[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: MtG_Turn_4.png (103KB, 866x162px) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Turn_4.png
103KB, 866x162px
So, having a game end on turn 4 is 'unpalatable.'

In that case, what is the earliest turn that an aggro deck should be allowed to win by, without being considered 'unpalatable?'
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>53926254
I dunno.

Dice of randomness roll roll roll
Tell us the number that we should know
>>
>>53926304
Right, there you have it. Turn 10.
>>
>>53926254
I would say 5 sets of turns should be the lower bound.
>>
>>53926254
I feel like turn 6 or 7 would be a decent place to aim for. That would let people get those really big monsters out
>>
>>53926254
It's unpalatable to lose to a single card most decks can't stop that has to roll in to a giant dumbass way ahead of curve, the statement was not an indictment against aggro.

Of course, wizards isn't too keen on aggro either, but that's not what they were talking about here. At least aggro has to dump their hand of cards, any of which most opponents can presumably interact with.
>>
I've pulled complete wins by turn 3 in Standard by damage and Turn 1 in Modern.
Modern usually ends by turn 4 and Standard should usually end by turn 5.
>>
I routinely win by then 4 in limited let alone constructed. But I am at a higher level than the vast majority of players.
>>
File: SuicideBlack 001 (Large).jpg (719KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
SuicideBlack 001 (Large).jpg
719KB, 2304x1728px
turn 2
>>
>>53928233
Wheres turn 3?
>>
>>53926254
Just reprint path to exile and stiffle :^)
>>
>>53926254
The problem is the shift from control as a result of banning reflector mage. It wasn't an inordinately powerful card worthy of a ban, it just sort of existed and shit on popular strategies. By choosing, ideologically, to limit the extent of control and removal, they have less wiggle room because answers aren't as prevalent.
>>
>>53926254
>not wanting game to end turn 4 plenty of ways to do it
>turn 1 bloodlust
>turn 2 4/3 minotaur, give haste
>turn 3 snek god, give it haste
>turn 4 double combat, give it haste, double combat, have room for blooming defense
>deal 38-42 damage turn 4
>>
File: IMG_2486.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2486.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53928233
>tfw this card got me into black
Negator is probably my favorite black card.
Is that deck legacy legal?
>>
>>53927964
>turn 1 win in modern
With what deck and what Christmas-land hand?
Storm is the only deck that comes to mind that could do that
>>
>>53926254
>counterplay
after nerfing counter magic into shit. Golly, I sure do enjoy ramming creatures into one another turn after turn
>>
>>53937106
Puresteel Storm with Simian Guide.
>>
>>53937106
And of course It was with Christmas-land hand. The deck reliably fire the combo by turn 3.
The hand was: Simian, Sram, Rugged Praire, Mox, Cherrios, Cherrios, Cherrios.
The Retract came with the draws.
>>
>>53937995
They've nerfed counterspells and burn spells so fucking much its stupid.
>>
the only acceptable victory is one in where you remove all cards in both decks at the start of the game from play.
>>
File: 1229450599583.gif (4KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1229450599583.gif
4KB, 344x326px
>>53926254

Having the game end on turn 4 is totally fine as long as both players got to actually fight for real during those four turns. Tons of games ended turn four in Tempest era standard and it was some of the best standard has ever been.

Having the game end on turn 4 in a landslide victory, because one player is running a combo that doesn't have sufficiently effective counters in the format? That's dogshit.

The issue isn't what turn you're allowed to win. The issue is that games shouldn't be one-sided fuckfests that boil down to luck of the draw.
>>
>>53938790
lol
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.