominaria is that Wizard is going to fuck it up with their two-set block, and we're gonna get another shallow story that tells of events that take place over a day or two, rather than the pretty solid books we got before, like the Invasion Cycle or The Thran.

>>53934303
Kaladesh had no charm because it was basically "Mirrodin, but with People of Color and no actual story". It was also inexplicably based on India, without any sort of actual references to Indian culture, which would've been incredible, but I guess Wizards doesn't want to risk offending the tens of people from India that play MTG.

>>53934351
Honestly, the only way they can return to Amonkhet is by making it a post-apocalyptic desert set where the denizens are scraping by and someone is searching for a way to bring back the Gods so that they can once again have paradise.

The problem is, of course, that the person searching for the way to bring back the gods will be Samut, and she's fucking awful. Everything about her is awful. Her cards are stupid, she's a stupid fucking character, and she's difficult to look at.

>>53934433
Then Hour of Devastation is pointless, because it's entire purpose is to basically glass the plane and use the zombies for Bolas's army.

Wizards trapped themselves. They clearly set up Amonkhet to be destroyed, then hyped up the fact that it would be releasing a set that explicitly does that.
>>
>>53934506
Usually the at least have something other than blatant tokenism to their character, samut (And that one bitch from conspiracy two) though? She's got fucking nothing
>>
>>53934528
not really, he thought hank scorpio was down and turned around to boast then he got craneally devastated
>>
>>53934548
>Wizard is going to fuck it up with their two-set block
>He doesn't know
>>
>>53934351
So a Kangz and a kike, I could see it
>>
>>53934548
Kaladesh was the shittiest steampunk ever, and they tried to hide that fact by saying it was "Smart" or something cause it was based on india, when it had fuck all to do with india. Also the entire revolt was about people getting their power turned off. I know there's more to it than that, but not much
>>
>>53934548

Dominaria, and all sets after Ixalan block, will just be a single set. They may cover the same story and world with multiple sets, but from here on out (for the time being) there will be no more "blocks" as we know them.
>>
>>53934533
>for no reason
ok, i'm gonna needs your help here, did she really not have a reason? if i understood correctly she found out the trials might not be the original way of life in her land and that their original civilization had been erased (totally wewuzzing, but she sort of had a reason not to go into a life or death battle against her friends)
>>
>>53934548
I honestly don't see zendikar surviving even AFTER the two eldrazi titans died. There's still spawn everywhere, an entire continent's just fucking gone and the plane didn't have a high population to begin with. The place is gonna fall to inbreeding fast
>>
>>53934602
if that was the reason, it sure as hell wasn't conveyed in the cards. All I could get from the stuff on the cards was that samut was "ANGRY NEGRO MAN" but apparently that's wrong and she's just a terribly ugly woman.
>>
>>53934593

Until wizards changed their mind again
>>
>>53934610

All of Ulamog's and Kozilek's spawn died with them when Chandra and Nissa Channel Fireball'd them. Emrakul may have some spawn laying around since she mutated life instad of having spawn, but we don't know if her mutants survive her being trapped in Innistrad's moon because INSTEAD OF AN ELDRITCH MOON EPILOGUE WE JUST HAD TO GET THE STORY ABOUT THE BLACK PLANESWALKER, WHICH WAS SUPER IMPORTANT!

I'm still mad about that.
>>
File: 1492812405_bolaspic.jpg (377KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1492812405_bolaspic.jpg
377KB, 1920x1120px
Would a set about Nicol Bolas and a small band of baddie planeswalkers failing to conquer a Phyrexian/Eldrazi/etc. owned plane be successful?

It would only be for one set, probably using the new format, but could be a refreshing sidetrack from the gatewatch.
>>
>>53934651

That's why I said for the time being. Two set blocks was obviously a way to save time/effort, and it didn't work especially with the Gatewatch, so we'll see how long 3 Big sets a year last.
>>
>>53934477
>m-muh diversity memes

She's clearly being set up to be a major character in Amonkhet's story after the Godfall, be it in this set or a return set. Just because it might not be immediate that she's going through some epic character struggle doesn't mean she won't be explored further. We've seen her happy, we've seen her suffer, and we know what drives and motivates her already.

>>53934533
It feels heavily like she'll be more of a protector/advisor to the survivors than a rebellious teen like Chandra. Hell, you could even argue that she's conservative due to wanting to return to the old ways of culture and worship that existed pre-Bolas. She's still faithful to the gods, even after their scorn and punishment.

>>53934602
She desperately wanted to talk her childhood friend out of being sacrificed for no good reason after discovering the truth.

