[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find players /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: wowdanddad.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wowdanddad.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
I want to run a campaign, but I'm an anti-social recluse who has no friends. How can I find people who want to play and won't crap out of a campaign?
>>
Trial & error. There is no way you can guarantee you won't make bad experiences. What you can do is have a good look at the people you want to game with in advance and see if it might work out with them.

Other than that, what is needed is the faith that one good group is wading through crappy groups. Same with relationships, btw.
>>
>>53905984
Where do I find those people in the first place?
>>
>>53905984
And to follow up on that: you've created a thread here on /tg/... you might get good responses or troll bait or anything inbetween. What is needed is the faith that the good reponses are worth the shitposts inbetween.
>>
>>53905805

IRL or online?

IRL is potluck, but there are meetup listings and so on you can explore.

Online is more reliable, although it takes more time. The big thing? Networking. You don't start a game you really want to run, you start a game you won't mind running (but aren't wasting too much effort or good ideas) and use it as a chance to vet players and get to know people. Meet good players, get to know them and their friends, eventually end up with a reliable group of good people you can enjoy playing with.

The difficulty here is that most people who advertise for or join public pick up games are the kind of people who can't sustain a stable group or playerbase, so the vast majority of them are shit, necessitating the filtering process to find your way in with a good group.
>>
>>53905805
have you tried socializing
>>
>>53906061
Game stores, college campuses, online resources (such as gamefinder threads on /tg/).
>>
>>53906091
>>53906102
Thank you both, but which online forums (other than the gamefinder threads) are good for finding people?
>>53906095
pls no bully
>>
>>53906132

Roll20 and the sup/tg/ IRC are places I'm familiar with. Both are cesspools, but there are decent groups amidst the trash.
>>
>>53906091
>All this anon said
I seriously did this and it works.

I made a few toss out games, advertising on the /tg/ gamefinders, got some players and played.

I suffered. I vetted out weirdos (SO MANY weirdos) and eventually got four human beings I could meet on the regular. Been playing Grimwyrd with them a year now. Regular AARs in the gurps general thread, weekly.

No pain, no gain.
>>
File: 1454984154642.jpg (535KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1454984154642.jpg
535KB, 1200x1600px
>>53905805
meetup.com
penandpapergames.com
obsidianportal.com
infrno.net
rpol.net
invisiblecastle.com
rpggamefind.com
www.rpggateway.com
roll20.net

Enjoy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.