[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird War II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: WTNO_robot.jpg (58KB, 600x731px) Image search: [Google]
WTNO_robot.jpg
58KB, 600x731px
>1967
>the summer of hate

Nazis control the Eastern Seaboard after the atomic bombing of Manhattan in 1947.
America is balkanized by the surrender into "Quisling America," Zion (Mormon Midwest), Cascadia, and Northern Mexico.
Fierce resistance persists across the globe, but it seems futile in the face of Nazi super-science.
Are you a bad enough dude to kill Hitler and end the war for good?

Weird War II thread.

What is your favorite system to run alternate-history games in?

Do you prefer dieselpunk (Weird War II, Wolfenstein, etc.) or some other aesthetic?
>>
>lel magic science nazis

"Weird War II" is literally worse than steampunk.
>>
File: man in the high castle.jpg (503KB, 4240x2832px) Image search: [Google]
man in the high castle.jpg
503KB, 4240x2832px
>>53919307
>not joining the American branch of the SS so you can hunt down Jews and terrorists for the Fuhrer
>>
>>53919945
I disagree, mainly because Weird War 2 has heritage that stretches all the way back to the actual conflict.
>>
>tfw you will never be a part in a wolfenstein themed tabletop campaign.
;_;
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il59S3HT6jI
>>
The only people who enjoy this shit these days are people who jerk off to the idea of being cool winner nazis or people who jerk off to the idea of killing people and being politically validated and patted on the back for doing so.
>>
>>53920164
The GURPS Weird War II book is really good about mentioning this. People were coming up with crazy stories while the war was still happening, from Foo Fighters to the Philadelphia Experiment to the Nazis literally funding magicians to try to do magic against the Allies.
>>
>>53920207
That basically applies to any alternate history scenario that's focused on war.
>>
>>53920209
Exactly, plus stuff that was real like the Nazi flying wing or firebomb bats.

Add to that the fact that there was stuff like the Red Skull fighting Captain America actually being published in the midst of the conflict, and I think the setting archetype becomes a lot more credible.
>>
>>53920164
My main beef with it is that it's incredibly overdone. I'm so fucking tired of Nazis as the bad guys.
>>
>>53920312
There just aren't many groups that can be so concretely assured to be evil. Basically you've got them, Russians, North Korea, and now Muslim extremists.

The latter two are too modern to have a cool retrofuture vibe, and the Russians get all nuclear-y and aren't wacky/occult enough.
>>
>>53920312
How about Nazis as good guys?
>>
File: IMG_7646.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px)
IMG_7646.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>53920399

You'd have to have some pretty bizarre enemies for that to work.
>>
>>53920510
There was a suitable enemy lurking in central Asia a few years earlier who could have easily become the great enemy of the 20th century if he hadn't had such a suicidal hate-boner for the USSR.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.