>we wuzzing

How is it we wuzzing if it's actually true?
>>
>>53934649
>she's just a terribly ugly woman.
that
>>
>>53930648
No Phyrexia means no Karn, no Karn means no Mirari, no Mirari means no Karona.
>>
>>53934698
>bolas find another group of eldrazis eating planes in the blind eternities
>thinks he got it
>get bitchslapped all the way to madara
bolas is supposed toi be getting his act together for the real ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny vs all the neo walkers the watch can muster until then, but man it would be funny, like that one time phyrexian failed to conquer the thrulls kingdom of dominaria and they got pushed back through their portals
>>
>>53934724
>How is it we wuzzing if it's actually true
oh it has nothing to do with the trials, is just the wewuzzing conspiracy is that black did everything in the antiquity and the white people bleached the historical records, bolas having erased Amonkeht past sort of parallel with that, but that's it
>>
>>53934732
Would people like her more if she was closer to this?
>>
>>53934787

And then Phyrexia sealed the portals because they were afraid the Thrulls would conquer the Multiverse?
>>
>>53934813
i would, desu i would like some cheesecake walker, but that's just me
>>
>>53934817
Sarpadia stronk
>>
>>53934813
I wouldn't mind a bit of midriff, makes sense considering the climate. I bet she's got one hell of a toned stomach after the trial training.
>>
>>53934514
The brothers war was an apocalypse transitioning into the Ice Age, then there was the Phyrexian invasion, the Rathi overlay, the time spiral. I think one of their continents may have flickered and that fucked everything up?

I'm probably missing some. Basically every action that happened in the Phyrexian invasion would have caused an apocalypse by itself.
>>
>>53934813
I wouldn't mind some cheesecake, but I'd be more happy with her actually looking like a woman
Like, seriously, Originally I thought that she was a she because of course it's going to be a strong woman of color but when I looked closer at the art I concluded that she was a man but then later on (Actually like, a few weeks ago) I learned that, no, I was actually right he first time, she's just so fucking ugly that I was convinced that no woman could be that ugly
>>
>>53934649

I'm glad you finally admitted it was just because you don't find her attractive. You don't have to pretend you actually know what you're talking about and saying it's because of her role in the story or whatever.
>>
>>53934813
If one day I ever build Samut, this will be the proxy.
>>
>>53934895
The continent teferi is from is just fucking GONE. During the invasion he phased the entire thing out and the clusterfuck that was time spiral caused that to delet it. Like it's either still phased out with no way of getting back in, or just gone forever
>>
>>53934906
I said a number of reasons, but if you want to just jump to that conclusion to defend this shitwalker go ahead and do it
>>
>>53934579
>>53934593
For what fucking purpose? What in the actual fuck? Are they fucking insane?

>>53934588
Kaladesh is the single worst plane we've had. The mechanics were horrible, the characters were stupid, the setting was bizarrely ornate with filigree everywhere, and the payoff was almost non-existent.
>>
>>53934588
>It's based on India?!
>Everyone has an vaguely Hindi name!
>What?
>Also everything is filigreed!
>That's... have you ever even seen India?
>>
>>53934813
She's just got a really bad haircut. Like seriously, if she put it into short cornrows she'd look 10x better from her hair not framing her forehead.
>>
>>53934942

I'm not defending anything, just confirming your actual reason is shallow.
>>
>>53934958
Well, both 2 and 3 set blocks have had severe problems, so they want to fluctuate a bit to free up design space for spring sets before the year's core set if they can't go all the way with a bigger plane, but they still want the flexibility to stick with a plane if they/the consumers like it.
>>
>>53934958
Also there's the whole "We can't put guns on innistrad cause that would ruin the fantasy asthetic but magic cars, helicopters, and trains are totally okay"
>>53934961
>Why the fuck does one of the planeswalker cards of the planeswalker from this plane look like her last name is "O'connor"
>>
>>53934958
Because small sets are dogshit and they always have been.
>>
>>53934997

Yes, that's how different planes work, they differ from one another aesthetically as well as technologically. I'm glad you figured it out.
>>
>>53934983
ONE OF. There's more, but you seem to be actively trying to convince me that I only have the one so you can feel good about yourself so I won't bother saying them
>>
File: 116.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
Well, this flavortext is really cute now.
>>
>>53934588
Don't forget the whole glazing over corrupt government thing by basically implying most of the issues were because Tezzeret and Baral were big bullies now that they're gone everything is going to be fine.
>>
>>53934997
>magic cars, helicopters, and trains
the train might have been to much, but c'mon, mirroding has assembly lines and the weatherlight was an interdimensional flying vessel
>>
>>53935019
What about guns ruins a fantasy setting that a car and a train doesn't?
And I'm not talking about the plane itself, this was a thing they said about the game as a whole
>>
>>53935024
>I have other reasons
>like a million of them
>I'm just not gonna tell you what they are
>>
>>53935024

When questioned on your rationale, you've all but said you know nothing about the story of the set. So it all just comes down to looking at Samut's card and saying she's ugly. And there's nothing wrong with that, you're entitled to your criticism of the card art, but you don't have to pretend your hate extends past that in any meaningful way.
>>
>>53934997
>"O'connor"
if they are going to put diversity in all planes,so be it
blonde aztecs in ixalan, black vikings in whatever the fuck the viking planes is called, delicious asian waifus in slavic Ravnica
>>
>>53935041
Those were mostly before, I do also agree with the assembly lines being distinctly not fantasy but airships are fine in high fantasy, which is Why I didn't mention them
>>
>>53935041
Yeah, and how does a gun fuck up that aesthetic? Will we get an artifact set with guns someday?

