[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Roleplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: mapa warhammer.jpg (164KB, 591x355px) Image search: [Google]
mapa warhammer.jpg
164KB, 591x355px
So whats /tg/ opinion on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2 edition?
A buch of my friends were thinking of getting into roleplaying and I offered to GM them.
They are into Warhammer Lore and stuff (more into 40k but I must admit I'm not that much of an expert in 40k myself) so I thought WHFRPG could be fun, thoughts?
>>
>>53924948
It's pretty great.
>>
>>53924948
What premade campaign would you recommend me?
Or should I make one myself?
It is my first time GM-(ing...?)
>>
File: tumblr_o535w7zTeI1ummjd5o1_400.jpg (32KB, 397x530px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o535w7zTeI1ummjd5o1_400.jpg
32KB, 397x530px
>>53924948
It's a very fun sysyem, lethal and gritty, easy to learn and DM for. There is a metric fuck load of fan content and the community tends to be dedicated and helpful. It isn't without some weaknesses - in particular, some weapons (especially from OWA) and combat styles need some tweaking to be viable. I just ran a game for about a year with some adjustments to these and some other quibbling matters, and if you're interested I'll post them here once I've got access to my PC in a few hours.

The tl;dr of combat weaknesses is that two handers suck, guns are underpowered, and bows level off in effectiveness mid to late game. I found most of this easy to fix.
>>
>>53924948

I really like it, wish my group would play more than once a month due to conflicting work schedules. Hoping that 4th edition turns out good so our GM or some other nearby picks it up.
>>
>>53925127
BTW looking at the rules, arent the halberds just a better spear/two hander? No penalties and you can just switch between combat modes, am I missing something?
>>
>>53925281

Some weapons will straight up be better than others, given best quality one handers most will pick an axe due to impact quality.
>>
>>53925000
Honestly any of the official ones are fun. I'm partial to A Brutal Finish (I think it's called) from Realms of Sorcery. It involves a wine festival, spontaneous combustion, organized crime, and arson.
>>
>>53925281
That's pretty much the case, yeah. Personally I tweaked them a bit to make it so they're still flexible but not so obviously better, and tweaked the traits for best quality two handers so they offer unique advantages over taking a halberd. It ends up coming down to flexibility vs. specialization, which worked for my group.
>>
>>53925303
Personally, I gave best hand axes Impact and Tiring in my houserules for just that reason - they were far and away the best weapon in the game before, but even nerfed they still perform quite well.
>>
>>53925345
Arson?
Well, that sounds like fun...
>>
>>53925380
I do this too.

I also remove slow for best two handed swords but make them do only SB damage
Best warhammers make the enemy roll against stun everytime they hit the head, even if you don't have the strike to stun skill

Best great warhammers ignore 2 armor points, but only against plate
>>
>>53925371
I guess you could give halberds something like tiring?
I mean they are supposed to be larger and heavier than any regular spear/2h
Two handers being underpower is something GW does in all its games, look at Mordheim or even the tabletop itself only Elves (due to ASF) or Dwarfes (due to low initiative to begin with) were worth with 2h
>>
>>53925461
For me, when used like a great axe they're 1d10+(1.5*SB) Impact, Slow. But when used as a spear they're just 1d10+(SB) Fast. I find this let's them be a jack of all trades among the two handers but a master of none.

In general, all my two-handed do 1d10+(1.5*SB) Impact, Slow unless adjusted by being Best quality. Obviously this makes them much more damaging when they hit, but I felt and play bore out that Slow helped keep this from getting out of hand, while the lack of a free parry was fairer check now than it had been before. Basically it gives a PC a choice - do you want to roll defensively with sword and board, or rely on killing quick with a bigger weapon? I noticed two-handed were now favored by the heavily armored, which made fair sense.

I'm going to be playtesting a new house rule when my next game starts that one of my players came up with, which allows for more worthwhile two-weapon fighting. Basically, you can make a free attack if you're dual wielding melee weapons, but only if you have the Ambidextrous talent or the weapon is Balanced. Additionally, you must attack with both weapons, not just the one you prefer. Attacking an extra time also eliminates your free parry that round. We'll see how it plays.
>>
File: Ian_Miller_-_Death_On_The_Reik.jpg (244KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
Ian_Miller_-_Death_On_The_Reik.jpg
244KB, 500x695px
>>53924948
Guide to enjoying WHRP:
Get a copy of WFRP1e. Proceed to substitute any later editions' lore and setting background with 1e.
Replace mechanics with system of choice if wanted.
Enjoy.
>>
Zweihander or WHFRP?
>>
>>53926022
I've not played zweihander yet, but it's a fan made WFRP 2-alike, with updoots. That means the mechanics are probably either solid or VERY bad. I welcome anyone who had actually played to chime in.
>>
>>53926046
>either solid or VERY bad
I've read the beta, and honestly can't remember anything about it. So it's neither, I guess.
>>
>>53926182
Probably mostly the same system, then. I'll have to get off my lazy ass and look, but I expect that they did, at least, tweak weapons.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (80KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
80KB, 1920x1080px
>>53925950
Eh, never liked the gods of law or dorf magicians.

2e era skaven and vamps are way better.
>>
Make sure to have a rat catcher
>>
>>53929164
Why?
>>
>>53927576
>never liked the gods of law

t. Khorne
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.