Ixalan appears to have laser cannons mounted on the ships. So we're getting closer.
>>
>>53935036
KEK

>>53935037
fucking this

For a revolution there's a whooole lot of not dying brutally via mass exectuion or oppressive tyranny crushing individual freedon going around, and if there's supposed to be, you did a REAL shit job showing it. I expected someone to get outright blasted through the head by Baral at some point, but nope! Instead we get the pointless Hope of Ghirapur shit made to sell a bad chase rare.
>>
>>53935013
Not always, but since Lorwyn you're pretty much right.

But we've already hit a point where we jump to a set and then almost immediately jump to another. The mechanics of each set are barely expanded upon and most new keywords are boring and generally uninteresting.
>>
File: 1426712547871.png (101KB, 383x362px) Image search: [Google]
1426712547871.png
101KB, 383x362px
>>53928033
>"Insecticons, attack!" edition
>>53931410
I thought according to the story we got from Amonkhet these "Endless limb" creature were the remains of the previous gods? Or heavily implied a least.

Perhaps I'm a little lost on where these new (old) ones are coming back from.
>>
>>53935114

It could still work, since Bolas seems to have distorted these three new gods. Which means he could have discarded parts, or left parts lying there after defeating them.
>>
>>53935070
Incorrect, I said that the cards do a terrible job of portraying anything about her character. I was judging things solely from what we're given by the game itself and, guess what, the only card her name appears on is her own. And only as the name. There is not a single fucking quote ANYWHERE in Amonkhet from her. If you view the set in a vacuum you can ONLY gather inferences about her character from her art and her art is crap. Well, that and the fact that she's so blatantly pushed means that there's no fuckign way she's not going to end up as a planeswalker for the next set who they'll drop and never mention again ever
>>
>>53935114
Bolas broke 3 of the original gods' minds and sealed them away as tools to ensure that the Hours would come to pass when needed. He contracted Razaketh to act as the one who would activate them via his blood ritual.
>>
>>53935151

Good thing someone with an informed opinion won't look at the set in a vacuum, or at least has no good reason to, especially if they're going to complain about a specific character.
>>
>>53935106
The entire aether revolt was a moustache twirling badguy going "Nyeeh, I'm going to do the most dastardly deed yet and... TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY" and then the entire city going from "fine" to "Open rebellion" for no reason whatsoever. Generally rebellions are extremely risky things and you have to have a REALLY fucking good reason to want to risk EVERYTHING on it but not on kaladesh.
>>
>>53934895
Hell, I was just going with the Sylex blast, the Invasion clusterfuck in general, Karona's bullshit, and the Time Spiral Crisis, nevermind the multiple worldending fuckups that some of those consisted of.
What's going on with Amonkhet is just a nice Saturday afternoon for Dominaria.
>>
>>53935181
You're missing the point here you mong. This is a card game, not a book series. If a character is going to be so integral to the plot then they should at least give us more mention about their character than a picture of them being ANGRY and saying "I don't like the thing".
>>
>>53934958
WIZARDS! No sense of right or wrong!
>>
>>53935206
>bolas showing up and killing everyone old enough to speak
>seizing the opportunity to mindwipe the gods of the plane now that they are weakened from the loss of followers
>a nice Saturday afternoon for Dominaria
no, is more like Bolas would have had a hard time doing that in dominaria due to population density and every other random joe possibly being a competent mage and some places having Thran relics and Urza and Co. generally chilling around the place not wanting their things sullied while planning revenge upon phyrexia
>>
>>53935290
Also there's the whole "DO NOT TOUCH" zone that is sarpadia.
>>
Honestly I feel like the gods on ahmonket have more personality than any other character in that arc.
They have a corrupted world view but in the end they all just want to do what's best for their people.
I really hope they all are reborn since their corrupted leylines are broken
Opinions on the gods or are they perma dead?
>>
>>53935344
i would not have any problem in amonkhet being mended in the future
>>
>>53935344
I like them a lot. They're far more intimate than the Theros gods, and while they're certainly not as epic, they don't really need to be. I find myself growing attached to their sense of duty and the underlying conflict of the betrayal of Bolas. It's a well-handled and relatable progression of their characters, one that other writers could take note of in the future.
>>
>>53935290
Meant what's going on currently, with rivers of blood, dying gods, plagues of U/R locusts, and an army of your former comrades returned from the dead hellbent on slaughtering everyone.
>>
>>53935364
You do realize that it's fucked forever now since bolas no longer has a way to get his army off of it, right? He's gonna have to have them wait there forever until he needs to invade somewhere
>>
>>53935036
And now we know why a random scorpion has Bolas's symbol.
>>
>>53935417
see
>>53934351
>>
>>53935437
You still have the issue of god knows how many generations of champions being parked there as super zombies, versus like, what, 5 years worth of nomad escapees from a dead city? It's not like they could easily grow a sizable population unless there's a non desert area we don't know about.
>>
>>53935504
The five deserts could be the site of confluences of mana, left by the dying gods as a final gift to their people. Within those monuments, people would live as close to their gods as possible, perhaps seeking a way to restore their forms and finally find the peace and comfort of those whom every one of them considers family. We do see marshlands surrounding the Desert of the Indomitable, so there's a chance that civilization could thrive off of the ruins of Naktamun. Bolas will likely take his army elsewhere, perhaps below the surface to preserve them until needed, now that the Hekma is nonexistent and the other zombies of the plane are unending in their aggression.
>>
>>53931186
Holy fuck that flavor text.
>>
>>53935597
I honestly don't think bolas will bother stowing his army anywhere special since they're already out and the other zombies, while unrelenting, are far weaker than his super zombies.
Also, It'd take decades for the population to recover to any meaningful numbers and far more for them to be able to even face the aforementioned god knows how many generations of champions
>>
>>53934528
It's more like *Stays stationary while you turn around* but okay.
>>
>>53935203
>"Nyeeh, I'm going to do the most dastardly deed yet and... TURN OFF THE ELECTRICITY" and then the entire city going from "fine" to "Open rebellion" for no reason whatsoever.

"Turning off the electricity" has actually been the cause of a few real life revolutions though.

It's a legitimately terrible thing to do to your populace especially if you pair it off with turning off the phones and the internet.
>>
File: Image.png (107KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
107KB, 223x311px
>>53935151
>There is not a single fucking quote ANYWHERE in Amonkhet from her.
You didn't look that hard, huh?
>>
>>53930978
At least she has radiant bronze skin rather than that horrid rotten meat color of Samut.
>>
>>53935663
It doesn't make it any less silly
>>53935669
I guess wizard's own damn site doesn't consider flavortext as being a part of the text box... Sometimes.
>>
>>53935689
>It doesn't make it any less silly
It's not silly at all. You described it in a silly way but shutting down the energy that keeps everything running when people already felt like they were getting stilted and not having enough energy is a pretty big deal.
>>
>>53930978
I can't tell if that's supposed to be a not aztec or a conquistador. You kinda can't really do aztec armor in metal
>>
>>53935634
I never said they'd be doing it alone. Loathe as I am to say it after Kaladesh, but this I something she'll likely call on the Gatewatch to help her in. I'd be down for her and Gideon smashing zombie skulls in or Liliana turning one half of the army against the other.
>>
>>53931528
If they stop trying to please tumblr, /pol/ will leave by default because they won't be able to shitpost so freely.
>>
>>53935729
>People aren't allowed to do what they want because /pol/ will be there to suppress their free speech and/or cashgrab opportunity
Oh well that's wonderful then.
>>
>>53932001
>Men are egyptian cuties
>Women are horrid sub saharans
No wonder people don't have kids in this plane.
>>
>>53934118
>snek crucible of worlds flavor text
>>
>>53935748
It's an ill-concieved cashgrab as we have seen dozens of times before. Either you keep bending your knee and alienate your fanbase like marvel, or you wise up and realize these people are loud but ultimately irrelevant since they don't buy your shit
>>
>>53935822
Except Magic has been more successful recently because these loud people making costumes out of their characters and reading the stories and shit is increasing the visibility of the product which leads to people rediscovering it instead of going, "Well, I liked Hearthstone, but all I could think of investing in is another digital card game on my phone, too bad they don't make these in cardboard".
>>
>>53934813
It'd be fine if she looked like an actual black egyptian instead of an ugly afroamerican, and drop the shitty cornrows and the stupid gang signal breastplate.
But that doesn't help your strawmanning does it?
>>
>>53935847
Actually sales have been going down since BFZ
>>
>>53935874
Well of course, BFZ was the best-selling set
>>
>>53935874
Everything that I'm seeing online is telling me that MtG has been considered financially successful for 8 consecutive years.
>>
>>53935847
Magic actually dipped with OWG selling below RTR levels and just recently recovered with KLD just to dip again with AER and AMK.
They're selling more because they have more products than ever before but booster box sales are no longer breaking record sales every set like they were during the ISD-BFZ era.

SJWs don't buy shit.
>>
>>53935907
I think it might have been a bit earlier but the point is that you're wrong since sales have been decreasing
>>
File: 154588965.png (60KB, 1541x655px) Image search: [Google]
154588965.png
60KB, 1541x655px
>>53928033
I enjoyed the story today. it somewhat reminded me of older books. no gatewatch, no apparent walkers; just creatures of a plane fighting each other with character behind them, as shallow as Rhonas was.
>>
>>53935939
>Magic actually dipped with OWG selling below RTR levels and just recently recovered with KLD just to dip again with AER and AMK.
None of these mean it's failing in any way, saying "dip" and "recover" only means a particular set is selling better or worse than the set before it. You're using purely relative terms to make a point that isn't made with just relative terms.
>>
>>53935929
Yeah, but that doesn't mean sales numbers aren't going down
>>
>>53935974
In the long run, a dip isn't all that meaningful when the overall product still turns a big profit.
>>
>>53935203
You are way downplaying rhe significance of what tezzeret was doing. Do you nor think it would be a huge fucking deal if the gubmint turned off all electricity going through a major city? That was what happened when Rashmi won the inventor's fair. All aether in ghirapur was rerouted to the consulate to help power the massive Planar Bridge. How does that not strike you as a pretty huge deal in the context of the world? Its not a plane collapsing catastrophe but its well worthy of a rebellion at least.
>>
the story is a twisted retelling of Moses.

except with the people leaving and becoming Lazotep-Necron's and Bolas is their Moses/God.

I PREDICT that Lazotep can be "walked" by a planeswalker, and thus this is his goal, to make a moving unliving, loyal army.
>>
>>53935983
Well it's certainly scaring the people making it if they're changing so much
>>
>>53935999
>I PREDICT that Lazotep can be "walked" by a planeswalker, and thus this is his goal, to make a moving unliving, loyal army.
I think he wants the dimensional teleporter from Kaladesh because he needs it to move the army. I'd guess the Lazotep makes the zombies immune to an otherwise powerful force, like Phyrexian oil or something.
>>
>>53930836
Today's story takes place after the Luca has been turned to blood. It was all blood when the Jacetice league fought raza and in this story it all gets sucked into the necropolis.
>>
>>53935999
Whst Im not sure is, Tezzeret specified thst he wanted he planar bridge to have "the dimensions of a gearhulk" which actually to me implies he wanted to move his gods.
>>
>>53936019
Or it's just a damn good material
>>
>>53936016
The changes they're making are to the block structure because they changed the block structure in a really clumsy and unplanned way and THAT is what hurt sales. Nothing at all to do with SJWs. They literally introduced cards that were made for a different Standard environment and threw them with cards they weren't made to interact with.

And I KNOW you know all that so why did you bring the changes they're making up to begin with?
>>
>>53935963
>None of these mean it's failing in any way
Shareholders disagree. That's why we have so many sharp turns on the "plan" this year.
No more 2-block sets, no more F2P software, more removal and a return to fan-favorite settings instead of more leftard panderworlds.

Because faggot white kids that don't spend money on anything but their starbucks are not gonna keep those wallets swelling and actual minorities like a good game more than they like seeing insincere tokenism.
>>
>>53936038
Or a Blightsteel Colossus
>>
>>53936043
Just keep telling yourself that it has nothing to do with them not making as much money as they think they should be.
>>
>>53935504
We do know that its like less than a century since Bolas fucked shit up. In one of the story sections, Nissa talks about how scary it is what Bolas was able to do in so little time.
>>
>>53936087
Today's story literally says "sixty years"
>>
>>53936043
>Nothing at all to do with SJWs
Keep telling yourself that, the pendulum has swung and even Marvel has admitted diversity pandering hurt their brands more than it helped them because tumblrites don't buy shit. Now it's time for Magic to follow suit and return to the ZEN-ISD creative sensitivities that propelled their best era.
>>
File: 1400280818812.gif (2MB, 351x262px) Image search: [Google]
1400280818812.gif
2MB, 351x262px
>>53936111
>>53936077
>literally no argument except 'keep telling yourself, now i'll keep telling you what i keep telling myself'
Alright, that means you're done.
>>
>>53936087
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that as of hour of devastation it's been EXACTLY a century. But that doesn't change the fact that you still have a massively devastated populace, versus a century's worth of super undead warriors, in the desert, with other zombies, that probably don't attack the other undead warriors since they're also zombies and that's how zombies work
>>
>>53936121
And this guy proved me wrong instantly >>53936106 damn shame that is
>>
>>53936087
I think they said itd been 30 years or something. That also places the mending the same amount of time ago, since Bolas infiltrated Amonkhet immediately afterward as some sort of gambit.

Whst Bolas did really is genuinely fucked up, genociding everyone old enough to remember Amonkhet before him, but whats worse is that iirc Naktamun was already the only habitable place on Amonkhet. There was still a massive zombie infested desert wasteland with ancient unknown ruins scattered all around. I wonder what thats all about.
>>
>>53936120
That is what I was saying. You can believe what you want, but I'll stick here and continue to believe that the insatiable hunger for money of any company's shareholders will let them accept ANY measure of decreasing profits
>>
>>53936121
Well no, I agree with you. I want it to be a small enclave of humans, hiding in the monuments while Bolas tapdances his army through his replacement portal/proxy for a portal, then emerging to an entire plane of undead wanting to kill them. Then it turns into a Zombie apocalypse aftermath film.
>>
>>53936140
Well, If I had to guess the story from one of the invocation arts It likely goes something like :
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND...
But seriously I have no idea.
>>
>>53936161
>Amonkhet becomes the walking dead: kangz edition
I want this now
>>
>>53936150
You have never even bothered showing any evidence that SJWship leads to hurt sales, you just want me to take it at your word. This is something the current people in charge of Magic want to do. Maybe they want to do it because they want to or maybe they see it as a cashgrab. Either way that doesn't justify you suppressing their right to free speech by going "/pol/ will always be there to protest if they do what we dislike!", especially since /pol/ is always complaining about people protesting against them claiming it's suppressing THEIR free speech.
>>
>>53936161
I would prefer it that way too, but you know they're gonna some how bullshit it to be "NO EVERYTHING'S FINE NOW, WE DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF DESTROYING THE PLACE IF WE DON'T WANT TO
>>
How do you guys think the Jacestice League would fare against Bolas if they caught him by surprise on Zendikar, where Nissa can tap into that
>muh unlimited power strong enough to kill to celestial gods that transcend time and space
?

Could they beat him?
>>
>>53936174
Marvel comics.
>>
>>53936178
Well Bolas would probably just leave. It breaks his character to have him engage somewhere where he can't be sure of victory. If he did, I think he'd probly try to corrupt the planes soul like he did to Amonkeht. Give Nissa shittons of feedback, while remaining in the shadows. He just would not engage in a straight up fight.
>>
>>53936178
If I had to choose? No, the amount of mana that they'd need to channel would cause nissa to literally explode and leave the rest of the plane mostly lifeless
>>
>>53936055
This is the argument that cape comic publishers make. And the guys who keep making otaku pandering anime. And reality TV.

And all of those aren't making a buck by tapping the same well over and over, getting diminishing returns. You need more eyeballs than the little audience you have. The fumbling attempt to include others is at least an attempt rather than just coddling and keeping -only- your enfranchised audience happy.
>>
>>53936175
Seriously, fuck people. People will whine and moan when Wizards leaves a plane they love changed like they did Zendikar and Tarkir or even post Cursemute Innistrad, then bitch about how they won't have a plane actually be impacted by the events in the story like Amonkhet. What, do they need to find some magical goldilocks equilibrium of "the world is changed but not too much" or somethig? Like seriously, what the fuck.
>>
>>53936248
Pick one and stick to it. Don't flip flop every three seconds
>>
>>53936215
No, im pretty sure the Eldrazi are much more powerful than Bolas directly. Thd diference is Bolas isn't a fucking blind idiot god and would just leave and fight them on his terms.
>>
>>53936203
Marvel's problem is selling comics based upon presales to comic shops through Diamond. Selling a comic book based upon preorders instead of anything else. Look beyond the article headlines or soundbites that sound juicy and look at the business model of cape comics.
>>
>>53936273
Why? What purpose does that serve? They should do what serves the fucking plot and game best in whatever given scenario. They might not get that right every time but theres no reason to arbitrarily do one or the other all of thr time. On Kaladesh, it made sense that the plane wouldnt go through some world changing evolution. If Amonkhet is really changed drastically, itd make sense for it. If they only did one or the other all the time, that wouldnt work out.
>>
>>53936278
Didn't they say that the skulls of Kozilek and Ulamog were the only thing left behind once they were defeated? Does this imply that they might come back through some sort of magical shinanigans?

I sure hope so.
>>
>>53936318
Kaladesh wasn't destroyed. What I was complaining about was the fact that they just LOVE to undo any major world changing event in or before the next set on that plane. Probably the best way to fix this issue is to not fucking blow up every single plane they go to but whatever
>>
>>53935689
You have to go into Advanced and hit Flavor Text. It never looks at flavor text otherwise. The Text option on simple search is for rules text only.
>>
>>53936383
But tuey dont blow up every plane they go to. Kaladesh remained intact, and Innistrad is mostly the same except now theres more cults and eldritch horrors in addition to what was already there. Zendikar is back to relative normalcy as well minus Bala Ged.
>>
>>53936365
they kinda roasted them from the inside out in their true bodies. Maybe if there's enough spawn we might see something out there, but don't expect a titan. Expect a braindead mass of hungry curious little pieces on automatic doing what their eldritch instincts tell them to do now that the bodies they were connected to are cosmic dust. Or cultists playing with powers they weren't supposed to be by using the remains and spawn.
>>
>>53936423
The weird thing is that I HAVE gotten it to pull up flavor text before with just text box. I don't know if it was changed or if I just had other stuff turned on.
>>
>>53936446
But but but....they might come back, right?

:'(
>>
>>53936443
I find it kinda funny. Innistrad having a titan attack was just a bad day of the week out of many bad days where humanity has almost slipped into extinction because of a new monster breed.
>>
>>53936174
>muh free speech
Companies spent the past five years doing what hysterics in social media claimed to want because their marketing departments insisted those people were an untapped consumer base, not because they care about the LGBT plight and black lives matter.
SJ shills didn't put their money where their mouth is and now corporative is going back to target stablished markets where it belongs.
>>
>>53936474
sigh... Not as we know them. Even ol' Ugin didn't understand them and we have no idea what dangling twitching eldrazi corpse looming over your plane does in the blind eternities. Undeath, false life, shadows and vestiges of themselves lying around. Could make for some nasty end bosses to more Zendikar blocks if some stupid Kor woman tries to keep putting them back together or growing something from their crispy bits and scions.
>>
>>53936518
I'm sure there's someone who knows more about them tucked somewhere in the multiverse. Though if they're that smart then we'll likely never see them as they know that having multiple planeswalkers in an area only leads to trouble
>>
>>53936545
More than likely, it's Ashiok or another walker like them who just knows and doesn't give half a damn.
>>
>>53936225
Marvel lost to DC in 2016 for the first time in 63 years and it was all because they turned all their non X-Men iconic characters into minorities, and killed both Cyclops and Wolverine.

Meanwhile DC has characters who happen to be female, black, teens, old, muslims, LGBT, etc. And they continue to do well. Because "muh more eyes", "muh untapped costumer base", "muh new nerds" and all that shit just isn't real. SJWs are a cult, and they're not buying your shit the same way a militant muslim is not gonna start buying beer just because you lowered the alcohol contnent and changed the label.
>>
>>53936278
Ugin had to lie about the eldrazi titans being destructible because Sorin would have destroyed all three in an instant if he knew how.
>>
>>53936668
Thats because they were reality shaping gods themselves back then. Also even then he wasnt sure Sorin and the gang would have been able to. The way the gatewatch killed them was pretty unique to nissa.
>>
>>53936627
You're looking so hard for an enemy here and I don't care. There's no cabal of weirdos from tumblr or wherever out to get anyone.

Capes die and go through the turnstyle of that cycle every year. Pick your spots, 'cause both publishers have sold mounds of shit and nuggets of gold for years. Two multibillion dollar corporations don't need me to don armor and logo to be their warrior online. They just wanna sell you shit.
>>
>>53936446

It was heavily implied that Emrakul not only created Ulamog and Kozilek, but created them from living things.
>>
>>53936950
If she mutated two beings into Eldrazi and they grew into those, that's a lot more scary than just being eaten or played with by the lesser two. I wonder if you need Emrakul herself or just a titan of her level to even make more of the... helpers I guess you might call them? Projects?

This reminds me of some Dead Space stuff and that's unsettling enough without knowing there's a real will behind these guys.
>>
>>53936846
>Capes die and go through the turnstyle of that cycle every year.
Did you miss that part where he said:
>63 years
?

And have you read marvel's latest comics? That shit is pandering so fucking hard towards minority demographics that even the minority demographics want nothing to do with it.

Shit like America Chavez, an LGBTBBQ mexican american from a world where mexico or america doesn't exist and everyone is a lesbian. Where her backstory makes it painfully clear that her mothers were strong, powerful women, who sacrificed themselves to save a world full of strong women that don't need saving.
>>
>>53936950
I dont remember that. I kind of figured they'd come up wih some way to bring back more titans since the idea of "great old ones" or "elder gods" is that there is more than one, and that is still an important paradigm for Eldrazi too ("They came as three"), but I didnt know they wrapped it up in a nice little bow like that.
>>
File: 1465157110566.gif (3MB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
1465157110566.gif
3MB, 1000x776px
>>53931284
>>53934813
>>53934908
All of these are much better options
>>
>>53936950
>>53937048

they didn't imply that, they implied something much bigger.

that Emrakul, Kozilek, and Ulamog combined are the universe reset button on Planes.

as in all life in the multiverse spawned from eldrazi and eventually evolved into the various lifeforms seen in all the planes (and why there is a common origin point for humans gobo's and stuff everywhere)

Ulamog consumes all the matter and resets the plane down to its most basic elements, Kozilek reshapes the plane anew, and Emrakul spawns the life that will eventually become non-eldrazi life.

this is why Emrakul can "mutate" living beings, they are all her children, long off.
>>
All this SJW stuff is a red herring
The reason magic is suffering right now is that they print strictly worse cards that will only see play in drafts and "format staples". Now a days the decks have basically been decided by wizards before the set even releases. This sort of forcing a certain card to be good in their ideal deck will lead to it being broken in one they don't anticipate. They just need to get back to strong low cost cards because the fun part of magic is not when you curve out, it's making decisions like playing a 3 drop or hold back for a counter and removal and risking a bolt on a creature rather than saving it for their face.
Opinions?
>>
>>53937347
this is further supported by the Zendikar Vampires, which were defacto stated to be evolved Eldrazi spawn from after their imprisonment on Zendikar.

the Sires that is, Drana herself learns of this when she sucks out all the juice of a giant eldrazi sire, they were spawn, but then they aquired black mana and slowly evolved into Vampires.

they still suck essence because they are not fully evolved into sentient life, and like Emrakul they can turn others into beings like themselves, but those beings cannot sire more Eldrazi, just Thrulls which look very much like Spawn of Ulamog themselves.

this is also why the Vampires have their hooks, they were always evolved spawn and retain aspects of them, namely Ulamog's sholder spikes.

she herself almost became some sort of Eldrazi-Vampire Super spawn but used her black mana to keep her will.
>>
>>53937347
This

This is one of the reasons I find Eldrazi to be so interesting. To be honest, I wish they would expand on them more and I hope to see them in some sets coming up. I know that's wishful thinking, but their existence is powerful. They are everything. I want to see more titans, if there are any. I want to see more of Emrakul's story. I want Ulamog and Kozilek to come back, and I hope that in the end, the Eldrazi are recognized for what they really are instead of these antagonistic creatures. They're awesome, and damn it WotC, I want more. I hope that we get a five color Eldrazi commander in the new commander sets coming out.
>>
>>53937442
Sire more Vampires*

this is why only things that can make more vampires on Zendikar are the Sires.
>>
>>53937465
well they aren't coming back, maybe Emrakul after she changes herself to suit the Multiverses needs inside that moon.

in the mean time she's been helping Nissa find herself.

with Ulamog and Kozilek dead, the Gatewatch caused a great problem for the Multiverse.

it will now fall into Entropy and eventually cease to exist.
>>
>>53937487
We must fuel the Universe with Magical Girl Suffering then
>>
>>53937389
MTG was more fun what players had open-ended options. When it was more about "gaming" your opponent's possible plays and then replying in kind if you made the right call.

I liked when the game was about mages casting spells and not who can field the most cost-effective army in an environment with no removal.
>>
>>53937487
>some of the best selling sets include Eldrazi
>One of the most popular races in all of mtg won't be coming back

Sure thing, buddy.
>>
>>53937610
except that was when magic was at its most unbearable for 90% of the players.

only after 10th edition did Magic really start to be great, and it died with Theros, Khans of Tarkir was the last gasp of good.

everything should be good in magic, not just "I'm going to combo you now unless you stop me" where creatures are literally just limited chaff.

looking back at Combo Winter and its many variants with rose-tinted glasses just solidifies to me that you didn't play magic then at all.
>>
>>53937465
>Five color Eldrazi commander
Nah mate. You're going to get an Emrakul planeswalker in Return to Kamigawa
>>
>>53937711
>Im-fucking-plying combo winter was what people hated when Wizards decided to print affinity
>or Fairies
>or Reflecting Pool 5c cancer
>or cawblade
>or Eldrazi Winter
go fuck yourself kiddo, talking shit when you have no fucking clue just makes you look more retarded than usual
>>
>>53937760
HHHHNNNNNGGGGGGG

I want this so badly. I want all three titans as humanoid planeswalker cards.
>>
>>53937840
I said combo winter, and its many variants, of which you listed some of them.

and they were all shit, and they have a ton of fuckers who constantly want to go back to shit like it.
>>
>>53937760
>Emrakul, a being that exists and lives in the Blind Eternities and is wholly superior to Walkers.

>downgrades herself to a mortal with a shred of the blind eternities in her

>this is somehow better.
>>
>>53937908
watching an unstoppable force win every battle she's in makes for a boring story, plus it's more of a game for Emrakul. It's like when she played chess against Jace and lost, she only did it because she wanted a challenge. she ended it with something along the lines of 'I didn't lose, just simply grew tired of playing.'
>>
>>53937959
actually she just turned his peices into her own, stating they were always hers (hinting at her true nature)
>>
>>53936518
Shards upon shards wait and whispered
Dancing endlessly unbidden
A string tugged here, another sliced and severed
Their purpose as yet still hidden
>>
>>53937888
combo winter, Mind's Desire, and Splinter Twin were arguably the only true combo decks that ruined standard. Every other example I provided was hyper efficient creature synergy that dominated because Wizard's thinks good removal causes feelbads.

90% of players hate it when they get steamrolled, combo decks at least give them 2-5 turns to do shit before losing. Shit like Affinity and Fairies just washes over other decks starting from t1
>>
>>53938005
Please elaborate. I like this.
>>
>>53935953
Who is the worst walker?
>>
Make new thread pls
>>
A healthy standard has no turn 5 combo win. It has grindy control decks, mana ramp, multi creature combo like prime time, fast agro, recursion decks that uses recursion for card advantage, tokens, and mid range utility. All of these decks have strategies for each other. This is what standard looked like right after the jace and stoneforge mystic bans, probably the healthiest and funnest standard I have seen.
>>
>>53938569

Or Inn/Ravnica standard right before Theros, mm mm mmm, wish I could go back to it
>>
>>53932111
Did you the whole banana?
>>
>>53932329
I thought Hanna died during the Invasion.
>>
>>53932663
It's mostly reading between the lines. They super hyped up the Gatewatch ever since Origins, which is around the timeline of the first news about the MtG movie. Then there is also how a lot of modern (American) comic books seem more like pitches for movies or series and, in the case of Marvel and DC, they are IP farms.
>>
>>53933389
That's precisely the problem. Both the consulate and the rebels seem to have half assed motivations for existing. Dovin looks bad by association
>>
>>53928541
I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG
>>
>>53937908
>Emrakul a being that exists and lives in the Blind Eternities and is wholly superior to Walkers
>All that power PLUS a Walker spark
I mean she already said that she wasn't at her perfected form during her Chess game with Jace.
>>
File: thescarabgod.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thescarabgod.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
Hoo boy
>>
>>53940767
one of the most pushed legends of all time.
>>
File: 123068_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
123068_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
>>53940767
>Pic related in 3, 2, 1, ...
>>
>>53941205
who cares, the God comes back.
>>
>>53930125
i think bolas is trying to fuck the multiverse to the point of new rifts apearing so he can do his own version of a mending
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.